Speaker 1: Shoe.
Speaker 2: If you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my row Flame.
Speaker 3: Come in with last and come in with your love loundes.
Speaker 2: Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now, comics, just paying homage.
Speaker 3: What's up? Tips?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: She raised shot towns on speaking to the grown a second, We're gonna last, coming to kick in, and at the end we're leaving with just a lifted spirits. Think you want to revisit so your first second listen, young folks say it's lip oh folking, we dig it.
Speaker 3: Hey, no this do what you do? No do what you do? Nois do what I do? No fish.
Speaker 1: Hey, Hey, hey, this is comedian Flame Monroe and welcome to this week's episode of Laugh and Learn with myself and my beautiful co host, missus Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 3: Hire you touts, Hey tuts? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Girl life? Politics, Donald Trump, Kamala Harris, voting, book saving democracy, and I'm pretty all of those things wrapped up in Okay, So ladies, I want you guys to know that last week I was and what was I was in Semonto with Mss Clairemac and her wonderful family, and I did. I hosted an event which is a fundraise, which was a wonderful event. Uh from the Claire Mac and Clairemac Foundation. There's it's the name of the foundation is uh. Illudes me right now because I'm telling you all right now, it's been such a day. I got so caught up in this National Association of Black Journalists that we're gonna get to that. But my mind is right there, y'all, so we're gonna get to that in a minute. But I had such a wonderful time as Claire, thank you for always being so wonderful. All the people who came were I changed hearts, I changed mind. What is Bobby?
Speaker 3: What did you get? What did you get? What did Claire give him? I'm good, okay, you know. I like the big boom up front.
Speaker 1: Everyone was so wonderful and I love that they roll out the red copper for me. And so they hired me to be the talent for this event, not to speak on anything else, just to be the talent. And I had a great time. And Miss I was presented Miss Claire, who used to be the mayor of sam Mateo presenting me with a key to the city. Of course, I got some Jill Malone, I got some Chanell glasses, so many things. But it's just the way that people treat you, I'm telling you it is priceless on the way that they just welcome me into their homes and make me feel like our family. So I appreciate Claire Mac and the Mac family because that means more to me sometimes than the money. Now, I did get my check, thank you, miss Claire. But it's the way you treat me and make me feel it's always wonderful.
Speaker 3: Can I add something and then you can correct me if I'm wrong, just because you know I'm a nosy betch and I have to get the name of it.
Speaker 1: Look y' she's saying, and not mean what she said?
Speaker 3: Did you? Is it called Elbow Room? SLD? Was that the name of the fundraiser?
Speaker 1: Elbow Room is the fundraiser. It's an organization that helps women mothers or single pand helped to pay back their suit loan because a lot of people, Bobby yourself included them. Suit loans have you in a choke hold for such a long time, and a lot of times it's not even the loan. It's that damn interests. And so what they do. I signed up for the organization and they will pick a one name at random per year, and they pay off all your suite loans. They pay off all your student debt, so you can work and you can live and you can thrive. I think it's a wonderful organization. And to Holly Frier, who was the president of the company, thank you Holly for hiring me and believe it in me. Allow me to just to be flame and row. And I changed some hearts, I changed some minds, I changed some understanding there. And when I mentioned my podcast with my beautiful co host Bobby Clifford, those people lit up. They love you, Bobby, I'm telling you, they love it. They and they would tell me I love your chemistry. I love the back and forth. I say, do you ever hear me tell Bobby to shut up? They say, I've never heard come back, Bobby, come back Bobby, And they started laughing.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. But for everybody in case they did want to give something, I'm sure there's something listed on the web page. It's Elbowroom sld dot org.
Speaker 1: It's a wonderful organization and if you can donate anything. I'm telling you right now, fundraisings a high. We have to donate to every organization that we think. I'm going to tell you sometimes a dollar or five dollars will go way further than you think, So just take the time to do it. You know, sometimes when you do it on your credit card for five dollars, it costs you ten dollars, so you just go ahead and get a tenure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's true, but it's worth it. I mean, we've got to give back because the government can't do everything for us. I think everybody thinks that something magical is going to happen. Joe has certainly tried with those student loans. He's made big progress, but not all of us, unfortunately, me being one of them, were able to get something so help like this is terrific not to be saddled.
Speaker 1: It was so one of the and thank you all everybody involved. Everybody was so nice. The question. There was the guy I think I believe his name was oh David, maybe a white guy in the audience, and because we were outside in the backyard so I could see everything clearly, his face he was laughing at the majokes and stuff I was telling. But the smile on his face was the affirmation that I needed the entire time, because for the entire forty minutes that I was up there talking, he was enamored at me, Bobby and smiling. And it wasn't a smile like a smirk or what is this, It was, Oh my god. I love received. I loved his receiving mind because I'm probably something that he would never experience, but he received me so well, and that to me was like, this is what I'm doing. I'm doing what I supposed to be doing. So thank you again to Holly Fire, Claire Mac and the Mac family to the Elbow Room Foundation. You guys were so wonderful. I got to key to the city that was more important to me than anything. I feel so special me too.
Speaker 3: That's why I wanted you to mention.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm gonna try that to do nothing like P D D D. So y'all don't take you back. Okay, let's get it too.
Speaker 3: So the big, the big huhah. Just to remind everybody ninety seven days until the election, and let me tell you, folks, just because I've gotten my I've received my own. The primary ballots are out, so we'll have the primary election. But if you're like me and you like to have a ballot ahead of time just in case something happens, they're out, please fill out your ballots because if you want to see your candidate in November so that you can you can vote for them, you need to make sure that they're actually there. So so fill them out. And the flame has a little piece that was shocking to me. It's nothing that I ever knew before, but I think it's important.
