Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy speculation and advice. Now along with the guys from U leagues dot com. Here's your host, Paul.
Speaker 1: Welcome to a week eight edition of Fantasy Football Weekly. I am Paul Jarchian. Co host today Scott Fish and Thor. Nice from you.
Speaker 3: It's been a while. Good to have you back. It has all the way SAIDs week six. I only missed one week, but it was with Matt, so I understand that feeling like it took forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Colin mccockney obliterates everybody around him. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I missed you guys though. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nice to have you back. Yes, Oh and you are Oh.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 3: It was the first time in my eight years on this show you've let me have my birthday weekend off.
Speaker 1: I know, normally I work you on. We had a lot to get two no bye weeks, so we gotta cram in all the games, so we're gonna just roll up our sleeves and get started. Of course, over the course of the show, we will give you take a chance to meet the three tough questions, premature speculation, but we're gonna begin here. Scott Yes Skills take on the Cincinnati Bengals in a game that should have a lot of fantasy factors in it.
Speaker 3: Well, you would think so, you'd think so. These are two offenses that have been pretty good lately. On the Philadelphia side. The Bengals are allowing the most rushing attempts and rushing yards to quarterbacks. I'm trying to figure out. Let me look at the numbers to see if that's something that would help Jalen Hurts. Yeah, yeah, that makes sense. That makes sense for him averaging seven rushing attempts per game average or averaging ten per game minimum of seven in every game, Jalen Hurts has multiple scores in all but one game, and the Bengals are a top five fantasy matchup for quarterbacks, allowing four multiple score days out of seven and including a couple three hundred yard day. So I do have an A grade on Jalen Hurts his wide receivers AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith. I got an A grade on AJ Brown Cincinnati allowing the eighth most fantasy points to the perimeter as well. Brown has five plus catches in all three games. His yardage total in his three fall games one hundred nineteen, one hundred and sixteen, and eighty nine, so he scored in all three of them. Scored in each one. Yeah, DeVonta Smith with a B grade actually playing more snaps than Brown, but less stats. More inconsistent. But history has shown us that when Dallas Goddard is out, which he is again this week, his volume goes up. It didn't quite show up last week, oh, in negative two yards exactly. But I'm gonna blame a little bit of Barkley, them wanting to get Bartley Barkley his numbers against his old team. Maybe a little bit of game script that would led to less passing. I got the B grade over here on DeVonta Smith. With Dallas Goddard out again, I don't have grand Calcata starting. He put up a pretty poor game. I thought, given what he did the week before with Goddard out, maybe there'd be a chance. But no played almost the entire game. Didn't do anything last week. On the Cincinnati side, Joe Burrow Philly does boast a top three fantasy defense against quarterbacks, with the fifth fewest yards and eight fewest scores. But let's take a deeper look at those six games, the three of them with Jordan Love, Kirk Cousins, and Baker Mayfield. Those guys averaged two hundred and eighty two yards and two scores, even got extra one on the ground. Deshaun Watson, Daniel Jones, and Derek Carr averaged one hundred and thirty six yards and only scored once total.
Speaker 1: Point being good quarterbacks have plenty of success, and Joe Burrow might be the best of all of them, so I do have an eight grade here on him.
Speaker 3: I have A and B grades on Jamar Chase and T Higgins. Jamar Chase's fantasy fantasy's wide receiver one with six scores. In the last five games, the Eagles have allowed eight wide receiver scores, but they've kept the yardage fairly low. Part of that is due to Cleveland and New York Giants matchups of the last couple weeks New York Giants without neighbors obviously, prior to that, in their first four games, every wide receiver one scored. Three of the wide receiver twos scored in those four games, so scores might be likely here. T Higgins leads the NFL and targets per game over the last four and more targets than Chase in four straight. He's averaging six and a half catches for seventy five yards with three scores in those last four games. So good grades on both of those guys. Right now. On the running game, Chase Brown's the only one. I'm sorry starting sorry Zach Moss there charge seven to twelve touches last three weeks, but he hasn't been able to top fifty two yards this season. Chase Brown Over the last four games, Brown's averaging over fifteen touches, has four scores. Three of the four games were inefficient, though Philly's d ranks third best against runners. His volume pass catching plus propensity to score though, I'm going to give him the seed, the volume seed, you know, and hope he gets some pass game work in a score.
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 5: Four.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Tennessee taking on Detroit. The Tennessee offense is erect, their defense is pretty good, and I'll be I'm interested to hear what you have to say about the Lions. But back on the Tennessee side, anybody to play here?
Speaker 6: Oh, it's grizzly you're certainly not going to play Mason Rudolph. I think one guy that is playaball Tony Pollard. Give him a see. Sixteen carries for sixty one yards last week against Buffalo's bad run defense. Yeah, that was what Taja Spears sideline. Spears is backish questionable return to practice Friday with a hamstring. Because of the uncertainty there, I would keep Taj Spears on the bench, but I would start Pollard. The matchup is much tougher in this game, though, Lions are allowing the third fewest fantasy points to running backs Kelvin Ridley. I struggle with this one. I did give them a see though he returned to practice on Friday had the foot injury. Wide receiver sixty nine fantasy points per game. It's a tough scene, obviously, and even if you.
Speaker 1: Give him all of DeAndre Hopkins catches, he'd move to like wide receiver sixty three.
Speaker 6: Now this might just be the optimistic part of me, and this might be considered a logical leap, but I hope they start using him in the offense as he is intended to be used.
Speaker 4: Now getting some of those.
Speaker 6: Targets, certainly the targets will go up, but hopefully targets that are more advantageous to Ridley's game. He's just been used as a deep bult guy to this point. You're wasting his route running. Not that they have the quarterback play to hit him on the hands every play, but obviously he becomes a clear wide receiver one with Hopkins gone clear, clear clear, this is a decent matchup for him. Detroit has allowed the eighth most receiving yards per game to perimeter wide receivers, so I did stick Ridley with a see the rest of the guys in the Titans bench grades.
Speaker 4: Moving over to the Lions, Jared Goff give him a B.
Speaker 6: At least twenty two point eight fantasy points in three straight games.
Speaker 4: This is a sneaky bad matchup, though.
Speaker 6: The Lions run the ball at the third highest rate in the NFL, and when they're up, it goes up even more.
Speaker 4: It's just run, run, run, run, run.
Speaker 6: Detroit to double digit favorites in this game, and the Titans have a good pass defense. We're still wondering if Lagerius sneed will play, but a good pass defense nonetheless, and will the pass volume be there for golf That's why I had to downgrade him to a B. I also gave a BA to David Montgomery RB thirteen and Fantasy points per game. He's averaging sixteen touches for eighty six total yards. Tennessee has the third highest stuff rate, though they have a pretty strong run defense, and that defense has allowed only one running back to rush for over sixty yards all season long, Jamiir Gibbs.
Speaker 4: I give him an A.
Speaker 6: I obviously must start and along with aman Ras Saint Brown, especially in this with Jamis and Williams suspended.
Speaker 3: On Montgomery and Gibbs. How do we feel about the Sonic and Knuckles nickname David Montgomery calls them.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like that too.
Speaker 1: I'm glad we're you know, we've moved past thunder Lightning. Yeah, it's unique, it's different, it's video games.
Speaker 3: I love it. I like it.
Speaker 4: I like it too.
Speaker 1: Last one, which one Sonic and which ones? I assume Sonic David Knuckless, OK, I got it.
Speaker 6: The couple of games where Jameis Williams is out. I wonder if that will help Sam Laporta, a guy who has not gotten as many targets this seasons. Why he's only tight end twenty one in Fantasy points per game and only participating in roughly two thirds of the routes available for Detroit. But Laporta does ring number ten in separation rate, So you wonder, now if he gets more targets with that Jamison Williams vacates, could he be more viable for fantasy.
Speaker 4: I'll give Laporte a B A B this week.
Speaker 1: I know Scott I are dying. We all took Laporte in a lot of leagues.
Speaker 3: Well, Laporta and Richardson might be my worst calls a year.
Speaker 1: Oh that's it, Okay, okay, Let's move over to the Green Bay Packers and the Jacksonville Jaguars. Lot's going on here. I've got a grades on the pack two parts of the Packers passing game, Jordan Love Jaden Reid. In totality, the Jaguars the worst pass defense in the league. They give up the most passing touchdowns. They drank thirtieth and passing yards their thirty second in imposer passer ratings. So for Reid, he runs almost entirely from the slot, he'll face a defense that gave up a slot touchdown last week to kJ Osborne the leak before two touchdowns to Keenan Allen from the slot. So we like and read this one. It's always hard to figure out who who are the Green Bay wide receivers you can trust? I trust Romeo Dobbs.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 1: Dobbs is the most reliable target earner across the board among all of them. He leads the team in routes run, he is second in targets and targets per route, and he'll match it most stopping against Ronald Darby, who ranks his Pro Football Focuses cornerback ninety five. He's given up three scores already, an opposer passer rating of one hundred and thirty three B grade on Romeo Dobbs and a C grade on Dune Tavian Wicks and Christian Watson. They're down at sea because they just get less targets, so you get a massive variation in volume and output. But if you're not going to start them against the Jaguars, why are they on your roster?
Speaker 3: Fair?
Speaker 1: I mean, this is it. This is the best matchup you're gonna get all year. So Watson and Wix get C grades in this one. Tucker Kraft comes in with an A grade three good games in the last four weeks, and with Luke Musgrave hurt, his routes run if basically doubled, and as you can guess, the Jaguar are awful against tight ends. They're getting rocked by basically tight ends in every week since Week three. Last week, the Patriots offense generated twelve catches and one hundred and twenty four yards to tight ends against the Jaguars. Two weeks ago, the Jaguars gave up two touchdowns to Cole Kmet, so Tucker Craft definitely in play. That only leaves us with Josh Jacobs. Jaguars are a better run defense than a pass defense, but Jacobs is a likely beneficiary no matter what happens here. Jaguars haven't allowed a runner at the top ninety one yards, which is good. They shut down the Patriots last week, but that doesn't mean a lot, and they've also faced a lot of garbage runners. Two weeks ago, DeAndre Swift rolled up one hundred nineteen total yards. Jacobs is probably closer to that. I think he hits about one hundred yards of this game, and I've got an eight.
