Speaker 1: As media hood politics with PRIB.
Speaker 2: What I did plan on talking about today, first of all is as you can see, I have rearranged the room. We got the coffee and the records. Those are most of those records are DJ effect. Those records rest in peace to the Kilipino, to b boy Penoy. If you know me, you see me rap, you've seen him. I had a very fun episode set up where we were just going to pretty much make fun of the bromance of Trumpet Elon and then get a little serious about the One Big Beautiful Bill, which still annoys me that it's called that. No, the Big Beautiful Bill Act. That still annoys me. Why do you put act at the end. Anyway, we was gonna talk about that and the pretzel the Republicans got to turn themselves into, and how there's trouble in paradise among him. Y'all in road checks that your booty can't cash. You feel me, y'all in cash the in favors and they had a lot of interest, didn't they.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's what.
Speaker 2: That's this, this what the hood trying to tell you. You think that Og taking care of you when he do you a favor? That favor come with interest, and this is what the Republicans experience and you experiencing that interest. Anyway, I can't talk about that because the National Guards in our streets. So that meant that I needed to fast forward an episode I wanted to do with the homeboy q Uh, who you will meet as soon as this intro's over. But I'm gonna let him speak for himself to live and die in l A. All right, theod politics with prop as promised again. This artist to activist pipeline is something that's really real. I've mentioned the hemmy ce before so many times on the show about like just the reality of like some people really doing it a lot a lot of talkie talkie, you know what I'm saying, but like to really like put you your body, you know what I'm saying, your future, your livelihood really in it to action. You know what I'm saying, is very rare to see. So pastor Q, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: What's up, man, man man, Thanks for having me, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: I appreciate the space you dig.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we me and be and pasted. Q go way back, so like way back. So this is like this is like a real friendship. So what I'm gonna do for the show is a little bit of ces background, what he been doing and what we got planned.
Speaker 1: Now as y'all know right now, like.
Speaker 2: If you're in an activist space, you real busy right about now.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. So we ain't gonna waste que time, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Understatement, understatement, I'm on and like we actually on our way to the same event after this is over, you know what I'm saying, So we go, We're gonna not waste Yeah, we ain't gonna waste nobody time.
Speaker 1: Uh, and get to an in.
Speaker 2: Then on top of that, like the reality is like on top of this just freaking military invasion we're facing like I still gotta go to my aunt ethel house and installed a sink, you know what I'm saying, Like like real life is happening. Wow, this is still going on. That's the reality of like really living in.
Speaker 1: Like activist spaces.
Speaker 2: It's like You've still gotta go check on Auntie and them, like while.
Speaker 1: You still got to moms.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, So first of all, Q, introduce yourself, tell them a little bit about what you do.
Speaker 4: Man, we'll go back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And so Pastor Q pastor of the Church with Our Walls in skid Row, being doing that for about eighteen years. In August, it'll be nineteen years since we've been on the block. And when we say Church with our Walls, it's literally Church with our walls, right, without the physical walls, and without the political walls, and without all of the other walls that come with church right in terms of structure and all of that. I'm also founder and director. I'm founder of the Church with Our Walls. I'm also founder and director of Creating Justice LA, a space where we create justice through creative expressions. Some of our creative expressions are the hip hop smoothie shop, a work on cooperative skid Row Coffee. We just acquired a convenience stool on the corner of Fifth and Saint Pedro in skid Row because you know, uh, it's a social enterprise and we don't want to just rely on donations to do the transformative work that we're trying to do in the skid Row, so we got to bring in our own revenue. We we We've got about twenty people on the staff between both organizations, uh, and most most of the folks are skied row residents or live within the context of skid row, or whether they're poor folks, or whether they're folks who are under employed and all of that stuff. So we try to really stand in the groove right and standing be the go between the kind of help people sort they're gonna fall through the cracks.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See this why this why I don't ever want to hear it from the news or any politician about the houseless quote unquote crisis in LA because I know people like you. You know, I'm like, I'm a I'm a pull pull back and I'm just run the highlight or over the things you just said right now, Like, uh, you know what I'm saying, for eighteen years, there has been a church. They're not a church that serves skid road that go back to the now the church that got uh come on, you understand I'm saying that got a budget for drive by, the drive by the drive by. Nah Maam, Like we live here, you know what I'm saying. It's literally on a corner. And I had it in my notes to talk about the convenience store. But but before I even get to that, he's like the man said, look, we got a smoothie movie spot. You know what I'm saying, Like when you say fifth in San Pedro, unless you're really from here, like I mean, people don't.
