Speaker 1: All right, let's move around some quick updates news from run League. So the Sixers and Celtics played last night, because this is coming out Tuesday. I haven't seen the game yet, but I can just I can just already know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: The line is Celtics by nine and a half, and I would not take the Sixers plus nine and a half.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that no embiid indefinitely.
Speaker 2: He hasn't even started doing physical activity, has not done any drills, has only been doing light stretching Shams. Shams said that it was even more severe than initially thought. He has gotten PRP. That is platelet rich plasma rich plasma rich replacement therapy. I believe it's what it's called. It's a big ass needle where they take your blood out of you and then they put it back in you after they spun it around in some sort of machine.
Speaker 1: Apparently it feels terrible.
Speaker 2: It's one of the thickest needles my friend has ever shown me who has gotten Kobe used to go to Germany.
Speaker 1: To get PRP on his old ass knees back in the day.
Speaker 2: It's not good. Will you say that in the middle of the playoffs not good. And if there's no EMBIID, then what are we.
Speaker 1: Even talking about.
Speaker 2: If there's no EMBIID in this series, what are we even saying. We're saying nothing, There's no it's done. It's a rap. It's a coast for the Boston Celtics. We thought that the Milwaukee Bucks had the easier path to the Eastern Conference Finals. Turns out that was a lie. Turns out avoiding Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 1: What you want to do?
Speaker 2: The only possibility for the Sixers to win the series, or at least compete in the series, is if James Harden turns back time like Chaer and is the Houston Rockets version of James Harden when he was an MVP putting up fifty in the regular He's not just got to be James Harden in Houston. He's got to be regular season James Harden in Houston, because God knows that James Harden has never been a good playoff player, and Tyrese Maxey has to be a version of himself we have only seen in glimpses just to compete unless the question there's one little factor that could possibly put a wrench in Boston's plans and his name is bible Thumpin' Joe Miszula, one of the worst clutch time play callers I've ever seen. Definitely surprised that he's the head coach of the Boston Celtics. But honestly, it might not even come into play because this thing might be a blowout until they figure out a way to put Joel Embiid's lifeless body back onto the court. Moving forward, on the Knicks Heat series that already looks shaky without Julius Randall, another player that has gone down with an injury. And I tell you what, he had played really well against the Heat for the regular season.
Speaker 1: He was missed.
Speaker 2: Knicks looked really good in the first half, they were blowing out the Heat and then what happened. Heat did heat things and it wasn't even close.
Speaker 1: In the second half.
Speaker 2: Heat blew the Knicks out in the Garden night Night sleep mask.
Speaker 1: One little wrinkle, Jimmy Butler turned his ankle.
Speaker 2: Apparently it was the size of the baseball. Yeah, not great, he'll play. I'm sure he's questionable for Game two. But without Jimmy, this is a G League team. No shade on Max Streuz or Gabe Vincent or fat ass Kyle Lowry who's re emerged from the crypt as well. But the playoffs reminds us never count out Eric Spolstra as for the next Julius Randall still day to day. Tib says that he's not limping, but he hasn't done anything on the court other than shooting on Friday. That sounds like he's probably not coming back for a game or two out West. Denver is about to to de thrown the Suns, aren't they? It did not look good. It did not look like a good fun situation for Phoenix. The Hoop Collective, boys Winhorse and all them said that Denver is playing as well as they have since midseason, and I think that's right. Jamal Murray is playing like Bubble Jamal Murray. Jokic is playing like a two time MVP. And here's a fun stat. In the last seven years, the Nuggets are eighteen.
Speaker 1: And three against the Suns.
Speaker 2: When Jamal Murray plays, they are one in eight without him. Remember that with Sons and four they were the ones that were the victims of Sons and four. The most concerning thing though about the Sons is their role players.
Speaker 1: They just they.
Speaker 2: Don't have that math to math up with the Nuggets. On top of the fact that DeAndre Ayton, my guy who called himself Dominaton, is complacent as hell, does not look interested in playing basketball under the rim at the moment. There's a viral clip of him standing around watching Jokic get multiple offensive rebounds and put backs, just watching just like, hey, shit looks fun as hell.
Speaker 1: This was a good game.
