Speaker 1: Native Lampard is a production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Reason Choice Media.
Speaker 2: Welcome home, y'all.
Speaker 1: This is episode one twenty one of Native Lampid, where we give you our breakdown on all things politics and a little bit of culture sprinkled in every now and again.
Speaker 2: I'm your host for today, Andrew Gilliman.
Speaker 1: I'm joined by my fellow co host, the amazing, incredible, talented Thank you, Thank you so much, Angela Ross Christ.
Speaker 2: Book ourselves there.
Speaker 1: We're also going today by a very very very very important.
Speaker 2: That vvvvvv ip for the show. The host of revolts the People's Brief.
Speaker 1: Many of us fell in love with her during her sporadic social media posts parking lot, pimping and guess what else? Fresh off of her own twenty twenty six and double a CP image for everybody.
Speaker 2: Thank you, what's up? What's up? Everybody walking home?
Speaker 3: Welcome poet. The poet has our poet, Lauria.
Speaker 4: This is a teaching moment everybody across the globe who falls on content that was unlessing.
Speaker 3: My name is not rhyme.
Speaker 4: My name is but me and that's okay, it's phonetic. Everything's fine.
Speaker 2: Do you know what. Nobody has told.
Speaker 3: Me that it's in the script, but keep going.
Speaker 2: I didn't know, but but all the time.
Speaker 5: But it's also to also it's also to ease though, so I mean that would yeah.
Speaker 6: But phonetically it's it's people and it's Renees got to ease sometimes I can understand the confusion, but it does.
Speaker 4: There's no accent on my and.
Speaker 1: I did take French for four years and for college, so I think I try to.
Speaker 3: Let's just let's just the last party.
Speaker 2: No, but he went to fam. We should keep that so that every.
Speaker 1: Brother running from family expect for all of our awesome, incredible listeners. I know you all's heads have been on a swivel as Donald Trump continues his march to have all of us on some kind of anxiety prescription medication.
Speaker 2: But the devil is a liar.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on in the world.
Speaker 1: We're going to do our very best to cover as many of these important topics as we possibly can. I will go ahead and not bury the lead. Elections occurred this week, and we're going to talk about it. It will be part of our main topic today. But also there's a war raging in the middle East, and it seems to be expanding every single day, taking on a new country and a new country and a new country. This is the world in Donald Trump's mind and now our unfortunate reality. But before we get to all of that, we've got, of course Bakari's favorite part of the show bus.
Speaker 2: I think I'm the only one that uses that.
Speaker 7: So are.
Speaker 2: Is your situation awareness?
Speaker 1: And y'all, I'm just gonna invite you to bring in your topics the thing that you wanted the listeners to be aware of. But I'm gonna kick us off because I have grown very, very used to and I'm sure you all have as well. When you're watching congressional hearings under these Republican senators leadership also known as ladies in waiting to Trump, Democrats do all the heavy lifting well this week, and in this particular committee, the Democrats got an assist from a Republican none other than Tom Tillis of North Carolina as they for the first time heard from Secretary of Christy Noome Department of Homeland Security since all of the chaos that she rolled out and Minnesota. Let's hear Tom Tillis joined the Democrats and some.
Speaker 8: Heavy lifting on the committee, and what we've seen is a disaster under your leadership, Misnown a disaster. What we've seen is innocent people getting detained that turn out our American citizens. I could talk about the culture that's been created here with Stephen Miller aiding in a betting. I heard first reports that he was the one that said it was a domestic terrorist situation where two people lost their lives in Minneapolis.
Speaker 2: I've heard that report. Maybe you can refute it.
Speaker 8: I don't know that we'll have time for you to respond because I'm giving you a performance evaluation here. I'm not looking for a response, and I'm saying Misnown that time after time after time.
Speaker 2: I've been disappointed.
Speaker 8: But before I get back to looking at the vicious people that did this damage to these families, I want to talk a minute about FEMA.