Speaker 1: People don't even people don't even want.
Speaker 2: To obeta stop signs when you get down to fifth and six of San Pedro, you're trying to well do that.
Speaker 3: It's not that they don't want to obeta stop side, they don't obey the.
Speaker 1: Stop right, you know what I'm saying that, Like I'm trying to get out of here.
Speaker 3: You know, the whole idea you could row in that community in that area is kind of like walking from your living room to the kitchen or to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, it's like your house.
Speaker 1: It's the house like.
Speaker 4: Op out doors. So people have that state mentality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that you said that. It's like we live here. There just happened to be a street going through our life like you know, and uh right, so they like.
Speaker 1: And this isn't like I love it.
Speaker 2: This ain't no no dumb ass rapper coming down there and handing out merch you can't sell, you know, like, no fool, like.
Speaker 1: We're we really here.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, like like like one of you, one like a famous rapper, came down and dropped off all the White Lives Matter T shirt he.
Speaker 1: Didn't want, they said, off.
Speaker 4: To the community. We had to call him out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you feel me, like when it's like, you know, uh yeah, like now we really here, you know.
Speaker 4: And yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the convenience store, I know, something unique just happened, like it just got passed into black owners, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: For thirty years it was owned by a Korean couple and a Korean family and Danny Parks, you know, shout out to Danny, who you know has been part of creating justices on our board of directors.
Speaker 4: All of that.
Speaker 3: His family turned the business over to him, I think in twenty nineteen, twenty eighteen, one of those and he called me one day and said, hey, you know, I I'm tired. I don't want to do this anymore. My pops, you know, died from, you know, the stress of running this business. My uncle died from the stress of running you know, this business. And I don't want to end up the same way. So I want to sell the market. And I said, okay, so I'm gonna help you sell the market. And then he goes but there's a catch. I want to sell it to. I want to sell it to a black a black family, a black person, or a black led organization. Really and then when I asked him why, he was like, because you know, our family, we were able to buy a house through this through this market, and we were able to send our our our family was able to send out, you know, us kids to school and so uh. And this community is predominantly black, so we want to get back to the community. And so we decided as our nonprofit to purchase it, uh, to kind of keep the dollars recycling in the community. When you talk about recycling dollars, we hear a lot about that. It's a nonprofit, so their social enterprise. So therefore there's no ceo going taking home a whole lot of money and all of that. The money is truly recycled in the community, and the people who work there oftentimes shopped there.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And the money recycled a couple of times just in that store alone.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful.
Speaker 2: No, Now, I call everything you were saying about like recite you know, money staying in the community, and really like this idea of like this is the camaraderie. I feel like that don't. We don't won't get a lot of credit for is this this idea of this this this Korean man because you know, like like while maybe maybe their aunts and uncles were the ones that was on the top of the convenience store shooting at us at the riots, they kids was outside with us, you know what I'm saying. Like they kids was at poject blow with us. You know what I'm say. Their kids was in the same holding tanks and detention centers and after school programs.
Speaker 1: You was in the same programs with us.
Speaker 2: So as we've grown up, we was like, well, look that was mom and them, Like we're we grew up with you, you know, so it's it's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, you know, yeah, creating justice man.
