Speaker 1: For you.
Speaker 2: The listeners of Unofficial Expert podcast. Zipcar is offering twenty five dollars or free driving credit at zipcar dot com. To earn twenty five dollars or free driving credit, go to join zipcar dot com slash Unofficial Experts. Again, that's joined zipcar dot com slash Unofficial Experts to earn free driving credit. Hey hi, Oh my goodness. This is the unofficial Expert.
Speaker 1: Where we think we know but we don't know. Yeah, we have no idea.
Speaker 3: Well, no, we know it all.
Speaker 1: I know it all. I feel like I do. I was an expert this week at being a good friend. Oh that sounds terrible. What was that? How are you a good friend?
Speaker 4: This week?
Speaker 2: My friend got some bad news. And usually I'll be flaking on everybody. I'll be like, I'm busy. You got shows, da da da.
Speaker 1: And I actually came through after my show that was in Brooklyn. I came all the way to the city, hung out, stayed out, then went home late. Is that what it takes to be a good friend? Yeah? Well, and I'm a really crappy friend.
Speaker 3: But we know that already.
Speaker 1: You're not leaving my burrow for your tears. We know that okay, Well, as long as long as you know I do. I'm also not leaving my burrow to go to Bushwick. I know that as well. I'm on it. What was I an expert at this week?
Speaker 3: I was an expert at washing my hair in under three hours this week.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did that yesterday and.
Speaker 3: My hands were all pruney, you know, like when you're in the water too long your hands get like or your skin turns into like old people's skin.
Speaker 1: My hands have still not recovered. I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 3: But my scalp feels clear, and uh, it feels different when I like the wind hits my scalp. Now it's definitely clean. It's clean an expert.
Speaker 1: We can like put a finger through it and be like, no, please don't touch me. We're not that cool. No fuss, no fuss, there's gonna be a little bit of a fuss.
Speaker 3: So this is the show where we talk to experts about what they're really really well versed in, and today our expert is Anthony Corbali.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you guys, it's actually pronounced Corbalist. You've only known me for two years, but that's cool.
Speaker 3: Actually, Actually, if you can't tell Anthony is our white man expert.
Speaker 2: He is so white and he is such a man, and we love all of that.
Speaker 3: He has on our expert classes today and he looks like a professor.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I'm robo white. That's why I am just ask me any white questions.
Speaker 4: I got your answer.
Speaker 1: No, we just want to hear it.
Speaker 3: We want to ask you regular questions and then we want to hear your super bige responses.
Speaker 2: Yes, because I'm want to know the white man struggle.
Speaker 1: That's what we know.
Speaker 4: Can you tell us, Oh, you came to the right guy.
Speaker 1: White guys struggle number one depression.
Speaker 4: Oh do you want to talk about that?
Speaker 2: No, but I'm saying like that's a real white man struggle is depression.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was depressed yesterday. Oh really, I did watch three Netflix movies. What movies?
Speaker 1: Yes, what movies?
Speaker 5: Did you Deliverance not exactly a cheery movie. Yeah, that's mail rape in that movie, that's Deliveries. No, it actually snapped me out of it.
Speaker 1: You were like, I'm doing bad, but not that bad. Yeah, it's a really good Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but in a weird way.
Speaker 5: Like when I first watched Deliverance, it scared me because it's so creepy seeing a guy get raped.
Speaker 4: But now I was like, oh, that was kind of a good move, like in a kinky way, like with consensual rape. Oh, there you go.
Speaker 5: Sorry, consensual consensual ravens the thing which that was because they were actors, they were consenting to the rape.
Speaker 4: So I saw how exciting it was.
Speaker 1: She would be given those white man excuses. There's no such thing. That sounds like something that they would say, but it was she wanted.
Speaker 4: She said no, no, she told me to rape her.
Speaker 1: What she said it took a really dark turn too fast.
Speaker 4: We're not we're not We're not even in kindergarten yet.
Speaker 1: We haven't been doing this long enough.
Speaker 3: Let's okay, So you watched Deliverance. What else did you watch?
Speaker 5: And then I watched the Janis Joplin documentary and then the Alan Iverson documentary.
Speaker 1: Let's get into that that. What was your perspective on Alan Iverson? The answer? How do you feel about Ai? Oh?
Speaker 4: You gotta love him. He's great.
Speaker 5: But that story that where he got arrested in high school is really fucked up because he was at a bowling Allan. They got into a brawl and he did. He got sentenced to fifteen years for a brawl in a bowling alley in Virginia. If you were wondering about the criminal justice system and what's wrong with it.
Speaker 1: But he didn't go to jello.
Speaker 4: He did four months. He had to get the governor to pardon him.
Speaker 5: And the only reason he got that was because everybody knew he was gonna be famous ballplayer.
Speaker 4: So he got he got out. He would have done five years.
Speaker 1: Somebody died.
Speaker 4: I was like, what happened?
Speaker 5: Somebody broke a thumb, somebody broke an arm, and somebody got a gash.
Speaker 1: Wow, he got out of that. He probably had somebody wide on his side.
Speaker 3: Well, he was going pro, so he had, you know, his beige.
Speaker 4: If he hadn't been going pro, he would have done five years for a bowling alley bro How much.
Speaker 1: Time did everybody else do? Did anybody else do anytime?
Speaker 5: Because he got off, his other friends got off too, so they all got really lucky.
Speaker 4: But I mean, it's fun that they were in that situation and begin with.
Speaker 2: Yes, in a bowling alley like bowling alley, and I don't like bowling.
Speaker 1: Bowling is not that great like bowling for me. Is cool, Like I put on those nasty ass shoes.
Speaker 3: They're always discussing and they always look like clown Like why I understand that the bottoms need to have that grip or whatever. Can't we just put regular shoes on and have that little slidey thing on them and be good. They always look funky, always.
Speaker 1: Has blue and red shoes, and you know it be somebody who real comfortable. They just put their feet in there. It's like no socks, no socks.
Speaker 3: Really, somebody really brad.
Speaker 4: Disgusting band aid juice in the fin this ship and.
Speaker 1: Then you know that spray ain't nothing but like water missed.
Speaker 4: Just oh yeah, it's like a stop that fun disgusting.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so bad, so gross.
Speaker 3: Anyway, bowling is terrible. But so you tell us about you.
Speaker 1: You're from where?
Speaker 4: From Greenwich, Connecticut?
Speaker 1: Bam?
Speaker 3: That is like white man. That's like the mecca of beige right there. It's like, oh holy, yes, holy. I think that all young white males have to travel to Greenwich before they turn of forty.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's like their pilgrimage. Yeah, to be especially white, you have to go to Greenwich. What's what states have you been to like, where have you.
Speaker 4: Gone everywhere except Alaska? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, tell us where like you've been a Maine, yeah, Rhode Island, ye, very North Dakota.
Speaker 5: Yes, actually ship no I did. I did one of the Dakotas.
Speaker 3: Not Dakota is Dakota, Montana Yeah, New Hampshire yep.
Speaker 1: Iowa, ye city. You don't know. No states.
Speaker 5: I've been everywhere, all of them except one of the Dakotas in Alaska, the white ones. No, even Hawaii. I've been to Hawaiian all that. I almost went to Antarctica.
Speaker 1: No, Arkansas, that's what Arkansas? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well Nebraska, yep.
Speaker 5: Driving when you drive across country, you go through Nebraska, Missouri, yep. I don't know anymore, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Arizona, New Mexicoah for Colorado, Wyoming, Tennessee, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, West Virginia.
Speaker 1: All those states are white.
