Speaker 1: Kubbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 3: In the a.
Speaker 1: Everywhere The Fifth Hour with Me, Big Ben and Danny g Radio. Happy Sunday to you, the twenty eighth day of the month of July, the final Sunday of July, and a very important day today because later tonight this night will be different than all other nights on the Overnight Show. It is the return of the Malor PALOOZAO.
Speaker 3: Nice graphics on that. By the way, who did that?
Speaker 1: My friend Jay actually did that. He put that together for him. Shout out to I want to thank Jay. But the elephant standing on a ball not the kind of balls I like. So if you've never heard the Mallard Palooza, it is a stable. Normally we do it on the All Star Break of baseball. But I was out of town, so we couldn't do it then. And this is the This is the night, This is the night. It is a combination talent show, variety show, freak shows, side show. It's if you're old enough. There used to be this guy named David Letterman who was very popular on television when I was a kid. He did these things. He did stupid ted tricks and stupid human tricks. Who nice going CBS. Yeah, I don't I don't know what happened to him, but this is a form of stupid human tricks. It's like a circus side show. And we have people that will call up and do poetry and doing personations and sing and all that, and very excited about this. Inca Terror is going to be back as one of our celebrity He is our main celebrity judge. He's a classically trained musician from New York and we love Inka Terror. We get to see him. He will not be in studio we have had him in studio, but he will be hanging out with us and we're gonna have a great time. And so it's kind of like the demolition Derby of talent shows. Well, I don't know if they will have a human torpedo or who knows, but that's tonight, so we're looking forward to it. Hopefully you'll enjoy it, but we'll be there. And if you want to be in on that, you know you want to lay on a bed of nails. That doesn't really work for radio? What else beer? Remember that the bee bearding person that used to be big in the freak shows back in the day, Like, these acts won't really work. Glass walking won't work, human blockhead probably not so much. Fire breathing wouldn't really work on radio. But anyway, we'll have all that coming up for you tonight on the mallor Palosa. We'll get to the mail back in a second. There was a couple other stories we didn't get to yesterday from pop Goes to culture, so I wanted to get to some of those, Danny, because there's some good stuff this week, and I thought, well why not? Why not? This relates to last weekend with Alex the vegan who went full conspiracy theory guy. The scientists have detected a very odd source of electricity at the very bottom of the ocean. Do do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do Do do doo.
Speaker 3: It was a family of tritons.
Speaker 1: I consider myself a reasonable moment the kraken released the cracking. No, it's for a long time the belief men that organisms like plants and algae have that they are producers, the original producers of aucyen. Well, now researchers have discovered evidence of a natural O two factory that needs neither the sun nor the life forms to harness its power o MG. The source is a chemical reaction taking place in rocks lying on the very bottom part the lightest of the sea floor, thousands of feet below the service there's no light there of the Pacific Ocean and releasing what the researchers have dubbed dark oxygen Man. These findings recently published in a science journal, and it is destroying the long standing belief, the assumption about how oxygen first came a thing in the Earth's atmosphere, and the science community is saying this is gonna have drastic implications on the origins of life on the planet. But that one very bottom of the Pacific because back to our conspiracy that the UFOs were seeing were actually at the bottom of the ocean.
Speaker 3: What a weekend man flying cars And now this.
Speaker 1: These are crazy times. Man China detected water in samples that collected from the moon. There's water on the moon.
Speaker 3: The only crazier thing I've seen recently were the fake cans on Biden during that space Did you see that the young hands with no ring I were saying that movie, Dave, remember where the real president of the USA was in a coma, so they had to look alike play the part.
Speaker 1: I get it, America, I'm tired. Let make al Pacino look like Timothy fucking shallow. Man X told me that he was dead. I read that on X the other day, and then he showed up. But then the other thing I saw was he actually recorded that. Whoever did that recorded it two hours earlier because his watch was set. They didn't change his watch. His watch was set two hours earlier at the White House.
