Speaker 1: He is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys Headquarters at the Star Infrasco.
Speaker 2: Today is Tuesday, March fifth, and we are officially fifty one days away from the NFL Draft in Detroit, Michigan. Time is dwindling and it's time to investigate and educate here on the Draft Show, presented by Miller Light, a taste you can depend on.
Speaker 3: We've got a.
Speaker 2: Full house again today as everybody's back from the combine, back from different road trips throughout, and it's gonna be a phenomenal hour talking about draft prospects with Bobby Belt, Nick Harris, Brian Protess, Aisha Morrison. I'm Kyle Yellman's glad you're with us, and it's been quite the week. And I have to start the show by giving all sorts of props to mister Nick Harris, who was out in Indianapolis yes.
Speaker 3: This past week, did a great job. First round draft pick.
Speaker 4: Guys, I do how was it? It was fun?
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: It was the first combine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was my first combine, first time in Indianapolis, all the way around.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 7: It was a really good experience.
Speaker 6: Got there early Tuesday morning and was going at it until I got back at midnight on Saturday, and it was a it was a good time, man, really good time.
Speaker 3: What was your favorite part?
Speaker 6: Oh man, my face almost imploding at Saint Elmo's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay about shrip cocktail.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, They tried to tell me. I just didn't.
Speaker 7: I took it differently.
Speaker 6: So I went with Alex Lively, one of our great videographers here, and he was like, yeah, man, that.
Speaker 7: Shrip cocktail is pretty good. You gotta be careful, you know.
Speaker 6: And I'm thinking like, oh, okay, I gotta be careful because it's really good, you know, like you're gonna eat a lot of it. And then I'm on the phone with Nick Eatman right as the trimp cocktail gets placed right in front of me, and I'm like, oh, well, I just got this shrimp cocktail.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna try it out.
Speaker 3: Nick.
Speaker 6: He says the same thing. He's like, oh man, I be careful with that. I'm like, I take it the same way. I'm like, oh, okay, it's really good trip cocktail.
Speaker 3: Everybody want me to be careful with this thing?
Speaker 4: Well, it's not.
Speaker 6: It was more so like, okay, so this is gonna be really good. So I'm like, man, I'm gonna take a big fat bite, like on my first bite thing because I want to get it. I want to I want to get it good. I eat the whole shrimp with everything on it, and for the viewers, it's basically like layered and horse radish, but there's a cocktail sauce on top of it, so you don't see the horse radish. So I'm seeing like a ton of cocktail sauce and I'm like, oh man, this is gonna be great because I love cocktail sauce.
Speaker 7: I bite the whole thing.
Speaker 6: And I was really exhausted by this point of the day because it was like nine thirty at night on the first night we had got there, didn't get good sleep the night before, and my face almost like imploded.
Speaker 7: I thought I was about to have like a stroke right there in the middle of Saint Almost you know it was.
Speaker 4: It was. It was taxing.
Speaker 8: You have something in common with Jeff Lurry, the owner with the Eagles.
Speaker 7: That's great.
Speaker 8: So we did the same thing, and we forgot to tell him though we didn't tell him. You know, we just assumed that everybody at the table knows that. Yeah, you take a cracker, you dip it in the cocktail sauce and then you figure that out. Or you take a little bitty bite of the shrimp, yeah you cut it. And Jeff Lurry did the same thing, and literally I thought we'd killed the owner.
Speaker 3: Of the Eagles.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he stopped and his face would flush and I'm like, oh my god, he's not breathing. And it was the horse reddish sauce. But it is something you absolutely have to try there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I immediately started crying, like it was. It was just tears pouring out in my face and sinuses. I was awake for like five more hours after that game. It's better than coffee like that. That's that's that's what.
Speaker 4: Great meal, they said.
Speaker 9: I remember last year there was a column from the Indianapolis Star that where they interviewed the same almost director and they said that that used to be a prank that Jerry would pull on people when they would come in, is that he'd give them the cocktail sauce and not tell him how hot it was, and then he'd just start dying laughing when their mouth was on fire.
Speaker 7: That's that's something I would do.
Speaker 4: Ye like this year, Yes, this year is Jerry.
Speaker 3: This cheery is good at paid for dinner though too there is only one Jerry, just letting you know, good point being good point.
Speaker 2: The worst mistake I ever made, and it also involved saying Elmo's Cockit cocktail sauce. They brought it around on these trays to the convention center. Yeah, but they did it at like seven thirty in the morning. So we were getting ready for the draft show. We were kind of setting up on radio row.
Speaker 3: That'd be perfect for me, Like you said, it was better than coffee.
Speaker 2: So but we they were walking around and me and Alex Lily so everything wrong.
Speaker 7: Happens whenever Alex is honestly truthful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we both grabbed two of them and we're like, oh, nice freeze trip cocktail. This is great and took a big bite of it, enjoyed it had the flush of the sinuses and everything like you're normally that normally do. But then it was like seven thirty in the morning. By like eight fifteen, the stomach just started grumbling. You had the bubble guts. Oh it was not good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, get me out, Yeah, get me out of there.
Speaker 8: I'll tell We'll say a real quick story about Jerry. And when you take the Scouts out to dinner. I'm not a big wine guy and so but there was a six thousand dollars bottle wine circling the table, and I'll never forget. I'm like, the gentleman came by and goes, would you like some one? I sai, no, no, I'm good, thank you. Chris Hall looked at me, you know, and scouting Chris goes, you might want to try a glass at this. I go really, he goes, no, you need to try a glass of this. I'm one of those guys that can't tell the difference. So here I am like a get a glass from six thousand dollars bottle of wine, and I'm like, you know what, I guess it's pretty good. You know, I really couldn't tell. I'm not one of those guys that's kind of the expert of that. But Chris, Chris was nice enough to lean over. He goes, you might want to try a glass of this, and I'm like, all right, man, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: So Team dinners are always fun. Brian's looking at Jerry. He's like did you get this from Trader Joe's.
Speaker 4: That was well, he had he.
Speaker 8: Had two had two bottles. He had two bottles circling the table. And anytime you go to dinner with Jerry, you never look at the menu. He just orders everything appetizer wise, is sitting in front of you and then you can order what you want for the dinner. And uh yeah, there's a lot of fun to that.
Speaker 3: Teams are great.
Speaker 2: Our team dinners are breakfast, tacos, yeah, doughnuts on draft.
Speaker 3: Yrek takes us out afterwards. Does have nice job.
Speaker 8: That's Jerry taking us out. That's a nice job. So yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Uh So, with all that being said, the combine is now in the rearview mirror, the testing is done, the medicals are done.
Speaker 3: What were the number one.
Speaker 2: Things to come out of Indianapolis in your eyes?
Speaker 3: Nick will start with you.
Speaker 7: As far as players.
Speaker 3: Anything out.
Speaker 2: It could be workouts, it could be medicals, it could be performance.
Speaker 7: For me, one of the biggest takeaways is this receiver class.
Speaker 10: Dude.
Speaker 6: I mean, I know we've talked about it a lot and how many first round talents that there are, but you see a week that sees Xavier worthy break the forty yard dash record, ad Mitchell laying down a three four to three four, Brian Thomas Junior at the size that he is putting down a four to three three, it's it's gonna be. You're if if you're a team looking for a receiver and you're picking that early second round, you're gonna get a first round type talent. And I think this receiver, class man, it's gonna do some special things. We talked about Marvin Harrison Junior and elite neighbors up top and men. Most of the conversations that I had we go back to that neighbors versus Harrison conversation that we had a couple.
Speaker 7: Of weeks ago. A lot of guys really like neighbors too.
Speaker 6: It would not surprise me if he gets picked before Harrison at this point.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but you.
Speaker 6: Talked about Harrison, yes, yeow, Yeah, you talk about those two guys, and then you look down to the Keon Colemans and the Brian Thomas juniors and Xavier Worthy, ad Mitchelllad McCaughey.
