Speaker 1: It's nine O gene one oge with Jenny Garth and Tory spelling. Hello. Oh, I'm Jeers. I wasn't ready for Christmas. What the heck happened? All of a sudden, it's Christmas. It was a little triggering. I was not expecting that either.
Speaker 2: Nope, I didn't have my gifts. I didn't. I can't handle it.
Speaker 1: You're not ready.
Speaker 3: It's not even Christmas in July. It's Christmas in June. It's not right.
Speaker 4: I thought it was going to be a throwaway episode, like uh, you know a Christmas.
Speaker 1: Was no.
Speaker 4: I thought it was filled with juicy stuff.
Speaker 2: Okay, juicy, A lot of mall stuff. I appreciate them all.
Speaker 4: It was like actual real stuff in there.
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is that why I didn't like it? It was real feelings.
Speaker 4: I didn't like it. Did you not like it?
Speaker 2: It was too many feelings.
Speaker 1: I liked it better than last week?
Speaker 2: Same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's that. That's ah, there we go. I felt like it was good. I love, I love love loved seeing all the parents except for Jim and Cindy.
Speaker 4: Say something crazy on that. Yeah, your mom Jenny, m h, why did she look like extra amazing? Like am I like, I don't know if it was her products. Am I crazy? Like, all of a sudden, I was like, oh my god, she looks so young.
Speaker 1: It was her hair. Maybe her hair was a little longer. I don't know. I noticed. So she looked beautiful.
Speaker 3: No more frosted lids. She looked really beautiful. Yes, something late nineties now, Yes, But I loved it.
Speaker 1: I just love. I always love seeing Jackie and then oh my gosh, Jackie and Police together.
Speaker 4: Oh gold, Torri your mom on this show.
Speaker 2: She's had so many feelings, A terrible person. Jen help me.
Speaker 1: I will when it's time, I will help you. Okay, let's talk about Season seven, episode thirteen, Gift air December eighteenth, nineteen ninety six.
Speaker 3: Synopsis. A tensil Town Christmas kicks off with a not so secret Santa situation. Valerie tries to scrooge Kelly out of a nice gift, while Kelly receives a present she never knew she wanted. Meanwhile, Chancellor Arnold hits all the right keys with Steve's mom and forget roasting chestnuts. Felice is breaking jingle balls, and Donna has had enough Okay.
Speaker 1: It was directed by Kevin Inch written by Christine McCarthy.
Speaker 4: Is Christin McCarthy's Christine Elise, right, Yes it is? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Wait, find a dime for every time she does this.
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait, she has a different last name as a writer.
Speaker 4: When she talk about this already? Yeah, we've talked about it a lot of times. But it's okay, great, it's okay.
Speaker 1: You're welcome.
Speaker 4: Did you guys know am I?
Speaker 1: Is this correct that Steve's mom and Claire's dad irl were married?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: You knew that in real life?
Speaker 4: Yes? How come I didn't know that I was married in real life?
Speaker 1: Christine Belford and Nicholas Pryor.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did know that. I know Nicholas Pryor passed away, Yeah, he died last year. Who played samanthas Christine Belford? What's her age? She was married to him from July nineteen ninety three until October twenty twenty four. They were married for so long.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's oh, that's she's seventy six years old. Now, she's so awesome. Their chemistry obviously was so good. I was like, Wow, these guys are great together.
Speaker 2: They should be a thing.
Speaker 1: And the whole episode, I was like, why isn't anybody talking about the fact that it's Donna's birthday.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, But then I felt then they do. I felt bad saying that, but then they do.
Speaker 1: But like the whole lead up, it was only on the actual Christmas Day that anybody ever mentioned it.
Speaker 3: I know, welcome to my birthday being on Christmas every year.
Speaker 2: Suck on TV.
Speaker 1: Sorry if you guys, if you have a birthday on Christmas, Sorry, I know.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's a real thing for people.
Speaker 4: Yes, Oh it is Ryan Seacrest's Christmas Eve.
Speaker 1: That's a hard one.