Speaker 3: Oh so, lots of conspiracies.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know whatever the fuck that means. Well, I like this story. Amazon spent billions of dollars to put together Alexa. Do you use Alexa?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, I don't either. But the whole point of it was, Hey, we're gonna build this thing. And this is ten years ago. They launched it, and they envisioned that the voice assist Alexa, which is a home device, would sell more products and they would make so much money because people say, hey, Alexa, buy me donuts or something, right, and they'd be okay. Well, it turns out that this is according to the Wall Street Journal. I saw this the other day, the people that actually use Alexa have mostly ended up using it to do simple tasks like check the time or sit an alarm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, turn the lights on or off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And apparently this is freaking out the people that work at Amazon because they spent billions of dollars thinking they were going to get return on investment.
Speaker 3: Oops.
Speaker 1: And he said that this is from a source at Amazon. When they first launched, they said, we were we give you the exact quote here because it's a good quote. I want to give you the exac quote. I don't give you a fake quote. We worried. We've hired ten thousand people and we've built a smart timer. A senior, former senior Amazon employee said that that's all they did, and internal documents flame Amazon squandered tens of billions of dollars on these devices.
Speaker 3: Yeah. This is like a stripper who only wants to do missionary.
Speaker 1: You're like, hey, I'm not getting my money's with But twenty seventeen, twenty twenty one alone, Amazon lost more than twenty five billion on Alexa because people are just using it for the time. Oh, it's so great. Humans are gonna human, Danny. Humans are humans are rather simple creatures. They're just gonna do what they normally do, right, That's just the way it goes. A couple of lab stories that got my attention. Scientists have grown male genitalia in a lab. They've grown balls in a lab. Say what, yeah about that? I was attracted to the giant metal cock. Oh well, you know I can grow to me. Male fertility is in crisis, and unless we do something about it, the human race is going to be a total mess. One expert has worn following the news that they have grown male gendles in a lab, and they're of course worried this could make us, you know, obsolete, Danny, that we don't you know, women will not need are jump because they have this. Israeli scientists producing the gendles from the cells extracted from mice. But the woman has said she hopes to be able to produce human versions within five years that could produce sperm. That's like, that's some interesting moral ground there, right, Danny. If a pair of science generated testicles creates sperm and you're the kid of that sperm, what are you? Oh boy, are you human? I mean they say it's some human DNA, but how do you know. I'm sure there's some other stuff mixed in there, like hot dogs, right, so you can.
Speaker 3: Be part weenie Weenie in the butt in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, exactly. They've also grown brains in labs, so they've got that going on. We are living in wild times. They We've got the Jetson's Law in Minnesota flying cars, We've got testicles being grown in a lab and brains sciences growing brains in labs. Could they become conscious? It has no eyes, ears, nose, or mouth. Nothing's coming in at this point, but stay tuned to lab grown brains. This is being done at the University of California at Santa Barbara. A neuroscientist there is behind this and they claim they have created a facsimile of the brain made in labs there, and they say they aren't likely to achieve consciousness anytime soon. But you never know. Let's get to the mail bag. It's thank you, ohio. Al appreciate that these are actual email correspondence, so I'm actually listening to actual listeners to the show. This one comes from Alf. You can send these in, by the way. You can send them right now, you can send them later whenever you want. Send them care of the Real Fifth Hour at gmail dot com. Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. ALF dreaming of a Mallar meet and greet, writes, and he says, Hey, Ben, since you and the Bennetts are so tight, who will be driving the Mallard shuttlebus to Vegas for the meet and greet on Saturday? Or will you be taking turns? Yeah? What's that old line about the nineteen eighties Yankees? You remember? Remember the line there about the Yankees back in the back in the day they had was it twenty five players, twenty five taxicabs? Believe that was it something like that.
Speaker 3: Didn't Billy Martin die in a car accident? Well he was I think drunk when Oh boy, So I feel like Coop would be the most responsible driver, because, as you know, when you smoke weed, it helps you concentrate on the road.
Speaker 1: Okay, is that true? I always says, don't smoke and drive. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I thought he helped you concentrate.