Speaker 7: I mean, you could go down the list.
Speaker 6: We were talking about Roman Wilson coming out of Senier Bowl, like, Hey, this is a partic late first round guy. Now we're looking at like late second round because it's just there's so much talent up top. The receiver class obviously really strong from a Cowboys perspective. Meeting with a lot of receivers last week, as far as formal meetings go. Obviously met with a lot of offensive linemen as well, linebackers, defensive tackles. One of the biggest things that I was able to pick up on was the emphasis on getting bigger bodies. And it's not even it's not only at the line of scrimmage and in the trenches. They're talking about bigger bodies and the skill positions as well. You know, they want to get a bigger back, they want to get bigger receivers, they want they just want bigger size on both sides of the ball. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a scenario. We'll see how free agency plays out. You'll be hard pressed to find a scenario where the Cowboys don't go size size size in the first two days. I think there's a realistic opportunity where they get that tackle in the first round and then they circle around to linebacker in defensive tackle on Day two and then that's that's kind of what alleviates your needs going into are coming out of the draft.
Speaker 3: Brian, what were your takeaways from Indy?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think the thing that maybe the most disturbing thing was Caleb Williams not taking the physical because to me, the and I know it doesn't pertain to the Cowboys, but maybe in the future it does to others that might take this route. I go to the combine because I don't If you don't work out, I'm fine with that. I really don't have a problem with you because I'll figure out how to go to Baton Rouge or Columbus, Ohio, or you know, or Los Ange Angelus to go watch this kid throw. That doesn't bother me. But I need your medical information if I'm going to make a determination. And I hope this doesn't set something up in the future where other players say I'm not taking the physical. I'm not going to let doctors look up.
Speaker 3: We're already you know.
Speaker 8: When I first started scouting in the early nineties, we got medical packets from schools that we went to.
Speaker 3: If we went to USC, we would.
Speaker 8: Get a medical packet on these players. Players would sign off and we would get that information, and so you had it kind.
Speaker 3: Of going in.
Speaker 8: But my livelihood depends on me picking the best players, but the healthiest players that I could pick. And if I don't have that medical information on you, now, if you're one of those teams like the Commanders and New England and all those teams the Giants are talking about trading up for a quarterback, has Caleb Williams set himself up for having to turn teams down on visits?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 8: Is that going to be the next thing that he does. Oh, I'm not going to visit you Commanders. No, I'm not going to visit you Giants or Patriots. So it just I hope we're not going into a trend where the medicals now are taken away from my ability to kind of to put this puzzle together. That was something that was very concerning to me coming out of the combine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and his reasoning for that, he said he didn't feel like all thirty two teams needed his medical information.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And he said, whenever he does take.
Speaker 6: Those top thirty visits, he will be doing medicals at bad point, so he see where you're coming from.
Speaker 8: Though, his thirty visit will be spent and Let's be honest. This isn't call and turn your head. You know this isn't this isn't that type of physical right, We're going to put you in an MRI too. We have figured out by going to the combine, we found guys with heart conditions, we found guys with bad backs, we found guys with bad feet, bad knees.
Speaker 6: Kola A McKinstry coming out with a foot fracture that teams are concerned will take him into training camp.
Speaker 8: There's no question about that. At the running back Dylan Johnson from Washington, what he was dealing with, you know, he ran a very slow forty and you're thinking, well, he plays much faster and that will maybe he's dealing with this foot injury. To me, like I say, I'm going to bring this quarterback in on a thirty visit, and the majority of my thirty visit is going to be spent getting him a complete physical. And I want the opportunity to visit with the kid. I want the opportunity to hang out with him and talk to him and all that. And but now half my day, maybe my whole day, is going to be spent getting him a physical. And you know that that's that's not where this is supposed to work. You know, it's you know, that's the there's reasons the doctors and MRI two. The reason they have it in Indianapolis is they have some of the best hospitals in the world right there, best equipment right there to get all that done. And I sound like I get off the lawn guy, but as a scout, I'm I'm.
Speaker 3: Troubled by that type of approach.
Speaker 11: Yeh interesting, I mean, y'all said it all. I mean, I'm I agree with Nick as far as the fact that you know, this wide receiver class is deep. It sounded like even just kind of watching the Twitter streets and stuff, I follow some folks that cover other teams and getting bigger is important, and this class has a lot of even some of the dts are you appreciate the athleticism, but there isn't a whole bunch of like just size in here.
Speaker 10: There's a lot of tweeners in between guys.
Speaker 11: And then also too with the dns, it's a similar situation.
Speaker 10: How do y'all feel about the fact that.
Speaker 11: This it feels like that front seven is starting to get smaller as we look at the draft this last couple of years in particular, that's one of the big things that I noticed. And so that when you say they're gonna go bigger, it's like, well, there's not that many big humans in this draft, you know what I'm saying, Like you might have to go free agency.
Speaker 6: Of course, I always really appreciated my time covering recruiting because it kind of gives you an opportunity to look at what trends could be going towards, and not only in college football, because if it works at the college football level, typically they try to translate into the NFL level. And you look at about ten years ago, the idea of identifying guys that have positional versatility, and this guy might have less talent than this guy over here that is just a true Mike linebacker. They're gonna take that guy with versatility because they want to see what he can do in multiple spots.
Speaker 7: And I think that worked at the college level.
Speaker 6: You've seen what it does, and it's translated to the NFL level and we've seen that manifest and defense.
Speaker 7: It's like Dan Quinn's a perfect example.
Speaker 6: And I think as a downside of that, you're gonna get smaller guys because they're gonna have to be in different positions. Now, for me personally, what this defense does need it needs a guy that can play a position, a guy that can sit there right at zero or one tech and be able to stop the run at Mike linebacker that can sit there in the second level and stop the run. Those big bodies, because they have that versatility around the board. They have the Demarvin Overstones, they have the Micah Parsons. I think there's a big need on this team specifically to go get those true position guys. But I see where you're coming from, because the positional flex has moved guys, has made the game smaller in general over the course of the last decade.
Speaker 9: In my opinion, it's funny because I remember what we're almost a decade ago that Shaq Thompson got picked. Yeah, and when Shaq Thompson was coming out, it was a big discussion point that he's a two hundred twenty eight pound linebacker. How's he going to function at the next level. Now, two hundred twenty eight pound linebacker does not sound that outrageous or that different.
Speaker 4: And I remember I had talked about.
Speaker 9: This with somebody in personnel circles outside of Dallas a couple of years ago, where they were saying that when you look at linebacker forty times and some of these ridiculous forty times that are almost equal to some of the running backs that are out there, that what they said was if you start, you know, if defense is in reaction to the passing game and everything else, we're trying to get lighter and quicker, and you create an entire league full of light front seven players, then what offenses are going to start doing is they're going to start developing these bigger monsters at the offensive line, which we saw a lot of an Indie last week. Yeah, and then the power run game is going to make a comeback. You're going to start seeing offensive lines that are one hundred pounds heavier than the front seven just rolling over people, and that that'll be the next direction it takes. So I think that that's part of it, is that it's just the natural cycle of you know, reacting to what the latest trends are, and it'll just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, keep going. I think I think you're absolutely right.
Speaker 8: I think defensive coordinators in college have had to adjust to the spread offense. Yeah, and then what happens when you're having to adjust the spread. You're taking players that might have been running backs and making them defensive ends. You're you're making rush guys. You know, maybe you're taking other positions. And in the NFL, where do we get our players from college football? And so that's the issue that we're dealing with right now. But you're right, you know, guys like as time is, I think it's write the Notre Dame running back. You know, allen big physical running backs. You better be able to ready to handle downhill runners in this in this league nowadays because people are going to every one of these offensive tackles. We talk about it like there's six seven, they're three hundred and forty, they're three hundred and sixty, they're three hundred and fifty. I mean they're huge guys. So you better figure out how you're going to handle teams that are going to play with size and physical running backs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, just with the way the game is changing, it feels like it's changing on a dime. But right now, in this specific NFL landscape, give me size over speed.