Speaker 1: So, y'all, I was just going to say, bear with me because there's a second clip from the senator, and usually we don't go this long with the clips, but y'all, is not every day that a Republican finds a spine. So go with the second part because it wasn't just about Ice. He also wanted to school the Secretary about her book.
Speaker 8: Secretary, I read your book last week, and honestly, some of the parts of it impressed me, but some of it distresses me. And I'll give you a good example of one that does the passage where you talk about killing a dog that was fourteen months old. I trained dogs, all right, and you are a farmer. You should know better. You should know that if you're going out to a hunting lodge and you're putting pheasants out and you're putting dogs out, you don't take a puppy out there. A fourteen month old dog is basically a teenager in dog years. You decided to kill that dog because you had not invested the appropriate time in training. And then you have the audacity to go into a book and say it's a leadership lesson about tough choices.
Speaker 2: It's in your book.
Speaker 8: We could play it if we had time. At that same lunch hour, you killed a goat, and you killed the goat because you said it was behaved badly. You are a farmer. You don't castright to go they behave badly. You should have probably done that before. But my point is those are bad decisions made in the heat of the moment. Not unlike what happened up in Minneapolis. I expect we're an exceptional nation, and one of the reasons we're exceptional is we expect exceptional leadership. And you've demonstrated anything but that. And the time that I've seen you responding to the emergency in North Carolina and across the Southeast, and acknowledging when mistakes are made and speaking too soon for the expedient of social media or whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Why is he still talking, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: Because it is long refreshing. However, to hear a Republican finally stand up saying all along with with with a degree of earnestness that reflects I think where the majority of American people are now. If you all are wondering on the listening side, how it is that Tom Tillers found the courage.
Speaker 2: I should have also said that he.
Speaker 1: Has announced his retirement, you're running again for re election from the great state of the Carolina.
Speaker 5: I still think there's value in it, and I am not going to I'm not gonna I actually know Tom Tillis. He was a Speaker of the House in North Carolina when I was in the General Assembly here, so I actually am very familiar. I broke my ribs playing in the North Carolina South Carolina basketball game one time, and Tom Tillis escorted me to the hospital. I know him very well, just in a random story. However, there has to be space during this time of battle where when people do right, say right things, regardless of their circumstances or context, we add them to our you know, mode or means in which we're fighting this battle. At the end of the day, politics is still the same, and people forget this all the time, and activists forget this all the time, and people on the far left and far right forget this all the time. And politics is about addition and multiplication, it's not about subtraction and division. Tom till Us hit every note.
Speaker 2: He was right.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying he's a democrat. I'm not saying we should give him a medal of honor. I'm not saying anything else. But I'm saying, during this moment of truth and honesty, he said everything appropriately about Christy. No, he skewered her appropriately, and he's going to lay the foundation for others.
Speaker 2: To do the same.
Speaker 3: Can I just say.
Speaker 6: It is so frustrating that they finally stopped gaslighting us when they decide to retire or resign because they got caught up in their own stuff. It's really frustrating, especially given where we are right now. What also irritated me remarkably about the farmer connection to Minneapolis is we're talking about two people who were killed in Minneapolis that we know of all of the hundreds of people who have been disappeared in this country.
Speaker 3: Keith Porter Junior, who was killed.
Speaker 6: In California, and he's talking about a goddamn dog and a goat.
Speaker 3: So I just at that point taken.
Speaker 2: But that was four minutes.
Speaker 6: Excuse me, I know what he said, and we damn near played all fifteen minutes on the show, I'm sure, and I'm saying I heard enough at forty five seconds in. I do not want people's lives to be compared to the farmer's bad decisions about a goat and a dog. And I'm not saying that the goat and the dog don't deserve to live before Tiff, Peta and everybody the hell else come after me.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is, please do not.
Speaker 6: Compare ice is bad decisions with their bad bonuses that people will never badly get to what she did on the farm. I just don't care her should have stayed on the farm anyway.