Speaker 1: Twenty five players twenty five cabs. It was about the Yankees and the Red Sox. That line was used about the dysfunctional Red Sox and Yankees. There you go. Now would be twenty five players, twenty five ubers. You'd have to get rid of the taxi cab thing because it's an uber world. And Alf also says, after the Vegan burned down the studio last week, what conspiracy theory does Danny G have his strongest opinion on, possibly the frozen envelope during the NBA Draft. My favorite sports conspiracy theory off, not that you asked me, is the cal Ripken lights out in Baltimore.
Speaker 3: Oh, the Kevin Costner game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he got to a fight Kevin Costner, I guess came came in and owed caught. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he caught Kevin Costner with his That actually played out on Fox Sports Radio. Kevin Costner called in the Fox Sports Radio years ago on the old Kylie and Boom Show because they were talking about it. I've always believed it because here's why I was covering baseball at the time, and that game got postponed because the power was out at Camden Yards. Way back many years ago, cal was on track to set the all time games played record. It was a very big record for baseball, and this was after the work strike in nineteen ninety four, the labor strike, and so it's a very big deal. But before the story came out the night the night this happened, I was covering a Dodger game and a buddy of mine came up to me. He says, hey, I just talked to somebody who knows Peter Angelos, right, and the guy told me. He said that something happened with with Ripkin and Kevin Coster, and that they made sure that the game. Ripkin would not have played. He was too distraught from what happened, so he would not have played in the game that night, and it would have ended his streak. He was unable to play, not necessarily because he was hurt, but just because he was too messed up in the head. And so as a result, the Orioles made sure that the game was postponed. So they cooked up the power outage story. Yeah, what do you think about the oil that I heard it before it became a thing. So because of that, I'm like, okay, I buy it.
Speaker 3: And Ben, I know somebody who worked for the White Sox back in the day. This guy swears up and down that Michael Jordan's first retirement was a secret suspension for gambling.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, no, I believe that too. Yeah, that it was a double secret thing. They didn't want to they didn't to ruin the legacy of Jordan. So David Stern did a ma solid But David Stern was a hard ass. And the old commissioner of the NBA actually have a great David Stern story that I don't have time to get to right now. But Stern, he's like, all right, well, you've been hanging out, you've been associating with gamblers, and at that time that was very taboo, and Stern was a pretty straight laced guy. And so he's like, all right, you're gonna go play for Jerry Reinstorf's minor league baseball team and we'll put you in the White Sox spring training and all that and chill out and then you can come back after your suspension is over. And to no, that's exactly what happened. So I buy that one, the ewing frozen envelope. I buy that all. There's a lot of sports conspiracies that I that I'm all in on.
Speaker 3: For yure think let's talk JFK. Now we did that last week.
Speaker 1: Mike in Fullerton writes, and he says, Hey, Ben, welcome back to Danny g. First thing, first, you both owe me an apology. I'm one of the thirty four percent of people who needs a recipe to make toast, and I didn't appreciate being called an idiot two weeks ago. Sorry, I'm not an expert chef like Ben. Yeah, okay, he says, do you guys, do you guys believe in the conspiracy? Here we go, get boy, do you guys?
Speaker 3: Let me ask you first though, was this at least for cinnamon toast? Because it was just it was just toast, just regular old toast. Yeah, just toast, man, at least you know cinnamon toast.
Speaker 1: Come on? Do you do you butter the toast before?
Speaker 3: Or do you butter this cinnamon go on first?
Speaker 1: Or what do you do? I don't know. Mike says, do you guys believe in the conspiracy theory that birds aren't real? And are actually just drones used to spy on us. It sounds crazy to me, but my friend Alex is convinced as true.
Speaker 3: Jesus, when did this turn into the Coast to Coast George podcast?