Speaker 3: Grade h well, he finally score.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, color shot, Tank Bigsby moving to the Jacksonville side. All right, so now you guys all though I feel about Tank Bigsby. Yes, So now we got Travis ETN coming in as a game time decision. Let me ask you too, knowing Doug Peterson, if ETN is available, who starts?
Speaker 3: I think I think it's probably mostly Bigsby, But I think ETN still gets the past game work somehow.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say ETN.
Speaker 1: I don't trust Doug Peterson to get this right. I either, but it's so obvious that Tank Bigsby is the better back. Let me give you some bitta.
Speaker 3: I will say we Tank Bigsby has taken over and ETN has not logged a full practice since this takeover, so we have not seen a healthy ETN. But yes, Bigsby's numbers are awesome.
Speaker 1: They are, and let me tell you more about that. Yeah, the Jaggars have won two games. In those two games, Tank Bigsby one hundred one yards and one hundred eighteen yards four touchdowns in those two games. Doug Peterson, you think just like survival instinct, right, natural selection, survival the fittest right, his jobs on the line, you would think he would go to Tank Bigsby no matter what. In yards per rush, tank Bigsby ranks number two in the NFL. Travis ETN twenty ninth avoided tackle rate, Tank Bigsby is second in the NFL ETN is twenty seventh. In yards after contact, Tank Bigsby is number one in the NFL ETN is thirty fifth. I want to believe Tank Bigsby is going to get plenty of use in this game, and he's got a B grade for me. Let's go to if Travis Etn plays. You can start him at a C grade level if he's active for this game. But again, I'm basing that mostly on me, not trusting Doug Peterson to get this thing right. Green Bay is a middle of the pack round defense, but volume backs tend to do well. The four backs with more than twenty two carries against green Bay have had monster games, averaging one hundred and twenty five yards and one a half touchdown. So if ETN doesn't go, I like Bigsby a lot better. All right, let's go to the passing game here, or I've got some starters for Jacksonville Lawrence. This is an unpopular narrative, but over the last three weeks, Lawrence has been good, completing seventy four percent of his passes two hundred and sixty six yards per game, two to two and one score. Over the last three weeks, Packers have improved their pass defense by benching Eric Stokes. In the two stokeless games, green Bay has completely shut down Kyler Murray and c J. Stroud. Those are two pretty good passers better than Trevor Lawrence. So I can only get you to a C grade here. Even with his improved play, Brian Thomas gets a seed grade. He's Thomas has looked great and he's going to be a star. I don't love this matchup. He's going to see a lot of Jay R Alexander. The past two number one receivers to face Green Bay have fared very poorly. Marvin Harrison didn't catch a pass, and then last week Stefan Diggs and Tank Dell combined for twenty three yards. C grade on Brian Thomas. Christian Kirk is always a risky start, but I like this matchup enough for a C grade. The Packers new slot coverage man is safety Javon Bullard. Since the move move to the slot. Bullard has allowed eight of nine passes in his coverage to be completed. We'll try Christian Kirk at a sea level here. The guy I really like seven Ingram. He's finally healthy and a massive contributor for the Jaguars offense. In the past two weeks, He's been targeted fifteen times. He's caught fifteen passes. The Jaguars have allowed a tight end touchdown or over fifty yards or both to a tight end in four of the last five games. Some kind of optimistic about Evan Ingram continuing to play well, big part of this offense. When we come back, take a chance on me nine players not normally in your starting lineup. Find out who they are when we come back Fantasy Football Week. We will guarantee a smile with these take a chance on me players, beginning with Scott Fishing. You take a chance on me quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yes, But before I give you a player to take a chance on, I'm gonna mention Saquon Barkley, who I didn't in the last segment, who was an automatic a one hundred and twenty seven yards a game of Bengals defense allowing a rushing touchdown every game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I thought I had just missed him because you had said something like super fast, like automatic idea, So I just thought I missed it. But now we've clarified not that anybody was going to bench him.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, so my my take a chance on me, quarterback. I'm going with to a tongue of Biloa. In his return, he gets a Cardinals defense allowing multiple scores and or three hundred yards in five of seven games, leading them to be a top five easiest matchup for fantasy passers. His first and only full game, he had three hundred and thirty eight in a score. I expect a good game here from him.
Speaker 1: All right, thorn Eistrom, you'll take a chance I me quarterback.
Speaker 4: I can't believe I'm doing this.
Speaker 6: Boys, I'm gonna advocate for Bonix for the first time in my professional career.
Speaker 1: Wait, who's he playing.
Speaker 4: He's playing the Panthers.
Speaker 3: Ah, this makes sense as good.
Speaker 4: A matchup as you can get. Now everybody knows.
Speaker 6: I don't think Bonix is an NFL caliber thrower, but the rushing production is making him fantasy relevant. He's either a clip sixty yards rushing or ran for a touchdown in five games so far this season, and has multiple passing touchdowns in two of his last three games. The Panthers, of course, have a terrible defense both against the run and the pass. Last week, Carolina allowed twenty fantasy points to Marcus Mariota. On the season, the Panthers have allowed the fourth most fantasy points per game to quarterbacks. The one thing I was wondering, will the Panthers score enough for the Broncos to do anything on offense? But the scrambling a boat next, He's gonna accrue the yards anyway.
Speaker 3: Do you want two fun stats on that?
Speaker 1: No, Well, well it depends if involved in this matchup, then Russian does not related. We're gonna talk more.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about later. We'll talk.
Speaker 1: I've got a guy I did not think i'd be picking at any point this season as might take a chance on me, and that is justin Herbert against the Saints normally a very tough start because the low passing volume in this Jim Harbaugh offense, Los Angeles rinks twenty ninth in pass attempts per game and air Bears average game is a depressing one hundred and ninety seven yards of one score. But the Saints normally pretty capacity defense just all banged up with injuries. Marshall Latimer is going to try to play, but he's hurt. Paulson Adabo went on injury reserve. Three of the past five opposing passers have topped three hundred eleven yards or more against the Saints. We'll try Justin Herbert here, by the way, get all his receivers back and off. I don't know if they're fully off the injury report, but they all came back to practice on Friday, so that helps to Let's go to the running back position, Scott, who.
Speaker 3: You got, Yeah, I got Buffalo's Ray Davis. He goes up against the Seahawks defense allowing five point two yards per carry, second, most rushing yards allowed, first, most combo yards allowed, and they're allowing over thirty touches per game to running backs. After James Cook has done, there's gonna be some meat on the bone left for him. And he outtouched Ty Johnson last week seven to one. He's he's gonna be the guy that gets the extra work.
Speaker 1: You know what's a really objectively terrible barbecue sauce?
Speaker 3: Okay, sweet baby rays, Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that tag. Yeah, to catch up of barbecue sauce. I just wanted to add that on to the Ray Davis analysis.
Speaker 4: It's the correct tag.
Speaker 1: I think it was important. Ye okay, all right, Thor you're taking chance with me running.
Speaker 6: Back going with a guy that I don't think has a barbecue sauce named after him. But I'm gonna go with b not yet anyway, maybe after this game Braylen Allen against the Patriots.
Speaker 4: Now, Braylan only.
Speaker 6: Had three touches for six yards last week against Pittsburgh, and he's played in less than twenty percent of the Jets is now the past two weeks, so I would understand trepidation here. However, the Steelers have one of the best run defenses in the NFL. Well, the Patriots have one of the worst. New England also has a funnel defense. They're good against the pass, but rancid against the run. In Week three against the same Patriots, Allen had eleven carries for fifty five yards and three catches for thirteen yards. The Patriots have allowed an average of one hundred and ninety five yards per week and seven total touchdowns to running backs ever since then. The Jets are a touchdown favorite in this game. The game script will be advantageous for Allen and certainly the matchups as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Todd Downey has largely ignored Braylan Allen to this point, so we'll need to have a little reversal here. But the game script could bring that up.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, absolutely, I.
Speaker 3: Like using the word rancid. Yeah, and the band. Let's get the band back in there too.
Speaker 1: Thory, you're gonna like this choiceyeh. Might take a chance to be running back. Come Oni Videll. Yeah. Also against the Saint than I gave you justin Herbert and I don't know that Herbert and Videll. Videll can both have big games. So man, I don't know what was his first play? I play it was a thirty eight yards. The Saints so bad against the run that backup runners are having good games and this one could be lopsided, with Videll getting a lot of fourth quarter work against the Saints. Last week against New Orleans, Denver's backup running backs total sixty four yards. The week before that, both Sean Tucker and Bucky Irving topped one hundred total yards and scored. Both of them Tyler Ljeer had a seventy four total yard game against the Saints, So come on, e Videll, why not let's give him a try. We've been talking about him for six months.
Speaker 4: Yeah, from your lips to God's ears, sir, let's hope, so at.
Speaker 1: Least your ears, Scott. Let's go to your take a chance with the receiver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna get a little deeper here on a passing offense you wouldn't expect. I'm going with Alec Pierce against Houston. They allow the ninth most fantasy points to the perimeter. They also allowed the highest average depth of target to receivers. Alec Pierce, as you know, leads the NFL and a dot average upth of targets and yards per recap. Indianapolis throws at the throws the highest average up of target, as does Anthony Richardson, and they've allowed five plays of over forty yards. Two of those were actually Alec Pierce. So I like him this week.
Speaker 1: I had that huge week one, right, Yeah, all right, let's go to your take a chance with the receiver.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna go with Jalen McMillan against the Falcons. Mike Evans is out multiple weeks course, and Chris Godwin on IR, so McMillan probably becomes the wide receiver one here and it's in the position he's most comfortable. I believe he will take over the slot role. He has been miscast as an outside receiver. You move him into this. I talked about this all spring. He is a natural slot and I think he steps into Godwin's target heavy slot role. McMillan got targeted eight times last week when those guys went down, he only had three catches for fifteen yards. But the Bucks tip their hand that he will be heavily used going forward, and this is an incredible matchup. The Falcons have been absolutely lit up by slot receivers.