Speaker 4: Vania.
Speaker 1: I think he just washing again.
Speaker 4: Washington. Yeah, and now I'm just showing off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clearly. Oklahoma. You've been to Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: Of course, I've been to Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: What did you do it?
Speaker 5: They got horsetails like twenty feet high there, What the hell is a horsetail? You're going to think this is not very white if I tell you about telling me I went wildcrafting in okay O. That does sound because I was studying herbal medicine and they got a lot of wild herbs in Oklahoma, a lot of good stuff, so we were wildcrafting.
Speaker 1: Wait, what is wild? Explain?
Speaker 4: It's like, why when you pick herbs in the.
Speaker 1: Wild, isn't that just called gardening?
Speaker 4: No, that's when you have a garden in your backyard. This is when you.
Speaker 5: Don't have at and you go out in the woods and you pick shit.
Speaker 1: I'm learning so much, like I feel so stupid Sydney right now. I don't know what Sydney. Did you know what that was? Do you see my face? Wild crafting? So you did that in.
Speaker 5: I got college credit for this ship because I went to this freak school called the School.
Speaker 2: This is how white men pass like they got to do ship like this.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, because I was going to fail out of school. Yeah yeah, yeah, No, I should have failed out of school. I should have gotten thrown out of school. Well, a lot of stories I was going.
Speaker 4: To get thrown out and then I got elected class president.
Speaker 1: What were you going to get thrown out for? Yes?
Speaker 5: Because I went to prep school and gree I got the worst grades. Yeah, yeah, I went to this place called Salisbury. It's all it's still all boys school in s.
Speaker 3: Soul Spurer, I'm sorry, Can young man please direct me to sols about it?
Speaker 1: So? What was the uniform?
Speaker 4: Coat? And tie?
Speaker 1: Did you hear that? Coat? Coat and dust? Excuse me?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Can I take your coatly? May I take your coat? Coat is very heavy? So it wasn't a blazer?
Speaker 4: Yes, blazer, but you call it coat.
Speaker 1: We're learning so much? This is so?
Speaker 5: Or you could wear a turtleneck instead of a tie. That was like when you were getting crazy.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen a turtleneck and a tie? Combo? Now I want to do that. Yeah, okay, so turtleneck. What were the pants like? It was like a khaki or.
Speaker 4: Like a yeah, anything except jeans. You couldn't wear jeans.
Speaker 1: You couldn't wear somedim.
Speaker 4: I did you tobacco?
Speaker 1: Which which is weight?
Speaker 4: You're not going to smoke in the room? You got?
Speaker 1: How old were you?
Speaker 4: Ninth grade?
Speaker 1: So like thirteen? Tobacco?
Speaker 3: You just ruining your gums and the ninth grade.
Speaker 1: Can you smile at us so we can see your gums? He got it.
Speaker 3: He got a dentisty clearly obviously didn't It's not I don't fix your gun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true, foolish.
Speaker 3: So you went to Souls Barrow and it was all boys school, all boys school.
Speaker 4: I've been doing all boy day school before that, where I wore a.
Speaker 1: Brown we got day, we got prep. What else?
Speaker 5: I had a brown and white uniform first through fifth grade brown and white little patch on the sweater that said courage, Honor, Truth, awful. But then sixth grade coat and tie six.
Speaker 2: Through so they had you like grown men in the sixth grade. Yes, like you look like you had mortgage and ship on your face.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh you know what school I went to?
Speaker 5: Okay, So the school I went to, you know those like Winklevoss brothers from the Facebook movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they went to Brunswick. That's the school that I went to. Runs yeaheah.
Speaker 1: You gotta be making every coat and yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I was checking this out because my nephew was looking at prep schools.
Speaker 4: He goes to Brooks right now.
Speaker 1: Oh, Brooks, Brooks, Brooks to put it on the back murder.
Speaker 4: Sixty two thousand dollars a year to go to Salisbury? Right now?
Speaker 1: What how how old is he?
Speaker 4: No, No, he doesn't go to Salisbury.
Speaker 5: I'm saying when he was looking at schools, it's the most expensive school in the country right.
Speaker 1: Now, two thousands.
Speaker 3: Well, you can't take I don't know. You gotta have money. You have to go to an interview process.
Speaker 1: This is a prep school.
Speaker 4: Prep school one year sixty.
Speaker 1: Wait, so what is the point of prep school? Yeah? What do you learn to get you ready for high school? Get you ready to rape?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I thought I thought it was like going to college. That's why I went. My sister's like, yeah, you could party all the time. It's like going to college. So that's why I decided to go. And then I get there and it's just they lied to me clearly because I was like, I'm not going to some all boys school.
Speaker 4: You gotta be fucking kidding me, Like, you're crazy.
Speaker 5: If you think of where are the holes at Wait?
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on that you decided you wanted to go to Salisbury as a thirteen year old, Like, yeah, it was your choice.
Speaker 1: You had a choice at how much exactly?
Speaker 3: I didn't The only choice I had was get smacked or just go without getting smacked.
Speaker 1: H So you how much did it cost when you were in ninth grade? Do that much?
Speaker 4: It was just like probably five thousand.
Speaker 1: Just five thousand. You know the school is free? Yeah, public school, It's free as hell.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well I ended up going to public school because I had all this and I was the first person in my family history to ever go to public school.
Speaker 1: Damn you brought you change and changing life right here.
Speaker 5: My mother couldn't tell my grandfather for six months that I went.
Speaker 4: I was going.
Speaker 1: What did your grandfather care? Because did he also go to Salisbury or Brooks?
Speaker 4: Or he went to St. Mark's?
Speaker 1: Did he die right after that? Did you hear that? And was like you killed him? You're horrible? So your nephew is thinking about going.
Speaker 4: Or he's going to Brooks right now?
Speaker 1: And how much does that cost?
Speaker 5: It's not as much as Salisbury, but it's it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: All right, Let's move on. Too much school that you were going to. So you went to all the school and then you still almost failed out.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I was failing out of school.
Speaker 1: What was your grades?
Speaker 5: I was getting like they had letter number grades, which were worse because I was getting a forty five failing a fifty nine. So if you get a forty five, that really pulls it down.
Speaker 1: Dumb as hell.
Speaker 4: No, I just wasn't doing my word.
Speaker 5: Worry aboudy else getting I don't know, eighties nineties, What were you forty five?
Speaker 4: I was pissed.
Speaker 1: He was out there chewing that tobac.
Speaker 4: No I got there. You couldn't drink. See, I was like allowed to drink and smoke at home.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you were thirteen When I was.
Speaker 4: In seventh grade, I smoked cigarettes.
Speaker 1: What was your drink of choice as a thirteen year old? I'll have a nice scotch on the rocks? Can I have an old Fashioned? And then a sidecar? Can I get a Sassarex?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna drink all this in Manhattan? Extra cherries, gin, martini, a gin?
Speaker 1: Where did you have a vesper vest?
Speaker 3: Okay, so you were drinking your mom? You don't remember what you were drinking?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well I would drinking beer, Okay, coming into the city, drink with my dad. He'd be like stock the fridge with beer. This is eighth grade. I had a fake id. Then we go out to dinner, wine, champagne, cocktails, and then he'd be like, here's a hundred bucks, a couple of hundred bucks, go out have fun.
Speaker 4: I had no cur for you.
Speaker 5: I would take my friends to the clubs and drink shots, drink beer whatever.
Speaker 1: In eighth grade. Eighth grade, I'm not, well, you're twelve years old. I had a fake ID does why he's white man? Just be doing anything and everything?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 1: Your dad knew you were twelve?
