Speaker 1: What's up, y'all. This is Dylan Marlowe. Yeah, it's definitely tough because you see, like a lot of other things get glorified in this industry where you're like, what the heck, Like that would be super easy for me to go do that. I want to headline arenas and stadiums, you know, that's like the goal. But I want to do it the way God wants me to do it and not the way I want to do it, like you know, the fruits that I carried by by when you look at it or when you meet me or when you talk to me, like, that's my goal. I want people to know like, Okay, this is what Dylan's about, and this is the upload. Man.
Speaker 2: How are you? How's everything?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been great, probably slowing down for the year.
Speaker 2: Slowing down, Bro, you're expecting twins?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, well, the music slowing down. The parenting's about to pick up.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm so excited for you. That was one thing that I was so excited to talk to you about today because I just feel like the mindset of becoming a parent, Man, what a weight that just carries crazy.
Speaker 1: So excited. I'm ready, though I'm excited.
Speaker 3: Well, if you don't know, Dylan is on the upload today and I'm so excited to chat with you and dive into you about just lots of things. But I want to first start off our conversation with just talking about the word faith. It means such different things to so many different people, and I'm just curious what that word means to you specifically.
Speaker 1: I think it's like faith to me, is just like believing what you can't physically see with your eyes, but just like knowing in your heart, like believing what you believe in your heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the things that I love about faith is just like you said, you can't see it, but you believe it. And my little brother actually was recently talking about just like Jesus and faith and that kind of stuff, and he's like, you do realize you guys sound crazy, right, And I was just like, yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: But yeah, No, it's either yeah I saw something yesterday butcher. But it's just like we either believe in something some lunatic dude who this whole thing's crazy, or we believe in like just the most perfect person that's ever walked on the earth.
Speaker 3: And I like to believe that one, Yeah, the one that's kind, the one I don't want to be wrong.
Speaker 2: Okay for sure.
Speaker 3: When it comes to faith specifically, we all have different walks as Christians and what we you know, how we go about things. When when did faith become like real for you where you got to choose faith, where it was your decision.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Probably, Uh maybe when I moved out of my parents' house, not that they like help me back or anything. I think you just get so many decisions you get to make on your own, you know.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I was literally thinking about the story last night for some reason. I was trying to fall asleep the day that I like got saved because I had been like baptized as a kid, but didn't really think it was my decision, you know. And uh, I'll never forget. Her name's miss Kim. She was my roommate's mom, and she was always like kind of taking me to church and like always hinting like when are you going to give your life? You know? And then uh, one day I was like, all right, today I'm gonna do it, you know. As soon as at the end the preacher's like all right, whoever wants to put their hand up, I'm gonna do it, and then he didn't say it that day. So we're walking in the car in the parking lot and she was like, have you put any more thought into it? And I was like, well, I was going to today, but like, you know, he didn't ask, and she was like she grabbed my shirt and just ripped me right back into the church and ripped all the way back to the pastor's like office, you know where he's after serving. She was like, we got to do this right now, you know.
Speaker 2: What a sweet friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is so special to have those kind of people in your life because I feel like so many people are are scared to ask those questions, and especially surrounding yourself with community of you know, a friend's mom that'll be like.
Speaker 1: Hey, no, it was really funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you think back just kind of growing up, is there someone in your life that just kind of models like what Jesus looks like for you growing up?
Speaker 1: I would say probably my pop, but like my dad's dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you guys have a good relationship?
Speaker 1: It was yeah, I think so. We weren't too like ty as we lived always like an hour away, but that was always who I kind of like in my head imagery, like that's who represented Jesus the most of me.
Speaker 3: Do you ever think about that like going towards like, you know, the I guess the incline in your life and growing in Christ that you're going to be that for someone else?
Speaker 1: I hope. So, I hope I am. I feel like he was very patient and very uh just kind of like the role model for that. Yeah for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was just thinking about your instagram bio and how I love when you you see people just declare it boldly and don't have any you know, second guess things about it. And I love that you have Proverbs sixteen three in your instagram bio commit your work to the Lord and your plans will be established.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why did you choose that one?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like, especially in this like industry, it's easy to like commit your work to yourself, you know, or to try to, And I still like struggle with that just given the given the work, like all this all the labor and stuff to God, you know, and I don't know, it's it's like with what we do. It's just there's two different ends of the spectrum, you know. So I feel like for me, whenever I can just commit my plans to him. He shows and it might not be like the answer you're looking for, you know, but he shows his presence everywhere, everywhere, every time for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And being a musician, like you said, it's it's all about you, right, You're on stage, people are watching you, and you know, when you think about your purpose as a musician and trying to put yourself kind of to the side, what vision do you see for yourself? What purpose do you see for yourself?