Speaker 4: And it's like so even I'm like, happy Birthday and Merry Christmas, Like, oh, he just doesn't get the special like separation. Happy Christmas Eve, Happy Birthday.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: If you're pregnant with a baby, hold that baby in for just a day or two more.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, yeah, get past Christmas if you can.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was trying to think of valtlayers, other days that are kind of like, I mean, Halloween. If you're a kid, you're kind of like, oh, Talloween and it's my birthday. Valentine's Day would be fine, who cares? Thanksgiving? Even? Yeah, a couple of things really fast. I thought this episode was very juicy. But I have a question, and people are gonna be really mad about that question, but I have to have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good good.
Speaker 4: Does your sister ever come back again? Because I have no memory of it, and I apologize. I know people get upset.
Speaker 1: Amy, Do you know what's worse? I don't even know, absolutely no idea this ever happened in the show. Did she ever come back?
Speaker 2: Three times?
Speaker 4: As bad?
Speaker 2: I didn't remember either.
Speaker 1: You didn't remember either. No, I don't remember filming eye.
Speaker 3: Of this with really fresh eyes and no clue she's coming back.
Speaker 2: No, she's saying for a while, I don't think she ever comes back.
Speaker 1: If she does, I don't remember that either, which is terrible of me. It's my sister, for goodness sakes.
Speaker 2: She was real good.
Speaker 4: She does come back and meets Ryan and Austin Steve Sanders brothers.
Speaker 2: Oh, just like a filler. She comes back.
Speaker 4: She's last seen in graduation.
Speaker 2: Day per fier. So here we go two episodes?
Speaker 4: Three pardon me? Three episodes? She did three episodes? Oh my gosh, it was like they tried to make that happen but it didn't stick.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry, it didn't know I remember that. Why have I blocked that from my memory? One?
Speaker 4: Because it was three episodes. It's like insignificant and you have a whole sister, and like she never comes back again. It's just weird.
Speaker 1: It's so I don't remember any of this episode.
Speaker 4: Girl, though I was watching this.
Speaker 1: Thinking what was I going on in? What was going on in my personal life? That has caused me to not remember any of this episode.
Speaker 3: I don't remember it either, So I'm right with you. I don't remember filming one scene from this episode?
Speaker 4: Can we talk about the Blind Boys of Alabama? Very random? Very good? Very good? But an interesting choice.
Speaker 1: And interesting choice for the peep out?
Speaker 4: What mall? Because I could see Macy's.
Speaker 1: It is the shopping mall, Macy's Plaza, seven hundred South Flower Street, Downtown. When did we ever film downtown at the mall? That mall did not look familiar, Like I was like that, that's not Sherman Oaks.
Speaker 4: And the Salvation Army Lady is famous. The Salvation Army Lady is definitely famous.
Speaker 1: In a million.
Speaker 4: Crawford Brown hap, yeah, Crawford.
Speaker 1: Check out her resume. It is ex It's gonna be insane. She passed away But what a body of work she had. What a great character actress.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, she lived to be ninety. Good for her twenty nine to nineteen. I did some fast menopausemat though, but I think that equals ninety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: She did a million shows.
Speaker 1: Like what it did?
Speaker 4: What do you guys want to talk about?
Speaker 2: First?
Speaker 4: We start? Yeah, your sister. Let's just start with your sister.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 4: She's a cute girl. Kelly gets a sister for Christmas. Weird that Jackie knew? Was that weird? That was weird for me a little bit?
Speaker 1: Like why didn't Jackie tell Kelly? Like we never found out, like why she didn't tell her? We just found out that she didn't tell her.
Speaker 4: She didn't want to hurt her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I understandd that kind of it was a kind thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, put it on your mom shoes, Like, would you, as a mom never tell your kid that they had a blood sister somewhere? No?
Speaker 4: Actually, I mean, but it happens all the time. But people discover their siblings all the time, like that.
Speaker 3: Maybe she wanted to tell you. She was waiting for you to get older than you were going through a lot, and then she just never did and then it got beyond her.
Speaker 1: And maybe it just hurt Jackie too much to even like want to talk about. True, because that's pretty painful.
Speaker 4: Your dad should have told you.
Speaker 1: But then, but then the dad, what's his name, mister Taylor, Taylor, mister Taylor did not. He wasn't there for that family either, So.