Speaker 7: You've seen those teams.
Speaker 6: Let's look at the teams that were in the championship games San Francisco, Detroit, Baltimore, Kansas City, all those teams size over speed, and y'all can disagree if you'll feel.
Speaker 7: Anyway, maybe that was what he said.
Speaker 6: Maybe Chiefs are like one exception, but you look across the board and there's an overwhelming discrepancy between size and speed. And that's that's what this team needs. It needs a lot more size and not not less speed, but it needs a lot more size.
Speaker 9: Yeah, which I mean the running backs that you guys had worked to get. See what formals the Cowboys had running back. It's Trey Benson, It's Ray Davis, it's odd your estimate, it's you.
Speaker 3: As to okay, and.
Speaker 9: Then Braylan Allen. And so it's just like you you look at the running backs that they're talking to. They're talking to these backs that they clearly feel like they missed a power element in their backfield.
Speaker 6: Last I would expect in free agency the Cowboys to go get a guy that's a smaller back receiving tight back and they're going to pair him with a bowling ball downhill runner in the draft that they they want that big, that big back to have less tread on their tires and they want that. They want that guy to be the young guy. So I would expect that this offseason. That's one of the more things i'd probably be more certain of.
Speaker 2: Well, when we come back, you talked about guys that maybe certain scouts may have missed and may have found intriguing in Indie.
Speaker 3: Normally we do twitter on the twenty. I'm gonna come back. I'm gonna hit guys that earned a double back, earned a second look with.
Speaker 2: Indianapolis and what they did either from a media standpoint or from a performance standpoint at the NFL Combine.
Speaker 3: We've got more of the draft show coming up right after this.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas cow Boys, and they.
Speaker 3: Snapped a fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left, he'll run full a first down.
Speaker 12: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader. They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 12: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 13: I'm Darren Woodson, former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near far in between.
Speaker 3: Don't fumble your vision any longer.
Speaker 12: Visit them at.
Speaker 13: Dfwis dot com and tell them Darren sent you.
Speaker 3: They got me back on my game.
Speaker 14: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and nnilists at Lincoln dot Com.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and SMOOTHI King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: The Dallas Cowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Back here on the Draft Show, presented by Miller.
Speaker 3: It tastes you can depend on.
Speaker 2: This segment is brought to you by your Texas Ford Dealers.
Speaker 3: Ford is the best in Texas.
Speaker 2: We've got Ayisha Morrison, Brian Broadus, Nick Harris, Bobby Belt. I'm Kyle Yeomans. All right, instead of getting into Twitter on the twenty. We will do that on Thursday. Don't worry everybody, We'll do some Twitter on the twenty. But there's so much to catch up on with the NFL Combine. I wanted to take a look at the guys that earned your second look. I shall start with you.
Speaker 3: Out of the combine performances.
Speaker 2: Did anybody catch your eye and say, I've got to go back and look.
Speaker 11: Logan Lee DT out of Iowa. I so when I first watched him, I mean, obviously, I don't know if people know you mentioned you mentioned it, Brian, the fact that this was a tie end converted to DT, so again talk about the need of whatever. Anyway, I was looking at him, and I remember the first time I watched him, I liked his build.
Speaker 10: I was like, oh, this is an interesting player.
Speaker 11: But seeing him tests and some of the later agility, I was like, Okay, okay, maybe I do need to go back and watch him now. I did see him at the Senior Bowl. He stuck out a couple times in one on ones. He has some burst off the line. But I feel like I might need to go back and look at him because I think he understands leverage.
Speaker 10: He's a former wrestler.
Speaker 11: People talk about his leadership and what he's capable of, but he's explosive, and I just think I need to go back and watch him again.
Speaker 10: Actually I did.
Speaker 11: And the only thing that you know, people might worry about is the fact that he is very raw, Like he didn't convert to a GT until twenty twenty one, if I'm not mistaken, so he still is learning the position. But I think if you pair him next to a bigger, you know, one tech type thing like he's, he's gonna cost some issues with how explosive he is off the line of scrimmage and how he can really change direction quickly as well. So that's a gentleman that I felt like, uh deserves a second look, and maybe teams will be interested in him despite the fact that he's wrong.
Speaker 6: Yeah, an interesting thing with Logan Lee is about he's going to have to add size or weight that two hundred and eighty pounds. He came in at two eighty one at the combine, which is actually a big, big h improvement from what he was playing at in Iowa. I think he was probably just from what I see on tape, probably closer to sixty five at Iowa at the end of the season. But if he can, if he can push closer to three hundred, then you know, we're not talking about, you know, truly, you know, a three tech, because I think that was kind of where it was pushing. And it was even like there was some teams talking about five tech with him, just because yes, he has that athleticism, he has that explosion, But where does that kind of translate inside If you're two hundred and eighty pounds or two hundred and sixty five pounds and now being two hundred eighty pounds and adding some more weight, I think it's going to allow him to be able to, you know, have that, but how does that explosion still translate? Yeah, you have that much weight. That's always it's always a concern, and I know teams are really weary about put weight on guys all at once because then you're talking about injury concerns as well, because you try to pair that athleticism with that weight as well.
Speaker 2: At the same time, his situation may be a subjective one because I've seen him as high as the fifth round. I've seen him as low as an undrafted free agent, So it.
Speaker 3: May be midday three.
Speaker 2: We're talking about Logan Lee coming off the board, and that's a value pick for some of these teams that want some speed up front, because he's not going to jump off the page from a from an athleticism standpoint, But like you said, the lateral ability helps him take up multiple gaps.
Speaker 11: Yeah, No, I mean, like I said, he's just he fits the bill for the question. He's somebody that is worth taking a second look and seeing, you know, maybe a team being like we can develop in and see what he can do, like I said, next to a heavysetter guy, because I feel like he could cause problems and maybe draw some double teams with his speed.
Speaker 3: So yeah, all right, Brian, who you got to double back on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Correct me if I'm wrong here, But I'm never really been a big fan of Patrick Paul from Houston right off the jump, and I felt like that I didn't feel like he really had. I loved the size, the length, I don't know if the true athletic ability there. He tested much better than I even thought he was going to test, and so to me, I probably need to go back and look at that. I come from an era though, where my tape eyes. I usually feel like if I've got him right, that my first inclination of the player is the right one. But the fact that he tested pretty well, I feel like that I probably need to go back and give him a second look, maybe find some other tapes, see if.
Speaker 3: There's some things are different.
Speaker 8: I watched him plague in San Antonio, Texas Oklahoma State. I didn't feel like he was a very good athlete, and but the way he tested I think probably needs for me to go back and look at him. But I don't. I'm just I wasn't a big fan of the player, and so maybe maybe I'm right about that or maybe I'm really really wrong, But at least the fact that he tested a little bit better, I probably need to.
Speaker 3: Go look at him.
Speaker 2: Ninetieth percentile in both height and weight. He listed at six foot a three hundred and thirty one pounds. His forty was a seventy six percent tile, so very good, forty five point one three, and then his wingspan was in the ninety third percentile, and he had an eighty six and three quarter wingspan, which is tops in the class. So yeah, I think if there was a mid to late round second round, the second, second round lineman that Dallas would be interested in. It might be a pall if they don't get somebody in the first and they look at him in the second round.
Speaker 3: I think he would be a huge piece.
Speaker 8: See, I don't have him as like a second even the second round player.
Speaker 3: What do you have him at third round? You had him as well? So based off of film alone, just off film.