Speaker 3: We got a book club, right and years ago, way back then, you know, he had the book club and we were going through a book by Richard Rosstein called The Color of Law and it's about how you know, redline in the United States and also covers here in Los Angeles. And Danny was part of that book club, right because he's been part of our our board and whatever, and then he was part of that book club. So a lot of just the development of relationship, the cultivation of relationship, right, the planting of seeds and water and those relationship And nobody had any any ulterior motives.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It wasn't like, Oh, I'm gonna, I'm gonna roll with Danny and then one day I'm gonna I'm gonna ask him to purchase his store. I didn't even know that was gonna happen, right, Uh. And at the time, I didn't even know he had owned the grocery store, right, Uh, it would. We were just coming into that relationship and so uh. Yeah, man, it was a beautiful thing to see. I like to say, how God moves uh in ways that people don't expect. Right, It's not in the structure of a church and all of that, But that's real church stuff happening, because we know that the word church was really, uh a secular word that Jesus had borrowed, uh to kind of describe going to a community meeting and getting ready to engage in the community, in the governing of the community and all of that stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, look you're dropping gyms already. Yeah, civic engagement, right, engagement. So let me back up real quick on your story. You are a legendary rapper.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I'm legendary.
Speaker 2: So real quick, just talk about the college boys era, just real quick, you know, hip hop og og, Like y'all do understand, like this is og right here, talk about it a little bit and then we're gonna move into what we're doing now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, So I think you know, just like anybody's story, right, I was born in the Caribbean and then uh moved to Saint cor which is the Virgin Islands, and then ended up in Texas culture shot, but went to high school there, right, and then after high school linked up with some other cats who was still in high school, you know, uh, and started Actually I was a competitive I was just getting into bodybuilding and I.
Speaker 4: Was actually their security. Uh.
Speaker 3: When we go do hip hop battles at a club in Houston called the Ryanstone Wrangler, because I talk to him.
Speaker 4: I lived about twenty miles east of Houston, right.
Speaker 3: And we had all kinds of battles with with the ghetto boys and everything like that, and we out of twenty battle we lost only two, right, Because we would do that switch rapping back in the day, that's og stuff that a lot of these guys don't know about, right, but OG's and you know, just doing stuff. Ended up signing would wrap a lot records. We made a name for ourselves, and before that, we made a name for ourselves at KTSU, which is Southern Christian University in Texas, right, And so you know, we made our name through the college ranks, and that's why we changed our name to the College Boys back in those days. And then in nineteen eighty nine moved to California to get a record deal. One year later we signed to Virgin Records, and it was to a relationship we had with a brother named John John Brown. We ended up writing lyrics for Paul Abdulz scat Cat the.
Speaker 4: Track you know what I mean? So yeah, all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah y'all, y'all, did y'all hear what he just said?
Speaker 4: Right now?
Speaker 1: Come on fam status?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So yeah, you know, and and and and our first record was called Victim of the Ghetto, right, it was always hit record. Uh And and funny thing is that record actually was about my life in particular, right because I was the one who was a neighborhood pharmaceutical dealer. Right, come on, man, got to clean it up for them if they catch it, if you know, you.
Speaker 4: Know right, get it.
Speaker 3: So I always had that entrepreneurship spirit man, and and wanted to be a hip hop mobile. We used to do our own shows in Texas. We made our own way. There was no social media. We would rent the fireman's hall and throw all of these these get downs right, and really saved enough money to move to California. And like I said, a lot of people come to Cali and they never make it right. God bless their soul, because you know, I feel it when people have the hunger to make something up themselves but it doesn't work out. So I feel for those but we were we were blessed to be able to do that within one year after we got here.
Speaker 4: In the rest of history, that's tope.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I feel like you even you even hit the nail on the head moving into like what's going on right now, which is like the thing about coming to California, Like y'all this outside perception of just like these transplants with you know, their yoga pants and their erawon, you know, smoothies that they think we soft right, And I'm like, so I'm like even obviously us born and raised here like we're already like, well, you're not talking about us, Like we know you're not talking about us. But but the grit it takes to get here and stay, whether it's like in an entertainment space or even in an immigrant situation, like it's really.
Speaker 1: It's really, really, really hard. So you have to understand.