Speaker 1: I said on one of the podcasts last week. I think it was Saturday, I said, this is going to be my demo tape to Coast to Coast when I fill in for George Norri. It was like Coast to Coast meets Alex Jones and Info Wars is what it was. Wild. It was craziness. Thank you, Thank you. Mike Barry, I met very good guys South Carolina. He was at the Charleston meet and greet we did a couple months back. He says, Yo, yo ma, Benny. Listen to the Alex version of the Fifth Hour. Wow, he is out there. Some people think I'm nuts, but got me to thinking after watching an Unsolved Mysteries episode on Netflix. Make sure you watch my show, Barry. I'm on a show on Netflix we talked about in a previous podcast here. I didn't know I was on the show, but I am. He says. They postulate that these skinwalkers, Locknest, Monster, Bigfoot, etc. Are never found because the UFOs drop them off and then come back in a few weeks and take them back wherever they go. Barry says, I bet Alex is all on board with that. What about you? Alien abduction has fascinated people worldwide.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like hearing, you know. That's why I listened to George Norri. Sometimes there's at least ten minutes of the week where I can listen to conspiracy theories. But I couldn't listen to that every day. It would drive me nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm working with Nori's on, but I listened to Coast to Coast on the weekend. Sometimes if I'm up late, i'm driving around, I'll off Coast to Coast on or you know, back in the day, you know, Alex Jones. I'll see some videos online, not anymore really, but I'll check it out. Whatever. Yeah, you gotta be you can't just believe everything you hear, though, You've got to be somewhat judgmental. Right, If you're gullible, it's a problem and a lot of there's a lot of goble people, global people. Ohio Al writes in not ohio Al, He's not gullible, No, no, no, no, he's upset, He says, Benny, he wrote an all apps, please do not invite that total idiot on your podcast again. I would much rather hear you bloviating by yourself and get some nameless, faceless engineer to produce and upload the podcast. Wow, undersea civilizations and chemtrail conspiracies are bad enough. By the way, Ohio says, I'm an aerospace engineer specializing in combustion, and water is one of the main byproducts of jet engine combustion. So the trails you see behind every jet in the sky merely condensed water droplets, i e. A cloud. Then, he says, but when and then he rips tyshert here calls him some names. When he claimed that Trump staged the assassination, yeah, he went there. No, No, yeah, you must I thought I was. I thought something weird, as I told him a couple times, is everything okay? Or but yeah? So anyway, Ohio says, when that blankety blank ty shirt claimed that Trump staged the assassination attempt so he could look good, what the f he wrote in all caps? Did he also get the dead firemen to volunteer to get killed by a stray bullet so Trump could look good.
Speaker 2: Stupid.
Speaker 3: First thing I thought when I saw all the conspiracy theorists all over social media that Saturday.
Speaker 1: Stupid people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, OK, if nobody had died, then I could see conspiracy theorists coming out saying it was a stunt, it was planned, it was set up, but somebody died and then somebody got severely injured.
Speaker 1: Right. Well, the other thing I know about President Trump is and you've talked to him, Danny, so you're better friends with him than I am. He didn't know who I am, but you know you've talked to him on the phone. Last question, did you tell my producer, Danny g that he deserved a raise when you called last time? Absolutely? I said, you got the president, but you really do. Yeah, a great show and he's a nice guy.
Speaker 2: But I said, you get the president of the phone, you deserve a race.
Speaker 1: I haven't done too many of these calls lately. Trump is not a good actor like they write these. I've heard stories from people that have worked in that worked with his administration. They'll write the speeches for him and he'll in the middle of speech do improv. Yeah, he'll go he'll he'll just go off.
Speaker 2: Unted people that don't have a clue, they're incompetent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'll start out doing it and then he'll start add limbing and adding his own thing. And so the idea that Trump would follow a scripts like, Okay, we're going to shoot the bullet and then you're not even gonna get hit. Just make sure you hit this blood packet. We'll put it behind your ear. No one will know it's there. Hit it. It'll look like you're bleeding.
Speaker 3: And then was there an air piece in and they're like, okay, slightly tilt your head now, yeah, come.
Speaker 1: On, I mean uh. Ohio then continues to rip the blankety blank. He says, Tyshert gives California the rightfully earned nicknamed Land of the Fruits and the Nuts. All right, wow, no moss, he says, respectfully. Ohio, Al, calm down. I love you, Al, you're a big part of this. We think you're wonderful. We love I mean, play all your stuff on this podcast on the radio show. But Alex a good guy. He's a little out there, A little out there. Yeah, he means well, he means well, he's trying to figure he's a young guy. He's trying to figure the way I look at Alex, he's a young guy's trying to figure out what's real and what's fake in the world. And he's gone off on some real big tangents.