Speaker 8: Alone, I just I mean, I think he was a tall player. He tends to play that way. I didn't think he really bent his knees. I didn't think he could sit down on defenders. I thought he was off balanced. I thought he had struggled with movement. You know, I think he's got a great chance of blocking defenders when they're straight down the middle. But I did not see a guy that that. I was just jumping up and down about just because, like say, the three games I watched, it seemed like it was more of a struggle for him than it was a lot of positivity.
Speaker 3: But probably three games again, uh.
Speaker 8: Ut, San Antonio, Texas Oklahoma State three, I'll watch so Texas.
Speaker 2: Of course you bring the defensive line. Yeah, of sweat and Murphy. It's the ends and stuff that he's dealing with there. But I again, there's a couple of players in this draft. Again, Turner, the way he tested from Alabama. You know, you kind of knew that was going to happen, but the film doesn't always show him making plays like his testing numbers showed. So that's the struggle you go through when you're sitting in that room. Is that And I really love watching tape, It's one of my favorite things to do. And but when guys work out and I kind of like, Okay, that's part of it. But you see that translate into how they play, and some of these guys it does like worthy.
Speaker 3: You could see plays.
Speaker 8: Fast wide received from Texas, but some of these other guys I probably need to circle back on and kind of figure that out.
Speaker 2: Nick, you had an opinion on Patrick Paull earlier, Yeah, in the campaign. What are your thoughts on him now?
Speaker 6: Seeing How funny because me and Zach Walschik had a conversation right after I got off the flight on Saturday night and we spent probably five to ten minutes talking about Patrick Paul.
Speaker 7: I love the traits there. I do have the same.
Speaker 6: Athleticism concerns, but I put a second round, a late second round.
Speaker 7: Out then because of those traits in.
Speaker 3: His I understand it.
Speaker 4: His violence.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's powerful.
Speaker 6: You get him in the right development program, I think there's an opportunity for him to make some things happen there. I haven't always loved the ability of that previous Houston staff to develop guys outside of the skill positions. I think Dania Holgerson and his staff has always done a really good job of developing skill positions and putting out a QUARTERBA every once in a while Cogino Smith. But I think whenever it's talking about big guys, they haven't really done a good good job recruiting them a and be developing them. I think Patrick Paul, you put him in an opportunity or a situation where he can be developed a little bit and give him a year or two, I think he'll be all right. I'm not thinking he's maybe a Pro Bowl type guy, but I think he can be a plus starter over the course.
Speaker 8: Of which you guys can sumer at twenty four. No, no, okay, Son fifty six.
Speaker 2: Here's my one thing on twenty four. It's been two years in a row, and I've told you this story before that I was out in Indy, Tyler Smith's name came up a couple times twenty twenty two, Tyler Smith, Tyler Smith. I was like, Okay, that'd be a great pick in the middle of the second round. I love that idea, Like it's middle of the second that's great. He ends up being the first round pick. Last year, Mazzie Smith's name continue to come up in conversations and just getting to have that same thing traits development, same thing that you're talking about. You put him in the situation, and then you're able to get him to develop into the player you want him to be. I was like, great, sounds good middle second round. Great, Yeah, he's the first round pack. So don't discount Patrick Paul at twenty four. If the trades line up to what they think about it across the.
Speaker 3: Hallway, can I say something absolutely?
Speaker 10: I don't.
Speaker 11: It's interesting that you talk about how violent you feel like he plays Nick Nick because I don't think that he's consistently the aggressor.
Speaker 10: I didn't.
Speaker 11: I didn't see that consistently from him. And I also too, I feel like his hand placement is inconsistent as well. His punch is powerful, but it's not always on the money. And if I'm not mistaken, he is a former boxer. Do you guys think that has anything to do with the lack of bend.
Speaker 8: I think I think he's just at six seven. I think it's hard for him some of these guys to bend.
Speaker 10: That's fair.
Speaker 8: I think it's you know, it's funny you say about the hands. I said, I felt like he was a walking holding Penley with how much he misses with his hands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not like Tyler Smith.
Speaker 10: It's not consistent.
Speaker 3: Well, Tyler Smith's a hell of a player.
Speaker 11: He has the footwork to recover. It helps him out because the footwork is there. It's the hand placement that I didn't like all the time. So I don't know. I I think he, to your point, is a good developmental player, but I didn't even I think he's a late second round maybe early third round. But you're gonna have to work with him on this technique stuff because the traits are there. But I just I don't see it consistently.
Speaker 9: If if we're in the no that I was just gonna say, Like when I was writing down my notes, I was like I had written in there that Patrick Paul reminds me of a baby giraffe.
Speaker 4: Like he's like he's got these long lens that he just he doesn't know how to use.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I use that like once a year in my scouting.
Speaker 4: It looks like it.
Speaker 9: It's just like, I mean like that he's not He's still just trying to figure out hand usage. And you know there's they're still trying to figure out the footwork. I think that he's he doesn't strike me as somebody who's timid. I think he's got like the I think he's got that killer instinct. I think he's got the competitive toughness. It's just I don't think he knows how to use what he has right now.
Speaker 4: Killer draft, yeah, killer giraft.
Speaker 3: So but the thing is you terrifying.
Speaker 10: At the next level.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they can get coaching, but it's it's still they're limited, right, And how much I mean, I know these guys here they go work with, do they go do all this extra stuff with as far as on a team level, how much are you going to be able to just work that work that Because he does come off as somewhat raw even though he's playing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, he's no more raw He's not the athlete that Tyler Smith was, but he's no more raw to me than Tyler Smith's face. And and that's the thing is that they had to do work and figure out like, Okay, does he have the coach ability, does he have the you know, mental process and other things to take this and grow from it? And they through their research said yeah, we got this. Like they're doing background research. So if they if they determined that about Patrick Paul, I'm gonna trust him because they've hit on these sort of things before. I just I can't know that, and so I just have to grade what I see right now, which is somebody who's got a really impressive frame and competitive toche.
Speaker 8: That's why I feel like you need to circle back, you know, mean the workout, and I respect what you're saying, Nick.
Speaker 3: I really really do.
Speaker 8: I I'm not gonna lie though, if somebody else takes him, I'm probably gonna be pretty happy. I'm just gonna I mean, I'm gonna say, hey, you know, to me, I I think there are other guys that I kind of have ahead of him that I would like. And maybe I'm wrong about those guys. But uh, but to your point about the development part. You know, I'm kind of thinking about development part here. Where are we at with you know, awesome Richards, you know, where are we at with that?
Speaker 3: Where's the development with that? You know? And so that those are things.
Speaker 8: That kind of make me a little nervous when we start to talk about they're good at drafting plug and play guys. Though maybe this guy's plug and play, you know, maybe he is Nick who.
Speaker 4: Is your guy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I'll give you, oddly enough another day two offensive lineman that you could potentially be looking at as a as a tackle option if they don't get that tackle in the first round. Joe Alt gets all the love at Notre Dame up front, and deservedly.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 6: I mean he's he's technical, he's a bit big, big body, he's athletic, he does a lot of things well. To me, he's he's tackled one in this class. You look on the other side of that offensive line for the Fighting Irish this past season, you see Blake Fisher and six foot five, three hundred and ten pounds is what he weighed in at UH in Indianapolis. Forty yard five two vertical, twenty eight broad jump, nine to six. It's it's not athleticism that will blow you off of a blow off the charts. And I think that's always been his big ast concern is how does this size kind of translate athletically. But when it comes to I love putting together like a mental all lobby team because whenever guys come in and you see their physical frame, you're like wow, Like that's that is a professional football player.