Speaker 4: Where was he?
Speaker 1: Then? When they say that, they're like, maybe you have a whole other family.
Speaker 4: But he's got money, so he was working too. He was working. He's got money that has to come from somewhere, so maybe he travels for his work.
Speaker 2: We don't know what he does for a living.
Speaker 1: No, listen, if I don't remember that she had a sister, then I doubt I remember what her dad did.
Speaker 4: He was involved in money investing and made money through fraud and embezzlement, leading to his brief imprisonment. He also was addicted to cocaine. What what I'm just letting you know.
Speaker 2: Wait, have we seen the World Show?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: And are we going to see it?
Speaker 4: Obviously if the Internet was about it, we see it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, these these things, these things that I've balked.
Speaker 4: Wow, as Kelly's college graduation approached, Bill came into town. Whoa guess who's tied to it?
Speaker 1: Valerie.
Speaker 4: Valerie's got some drama.
Speaker 1: Because it's I was just about to ask she loves Is that her dad too?
Speaker 2: Fraud?
Speaker 4: It's happening. So there will be a time when Bill Taylor comes and Joy Taylor and uh, he's going to get arrested soon. This season too much.
Speaker 1: Drama for this mama.
Speaker 4: He got time off for good behavior and he comes back. Wow, all right, well.
Speaker 1: Kelly, do any of this Is that a thing? Can you get time off for good behavior?
Speaker 4: I guess I think you get out? Oh my god, Crazily, there is a twist, and this is coming back.
Speaker 1: I can't Valerie's mom.
Speaker 4: Valerie's mom comes, that is coming back to me. Well, we'll just wait and see.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned, we'll seem.
Speaker 4: Back on Joy Taylor. She's cute, she's cute, she's sweet. She could have been bitter too, and she was pretty nice. So she's from where? Does she say?
Speaker 1: She's from Mexico City? And then Kelly says, but you don't have an accent. That was uncomfort It's like, oh, does that mean she has to have an.
Speaker 3: Accent, you know that was written in. Someone was like, we got to make sure they understand this.
Speaker 4: But she did have a like the actress.
Speaker 1: Who played her had a very articulated way of speaking. What's the word like?
Speaker 4: She enunciated very well.
Speaker 2: Phonics, that's clear, very like she's like Madonna.
Speaker 4: Now they say that Kelly Clarkson can enunciate like better than anyone, and that's why she's such a good singer, because you can just hear all the words Crystal Clear.
Speaker 1: I love the way you're talking right now.
Speaker 4: Keep doing it.
Speaker 2: I need some lessons and nunciation.
Speaker 4: Do you ever hear something though? We're like sometimes I hear a song and it just sounds like this to my ears. Understand the thing? Oh, I did the weirdest thing then. So someone was talking about a song by LOWERD and I could not understand one word. It just sounded like well, But then I got the lyrics out look and I read it while I listened, and then every word was clear. It was the weird it's the weirdest thing. Try that at home because it is so weird. I was like, no, I can't hear every word. On Spotify.
Speaker 1: You can get the lyrics now, so you can read while they're singing.
Speaker 4: And suddenly you can understand it.
Speaker 2: So it's true once you hear it.
Speaker 3: You know how when you were younger and or now, you hear a song and you're singing it and people are like, what did you just say?
Speaker 2: And you're totally singing the wrong?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, oh good, like a doude, you know, roller in the night. That's what I thought that So.
Speaker 4: Was my close young tone of damns us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god, so good, so good. I make up words all the time, just make them up. Who cares?
Speaker 4: Beg's are hard to understand? Sometimes begs they are?
Speaker 1: That's that that high falsetto wait? I need you to sing it, Lorraine, I don't know it.
Speaker 3: Look would you want every time you go, oh, you've take a piece with you?
Speaker 4: Who didn't understand that song?
Speaker 1: I thought it was you take a piece of meat with you.
Speaker 4: My dad used to think, you know, in the Pledge of Allegiance for Richard stands and my dad was like, this is Richard. It's easy to do. It's for which it stands. But my dad was like, who's Richard?
Speaker 1: Have you guys not noticed this? And I've started doing this too, the kids these days.