Speaker 4: Right, and he was like, yeah, I was fourteen.
Speaker 3: Maybe he was so drunk. I didn't remember your age?
Speaker 4: Was it That drinking age is eighteen back then? So they were like, you were.
Speaker 1: Still really far off from eighteen. You're still five years old?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Wait he wanted to be cool.
Speaker 1: Wait what rest of her? Wait? Where were you guys getting done? At the waiter? Was just like where am I dropping this check? And co oh? Now you were Anthony? Did you still have this face? Did you have like an older man's face at fourteen?
Speaker 5: I was six foot two and a half at thirteen, so I looked eighteen.
Speaker 4: I shrunk drunk three quarters of an inch.
Speaker 1: With so you like, I'm not going to do that. Man, when you lose your white privilege. You just get a little shorter. That's it. No, it's not.
Speaker 3: He still has She's just you know, just you know, he's not drinking enough milk.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 3: Bones were like, okay, so you were drinking with your dad.
Speaker 1: You're drinking with your mom.
Speaker 4: Just smoking cigarettes with my mom. Didn't drink with her?
Speaker 1: Oh your mom she had she was a yeah, she was a smoker.
Speaker 4: She was like, you as well do it in front of me.
Speaker 1: So you guys were just like, she'd can you let me up? And you guys would like, bun cigarettes?
Speaker 4: Is that what happened?
Speaker 5: I was like, mom, can you do a smoke ring? She's like she tried and she couldn't. I was like, I can do a smoke ring.
Speaker 2: She goes, yeah, right, Oh, like in Alice in Wonderland when they make that the circles the caterpillar.
Speaker 5: So she gives me a drag of cigarette and I go and I popped. One goes all the way across the kitchen like its an, goes around her nose and uh. And she's like, all right, here's a pack of cigarettes.
Speaker 4: What does it Yep?
Speaker 1: That was the test. That was the true test.
Speaker 5: No, She's like you're obviously already smoking, so you don't. I don't want you to hide it from me.
Speaker 3: I would still want you to hide it from me because I know you'd be smoking less cigarettes.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: So yeah, and I quit by the eighth grade. See that's the stereotype.
Speaker 2: That's why you have to do it early so you can like make it a happen.
Speaker 1: He started, he started early enough.
Speaker 5: I'm essential like, you know, yeah, white kid quit doing coke in the tenth grade.
Speaker 4: You know that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: When did you start doing cocaine?
Speaker 4: Ninth grade?
Speaker 5: Actually, first time was eighth grade at Xenon's the club.
Speaker 1: It was like, what is going on? I mean, how are you still alive right now? Are you you done?
Speaker 3: You done started things and then retired before other people started those things. Yeah wow, Okay, so what happened? You get you get back to public school and then where you know where?
Speaker 1: What happens after that?
Speaker 5: Okay, then my mom goes to Africa. I'm in school, I got my own house. We want yourself at my own house.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, White, why did your mom go to Africa?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: Because I went to boarding school. My sister was at boarding school. It was like us going to college. So she's like, well, what am I going to do with my life? So she takes off, she goes to Africa. Then I come back and she's like, well.
Speaker 4: I like Africa, and she's still she kept going and she's still there right now.
Speaker 1: She wants that dick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so she still isn't Africa?
Speaker 1: Well was she saving something? She was she feeding the children? What was she doing?
Speaker 4: You don't just go to Amazon Safari?
Speaker 5: And then she met some dude who was like, you should come to South Africa, that is, and then she.
Speaker 3: Did, see dick will make you renounce good good in Africa. Good dick will make you renown.
Speaker 4: He was German.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the bullshit?
Speaker 3: You're gonna go to a going to get some more white dick something here that they're in South Africa?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, but before I went over there before apart tight end.
Speaker 1: Weird.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, if I was a white man, I was like, wait, you can't get no dick here in America.
Speaker 1: You got to go all the way to South Africa. But he but it's German, dicto, it's European. There's German dick and America.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, well, I just talked to my mom the other day. She says she hadn't been laid in fifteen years. So apparently that German dick ain't doing so good.
Speaker 1: That German dick is on height.
Speaker 3: Mother, I mean, mother may smoke cigarettes with your mom, and so of course you're talking about dining with your mom.
Speaker 5: Obviously he hasn't been laid in fifteen years. Oh and then, oh, wait till you hear this one. Then she tells me, she's like, you know, uh, your father was the best I ever had. And she goes, and don't think I didn't have a lot of people, because between my first and my second husband, I slept with about twenty guys.
Speaker 1: I was like, Mom, what was the time spa.
Speaker 4: That was between fifth grade and like tenth grade for me or something?
Speaker 1: Twenty people over sharing?
Speaker 2: Y'all are some over sharing motherfuckers, because like, who is who is saying all that?
Speaker 1: My mother? I've never even said the word dick in the same ever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my mom told me in eighth grade her boyfriend was impotent.
Speaker 3: Well that's a word that you had to go look up. She wanted you learn that word. Yeah, I hear that.
Speaker 1: My mother didn't even say so. She was like, you're doing Mom.
Speaker 5: Told me to do it on the hard floor. She goes like, you want to do it right? You do it on a hard floor. You can get deep, get.
Speaker 4: In there deep.
Speaker 1: Your mother said that.
Speaker 4: That's what she told me.
Speaker 1: Is your mother's name Barbara? I feel like, what is Barbara?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's your mom's name?
Speaker 4: Kathy?
Speaker 1: Kathy? Kathy? Is it Kathleen?
Speaker 4: Kathy?
Speaker 1: It's just Kathy? And you call it by her first name?
Speaker 2: No, okay, you got so wait y'all were smoking and ship, but you can't call it by her first name.
Speaker 1: Come on now, you couldn't be cath. Can you make me a grilled cheese?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 1: Cat? Can I have an express?
Speaker 5: I was not allowed to call her mother. That was like the one thing I couldn't call her mother.
Speaker 3: You couldn't call her mother, call her mother? Does your mom wear pearls and like white?
Speaker 1: In my mom? Your mom only wears like white linen.
Speaker 5: Now, see, this is this is what you gotta understand about my mom. She's old money. So they dressed down like she shops at kmart.
Speaker 1: And ship in South Africa.
Speaker 4: Wool worst over there, wool worst.
Speaker 3: You brought it back right there.
Speaker 1: They don't even have those.
Speaker 4: They have it there, They're done, They've got it.
Speaker 3: They just got them Dan, they got it madly. So she dresses down. Kathy dresses down, but she's old money. Where's Kathy's money coming from?
Speaker 1: Does she? I mean, she don't sound like she worked work.
Speaker 4: What you're talking about? Where's Kathy's well?
Speaker 5: I don't know how you say it. My mom's like a sixth generation millionaire.
Speaker 1: That's so far down the line, like how much.
Speaker 5: It's like your great she's from Okay, Uh you know Delancey Street, Lower east Side. Yeah, that was my family's property. They owned the entire Lower east Side. They had a farm there Delancey.
Speaker 1: What ye're we talking about here.
Speaker 4: Is this is before the revolution, So that's.
Speaker 1: So far like that, don't even care.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's goes so far back that they were basically British, yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Know, even though they were like they were French.
Speaker 5: But then they went to England and then they came to America and uh yeah, they owned the Lower east Side and then the revolution came, they got kicked out, had to go to Canada.
Speaker 2: And the well, it only costs like two cents to own like that area at that time, so that doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so where's where's the money coming from?
Speaker 4: Banks? Banking?