Speaker 3: And just consider it audio variety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's we don't want boring, right, you know when you do a podcast, you don't want to be boring. You want to you want to be good, you want to be interesting. And we've gotten more I'll tell you this. We've gotten more feedback from from Tyshirt being on the podcast than a lot of the stuff that we normally do. So maybe we should talk more about weird crap like that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: The thing is, though, you can't fake crazy. I'm not calling him crazy, but like crazy takes, you can't fake that, and you can't do it every weekend because the act would get old really quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, for sure. Next up is Roman from Miami, a Nubie Nubi nuby Doobi. He says, I'm a long time listening to the Ben mal Show and the Fifth Hour podcast. I also fit into the younger demo. Thank god. Yeah, we need your Roman, We need your man. Get your friends to listen, get them off the anime, Come on, get them off the video games. He says, Ben, do you have any financial tips that you can give to your fellow penny pinchers. One I could find. One I could think of is to never pay full price unless you have to. Also, a friend of mine told me that if you're trying to buy something from Walmart and the package is damaged, and if you ask nicely enough, they will let me give you a discount on the item, coupon and apps often give discounts, which is why I have every fast food app downloaded on my phone. Unfortunately for me, though, he says, I have, I've saved an okay amount. I find it hard to spend spend it on things I enjoy, so roman a couple of things, I would advise you to not ever buy a new car, buy a pre owned car because the value of cars goes down right away. I will never buy another new car again. Even though I could probably afford to buy a new car. Well, I don't know if I could. These new cars are like seventy eighty thousand now, a lot of them. I don't know that I could. But pre owned cars the way to go on that, ye, I don't know. If you assume you're driving and then saving money, I would try to I would try to diversify. I mean, you're if you're a young enough guy. What's that thing when I was in high school? If you invest it? Is it? What? What investment fund can you invest in? If you if you keep putting money in, by the time you're forty, you'll have like millions of dollars. What is that called? I forget what the name of it is.
Speaker 3: I'll have to Yeah, while you look that up, I'll tell him about the twenty rule that my uncle always raves about, the fifty to thirty twenty rule. It's fifty percent of your money should go towards your needs, thirty percent should go towards the things you want so you're wants, and twenty percent towards savings. It's always a good rule of thumb according to my uncle. But he does drive a Bentley and he lives in the Silicon Valley, So I do listen to him sometimes when he talks money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds that sounds good, but it says.
Speaker 3: Fifty to thirty twenty.
Speaker 1: Like, as a young person, if you can get into a high yield savings account, and you're gonna have to shop around. I think IRA. When I was younger, it was IRA's. But there's other stuff now and now be careful with I have use some of those. I use one of the apps. I have a stock app, and you know, you play around like a video game. You're buying stock, right, You're gambling. Every day is gonna go up, it's gonna go down. But I got burned the first year I used the app because I didn't realize that when you make money at the end of the year, you have to pay capital gains tax. This was because I never really messed around with the stock market, and so I was like, holy crap, Like I made a fair money money, but I got to pay it in taxes. So that killed me. So after that I stopped. I stopped playing. Now I still have some stocks. In fact, here's the here's the kicker, all right, So I Roman I. This is like probably three or four years ago, hearing COVID. I was I was fudging around with these one of these apps where you buy stock. So I bought some stock and it was just you know, extra money. It was like my gambling money. There was nothing to bet on because there were no games, and COVID Danny there were no games for like one hundred something days was shut down.
Speaker 3: So I got very strangely, our ratings went up at a sports network.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had the highest listenership we've ever had, which makes no sense. So during that I started getting my gambling fix on the stock market. And so during that time, you know, I'm doing my thing whatever. And then at the end of the year, I send all the information over to the person that does my taxes and they're like, well, you know, you made this amount of money. Even though you reinvested the money in other stocks, it doesn't matter. You still got to pay taxes on it. It's called the capitol capital games. I'm like, oh crap, what are you talking about.