Speaker 1: So you know, Bobby, Bobby has me as a damn research analyst. Y'all know she challenges me. But what I found out now that if you go to the ballot, because the Republicans are pulling out all the stops, they're pulling out all the stop well not even the Republicans, the Trumpelicans. So let if somebody writes on your ballot, so you go to turn into vote and they take a pin and they write off your ballot is in your ballot is invalid if they write on your valid, So you have to make sure and you have the right if they write anything on your ballot in pin, you can say no, no, no, could you give me another ballot, because they have to right there check the front in the back and make sure there's no pen markings on there or no writings. These are all little ploys that they are doing to get what they want. Also, there's a video out right now that just came out. I shared it on my Facebook page. I'm going to share it on Instagram later of a woman saying that now in Georgia, they can You can go to a website and Bobby, I can remove you off the ballot if all I need is your first initial, your last name, the county that you live in, and your birthday, and I can remove you so you won't be able to vote. Oh and this is only August, this is only July. By October, there's no telling what's going to happen. Oh yeah, Bobby, I have to send that to you. God crazy, it's crazy, and it's scary because we knew that they were going to play hardball, we knew that they were going to play dirty, but I don't even know if we knew to the level of what they were going to play, of how they want to get back in and make this happen for them.
Speaker 3: That's absolutely crazy to me. I'm going to have to look see. To me, I think everything is honorable. Everybody has integrity and this is how you do it. And I'm learning that's not necessarily the case.
Speaker 1: And when you just say that, Bobby, I mean sometimes I've been forgetting that you're a Caucasian woman, Bobby, because white.
Speaker 3: I can't help it. Hey, I'm white, white, I can't help it. But speaking of Georgia, Harris had her had her rally down there. They said that she gave a really a clean, clear speech. She did mention I saw Bill O'Reilly and something, b and he actually liked your speech. He just said, it's not that Trump isn't going to debate her. She said that Trump won't debater, it's just that he wants to wait until the primaries are over. I don't know why, because nothing's going to happen in the primary, Like there's nothing nobody knew was throwing at in So why not schedule debater now?
Speaker 1: It seems ridiculous to me, And I kind of understand his tactic with that, because he'll figure, like, your mind is already made up, and at this point, ninety seven days out, a lot of people's minds are already made up, but you can always change your mind. And that's what we say here are laughing on our motto. We're not trying to get you to change your man. We're only trying to get you to use it if you actually sit down and realize or step outside yourself over the racism. I said this before and I'm going to say it again. I think that even Caucasian people in this country, I'm sick of this chaos. Racism is going anywhere. But we'll go back to our respective corners and we will live in harmoniously. You know. I just think that people are really tired of all of this, this chaos in this country, the fighting and the hate and the ridiculousness. I do believe that, Bobby Am I so hard at hearts, and I'm not a Caucasian person, but I think. I'm sure it's something up in me somewhere.
Speaker 3: But oh, I think I think a little bit.
Speaker 1: But I think I think people are just hard of living like this. It's been going on for too long and it's ugly.
Speaker 3: I agree with you because and I don't go just by feeling. I go by what I see and want to hear, and what we've seen and what we've heard this week are two zoom calls, white women for Kamala and white dudes for Kamala. That the dudes, white dudes for Kamala, and both of those calls there were fundraising calls. They broke the zoom. They've never had as many I'm going to sound like Trump. They never heard as many calls. They never had as many calls on a zoom call and literally broke the system. They had to sign in and restart the call three times for each and it was still shutting down. She is she has collected, and not just by the white dudes and the white women. Overall, the first week of her campaign two hundred million dollars. That's pretty damn impressive. So I agree with you. I think people are just sick of it. People who are not racist, who are have no bias, We're just sick of living like this. I don't know what was better now that they're out of the woodwork and we see who they are, or before when I lived in Narnia and I thought everybody was just like me. I don't know what's worse. I don't know what's better.
Speaker 1: I love your little girl. Lost mentality Bobby. Absolutely, don't you ever lose that. Please, that's so innocent, because you know, we live in a fucked up country.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, but I don't associate with those people, so I don't I believe it happens. I know what happens. I'm watching it on television. I'm watching the violence. But up uh uh uh. But it's every time I'm shocked. I know I shouldn't be, but I am every time I see it. Sonya Massey, I am shocked. I like that he was is he has been charged with murder. I like that. They thank you absolutely. But everybody came out, and not only Biden, not only the chief of police, the governor, everybody came out and said it was murder playing and simple. You know, we've got to do better. We've got to figure it out. We need police reform. We've been screaming about that since the beginning. We need social workers in with people that might be a little more challenging or no.
Speaker 1: No, yes, I agree with all of that, but what we really need is police reform. Yeah, Bobby, I don't think that they need to change out all the police officers, but I do they think they need to put people who are familiar with a culture, or take a class or live around some of those people so that you'll understand, because it's like putting a round pig and a square hole. You don't understand the culture. And I don't know how irish. I know how you talk, Bobby, and I know you'll be telling me what to another time. And I'm sure your culture is like you. And if I wouldn't understand that as a police officer, I would think that you are being distracted on purpose because I don't understand. Just like I talk with my hands and sometimes I have an aggressive tone. That doesn't mean that I'm trying to attack you. It's just the way I speak and who I am. But I think they need to stop a training theese officer, especially these young ones, if you're going to put them in situations any older ones, because when you're old, you don't want to change. Let me just say that, but you need to learn that to be able to deal with the situations that you're put in. Because that was ridiculous. And I listened to the audio of his name was Sean. His name is Sean Grace, and the murderer of him, he couldn't explain himself. He wanted to sound pitiful. Then his family wants to come out and say they're under attack. Y'all, not under attacked for no reason. You under attacked because the monster that lived in your house. Y'all knew he was a monster. Y'all lived with him, so y'all knew. Y'all didn't know how nasty he was, probably to other cultures, but y'all knew who he was. Because if you're a monster outside the house, you are a monster inside.