Speaker 2: I'm even going back to like Great migration, like you if you if you you know, if you was a black person from Texas or you know, Oklahoma, Arkansas, like that's like the trajectory like of the Great Migration, like you know, if you was further east, they went north, like but from Texas and west.
Speaker 1: So most of us are like are are our roots? Are our Texas?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Uh? We different?
Speaker 2: Like we're like listen, I'm not gonna stay up under this, Jim Crow. You're not finna like you're not gonna treat.
Speaker 1: Us like this. You under said what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So then to get here, which was my granny in them story, to get here and then be dropped right in the in the middle of Watts and then to have like that that that racist police brutality happened in It's like no, man, we just now we just left this.
Speaker 1: You're not finna do this to us.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I grew up listening to stuff like I'd rather be a free man than Mike Eve than living as a puppet on sleeve.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Come on, see, we build different NATO community. You gotta understand these, these the zootsuit rioters where it's just like these, the brown berets, like you're not feel like even our queer community like we not.
Speaker 1: You don't play with us like this. It's already hard enough to be here.
Speaker 2: You instead, I'm saying so like and to quote and to quote one of our patron saints, like we might fight amongst each other.
Speaker 1: I promise you this. You know what I'm saying. I promise you this, bro.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. You feel you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I mean it kind of reminds me of of the Joint, right where my man says, I think it is a Jacob. He says, you mad because the city's on fire, but you quiet when my.
Speaker 2: People die, right exactly, I don't want to hear, Yeah, I don't want to hear nothing about I don't want to hear nothing about the National Guard. Right when y'all are when the Jay January six folks, y'all to the actual capital, Like you said, like we're we're literally defending our aunties and uncles.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the things too, we we gotta also remember is that they no longer control. There's no more there's no more just a couple of great, huge media companies controlling the narrative. As much as I hate social media oftentimes, uh, there's also a good thing about social media is that we become.
Speaker 4: Our own citizens media, right, Uh.
Speaker 3: And we get to also and they say certain things or they push certain narratives, we get to push back against their narratives.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And we got people who are following us and different folks and all of that, so we get to create our own echo echo chambers to actually combat what they're saying. Back in the days, we couldn't do that because they owned all the media facts.
Speaker 2: I know, anytime I'm outside, whenever there's a mass, you know, organization organizing to resist, I always run into you, which is like it's always been, which is why can't nobody tell me nothing about what you're doing over there? Because I'm like, well, I I know when I go I see it you know what I'm saying. There's a lot of people I don't see.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But now, granted it might be hundreds of thousands of people outside, but you still kind of like are you Like I don't know, bro, Like I check to your neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Don't nobody know you? You know what I'm saying, Like like you feel me?
Speaker 2: Like here, I can always say, no matter what the cause was, which is what I like, what really resonates with you where it's not just a Black Lives Matter thing.
Speaker 1: It's not just the homes thing.
Speaker 2: It's it's where, it's it's gaza, it's you know what I'm saying, It's all kind of stuff. And right now, you know, our immigrant brothers and sisters are the ones that's like, you know, kind of leading leading away. So we like, all right, let's go where we're going. What's the link, you know, Let's go on a mission. So like yesterday was one of the Today's Monday of this week, this is gonna drop with his day, Yesterday was one of the more intense confrontations. So from what I know and see is what we saw in twenty twenty and what we saw in ninety two with the riots, which was we were not the aggressors, right, you know, the aggressors were the military force, right, So was that your experience too?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, Well when you look at what happened this weekend, right, we know that Donald Trump has a plan, right, and we know his plan is to escalate. Everybody knows if you can see it coming. He wants martial law. He hates California because California didn't vote for him, and we resist him and we don't like him, and he knows that, and he loves to be liked.
Speaker 4: So what he did was.
Speaker 3: And things escalated, was that I started you know, throwing, you know, gassing people, right, yeah, And that's violent. You might call it non lethal, but it's still violent, right Yeah. And then when you go into an elementary school and you're trying to break up an elementary school graduation, that's violence.
Speaker 4: On top of that, Prior to that, prior to.