Speaker 4: All season long. I think it happened once more.
Speaker 1: You and I are gonna go ahead to head on this. Later we'll find out wid wide receiver and I'm I'm so stoked about this possibility. Cedric Tillman's the Ravens.
Speaker 3: Yes. Uh.
Speaker 1: He appears to be the primary beneficiary of Amari Cooper's trade. He's running Cooper's routes. Last week he immediately garnered sixty nine snaps. He ran eighty two percent of the routes, and he saw eleven targets in his first game as the starter, and with Winston at the helmet, it's going to be bombs away for his physical receiver Cedric Tillman, who can battle for deep contested catches in heavy coverage. Because Whenson doesn't care if there's heavy coverage, he'll throw into it anyway.
Speaker 3: Not exactly a burner, but six three, two fifteen, he'll he'll go up and get.
Speaker 1: Something exactly great.
Speaker 4: Boss goes on.
Speaker 1: Now, the Ravens have cornerback Marlin Humphrey ruled out and three other cornerbacks are listed as questionable in this game. I'm really excited for this. I like this Oneed Tilden has going to take a chance with me. Guy receiver, Guy receiver, Guy receiver, guy receiver, Scott Indianapolis Colts taking on the Houston Texans. You just told us about Alec Pearce go to the quarterback position. Anthony Richardson has struggled significant He has a passer, but he's not chipping in running help either. What do you think this week against Houston?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, so he had two hundred and twelve and two scores in Week one against the Texans, and they've allowed a nine completed pass I know, and they've allowed multiple scores in five of seven games. Texans have also been hit on the ground by running quarterbacks Caleb Williams at forty four yards, Josh Allen fifty four May thirty eight. Richardson had fifty six and a score in Week one. I think there's room here for him to get to his Z grade, even though the passing side of it has not been good. Also, in his first two full games, he only had five designed runs. In his last two he's had sixteen. They're starting to actually go back to using the way they should, agreed. I already mentioned Alec Pierce. I'm gonna go to Josh Downs, who I have on the bench. He has not reached six Fantasy points in a game with Anthony Richardson playing in full three for twenty two.
Speaker 1: Is his best this year or is that included last year?
Speaker 3: Includes last year?
Speaker 1: Did he put that into context? Six Fantasy points? Yeah, that's he catches for thirty yards. He getting there.
Speaker 3: He disappears with Anthony Richardson and Alec Pearce comes up. Jonathan Taylor. Yeah, over to the running game. Jonathan Taylor on a per game basis, no running back sees more inside the five work than Jonathan Taylor. Of course he's third, but he did miss three games, so per game basis is what I'm going with here. It's not an easy spot as the Texans wearing top ten in yards per carry, rushing yards, scores, receiving yards, receiving scores, back but basically everything. But when Taylor is healthy, and he is now he averages nearly twenty touches for over one hundred yards, I'm still gonna give him the B in a tough matchup. Michael Pittman, I skipped over for a second, but he he's off the injury report completely. But I think it's kind of a workload thing that they're not having a practice as much since coming back after hurting his back. He didn't go on IR, but he was three for thirty five and one three for sixty three in the other without a score, only five targets in each game. I think it's gonna be a little bit better here for him. I have a C grade on him because he's just not quite getting the volume since he's hurt his back. I could see him having a B day though over to the Houston side just.
Speaker 1: Seems to wither and die with Richardson. I like him, he.
Speaker 3: Does, but you're still getting five six, you're getting sixty yards, you're getting touchdown looks. It's really tough to not start Michael Pittman over to the Houston side.
Speaker 5: C J.
Speaker 3: Stroud, I have an A grade on Last week was definitely rough, but he had three hundred plus yards and or multiple scores in three straight before that Packers game. The Colts rank eighth easiest for fantasy quarterbacks, and that rank would be even worse if it wasn't for three games of Malik Willis, will Levis and the Miami duo. Last week would probably be a bunch worse than even eight. Stefan Diggs gets the B grade. He's scored on four of his five touches inside the five. He has five plus catches in all but one game, so that's a really nice PPR floor. And five different wide receivers have scored against the Indianapolis Colts. Two more had one hundred plus games against the Colts, so that's seven different receivers with very good games. Digs should get his here. A C grade for Tank Dell last week. I know he put up the goose egg, but he was still second in targets, still saw a couple of red zone looks. He just didn't He just didn't get the catches. But the volume is there. On the running game. Joe Mixon Colts are fifth worst in miss tackles week two. He got hurt on the first drive of the second half, but he's had fifty yards at that point, so if you count that, if you double that, that's one hundred. Joe Mixon's other three fall games, his worst game is one hundred and twenty four yards and he's scored in all four three of them.
Speaker 1: I think he's my number one or number two running Yeah, I have an a grade on him for sure. For sure. Thor if we wanted to sneak in Jets Patriots, yeah, I think we could do that, like three minutes.
Speaker 4: I could certainly try. I mean there's not a lot to talk about, Yeah, mostly.
Speaker 1: In Jets Patriots, and you've already hit on at least one take a chance on me play for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so certing with the Jets.
Speaker 6: Aaron Rodgers give him a be only quarterback twenty one and fantasy points per game, right, now, but it should be in for a big game here week three against the same Patriots, Rodgers scored a season I twenty five Fantasy points this time around. Of course, he has a buddy Deavonte Adams running out there, and the only question will the Pats score enough to keep the Jets throwing? But I give Rodgers to saw Be Brees solid course is a must start. A Braylen Allen was my take a chance on me. I gave both DeVante Adams and Garrett Wilson bees in this We'll start with Adams ran ninety percent of routes in his first game as a Jet. He had a twenty three percent first read share. The Patriots have allowed the tenth highest PPR point points per target and thirteen more thirteenth most receiving ars per game to perimeter wide receivers. As for Garrett Wilson twenty seven percent first read share in his first game with Davonte Adams last week. Wilson got shadowed by Christian Gonzalez in Week three. But the point I want to make is that will almost assuredly not happen this time, at least for Garrett Wilson and Gonzalz probably stays on the same side.
Speaker 1: So I'm a believer that Garrett Wilson death gets helped by DeVante Adams for sure.
Speaker 6: I totally agree with that. Yeah, Rising tide lifts all boats. You got it, Blizzard and Gronklin, We're keeping them on the bench. We are also benchally got Drake May. Drake May. He had the two good Fantasy games, but this is a very, very tough matchup, especially with the Jets getting Hassan Reddick back, So keeping May on the bench.
Speaker 4: Ramandra Stevenson, I'm gonna give him a see. He gigged a great matchup last week against Jacksonville.
Speaker 6: Only seven carries for eighteen yards, two catches for seven yards, played only half the snaps that they took offensively. The Jets have a middle of the road run defense, but Stevenson did struggle against it last time. Six carries for twenty three yards end of fumble versus the Jets in Week three, but I had to give him a seat. I'm also given a seat to Pop Douglas returns from illness this week. The passing environment has improved for the Patriots, of course, but this is a bad matchup, even versus the Jets defense working through injuries in their secondary. Jets allow the seventh fewest Fantasy points to opposing wide receivers. You keep Boute and Polk on the bench. Hunter Henry last One gave him a bee. He has two consecutive top eight Fantasy tight end showings. He has been Drake May's favorite target. I expect that to continue, and the Jets defense has struggled against tight ends.
Speaker 4: In recent weeks.
Speaker 1: Patriots, I believe, have six injured offensive linemen. Who is just killing everybody to play. Is so bad.
Speaker 6: Pas On Reddick saw that and magically yeah magic back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, funny how that works.
Speaker 1: That's that's a real limiting factor on this Patriots offense and it causes a lot of hesitation.
Speaker 3: Got to believe.
Speaker 1: I'm still believing that, like romad Receievens is a good play.
Speaker 4: Just definitely and maybe their best on offense at this point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, it's just nobody can be successful behind that offensive line. Paid contest now available at yotin leagues dot com. If you've been patiently waiting to play at Guillotine League for prizes, you can do that now. This is your chance. Eleven more weeks of spicy chopping action. At guillotine leagues dot com. You can join a public league right now, play for prizes, or play for free guillotine leagues dot com. When we come back, Baltimore taking on Cleveland, Save Flowers and Mark Andrews. Do you trust those guys? Find out when we come back. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. You can follow us on Twitter. I'm at Paul Jarchie, and Scott is at Scott Fish twenty four and Thor is thor Ku. You love it. You smile, big smile every single time Ravens take on the Browns. The highest scoring player in fantasy football is Lamar. The second highest player scoring player in fantasy football is Derrick Henry. And they're on the same team. Unbelievable. And they're both automatic a's. I'm not even gonna get into descriptions about why they remain a's. You're gonna start them anyway, and they're good starts here. How about Jake Flowers?
Speaker 3: Which can I mention something that Derrick Henry and I wish I could get this at exactly correct, but I saw the top three running backs in the last like four years or whatever. Is Derrick Henry? Then Nick Chubb, then Derrick Henry's yards after contact.
Speaker 1: Shut up. That's amazing, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: Zay Flowers super hit and miss, but he generally fares better when Derrick Henry isn't dominating. But unfortunately that's not very often. The Browns run defense is good enough that Henry shouldn't completely run away with the game. Flowers was a huge dub last week, but over the prior two weeks he had garnered twenty one target, sixteen receptions two hundred and forty three yards. I've got a C grade on Zay Flowers in this matchup Mark Andrews so frustrating. You know what's gonna happen. As soon as you pivot back to Mark Andrews, He's gonna dud and dud hard.
Speaker 4: We call it the Kyle Pitts corollary.