Speaker 3: And so it is like a fantasy sports ben. If you win over six hundred dollars, you owe taxes. And so my older brother he used to use my account and his because he had such an issue with sports gambling, and then I had to pay tax and so did he. It's crazy, right, I mean, you win that money, but yeah, you're right, Uh, you got to pay the taxes on it.
Speaker 1: So here's the odd thing about it. For Roman and for you, Danny, So I stopped completely just because you didn't want to pay the taxes. Well, I left exactly because I'm a titwats. But I left the money the stocks I owned, I left them in the account. So every once in a while I'll go check and I look the other day, without doing anything, without trading stocks, without doing anything, the stocks I had have gone up forty two percent. Since then, the value of the stocks is going to forty two percent.
Speaker 3: And by doing that's just because you left it alone, by doing nothing.
Speaker 1: By doing nothing, almost all of the stocks I got, I bought a lot of stocks. Here's what I would also recommend Roman. If you play the stock market, buy stocks with dividends. I highly recommend dividends because then you're you're gonna get a little bit of money every you know, every four months or so, depending when they pay out the dividends, you're gonna get a little bit of money.
Speaker 3: And then that's us back to sports with the fantasy you know where you could put your roster together each weekend or whatever, Well, the same thing. If you set it off your gut and then you leave your roster alone, you'll win that weekend. Right, But what happens when you tinker with it too much and you're done. You're done. And the same thing with your stocks. You got that forty two percent gain because you left it alone. You didn't overthink it. Oh yeah, for sure, I guarantee you.
Speaker 1: If I had been playing the stock market the way I played it during COVID, I would have lost everything, you know, I would have It's like, I'm the idiot that bought doge coin when that was because that was kind of during the COVID time, Like, oh, doge coin to the moon. Doge coin, Let me let me see what it's worth right now. Let me check you, because I do I still own some.
Speaker 3: Oh my brother sent me the app on that and tried to talk me into it for weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, doge coin is currently worth a half of one cent.
Speaker 3: Ouch o.
Speaker 1: But the good news is I own like three hundred shares of it. So if it ever goes up, I'm a maid man. I'm set man. If that doge coin ever takes off, I will.
Speaker 3: Be rich if that goes up. Forget Hawaii, We're talking Bora, bora.
Speaker 1: Oh man, We're going We're going to the moon. Nick and Wisconsin rights and he says, Hey, Ben and Danny g. I've had some decent questions, but none good enough to send the last couple of weeks. So the question is, when you were a kid, did your parents ever make you do a sport or activity that you hated? And if so, what was it? Have a wonderful Sunday from our buddy Nick in Wisconsin. So yeah, my mom directed me to stuff, but she I'll give my mom credit because once I really raised the ruckus after a while, she normally say, all right, I didn't want to learn how to play the piano. I didn't want to go to uh, you know, Sunday school, you know, for the temple. Didn't want to do that, but you know I did. And then I complained enough and she she stopped. And she wanted me to play sports, but I was into that, so I did. And she always wanted me to try different things. I wanted you to try stuff and see if you like it or not. So that was always how she would sell me. Danny's like, just give it a shot, you might like it. Like, well, I don't want it anyway, what about you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my mom was cool about not forcing stuff on us. Religion she forced on us. But as far as sports or activities, the one thing she had tennis rackets, and she would take us to tennis courts or parks that had tennis courts. That was a thing back in the day. Now it's all pickleball. Now, it's all pickleball courts. Yeah, But when we were kids, way back in the olden days, it was tennis courts at parks, and she had a couple of tennis rackets, and she wanted us to stand there in volley and my older brother and I we would do it for a little bit. But what we liked more was like racquetball and butts up. We wanted to hit the ball against the wall.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, racquetball, Yeah, in the racquetball court. Amazing. Awesome. You ever played baseball with a racket ball?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we sure did. Those hard blue racketballs.