Speaker 4: They don't.
Speaker 1: They say I'm about to, like they don't say that I am about to.
Speaker 4: They say about to too.
Speaker 1: I'm about to.
Speaker 4: I'm guilty of one of those. I'm guilty of one of those, and I every time I do it, I cry inside when I want to say remember, but I say remember when. Oh that's so come on, Like I can't just add rob. I'm too tired to say.
Speaker 5: Ruh, Okay.
Speaker 1: So Kelly's sister, Kelly's mad, It's over and everybody's happy. There, end of story. Nothing like, there's no conflict in there. It's just Kelly's mad at the mom for a Jackie for not telling her.
Speaker 4: But then they make up. He was quick, a lot of quick makeup sense. Well it's Christmas, Yeah, I mean, I can't wait to talk about your mom toy because she's let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Donna and Felice Martin. Because she's actually like what she is rude. She's always rude, you guys. She needs a filter, she liked she have some sort of mental problem that she doesn't have a filter. You know some people have that, like I know people in my family.
Speaker 4: I think she's intentionally awful, Like, it's not like she's slipping up, she's intentionally ainted and why so like rude on the religion. It's just it's really that.
Speaker 1: Like her rights and wrongs should be everybody's judge. Judge you much.
Speaker 3: And she has such a nice husband and such a nice daughters.
Speaker 2: There must be something good about her.
Speaker 1: Well, David tells his dad Mel Silver's back that he's been having a hard time handling Donna's mom. Duh, So Mel, let me have them over for dinner all together. I'm sure that'll help things. Maw mail Mel.
Speaker 4: When did they move to the condo? When did they get back together? That I kind of remember.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't remember they've been back together for I love how she calls it out. We're not married. We got married, then we got divorced, and now we're living in sin.
Speaker 2: This episode is a little bit of like a metaverse. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was like a different universe where everything was okay.
Speaker 1: I think, good for them. They they're doing it their way and.
Speaker 4: They got that sweet nineties condo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, check that out. No, No, you know, stuff to handle about the house. What's that?
Speaker 4: I remember when she sold the house. We remember that.
Speaker 3: Do you think there was any interest like after this episode where they were like, we could do a spin off with the parents.
Speaker 4: No, No, I think they wanted the young people. Remember when they were gonna try and do that young people spin off.
Speaker 3: I know, but in hindsight looking at them, I'm like, no, it could have been like the Golden Girls nine two to one old.
Speaker 4: I feel like that's Dynasty. I feel like your dad did that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're not chak enough.
Speaker 1: And then Felice blames them because of their relationship and challenges. She blames him for David being a little mixed up, like.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's just she, she's hideous. I'm sorry, she.
Speaker 1: Is so bad, But Donna is not having it.
Speaker 4: They've made her as bad as you can be, Like, really and truly, they don't anti very little redeeming things about the Lae other than doctor Martin, he is great.
Speaker 3: Why sorry, I'm gonna go here. Why do you think they've made Donna's mom such a villain?
Speaker 4: Oh that's such a good question, because you're so sweet.
Speaker 3: That's a great not redeemable for one of the main cast members, Like her mother really isn't redeemable?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's very uncomfy. At the dinner party.
Speaker 4: Donna forgives her a lot. Sorry, I know I'm jumping to the you know, pea pad. But by the way, did I tell you guys this? You know it says pea pad at the pea pad? No, yes, I'm sorry. I forgot to tell you this last week. There is a thing on the wall that says pea pad. In the pea pad. I think it says pea pat and it's maybe it says bathroom this way or pepe It actually says pee pat.
Speaker 1: You have to show us get a shot of.
Speaker 2: That for the restrooms.
Speaker 1: I thought it was just me that.
Speaker 2: I know, I was so proud of you.
Speaker 1: I know I was so clever, But I guess it was just like something I read on the wall and then blocked for years.
Speaker 2: Like this episode that we don't know.
Speaker 4: Back to Felice. Yeah, Donna, I love it when you say.
Speaker 1: Donna tells her she just wants her to go away. Ouch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is it uncomfortable to watch that those scenes? Torri, Like you're like playing the daughter who loves her mom, but also the mom is so awful.