Speaker 1: Oh, I like it. That's exactly right. But he's posted three straight good starts, including last week's two touchdown game. But here's the thing. Still super dangerous because he's only running fourteen routes per game over the last month, and the Browns are very good tight end defense. They shut down brock Bauers, Jake Ferguson zach Ertz. Only one tight end has scored against Cleveland. I've got a bench grade on Mark Andrews's go over over to the brown side. I'm gonna start with Nick Chubb. Great to see him get so much use in his first game back last week, But this gets thorny a few different ways. First, Dromford has been ruled out, so he's not really a factor in this, so let me just mention that he's out of the picture here. But the Ravens are a fantastic run defense. Baltimore ranks number one in rushing yards allowed, just fifty two per game. No back has top forty six yards against the Ravens. They are getting beat up through the air like for on Monday Night. But that's not Nick Chubb's game. So I've just got the C grade on Nick Chubb. That's all I can do. Cedric Tillman was might take a chance at me. Wide receiver Jerry Juday originally had on the bench, but with Marlon Humphrey out in three other cornerbacks questionable, I've moved him up to a C grade. He saw season highs and snap counts last week. With Amari Cooper out, so like, if you're looking for like a mundane like five catches for fifty yards, Jerry Duty could be your guy. David and Joku comes in with a C grade. Unclear if Jameis Winston will favor in Djoku, but and Joku's had twenty one targets the past two weeks, so you know he remains a strong play. The Ravens are getting destroyed by tight ends, including the one hundred yarder by Kate Atten last week and Baltimore allowing the second most tight end yards for a game. In fact, I'm moving in Joco up to a B. Yeah, Jameis Winston unless he's changed, he's the ultimate yolo quarterback. We saw him two years ago in three starts for the Saints before they yanked him, he averaged twelve passing yards per attempt. To give you an idea what that is. Only Anthony Richardson is averaging twelve yards per attempt this season. Gunslinger gunslinger and does not matter if guys are covered or not. He'll throw into triple coverage.
Speaker 4: Doesn't care.
Speaker 1: For the past five opposing quarterbacks to face the face, the Ravens have thrown multiple touchdowns against them this is a bad pass defense, allowing the most passing yards three hundred and eight per game. We haven't seen Winston in two years, but you know, knocks the rust off here. I think he's a really really interesting start, and I've got a C grade on him here. You could convince me to make him a B grade. Probably should have made him take a chance at me quarterback.
Speaker 6: One of my favorite quotes is your own Ford telling reporters that Jamis Winston calls plays in the huddle like he has a surprise to tell Yes.
Speaker 1: I love that, Yeah, I love that. That's great. Let's go to our next matchup, Scott, it's the Arizona Cardinals taking the Miami doll Hang him the Dolphins. Yeah, Miami defense is tricky. Good tell me it. Well they might paper, Yes, yes, they played a lot of bad teams. What do you think about the Cardinals?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was going to be part of my point. They ranked best against fantasy quarterbacks, no multi score games, only one passer over one hundred and sixty yards. They haven't allowed a QB to score in over a month. They did just give up fifty six yards on the ground of Richardson, which might be helpful for Kyler Murray. Yeah, I do have a small caveat on their high ranks. Though they've only scored six touchdowns the Dolphins have in total, They've scored seventy points in six weeks. That's nineteen fewer than any other team. They played, the Jags, Pat the Pats, the Titans, a bunch bunch of really low win teams. They've been held to twelve points, are fewer in all the non tour games. Teams don't have to score on them, they don't have to pass on them at all.
Speaker 1: That's part of it game.
Speaker 3: So between bad teams and not having to score on the Dolphins, maybe their defense isn't that good, but the numbers are good right now. So I have a C grade on Kyler Murray. I think he can get out over that. I'm not even going to go one of the call of duty stuff.
Speaker 1: No, what about Marvin Harrison, which has become extremely thorny.
Speaker 3: He's had like two good quarters all year exactly. I have a C grade on him. I actually had a bench grade on him most of the week, and I've decided, you know, and I just got to throw a C grade on him. He's getting six plus targets in most games, all but one game. Miami does a lot of the fewest Fantasy points wide receiver and all that. Mike Clay of ESPN thinks that Ramsey may shadow him as he's shadowed the last two weeks. HiT's a tough matchup. Only DK Metcalf got past sixty three yards and that was due to that seventy one yard score. But Marvin Harrison forty five percent of his targets have been uncatchable. He's shown a little frustration out there. Maybe there's a little squeaky wheel and it's got to be the only He's just about all they can throw to outside of McBride and Connor. Trey McBride, I do have an A grade here. Third toughest matchup for tight ends, but Trey has been fairly consistent and the Dolphins have faced basically no tight ends. Kincaid fans like Barner Fair, Mallory Granson like just nothing. So we really don't know how great they're against tight ends. McBride himself averaging five for fifty over seven targets a game, twenty five percent target share. Yeah, I got an a grade there. James Connor is going to get an A grade. He has forty missed tackles on the season. Wow, that's fifteen last week, eleven more than anybody else, which is God.
Speaker 1: Blessed Jane Connor. Connor for extending his career like this and still being a viable good running back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, averaging eighteen for eighty two is basically a coin flip to score each week. Over one hundred total yards and three the last four and Dolphins allow and a whopping four point seven six yards per carry. I got an A grade there. I think he can get it done as well. Over on the Miami side, Tua was my take a chance on me player. Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddle I have B grades on him both. I could give an A to Tyreek, but he's got this foot issue that I'm worried. How much is he gonna play? Will will he come out at times? He's the kind of guy that likes to be a gamer, but he will come to the sideline.
Speaker 1: So I am more skeptical on Tyreek just automatically being the version we saw last year. The most people are and it's frustrated that even with two out they couldn't find ways to get the ball right, Yreek Hill right.
Speaker 3: I will note part of that B ranking for both of them is Arizona ranks bottom ten in yards receptions and scores allowed to wide receivers. Hill and Waddle both went over one hundred yards and Hill scored in that first two A game. And Arizona allows the fourth most Fantasy points to the slot where Hill goes about thirty five to forty percent of the time, and they do have favorable matchups. Hill's gonna get Max Melton, who allows eighty three percent of passes to complete it in his coverage. They have three cornerbacks with neck with injuries right now who are questioned about coming in, and Waddle's going up against Darling Thomas who's allowing one hundred and twenty nine passerra in his coverage one hundred and twenty three last year. So they have some good matchups, so B grades on both of them. And in the run game, I have Devon ah Chan. Devon a Chan with an A grade averages twenty six point eight PPR points when he gets ten plus carries and a healthy TUA. I saw that stat this week. I wish I could remember exactly where I saw it, but he has more than five times the targets and averages just under four catches per game compared to most It, so I'm giving him the A grade. Also, he's got almost all the inside the five looks. Mostard only has one.
Speaker 1: So which is bizarre what happened last year.
Speaker 3: I'm still giving most of the Sea because this is a team that just like might take a chance on me runner, a team that allows thirty running back touches a week. Montgomery and Gibbs both were able to make it work. Jacobs and Emmanuel Wilson were able to make it work. Both be viable. So a C grade on most.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on that. And a Chan's not a workhorse back. I don't know how many different ways they can prove it. Yep, Thor. Let's sneak in one more matchup, Carolina taking on Denver should not take very long. Got about four minutes here. Let's start on the Carolina side where they're back to Bryce.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and of course you're keeping them on the bench. I don't think I have enough to go into that, especially in this matchup.
Speaker 1: Yontae Johnson out, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Cuba Hubbard, we're gonna give him a c RB sixteen and fantasy points per game. He needed a touchdown against the Commanders to salvage fantasy value last week.
Speaker 4: This is a bad.
Speaker 6: Matchup versus a very good defense. The Broncos allowed the tenth fewest rushing yards per game. You mentioned Deontay Johnson being out, which means that Xavier Lagette, Jalen Coker, and Jonathan Mingo are your receiving corps this week. Of course, Adam Thielan is also out from before last week against the Commanders of the Non Johnson wide receivers, Lagett led the team with thirty well let the non Johnson receivers with thirty six snaps. Cocher was second at twenty two. Even though Jonathan Mingo started, he had only eleven snaps in that game. Through four games and one hundred and four snaps, Coker has the highest PFF grade of Panthers wide receivers of all of them, including Deontay Johnson.
Speaker 1: Howre you calling a breakout game for Coke right here?
Speaker 6: He's the one that I would sniff around because Patrick Surtan is likely to erase Xavier Lagette from this game.
Speaker 4: And here's the other thing.
Speaker 6: Coker has played seventy three and a half percent of his snaps in the slot so far. The Broncos pass defense is awesome, of course, but Denver is one of eleven NFL teams who have allowed forty five percent or more of the fantasy point points per game to opposing receivers to come to the slots as opposed to the boundary. That's how you attack them. Jalen Cocher deployed out of the slot. I think he's gonna get some targets in this. I'm gonna give Coker a see and I'm gonna say keep Loaguett on the bench because of that, Bonix might take a chance on me.
Speaker 3: Quarterback.
Speaker 6: I'm giving Javonte Williams an a at least thirteen carries for at least sixty yards and three of the past four games one hundred and eleven total yards and two touchdowns last Thursday against the Saints.
Speaker 4: This is a tremendous matchup.
Speaker 6: To keep the momentum going, the Panthers are allowing the most fantasy points to opposing running backs Courtland Sutton. The afore mentioned Cortland Sutton, I'm gonna give him a sea was blanked in the box score last week it was even worse than that at zero first read targets. Wow, first read looks, I'm sorry, and zero targets. Bonus didn't even look at him, and that's despite a seventy percent route share.
Speaker 1: Why it was.
Speaker 6: Crazy, but this should be a bounce back spot. Carolina has allowed the most PBR points per target and the fourth most yards per game to perimitter wide receivers both throw Courtland the ball, So we're gonna get We're gonna give him a seat.
Speaker 4: Troy Franklin, I'm gonna keep him on the bench.
Speaker 6: Last week he had the five catchup for fifty yards twenty three percent target share. He is a flex option in deeper leagues, but in standard leagues I would advise keep him on the bench. This Panthers defense has given up over thirty four points per game. How much does Bonix air this thing out. We'll have to see on that, but only in deeper leagues.
Speaker 4: When I start Franklin as a.
Speaker 1: Flex, Yeah, we're gonna watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how did you let me get through Miami without mentioning Johnasmith?
Speaker 1: Well, I thought he just wasn't relevant.
Speaker 5: Enough for you.