Speaker 3: Do you remember back when well, I can only say say when I was a little kid. It's in Boston. They used to have partners, and they would they one would be of and it could have been coincidental, not on purpose, but maybe we need to get back to this. One would be of the neighborhood that they were in. So in Boston, the North End is Italian, so one of those cops would be Italian, and then they might have them with a black cop or with an Irish cop or whatever. I think we need to get back to that, and then the person who's in that neighborhood can explain to the other person what's going on. Blah blah blah. You know, this is, you know, it would be great to have Muslim people in or you know, Middle Eastern people as police officers so they can explain the you know, the culture, and no, she has to have her head and she can't come out, you know, covered, and blah blah blah. I don't. I think that's what I do.
Speaker 1: And I thought that worked with Alviser Friendly in the seventies and early eighties. I think it probably possibly still could happen. Problem is the few bad cops are so bad. And I said day the police officer, there is an old, good, old boy's quiet. You cannot tell on a bad cop because they will terrorize you your family. You know. It is. It is so many different components and people are afraid. So I get that part. I understand that part. But you knew what you stand up for and to be ad to stand up against the whole department and then you don't have your back covered if y'all go out on a stakeout or something. So it is so many different variables. But that is scary about me, you think that we have. But thank God for the other officer that was with him for having his body cam on because after all the lives that Sean Grayson told we would have never got to the truth of this matter and not been for this body camp and the way he killed this woman so effortlessly that we talked about before. This was not his first probably not even his second time that he has done it and gotten away with it or try you got caught this, So thank god.
Speaker 3: That second cop they had some of the footage because the camera doesn't go off right away. He was a mess outside. You know, I hope he's going to be okay. Uh, you know, it's not. It's not easy. As terrible as it was for poor Sonia getting killed. I think it's there's a there's a scariness for for the cop watching somebody be murdered right in front of you as well and worrying. Thank god, I think the cameras almost take that responsibility away. If we have to have the camera on, nobody has to squeal. We just have to watch what we saw. He doesn't have to squeal just.
Speaker 1: In this country. In this country, as we can see, a lot of times, we don't even believe what we see. So you know, because of almost like now you don't you don't know is it real or is it fake. Is it ai that this is where we are, this is what I'm not giving him a pass at all. Y'all know, I'm ready to hang on my damn self. But I know what you're saying. By me. Thank god we did have the camera, but we have seen the brutal asks on camera, and oh that's not what we're really seeing. It's just crazy right now. But thank god that he was caught, and thank god about it. Let's get on to the next subject, Claus.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the next subjects that the Acting Secret Service Director Ronald Row he had he was in front of the committee. Again, my god, you know what, I don't like ask somebody so this is off topic. I'm pulling my Irish on you. If you ask somebody question, give him an f and chance to answer the question, or just because they're not answering it quickly enough or they're not giving the answer. They were screaming. The GOP folks were screaming at him. But he came, you know, with new, new new details. You know, he felt that there was a breakdown in communication between the local law enforcement and the Secret Service. We already knew that that it was very siloed. He he felt it could have been prevented. I guess they had a counter drone or something, but they couldn't get they couldn't launch. It was something that was going on there. But he came with information. He's willing to take not responsibility, to take responsibility for the investigation that was done. But my god, they were just screaming. It was almost embarrassing. I'm like, you, listen, let him answer for the lover.
Speaker 1: Goode is well, everybody expect rapid fire answers now when they answer questions. The only person who's really good at a rapid fire question answer is me if you come and see me live. Because if you come and see me live, I'm gonna hit you right back. But I agree with you, Bobby. Nobody has the patience to let a person you ask me a question, let it marinate in my head. I have to rehear it again, I have to process it, and then it takes the time to answer. But they want instant gratification, which is where the world is right now. It should be embarrassing to them because if this was not an American person trying to kill, assassinate ex President Trump, if this was a foreigner or a terrorist, do y'all know that y'all dropped the ball so big that it showed. It's almost like open the door to say, look, we are inadequate as a secret service, which is supposed to be the top cop protecting like one of the top people in this country. And y'all were up there fumbling and tripping and falling and slipping and dipping and dabbing. It should be embarrassing to you all because what was the training, Where was all of the thought process? It was? It was. It was embarrassing, Bobby, And I'm glad nothing didn't happened to Donald Trump. I'm not, but I just don't want to see what afterman would have happened, because they would have blamed everybody except for the person who did it. But those secret services, they all of them should be replaced or removed, not fire from their jobs put them on this duty because they're not equipped to be in the position to protect a world leader.
Speaker 3: Well, that's one of the things that he would They were screaming about the people have them fired, and he's like, hold on, we're still investigating. Trust me. People were going to be held accountable, but we need all of the information first before you can't just going to fire everybody if it was one bad apple out of the group, you know that was responsible for something. So anyway, but I just didn't like I don't know when we became this like ugly. I don't like it. I'm I'm living in my bubble, I know, but I don't like it. I you know, I couldn't stand it. The other thing is, have you seen some of the ads with Trump. He's like on his hate parade with with Kamala.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't think he hates Kamala. I think he hates the fact that somebody they replaced because he felt like he was a shoe in with Joe Biden. And now they have probably they have put something young and smart, and everybody is so excited about it, you know, and there's a there's a new generation of hope and possibility in the country. And he hates that because he wanted it to stay smooth and go smooth about the numbers for him, which was which was why they are going to pool every something that I tell you on this date, which is July the thirty first, I'm waiting to see what the October faul out is going to be And when I say that, I say they're gonna pull a big caper. My conspiracy the on my head. I'm October, right before the election, like they did with Hillary Clinton and Kobe call me and them emails. It's going to be something big. But I want you to keep your head on the swivel and the words of T. T. Dan and keep your eye on the prize because everything is a distraction. They're going to do all they can to distract you from being focused on the big picture. So and I'm come October. It be close to Halloween. It won't be a treat, but it's damn sure gonna be a trick. Y'all ready to pay attention. I'm telling you right now, it's gonna be something.
Speaker 3: I agree to. He was on some interview and he said, and I'm like, what the hell does playtoy mean? He said, you know, oh, she's she's a joke and she's like a playtoy whatever that means. I mean, what is that a vibrator? You know, a doldo.