Speaker 3: I it was hard, Yeah, it was hard to watch, just because I felt I felt really bad for Donna, Like, I'm my god, she's really effed up over this, Like this woman, does it get better? Does she get better? I don't remember her getting better of your life.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just feel like at the end, when you go over and sit with them at the peapad and you hug her and then you like, you know, lay your little head on her chest, it just feels so dysfunctional.
Speaker 3: Sweet she said, if you don't see your dad, it's going to break his heart. If Donna does go over there, why doesn't she go over there and hug her dad? Right?
Speaker 4: I guess I don't think it means more to the dad that those two get along. I don't know why the dad stays with theolice.
Speaker 2: Or never said never said him he had and out.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, she's just so embarrassing and mean.
Speaker 1: But I am getting, like right now, getting the like why Donna acts the way she acts in relationships when it's not She's maybe getting that from seeing her dad stay with such.
Speaker 4: A Jenny that is a real ah. She sees that that's what you do in relationships.
Speaker 3: You stay someone, you stay, you love them all their terrible flaws.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, whoa how do you unlearn that?
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna talk to my therapist about this tomorrow morning.
Speaker 4: I would this is the meanest we've ever seen police. I think she just was consistently awful the whole episode. And then it's like, why doesn't my daughter want to sit with me?
Speaker 1: What Lorraine says? The reason that the dad stays with her is because it's cheaper to keep her.
Speaker 4: Because he's.
Speaker 1: A divorce Maybe she's the one with the money. Who knows.
Speaker 4: No, He's a world renowned heart surgeon.
Speaker 1: World renowned.
Speaker 4: In my opinion, he's the best in Beverly Hills. He mixed Cameron Bancroft. God, sometimes I miss Cameron Bancroft, do you yeah? Like he was a great character and then just beep gone.
Speaker 1: He was boring. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I didn't find him boring. I found him cute.
Speaker 1: He's too nice.
Speaker 4: What do we think of David and Donna right now?
Speaker 1: Well, it's like a three sixty. David has no probably Jenny or whatever, I go all the way.
Speaker 2: I don't do math. I was with you, I believe.
Speaker 1: Wait, are you sure that's the expression he did?
Speaker 4: If you did a three sixty. You're just back where you were. If you want to be the opposite, you do a one eighty.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I prefer going three sixty, but you do you. But it's just like he doesn't have any problems. Now he's all better, and then he's just water concerned. But yeah, he's over all of his addictions and mental care of everybody else, and now he's worried about other people. Yeah, if he doesn't do the work you guys, I know, I know. Just good.
Speaker 4: We've got some big juicy stuff coming though, Tory that I know you've been excited about.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: What are you excited about? It's almost like you're getting Jenny's storylines for a minute. What's happening? I know you'll see Ken, guess what what?
Speaker 2: I'm getting a stalker.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm getting so happy for you.
Speaker 2: I know, I know all those years are so jealous. You had so many stalkers.
Speaker 4: Slash of Pain in the Butt. Watching it on DVD, it's like, you know, the next like bunch of episodes we have, like is this episode thirteen? I think so thirteen, fourteen, fifteen or all DVDs? Oh so crazy.
Speaker 1: I know, so the people listening to our podcast cannot watch it on.
Speaker 4: D but a lot of people complain that they sort of give up because, yeah, they don't want to get their old because the problem with DVD is nobody has a DVD player plays their TV. So I'm watching it on a screen, like, yay, big maka.
Speaker 1: You know how you sent us the link to it? Can we send them the link?
Speaker 4: I think that seems like copyright infringement.
Speaker 1: Oh what's It's just a shit.
Speaker 2: It's like the dark Web.
Speaker 4: And the problem is too when you're watching it on like a DVD. It's like last night, I just was standing there because I propped it up on my dresser and was just standing watching it, and I'm like, this is.
Speaker 2: Are you eating?
Speaker 4: I actually wasn't eating. I was folding laundry, but I was like, this is not as enjoyable as like laying back in my bed with my pasta and three hers. She kisses because that's kind of what I like.