Speaker 3: I did have him on the Backshie cards have only allowed two ten ends over thirty six yards, just one score, and we only had one catch in the full two a game earlier this year.
Speaker 1: We loved Jonas Smith.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 1: We only hope for good things for.
Speaker 3: Johnasst week last week though.
Speaker 1: Lots of amazing tools at fantasylife dot com. You'll want to check out things like the start sit tool, player projections, air yards, snap counts, routes, run, the utilization tools, all these great tools at fantasylife dot com. And because you're a Fantasy Football Weekly.
Speaker 3: Listener, you can get twenty percent off.
Speaker 1: By using promo code f FW twenty. That brings your cost under three bucks a month per year. That is a great deal on a huge tool set, and you get a lot of thornized. Yeah, lots of thorny come to Fantasy Life dot com. We encourage you to do that. Back for our number two when we come back, including the Bills and the Seahawks. We already talked a little bit about this Buffalo Bills offense. We'll give you some in extra insight on Amri Cooper when we come back. Our number two of Fantasy Football Weekly, Paul Chargi and Scott Fish and Thorn Eistrom with you. This is a game we call three tough questions. Play along, see if you can go three.
Speaker 5: And oh tough question number one rest of season?
Speaker 1: Will new Chiefs receiver DeAndre Hopkins finished most often in fantasy scoring? Is a wide receiver, one wide receiver, two flex or bench. We begin with Scott Fish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this this one was a little bit tough for me. I could. I don't see it being much higher than flex, if at all, it might be bench. I'm gonna go with flex, though he'll be flex worthy of he'll finish his flexworthy a few times. His hands are still there. He has twenty one targets, sixteen of which were catchable, and he caught fifteen of the sixteen catchable balls, so his hands are still there. His yards per route run still fairly decent, especially given the team. I will say worthy is there. They tried the worthy in the last couple of weeks. Didn't seem to work out. Juju's coming back. No Gray has stepped up. There's and when if we ever truly trusted wide receivers from Kansas City. I don't think he's going to enter what Ray Rice was doing. But I think he's gonna end multiple weeks with some good PPR scores.
Speaker 1: I'm glad I'm not the only one that is called Rashid Rice Race.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, you don't want to replicate him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've done it. I know, I don't know why. Uh, Well, the last name Rice, I mean there is that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Rest of season.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: New Chiefs wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins most often finished in fantasy scoring as a wide receiver one, wide receiver two, flex or bench.
Speaker 6: Jerry Rice, by the way, has a great cameo in the Uber Eats commercial.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's tremendous.
Speaker 6: I just had to say I feel like a SAPP for I thought about this question too long, and I'm just gonna say in advance, I feel like a sapp But I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna say wide receiver two. Oh okay to say wide receiver.
Speaker 6: Two, and this I might be getting manipulated by Andy Reid, so I will also say that as a caveat. But Andy Reid did say that Hopkins is going to be used in the quasi Rashi Rice role with some added looks that MVS used to get downfield. You look at what Rice would do in the first three games twenty nine targets and those so almost ten per game only a five point two a dot mvs. You look at his two seasons with Kansas City, he had a dots of fifteen, a little over fifteen, and then almost eighteen.
Speaker 4: Yards per target.
Speaker 6: So if Hopkins indeed get some of those balls chucked up to him and he I mean, the ball scales on Hopkins have always been insane, and they're also manufacturing touches for him closer to the line, he might be washed. But just from the volume, if Andy Reid is telling the truth, I think he's going to be super fantasy relevant going forward.
Speaker 1: DeAndre Hopkins, just yes or no for both of you. Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Yes, wide receivers, so tough for Twell of Fame. I'm gonna go not yet, We'll see. It's such a tough position to get. He could keep playing, right, it's such a tough position.
Speaker 1: Right now where he ranks. There are a couple of receivers that have better stats than him that aren't in. Irving Fryar shockingly, Henry Ellard not in.
Speaker 3: I mean, just look at how long it took Tim Brown to get in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, long time they didn't have to play with will Levis, though, to be.
Speaker 1: Fair, I know there is not every year. This is what will Levis has done to him. Hopkins averaging two catches for twenty eight yards in Tennessee per game. That's it. He's wide receiver seventy five. Now we don't know is DeAndre Hopkins cooked or is he just the victim of terrible quarterbacking or both. We don't know. That's we'll find out now. Right now, it's year twelve. I don't see Hopkins turning into a target magnet here. He has not averaged more than four and a half receptions per game in four years, so the volume's probably going to stay pretty low now. He should be able, and Thorn made this point. I totally agree. He's got that big frame. He can box out defenders, he can bring down contested catches, he can. I think he turns into a touchdown dependent wide receiver that you can play in the right matchups as a flex option, but only as a flex option and as a touchdown dependent receiver. Correct answer flex.
Speaker 5: Tough question number two.
Speaker 1: Has Russell Wilson unlocked the Steelers offense?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 6: Bring back our King justin Fields, But no, I am going to say no. I obviously appreciate what he did after the slow start against the Jets in that blowout win, but only completed fifty five point two percent of his passes, and there could have been some some advantageous running after the catch there as well.
Speaker 4: To have the stats, I'm gonna say, no, Okay.
Speaker 1: Scott is has Russell Wilson. I've lost My question. Is Russell Wilson unlocked the Steelers offense?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he kind of took some of my points with the fifty five percent completion and the yards after the catch I had fifty five. You actually went to the decimal point. You knew it better than I did. Just the week before they beat the Raiders thirty two to thirteen, and this week was thirty seven. Like it's they were very similar. Fields was a top twelve fantasy quarterback three times that I don't think he unlocked it, but in a one game sample size that looked good. And it looks like they finally unlocked George Pickens to a degree. So if that connection can keep going, maybe, but I wouldn't say he's full on unlocked it yet.
Speaker 1: So I know it's a no. Yes, First, Russell Wilson's arm looks noticeably weaker and slower than the previous versions of that Russell Wilson arm, and I didn't like that. George Pickens had to be a freaking superhero to bring down all those contested catches. But the new the numbers are indisputable. His tight ends combined for eighty seven yards. George Pickens and Van Jefferson posted season best numbers. Man, When you can ring out fantasy points out of Van Jefferson, you're doing something right now. Granted that was against a Jets secondary that was missing four starter, so maybe that was part of it. Now this week he's got the Giants. This is a much better, shockingly better defense pass efense, and they're getting in tons of pressure on opposing quarterbacks. So this is the real test for Russell Wilson. But for the moment, we're gonna say no.
Speaker 5: Tough question number three, This is a.
Speaker 3: Question I did not think i'd be asking.
Speaker 1: Is bow Knicks a top twelve fantasy quarterback for the rest of the season. So basically, I'm saying, is he an every week's starter the rest of the way? Bow Nicks? We begin with Scott fish.
Speaker 3: Now, can I bring up those two stats that I wanted to cover live? First of all, answer your question with a probably not unless you're going to depend a ton on his running. He averages one hundred and seventy eight passing yards a game. His rushing has kind of been all over the map to He's got a bunch of low rushing yard edge days that were saved by touchdowns supplemented with a score he is. Here comes the two stats. He is second in the league and designed runs, behind only Jaydon Daniels, and he is second all time in rushing yards in his first seven games for a quarterback, behind only Cam Newton. Newton, however, top forty five yards rushing nine times in his rookie season and was quite consistently rushing for decent amounts. This seems all over the map so far this year. We'll see if this trend continues and he you know, keeps rushing more and more and keeps scoring. But I'm gonna go with no. Top twelve is a really high benchmark.
Speaker 1: That is a high benchmark. But he's that's about worry. I know your love of bo Dicks, Well, just well, now we fight.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Four is bow knicks a top twelve fantasy quarterback for the rest of the year. We know you like him this week against the Panthers. I don't care about that rest of the year.
Speaker 6: I don't want to live in a world where Boneck is a top to fantasy quarterback.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say no.
Speaker 6: You know you think of like a standard league, would he be startable every week? I do think he's an I forgot I'd say this streamable based on Advantage's matchups. But no, not not top twelve rest of the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, quarterback thirteen right now. Despite averaging less than one touchdown pass per game, fourth and rushing yards Scott mentioned second in designed runs, passing is getting better and here's why. In the first month of games, Bonis average was averaging four and a half yards per pass. That's it couldn't get anything done on that. But over the past three weeks that he's improved it by fifty percent. He's up to six point eight yards. That puts him into like legitimate NFL passing territory when you're about seven yards per pass, So you know he's up there with Kyler Murray and Justin Herbert. So there's glimmers of hope emerging with Troy Franklin Devon Vley. But the reality is rushing quarterbacks get it done in fantasy football. Lonix is going to be a top twelve quarterback the rest of the work.
Speaker 3: We've talked. We've talked about this before in preseason about how the rushing you hit a certain benchmark and you're basically locked for top twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, can I mention the Derrick Henry yards yards after contact stat from last segment and the bone No, I mean, I mean I can, But the bon Knicks Cam Newton stat on this segment. Those both came from the f F newsletter. I just wanted to give credit where credit is due. I hate when people don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is. Oh yeahs f F newsletter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a newsletter. But I can, I can clarify that it was actually Derrick Henry and eighty five yards most rushing yards since twenty eighteen Henry after contact with over seven thousand at number two, and Nick Chubb at number three with about sixty five hundred. It's insane, But yeah, those came from the f F newsletters.
Speaker 1: It should be in the Hall of Fame. Saints take on the Chargers. Now this broadly about the Saints. Five offensive linemen are on IR and both guards are currently listed as questionable. So you know the Broncos last weekend Spencer Rattler running for his life on every snap, and I'm afraid that's exactly what's going to happen here. Derek Carr not expected to play. The only letter grade I've got for you is Alvin Kamara, and just to see, in the first month of the season, Kamara's average finish was running back six. Since then running back twenty one. His rushing yards over the last three games twenty six, forty and ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's bad.
Speaker 1: We've learned that Khmara's got a broken hand, which, weirdly, they're still throwing to him and he can catch. How do you catch on a broken hand?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know a professional athlete.