Speaker 1: But it's like he's so mad out the gunner.
Speaker 3: He says, can you imagine can you imagine she's standing next door? He would just think she was a joke. I don't know why. She's a beautiful woman. She's certainly capable, she speaks well.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't. The other his other conspiracy thing is other than that, is Project twenty twenty five, which we've been speaking about, right, So he doesn't know anything about it. He thinks it's terrible. It's a transition plan, which is what Paul Dan's. I think it's Paul Dan's has had had to step down from the Heritage group. He keeps pushing and pushing away and firing everybody that's actually an ask kisser for him. He's going to be in big trouble when it comes to Phillis.
Speaker 1: Sat about the beautiful part about Donald Trump. If the Democrats were just paying attention, give him a microphone, give him a platform, let him anything pass. Four minutes, he's toast to himself, and y'all not seeing that. He goes goes off topic. He's no good. After three minutes he goes off topic. He goes after like it's not and it's not hate. I don't think it's hate, Bobby. I think it's he's discouraged now because he thought it was going to be just the kebnet bag. But and so he rallies up his base to make it look like he hates or so that they could hate. But all you got to do is my grandmama used to say it. My grandmama said, I grew up on it to give his word. Bobby hates his word, but we grew up on Give a nigga enough rope, he'll hang yourself. All you got to do is give out Donald Trump a microphone and get out of his way. Guarantee he's going to destroy himself because he does know how to control it. He does not know how.
Speaker 3: I also, do you believe out of curiosity this document is nine hundred pages flame do you think he's actually ever read it to know that it's horrible?
Speaker 1: In Carol And when he was in office, his cabinet complained that he did not read the daily the stuff that came in every day, So we know he hasn't read this.
Speaker 3: So I mean before he makes and I think I heard somebody say on the news today that I JD. Vance. I think I believe wrote the full word for it, so he can't say that he has nothing to do with it, and he knows nothing about it, you know, a hundred people who have had their their pie in it and their finger in the pie, and he they all worked for him. So he's he sounds he sounds nonsensical. We keep talking about sleepy Joe, and we're worried about Joe Biden, you know, not being able.
Speaker 1: To carry The media always was on Joe Biden. But now the old man is Trump, and the media a saying Jack not.
Speaker 3: A thing he's talking about. I don't even know what the hell he's talking about. I was listening to him today, which we'll get you in a few minutes. He wasn't making any sense. He doesn't answer anything. He doesn't, he doesn't he he he's got no platform, he's got no They asked him today about d I. He didn't know what it was yet to define it. I mean, it's it's absolutely crazy. He was on the other thing is and listen and this is, uh, this is a good one for today about the Did you see him on that conservative Christian group? They were playing the clips from that. Do you want to tell people what he actually.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll get there. Let's get back. You opened back the corn of word for the NABJ, which is the National Association of Black Journalists, so they had this meet sit down with him today with a few women. First of all, I don't think that they should have had it. I just we were speaking when I produced how before we came back. Everybody a very valid point. It's just a distraction. And Bobby even said earlier Kamala Harris has been in the news NonStop and so he had to do something to get his name back out there. He stayed true to he was. I think that, and I watched some of the interview with the National Attorneys Association of Black Journalists with Navjaf. I think they came me in wrong. I think they came in too hot as opposed to steps to build up, because you have to know who you're dealing with. Read the room. Of course, you want to hit trouble with the hard questions, but Trump does not answer questions, so you have to almost smooth him to put him where you want him to be, and then you strike. But they didn't do that. They came in swinging the battles crazy. And I'm not saying that they were irresponsible for that, but you had to know who you are dealing with. You're so busy trying to appease an audience that you forget that you are a journalist, and you should. You could have got something out of him, but as it says, they got absolutely nothing from him. Nothing and the move that like like they said, the needle didn't move forward or backwards. But they got no information from him because they came in so strong right in the beginning. That's my opinion.
Speaker 3: He didn't. He didn't answer anything. He can't. So so Rachel Scott came came and asked, she actually asked the dei question. She came right out of him and said, you know a lot of people from your party have said that Kamala is a dei a placement. What do you think And he said, well, what is theei? So she told him the definition and he said, well define it. She goes, well, that is the definition, and then he went off on a tie rad You people were thirty four minutes late. I've never been treated so rudely. He just went on and no, no, no, no, no. I have done the most for black people since Abraham Lincoln.
Speaker 1: I would have told him to spell Abraham. I would have said, spell Abraham. I bet you can't go.
Speaker 3: Please, I'd love to know what he did. He did give money to the colleges, but less than anybody else. He gave two hundred and fifty five million annually. I looked it up and on the White House job Gov pages, it's all listed there for everybody. So in fact check me, Obama Biden gave seven million over the course of seven year, and then President Biden Harris have given, hold onto your hat sixteen billion over three years. So if you do all that adding up, I think it's seven hundred and sixty five million that Trump did. Who gave the most, Who did the most? I don't you know, I don't it's I don't know everything he does. He reminds me so much flame of Sarah Palin. Remember anytime you asked her any question, she'd go back to her pork bellies. So one taught them what the word pok belly meant. That bitch came out with pork bellies every every two seconds. I don't know if she was cooking them, she was cooking them, or she was gonna go look at him. He's the same. He goes right to Afghanistan and they've been the worst. They did, they were they did Afghanistan, they did It was a horrible withdrawal over three periods based on the information that we have. Could we have done a better? We absolutely could have. That was within his first year. What has he done the other three years? And then the inflation is too high and it's because interest rates are too high. That's based on the fat the interest rates, and you know we're ruining that inflation is ruining the middle class tragically.