Speaker 3: Okay, see, that's that's what we want. We want to banking. You got like like Carnegie money.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: My great grandfather was JP Morgan's best friend, you know JP Morgan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the dude who takes all the money out my account if I don't have enough money in it.
Speaker 1: That dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was my grandfather, great grandfather's best friend. But it was his father that made just ship tons of money. And then before and then one of them was married to like a Vanderbilt.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, so you're like kind of related to Anderson Cooper.
Speaker 3: His mom is Gloria Vanderbilt or more white Fax right there. I just want you to you to know that I did my research school clearly.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, so your mom she don't work. So a day in the life of Kathy before she went to South Africa was get into it right now? Yeah, I just Kathy wakes up around what time she's old money though, Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 5: My mom wakes up, she throws on her bathrobe, smokes a cigarette, drives me to school in her Ford Pinto, which if.
Speaker 4: You remember those, those are the ones that used to blow up.
Speaker 1: Oh, Kathy gets no damp And it.
Speaker 5: Wasn't even a Pinto, it was the knockoff version. It was a Mercury Bobcat. So my mom is My mom is driving me to school in her bathroom, smoking cigarettes, no makeup on, hair crazy, And my friends are like, what's up with your mom? Their moms are they got mink coats on, they're driving Mercedes, or they got their cha.
Speaker 3: Doing it right though, because real money gives no dam about everybody else, right, that's so funy. New money wants you to be like, oh is that mink yes? Is that endangered chinchilla?
Speaker 1: Yes? But like Kathy in little Mercury, probably making mad noise coming down the street.
Speaker 2: My mother used to dress exactly like that. So my mom had a lot of things in common with Kathy except no money.
Speaker 1: Ramona had no coins. My mom. Yeah, she shops at Kmart. That's the only thing she does in common with Ramona.
Speaker 2: Love a bathrobe like no matter what bathrobe eoo Like.
Speaker 1: She don't even have the sand hot Yeah, she don't even have that. She just have it wide open.
Speaker 3: You're like, mom, I can see your titties come on and like that, like she don't care at all.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's just like black moms though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like my brother would be like, Mom, James's hair like you have on like just the skirt like right up to like you, like, what do you do?
Speaker 1: She'd be like.
Speaker 3: Get throat shirt at her with Kathy like that, or she would just she was a little more.
Speaker 4: She was way worse. My mother used to do these exercises without underwear on.
Speaker 1: No Kathy, yeah Kathy.
Speaker 3: Yet.
Speaker 4: I will be watching TV. Look over.
Speaker 5: My mom's doing these exercises and she's doing these leg lifts from the side like this, and.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, mom, come on, put that shit away.
Speaker 1: She didn't have pants.
Speaker 4: She had she used to flash.
Speaker 5: She would flash me not realizing it, and I was like, that's disgusting.
Speaker 1: When people put that away. She would do it in just the rope.
Speaker 5: No she was this was now she's just sitting in her room, uh, with a shirt on, no underwear or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It was gross.
Speaker 3: If I'm at my house, there's no reason to have panties on, right, that's just a waste of panties. I think that there's house panties and then there's.
Speaker 1: No there's no such thing as a house panties.
Speaker 3: Just I'm just not gonna put them on him in my house if the shirt is long enough, and I know my roommate's not coming home.
Speaker 1: No pants Sundays only.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I thought we were poor growing up because, uh.
Speaker 1: Because you only had six bathrooms.
Speaker 4: But yeah, we had five bedrooms. We had a pool in ground pool one egg girl lan for Greenwich.
Speaker 5: That was nothing. People were like making fun of me because of my house. They were like, and I used to get a ride from the milkman to school me how.
Speaker 1: Old are you with the milkman? Were like the poorest person in Greenwich.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my friends were like it was ridiculous. They have chauffeurs, They had elevators in their houses and you.
Speaker 1: Use your stairs like regular people. How did you feel?
Speaker 3: How did that make you feel going to someone else's home that had an elevator in it and you're like, I'm supposed.
Speaker 1: To be rich, what is this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: It was weird, but I like the people that had all the fun shit to play with was the richest.
Speaker 3: The richest friend that you had, Like, do you remember who was like the person with the most or the nicest house.
Speaker 1: Do you remember what that was like?
Speaker 5: Uh, this one friend of mine, his father was chairman of the board of PEPSI. So he had like mini bikes, go karts, elevator in the house. He had like a soda machine in the hallway. You just like push a button.
Speaker 1: And just giving them kids down the toys he had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy. Indoor pool. That was pretty bad ass indoor pool.
Speaker 1: Oh, liking curl into yes, yes, yes. What was his mom like? What was that dude's mom like? Or was like his step mom because those dues stay.
Speaker 4: Married for Yeah, I just remember their nanny. She was the one that she was there.
Speaker 1: Of course she wasn't she was busy.
Speaker 3: Then nanny was chill as she was getting bowtops. So so you didn't have a nanny.
Speaker 4: I sort of did in the summertime. She was great.
Speaker 1: Actually, what's your name? What was your nanny's name?
Speaker 4: Anna?
Speaker 5: And she was Hungarian Upper east Side. My grandparents lived on the Upper east Side, so we would stay with them in the Hampton's in the summertime. So Anna would look after me and uh, and I needed her looking after me because my sister tried to kill me like all the time.
Speaker 1: Well yes, like for real killing like fake.
Speaker 4: Like pennies to eat like I was. I was her piggy bank.
Speaker 1: What was your name?
Speaker 4: Cammy?
Speaker 1: Shame on Cammy.
Speaker 4: She tried to drown me.
Speaker 3: You ain't ship, You ain't ship, cam Cam.
Speaker 1: Where's cam Cam? Now?
Speaker 4: West Chester?
Speaker 1: Of course she is.
Speaker 3: I mean that's where you that's where you go to prosper That's like Greenwich Junior.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, wow, she's living the you know, pressure lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's tell us how you ended up back in New York. So you went to school, you studied.
Speaker 5: Herbal Okay, So I should have failed out of school, but I went to the community learning program at Greenwich High.
Speaker 2: Which is like the community It's like saying, like, we know you're not going to do any work, but if you say.
Speaker 4: Your alternative school, yeah yeah, we'll give you a degree.
Speaker 5: So I did that and was I told you about? I was like a drug dealer in high school. I was selling weed in high school. I'd show up to school my backpack full of weed and I would sell that and then I would fly out to the West Coast and go to all these shows out there.
Speaker 4: And what kind of shows, Well, this is kind of embarrassing. I don't like to admit this, which shows.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, Like I had a grateful dead fetish for a little bit, so I used to follow the dead.
Speaker 1: I've heard of that, but I've.
Speaker 5: Never Yeah, but it's like people make like all the punk rock kids like would make funny because it's like Jerry and Beard.
Speaker 4: I had a beard in.
Speaker 1: High school like that, like down to the air like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I let it grow out pretty bad.
Speaker 3: Damn you looked like you were super old. Yeah, long before you were super old.
Speaker 5: Yes, But I went to this alternative school called Evergreen that had no grades.
Speaker 3: Evergreen sounds like they wouldn't have any grades.
Speaker 5: It's a state college, but there's no grades written evaluations instead. So like, what if you don't like your teacher, Like, well, you know, he had his shoe game was fucked up?
Speaker 1: What kind of shoes he's got his?
Speaker 4: Like he's like a Wallabies.
Speaker 1: Or some shit like that. Wallaby Come on, professor, Wow, So how did you I feel?
Speaker 3: Like, what's the craziest No, that's not what I want to ask you. I want to ask you, Sydney. I need to I don't want to say, what's the whitest thing you've ever done?