Speaker 1: I guess, and maybe a lot of painkillers. He's caught at least five passes in four straight games. And that's the only reason you can flex Kamara here at all is the presumption of about eight PPR points and up hopefully, like I don't know, forty rushing yards maybe, but that's it the rush. The Chargers run defense has been very good.
Speaker 5: Chris A.
Speaker 1: Lobby is going to return here, but I hesitate to start him with Spencer Rattler at the helm behind a makeshift offensive line, And even if A Lobby gets a lot of looks, I worry about an inefficient date. Marshall Lattimore is expected to play in this game, and he'll almost certainly shadow a Labbe. Last week against the Chargers, no receiver topped twenty one yards. Chris A. Lobby's on the bench. Let's go to the LA side. I've got a couple of starters for you. JK. Dobbins a grade. Over the past five weeks, the Saints are allowing the second most rushing yards one hundred and forty three per game. Dobbins should get most of the one hundred and forty three yards, and they're giving up a whopping six yards per carry. The Saints run defense is totally up. Yeah, Justin Herbert was might take a chance on me. Quarterback Lad mcconkee coming in with a C grade. He does have hip injury, but expected to play. He's been the only quasi reliable Charger receiver. He runs primarily from the slot where he'll have a positive matchup against cornerback alanse Alante Taylor, who gives up an eighty one percent catch rate and gave him a touchdown in his coverage last week to Chris Godwin. That was just two weeks ago. Chris Godwin C grade on Ladd McConkie scout.
Speaker 3: Let's work in one more matchup.
Speaker 1: I think we have time buffalo bills taking out of Seattle Seahawks. You already told you like Ray Davis. Yeah, obviously that tells me you like James Cook.
Speaker 3: I yeah, the same stuff. Five point two yards per Carrie, second most rushing yards, first most combo yards. Just a lot of touches to be had, and James Cook is getting fifteen plus touches for seventy five plus yards per game, scored in four of his last five. Yeah, he got an A grade on James Cook over to the passing game. Josh Allen, I'm giving a B grade to Seahawks. Pressure a lot their top three and knockdowns, hurries and pressures. So that might lead to Alan to scramble a few times and get you some get you a few rushing yards, which is good. Goff Jones Perty and cousin spent the last month averaging two hundred and fifty nine yards and two scores on the Seahawks, so he should get some in the air too. So I got a B grade there. You could probably talk me into an A grade, but I'm going to go with a B grade for now. In the passing game as well, Amari Cooper, I have a B grade on in just nineteen snaps thirteen dropbacks, he saw five targets a thirty eight percent target chair on that very limited work week. But that four for sixty six is likely to increase this week. Six different wide receivers have scored on Seattle in the last four games, and Reek Wooland but was it, Tarik, Like did that switch it? I just said, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So now he's reaked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been Reek all season. And I was like, see, I didn't notice fisher is all season. In Week three, Dalton kincaid, I got a B grade on Seahawks allow the sixth most receptions and fourth most yards two tight ends. Henry just went and Henry went eight for one oh nine against them, and over the last month, Laporta four for fifty three. Theo Johnson five for forty eight, Kittle five for fifty eight, Pitch seven for sixty five. Basically, everybody's post everybody's posting. Good game.
Speaker 1: God, do we need a big Dalton Kincaid game? Please?
Speaker 3: Yes, Yes. Over on the Seattle side, Gino Smith gets a C grade. He's second in the league in air yards, first in the league in passing yards two hundred and eighty three per game. Three of the Bill's four worst passing days came in the last three week three weeks to Stroud, Rogers and Root, so they're trending down and allowing a lot of passing yards. So C grade there on Gino Smith. Not a lot of touchdowns though, so that's that's why the C grade in the passing game as well. Tyler Lockett, it sounds like DK Metcalf is not gonna go. He does sometimes play hurt mcl sprang, but he went down to doubtful on Friday, so I think he'll be out. So over to Tyler Lockett, who I'm given the B grade to four plus catches forty five plus yards in all but one game. He's the consistently safe one. Last three games, wide receivers have five wide receivers have seventy five plus yards or a score against the Bills, So I'm giving a C grade as well to Jackson Smith in JIGBA, A few slot guys like Greg Dorsch, Christian Kirk, and Stefan Diggs all had pretty decent days against them. They're one of the league's worst in yards per route run. He'll get Tarren Johnson, who's, you know, one of the tougher spots, a twenty nine QB rating against but just a fifty percent completion rate. So C grade is maybe he's forced to move around in a void, him and his seven D eight targets might bump up to double digits over in the run game. Kenneth Walker averaging eighteen touches with nearly five of them being Walker receptions.
Speaker 1: He's so good and if they're using him now in the passing game, as you're just mentioning, yeah, Kenneth Walker is.
Speaker 3: The nearly five receptions a game on average, He's.
Speaker 1: The best league running back nobody talks about.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, And the Bills allow the second most receptions and yards through the air to back's fourth most combo yards, So I have an A grade on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, As well, you should nothing at Jake Bobo and I guess I don't play.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I wrote it down that if you wanted a dart throw it could be Jake Bobo on the outside. But I feel it's, you know, no buys this week, so not you got options?
Speaker 1: Probably am I wrong to want Jake Bobo to be traded to the Broncos so I could have a touchdown pass that is Jake bo Bo Bo Nicks. Oh nice, I like that?
Speaker 3: Ask you also in that Seattle offense, no fans who's had two great games in a row could be at Darth with gk Metcalf out. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: When we come back, Atlanta takes on Tampa Bay. This is a very important game for both of these teams. Kirk Cousins has played well the majority of the season, and the Bucks secondary has been pretty shaky. We'll find out where Kirk Cousins ranks when we come back to Fantasy Football Beat. Welcome back Fantasy's Football Weekly. Another block of matchups for you in this Week eight with no buys, weird, We're gonna be dealing with buyes at Week fourteen. But ow we gate thor Atlanta takes on Tampa Bay. Very important game for playoff positioning between these teams. Basically since one, Kirk Cousins looked pretty darn good. This passing offense has been good. Bucks pass defense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you said it. Kirk Couzins will lead him off with an a here. He did have the off day against Seattle with with nine fantasy points, but this is the perfect get right game week five against these same Bucks. You guys will recall forty two point four fantasy points for Kirk Cousins. That was the five hundred nine passing yards in four touchdown games.
Speaker 4: Bijon.
Speaker 6: Of course, he's gonna be obvious start and an a two hundred and forty eight yards from scrimmage over the last two weeks for him starting to cook a little bit.
Speaker 4: Tyler Ljier. I gave him a CE.
Speaker 6: He only played on twenty three percent of the snaps last week, but that's gonna spike against the injury decimated Bucks here and could be a sneaky flex start in standard leagues. Great eljierfaces the Bucks defense. It's giving up more than five yards per carry, so yeah, they get that lead in the second half and he could he could churn out numbers.
Speaker 4: Drake London obvious a must start. Same for Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 6: I can't believe I'm saying that Kyle Pitts has eight plus PPR points in five to seven games this year and ten plus in four of seven, and then Darnell Mooney giving him a bee. The last six weeks, Mooney's fourteen point eight PPR average ranks in the top sixteen of NFL receivers. Tampa has allowed the fifth most Fantasy points to wide receivers. And last time Mooney played the Bucks in that game where everybody went ballistic, nine catches, one hundred five yards and two touchup. But I couldn't give everybody an A, so he's got.
Speaker 4: To be a bee. Moving over to the Bucks, Baker Mayfield, I give him a C.
Speaker 6: Leeds NFL the NFL with eighteen passing touchdowns and its top six impasser rating en yards per attempt. The issue, of course, is the injuries to Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. That's really gonna hurt, so I had to downgrade him to a C in this matchup because of that. Rashad White, I give him a C. Bucky Irving is questionable didn't practice on Thursday.
Speaker 4: Well we'll end up seeing on that.
Speaker 6: If Irving is out, this committee gets cut to White and Sean.
Speaker 3: Tucker's But yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: But you know I either way, White is the receiving guy there, and with Evans and Godwin both out, there is going to be increased targets the two games.
Speaker 4: So there's only been two games so.
Speaker 6: Far this season where a shot White finishes a top twenty eight Fantasy wide receiver. He had six catches for seventy plus yards in both of those, so the targets are going to be coming here.
Speaker 4: But it's a tough matchup.
Speaker 6: I will say the Falcons have been the best team in the NFL against receiving running backs, so a PPR he's a for sure mustart White because of that. But yeah, standard league, standard scoring. I give him a sea. Jalen McMillan was might take a chance on me. Receiver Trey Palmer, I'm giving him a See he's never been targeted heavily, but he does give you that home run utility. He could hit a dinger at any time, and they obviously need to generate offense, so he's probably gonna get a couple looks there. Atlanta has allowed the second highest PPR points per target to perimeter wide receivers and nineteenth in receiving yards per game allowed for the Falcons, so at least it's an advantageous matchup Sterling Shepard.
Speaker 4: I'm keeping him on the bench.
Speaker 6: I know there's some optimism for him out there in terms of being Baker Mayfield's college teammate and all the injuries he could get on the field. I think Jalen McMillan, though, is going to the slot, and if I'm right about that, where do you play Sterling Shepherd. That's where it gets really hairy for him. I just wouldn't mess with it. And then Kate Atton giving him a B in this matchup. Top five Fantasy tight end the past five weeks, had twenty six catches and is averaging eleven Fantasy points per game during that span, more targets, of course coming with Evans and God went out.
Speaker 4: It's also a good matchup.
Speaker 6: Aten has been targeted four times more versus zone than man coverage, four times more versus zone coverage then man coverage. The Falcons run zone at the third highest rate in the NFL this season. I don't know why I put a B. I'm upgrading him to an A.
Speaker 1: Kad talk to yourself right in. I did, Yeah, nicely done. Kate on surging lately. A couple of Tyler L. Geerstats for you. Yeah, please among players with his runners. With his fifty six carries, Tyler L. Geer ranks third and missed tackle rate and fifth in yards per carry. Dude, it's just good.
Speaker 3: He's good.
