Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tim Stenebek along with Carol Master, and we're joined by Bloomberg News acat's reporter Carmen Reinicky, Carmen, You've got a lot to choose from when it comes to movers today. I know super Micro is on your radar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, super Micro is my top stock and also the top stock on the S and P five hundred. Today, ticker SMCI shares jumped sixteen percent, the highest since February twenty six. The company signed an agreement with Saudi Arabian based data center Data volt for a twenty billion, multi year partnership. Bloomberg Intelligence analyst Blujinho said that this partnership reinforces the view of the company's solid strategic position in AI servers amid mounting competition.
Speaker 1: Stock's been on a tear too like this week.
Speaker 4: I think a bam people moving into it in a big way.
Speaker 3: YEP and other chip stocks today also moved sort on this news and all sort of the positive stuff coming out of partnership. So Nvidia, AMD, all of these companies were up all.
Speaker 1: Right, everybody who's watching Core We've very closely. This is a company that ipo'ed just in the past couple of months, and it was looked at, hey, are we going to see a return to IPOs? How's it doing well?
Speaker 3: I mean we also had e Toro today, So today for IPOs, so shows of corweeb are up about nine percent right now, and after hours trading, the company reported its first ever earnings results as a publicly traded company. Basically, it showed pretty solid results. Adjusted EBITA revenue, operating income beat Wall Street expectations and basically it just indicated that artificial intelligence investment is not slowing down. And I mean, this is this is something that's just really lifting the tech sector in general, right because this was the big fear, you know, these companies are going to stop spending and then we're going to you know, see this hit to earning. So a really good first showing from Core Weave. The stock has also been on as hair this year. It ended the day at a at a record high.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I just want to point out since you talked about the AI trade. Right, we saw Cisco in the aftermarket come out with earnings and the stock popped three four percent in the aftermarket, and a lot of it had to do with some of the spending that they are seeing in terms of a high what it says, positive sales forecast after AI booies demand AI.
Speaker 1: The trade is backed, Tim Well, I know Cisco is one of the stocks on Carmen's as well. Start he thunder. Sorry, it's my arms, Carol Massa where I'm like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: I thought it was just up sorry an expert transition, but no, you're totally right. I mean AI spending is you know, it's still coming, It's still happening. Cisco boosted both its current quarter revenue forecast and full year revenue forecast. And I mean this was the earnings you know, like season where we were supposed to see all this cut right, like that was the fear. So this bodes really well for the AI trade. And I think worth noting that we have in video in.
Speaker 4: Two weeks, yeah, right, will be another one. It's kind of fascinating because I just feel like we were backing off that AI trade, but we got some like throughout the earning season, right, some support that stuff's going on should point out to Cisco. It sounds like some changes in the c suite, the CFO stepping down and making some changes there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, May eighth, four to twenty pm video Let the countdown began.
Speaker 4: At it in Vidia close today.
Speaker 1: That's when I hear from Nvidio and Vidia finished up by more than four hundred billion market cap added.
Speaker 4: I mean that one too, Like what I mean we're looking at Wait, let me just pull up the numbers. I mean, it's been on a tear.
Speaker 1: Also, and Jensen was in Saudi Arabia yesterday. He was called out by the president. Yeah he was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a sixteen percent this week and only Wednesday Lemon year today shares a flat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that, I'd mean, but yeah, a big resurgence back into this trade. I mean, it's its valuation has gotten so compressed. I think it's trading at like thirty times earnings now, which is a huge discount if you look over the last two years. So it's really interesting to see sort of the air come back into the tires here. And yeah, I'm excited for me. Twenty eight.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.