Speaker 1: I think just like being a light maybe in such like a dark industry, and uh, yeah, it's definitely tough because you see, like a lot of other things get glorified in this industry where you're like, what the heck, like that would be super easy for me to go do that, and you know it probably get super megaviral this this, you know. But I just, yeah, I feel like, at the end of the day, I want to make sure that with what I'm doing, it's just putting off what you like, you know, the fruits that I carry by by when you look at it or when you meet me or when you talk to me, Like, that's my goal. I want people to know like, Okay, this is what Dylan's about and if it takes me a little longer to get to where I want to be because of that, you know, same like committ your plains to the Lord, like he'll take care of it, you know. If if this isn't what I'm supposed to be doing one day, you'll tell me. Or if it is, I feel like it is. I feel like I have a calling in my life to do music, but I want to be like, uh, I've had kids ask me before, like I think I was doing like a photo shoot somewhere at my buddy's farm, and this little kid was like, mister Dylan, I have a question when when you wrote hung Over to deer Stand, were you drunk to night before? And I was like, well, those are questions I like don't think about, you know, and like I don't know if that's what I want to be known for, you know, yeah, I want to be known for other stuff that.
Speaker 3: But what a sweet realization too, where it's like, you know, you do get caught up in things and you're gonna say things, and we all say things that are sure and you look back like you said and you're like, wait a second, Yeah, I have a.
Speaker 1: Lot of hot takes. Yeah, yeah, it's it's I could get into it for sure, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Well I want to go into those hot tapes and things about those like what are some of those other things in your career where you're like, man, I really shouldn't have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I just I don't know, like we had we in between our last podcast and now, like there was a time when we got kicked out of this like festival. For while I was it was completely like on whatever, like we were watching from the uh oh the.
Speaker 2: Security change out.
Speaker 1: I remember that doing absolutely like nothing wrong, you know. But when I posted that video, I was so angry because I mean it was a pride. It was probably a lot of pride, like getting kicked out for all these people. You're like, what like I just played this, You're like, I'm doing Marlowe. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. And I posted it and everybody thought it was hilarious and funny and cool and uh like gained so many followers from this one video of controversy, you know, And then I went to bed on it and I was just I had this uneasy feeling, like, man, I just that's like I don't know if I want to be known for that like, I don't know, I just in the back of my mind, it just didn't feel right, you know, even though I probably could have left it up and got like ten twenty thousand more followers from that that one video. And I hate that I even posted at first. It was in a moment of like probably anger and pride that kind of took over, you know, and most people will watch this, but I could stop that big of a deal, dude, But to me, I would rather be known for a song that comes out that just does great as a song than a dude who got controversy for getting kicked out of festival.
Speaker 2: Yeah, viral video.
Speaker 1: For so like, those are the things that are tough that you kind of look and you see it all over the place and you're like, I could easily just dive into that, and but I don't know if there's as much fulfillment from that, you know. I told Nat the other day, I've had more fulfillment for leading worship to like thirty people in a rehab center than I have any show or played.
Speaker 2: I believe it.
Speaker 1: You know. I'm still like navigating, I mean honestly, and it's been in a spot of weird, like just like how things kind of been shapen, like what do I want? Like, what do I want to do? Seriously, what do I what are my goals? Have they change? I think my goals are still the same to like I want to headline arenas and stadiums. You know, that's like the goal, but I want to do it the way God wants me to do it and not the way I want to do it.
Speaker 3: And I think there's something so special about something you said earlier where you said I don't care if it takes me longer than everybody else, yeah, and that that conviction of the Holy Spirit to just be like let me lead, yeah, and just follow me, and to completely put yourself back. I mean, it's it's such a hard thing to do. And I think that's one thing too that people don't realize, Like if you're not a Christian or you don't have any specific beliefs, it's hard to think about, like, well, why don't you want to get what you want? Or why don't you want to do what you want? And it's hard to explain. But when you have those convictions from the Holy Spirit, you're like, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm not it's not about us or our time and for sure, and I feel like the world has just created this insanely just like it's all about you, like, go do it makes you happy? Go do this? Like, yeah, God wants us to be happy, you know, he wants us to do things that we joy. But yeah, I don't know. The older I get becoming a dad now, like I think, what do I want my kids to see? You know? And this isn't like a judgmental thing to anybody totally, you know, it's just like for me personally, what I've seen and grown in my faith in the last couple of months is just there's just more to it. You know, there's more to all this than just being an artist or you know, it gets to be a cool thing I get to do. I think it's my call. I feel like that's what I've been called to do. There's just more to it, though, And I think you're right.