Speaker 1: Fasta wait, wait are they together? You put the kisses? No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, of course that would be interesting. You eat your pasta, which I don't typically have bolonnais because I don't know how to make it so. It's like I have to have bend somewhere where they had delicious bowonnaise and then three her she kisses are the dessert, the after treat always three. Yeah, I mean six is way too many.
Speaker 2: Does it need to be an odd number?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I mean two is too little?
Speaker 1: Four? Four yeah, three is really the best number.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Three is a good sold number. Yeah, and I am really that's my treat right now?
Speaker 1: Should we talk about the secret Santa minus the secret?
Speaker 3: Well? I have one more question. Are David and Donna staying together for a bit? I don't You'll see, I didn't remember this reunion throughout the ten seasons like this get back together?
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 4: Can we talk about really quick the Nutrogena ad? Just really quick? I love it. I love everything about it.
Speaker 1: Came you explain this to people that don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: There's an ad going around right now where Donna and David. It's where Donna sort of proposes and then David proposes.
Speaker 1: Do I have that right, Tori?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: And they're like, if you remember this scene, then you need you know Nutrigen.
Speaker 2: It's time for new Regina. Like age, does.
Speaker 4: It take you back immediate. How do you see this?
Speaker 1: This what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: It's just all over televison.
Speaker 1: It's a commercial on TV, on the internet.
Speaker 4: Every where, it's everywhere, streaming television everywhere. I think the point is well taken too, that you're like, if you remember this, get out the cream, Get out the cream.
Speaker 3: But wait, can you tell me, you guys, why David and Donner together right now? I don't remember them reuniting at this point.
Speaker 4: Well, because you kept saving him, right, so you go to Vegas and save him. You continually save him, and so you trauma bonded. Yeah, and then now.
Speaker 1: You're back are they Are they staying together or are they no?
Speaker 2: Because I have more diferends coming.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not permanently. Remember you reunited to when you were making the videos and then you were like then that fell apart videos.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Part of me is just not buying. I guess that right now she would be so into him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because after everything.
Speaker 4: I questioned that last night, But then I thought they have so much history. When you have so much history, you can just go.
Speaker 1: Back right back into it, can you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think you can.
Speaker 1: Are you for a friend?
Speaker 2: I just think like.
Speaker 3: I guess in the general sense, if I didn't remember Donn and David getting back together so many times over the ten years, I guess for me, what is stamped into my brain is them being together. She caught him cheating, they break up, and they get back together season eight when she was to her virginity, and then they're apart, and then they get married.
Speaker 2: So that's it. I don't remember these little ones.
Speaker 4: There were a lot. That's why that you're such an iconic couple because it was throughout the whole ten years.
Speaker 3: I understand, and the and the little kids.
Speaker 1: You know, you're the young ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you marry your high school sweetheart. Can we talk about something that I almost called Susan? Can we talk about Brandon and Terrace?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 4: What's going on there? What's happening?
Speaker 1: Is he not into her? Or is he and he?
Speaker 4: Are they very unbrandon of him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very He would be eating her face by the second episode there together.
Speaker 3: Does he give a reason why he's waiting? I know he tells Steve when he's ready, but like, why isn't he ready?
Speaker 4: He's always giving her the packs, the weird like pecks.
Speaker 1: I want to know. I want to know more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are they dating?
Speaker 4: Yes, they're like rightly dating.
Speaker 1: The kissing.
Speaker 4: Like it was weird.
Speaker 1: He didn't know what to buy her and she didn't know what to buy him. She got him a pin and he got her a jewelry or something.
Speaker 2: I don't remember being this not into this storyline.
Speaker 1: He was really struggling to find this gift too. He was in the mall for hours.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about every gift. Number one, the Angora sweater. It's like, okay, first of all, she didn't need to return it, she could just wear herself. Then let's do them first. The journals.
Speaker 1: Journals what you know what that didn't look like a journal.
Speaker 4: It looked like a notebook.
Speaker 1: It looked like one of those like you know, remember when you had a day plan day planner, day planner with every day of the year in it.
Speaker 2: Where are those journals?
Speaker 4: So then Wolfgang Puck book signed, and then Nat gave Steve a book.
Speaker 1: What book about them?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Well, uh, that's the saurus the saurus, thank you. Then there was a lot of concert tickets, so one person got tickets.