Speaker 1: I believe that the NABJ did themselves a great disservice because, first of all, I don't think they even should have said, down with Donald Trump. You're not going to change his philosphi or his ideology. We're ninety seven days out. You knew who he was, but you did not read the room to deal with who he was. Because when you know who a person is, you actually have her hand, because then you have to change their strategy. They didn't change their strategy. Body. That was my only issue with that. Second of all, you run up something else after that. What was the next subject after the NABJ.
Speaker 3: We were talking about y'all interest rates and he was complaining about inflation and how he was going to ask time people bring down in translation and he said, drill baby, drill. I was disappointed. I'm looking back to get what you got. God, I'm sorry that that's all I got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is preponerous to think that Trump is ever going to change. But I'm telling you all right now, I'm like a horse with a blinder is on. We're buying it, and I'm hoping you guys stay focused because the tactics have only just begune. Oh, Karen Carpenter, We've only just be gone. They've only just been gone. I'm telling you, between now and the next ninety seven days, it's coming out of everywhere, and you don't be surprised on how things will happen. But stay focused on You've got to get to the post early voting, mail in ballots, do what you have to do, but make sure that your ballot is in, and make sure that you're a register, and make sure that every vote counts because we will need every vote that we can get popular vote, because we don't have no say so over that damn elect Loal College, which is the fear, I.
Speaker 3: Know, but we got people who are in those swing states and those battleground states. Please you to get out there because we I mean, remember Hillary won the popular we can't have that happen. One of the things I was I thought that he sort of hung himself on that. I don't know if anybody's paying attention. Claim was the police. So they brought up Sonia Massey. He wasn't quite sure. Is she the lady with the water? That's what he said. And so they and they said, well he's been charged for murder. Well if he did a bad thing, And she says, well, you said that everybody will have immunity, and he said, well, if they do a bad thing, but if they do something innocent, they shouldn't have to be They shouldn't have to be prosecuted. Yeah, they shouldn't have to be prosecuted. She said, well, what about the January sixth, Well, you know those people, they are patriots and he would absolutely exonerate all of them. And what about he goes, and not a person was killed that day? And she said, well what about all the police officers that were hurting? And you're there as you're because you're supporting now.
Speaker 1: And there was a woman killed on January sixth, remember the lady who went through it? A shot?
Speaker 3: He that, well, that's what he goes, Well, they shot a poor woman in the face the police. So then he flip flop. That's my point. He started out sounded like he was going to do some protection and then he flipped to you know, his people, his patriots were grave, and he answered nothing.
Speaker 1: And then so the hypocrisy of that was they shot a poor woman in the face. You knew about that, but you don't know about Sonia Massy that just happened. That just happened, and got shot the police officer that you want to give ammunity too. I want you all to just y'all hear and see what we hear and see. But are you processing it different? I just want to know. Yeah, good God, Jesus, help me. Then help me.
Speaker 3: They asked why the other one of the other questions they asked him, and of course he couldn't really answer. You know, I sort of enjoyed it because I saw him in another interview where for the first time in his life, as much as he can, he had a tap dance a little. They asked him why he why he voted for Vance, and then they went through the cat lady thing and not having families and his champions was you only you know, not everybody has He's very family oriented, but not everybody has to have families. I know people who have lovely families. I know people who have had a horrible situation, and I know people that just didn't meet somebody going to I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Say this today, on this day. I don't think that Vanks is going to make it to the on the ticket to the need. I don't. I think that he is going to replace Dady Van.
Speaker 3: He made a big mistake.
Speaker 1: I think that Jdvans is taking too much attention on Donald like Donald Trump's shine too, because he don't want you to stand in his life. He wants you to stand in his shadow. And I think that JD. Vans has taking yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The other thing he said was he graduated, he got into Yale without any family connections, like most of us don't have family connections, and he came from rough circumstances. I think he was like a middle class kid.
Speaker 1: You don't like his family made one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars and what in the early eighties, that's what I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, twenty five thousand dollars driving the truck. But he didn't come from too so anyway, I think you might be right. He also went on, So then you know he's trying to te he tries to he's going to inject himself anywhere that he's something positive. You know when he did win Ohio. Of course with my endorsement, he went Ohio. And then he starts talking about who cares Roby Wade and how everybody wanted it back in the States, nobody wanted it at a federal level. I was looking over like, like you believe in that? Like what the hell is he talking about?
Speaker 1: And then he started talking about that. We talked about that before. He believes what he's shoveling, and he says it was such authority, Bobby, that he makes people who are uninformed, Because if you're uninformed, then you have not researched a read. You will believe everything that he says.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would.
Speaker 1: I mean, thank you, by the because for making me research you.
Speaker 3: You know what he did say that I don't know. I've never heard it. I've never researched it, and now I will after our taping tonight. Is that Harris, she's not smart and she failed the bar exam. I never have you ever heard that she failed the bar exam. I know it's very hard. Some people take it and.
Speaker 1: A lot of people have not passed it on the first time, or they say that does not mean they're not a success. Thank you. How produced the air, And I'm saying a lot of people don't pass it on the first time, but that does not hinder their careers. You can still be a very successful or some people take it three times and that does not hinder their careers. He just he's looking for anything and everything to discredit this woman that is on his ass so hard, and I think that's what it is. I watched his nephew on the View and he said, Donald Trump hates to lose. This is not even about because he's missing for If you don't know what DEI living in this country at this point in time right now is. And I don't care what nationality you are, you really off the market because that's diversity, equity and inclusion, which is all they're pushing. He doesn't even know what that is. He's looking for anything to discredit her because she is tapping on his ass to take away the position that he really really wants. Fuck that he wants that he needs because disposition will keep them out of prison.