Speaker 1: But like, no, we're not there yet.
Speaker 3: We're not still trying to We're trying to get to where you are now in your life. Okay, right, so you're where you are now in your life? Where do you live now?
Speaker 5: I live in Brooklyn, Williamsburg, Brooklyn, Yes, such a grade years, such a downgrade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not Westchester? No or granted, nothing on Delancey was available? Yeah, what happened? Why don't you live on the lyrics?
Speaker 4: Can even afford the studio on Delancey?
Speaker 1: What does the studio? And Delanza calls?
Speaker 2: Even though I feel like you lying, Yeah, I feel like you're being real modest right now?
Speaker 1: So you can afford all the studios on the land. We're not gonna rob you. Tell the truth. How much is the studio and de Lancey goes?
Speaker 4: I don't know, probably like sixteen two thousand.
Speaker 1: Oh that's doable. You can't do it.
Speaker 2: I had eighteen hundred dollars. I had a eighteen hundred dollars rent, like about the.
Speaker 1: Studio, and you weren't paying that whole rent by yourself.
Speaker 2: I was paying at first by myself nineteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Yeah, in Harlem too.
Speaker 2: In Harlem, no, no, no, but backyard a washer and dryer because it was a brown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a brownstone. I don't know it was a brownstone.
Speaker 3: You didn't tell me that when you were telling me the story about you raggedy ass place in Harlem.
Speaker 2: It sounds it was never raggedy, miss ting. It was never raggedy. It was just my raggedy ass was up in there.
Speaker 1: You left a washer and dryer. I sure did.
Speaker 3: To move to a place where you have to walk your laundry down a flight of stairs and drag an old lady cart. You have similar lives right now. I had it all, and then I'm just now, I'm just all all?
Speaker 1: Was the washerroo?
Speaker 3: I had it all?
Speaker 1: Do you have a washer dryer? Where do you washing?
Speaker 4: Three blocks away? And you dropped drop it myself. I don't pay for the delivery.
Speaker 1: People pay them to wash it for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's like two dollars more than doing it myself because the really really cheap.
Speaker 4: Serious Yeah, and we got along really good. Do you want to jump over?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: So much happening right now? Are we paused?
Speaker 3: So that's something that I feel like people do now a lot is like they don't pay, like they don't do their own laundry.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well I just started doing this because before I needed my laundry back the same day because I would only.
Speaker 4: Have one set of sheets, so if I didn't get it back.
Speaker 1: That day, might only have one set of sheets.
Speaker 5: Well, but then I found that I had a couple other sheet sets, but I didn't realize I had them. I do not know, because you get presents for Christmas and you just throw them up in a closet and you forget.
Speaker 3: What's the craziest Christmas gift? The nicest Christmas gift you've ever received. It doesn't have to be like super expensive, It just like the nicest like something.
Speaker 4: Oh, this is real alright. My mom took me to Jamaica last year. Oh it's nice.
Speaker 1: Where else where else have you traveled with Jermome?
Speaker 4: Oh man, She used to take us everywhere. This is kind of interesting.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: We went to Egypt, to Morocco and Spain. We went to the Galapagos Islands.
Speaker 1: I don't even know where that is.
Speaker 4: It's off of Ecuador. It's amazing.
Speaker 5: And she tried to take us to Antarctica when I was in sixth grade, but my school wouldn't let me out because it was after Christmas and I would have had to miss two weeks. It was the first cruise to Antarctica ever. My mom was on top of it. She's like, we're going and my school wouldn't let me go.
Speaker 1: Couldn't your mom just be like, if that, we don't. He's after so we're taking him now.
Speaker 5: This is the reason that my mom used to get lonely on Christmas because I'd be in the city on Christmas Eve with my dad and then she'd be all by herself. We wouldn't get out there until like noon on Christmas. So what she did she started taking us away for Christmas so she would not have to be alone. So she would take us to Egypt.
Speaker 1: So your mom takes you guys away for Christmas every.
Speaker 5: Year now she takes us away for Christmas just so we can all get together with my sister's family.
Speaker 3: And yeah, wow, and your dad is what, he's out here just like hanging out with like a young twenty.
Speaker 4: Something now his partner. She's like a little bit younger, but they're in the same age range. Mmmm, she's like maybe five years younger. Max.
Speaker 3: Okay, I feel like that's doable now as a white man. Uh, we're talking.
Speaker 1: About partners and stuff like that. What do you who? Do you have a girlfriend? Wow?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 1: Have you been married? You've never been married?
Speaker 4: Married? Now?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 4: No, I got an engagement ring though. You want to get married?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: How did that happen? So you just have you're.
Speaker 4: It's in a safety deposit box, of course it is.
Speaker 1: You have a safety deposit box. Did you have a safe deposit Oh?
Speaker 4: You know what I got? You want to know what I got in there?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 4: Is gold?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Silver?
Speaker 1: Like blocks of gold? No?
Speaker 4: I gave the ruby away.
Speaker 1: We give a ruby?
Speaker 4: Diamonds worth?
Speaker 1: These passed down? Are they?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, all all of us was passed down?
Speaker 3: Does your sister have a safe deposit box too? And they both have like the same amount of diamonds and.
Speaker 1: Stuff in it?
Speaker 4: My sister's got a lot more than I got. Oh damn, I kind of I didn't get the full deal on that.
Speaker 1: Are there any emeralds in the box?
Speaker 4: Not my box?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 3: That's wild city. Do you know anybody would have saved deposit box?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my family had one girl. Bye. They family had a safe deposit box. They did what was in your.
Speaker 2: Safety deposit box bonds, and then what happened to the bonds, Well, people started dying. They had to take the bonds out to pay for people's funerals and whatnot.
Speaker 1: And then actually.
Speaker 2: Fucked up in school and they had to pay like seventeen thousand dollars for me to continue college.
Speaker 1: And then you dropped out. They yeah, they.
Speaker 3: Cashed the bonds and yeah, wow, that's why Ramona is so mad at me.
Speaker 1: They had to pay for you to finish school, and then you didn't finish school. Girl, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Me and me and Anthony are very similar, I hear it, except Anthony's family they still got stuff in their safety deposit box.
Speaker 1: Yeah that much.
Speaker 3: And then when you say not that much, it sounds like there's still diamonds and rubies and gold and silver in it though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, that stuff goes quick.
Speaker 1: What do you mean quick?
Speaker 4: Are you guys you're living off of it?
Speaker 1: Are you living off this box?
Speaker 4: No? But I might have to soon.
Speaker 1: Wow, you did? You made some bad investment choices.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't suck up the market fucked up.
Speaker 5: That's not my es I was set for life, but the Wall Street pulled some bullshit.
Speaker 4: Yeah and uh, and now I'm not set for life.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Anthony, let me tell you. Let me ask you, like, what do you so? What do you like?
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 3: Like you were on track to be like a doctor or something, or like a lawyer, and then you decide you want to do something else or.
Speaker 4: You I was on track for anything. I mean, I guess my family.
Speaker 3: I was just living, you know, like I'm just here existing aimlessly, here in on planet Earth, just alive.
Speaker 5: My parents had no input in my life at all. It was like, you're on your own, kid, here's some money.
Speaker 3: Just go do some When you say some money, Like when you say some money to me, my family be like, find it, Alice, go figure it out.
Speaker 1: Some money for you. Was it was a whole box full of diamonds? Was a box full of diamonds? How much was it worth? I'm not allowed.
Speaker 5: To discuss the details over when I was Okay, you want to.
