Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look now at some stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Rich Levens with Stephen Carroll, and we're joined by Bloomberg's Breaking news editor Luise Moon. Luis, thanks for joining us. SAP had some pretty good earnings overnight. Tell us a bit more about what investors are reacting to today.
Speaker 1: Indeed, this is their second quarter earnings and positive reactions to this, so the focus being on their better than expected sales for their cloud products. So SAP has been pushing customers essentially to upgrade systems at a faster pace, adopt their AI products, and this seems to be paying off. So shares roads today about six percent roughly in Frankfurt, which is a good boost given that so far they see if they've fallen about thirty five percent, that was all on those concerns over AI, so that their advances and AI wouldn't being picked up fast enough and they would fall behind. So those better cloud sales seem like they're easing investor concern, so analysts are saying they do still have some catching up to do against competitors to make their AI story a bit more compelling.
Speaker 3: But this strong growth in cloud products.
Speaker 1: Is a good sign, so boosting shares in trading in Germany this morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, so that's an sap. Let's go to Santa Finex acting the development of a new exema drug.
Speaker 1: Indeed, yeah, so they're ending the clinical development. This is for a type of dermatitis, essentially saying that the eficacy and the safety evidence in what was a late stage trial doesn't support further developments. They're not going to submit it for regulatory review. And this is a relatively big deal. Bloomberg Intelligence had estimated that the sales potential of this drug could be up to about five billion US dollars, so shares falling on the back of that for about one point two percent this year, and then in the wider context of the whole company, it's quite a blow to the relatively new CEO. So she's been trying to essentially get new drivers of revenue like this drug before their top selling drug patent expires, which is in twenty thirty one. So she's been trying to kind of beef up their pipeline in expectation of that happening. So this is putting more or puts more pressure on her unless is saying, you know, it leaves the company without many late stage assets, intensified that need for that pipeline to be built out more and also therefore potentially raises the pressure on her to pursue a more of an M and a approach, so more deals. So what we can be an id to see if that happens. But yeah, shares down on that news this morning, and.
Speaker 3: They're also seeing Gainesparcadis what's been going on there.
Speaker 1: So they've been approached for a second time to be bought. Circadis is a consulting and engineering firm based in Amsterdam. They've got a second unsisted bid from a Canadian pier so they're called WSP Global. That would value Ourcadis at four point seven billion euros. So it's a big potential amine deal if that weren't happen. They've previously rejected a lower offer. They said that it doesn't reflect the value their strategy, their vision for the future. So shares rising this morning twelve percent, so that's the most since late April for Arcadis. They're saying that they're still highly confident in their strategy, their outlook, So we'll have to see if and when this potentially comes through, if there's higher bids, changes of bids or yeah, or the keep and eye see if there's any emine action with that.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.