Speaker 3: Well he talked about that too, So the other part of that before he spoke about it, they said, well, the other thing that you've talked about a black jobs. What's a black job? So he said, well, any job that somebody has that he says, you know, and they're taking them away. And so I don't know what jobs they're actually taking, like you couldn't push them on it. But he talked about She goes, you know, the funny thing is nobody's talking about the big case that I want. He said, that document case, with that big sham case. He goes, George Schloppolopolis isn't mentioning anything about that. It's like he's a high schooler. But he didn't win. I mean he won't, but he didn't do anything. A judge that was that that he had appointed or or given favor to just agreed his way. It's going to go back to the courts. It's gonna end up going to the Supreme Court. And so you haven't you haven't won anything. But but you said something plame right there was he's looking for all of this to make to make all his mess go away. Yeah, so you know I can't. I was disappointed. I stupidly had I believed. I believed there was going to be a little bit more. The only thing that was a little in speaking with about Biden, you know, when he's got to get his shots in for him. So I believe it was Harris that asked him, you're going to be eighty two, which is older than President Biden, but at the end of your term, and of course he had to get a few shots, you know, like you know, well he's mentally doesn't whatever, whatever, I don't care. He said, some horses.
Speaker 1: Ass And we're watching, and we'll watching everything that he says. Here's the killing part. Everything that he has said derogatory about President Biden. We are watching him do the exact same thing in real time by it. But I hate that societies act like they don't see. He discombobulates, he calls the wrong name, he's confused on the topics, or he's uninformed on the subjects. He is ridiculous, but his bases die hard. So that's why I'm saying voting blue and getting behind how donated to add blue? I hope you guys are donating to egg blue, get behind the Kama Harris campaign. One dollar five dollars, three dollars, ten dollars, anything that in the general will help because we need money. What I love to see is that they have raised two hundred million dollars in a week towards Kama Harris's campaign. That is fantastic because the money had dried up with Joe because people didn't have faith in Joe anymore. But I was still riding with Joe until he decided to step down. Now I'm one hundred percent in behind Kama Harris because I'm not and all of you stop listening to this. First of all, I want to listen to our follow us here on laugh of line to listen to this and hear me clearly. Stop going to the clickbait videos of YouTube, on TikTok or Instagram of people having negative things to say about Kamala Harris with the clickbait oh she did this. Everyone has a pass, myself, yourself, Bobby Clifford, and we all have a past, and we may have done some things that we are proud of, but we have overcame it. I don't want to relive my past. Kamala Harris has a pass, but now she is the bright light of the future. Let's focus on that, because you can't change what has been, but you can change what's going to be. So let's got damn it. Get your ask to the pose, focus on what we need to do, and let's get her in so we all win because you see what we up against. And that Project twenty twenty five is is mind boggling. If you really have not jumped into it, Oh my god, good luck, it is so hard. Well, all Trump has is bombast right, but he just filibusters.
Speaker 3: And but he just met no, no, no, no, just to fill up the time. And I agree with the clickbait, So listen to it if you want to, but then go and research it. And the other thing I want to put put put onto people is, especially the younger people who might not know, there are certain rules and regulations that exist within a certain time, there's a certain climate within that time. What she might have done fifteen years ago isn't necessarily what she would do today exactly. So we all move and we grow, and we love.
Speaker 1: That word evolved. Yeah, y'all love her to use the word evolved.
Speaker 3: So she has evolved, yeah, such as our culture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what you said about it was very, very enamorateur. What I need to say now, with a young car, you have to meet people where they are. I've seen a lot of complaints. She had a big rally yesterday in Atlanta, thousands of people and they were complaining. That made the stallion performed on the show and she was shaken. You. But let me tell you something. That is a young demographic that does not understand a Frankie Belly, a Maide or Charlie Parker or a Dolly Parton. So what she did when she reached down to meet them where they was because they all know and love, made the Sallia who were bringing a whole nother demographic at eighteen to twenty five, I was not interested in politics. So she gets somebody who is pushing the movement to show that.
Speaker 4: Now do I wish maybe what is nice to say it badyadi yadiyadi and change it to bodyodi yod yodi to reach But nevertheless it works and she was dressed appropriately.
Speaker 1: She was dressed how the young kid is dressed. She's a young, beautiful woman. And this is where you have to meet. Like if you go to a playground, you can't go to a playground reading moby dick. If you go to a playground, you have to go with candy and coloring books because you have to meet people where they are. If you go to a middle class you have to meet people. I love that she is covering all the drummers because at this lest we need everybody that can vote, old, young, in between, senior, almost dead, just voting. Listen, if you were just being born and you could vote, I would be right there when the doctor pulled you out of stop of your on her as before you scream us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely absolutely. I mean we have to do we have to do something. People ask in the young ask questions what can each candidate do for you? And most importantly, how are they going to do it? So Harris had said something about people. We started talking about people are charging more than they had to for essentials for food. How would you bring down inflation? And all he said was drill, drill, drill, which is we already spoke. He's he is, he we're drilling more than than we than we are today and he he wants to get into fracking. And and that was it, and he kind of like he kind of went off the deep end. There was no more additional information.
Speaker 1: I think I think I need to be fracked right about now.
Speaker 3: I don't know, it might hurt a little, might have parts falling out after your frack me.
Speaker 1: With the way that it is all going. I'm listening to all of them, you know what, I'm really really excited about the Bobby. I'm even hearing some of his Republican supporters publicly not coming out to support Trump, but definitely I mean to support Harris, but definitely showing their distaste or disdain towards the way Trump is driving this machine. That is what I am loving because it is changing minds, it is changing thought processes. And it was like, in as much as I am a diehard Republican, I cannot go for this. I have to make a difference.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw I heard Bill O'Reilly tonight on Cuomo and then oh it was on CNN, and I can't think he's He's a bald man, probably around our age, handsome message.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, are you talking about me?
Speaker 3: Okay, come on, and you've got here. Let's not get crazy. So I heard both of them say that it was a lost opportunity for Trump this time. He should have handled it all differently. Was it on on trend or you know, on brand. It might be, But wouldn't it have been nice if he came out and actually talked about his policies. They said, talk about it if you didn't like Kamalist policies and you know, bring those down instead of you know, going after her character and going after Joe's character. We really have to pay attention and we have to. We have to, we have to do more, and we have to do a little bit of research. And for the younger folks, you do that all day and long. My god, if you want to pier a sneak as you go to ninety two sites, do the same thing, because this is this is your future.