Speaker 1: Awesome. You felt like you were in the big league.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, Although I fired that in And we had a game called butts up where if somebody picked up the ball you fumbled, threw the ball to the wall and beat you there. Before you could touch the wall, you had to stand up there and they got a freeze shot, a pitch, a fastball, at your backside. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Did you ever I think we've talked about this in a previous episode, but I also at one point we were we were messing around me and my buddies in the neighborhood, and we used to play baseball all the time because we're big. You know, that's what we did. And uh, you ever made contact sweet spot metal bat golf ball?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding? My old Ben, my older brother, would take a bucket of golf balls with our aluminum bat and he would pitch to himself and he had the ball to the front of the college campus that was five blocks away from our house.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. You felt like Barry Bonds all routed up back in the nineties.
Speaker 3: Oh, he thought he was Babe Ruth.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh it's awesome. Now, I don't recommend it because it's very dangerous. If you were hit. It's like somebody's pitching the golf ball to you and you hit them, you'll kill them. But if you assuming that that's not an issue.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'm sure he hit some windshields that we just didn't find out about.
Speaker 1: Just feel like a boss, an absolute boss. Thank you. Nick JJ from Milwaukee that's back to back. We're big in Wisconsin, Danny, This podcast big in the dairy state. W I the Badger's state anyway, JJ says, Hey, Ben and Danny, I saw that crowd strike that shut down the world offered ten dollars gift cards as an apology. Is that a fair offer? Come on? JJ? Yeah? What do you want to say? It's obviously absurd, But what are they gonna do this? So many people were affected. I don't know what they they could do. Braydon from South Carolina writes, and he says, I have a conspiracy theory that doctors actually are in the tank with dentists. That is why they give children lollipops. You agree or disagree? What do you think, Danny? You think there's a grand conspiracy between doctors to help out that their friends who are Dennis.
Speaker 3: That might be the best conspiracy theory I've heard in two weekends.
Speaker 1: That sounds like something Ty Shirt would come up with you. Mike in Kansas City writes in he says, guys, I read that Earth is going to set records for the hottest days ever recorded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that happened last It already happened. Yeah, it happened last Sunday and Monday back to back.
Speaker 1: Are you Are you guys worried. No, it's the summer and it's hot. Spending too much time in the sun can lead to some pain, especially if you didn't wear any sunscreen. I'll be worried when people start dying, hundreds and thousands of people start dying, that I'll be worried. I'm not worried because it's hot. It's like it gets cold in the winter, it gets hot in the summer. Periods. Stop not developing hot dot dot dot. I mean, that's just the way it is.
Speaker 3: Have you heard the conspiracy about otter pops? No, neither of I okay.
Speaker 1: There are actual otters. There's actually bright blue and red otters.
Speaker 3: Otter feces in each pop dummy.
Speaker 1: It's all related. It's all connected, all of it in some weird way. Freddy from Vermont. That is the only state in New England I have not been to. That's the home of Arnie Spanier. Our colleague Arnie Spaniels is good old Arnie.
Speaker 3: He sends us maple syrup from there every Christmas.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised that Arnie said. I've known Arnie for way too long. But I'm surprised he was lived with in Chicago. He's from La. He lived in La.
Speaker 3: He says he went there for his son's hockey career, and his son now teaches hockey. But now that his son is older, you'd think he would move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess he likes this a nice little New England town and okay, good for you anyway. Freddy says he heard this week that or he saw this week that Tesla buyers are very upset with Elon Musk endorsing Donald Trump, and people are selling their Tesla's. Do you believe this from Freddy?
Speaker 3: It's a little extreme.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, people buy Tesla's because they think they're saving the world environmentally, and whether Elon Uscus buddies with Trump or not, if your goal is to save the world and all that from from fossil fuels, even though I've read a lot of stories that claim those cars are not great for the environment. But if that's what you believe, that's your dogma, then why would you care? You might and I really think that there's like one percent of people, Danny that don't go to a restaurant or don't listen to a radio show because of someone's political beliefs, you know what I mean, Like you've got to be hardcore right or left wing. Yeah, don't be that person. Okay. I got friends of mine, you know, or obviously I lean a different way, but they're very, very liberal or whatever. I'm like whatever. I think they're idiots, but I I'm friends with them, so you know, I don't agree with their politics and they don't agree with my politics. But that's how we grew up, right, Danny. Yeah, that's the way.