Speaker 3: I think you do have this special calling on your life because specifically, just in the middle of a show, you're like, you know what, I feel like playing a worship song in a bar, or you know, people are drinking, people are having a good time, and you're like, you know what, let's spend a little bit of time with Jesus. And I think it's such a special thing because people are like, well, why would you do that? And it's like Jesus hung out with the sinners. Yeah, he wants to reach everybody. So I think that's such a cool thing for you to do. And I mean it really takes a lot of guts to do something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think one part of the calling is like going into those places. But and there also comes like you have to just be so like because it's so easy to go into these environments and then lose side of that. You just have to be so strongly like disciplined, and like I fall short of that sometimes, you know. Sometimes like me and Connor talked like, you know, it's not like we don't always do like a worship thing and they're just if the word throws it on our heart, you know, like the thing in Athens was a tragedy that week. It just felt heavy, but like it's it's a dark the road's a dark place. Yeah, So sometimes I'm like, God, why are you like thing me in these places? Like maybe you know, I feel like he wants me to be a light. But then it's it's tough to be a light sometimes because you're like, man, the last thing I want to do is play a worship song right now when everybody's getting hammered and drinking, and like, you know, you're like, is it going to ruin the thing? Like is it gonna be weird? You know? And then yeah, that's spiritual. It's it's it's warfaring. You're like, you're singing the three songs up to it, and you're like not even thinking about those, You're just thinking about that, you know.
Speaker 3: So Yeah, such a cool perspective to think about, because it's just like even daily stuff, right You're like, you have things to do, but there's that one thing that God keeps telling you to do, and you're not even thinking about those three things. You're just thinking about that one thing. Like what are people going to think of me? Is you're gonna think I'm weird?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think that the one verse that has just got me through. And I can't I don't know exactly where what verse it is. I just know the scripture itself. It's it's I think it's in Matthew. Actually, I could probably open my Bible and point it's underlying highlight and everything. But it's just it's when Jesus just said, Hey, if the world hates you, I hated me first. You know. So people might get weird by things you do as a Christian, or they might look down on it or look different, but like they hated Jesus first, who literally threw his life on the line for us so or gave his life for us, you know. And there's just nothing that I think we're I think we're all going to get to heaven one day and not worry once about what somebody thought about us. We're probably gonna wish we would have done more.
Speaker 3: Isn't it so funny how this? I feel like it's called like the Instagram culture, right we all are looking to just all of these aph MEAs sense from other people, and how exhausting.
Speaker 1: It's exhausting. Yeah, yeah, we Uh I'm in this, like, uh, I do some counseling and uh it's actually a place in Nashville called Rock House. If anybody needs that, they're great. But we were talking about like what why as an artist or or really like a lot of influencers nowadays, there's a lot of people, a lot of people in jobs that you receive a lot of glory from and so we were just kind of talking like how do you not receive that glory? And it's like, well, I think the only way to not receive glory from people and because what happens is you get glory from people and then that's all you look for, you know, you don't look for it. And uh, I saw like this, just like cup, this like tank, and I called it the glory tank, and I just wrote a note of it. And it's like if I go out there on stage, which I'm not saying I'm perfect by this by any means, like I'm guilty of it being half for or not even ful, But before I go out on stage or before you do anything where you're gonna receive glory, like if your glory tank isn't a hundred percent full from God, then people are gonna fiell whatever is left in that gap, even if it's ten percent, you know. So I just think before I go on stage, before I go do things, like I gotta spend time with the Lord, and I gotta feel like glory tank is evident and obvious. When I don't, you know, because then I start looking for like is this guy this guy looks like he's bored during the show. What the heck thing? It's a good show? Or like this guy's got his arms croused? Is he worried about me? And then you know the shows where the glory tank is full, I'm not looking for if Johnny down there doesn't think I'm country enough, or if Billy over there ain't ain't happy. But you know, it's like like we'd that's this is where I'm This is the connection here, not not here, and I get to entertain and like go out here and do this. So like I think part of that pressure is like making sure we do that for the fans, putting on a good show. But then you could I think you could tell when the glory is coming from the right place, from God, because then you're unable to accept that from anybody else.