Speaker 1: Know that, Okay?
Speaker 2: Was it like that Titanic diamond or the whole Jacob the jeweler type jewels?
Speaker 1: No, this is these are old studes. Listen him Jacob is old Money as well. It's Jacob old Money. No, okay, I didn't think he was reads Rockefeller money.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you like Rockefeller like jay Z yeah a yes, yes.
Speaker 1: The rock is here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I was a millionaire like twenty Anthony just.
Speaker 1: Makes me sad. What kind of music do you listen to?
Speaker 4: All kinds of music?
Speaker 1: Well, like what's in your playlist right now? Like what are you are you jam into?
Speaker 5: It's gonna it's gonna not represent the right way.
Speaker 4: Like a lot of indie rock.
Speaker 3: Pull your phone and let me see the last song.
Speaker 4: That you embarrassing. It's gonna be a rock good for pussy's playlist.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, you have a Samsung.
Speaker 2: I just want everybody to e it's got his Galaxy the upgrade.
Speaker 4: The only reason why I got this was because I somebody talked me into.
Speaker 1: Somebody, some some woman named Florence. Did you say a dumb dumb?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: She made me get it. A woman didn't like my flip.
Speaker 3: Dumb matrix told you to get a Samsung and you got it.
Speaker 1: Is her number still in the phone? All right? Then? Like what know they were allowed to do?
Speaker 3: She wanted you to downgrade like, what was okay?
Speaker 4: Recently played Desmond Decker.
Speaker 1: Let's play? Can you play?
Speaker 3: Put it on the mic so we can hear what that want to hear because I don't know what that is?
Speaker 1: Sounds awful? Might put it on like.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to catch the beat and yeah, it's a lot of neck movie.
Speaker 1: Look, Salisbury is coming down. M M is this new?
Speaker 4: You can't make fun of this when I tell you what is?
Speaker 1: This? Sounds like a white man's soundtrack. It sounds like white dudes music. I don't know who this thing?
Speaker 4: Original Scot.
Speaker 1: Original Scott, I don't know Scott.
Speaker 4: Scott music, reggae Scott, you don't know.
Speaker 1: I know reggae. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Scott like the white version of reggae.
Speaker 4: Well, Desmond, it was like the original is he Jamaica?
Speaker 1: Is he white?
Speaker 4: He's not white? What is he? He's from Jamaica? He's a black man?
Speaker 1: I mean, I need to see a yah, pull it up? Who is we could turn that off? All right? Oh yeah he's black. Let me see he's black? Six see you know black man? What is he wearing a beret? It looks like he's wearing a beret. And then like a shift around his neck.
Speaker 2: He has the fringes on his on his jacket that is white like on the sleeve the fringes.
Speaker 3: Wow, we learned something new. You knew about a black man from a white man today. And then do you have any like what's your circle of friends?
Speaker 1: Like, like who are you cool with like today in twenty sixteen, and what are their like first names? Yeah, give us your favor.
Speaker 4: Start with the guy sleeping on my couch.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll take that. Who's sleeping on your couch?
Speaker 3: I wasn't ready for that, you got. I was not ready for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, our friend.
Speaker 4: For months.
Speaker 3: You were supposed to put his old government whole name. Now we probably have to bleep that out.
Speaker 2: We just have that's that's they don't know who we're talking about. We got a whole what if he don't want nobody to know that he's sleeping on your couch?
Speaker 1: Don't have no boundaries, no secret nothing. I don't want anybody to.
Speaker 5: He's so gay that makes me look I can't even tell my like my roommate, I'm like you so.
Speaker 1: Flippity floppity, like what I can't believe? And I knew that's why I was. I didn't. I didn't know. I didn't know.
Speaker 5: That it's funny though. No, my parents, I'm pretty sure my dad thinks I'm gay. But but why fine, So it's cool because I haven't been married, I don't.
Speaker 4: Have any kids, roommate. Come on, I can't tell you, but you're not allowed to.
Speaker 1: Why are you not?
Speaker 4: Because you get fired from comedy once you get a certain.
Speaker 1: Age, Anthony, I don't think.
Speaker 4: That you can't. Even if you're a screenwriter, they fire you at I already.
Speaker 3: Think you are Anthony as a white man. I don't think that applies to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're Yeah, this is a set up.
Speaker 4: I love a good setup.
Speaker 3: No, you're exempt. It doesn't matter how old a white man is doing anything.
Speaker 1: First of all, y'all come out the womb. Look.
Speaker 4: Don't tell any about how young I look right now, though.
Speaker 1: Listen, we're gonna take a picture. We're gonna take a picture.
Speaker 2: Like I said, when white men come out the womb, they look about thirty five.
Speaker 4: So you guys look older babies.
Speaker 3: That's why you were able to drink and all the other they were like, he's a grown man, his grown but he's not gonna pick up the check from this other man, isn't ye.
Speaker 1: No, that's not what I was going to say.
Speaker 3: I was going to say that as a white man, like you're allowed to be as old as dirt, and then they still catch you in movies with like a young ass.
Speaker 1: Wife, right, like a Jennifer Lawrence.
Speaker 3: You're like in your fifties and like every show, every everything that you do, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Can Louis k look at Jim Gaffigan. They don't have to look at Homer.
Speaker 3: They made before Homer Simpson. Okay, Barge is way too fine for him.
Speaker 4: You guys know you'll make it before me. You know that.
Speaker 5: Well, you guys got like the best brand going. See look at that smiles he knows.
Speaker 4: Look at that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna play the fifth. I'm actually not liberty to discuss that.
Speaker 3: I'm looking over my contract right now and I just can't. My attorney, Well, we have an attorney.
Speaker 1: We have an attorney, Yes, we do. Shout out to her attorney at Slow and Sloan Sloan.
Speaker 3: Hirsh Wish, hirsh Wish, hirsh Wish.
Speaker 1: At JP Morgan Chase and uh wait, what who's Chase? It's JP Morgan. And then where's the chase coming?
Speaker 4: That's a new thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who does nigga chase?
Speaker 4: Who is that was a merger?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 4: Also you know this is like the best Manhattan bank and now it's.
Speaker 1: Just h and then you know you know what it was? Okay? So who else? Who else? Your what are some of your friends? First names? I want to hear like a skip, like a oh my.
Speaker 4: Best friend James James Snow, white guy.
Speaker 1: Like John Snow. But that don't sound like a real name.
Speaker 4: That's like that, like that is his name?
Speaker 1: He read it from the law. He run it from somebody that's not in his birth certificate, that's not English.
Speaker 3: Mmmm.
Speaker 1: And then he's here in the States now, Yeah he won it from something. James still my ass a? Next next friend?
Speaker 4: All right? So best friend? Who's local? Okay? Chus K Spencer?
Speaker 1: Are these just your ethnic friends? Yeah?
Speaker 4: He's Native American?
Speaker 1: Of course he is. You have a Native American friend? Because bless you? How how did you do that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I know him from the neighbor Williamsburg. He's in the Twilight movies.
Speaker 1: I've never seen anything.
Speaker 4: He play Sam? Yeah, I play Sam.
Speaker 1: He shout out to Sam, I guess.
Speaker 5: On the orbit gum one time, a pack of orbit gum. I was like, that was my friend.
Speaker 1: Sounds like he's doing really well. Is he doing well?
Speaker 4: He wasn't for a while because that series ended.
Speaker 1: A while, because that's how it works for ethnic people. The only one.
Speaker 4: He just got a new gig.
Speaker 1: We got to start from the bottom, a new gig.