Speaker 2: You all lobby like you walk into the hotel lobby.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And Amarius Mims is easily like the all lobby god of this class. I mean he's he's incredible at six foot eight, you know whatever. But you look at Blake Fisher, he would be on that all lobby team for me. He looks awesome. He's physically put together. Mentally he's put together as well. Had a formal meeting with the Cowboys last week. I've heard nothing but good things about Blake Fisher since his draft process has started, but this past week in Indianapolis and being able to kind of at least show the athleticism that he does have. I mean, the nine to six broad job was third amongst all offensive tackles, and when you talk about that kind of get off off the line. I think there's an opportunity for Blake Fisher to be really good at the next levels. He's really stiff with his upper body. That's what I kind of came away with on film. He plays with like this super high pad level, which is like, it's very strange. It's even higher than some of the guys that you would think of that play well with the high pad level at the NFL level. But I think if that can translate to the NFL side of things and being able to kind of overpower more athletic defensive defensive lineman, I think there's an opportunity to do that with him still, because that was the biggest concern I had going into India's Like, Okay, I know that he can take on the power pass rights. I don't have a problem with that. I saw him do that against Penn State. I saw him do that against Ohio State. I want to see him against a athletic guy like an Adeisa Isaac where maybe he did have a kind of a couple of opportunities where he didn't shine. Shine is bright. I have a little bit more confidence coming out of this week. That's why I double back on Blake Fisher. I think he's gonna be a guy that if the Cowboys don't get a tackle in the first round, I think you're looking at round three, that's an opportunity to grab a guy like Blake Fisher.
Speaker 3: You think he lasts till round three?
Speaker 6: I think so, Really, I think so. I think he's probably there at eighty six, eighty seven.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's.
Speaker 6: Really hard to it's really hard to pin anything right now churning out a combine. Like ask me in a week whenever all these mock drafts start coming out, and you know, the people that are more plugged in than us, and I'm just gonna be a hundredsent honest start putting out mock drafts where you know, Blake Fisher all of a sudden is an early second round pick, and well, damn, there goes there goes Blake.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: But I think even if that does happen, that's a situation where the Cowboys like him. He likes what the conversation that he had with the Cowboys, this is this is a really good player that I feel like we'll be good at the next man, I.
Speaker 3: Think he nailed this guy. I really do think you got him. You got him square It up there. It was a really good job. I have him better than Paul.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 3: That's that's just me.
Speaker 8: If you if you said one of the thing about this kid, though he's made a ton of starts at offensive tackle, they've all been on the right side.
Speaker 3: So now you've got.
Speaker 8: To think about if you're thinking about a left tackle guy or you're going to try and move.
Speaker 3: Him over, you know, can we we we?
Speaker 8: I'm sure when we interview guys coaches about offensive line coaches, I always tell you about where you're playing on the right side or left side. Your kick, your eye, the way you play your punch, all those things are things that are going to have to be a just This kid's a high IQ kid, and he plays with really really good technique I think, and you're right about the way he plays with some length and some tallness to his game. But man, like I say, give me a guy that's made a ton of starts. That's the fear I have. With memes from Georgia eight starts, eight starts, I'm like, man, I can I put it?
Speaker 3: Can I Can I put it out there?
Speaker 8: That you know when I know this guy's when we played eight, we talked about floors and ceilings and all that, and I always get it confused. But but these are the guys, like a Memes, those are the guys I have question with with with with Fisher, He's played in a ton of big games. You know you're a little bit easier with the evaluation of a guy like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think that's a very valid concern about Amarus Mims. And I don't think you're I don't have any team in the top twenty three should take him as a result.
Speaker 7: I mean that's just.
Speaker 6: Honestly, this this this week, I I think going and coming out of the measurements, whenever they light everybody up and Amarusmims was catching all the buzz around it, sure it was, I was like, okay, so he's he's going to be off the board at twenty four.
Speaker 7: But you see all these tackles that.
Speaker 6: Had incredible testing, yeah, and incredible work on the field whenever they got to Lucas Oil. And now almost every mock draft that I'm seeing is pinning Amarus Mims at twenty four.
Speaker 3: And You'll be you'd be really good with that, right, I'd be.
Speaker 7: So okay with that.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I I don't mind the eight games of experience.
Speaker 7: I don't mind that at all.
Speaker 6: I've I've seen what he can do, and I have the traits, and I want you to show me the best thing that you can find from Amriuss that Ohio State game and his sophomore year, and'll be like, Okay, that is that is his potential. This is his first game that he started as a college football left tackle. I think that can translate to the next level. And I think I'm completely okay with the Marius Mims because you're also getting a guy that's still relatively raw.
Speaker 7: Now for his experience.
Speaker 6: I think he's more developed than those eight games, but you're still getting a guy that's relatively raw. You can bring him in and you can kind of mold him into to what you want him to be. I think that's a clear difference from a guy like Jordan Morgan, who has a ton of experience.
Speaker 7: You know what you're getting.
Speaker 3: That's what I was going to ask you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, maybe the thing with Memes is with the ceiling, right, that ceiling and Morgan's at the floor.
Speaker 3: There you go, right, Morgan's got a high floor. Yeah, old trust you figured it out. You're getting it down you're getting it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm curious about this because we've talked about Cooper BB from Kansas State before. Yeah, he's kind of in that same thought process as Patrick Paul from Houston and Blake Fisher Notre Dame mid to maybe mid second to mid third, right in that area. How would you rank those three players? How do you stack those three players?
Speaker 4: I would go probably.
Speaker 9: See Bbe was my guy that I need to double back on after his way.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Oh yeah, I didn't mean to take it from me to tell me, just.
Speaker 9: Because to me, it's and Brian and I were talking about this last night. I didn't see the agility or athleticism numbers coming that he gat. Like, Like, when I watched Cooper BB, I go, okay, is this is a guy who, like in the modern NFL, do I feel like he con effectively? Can he effectively climb to the second level, you know, reach the linebackers and time that That's kind of the thing that I was looking at there. But I was like, it's a guy who's got power and the IQ the mental processing is really really good. But then when you watch them go out there and test, it's like, Okay, the agility, and some of those numbers were really impressive.
Speaker 4: And then his bench.
Speaker 9: Numbers he put up twenty yeah, with shorter arms, and so it's like, okay, so the testing showed a guy who was not an elite power guy at least on the bench, and a guy who tests better athletically than I was anticipating.
Speaker 4: So it's like that that's kind of reversed everything that.
Speaker 9: I had in my notes about him, at least the you know, the testing did. It's not enough for me to say I'm gonna take that over what I had in my notes, but it is enough for me to say I need to go back and look again and see if I'm missing something. Was there something in the testing that should have shown up that I missed but you're usually looking for okay, it does the testing confirm what you see on tape and for Bebe, for me, it was kind of reversed, and so that was a little that threw me off. That's why I need to go back to him on stacking those. I would probably go, Man, I don't hope Paul Bebe Fisher.
Speaker 4: Is the direction I would go.
Speaker 3: Would you be the same or complete opposite?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would probably flip flop. I would go Fish or Bbe.
Speaker 6: Paul I had mentioned this to Zach on the phone on that conversation, But of the three hundred plus players that I talked to last week, Cooper Bbe was easily the most enjoyable guy.
Speaker 3: Why.
Speaker 6: He's just he's a ball of energy. He's he's so much fun. Just a good dude, really good dude. If he's a guy that ends up getting drafted to Dallas, I think a lot of people on the beat would be happy with, you know, his personality, what he kind of brings to.
Speaker 3: That left front.
Speaker 11: How would you stack them well before before the benching thing.
Speaker 10: Because I feel like I'm like Bobby.
Speaker 11: When I look at Cooper, I'm thinking to myself, like he's powerful, he's a mall or he can come downhill. So I'm trying to figure out if he's not upper body strong, where is.
Speaker 10: It coming from? Where is coming from?
Speaker 11: It could could be his core, whatever the case may be, but it's I want to These are things that I think about mentally because I understand compensation and I understand those things we talk about longevity, So I wonder where that is coming from.
Speaker 9: Traps traps Frederick had bad bench numbers. That was the guy who played with power.