Speaker 3: Right then it just doesn't matter. Yeah, I think that's so good. What an illustration the glory tank. Keep your glory tank full, keep all the other you know stuff out, the fake fuel. We don't get any of the fake fuel in there. I want to go back to what you were talking about a second ago about how you know, being on the road and how there's temptations on the road. There's it's easy to fall, you know, fall short and to give into those temptations. But keeping yourself grounded in your relationship with God, in your marriage, all of those things, when you're out on the road, when you're dealing with all of those things, how do you keep yourself anchored while you're going through all of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nat is a huge part of it.
Speaker 2: That's his wife.
Speaker 1: By the way, my life, Nat, we started praying out loud before we go to bed. Yeah, I started praying out loud over us. There's like occasional nights where I'm just exhausted and can't even hold my eyes open. Then she'll pray for us. But I pray nine I am percent of the time out loud for us every night. Because we also read the stat that couples that pray out loud for each other have like a one person divorce.
Speaker 2: Right, come on, somebody, we only need to start praying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, so I mean we pray. I pray out loud over us every night, which also praying out loud. Somebody also told me one time, like the devil hears that the enemy here is that you know that not that praying inside of your head is bad. But when you pray out loud and make it known like there's nothing, they hear it, you know, right, So, uh, probably praying out loud over our marriage, trying to surround ourselves with other like minded married couples, because it's very easy to not to just to let your kind of circle get broken. And uh, the fact, when you really feel with people who will hold you accountable, they don't care that you're out here doing this or doing this like and they say, hey, this is where I see you falling short. So I have a tight group of people who will call me out on my bs. That's what I call it. They got me, you know, they got me tight and covered, which has been helpful. And then uh, I've just the band that we have, like the road family we have has been just very carefully hand picked because it's a dark place and and I don't want to be out there with somebody who's I probably spend more time with the guys I do not time. So I don't want to be out there with guys that aren't like minded on the same wavelength. I'm not saying like you got to be a saint to come on the road with us. I'm just saying, like it just wouldn't be smart to go on a dark place and just have kind of dark, negative people all around all the time. I think there's a place to hang out with those people and like try to show the word and give the word. But I don't know if like surrounding it one hundred percent of the time, you know. Yeah, So I think probably like just surrounding myself with good people on the road, Like everybody in my band is just solid dudes, solid dudes, and they would call me out or they would have my back in a heartbeat. Yeah, And then just trying to stay in the word at least once a time, once a weekend on the road. I try to stay in it every day, but sometimes on the road is tough. But we try to get like a little Bible study going once a month on the road with the guys in the band. And I think between all those things combined just kind of keeps me grounded to the fullest, you know, for sure. And it's still tough.
Speaker 3: And I think what you're saying kind of just about surrounding yourself with people. I feel like there's somebody listening or watching this that that's a word for them, because it's just like sometimes when you're surrounded by and it could be a childhood friend that you've known.
Speaker 1: Forever, yeah you don't. Yeah, and for sure.
Speaker 3: God is trying to pluck them out of your life. And it's hard and it's difficult, and it's just like sometimes leaning into new community and leaning into people who are good for you.
Speaker 1: For sure, gosh differ. It's tough because you kind of feel weird, like you know, I'm loyal to a fault too, so but uh yeah, if you're listening to this and you're like a new artist and you're looking for a band, like take them to coffee. That's why I did. I took these guys a coffee and I was like, what are your You can tell? You know, if there's Jesus and somebody when from an hour of coffee, you know you could tell. Yeah, I mean even even if people can put like a thing on, like, you could tell. So take take your guys a coffee and get to know them because I feel like I learned so much about my guys in that hour of coffee or just hanging And also like NAT's the sermon's crazy. Nat can pick people out of mile aways. She's like, I don't ever need to be hanging out.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. I feel like a woman's deir serment period.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. And I could be like, no, it's fine, and she always is right.
Speaker 3: You know, listen, I'm just going to say this right now, Wait till she becomes a mom, because they just like magnified. But you're just like, oh, I think she's feeling sick. And then the mom's like, yeah, she has this, this, this, and this, and then we need to do this to make it better.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. I bet. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I want to talk sort of about you and not in marriage and kids coming, but first I want to talk about just since we're on the topic of being out on the road, I feel like we all have moments where God just like meets us in our mess and there's just moments in our life where you know you can't do it without anybody but Him. Yeah, can you remember specifically, just like maybe a moment out on the road or just end life specifically where you just you're like, man, I can't handle this on my own, Like this is just going to be something God helps me out of.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's been times though, where I've just been like, sometimes you can spend a lot of time on your phone out there, and I think on our first headline tour, I just got so consumed by you have like eight hours free day. I think my screen time was like ten or eleven hours a day, and I was just falling. I was like crashing hard, and I was like, God, I don't think you've called me to come out here and do this and sit on my phone all day and just scroll and compare myself and do this and this. And I remember like specifically just praying right there and then immediately just calm the storm. Yeah, you know, And there's plenty other times in my life where it's done that, but I feel like keeping him close out there is has been pretty that's beneficial.