Speaker 3: So, Anthony, what, what's a common misconception that people have about white dudes? But what is something that like you hear people saying, You're like, that's that's wrong.
Speaker 1: Oh? Nothing, everything is everything right.
Speaker 5: You're probably pretty one on but see not But not for me though, because my life was kind of weird and different.
Speaker 1: You're weird different from a regular white man.
Speaker 3: How give me two things that make your life weird and different than like a regular.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, okay, so I didn't have a There were no fraternities at the school I went to.
Speaker 4: Man there was like no rape on campus.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, you think only frat dudes rape people. Hockey team's rape.
Speaker 4: There was no sports. There's no organized.
Speaker 5: Sports, schools, schools, there was no organized Okay, so there were no sports. There was a boomerang team in my college, there was a nude beach on campus and you.
Speaker 3: Could go see your professors like they weren't there. There was a new Okay, it doesn't sound like you were in a school.
Speaker 4: It was a school.
Speaker 3: There were no grades, there were no uh sports teams, and there were no know what.
Speaker 4: The school mascot was a guy duck clam.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what that sounds disgusting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the that's a guy duck there, bros.
Speaker 4: I wanted La Bernadine last years. Bernard's in best restaurant in New York City.
Speaker 1: Can we talk about this place?
Speaker 4: Yea, we should get some stuff. Well, we should go, right, it's like prefixed one hundred and twenty five bucks or something, which is amazing, and it's got.
Speaker 1: It's amazing because that like cheap, cheapest per person.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then okay, and you guys heard that here on the official experts.
Speaker 1: When don't you have a person prefixes cheap? Uh so? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And he said and he said, will go, meaning Anthony will pay.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not cheap for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't ask you to pay.
Speaker 3: Look at that, that's what gentleman, Anthony.
Speaker 1: How are you still single? Yeah?
Speaker 3: How what what are you doing wrong to these ladies that they're not staying or you just attracted to light to.
Speaker 4: Be crazy, like there's something wrong with you.
Speaker 1: No, are you just attracted to like crazy women who don't want to settle down?
Speaker 4: Uh? You want to know the last girl?
Speaker 1: They're dumbs, that's the issue.
Speaker 5: No, No, it's not that. Okay, I dated Uh the last girl I was dating was a stripper, but that was probably why that was unusual for me though.
Speaker 4: She told me she worked at a juice store.
Speaker 1: The shoe store.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then I'm like, wait a second, the juice of store. And then I'm like, wait a second. You live in Soho by yourself. You have fake breasts.
Speaker 4: Ship is.
Speaker 1: A minute. Let's talk about these fakes.
Speaker 2: Are you saying somebody who got baked titties can't like work.
Speaker 4: At a juice bar. Yeah, you can, but you're gonna live by yourself and Soho.
Speaker 3: Wearing So I mean, maybe maybe she's doing over time, Maybe she's selling juice on the side.
Speaker 4: She's said she strip she's doing.
Speaker 5: She gave me a lap dand so hard that the bartender came at a dive bar was like, knock it off.
Speaker 4: Guys, and I was like, here's a stripperl.
Speaker 1: That bartender was hate that bartender was man because she had done that to him last Thursday.
Speaker 4: Yeah it was bartender.
Speaker 1: The hate was real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, female, you can't Cherry Tavern Okay, real recognize real?
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, So I am So she was a stripper.
Speaker 1: What did you meet this strip air?
Speaker 4: I met her on okay, Cuban.
Speaker 1: Strippers Okay in the head like own apartments. And so it's hard out here for everybody.
Speaker 2: The might they might be looking for other clients, you know, that might just be like the front.
Speaker 1: So did you guys date or did you guys know?
Speaker 4: We date? We dated? It was hot for.
Speaker 3: Like now when you say date, what do you mean on the first date?
Speaker 1: Marie just knocked the whole shit over.
Speaker 5: She's like, wait what And I had just got my test results back and I fucked it up because I didn't use a condom.
Speaker 4: So now I'm kind of pissed.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Wait, anal sex on the first night and then you got your results and then you were like, yes.
Speaker 5: I had just got my test results, So how did I celebrate it with unprotected anal sex?
Speaker 1: Anybody who' letting you put it in there.
Speaker 5: But the first time, I know, I know, I know, did you that?
Speaker 2: I feel like that's like the top five things white men do. Yeah, they're like I'm gonna put in your ass on the first night, like, don't give no fucks. Like I I hooked up with Italian dude and that was the first thing he tried to do was put it in my ass. And I was like, hold on, I know you wearing Creed cologne, just like that's like two hundred and fifty dollars a bottle. But no, like what's won't you?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Creed cologne?
Speaker 2: So while me addressed from Zara, so I was like, Zara does not equal anal. No, the math is off the Creed and the Zara combined that still don't know where did you know?
Speaker 1: You don't get anal? What's so? What happened? You've jumped up and left or did you stay? I was like that's not happening, and he's like, live a little, live a little, a little. I want to be able to sit a little, okay. And I was in his apartment in Soho.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe their roommates and no, but it was like an old like is it pre war apartment. I was like, I'm not gonna do anal and this this is dusty, pared to like where I should be doing anal. This is not No, it should be Yeah. But the old buildings like they have like character. I don't funk about a character. I want brand new wood, I want brand new walls.
Speaker 3: I want nice countertops. Nah, you can renovate a pre.
Speaker 1: War It wasn't renovated. If it was renovated, would you let them put it in your butt? Everything was off the hinges.
Speaker 3: There was dust places that shouldn't be dusty.
Speaker 1: I want new toilet seats. Nah, Yo, where did you meet this apartment? The building was probably worth still like good money. Where the money at? I didn't see the money in the apartment. It was on the tip of his dick. He's trying to put it into your butt. That's where he was trying to give me the jewels on the tip of that No, they're in his safety deposit box. Now listen.
Speaker 3: And his couch. I was like, what kind of fabric is this your couch?
Speaker 1: It wasnt it was?
Speaker 3: It felt worse than I kid. It was like rentas center.
Speaker 2: No, you may not do anal on this Renaiscenter, ass fucking sofa.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you guys walked into the house through the four yer and then he threw you on the couch and try to put there was no four year either. I was like, you're not doing an You ain't got a don't pronounce for yeah, for my uh as, I like foyer better.
Speaker 1: So you have a foyer, but you ain't.
Speaker 4: That's where sleeping.
Speaker 1: And again.
Speaker 3: He's sleeping in the other hallway, Like that's the four is the hallway to the apartment, like you you're not even in the apartment yet. It's just a long hallway to get inside.
Speaker 1: How does that work?
Speaker 3: You got some people some people put like little couches or like a little bitch.
Speaker 4: Oh I step over him in the morning, and so does the strip.
Speaker 1: That probably makes you feel really good. I was as a white man and stepping over brown man. That's a number one. That's top two things.
Speaker 3: As white man is stepping over brown people.
Speaker 1: Yo, excuse me, pardon me, Anthony. We have a couple of questions for you. We want to test your knowledge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to test you to make sure you are the unofficial white guy experts.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm a white guy expert.
Speaker 2: So she's gonna hit you with some questions. We're gonna find out.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been to a horse turby? Yes?
Speaker 4: I was supposed to know.
Speaker 1: Okay, what kind of shoes?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: Does one wear to a horse? Jersey?
Speaker 4: Uh? Wingtips?
Speaker 1: I don't know that sounded right? That sounded really good.
Speaker 4: Come on, your suckers.
Speaker 2: That is he's right on the head. You get extra points for that.
Speaker 1: That's who that's the bonus right there. Okay? Uh?