Speaker 3: To the Monkeys gives David two tickets to the Monkey's Reunion show. Why why are they going to be on the show.
Speaker 4: I don't know. And then somebody got tickets to like an art museum or something.
Speaker 3: Donna gives cleared tickets to see a French impressionist exhibit.
Speaker 4: What did David get?
Speaker 1: David got the monkey's tickets.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, and he gives Joana handkerchief.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, which I would probably like to get.
Speaker 2: Like when about fashion groundbreaking like this, I'm.
Speaker 4: So I was happy they didn't use the fake TV wrapping though, you actually were unmanaping, Like that was cool, that was cool. Fast, get it done, you know, some director was like, get it done.
Speaker 2: Ask Christine about this episode.
Speaker 4: She wrote it well though, because it's not boring, it's juicy, there's actual meat in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should ask her, like what was the process?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do they you bring them an idea or do they come to you and say we need you to write a Christmas episode? How did it work? And why did these gifts? Why were these gifts? Say?
Speaker 4: She got to pick all that.
Speaker 1: Then they all head to the peach pit after dark to see Clarence Fountain and the Blind Boys of Alabama.
Speaker 4: Which they were great, great and great.
Speaker 2: I was very confused, but.
Speaker 4: It was just like only those two songs. And I have to watch this on a small DVD. Do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: When did the peach Wood get a window that we look through?
Speaker 4: That's a window?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? A window?
Speaker 3: And is it the first scene where there they do the gift they like hand from outside we see the gang at their booth. They're always at through a window and it's spray painted.
Speaker 1: Christmas when you're picking the I think that's always there, that window, Are you sure?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Because remember when we did BH nine or two on OO and recreated the set. Yes, that window was there with the blinds drawn.
Speaker 2: Interesting, but oh the blinds are usually drawn.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't know if that's may and we see throughout that window.
Speaker 4: We don't know how many people go out on Christmas? By the way, Like is the peach pad gonna be?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not leaving my house on Christmas.
Speaker 4: That I'm like, I don't even know if the peach bit would open on Christmas? Maybe maybe, But the peach pit after dark was this David's like, you know, they congratulated this great idea and like the Blind Boys of Alabama are really available that day.
Speaker 2: I'd be really expensive.
Speaker 1: The Blind Boys of Alabama were very decorated. You know, they had a lot of accomplishments. Where's the baby, you guys, it's in that carry case thing, isn't there? I saw the head of what could have been a baby.
Speaker 2: You did okay? Good?
Speaker 1: And I heard at more point okay. But then they take the kid to the peapad and you don't see it in there. It's very it looks like an empty thing.
Speaker 3: Waity's first Christmas. They're at the peapad, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: And where's the baby?
Speaker 1: When Joan is working? Like she brings in the water while they're eating.
Speaker 2: Right, That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Very confused, very confused.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 1: Though, Mark Reese wasn't in this episode?
Speaker 4: No, and I'm wondering he only has what one more?
Speaker 1: He has one more episode apparently? Yeah, next episode and that is his last?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You were done with him? You're ready to get rid of him for sure.
Speaker 1: I guess they needed a beat to like figure out how they.
Speaker 4: Were going to get rid of him.
Speaker 3: Do you think Kelly and Mark exchanged gifts before he left on vacation, and if so, what did you what did you get him?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: Did they call out that he's out of town?
Speaker 2: Yes, he went to the Caribbean, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe Kelly got him a towel set to matches. She is perfect.
Speaker 4: I like that kitchen appliances he got her some like lingerie, serving spoons, a bread maker. Oh, that that'd been good. Actually ad maker. So overall, what am I going to think about this episode?
Speaker 1: Wait, we didn't talk about val and the lady at the at the mall.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh. They really just said we got this sort of famous actress and we're going to use her in a lot of scenes because it's so rammed.
Speaker 3: She was very good at playing that bell thing, though, I know, I just thought it was going to be more. I was gonna lead somewhere else, I don't know, touched by an angel, I don't know. Yeah, got The more we talk about this episode, the more I'm like more or less, you guys like, I'm really it's it's it's.