Speaker 2: The only way to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think there was some statistic or study that was done that it's like twelve minutes of prayer a day can completely change your entire the way your brain like fires, like how the nerdons and things fire in your brain. And I think it's to a testament to what you're saying, like a little bit of prayer goes so so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he hears you. Yeah, especially in the valleys for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's dive into marriage. Yeah, relationship, kids coming, because this is exciting, not.
Speaker 2: Just one we're getting twins.
Speaker 3: I feel like when it comes to marriage, specifically, praying out loud, I think is such a great thing for people to do. Has there been other ways in your marriage where you're just like, this is how God keeps us on track, because you know, in marriage, we all fight, y'all have things that we don't agree with, and navigating those things, especially as a young couple, I think it's it's great to get those perspectives for those listening who maybe are new to marriage to or need a little bit of guidance on how to seek God together as a married couple.
Speaker 1: I think it started for me when I realized, like I wanted to be the spiritual leader of our household because Nat was always when me and Nat met, like, NAT's always been light years ahead of me because her mom, like miss Nancy just awesome. Yeah, and she just was raised so right, And so I think there was a little bit of catch up for us when we got married because I just wasn't probably where I should have been or needed to be. Spiritually when we first got married. So it's kind of been a fun like seeing how I can lead our family. It's been that's been a journey in a process of just like learning, Okay, I don't have to be no more Bible versus than that, you know, but I need to do this to lead her because at first I thought, like, you know, but I would say Natt is also very good about asking intentional questions, and I'm like, I could sit on a couch for four hours with her and watch a movie and that's cool with me, you know, but twenty minutes of just intentional conversation goes way longer further with her. You know, she wants intentionality. So I've learned intentionality. And then the biggest piece of advice I guess that I have is whenever you just feel so frustrated in marriage, like the immediate killer to that to like whether it's like anger, frustration or whatever, is just like serving you know, like even like I can't remember maybe a week or two ago, we just weren't like arguing, but we're just you know, you have days you're just not on the.
Speaker 2: Same It's like I don't want to be around you right now.
Speaker 1: It's on the same page, you know. And I was like, like, we have a gate at our house and we opened the clothes for the dogs in the front yard. So I was like, I'm just she was leaving. She just got to get I was like, I'm gonna go just shut the gate or open the gate for and shut it so she have to get out. And then that immediately just like takes away any whatever. You're like, Okay, I see I was wrong in the situation. I need to like apologize or you know. So I think serving like your your spouse is probably like an immediate like it's like an immediate advil for a headache. It just takes it away.
Speaker 2: That is so so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is one thing I feel like when you're in the moment, when you're in the heat of everything, Yeah, the last thing on your mind is what can I do to serve my spouse, you know, and what a what a good tool to use.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, and I'm still learning, you know, so like just if you're watching this, don't think that I've got to figure it out. I'm just figuring it out along the way.
Speaker 2: How long have you guys been married?
Speaker 1: Uh, two and a half years, okay, yeah, running on that.
Speaker 2: We're right in the honeymoon phase, crushing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been it's been so good and yeah we yeah so excited to be a dad. That that was a process. That's a whole story in itself, but yeah, it was so thankful.
Speaker 3: Yeah did you did you guys have trouble getting pregnant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we tried for I want to say, we tried for like eleven months, couldn't get pregnant. And Nat went to this like, I guess it's a holistic doctor, which sounds like a weird word. It wasn't like, yeah, it's not like it's not like a weird It's not like I thought that was like a weird juju thing or something. It's like, no, it's just natural somebody. So they just I'm sure and I wouldn't care if I said this, but she like they were just like he could do these like amino acid testing and look at her fingernails and say like, okay, from all my thing, I think you just have like flow this high this and then you might have like a candida infection, so let's tackle that, you know, And so put her on like a candy to diet and six weeks after that, like we got pregnant. But the funniest thing was is my biggest thing was if we're gonna use somebody like a doctor like that, because I wanted to. I was like, hey, let's just trust God in our time, you know. And then I got to thinking, well, some tis like you know, God places people down here as long as the credit's not just going to this, you know, we're not saying like this doctor is the reason we got pregnant, like, you know, God led us to this doctor, and God also gave this doctor a discernment and the knowledge that to help us in our situation. I think about that story where the the guy's like stuck on his roof you know, have you ever heard this? Yep? And he's like I sent you a boat, a helicopter and a thing like you know, sometimes God is not just gonna come down and exactly. So I think our biggest thing was like, hey, when we tell the story, like we want people to know like this was just fully God. You know, we just he helped us out with some pieces along the way that Yeah, so we got pregnant. But the funny thing is this whole pregnancy, are trying to get pregnant. Thing. Like I later realized that I was just praying for fertility every night and I wasn't like, Hey, God, give us a kid, a boy, girl, you know. And so I asked for fertility and God said, there you go, two of them we got. We got the Bible and get one free deal. You know. I love it, man.