Speaker 2: How would you cat call a young lady? I don't care call no, no, no, don't as a white man. How would a white man.
Speaker 3: Somebody passed you on the street and you're like, oh, I need to speak with her?
Speaker 1: How don't give him any hints? Hurry? How do you go about that? Like?
Speaker 5: You mean, like do I stop? How do I stop her on the street? Yes, you can't stop somebody, But how would I? How would I stop.
Speaker 1: Somebody?
Speaker 3: Don't try to act like white men don't cat call? They do?
Speaker 1: You guys do do that to me all the time.
Speaker 3: Think about it, dude, dude, dude, I love you.
Speaker 4: I want to have your baby. That's all.
Speaker 1: Like some niggas and said that before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you want a man, Well, you ugly?
Speaker 1: What what? What? What would the greeting be up top? What's the first thing?
Speaker 5: Hello, I would like to meet you. My name is Anthony. That's how I would do it. I would like to meet you. My name is Anthony. There it is.
Speaker 4: That's all I would ever do.
Speaker 1: Okay, Anthony? This is this is why white men are failing. A cat calling. That's why we don't even that was a cat call?
Speaker 3: Nah, It's like, would you be touching her elbow while you were saying.
Speaker 4: That small of her bank was raised by women?
Speaker 1: Come on, it sounds like you raised yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you were raised by your dad's fully stocked fridge.
Speaker 1: Here, finish this sentence. Do you know who my blank is?
Speaker 4: Well, that's a setup.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying you know who my blank is.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it.
Speaker 1: Just what word goes right there?
Speaker 4: I just put the word in your head, is what I just did.
Speaker 1: You can answer that.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying it.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, why what do you think goes in what I just said?
Speaker 5: You guys, we all know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Do you know who my blank? My blank is? Do you know who my blank is?
Speaker 4: Yeah? You know who my account is, Oh my god, we were my father?
Speaker 1: Do you know who my dad is? Anthony, You're terrible. That is that is a whiter response than what we were.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because no one about your aunt who has an accountant except for a white man, or they could be like, call my lawyer, call my lawyer.
Speaker 1: He said, I'm not answering that. What did you think?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Anthony, I thought you didn't tell me this was me being a white guy.
Speaker 4: I thought you were asking me a different question.
Speaker 1: You're a white guy, so your response is supposed.
Speaker 4: To be asking yeah, but when you said, read the question again.
Speaker 1: Do you know who my blank is?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I thought you were setting me up because it's like, yo, you know who my who's my Oh yeah, yeah, that's what I was talking to.
Speaker 3: You know, if you had said that, that would have been an even waiter response to what we thought we were.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what I was going to say.
Speaker 1: But I think how many points? That's a half point?
Speaker 3: I think there's gonna be No, that wasn't that was like two points. The accountant thing was was more white than father.
Speaker 1: I think. But nobody, no, no one would know who your accountant is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's something that a way dude would say though, like you said it like accountant, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We're gonna ask you one more? No I thought there was two more.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna ask you two mores. These questions are good and your responses has been amazing.
Speaker 1: They're awful, but I'll take it. Okay. So this is a this is a design.
Speaker 2: It's what is the overlay of intersecting lines on solid diamonds. It's like a shirt. It's a type of shirt, but it's a pattern on a shirt or.
Speaker 4: Overlay.
Speaker 1: There you go with your modest ass like what what is that? What is you know? What the fuck it was? Shut up? Did you see that? He was like pausing, like what is that?
Speaker 4: Argyle?
Speaker 3: What is so?
Speaker 1: Two thousand? Who wears that?
Speaker 4: No one wears that?
Speaker 1: Can you name two horses?
Speaker 4: Okay? Those Budweiser horses? What are they? Those are the call?
Speaker 5: Those the Clydesdale's And then a thoroughbred?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody asked me that question, like a black horse and a brown horse.
Speaker 1: That's what I would have.
Speaker 4: Said, what I get? Okay. When they taught me how to ride when I was a kid, they taught me Eastern not Western.
Speaker 2: You're so light, Anthony, you were winning in the white guy department.
Speaker 1: You're there. So what's next for you? Like where?
Speaker 3: Like where what you're doing with your time next?
Speaker 4: What do I gotta do?
Speaker 5: I got to get my show together till the money runs out. It's going to be a show. They're kind of loosely based on me. It's like this older guy just running out of money and I've got to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Awful before before it runs out. When when is his money.
Speaker 4: Go und He's got three weeks he set for life. You only have three three weeks left?
Speaker 1: Okay, this sounds interesting.
Speaker 4: Got no life skills and he might have mental problems. He's not sure this is.
Speaker 1: All this sleep based on you or like a way.
Speaker 5: Based on that's a lot.
Speaker 1: No, but that's a lot of white guys though. I think it sounds good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like you know how everyone's show has like the stand up comedy, it's the beginning, like Seinfeld, Louis Amy Schumer. Well, I would just be like this dumb ass open mic comic just on stage at the beginning.
Speaker 1: Is that the title you're given yourself? What is it?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just saying that that's the reality right, so I would be doing it from the point of view of not succeeding. Here's this guy like that has all the advance, all the advantages, but yeah, kind of didn't take advantage of it.
Speaker 1: You were given, you were given the world. Yeah, sixth generations of luxury.
Speaker 4: I don't have any death though. That's good, you know what.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's a good place.
Speaker 4: And no criminal record.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's a good place because because we know who you're attorney is.
Speaker 1: You know who you're you know my attorney is. You know, let me call my lawyer. Okay, I'm not speaking without my attorney present.
Speaker 2: But when like whenever they're like getting whisked away, they're like, call my.
Speaker 1: Lawyer, Call my lawyer. I will not stand for this.
Speaker 3: Before we go call Brian can go all closed with a really white line, really white.
Speaker 1: Really, I'm gonna think of mine, sende you think of yours.
Speaker 3: Okay, But before we do that, we just want to remind everybody that you can see Sydney and I at the warm up on the second Saturday of every month at Karmel and it's very free and.
Speaker 2: It's free and it's five dollars drinks and four dollar wine and we'll be there probably in like a corp tip.
Speaker 5: And it's actually one of the top two comedy shows in the city.
Speaker 4: And I'm not lying.
Speaker 5: It really is the other show Whiplash.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll give you. I'll take that. Are you guys ready with your white line? Yes? Okay, who's gonna go for? Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Sure? Okay, go ahead, I gotta start.
Speaker 3: Yeah, white guys first.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, I prefer you put that on steak and holidays. You put on your eggs bended.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, go ahead. Sydney, what is your name? What is your name? Can I get your name? Please? Here's here's mine. I'd like to speak to the manager. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I feel like that was it, but what is your name? Is very similar to Can I speak to the manager?
Speaker 1: Okay, here's mine? Excuse me a word?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Perfect? Oh my god, that's it. This has been the unofficial expert Anthony.
Speaker 2: You were awesome and definitely you're winning you We've we will crown you right now.
Speaker 1: You are official white man expert. Yes, that's great, your so far, love you so much, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Bye bye, Stay wise and smart, and if you're white, stay.
Speaker 1: That because they as We're winning right now.
Speaker 3: Bye bye for you, the listeners of the Unofficial Expert podcast. Zip car is offering twenty five dollars of free driving credit at zipcar dot com. So to earn that twenty five dollars of free driving credit, go to join zipcar dot com slash Unofficial Experts again.
Speaker 1: That's join zipcar dot com
Speaker 3: Slash Unofficial Experts to earn free driving credit