Speaker 3: It used to be, is that you didn't talk religion and politics at the dinner table, and you didn't base your friends on that either. It's what they believe, it's what you believe, and that doesn't come between you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't matter. Like you vote for who you want, I'll vote for who I want. We'll cross each other out and then that's it. Dun Skis, goodbye, see you later, good daiser. Yeah. I think that's that's enough.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 3: I think it's a good way to end. One more conspiracy from you though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want one more conspiracy, one more from you? Yeah? All right? That the refrigerator in your kitchen, right, refrigerator that you have in your kitchen. Yeah, is actually alien technology and they're they they come down and they live. Aliens will come down and rest. They like cold environments, so they will they will suck into the back of your refrigerator. They're very small aliens standing. Okay, they're very small. They're they're kind of like the grays, but they're actually like a green color. And they'll live and they'll nap in the back of your frigerator because they need the cold. What do you think, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: I think the next time you should talk conspiracies is when Alex fills in again.
Speaker 1: Yet crickets.
Speaker 3: Help burn the castle down again?
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, we'll have a wonderful rescue day. Remember tonight, if you've made it to the end of the podcast, you're a true p one. Tonight it's on like Donkey Kong, Bro.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be so much singing.
Speaker 1: All the way we were.
Speaker 2: Learning.
Speaker 1: Gentlemen, how you can't see that scattered picture of the smiles we left be It is going to be a jam suit riddles, hoot and Nanny nanah a hoe down on the radio.
Speaker 3: You know my favorite the joke tellers, the.
Speaker 1: People that try to tell jokes with no studio audience laughing at them and they drown. Yeah, yeah, good luck on that, but we were looking forward to it. Hot Diggity Dog, The Mallard Paulooza twenty twenty fours. And I now keep in mind if you have not signed up, it's too late, but someone will not show up, so we will have some bonus slots that will open up. So if you're interested, listen closely. We tell you to call call in that'll be coming up.
Speaker 3: And I have I shouldn't have this, probably, but I found a copy of your set list. It's like a draft, an early draft of it, but looks like you have an open spot for a harmonica player.
Speaker 1: Well, we have marked the full name guy, but I think he's boycotting the show right now. He's a harmonica guy. And we've got Dick and Dayton who does the banjo. He's the banjo guy and the mandolin from the Kettering Your banjoa Society. So it's just gonna you know what, it's gonna be a cabaret. It's going to be an audio cabaret, is what it's going to be.
Speaker 3: And if this show doesn't get you a Marconi, you're never gonna get one.
Speaker 1: At the end of the show, every man, woman, and child listens is going to go full Mary Papas not Mary Poppin's drunk. They're gonna be singing super califragilistic Xbiali dosis or something like that. I think I pushed it, but something like that. Anyway, all right, Danny, you're back with Covino and Rich, I assume tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gonna have a fun Monday show. Back at it two to four pm on the West Side. That is five to seven pm in beautiful Chicago, Illinois, where I found out Coveno and Rich are going to be speakers at some convention thing. Yeah, I think in September. It like it's like radio slash radio sales.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they're.
Speaker 3: Going to be representing iHeart there and I might get to go on that Chicago trip.
Speaker 1: Oh very good.
Speaker 3: It's a city, one of the major cities I haven't been to.
Speaker 1: Well, I know, I've been there a few times over the years, so I can recommend some restaurants and nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't get that Chicago deep dish.
Speaker 1: Yeah deep oh yeah, you use so many and the I don't know if you like Italian sandwiches, but those Oh yeah, I do. Legendary in Chicago, great food town.
Speaker 3: Can't wait.
Speaker 1: All right, very good, have a wonderful rest of your you know, today, today, Sunday. We'll catch you tonight and all week long. And thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good luck with the talent show tonight.
Speaker 1: Thank you. It's it's the it's more than a talent show. It's the Mallard ploose again. It's the audio cabaret.
Speaker 3: Good luck with the freak show tonight.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, there's no freaks that listen in the middle of the night. What's wrong with you? If you lost your mind? Come on, it's the Malard Coalition getting together, is what it is.
Speaker 3: Catch you then later, skater gotta murder.
Speaker 1: I gotta go.