Speaker 3: I gotta say though, because I my husband and I we struggled with infertility for like it was like a little over a year, yeah, after we had our first and those thoughts that start putting in especially I'm sure Nat went through that where you're just thinking, is there something wrong with me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are we going to be able to do this? And that's that's a tough walk with God too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a tough season for sure, especially because I've never seen Nat really like constantly upset about something and like I'm a fixture, Like I'm a like like if me and you were beefing, like I'm gonna try to fix it within five minutes, Like, Hey, what can I do to do this? You know, And there's nothing I can do in that situation except just pray that God, you know, God's timing and pray for patients, and yeah, when we found out we were in well, we were in Alaska and we went on this like excruciating hike, you know, and Nat crushed it. She was fine, and she's like, I don't really feel good, and she started like she's never not She's just the healthiest person. I know. That was why we also was were pretty confused about getting pregnant because now it's like insanely healthy, you know. But turned out it was like a lot of the fruit she was eating had like tons of sugars and the fruit itself. So that ended up yeah exactly, yeah, yeah, yeah, things I don't know knowledge enough about. But yeah, So we get home and it's like probably three am, four am, and we were like, you know, expecting to not to like not even need to do a pregnancy test. But then obviously, you know, we're all like she was late. So we're like, okay, well maybe the span is just different this month, and you know, maybe this is it. I was pretty I feel like I was pretty optimistic the whole time. But we got home it was like four am, and I'm eating like air fried chicken logans or chicken tenders in the kitchen, and we found out and we only had one pregnancy test and I was like, we're going to get more, and we're like, nowhere's open, so we like, I mean, we just like and jumped in joy. And Yeah. It was crazy. Ysh.
Speaker 3: It's such a crazy thing, that first pregnancy test where you're like, oh, I need like three more to confirm.
Speaker 1: Oh. I was like, babe, we're going right now. She's like doing it's four am, nowhere's open. Yeah.
Speaker 2: All had to sit with that one all night.
Speaker 1: I think when I fell asleep, she probably did for a minute, but she went at the head to be six am or seven am, and she went and got like three or four more and she was like, they're all pregnant.
Speaker 3: It is so sweet, and I just I love that story because it really is one of those things, especially as I mean as a married couple, as a unit, you're trying to lead and trying to diffuse. She's seeing a negative pregnancy test and her emotions are crazy and there's doubt and there's all of these things, and man, what a roller coaster.
Speaker 1: Onna It definitely was. And I know so many people that I've even gone through more than that, and it feels like going through more than that would I can't imagine. You know, you don't really think is your whole life. You're just taught rightfully, so before you're married, like you know, don't get pregant, don't get pregnant. So when you start trying to get preyed almost feels weird, weird, right yeah, yeah, yeah, but you spend your whole life like trying not to and then yeah, it's crazy. I don't know. God, it's such a blessing, I mean, and then to have like a double busting is just like, holy cow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, invite us into that room really quick when you guys are getting the ultrasound there.
Speaker 1: So we went into the to get the ultrasound, you know, and I mean I think we were so we were just like, please, dear God, just be a heartbeat, Just be a healthy heartbeat. That's all we care about, you know. And uh, I've never seen an ultrasound. I've seen them on movies.
Speaker 2: They're not nice and pretty.
Speaker 1: No, so they start like doing it, you know, and I look at the screen and I think like probably a split second before the nurse said anything, like I saw two little jellybean looking things and I was like, I like put my hand over my mouth and I was about to stand up and I was and she was like, oh, uh well, y'all knew there was two, right, Yeah, we just felt it and Natalie was like no. So I like jumped with joy, and I was very like nervous, but I was like, this is awesome. We tried so long for one and we got two. Like, let's go. So I'm like five inches from the TV screen standing up and I'm like, nat this is great. Like she's behind me, like this is great, this is awesome. I'm so excited we got two, you know. And I turn around and she's just like freaking out. I've never seen anybody actually hyperventilate before, man. So I facetimeed her mom and I was like, it's gonna be okay. Like there's two though, Like we're okay, and uh so we had just told all of our family our red Rocks were pregnant, so then we had to go back and call everybody and be like, hey, we're also having twins. And I wish we were a video in that moment, but yeah, she was like freaking out.