Speaker 3: All of this, you already went into a school or went into a facility and deported or home and deported you know, a child who was going through cancer treatment, so you don't care if she dies or not, and you deport her while she's going through cancer treatment for brain for brain cancer. Come on, man, you already violent. You have already violated the code. You already went over the line. So I want nobody talking about, well they burning this day, burning that, whatever, whatever. Hey, if you are not going to speak up against that type of violence, I don't want to hear you talking about your stuff and your property that's burning because human life, human life is more important than property. I'm not going to run around burning property. But at the same time, I understand right why people would do it. Doctor King said, what riots are the voice of being heard? And I really don't call them riots. I call them uprisings. Except for January sixth.
Speaker 4: That was a riot.
Speaker 1: That riots, Yes, you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying. They were like, we want power even though we lost, we want to take it by force.
Speaker 4: Love.
Speaker 1: We don't o this.
Speaker 4: Boy, something happened in a spirit. Oh, I was having.
Speaker 5: Preach when I came to deliver discusses today to the spirit of a race that's into White House, told kill me since in spirit for warf ben.
Speaker 1: I h Then I'm gonna praak for breaks at all.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna preak, so I'm gonna put up my famers from food. From the end of my se people were a plenty were like lies, you have me know.
Speaker 4: That? And p.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I mean you you nail so many things because first of all, like the reality is a lot of these cases these people like you're disincentivizing these people to follow the rules because especially that cancer treatment person, like they applied to all the paperwork, like we did the paperwork. If you tell me, I have you tell me I need to follow the rules. Okay, So I set a court date and I go to the immigration office and you arrest me.
Speaker 4: But it's a child.
Speaker 1: It's a child.
Speaker 3: But what I'm trying, it's an elementary age child. They I mean, even if you got laws, there's a greater law that operates with thins you.
Speaker 4: That's why the scripture says.
Speaker 3: I no longer want you to put, you know, the law on a wall in school, on stones or whatever.
Speaker 4: I need it on your heart.
Speaker 1: I need it on your heart.
Speaker 2: And I'm just like I'm just saying, even just from a practical standpoint. So what you're telling me is don't go to my don't go to court. What you're telling me is don't show up. That's what you're telling me like I tried to follow the rules, and when I did, you still arrest me.
Speaker 1: So you know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna not follow them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just like that'll make it like and.
Speaker 2: And then going back to your violence point. On one of the other shows on our network, it's called Weird Little Guys. It's a great show. It's just about like how it turns out a lot of these uh right wing extremists in our country turns out to just be just weird little guys, you know what I'm saying, once you get into who they are. But on that show, Molly talked about the case of Dishaunte and Pinder, which is essentially it stood up in in court many times that the police really have no obligation to protect us, like like if they don't have to get in the line of they don't have to. Matter of fact, like the only their only obligation is if they we are in their custody or to protect us from danger. Is if we are in their custody, or if they set up the problem. But if there's a riot going on, especially like right now, Like so if if if Trump flew to National Guard down here, right, and then they're clashing with us. The police don't have to intervene, no, because they're like, well we didn't cause we didn't cause this, right, So not only did the feds bring the violence, the LAPD has no obligation to stop it.
Speaker 3: Well, but but but look at what they did do though, right, we have to check out their actions right now, what they say, but the actions.
Speaker 4: We're supposed to be a sanctuary city, and what did they.
Speaker 3: Do LAPD even last night was tear gasing and shooting rubber bullets at protesters. I thought we were a sanctuary city. And what are you doing helping the federal forces. You're supposed to be protecting the people from the federal forces.
Speaker 2: Which for and what's crazy is like the tradition for la has been say what you want about the LAPD.
Speaker 1: They are a gang, they are violent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the traditions and all of them, all of them, right, But the tradition has always been, but we don't really get into the immigration thing because we can't do our job if you're afraid to talk to us because you think you're going to get deported. So the tradition has always been like, oh yeah, now we don't won't enforce none of that. And then finally I saw today the city of Glendale said, all right, we're going to we're going to terminate our deal with US Borders Customs. They said, They're like, they're like, we're not going to do it. We don't we don't want to work with y'all. No more, y'all keep y'all money. We don't want our contract with ICE anymore. You cannot have a detention center here. So it's like that's great, Like Glendale was like, did what they said? It's like, you know what, we don't need this. We don't need this, this y'all's issue. We don't agree with it, we don't believe in it.