Speaker 1: He's just good. And everybody's like, well, if like, if you said anything good about Tyler lg Or, people think you're saying something bad about Jon Robinson.
Speaker 5: I'm not.
Speaker 1: They're both really good players and they're both being productive.
Speaker 4: Played with Pook and the cool in college too, always U time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I played in Fantasy league with me, Yeah, played with you, yeah.
Speaker 1: And then left one experience of being in a league with you, and he's out.
Speaker 3: We both left.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the Chicago Bears taking on Washington Commanders. That is my game. We begin on the Chicago side with DeAndre Swift getting an A grade in this one. Chicago's run blocking so much better and this is a very positive matchup. Washington ranks twenty seventh in yards per carry, they ranked twenty seventh and run defense success rate, and they ranked twenty eighth in yards after contact. The way you beat Washington unlike per previous years, it's on the ground. You just go run at him. DeAndre Swift, great play this week A grade. Let's go to the receivers, Beginning with dj Moop. He continues to dominate the wide receiver looks for Chicago, averaging eight targets per game. He's the only Bears receiver who's reliably finished as a wide receiver two or flex level player pretty much every week. He runs the majority of his play from the left side of the field. That puts him up against cornerback Ben Saint Juic, who has allowed three scores already along with the fourth most receiving yards of any player in the NFL. So DJ Moore B grade. I've got a C grade on Keenan Allen. Now, last time we saw Alan before Chicago was by He had his first big game for Chicago. He scored twice, but his volume is just okay, five targets per game. It gets enough to keep him startable in a positive matchup. Washington slot corner is rookie cornerback Mike Sandris. Still, he's allowed three scores, a seventy nine percent completion rate, and an opposed passer rating of one hundred and twenty two. So Keenan Allen comes into the C grade. I've got a bench grade in roll of Dunsa, even though I think long term he's gonna be just fine. But low volume a real problem here, averaging just three catchuple targets per game. It's an okay matchup facing off against Washington cornerback Noah iigbin Oghnay. I think I got that right. He's Pro Football focuses cornerback eighty four. But igbinoga Away is much better this year, allowing per game averages of three catches for just twenty two yards in his coverage. I'm going with it. Hopefully his parents did too. Cole Comet comes out of the Sea grade. Usage is pretty low and he's a touchdown dependent player, but he's on the field enough to keep him relevant. Fortunately, the Commanders have given up three straight good not great games to tight ends, including touchdowns in two of the past three. So we'll keep a C grade on cole Comet. And then where does that leave us with Caleb Williams He's made incremental improvements in just about every game this year, and I've got BC and C grades on his receivers, so certainly startable here. Washington secondary isn't the doormat of past seasons, and no quarterback has topped one touchdown against Washington in a month, which is super weird. Three of the past four quarterbacks did not top one hundred and forty two passing yards.
Speaker 3: Really really low, really really.
Speaker 1: I mean, what are we talking about here? An emerging elite pass defense for Washington seems weird. Maybe let's go to the Washington side. Love Brian Robinson in this game, Massive, Massive game potentially incoming. The way to beat the Bears is on the ground, where Chicago far more vulnerable than against the pass, where they're elite. In the past month of games, Chewba Hubbard, Kyron Williams, and Jonathan Taylor of all posted touchdowns at least ninety seven rushing yards. Love Brian Robinson with an A grade in this one, and staying with the running game, Austin Eckler comes in with a C. You know, we'll see a run orientation for Washington with or without Jayden Daniels. We'll talk about that in a minute. Eckler's been a really nice PPR helper except last week when they blew out the Panthers and then basically he just rested. His three catches for forty yards per game gets you seven PPR points right away, and all the rushings, gravy Bears run defense, middle of the pack, and pretty much every meaningful metric, Austin Eckler gets a sea grape. Now, if Jaydon Daniels goes, he's a game time decision. Certainly start, but I worry that the team will protect his ribs by not letting him run, and then if I just have to rely on Jade and Daniels passing, this is a tough matchup against a really good secondary the Bears. The Bears do have injuries in their secondary. Slack cornerback Kyler Gordon just got put on IR and starting safety Jaquan Brisker got put on IR. So I'm hoping that we can get a B grade out of Jalen Daniels one way or another. But he's got some flop to him here, some dud potential if he does not run to protect the ribs that I want you to be aware of. If he does go in this one. If he doesn't go, I've got a C grade on Marcus Mariota and a B grade on Jaden Daniels. But let's talk through where this gets really thorny.
Speaker 3: Oh Boys.
Speaker 1: Terry McLaurin, he's got a brutal matchup with the best coverage cornerback in football outside of maybe Patrick certain and that's Jalen Johnson. He will shadow in this spot because there's nobody else worth shadowing. And look at what he's done to a They're good number one receivers Deontay Johnson twenty three yards two weeks ago, two games ago, previous game, Brian Thomas twenty seven yards on average. Jalen Johnson gives up one and a half catches for eighteen yards in his coverage. That's it. Now the Bears slot corners. I mentioned Kyler Gordon's out, so maybe they move Terry McLaurin into the slots to try to grid him of Jalen Johnson, and that could That's why I'm giving a SE grade to Terry McLaurin, But otherwise this will be a bench grade against Jalen Johnson. Zach Ertz comes in with a c grade and Ertz could be helpful against the team that just gave up eleven catches and a one hundred yard game. The Jaguars tight ends. If mclaurin's neutralized, you know, mariot Ar Daniels will need to find alternative receiving options and that could be zach Ertz in this game. I think it's time to.
Speaker 3: Go to a break sure, straight, Yeah, let's do that. Final block of matchups.
Speaker 1: Coming up, including Cowboys and Niners. Lots of moving parts with this Niners situation.
Speaker 3: Will we speculate prematurely?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we will speculate prematurely. Oh, we are very excite. In fact, the contentious version of premature school comic Thord is a he and I are gonna go Mono Imano when we come back to Fantasy Football Weekly, final segment of Fantasy Football Weekly, we always start this one with a trip to the Fantasy Football Weekly time Machine.
Speaker 3: Premature speculation.
Speaker 1: Players you want to pick up now that other people be trying to pick up next week, but they're already on your team. Yes, Scott Fish, who you got?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with Khalil Herbert, who has been talks of trade rumors of the last couple of weeks. Maybe, just maybe you can grab him, stash him and he becomes the Dallas back before the trade deadline. That'd be the place, right, Yes, but mostly I'm going to take my mid year, mid fantasy regular season time to say, go pick up backup running backs if they're out there. The Jalen Rights, the Blake Corms, the Kamani Videls, the Arodrick Estimates, the Tyler Goodson, Sean Tucker, Ray Davis, Braylan all and Tyler Lgier, Warren Rashawn Johnson, any of those guys. Pick them up. Injuries happen, things happen at the end of the season. Every year, one or two of the backups become very fantasy relevant at the end of the season.
Speaker 1: Justice Hill would be Oh Justice.
Speaker 3: Hill another one.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's pretty goood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, credit him.
Speaker 1: I thought he was very mundane with you first few years in the league. Man, he's like, no dynamic to that offense. All right, your premature speculation player for I liked it.
Speaker 6: Fish did a former rock Chalker in Khalil Herbert finish his career a Virginia Tech.
Speaker 4: But Sara at Kansas, I'm going with you would aybody ever leave Kansas? I don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, I suppose I came to back to Minnesota, but I'm going with Ricky Piersow for respect. He's only owned in five and a half percent of ESPN leagues. Oh yeah, at least when I looked it up a day or two ago. Brandon Ayuka Korus out for the season, Juwan Jennings out with a hip injury, Deebo and George Kittle both questionable. Pearsall needs to be rostered in all formats. Six foot, one hundred, ninety pounds, he was ninety ninth percentile athlete coming out. I comped him to Adam Thielen. The last three years. Pearsall was the wide receiver one in college for Jayden Daniels at Arizona State, then for Anthony Richardson and Graham Mertz at Florida. He swaps. You can use them both in the slot or on the boundary. Exceptional hands. He had an eighty six point eight PFF hands grade in twenty twenty three. This from my scouting report over this spring at Vansfield. For route running and coverage designs, he will modify his path to get into open grass against zone and flick unpredictable and unsettling tempo changes at defenders in man like a toddler in control of your car's volume. Nub pier saw Mary's head deep head and shoulder deeks with sudden cuts at the peak of his stem to Coke's false steps, deliberate footwork in and out of breaks. On extended plays, He'll throw the He'll throw the plane out the window and freelance himself open. I really really like Ricky Piersow. He has the opportunity. Now I expect him to put up numbers.
Speaker 1: It's come to this. The healthy forty nine er receiver is the gunshot victim. Yeah, crazy, crazy turn of all right, so this are you and I are going to different thought. Tampa Bay slot receiver last year, Chris Godwin. They foolishly moved him outside where it's productivity. Wait wait, wait, moved him back inside this year and Godwin went through the roof. The guy who played the slot last year four hundred and twelve snaps, Trey Palmer. Now they got all these moving parts with Evans and Godwin, but going out in the same game. I don't know that they automatically move McMillan even though his college he ran the slought a lot and ran effectively there. But I don't know if they want to change like all three receivers, and what they do could be they just asked Trey Palmer to walk into the Chris Godwin rolled because that's what he did last year with all the snaps that he got. So I'm throwing a little speculative love at Trey Palmer to see if he hits the slot.
Speaker 3: You don't think he would.
Speaker 1: I think we'll find out. Yeah, but we both want the slot reces. Yes we do in the Tampa.