Speaker 10: Still it's the technique too, so yeah.
Speaker 9: And I mean it could be you know, it's one of those things where sometimes guys, you know, we've seen huge discrepancies before for guys on the bench at combine versus prode and sometimes it can be just training fatigue and some other things. That's why, like I said, I just need to go back and compare it. But again, like typically Brian you've talked is before, it's the long arms that have trouble with the bench and that's not his issue. He's got these thirty one inch charms and.
Speaker 8: Say, if you have to drive that bar a little further and they really count, you got to get it past that threshold and they count, and you might have twenty four reps and they'll go twenty four, you know, twenty good, four bad, and they'll give you the number twenty.
Speaker 3: You know, they will not count those bad reps.
Speaker 8: So yeah, if you have to, if you have to drive that bar from your chest because the length of your arms, some of these guys can't handle it all that well.
Speaker 2: Frederick had twenty one reps, by the way, for comparison, emergencies. So right at that same number, I feel like the bingch press has become less and less important in the grand scheme of things to improve draft stock.
Speaker 3: It's more of like a Okay, good, you've got that. Let's move on. Why does it still knock some of these guys?
Speaker 4: Is it just based off.
Speaker 2: Of a comparison standpoint, It's a way to tactically see how strength is calculated.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think that's more just for me when you're talking about those testing numbers, it's it's when it stands out as being so far off what like the standard has been for her body strength. For guards, like into your offensive linemen are routinely putting up you know, like twenty five, thirty up a little bit, and so when he's putting up twenty it's.
Speaker 8: Kind of defensive back like it's kind of like defensive back like when you look at it, I mean, when you put up twenty two.
Speaker 11: It surprised me too, Bobby. I'm not gonna lie, but I to answer your question. To answer your question, Kyle, I would go, I'm gonna trust trust what I thought even last year when I watched Bobe, I'm gonna go dB Fisher Paul.
Speaker 3: What Yeah, BB Fisher, Paul, is that where you're at?
Speaker 10: Okay, I do think people are.
Speaker 3: Going should feel bad and I'm going a long no.
Speaker 11: I do think people are gonna wonder how they if that thing with Fisher is gonna affect leverage and things like that, how do you break that. I don't mind it, don't It works for him to me like it works for him to me. But I wonder how they're gonna coach that out of him, because it's a very consistent thing with him.
Speaker 8: I have been in my history, had been so wrong about offensive tackles that lack strength. I watched David Baktiari at Colorado. You know, I've watched.
Speaker 3: Colton.
Speaker 8: I've watched these guys and none of them bench well, none of them are very strong, and then they.
Speaker 3: Play like fifteen years in the league.
Speaker 8: It's weird how sometimes you could say guy needs strength, guy needs power. Nate Soldor was another one that way back in the day that that doesn't look strong, but he played a long time, made a lot of money, wasn't very good. But these guys that sometimes don't have good strength numbers and you see it on tape. It scares me. And then they play a long time and I'm thinking, well, how did that happen?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 8: So sometimes some of these guys show up that might not have upper body power but make up with it some other way.
Speaker 9: What so you guys all like Fisher a lot more than I do? Like what gives you pause about Himcause the thing that gives me pause about Blake Fisher when I watch him, the reason why I would have even with Patrick Paul with his flaws like above him and Cooper bb with my question with athleticism. The biggest thing to me that I saw that concerned me with Fisher was like instincts related, like like a feel for things because you see, you see routinely he is consistently the last guy out of his stance at the snap.
Speaker 8: That was something that was something and I wondered because I dealt with Flozell Adams here and he was deaf in one ear. And I'm not saying this kid's death, but you wonder.
Speaker 4: If there's just something specific if you're not is.
Speaker 8: Your peripheral vision not good to see the ball or is there something that you're just not hearing? You know they're coming out of his shotgun? Is he not, but you're right. That's something that I put in my notes. He could be a tick late coming off the ball.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing.
Speaker 9: I think that he's a tick lake and then he will allow guys occasionally to get into his chest and he will like even though like I think, technique wise he's good, it's just almost like there's a feel issue here that's off a little bit. It's almost like, just like I said, it's a it's an instincts thing for me with Fisher, where it's like, guys are getting into your chest, you're taking a bad angle on the second level, you're you know, miscalculating this or misjudging this, you're laid off the ball, you're you know, allowing your hands to get swatted away because you're missed with your punch. There's just a lot of that little stuff there that makes me go like, that's not I can you can coach technique out of Patrick Paul.
Speaker 4: If you don't have instincts, you're screwed.
Speaker 8: I felt like that Fisher real quick there, I should I felt like the Quisher that Fisher was able to rally though if he was a little bit late, he found ways like through that athletic ability to recover and get there, whereas.
Speaker 3: Paul if he's if he's misstepped early, I.
Speaker 8: Need to go back labor and get back to find I need to find more film.
Speaker 9: I think, are you going to have the ability to rally like that consistently at the NFL?
Speaker 15: Though?
Speaker 9: Is the thing like when you were going across that's my stronger You've got the like NFL defensive lineman const I just don't know that his he's going to be able to rally him. I think his technique, like you said, I think he technically he's good like and I think that his movement skills are really good.
Speaker 8: I was watching I was watching the Center last night that that that kid from uh, the kid from that that from Wisconsin, Bordelini.
Speaker 3: Were going back to Wisconsin for a No.
Speaker 8: I'm just telling you, though, I know you got to make a point here, but I've always say this about Bortoloni. Uh, Bordelini's sorry, Thank god, I watched him look like that he was about to just get abused and then rally back and rally back in the position, you know, and so but and it's again, I was watching against Iowa defensive tackle too, you know that. Yeah, So I to me, I some of these guys are capable.
Speaker 3: They they they have a survival mode to them, you know. And and maybe our maybe our Notre Dame guy's got a little of that.
Speaker 2: I think I would as I sneak it in before the break, I would stack him BB Paul and Bordelini's great uh B B Paul and then Fisher.
Speaker 3: That would be my three.
Speaker 7: Stant there dumping on my guys.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I like, it's not that I go with you. He's a top one player.
Speaker 2: It's Paul You're scaring the hell out of me with. But I know, yeah, I just like Paul's link. I like the athleticism and I think he's he plays better.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I don't see this is.
Speaker 8: When when Paul turns out to be a Pro Bowl player, that you can walk back in the draft show and tell us all that you know, I know what I'm talking about a lot.
Speaker 11: I do want to ask when you talk about, you know, a guy being laid off the whistle, and then I know you mentioned the peripheral vision.
Speaker 3: Things like that, or being deaf.
Speaker 11: I'm a baby, I'm a baby out here. Is that something that they test for?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just for a little bit of everything.
Speaker 11: So well, we know you're going to jail, we know.
Speaker 8: So if that's a problem, problem, Yeah, yeah, I think I think there's some things.
Speaker 3: At some point.
Speaker 8: I think when everybody gets back to their all back home, we're gonna start hearing some whispers which.
Speaker 3: Is about a lot of different things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's all yep, And we'll talk about it on Thursday too.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take our second break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, I want to give a post combine guess of who the pick would be at twenty four?
Speaker 3: Who is it as we sit today? When we come back right after this?
Speaker 15: All right? Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw ahead, Mary, go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure.
Speaker 9: At Laser Care Eye Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patients see.
Speaker 15: Check them out at DFWIS dot com.
Speaker 14: Tell them in a stressful world. Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator, and Nautilists at Lincoln dot Com.
Speaker 12: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 3: The press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll look for a pers down.
Speaker 12: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 12: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for? Get started?
Speaker 12: Blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothe bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool I Sae or Pataya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzles, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only at Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallas Coowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 2: Back here on the Draft Show, presented by Miller Lte.
Speaker 3: Catching some straight.
Speaker 4: That's a fact.