Speaker 1: This y'all's issue.
Speaker 2: Not to mention, which is a different narrative here we could talk about later, but like, well, Glendale's Armenian, right, the city Armenia. And I'm like, and they they're different, they are different.
Speaker 1: They're different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because because what about the guy who makes our record check Check. I used to say, call him, we used to call him check from the Armenian Project. Yeah, matter because he because he makes some ice cubes records and everything, but he also makes our record.
Speaker 4: He's in Glendale and.
Speaker 1: They don't they they different like fam.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So let's move into what we're doing July third, you know, because again I want to hold you to a third.
Speaker 4: Is. The is, The is the Moses to get out.
Speaker 3: So you know, we can't give we can't get too much details on it because we know that they listening to us. We know that they got us under surveillance, right, we know they got volunteer and all of that stuff, all that stuff that they use to you know, the whole cointelpro and all of that stuff. So we know they listening. But on July third, we want folks to save the day because on July third, we're doing what's called the Freedom Cruise and Rally, and it's gonna be h It's called death Justice. Death stands for uh, kind of like death jams, so it stands for diversity, equity, and freedom. So it's the Freedom Cruise and Rally. Uh, and we're gonna shut ish down right.
Speaker 4: Uh. You know what I mean. You know it's a cruise.
Speaker 3: It's happening somewhere in in Los Angeles County, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And it's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 3: I think we got a couple of car clubs that are on deck. We got artists who're gonna be on deck. Uh, prop gonna be on deck. Right, we got some stuff happening. We already got some folks from some of the unions or who are gonna.
Speaker 4: Be on deck.
Speaker 3: And and yeah, man, if you got a car and you got an issue you care about, we say, bring your car and bring your issues.
Speaker 4: UH. July third some of the demands we have.
Speaker 3: By the way, you can guess why we chose July third, because you know, we know fourth of July ain't really uh and meant for all of us uh. And they yeah, yeah, yeah, so what we and so on July third, when we we some of our demands. Of that, California gives sends over six hundred billion dollars to UH, to the federal government, and we spent we we only received. We we received eighty billion less than what we send them. So basically, we were sending them an additional eighty billion dollars and a lot of that money goes to Red states and supporting welfare and all of that other stuff. Right, they hate California, but they love our money. We know we got the fourth largest economy in the world. Right, that just happened not too long ago.
Speaker 4: And so.
Speaker 3: We are calling on the governor to actually not push back against the Trump administration because they started it. So, hey, let's not Let's let's find a way not to send them that eighty billion dollars. Right, let's wit hold that eighty billion dollars. If you all want to play, if you want to take it to court, let's go to court.
Speaker 4: Let's do what we got to do. Right, That's what it demands. The right demand is that The other.
Speaker 3: Demand is that ICE must unmask, Right, they must unmask. You can't come into our communities like gangsters. We don't know who you are. We can't prove who you are. It's unsafe for our community. Get out of our community unmasked. The third and the third heard uh demand is to abolish ICE. Those are national Uh. The eighty billion is sort of a state strategy. The abolish ICE obviously is a national strategy.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: And the last demand is to impeach Donald Trump. Impeach the president. Right, So that's our demands and and uh, part of our and and the follow up is that we are trying to divest from plantation capitalism and reinvest back into local communities like some of the stuff we're doing in Skid Role. We talked about the market and all of that. We ought to be doing that in Chinatown. We ought to be doing that. In Korea Time, we ought to be doing that. In Little Tokyo, we ought to be doing that in Ball Heights. Come on, man Compton, Lynnwood, Yeah, I mean Watts wherever.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: We need to We need to start focusing away from these corporations and were already taking down Tesla. They're going down hard right now, and Walk and Target is going now. We need to continue to keep that going. Uh, and not just strife, but we need to actually start diverting resources from these organizations.