Speaker 2: He's got to figure that out. He's got to be more involved that they're going to compete. And speaking of the Sun's real quick little funny story about Kevin Durant, Jeff Green dropped a fascinating factoid following Game one at the presser. He said, because Katie and him play together in Seattle when there was a team there and they became super close, and Green said this, Kevin Durant has been lying about his height this whole time. He's actually not six eleven, He's not seven feet he's seven foot one.
Speaker 1: Kevin Durant, He's just been just.
Speaker 2: Been underestimating his height this whole time, and nobody's ever thought to break out a ruler and be like, hey, you look taller than six eleven. Like, there's just I know you're skinny, but you look taller than seven feet to me, And if you think about it, it's pretty on brand for Katie, Like, ah, nah, I'm like six'. Ten maybe he's more like Chet holmer and than we. Thought and then The, mavericks we haven't really talked about them much other than the fact that they got a fine for. Tanking Tim cato dropped an article about. Them they give some insight into what they're going to do in the off. Season their number one priority is to sign re Signed, kyrie of, course and now The, lakers which is an interesting little nugget of. Information The lakers are no longer interested in Signing Kyrie, irving even Though Kyrie irving has been showing up at every game behind the bench doing his best maybe pay me impression that you could ask.
Speaker 1: For he was at.
Speaker 2: The Laker memphis, game he was at The Sacramento kings.
Speaker 1: Game versus The. Warriors who is he trying to play for in that little?
Speaker 2: Duo BUT i Think kyrie's real opportunity to get a max deal's Probably dallas looks Like, Also dallas is not interested in Keeping Christian, wood so they had to pay a first round pick for him to be there for like one. Year sources are saying that he's no longer in their future. Plans javi l McGee no longer in their future, Plans Maxi klaiber probably not in their future. Plans And Dwight, powell even though they like him a, lot they might not keep. Him they're also looking to Move Tim. Hardaway it kind of sounds like In Everything Must Go, sale If i'm, honest gonna be really hard to Move Tim hardaway because he gets paid a lot of, money and you know how hard it is to move assets that are not as valuable as you're paying. Them their focus Is DeAndre, dominaton WHICH i don't know if necessarily is going to be a great situation for, them CONSIDERING i just told you his lack of interest in playing defense is quite evident in the, Playoffs Chris, middleton who has had a swollen knee since twenty, twelve on and, off and, yeah The MAVs are. Cooked Probably luke is gone if they don't make a move to at least show good. Faith luke is probably asking out next, year.
Speaker 1: Moving on To. Memphis, Memphis, boy was that embarrassing.
Speaker 2: And both the, stars, well both the players who've been popping off at the, Mouth Jahn morant And Dylan brooks both skipping out right after the game. Ends the miss media. Availability that's some punk. Shit, Uh and now we have a slew of offseason interviews to fall back.
Speaker 1: On, First John, morant they, said, hey how about? That you're good in The? West?
Speaker 2: Comment how about? That and he says he didn't regret saying. It how do you fix? This according to Jaw less trash talking friend of Showed, To Michael cole reported That jaw has pledged to be more humble and do less trash. Talking IF i do, that then the rest of the team will. Follow sounds Like jaw knows what we all, knew everybody who has a target on, them given the fact that they are fucking annoying and they have too much shit to say and they have accomplished. Nothing are The grizzlies The grizzlies if they don't have that unabashed, SWAGGER a Quiet Ja, MORANT i don't know what that will mean moving. FORWARD i think that they should double down and bea the NBA's.
Speaker 1: Villains don't know if that's gonna make them a better.
Speaker 2: Team Dylan brooks and his poked The bear comments probably got him a one way ticket out Of.
Speaker 1: Memphis he's probably not going to be re.
Speaker 2: Signed Taylor jenkins And Zach cleman both said that self created distractions hurt The grizzlies in the. Playoffs looks Like Dylan brook's probably out of. There one thing's for. SURE Gm Zach cleman says that the grizz are going to be active one hundred percent active on the. Trademarket that means probably going after mckil, bridges probably going after Ogn, andobi probably going After Pascal, siakam all the guys that are, available most likely for the right.
Speaker 1: Price that's all the time that we.
Speaker 2: After the Heat check will be Back friday with an all new episode covering the second round. SERIES i hope they're all as exciting As King's warriors were in the first. Round do not forget to, download. Subscribe tell your, friends every single one of. THEM i mean, It, BRANDON i mean. It follow us on social at this Heat check and at trist to criek on TikTok because the Heat check never, sleeps not even during the.
Speaker 1: Playoffs