Speaker 3: That's how it goes. Anyway, Uh back here with Bryant brought us.
Speaker 2: Nick Carols that evaluated Bobby Belt Ayisha Morrison.
Speaker 3: I'm Kyle Yellmans.
Speaker 2: I didn't put this on the rundown on purpose because I wanted to be from the heart. I don't want any preparation going into it. I wanted to be gut feeling as we sit today on March fifth, fifty one days away from the NFL Draft, who is the pick at twenty four? After the combine, after hearing the murmurs, after hearing the rumors, and kind of seeing how that all unfolded and how things could unfold this next week in free agency? Who is your pick at twenty four? Bobby, I'll start with you.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'll be honest.
Speaker 9: It's I feel pretty confident right now that the direction will.
Speaker 4: Be as offensive line.
Speaker 9: So now it's just a matter of as Brian has talked about, for it's ice cream, like, so you know, does somebody have a real strong affinity for Guiton or you know, is there somebody who's really in love with Mims near the top ten? Like I mean, I don't think last year we anticipated Darnell Wright going ten to Chicago. That was a little high. And so with that, like with the unpredicted what's gonna fall there? I feel confidence offensive line right now. I would lean towards Mimes is the pick right now to me? But I just again, it's the lack of film is obviously concerning but what's been put on film is really, really good and the measurables are absolutely insane. And so I just I wonder if somebody's going to fall in love in the top fifteen and just say I can make that work. And I'll roll the dice on the limited amount. I'll take eight games in the SEC and what he showed me, and so but right now I would go offensive line for sure.
Speaker 4: I'll say Mems is the pick.
Speaker 6: Okay, this is a question I was asking myself throughout the week while I was in Indianapolis. It was going for first, second, and third round. And I'll kind of walk you through my thought process of where I'm at currently today. So beginning of the week, I'm looking at h Marrius Mims and I'm saying, Okay, that's an option there at twenty four. I think, you know, with this tackle class, maybe he's the one that kind of gets shuffled down a little bit.
Speaker 7: You get some really good value on a really good tackle there at twenty four.
Speaker 6: Then he tests, then he measures, and then he does everything else to make himself look like Thanos, and I just don't see him. I don't see him there at twenty four. I'd be so shocked to see him there. So I think he's going to fall in that fifteen to twenty range where that's going to be that first big wave of offensive line. So as I started to come to that opinion early in the week, I was like, Okay, I'm looking at Troy Filetanu out of Washington. You know, it's he had an awesome week talk about guys that were maybe lost in the shuffle. A little bit that emerged from that file Tanu is that. And so I'm like, okay, I'm coming out of Combine week like okay, before they test, and I'm saying, Okay, Filetanu, that's probably the guy at twenty four. You look at what he can do at tackle, what he can do at guard, and the the any questions about athleticism absolutely run away from run away from from his board, just from what he was able to do from a testing his perspective. So I'm looking at that, I'm like, okay, twenty four. And then I'm seeing mock drafts this morning seeing him at like fourteen, and I'm like, okay, So on the board either Jordan Morgan, I think that's my pick.
Speaker 3: You look at you.
Speaker 6: Look at experience, that at left tackle, you need a guy that can come in and be ready to play. I think that's the dude that can do it. He he does everything really well. Talk about that high floor. I think that's the guy they need this next year. And I think he still got a little bit to his game that you can unlock. Isn't as much as these other guys, probably not, but I like what Jordan Morgan brings. And the only difference I have him a little bit different from Tyler Guyden is the fact that Guiden's experience experience comes mostly at right tackle, and I think that's probably where he's gonna fit best at the next level. Jordan Morgan gave me a left tackle at twenty four.
Speaker 3: Kay played at thirty nine college games.
Speaker 2: By the twenty four hundred snaps along the way, Ryan, what do you think?
Speaker 8: I think they go Morgan in the first. I think they go Limber in the third. The center from Arkansas, Wow, would be my guess.
Speaker 3: Tell me about Limmer a little bit, go ahead going no, no, no no.
Speaker 10: I was so.
Speaker 11: I watched him last night because obviously he decided to Bolimmer from Arkansas center. I watched him. I watched him last night because everyone was talking about him, and also too, he just went crazy on the bench because okay, why he had to. I wrote down he embodies low man wins and when you see his stance and you see how quickly he pops out that stance with power, he latches and he anchors quickly. He has good recovery as well, to where you can tell his core strength is strong because he'll wrestle with folks, but you just see him the lower body strength in the timing of the anchor is something that stood out to me. He can steal to the next level and get to the next level really quickly.
Speaker 10: Because he's rangy and he's fast.
Speaker 11: He plays with balance and a lot of control, like he can he can really.
Speaker 10: Control a rep.
Speaker 11: Now I'm curious to see how well if he can do different things that if he can move across the line. I did see them at a senior bowl. He did do a couple things at guard, but mostly he just works at center. I just think I just think he plays with violence and he's an interesting player. And he came out and showed his strength and you can see it on film how strong he is and how quickly he can take over a rep when he decides to. So I like the player.
Speaker 10: I want to see what he's able to do at the next level as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, what she's got him nailed. Is he a little light? It's three h two is what he is? Strong? Yeah, I mean he's six ' five. He's got a frame to put it on. Yeah, he's uh.
Speaker 8: There's I wonder if teams are gonna not like him because of the lack of bulk.
Speaker 3: That might scare sentence.
Speaker 8: But I used just right. He's played the majority of his career at guard, and you could watch him play against big techniques. I used to write again about the way he's able to wrestle with guys, the way he's able to kind of sometimes his hands get a little wide and his hand placement could be a little lot, but once he gets a hold that guy, he's not letting go. He's a really good positional run blocker. He's got a nasty side to his game. The way he finishes. There's snaps, he gets a little sloppy, but he will get the job done. I like him as a pass blocker. I like how he sits down. I like how he holds guys off. There's some knee bin. There's some balance. Uh man, he's not on the ground. He can come really close to being thrown on the ground, but he's not.
Speaker 4: On the grid.
Speaker 8: And I think he handles power well and at you know, at at three ZHO two. There could be some questions there, but everything about him is super super positive about the toughness and the nastiness and his ability to get to that second level.
Speaker 9: Real quick question, do you think on the lighter center discussion, team's minds have been changed by I mean, Jason Kelsey just retired yesterday. He's a lighter center breed. Humphrey is just over three hundred. Linderbaum has had success in I wonder if like people just look at it and say, as long as I got two strong guards bracketing you, I'm not worried as much about us.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think there's I think there's some there's some absolute truth to that, like I said, but there's some teams that just say he's just to tick over three hundred pounds and they won't go that direction. But you make a great point about the others that we've seen, that there are some successful ones that we have seen.
Speaker 6: A question I was trying to ask this week when it came to center specifically, is because I had to get out of town before they were able to hit the field what was Sunday. So what I was trying to get mostly out of the center conversation is who are the guys that are impressing in meetings? Because there's so much that is relied upon at the center position as far as pre snap and being able to be in communication with quarterback and understanding those things.
Speaker 7: The name that kept getting brought up and brought up is Center, Vamper and Granger, and I.
Speaker 6: Think that's I think with his knowledge, what he brings to the whiteboard and what he was able to do in that aspect in Indianapolis really impressing people. I think that's another guy to be sure and circle back to, just because he's always had that strength and force, but it's still really raw, I think as well.
Speaker 7: But he's got the IQ I think to put it together.
Speaker 6: Talk about instincts and being able to develop those, I think SVP's got that.
Speaker 3: Who's your pick at twenty four Asia.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they named him just because I've definitely been paying attention to all these freaking mind drafts and some of the conversation because I know how that goes down. But yeah, I thought Jordan Morgan would be the guy that made sense.
Speaker 10: So you guys definitely took But.