Speaker 3: If you need it.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the final set of games Sunday Night football, Dallas taking San Francisco Scott.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So Jamie Eisenberg mentioned this this week, how dak's worst game after a bye and and this is a no small sam this like eight years is twenty two fantasy points. He averages twenty eight in the last three is at like twenty eight, thirty four thirty. He comes out of the by just blazing firing. It is a tough matchup, though, against the forty nine Ers defense, who's only allowed one QB to throw for multiple scores. That was of course, Sam Darnold only one passer over two hundred and seventy yards. It was Gino Smith and it took fifty two attempts. But Deak Prescott is way up on that list in attempts and passing yards. He they throw a lot because they don't have a run game, so I'm gonna give him a C grade. He might even end up it with a B if this becomes it becomes a little bit of a shootout, but C grade for him. In the past game, Ceedee Lamb with the A grade, and Jalen Tolbert is going to get the C grade. San Francisco allows the third highest percentage of Fantasy points to the slot. It's where teams kind of attack them. The tenth most fantasy points to the slot. Ceedee Lamb. That's where he's gonna live double digit Fantasy points weekly. I don't really need to go for him much. He's just good. Jalen Tolbert. The run game is not gonna do much here, so they'll need the pass game, and Tolbert is the two second on the team. Basically every category technically gets the toughest matchup in Javarius Ward, but Jalen Tolbert moves around thirty thirty one to thirty nine percent all over the field. He's gonna be able to avoid him and get to his four for fifty average at minimum. Jake Ferguson, I got a B grade on. He averaged six for seventy one yards in three games prior to last week's dud. And he's going against a team that ranks top five in multiple categories. But over the last three weeks they've let up four for sixty six, six for sixty three, and six for fifty three against the tight ends leading tight end. So I do have a B grade here for him. I have Daudo on the bench. Really really, his only good game was the twenty two touch day. I don't think that's in for him here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So over to the San Francisco side, Brock Perty, I got the B grade on Cowboys have the third highest pressure rate, but Perty throws a ton. He's got this.
Speaker 1: No Lawrence and no Bicah Parsons, no Micah Parsings, exactly pure rate was built on these.
Speaker 3: I was just getting there, yep. Pretty second highest in average depth of target behind only Richardson, second in pass yards, second in yards per attempt air yards, They throw a lot, and the Cowboys have allowed multiple scores in four of the last five, and those quarterbacks had twenty seven or fewer attempts. They didn't even need a lot of volume to be able to do it. So b grade for perty. If Debo goes Deebo's dealing with that pneumonia. It sounded like he might be to go, but he is questionable in a game tight decision. If he goes, Dallas allows the fourth fewest Fantasy points to the slot, which could mostly affect him or Piersoll if Debo doesn't go, but without Brandon Ayuk on the field, he gets about forty percent of the target share and air yards. That could be a lot of volume there for Debo, and the target leader against the Cowboys has scored or hit one hundred plus yards in five of six games. Ricky piersall Thorpe pretty much took every one of my talking points, but I will note after Ayuk left he had three for twenty one on four targets. He even got the two point conversion attempt, and he led the forty nine ers in routes run. George Kittle also questionable with that foot injury, but this is a great spot for him. If he goes, I will still give him the A. They've allowed three tight the Cowboys have allowed three tight end scores in the last two weeks. Kittle leads on the all tight ends and targets inside the twenty, inside the ten, inside the five, red zone, target, red zone scores, all of it. So a grade there, and Jordan Mason is getting a grade.
Speaker 1: I love him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he's been giving their but the rock nine times inside the five, which is good for fourth most. But he's only scored twice. That's the problem.
Speaker 1: No, because he's some touchdowns.
Speaker 3: He sees forty of eight man boxes. He's just that's what it is. But a lot of backs have done really, really well against Dallas, Montgomery, Henry Kamara all had multiple scores and backs with major volume like Mason does in the two in his two full healthy games where they won. Uh, he got twenty six and twenty eight touches. That kind of volume A grade, Thord.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the Monday Nighter Giants taking on the Steelers Molakue neighbors. Will they quiet game last week? Do you see a bounce back coming here against the Steelers.
Speaker 4: Definitely.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for and the targets right, So for me, Neighbors is in the must art territory.
Speaker 4: You know, he gets a weekly a for me. Daniel Daniel Jones, I'll give him a seed.
Speaker 6: The past two weeks he only has three four yards, zero touchdowns, thirtieth in yards per attempt and fantasy points per dropback. Pittsburgh has allowed the eleventh fewest passing touchdowns and seventh lowest passer rating. Not the best matchup, but some of the other quarterbacks around the league not the best this week, so I did give Jones a C. Singletary and Tracy, I don't know. I toss this to you guys if you disagree with me, I'm keeping both of them on the bench this week. Yeah, you know, you had the split usage against the Eagles last week to kill both their fantasy values. They only had fifty three total yards combined. Now the Giants played the third ranked Steelers run defense. Pittsburgh allows the seventh fewest fantasy points to opposing running backs. So yeah, it's just hard to trust either of them, so I'm keeping them on the bench. Also, Darius Slayton bench, He's going to be a race by Dante Jackson here and Jan Dale will give him a C wide receiver eighteen and PPR, but only as two weeks as a top thirty Fantasy wide receiver. Bad matchup to project Robinson's volume to turn into anything. Here, the Steelers have allowed the third fewest adjusted yards per attempt to opposing slot receivers. Moving over to those Steelers, Russell Wilson gave him a blow start slow start last week, but would you go a see okay, okay, Yeah, I won be slow start last week, but ended up having that really good debut the return against the Jets debut in Pittsburgh, two hundred and sixty four passing years, two touchdowns, had the rushing touchdown as well, twenty nine fantasy points.
Speaker 4: Obviously a very good matchup.
Speaker 6: The Giants have allowed the ninth most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks this season.
Speaker 1: I'm a little worried the Giants pass rush is just gonna new They're gonna just wreak havoc at the line of scrimmage. Yeah, that's the that's the part that worries me.
Speaker 6: Could good for sure nausea. I gave him a b RB twenty five and Fantasy points per game. He gets the red zone work sixty one percent of snap of the snaps inside the twenty yard line.
Speaker 4: A solid matchup for him as well.
Speaker 6: Giants have allowed the eighth most rushing yards per game and have the second highest misstackle rate in the NFL, so we could see some broken tackles and getting the second level for Nase. I gave Jalen Warren a see finally appears to be one hundred percent off his ribs injury Week seven against the Jets, he had twelve carries for forty four yards and two catches for fifteen yards. Warren is worth using as a flex this week. I believe that Giants have allowed six running backs to score thirteen PPR points. George Pickens I gave him a be wide receiver thirty four and fantasy points per game. He's a target hound of Chorus thirty five plus percent first read share. And here is an interesting thing about this matchup. His target share spikes to almost thirty three percent against single high. The Giants have the sixth highest single high rate in the entire NFL. Oh wow, very advantageous matchup for George Pickens and then Pat Fryarmouth I gave him a C. He only has one top ten tight end showing this year, and this isn't the best matchup for him. The Giants have allowed the seventh fewest fantasy points to opposing tight ends.
Speaker 1: And the last game that we haven't gotten to you Chiefs taking on the Raiders, Kareem Hunts just turned into.
Speaker 3: Like obvious ace Yes, huge belco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, twenty seven and twenty two.
Speaker 3: Care Remember Carson Steele, Look, I must see this coming. I heard someone say that on a show. Remember Carson Steel.
Speaker 1: I know right, Look, I I'm shocked by this turn of events for Kareem Hunt A grade. Let's go to the passing game. Patrick Mahomes B grade, which are starting to feel generous, these B grades they keep giving Patrick Mahomes. He's playing well, but it's just not translating into fantasy points because he's not throwing downfield. Mahomes ranks twenty seventh in completions of more than twenty yards. He used to kill the Raiders in the old days, but they've held him in check last year and they've been much improved as a pass defense this year. The last four quarterbacks to face Vegas have averaged one hundred and seventy yards and less than one touchdown per game can only get you to a B grade on Mahomes, and if it were anybody else, I'd probably be giving a C grade. Travis Kelcey is going to maintain a B barely hasn't. The Raiders haven't played any great tight ends, but they've been terrific against the position. No tight end is top thirty two yards since Week two. They've only allowed one tight end touchdown all year. But Kelsey's on the field almost every snap of the game, and he's only one game removed from back to back tight end top ten tight end efforts, So gonna be optimistic that he bounces back here be grade on him. Then I've got C grades on Justin Watson, me Cole Hartman, and Xavier Worthy because Juju Smith, schuster Is and Sky Moore have both been ruled out of this game. Watson was already on the field a lot, averaging a seventy one percent route raid over the past three weeks. He's a sneaky DFS play here Harden and seeing the field a lot less, but he gets more targets and he's a bigger threat after the catch and Xavier Worthy exactly is feared. He is all or nothing downfield bomb guy, and that's it. Over the past month he has done. He has been a hit or missplayer, and the Raiders have been a much improved pass defense. They've allowed just one wide receiver score in a month and no wide receivers top seventy two yards. So C grades Watson, Hardman, Worthy, DeAndre Hopkins. I'm gonna I think he only gets about fifteen routes in this game, so he is on the bench for me in this one. Let's go to the Las Vegas side. I've only got one starting grade and that's Brock Bowers. The Chiefs are the worst tight end defense in the league, including allowing George Kittle ninety two yards last week. They're giving up the most yards and the most receptions to the position. Bowers has eight, nine and ten receptions the last three weeks. Since the DeVante Adams hamstring injury, Bowers getting even more usage. He is an A grade in this one, and everybody else is on the bench in a very tough matchup. Gardner Minshew is your starting quarterback. Obviously you're not going to start him. Alexander Madison has taken over the running bad lead running back role from Zamirwait. Completely confirmed last week when Zumir White was healthy and had four carries in the game. The Kansas City run defense is awesome and only on volume alone can you consider Alexander Madison here. Kansas City ranks number one in Fantasy points allowed to runners, They're third in yards per carry, fifth in yards after contact, and don't runners top fifty three yards against Kansas City. Alexander Madison is firmly on your bench. Reminder. Gullantine Leagues for me every day, play with friends, play with people you don't know, play with your enemies. We don't care enemies. Yeah, and play with your enemies frenemies at Guillotine leagues dot com. Play for prizing if you want. It's Guillotine Leagues dot com the funnest, freshest way to play fantasy football. And again, all the amazing tools available at fantasylife dot com. You can get all of Thor's great work there as well, and all of my rankings at fantasylife dot com. Thanks for listening, everybody, Best of luck in week number eight. We'll talk to you next weekend. Bye bye, Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.