Speaker 1: Well, it was Christmas, come on and your birthday. So what's weird is I was going to kept a nine.
Speaker 4: I actually think it. I know I do.
Speaker 1: Why based on what just Christmas?
Speaker 4: All of it A lot happens in this Like Samantha Sanders, by the way she calls him Arnold. Is his name Arnold Arnold.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's Arnold, Chancellor's Chancellor Arnold Arnold, Arnold Arnold, or she's just like, hey, Arnold, it's hard to say Arnold.
Speaker 4: It's kind of Milton Arnold, but Milton Arnold. So maybe he's Arnold Milton Arnold.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, this is the most bizarre episode now that we're really talking about it, Like I do they stay together?
Speaker 1: Is this like something that's like a thing moving forward that those two characters soon though?
Speaker 4: Right? I leave at the end of this episode, I mean sorry, not episode season The Arnold's leave both Arnold Chancellor. Arnold gets another job, and Claire goes with him.
Speaker 1: So I'm just saying I'm glad she goes with him. I'm not glad that she leaves, but I'm glad that she goes with him because he's so cute and sweet and he needs her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he was so nervous about Samantha Sanders.
Speaker 2: He's so cute.
Speaker 1: I really think he's cute. He's adorable.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I feel to nine because it was chock full of good stuff. I'm gonna say nine. It's Christmas and happy birthday.
Speaker 2: Donna happy.
Speaker 1: I'm not no really like they gave her a charm bracelet, like that's sweet, and Nail got her charm, but nobody's like I got you this charm because of this.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 1: I wanted to see what the charms were.
Speaker 4: That was cute though, that everybody got a charm. I agree that was cute. That was a cute.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's find that bracelet? Who has it?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh?
Speaker 4: Oh see that's the stuff that would have been good?
Speaker 1: You should?
Speaker 4: Well do you guys give it? If I'm giving it a nine, I'm scared.
Speaker 3: This is hard for me because Christine wrote it, so that is yeah, there was me off.
Speaker 2: It is very well written.
Speaker 3: It's not that, it's just maybe it was too much information I was given and I couldn't have fun with that episode?
Speaker 2: Could that be?
Speaker 1: Sure? Be what you give it?
Speaker 2: Seven and a half?
Speaker 1: You're a liar?
Speaker 4: Actually not terrible?
Speaker 1: How do you do that? Just lie straight to us?
Speaker 2: I looked down streams.
Speaker 4: What are you giving it? Jenny?
Speaker 1: You did you look down?
Speaker 4: I'm going to give it a six?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm going to give it a six point one.
Speaker 1: Then goes, I wanted more out of Christmas.
Speaker 4: I guess I'm in the christmaspirit. I thought it could have been real bad a Christmas episode, and this was not a very bad Christmas episode. Remember the plane one where the plane had a problem and it was just flashback, flashback, flashback.
Speaker 3: Oh no, this was one of the though this should have been an episode we would have remembered because we all loved working together when it was a lot of group scenes, which was this episode.
Speaker 2: But we have no memory of this episode.
Speaker 1: Weird, weird, weird, weird, so weird. When do you think we filmed.
Speaker 4: This in October?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of ninety six. It's still nineteen ninety six. I mean it's almost nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 1: My goodness, that's exciting.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, everything's wrapped up all neat.
Speaker 4: What's next week?
Speaker 1: Next week is jobbed?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Job Yeah?
Speaker 1: Season episode fourteen, jobbed?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 1: Even me? Is that even a word?
Speaker 2: Can we get a hint?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to give you a hint.
Speaker 2: Taste?
Speaker 4: Is jobbed a word? Valerie is surprised when Tom Miller, a high school friend from Buffalo comes for a visit and wants a job. Brandon and Mark have applied for the same prestigious scholarship. It's a competition.
Speaker 2: God wow, all.
Speaker 3: Right, it seems like a regular old same same, No you guys, Yeah, it's a lot of the same scoring directly though. There you go, something excited, right, Yeah, I have not seen it. Give it the benefit of the whole new ball game.
Speaker 4: Okay, I've open jobbed. Can't wait to talk about it. They too, have a great week.
Speaker 1: Everybody, Love you day bye guys.
Speaker 3: Hi