Speaker 3: Have you ever seen those videos where it's like the couple has a baby and then they surprised with the twin.
Speaker 1: They never said, I'm like, that's great, that's crazy because on NAT's seventeen weeks and she's already showing a ton like I don't know how you would hide having twins totally, which is sick. I think she's finally starting to feel them, like kick around and stuff like I can't feel them like feeling from the outside, but that she can feel him.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, I feel like pregnancy is such a gift from God where it's like if you go through out a pregnancy and then when you see childbirth like in the room, Yeah, I don't know how you can't believe in God. It's such a beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: I bet I'm excited. I feel like there's so many things I've said recently where you're like, how do you not see God in this? You know?
Speaker 3: And what a miracle to where He's like, I'm gonna give you a double portion. Don't even worry about it.
Speaker 1: Now. What we're worried about is like, Okay, if we go for another one, which we want, you know, probably four kids another said twins could be I don't know, let's see, man, I'm excited for you guys have you guys talked about sort of just leading kids.
Speaker 3: I know that seventeen weeks, you guys got a little bit of time left.
Speaker 1: But and that's all we've been talking about because I feel like we've been going through just some stuff in our marriage where we're like and we're constantly learning, like what do we want to teach our kids? What do like I want my kids specifically to see like vulnerability through me. Like I want them to see like, Okay, mom and dad like just had an argument, but they're they're talking about it and they're open, and they're like there's forgiveness and there's I want them to see like that cycle because sometimes it can be you can be like numb to it or you can just be like you don't see that all the time. So I want, I think I just want our kids to see like us being vulnerable and and feel like they can come to us. And Yeah, there's definitely things that we've already talked about, like what how do we want to lead our kids? How do we want what do they we want them to see? Because I know they pick everything up, you know, Yeah, so there's a lot of that already for sure.
Speaker 3: Well, if I can encourage you guys at all. I can say that having those conversations now is so huge. Yeah, and watching the fruit of seeing Jesus and your kids. I have a four year old and a one year old, and it's just so special when it's just like you're sitting down for dinner, yeah, and your four year old goes.
Speaker 2: Mommy, you forgot to pray. It's just like, you know what I did, thank you for the reminder, or.
Speaker 3: Just singing worship songs and just we have people in our family that are unbelievers. And to see my daughter like crawl up and be like, hey, did you know that God lives in my heart? And you're just like tearing up in the background and you're like, man, just that childlike faith. Yeah, And just having those conversations now, like that is so encouraging because it just it just gets better.
Speaker 2: It's so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like you have to prepare that. Yeah, you know for sure. Man.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm very excited for you guys. Congratulations. I always love hearing what God is teaching people lately, and I know you guys are walking into a complete new season. Is there something that God has been maybe teaching you recently? That's changing you guys, or changing your.
Speaker 1: Heart probably, Like my word for the year has been obedience, and so are obey. And that's been a thing itself, just because like you always hear, like the Holy Spirit, you have this discernment, like thankfully just at a spot in my faith where I do hear from the Lord, like I hear whenever it's time to make a decision, like I feel this thing, and typically whenever you obey like what the Lord's saying, or like when you just say yes to whatever the spear's saying or not to whatever it's saying, like you can. Really it's pretty it's probably the closest thing to immediate. Like it's not all the time immediate, but the last couple of things that I've seen have been pretty immediate. The Lord said this, I've done this, and this has happened. I know it's not always going to be like that, and there's probably seasons where you wait years to see the answer, you know. But I've just been learning to listen and like being in the words so much more, and journaling and like really not just reading but reading to like get something out of what I'm reading, and like look for what the Bible's saying when it says this, it's so easy to skip over so much good stuff. And I feel like you could read something so many times and not see it or get something different from it every time. But staying in the word. Started my day with the word. Because I'm not a morning person, but I've slowly I think the Lord has slowly started to prepare me because I've just been getting up a little earlier. And that might not would say the same because she's like an early earlier riser, like eight thirty for me's early.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's earlier. Yeah, but then when you have kids.
Speaker 1: Oh, I sleep it in. But it's it's crazy the trajectory of my days once I start in the word, and then when I don't, I'll get like halfway through my day and be like, why do I just feel like this? You know?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Why does this feel off? It's like, Oh, I didn't I didn't start this way this morning, or not even if you know, if you don't even read, if you just spend some time with God in the morning. Doesn't even have to be in the Bible, can be on the front porch with coffee, just talking to him or anything I can tell whenever I don't do that.