Speaker 2: Some notes about ice. A few things that are older than ice. So when we talk about abolishing it, so uh, the song Skater Boy by Avril Levine, Okay, that's older than ice, right, mister.
Speaker 1: Elliotts, if it's worth it, let me work it. That song is older than ice.
Speaker 4: Exactly, Okay.
Speaker 2: HoTT in Her, Yeah, hotten Here by Nell Nellie. Nelly's song hot in Here is older than ice. So you can't tell me. This is an institution, a long standing and these things. These songs are older than Ice exact, so like don't don't tell me and don't tell me you can't do it. But I wanted to also put a put a put a pin on one of the demands when you were saying, well, why don't we just withhold funds because I'm like, that's what Trump says all the time.
Speaker 1: You don't do this, we won't send you the federal money. Okay.
Speaker 3: It's just is just a pushback for him for what he's talking about, right like okay.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, word is that that is that?
Speaker 3: The game?
Speaker 1: Is that the play?
Speaker 2: Look, you made the rules, you said that's the play. You said you ain't gonna send the money.
Speaker 1: Okay, work, then we won't send the money exactly exact exactly.
Speaker 4: They need the money money more than we do.
Speaker 1: Trust facts.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm like, man, we say all the time like like bru a lot of times, like man, you tell me, you told me what it was. You know, I came in here with just like in this protest, like we came in here being like following all the rules telling you because we understand we don't done through We didn't been through this before.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying we know the rules. We know to stay across the street.
Speaker 4: We know.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Like, we know all these rules right and it's on now.
Speaker 2: I'm saying like, yeah, qute, drop all the like ways for which the audience can stay in contact with you with y'all. I get asked all the time like what are the what are the outlets you can you could check on? That's gonna give you that real rap. You know what I'm saying, You're one of the ones l a Taco. There is like a big one that like no doubt, no outside and they real you know what I'm saying, So like, how can people stay in contact with you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Most definitely create on IG, create Justice underscore, Create Justice Underscore on IG, our website creating Justice dot la. On email, you can hit me at q that is CUI at Creating Justice dot l a q at Creating Justice dot La.
Speaker 4: That's three ways you can reach me.
Speaker 3: I gave you the email, I gave you the IG, and I gave you the website.
Speaker 4: So hit us.
Speaker 3: You know, we got a whole lot of other stuff, but if you can catch me on one of those, you know you can get the rest of the stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if you're in the city, like and you going to any of these things, you going see you gonna see Q right here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, And we opened.
Speaker 3: We also got a Piece and Hilling Center in schedule one sixteen East fifth Street on the Nickel And so we uh, we definitely opened today for protesters and folks who are on the street who want to refresh or regroup or whatever.
Speaker 4: Come through the Piece and Hilling Center.
Speaker 3: Get you something to drink, cool out for a minute in the in the ac do you know, do what you gotta do before you do what you gotta do.
Speaker 2: That's man, that's right. Look you you no use to us exhausted, you know. Yeah yeah, So like people always ask me, like how do I how do I stay balanced?
Speaker 4: How do this?
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm no use to the movement if I'm exhausted. So like, you know, get your food, take care of yourself.
Speaker 4: You gotta take care of ourselves.
Speaker 2: Man, to take care of yourselves. Yeah, all right, you appreciate you, man, appreciate your time. I'm gonna see you in about an hour.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It is yeah, having me man, thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: All right, right, love one love, all right now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get to download number. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in East Lost Boyle Heights by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the Coldbrew coffee we got terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off get yourself some coffee. This was mixed, edited and mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski Killing the Beat Softly. Check out his website Matdowsowski dot com. I'm a speller for you because I know M A T T O S O W s ki dot com Matdowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out The heat Politics is a member of cool Zone Media, Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and Overly Mattowsowski Still Killing the Beat soft Fleet.
Speaker 1: So listen.
Speaker 2: Don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics. These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week.