Speaker 11: I will say I don't know. Wide receiver is just it's something to me. It's just something to me. I know that we we think they're going to go off as some line, but I mean.
Speaker 7: There's gonna be a shiny object there twenty four. We just talk about it.
Speaker 10: Talking about listen. So in my mind, so I.
Speaker 2: Can't wait for I should look up and see one of those receivers, those top receivers, would be like.
Speaker 3: Pull the trigger, go for it, don't window dress.
Speaker 8: Do you think I think there'll be a city lamp situation where the player is just too good to pass up on the board.
Speaker 10: I think it's possible with this draft.
Speaker 7: I think it's very possible.
Speaker 11: It is very possible that Beats there's going to be a first round talent right there that you can take from a wide receiver position from the But you have.
Speaker 6: To have the luxury of having the opportunity to pull that trigger by what you do in free agency?
Speaker 4: How many how.
Speaker 9: Many quarterbacks do you think go ahead of Dallas after the combine if there are people talking like it could Yeah.
Speaker 3: That was.
Speaker 9: Daniels McCarthy nex there's four for sure, or could be two others.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm thinking I would say five, so split the difference.
Speaker 10: Quarterback getting my nerves a little bit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 10: I'm I supposed to say that loud, but.
Speaker 11: They just get on my nerves a little bit. Like I mean, I get I get, I get that they're starting and these young players are starting to understand their position and what the position calls for and the fact that you are it's a premier position.
Speaker 10: I get it.
Speaker 11: I do want them to be cognizant of their health, their mental health and those things of that nature. But I I mean, it's just hard to It's just we're watching tape on them, but it's hard to separate them right now for me because of the lack of of of testing, because of the lack of information, and again we're not real scouts, so it's like, besides, Briny, he did.
Speaker 10: It, so I mean, we're not filled. We've never done we've never done it at that level.
Speaker 11: But at the same token, it's like it's difficult to navigate separating these guys right now and it's getting on my damn nerves and I really would like to know who's who. And also too, you look across the NFL, we know how important the quarterback position is. When quarterbacks come in, they can change your franchise if they're good.
Speaker 3: Make it also downgrade a franchise too. We can all get fired if we don't pick the rua.
Speaker 11: Let me tell you the minute that I hear whispers like, oh, this guy's going to Washington, I'm prepping.
Speaker 10: I'm about to start prepping right now. How do we beat this guy? What are his tendency sneeze like that?
Speaker 11: So it is a bit selfish and fair, I would maybe, I mean, I know it is a bit selfish, but I am at the point where I'm just like, all right, let's wrap this up. We know where y'all are going, so we can start looking at what things are gonna shape shape out as.
Speaker 2: So your guys, Jordan Morgan at twenty four, any shiny object there that you would you would pick if he hell ceed lamb situation.
Speaker 11: I have a I really really really like Ada and I how.
Speaker 10: Do you say his name?
Speaker 7: At Texas? But I think he's technically going back as yeah.
Speaker 11: I mean, and there's there's quite a few wide receivers that if I see them fall, I wouldn't mind. I think I like, I like Ricky, I like I like Oh Pearsol, I like yeah from Florida. Yeah, yeah, I mean yeah. The route running is just insane from him, obviously. Keyon Coleman is a guy that's been circling from f s U. I I just think there's gonna be somebody there. I unless something happens, there's gonna be someone there there. So I'm just gonna prepare my heart and mind for if that happens that night and we're sitting in these years.
Speaker 3: They take offensive line.
Speaker 8: If Mimes is there, you take him though. I mean, I guess I know what you just said here. But if Mems is Mims or the Washing Kid.
Speaker 7: Uh PLATANU, I'm taking Mems.
Speaker 3: I would take Mems. Memes, by the way, Memes is my I would take the Washington Kid. Why is that just experiences?
Speaker 8: No, I just I think that I think that kid right there again, I go back to the experience. I go back to the guy that's played a lot of snaps and stuff, And I know Mems is I know Mems is on a lot of people's boards. Is uhh that type of guy. But when you start to talk about left tackles and athletic ability and effortless in the way he plays, light on his feet, positioning, body balance, all that stuff.
Speaker 3: A kid at Washington's got it. He's got it together. He really. He makes a lot of wild blocks.
Speaker 11: I'm on the fence because I struggle with because my anxiety. I struggle with not if I don't got enough information, I can't It's difficult to make a determination.
Speaker 3: So would you take over, Mims, I'll die on that hill.
Speaker 10: I would have to go back. I see, I see it with Memes.
Speaker 11: I feel like I need like one more thing.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Like I don't know.
Speaker 11: I don't know if it's pro day, I don't know what it is. But I feel like I need to see him a little bit more. I know what he's capable of. I know what you're saying. I feel like Nick was right when he's like, hey man, we can see it right there in front of us, when he's capable of. But it's like we just that position is just so important to just be making those type of decisions on. So I don't know do you know who Fontine News said that was the hardest guy?
Speaker 10: Is that how he says?
Speaker 13: Same?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 11: That gentleman said that the hardest person he played against was Doorless.
Speaker 10: If I'm not I'm cheating. But that's a guy that I had to go back. I'm cheating.
Speaker 11: I wanted to add him. I had to go back and watch him last night because I just, well, how how did you feel about how you tested?
Speaker 6: Talking about door lest specifically, I didn't really get a good opportunity to dive into defensive line.
Speaker 7: Obviously.
Speaker 6: That's that's probably the one position that I need to go back on the most as far as what happened last week, because I was right in the middle of what I was when I was running around a million million hours an hour, million hours an hour.
Speaker 7: Basically we understood.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But I love dor list of what he put together at the Senior Bowl, and I love his position flex. I think you can move him around. I think I think he's the most versatile defensive line in this draft. You can play Hi anywhere up front.
Speaker 10: He's interesting, he's interesting.
Speaker 11: Like I said, I enjoyed his tape, and I'm just I'm curious to see how people start to look at him.
Speaker 10: So if you guys have opinions, please let me know.
Speaker 11: But we've been talking about Troy Filetanu and I was just like, he literally said that was the hardest player I played against, and that I think that says a lot about what he thinks about Dorless. If we think this guy could go first round, just.
Speaker 6: Really quick to the point of shiny object. At number twenty four of these are the formal meetings. That are some of them that the Cowboys had last week with receivers Keyon Coleman Florida State, Troy Franklin, Oregon at a night, Mitchell Texas, Xavier Worthy, Texas, Brian Thomas Junior lsu So, five potential first round wide receivers. The Cowboys are doing their due diligence there. They're trying to figure out what's going on at that position too, So don't be surprised, man, don't do not be surprised if free agency allows to do that.
Speaker 10: At twenty four, I would.
Speaker 3: Letter, will this in new existence? Aren't you? I don't think you want to start Team forty Burger back we can make that happen.
Speaker 11: Struggling with it because the way out talk about it, Babe.
Speaker 10: We still ain't talked about how they gonna run the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, all.
Speaker 11: The shiny toy thing is cool, but if an offensive lineman means they'll make me to.
Speaker 7: Run the ball, I am with you. I'm just saying, don't be surprised.
Speaker 10: I'm on like, will the shiny toy be nice?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Do you need to be able to run the ball in the playoffs when it matters most more?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: Well, the good news is they have fifty days to figure it out. The bad news is they have fifty days and only fifty days to figure it out, and then of course April twenty fifth comes around very very quickly.
Speaker 3: We'll be back on Thursday to break it down for you a little bit more. It's good to be back.
Speaker 2: It feels like every time we have the weekend off and then yeah, you're right back into it. It feels like it's it's a lifego. But don't have to wait very long for the next episode. We'll be back eleven am on Thursday for Bobby Belt, Nick Harris Brian brought us Aisham Morrison. I'm Kyle Yoma saying so long from the Draft show.
Speaker 3: We'll see you on Thursday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.