Speaker 3: It's it is that like tangible feeling of like equipping yourself for the day. Yeah, And I always think it's cool how God will use like say a devotional or just you open your Bible, you read something, and then something happens later that day and you go immediately back to that You're like, oh, that's why I read that today.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It just he's it's there, you know, like when you look forward, it's there. And you also can't listen if you're not trying to hear too, Like I've been learning that too, Like if I'm not listening to God, I'm not going to hear him, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, You're like God, where are you? And it's just like are your ears even open?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What are you doing at? Yeah? Right for sure.
Speaker 3: And I feel like there's just been this such move in the world lately, like over the last like six months, specifically for myself, I'm like, I want to memorize scripture, like I want to know Bible versus you know, because I always have been like, well, I'm just not equipped, like I don't have Bible like biblical knowledge, like I know stories and I know different verses and things like that. But I want to go to like Matthew and be like like, this is what you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean? Yeah, I have people like that in my life. I'm pretty jealous of You're like, how do you know that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's Mark. He's not here because he's not feeling well. But he's kind of like that biblical sword. I feel like sometimes or I'm like, remember that scripture? What does that say? And he can like fire it off and I'm like, that's the kind of knowledge that I desire from God. And I don't know that's what God's been teaching me is He's just like you can't.
Speaker 2: You just have to, You just have to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I feel like the more you read, like you might read like a whole passage and then just remember I was one verse. But then there's a conversation in two months where you're like, oh, thank god I read that two months ago. Oddly remember that Matthew five says this, Yeah, you know, I feel like it comes It's like learning guitar, like you learn wagon wheel and then you're like, oh, well this song also has a version of wagon wheel. Let me just twist it to that, Like, Okay, these chords work here and then this verse works here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's like I saw a wagon wheel and Joe like, let me go to Matthew.
Speaker 2: Wagon wheel's there too, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Well, I always like to kind of wrap things up with is seeing how you are, how your heart is, and how we can pray for you. Are there specific things that we can pray for you?
Speaker 1: Probably just I'm about to go into a season of like probably a slower season than I've been in the last four years, not well just just from the roads kind of tailing off, and then with the kids coming, like, we'll definitely take probably a couple of months off of that. I think they're doing uh March, but they'll probably come early with them being twins. So probably just for like in this season of like slowness, that I take advantage of that and really spend time with the Lord and really try to like deepen my faith because I feel like it'd be easy, Like I don't know the last time I had this much time off, So I definitely don't want it to be like a, oh, we're falling off or that ship's going down. It's like, no, I think we just need a little time with you. Know, to get ready to be parents and then to be parents for the first couple of months. So maybe I'll just take a lot of advantage of the next couple months coming up, and yeah, I can just be a good dad.
Speaker 3: Well, And I feel like too, like just knowing the crazy and chaos that ensues, and I feel like the world just specifically makes childbirth and parenthood look like this crazy chaotic thing we're ever gonna sleep again and blah blah blah. It is the most amazing journey. Yeah, I love being a mom, I love you know, our family, and I just I think that if I can encourage you guys in that take advantage of this slowness right before kids, because it does get chaotic. It's just like this organized chaos that you won't even know what the slowness was before. But just take advantage of this slow season because God will teach you so many things in it. But also like kind of like what a crazy blessing from God to give you this insanely slow season where.
Speaker 2: You can just be with your wife.
Speaker 3: You know, it's perfect, So excited for you. Yes, all right, Well I'm going to pray us out. Yeah, and we'll let you get out of here. Dear heavenly father. Lord, just thank you for this platform, thank you for speaking through us today and just glorifying your word. And we just we pray over this next season with Dylan and not that you would just allow them to take advantage of the slowness, that you would use this season to equip them to just be a unit together as husband and wife, but also to be a unit as parents. Lord, and that you would just give them discernment and wiz them and equip them with all of the knowledge that they need to get through childbirth and get to just one of the most amazing blessings that you could ever bless them with, these these beautiful little babies, Lord.
Speaker 2: And we just say thank you for them.
Speaker 3: We say thank you for the answered prayer, fertility, and we just we just glorify you in this season and just say we just ask that you bless Dylan and Natalie as they go into this next season and you just give them supernatural wisdom.
Speaker 2: Lord. We love you. Amen.
Speaker 3: Amen, Amen, thank you for coming again and redoing this episode that got deleted last time.
Speaker 1: We got it. I know