Speaker 1: Because his policy is division and power. That is his capolicy. Three three things. Fear, division and power. That's it. And if you guys actually put that in a box, you would understand that that's all he wants. He wants the power. So he's scaring you into dividing from each other so that you all will fall up under his regime, which is what he wants. He wants to be a Kim Jungu. He was, I don't want to live like that. I don't want to just watch one program on TV. I don't want to be able to not say how I feel about something going on. I don't want to have to live in a way that you want me to live, and I can't have a car and no independence. That is what he wants, because you would have to go through him for everything. Absolutely he's showing you and he's incapacitated mentally to handle this. Now, it came out that the doctor that he keeps saying that he's in this perfect health and he's this, and he's that the doctor's license hasn't been balanced is twenty twenty. Oh my god, Yes, it's lies everywhere. Hell, he had the patch on the wrong Hold on, let me, we got the Trump supporters in the room. Do we have any he wants.
Speaker 3: The one thing he did say today, which I was actually shocked, he thinks everybody should get a cognitive exam. He aged two. I never saw the results personally, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But he hates two from a doctor whose license hasn't been doing since twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: So all right. And he said I would even like for Kamala to have to get one, like everybody should have to get one. Okay, I think that that sounds like a terrific idea.
Speaker 1: I think they should start with him and Donald Jr. Because good guy, Oh my.
Speaker 3: God, Eric, forget Donald Jr. He's got some anger issues. I think someone needs to sip a little xenx and it's smoothie.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looks, he looks. He looks freaky though. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, So you know what out our current president, our acting president, our president Joe Biden is still trying to get some stuff done. He is I don't know how he's going to do this with with less than six months and not getting two thirds of the House and some state legislation. But he's talking about reforming the Supreme Court. You know, he wants to have a constitutional amendment and those you need to have those two things we just discussed. In order to get an amendment that would limit president's immunity. Maybe he'll somehow do it. I don't think he can do it by the executs of order, but I mean, we really do need to have something like that because this is nut. Let's say even Trump doesn't get in, I still want it. I don't want Kamlin to be able to go rogue or something. You know, have some sort of hot flash and forget it, we're all over. He wants to have an enforceable code of ethics, which I also think they met we need after you know, Clarence Thomas taking gifts and Alito of marrying an aggressive woman who likes to put her flags upside down. And he also wants to implement term limits. So it is historically it's a lifetime position until you want to leave. But we have to remember when this was put in, and I can't remember it was eighteen something, thirty six or something. Life expectancy was short flamed, we'd be gone, do you know what I mean? Like, I think it was like fifty years old, so nobody expected there to be an eighty year old you know, justice in So I'd love to see if he could get something done on that, but I don't know. I wait, you know, we'll have to wait and say what do you think any of thoughts?
Speaker 1: I think that I am so focused as an American citizen Bobby to not live in a chaotic world any longer. That is how I feel. I check a lot of boxes on Project twenty twenty five, which is very scary, But if you care about your mother, your sister, your wife, your daughters, your girlfriends, if you care about the veterans, if you care about anybody affiliated with the LGBT community. Hell, if you care about yourself. I'm telling you right now, this is the most important election that we would probably ever see. And according to him at the Christian when he was speaking to the Christians, all my beautiful Christians, I love you Christians, and woo woo, this is the league you have to get out of a vote. But this is the last time because the opportunite words that he said after that is after this and four years, we're going to fix it. That we're going to fix it was the scariest shit that I've heard him say outside of he would give police full immunity, because what he meant was we're going to make it to where you can't vote. It's what we say, and that is it. And I hope you guys heard that for exactly what it was. Take that at face value because he did not stutter. That was one time that his man was working because he said exactly how he felt and what he meant. He is laying out the blueprint, and y'all don't want to take him seriously, but here's the killing part. He put it in your face, and y'all lovell oh, you're playing in my face. He's playing in your face, and you're allowing it. You are, you are allowing it out of your your ignorance because you don't want to face it because of fear. Don't be afraid. You should be more afraid if he gets in office. It's the truth.
Speaker 3: It's total it's total authoritarianism.
Speaker 1: You say it, I cannot say that, worry about.
Speaker 3: It, to say that ten times fast. His actual quote was, in four years, you won't you don't have to vote again. We'll have it fixed so good, you're not going to have to vote. I mean, can you imagine? And Adam Scheff got right on that. But you know what, we have to get on it. It's not up to Adam Scheff. It's up to all of us to make a decision.
Speaker 1: I want to remind all of my listeners out here too, y'all keep hollering about all these millionaires. First of all, thank you Melinda Gates. Melinda Gates donated fifty two million dollars to Kamala Harris's campaign divorce. That was and that was a reason that she divorced Bill Gates. I don't know what it is, but I tell y'all what you better pay attention. And she helped him become the Bill Gates that he is because behind every great good man is a great man is a good one. Yeah, but I ain't got off topic now, don't even know what I was about to say. But what I'm saying is that so many people have come forward to throw their head in the ring. And this is I don't know Melinda Gates. I've never heard that she was racist or anything, but like I said earlier on the show, even Caucasian people are tired of living in this chaos and BS nobody wants to give the police full community because here's this scenario right here. Not only am I black, but they would kill white people too because and I've seen it happened to because the police officer is having a bad day, male or female, you can't even question why'd you pull me over? Then that's oh you're challenging me, boom, You're dead, no consequences. We cannot have that in this country. They will kill your children, they would kill get your asses to the pole, both blue. Make sure that we can say what we can say, get all this sexes out of your head about Oh, women run the country. Women have dominated everything. And if you don't believe me, just watch the Summer Olympics because the women is bringing home the gold baby. And it ain't just women to color women period, I dominate. The world is ready for a female president. America is definitely ringy. She will have a great cabinet. I'm sure she's savvy, she's smart, and she earned every position that she has had. You might not have liked some of the ways that you know, some of the things that she did when she was in those positions, but she earned that she was They weren't given to her. She was appointed, she was elected, which means people believe in her. We now have to stand with her because to me as this country, as a Democrat, we did not stand with Jo Bidy. We discarded Jo Biden because we lost faith in him. Now we got a chance to renew our faith and show her that we are studying with you, comedy, besides you, behind you, in front of you, around you, and we'll be a lot better than those secret Service police officers that you didn't protect. Trump. Hold on one more time, do we have any Trump.
Speaker 3: Hey, he did say he would sit down with the FBI and discuss discuss what he saw, which I kind of actually believe that wouldn't be part of the investigation that well.
Speaker 1: It isn't that one of the things that he wants to get rid of A project twenty twenty five, doesn't he want to get rid of?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's probably what they'll say.
Speaker 1: Your science nearly a ship, Bobby right now, in my in my DNA, would be to give him, who seems to be a little disco related, a little not dementia is but forgetful, to give him the codes. They could end the world. They could end the world, not the country. Why would you give somebody who is this shaky and flaky the codes to the nucleus?
Speaker 3: But he said, so we started talking about it, So keep that in mind, everybody. One of the things that they ask and I'm not sure. I don't know if it was Rachel Scott, she said, She said he was eighty two years old. He'll be older than Biden. She said, would you step down if you had health issues? Or he said, oh, of course I would. I would. I am sure I would know. Like sitting here and then all of a sudden, he starts talking about the border, which had nothing to do with the price of eggs. So she brought it back around whoever was asking and said, well, do you think jd. Vance's would be ready to step in on day one? That he didn't answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Then all of a.
Speaker 3: Sudden, that's how they sort of ended, and things had too things had to close up. So I'm with you, it's some scary stuff. Something that actually was positive that came through today is the Senate overwhelming past bipartisan legislation. I think it was yesterday to protect minors online, you know, to put all sorts of safeguards in place, et cetera, et cetera. Mike Johnson in the House has not looked at it yet to schedule a vote, but we're hoping where it was bipartisan in the Senate, that this will go through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are. We are the ninety seven days away, ladies and gentlemen, from one of the most life changing events of the American the democratic system. Me andbody can talk till we're blue in the face, and blue is the color. So we're blue because blue is the color. But the final decision is yours. I don't want you to think that your vote don't have no weight, because this is what I was going to say earlier. You'll vote as somebody who is not rich, as the same weight as a billionaire, as a Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos or a Mark Zuckerberg. They have more money than you, but your vote weighs the exact same amount as their. Utilize your weight, use your weight, use your vote, use your voice, use your choice. But make sure that you're registered. They are pulling out all the tactics. Make sure that everything is lined up, because you don't want to wait till the day of and then you lose, and we need every vote, every If we lose this election, I'm praying to god we don't lose a bout one vote and you didn't vote. Oh yeah, it's your fault. They're gonna make a list. I'm gonna shure it that your house is full, drag naked. I'm gonna terrorize your children. Oh my god, I'm gonna scare the hell out of them. They gonna think they saw Bonnie Bozo and could get a clown. Let's be let's do this, y'all. We could. I believe in us as a country I believe in uh and racism is not going anywhere. It's going to still be here. It may not be as prevalent, but it we will still be here. But I do believe that as a country, we can move forward. We stand together as a unit. So let's do this. I'm telling Kamala Harris and thank you body clipping because I was on the Record Club in twenty twenty and she was not my favorite. I publicly said that because I heard somebody else say, as a prosecutor doing her job, that she was this, that and the ferry. But Bobby makes me research. When I researched that this woman was doing her job, and you have to remember that if you do the crame, you're going to get convicted, if you get caught. It made me do a turnaround. And at this point, right now, I was still like Andrew Yang, but Andrew Yang and in the running. I was still like Booty Jeds. But Booty Jeds is not in the running. Kamala Harris is in the running. So that's who we have to get behind. Put our steam behind, put our money behind, put our power behind, and let her feel the love and the energy from her base because Dad will keep her charge to fight this machine. This is not Kamala Harris versus Donald Trump. This is Kamala Harris versus the mae. Let's beat this machine. I like that title right there, Bobby, Kamala Harris versus a machine, Supreme Court, centered house, all of these foods, trumpeticins. Let's go, Let's go, Let's go. So thank you guys for joining us here left a learning this week. You can we are just listen. We are in the scariest politics politics is right now. It's so exciting. It really is exciting if you take the time to get into it. And I hope that Bobby Clifford and I myself are breaking it down and explaining to you all to where you can understand it simply because politics filibusters and independence and it can be scary those words. Look, it was d I was scary than Trump because it's because he don't know what it means. So if you don't know what it means, it's scary to you. So I hope that Bobby and our ABC it for you guys, so you get it how we get it, and understand that this is not a platform. What we are teaching you. This is a platform where we're learning from each other. You teach us, We teach you. If you have stories, topics, things that we should discuss. Hit Bobby at the Instagram page Laugh and Learned podcast or follow her at Clifford Bobby on Instagram and Bobby Clifford on Facebook. I'm on all social media platforms a Slam Monroe except Instagram, My Monroe flame because here her laugh a Learning Season four of Laugh and Learning. Thank you Ihar, thank you Black Effect. We are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind.
Speaker 3: Because why Bobby, Because a mind is a terrible thing to waste, and a.
Speaker 1: Vote is a worse one. So vote blue. Donate to Act Blue. Donate to the Kamala Harris campaign because one, two, three, five, ten, twelve fifteen, two hundred, three hundred five thousand goes a long way. This campaign will not be one on love and positivity alone. It does take money, and it takes a lot of money to fight the machine. This is slame Monroe. What's your name, lady, I'm Bobby Clifford, and this is Laughing Learning. Thank you to our producing this to Aaron howe. We will see you guys next week. Doces. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, our Heart Radio app, or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is flaming Road. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and learn