Speaker 3: That's all I got it, Just Tom, whatever.
Speaker 6: Tom, thank you for taking Makari's broke ribs to the hospital too.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you.
Speaker 5: First of all, I felt a lot better. I felt a lot better after that. They gave me this little medicated anyway, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Thank Someone said it's fine.
Speaker 4: I'm sad and I understand what you're saying, because I don't. I don't think we have to equate like human lives to animalize for them to matter. I think what I took from that clip, I ignore a lot of the fluff because I don't expect nothing but bullshit to come out to people's mouths anyway, especially if they're late to the game. But just what I took out of it is using Christy Dum's words against her, her trying to peddle this propaganda that she has to make tough decisions as a leader, when the tough decisions she made were due to a lack of poor planning on her part as a leader. So that's what I took from it. I hear what everybody's saying, but anytime somebody is calling out Christyna, I'm gonna figure out what they're saying because they're true to it.
Speaker 1: That's how I feel that we're moving on. But just to say I think I think we are. Let's state the obvious. We're applauding people for doing the very basic level of their jobs. I get it, But when when it is so absent by the other side, it does seem to stand out when somebody over there does stand up, or at least sits up if he ain't all the way standing. Angela, I heard you have something on your mind. You wanted to get off staying.
Speaker 6: With crazy white women. Meghan Kelly is who I want to talk about this morning. Megan Kelly. For the first time in my black life, I think I might agree with her.
Speaker 3: Let's roll the clip.
Speaker 9: Look, there are massive divisions over what we've done here, and people are going to change their minds over the coming days and weeks one way or the other. But my own feeling is no one should have to die for a foreign country. I don't think those four service members died for the United States. I think they died for Iran or for Israel. I think I understand how this helps Iron perfectly.
Speaker 3: Well, I get it.
Speaker 9: I mean, I hope long term we'll see, but they seem rather jubilant. Eighty percent of the country does not support the Ayatola. He was a terrible, terrible man. No one's crying that he's dead, no normal person. But our government's jobs not to look out for Iran or for Israel.
Speaker 3: It's to look out for us.
Speaker 9: And this feels very much to me like it is clearly Israel's war. Mark Levin wanted it. It's his war, Ben Shapiro, Lindsay Graham, Maria Maddelson.
Speaker 3: That's obvious.
Speaker 9: They're the ones who've been pushing us into them.
Speaker 3: So I want to just clarify.
Speaker 6: I didn't agree with everything she said, but I think that it's important to note that there are too many times where American lives are sacrificed for a concept that we may not be clear on the fact that Donald Trump did not get congressional approval authorization for this war, and he ran on America first and not engaging in war, and he's engaging in the very opposite of that. In fact, there was conversation about Ecuador putting troops on the ground in Ecuador just on Tuesday. So I just want to flag that this is the first common sensical thing I have ever heard Meghan Kelly say.
Speaker 3: So kudos to you, Megan.
Speaker 2: Try to keep it on the side of attraction and uification.
Speaker 5: That's just what we said about Tom Tillis. I mean, it's kind of the same same trough.
Speaker 3: You see that.
Speaker 2: It's because it's the same thing. I mean, somebody on the other side. Finally, I know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying. He's not okay, I want to hear this go.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: I mean I'm going to say something that I'm trying to say, something like a superficial no. I mean, I'm not going to dig into the content of it, because it is what it is. I was going to say that I actually appreciated the Dracula chic that she was wearing with the collar bone, with the collar bone to the mid drift out.
Speaker 2: I just thought that the dragon, that's what it is. It's called above that above the what's it above the us from the rest of the collar bone. What is it your chest? That's the chest.
Speaker 6: No, it's it's got a French name. What's this I don't know.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 6: Anyway, I don't see I don't think I want to hear Andrew, I want to hear what I want.
Speaker 1: I think it's the Actually, she's not in office office.
Speaker 2: She is a person.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was just going to say in the vein of people who frequently say things that we don't want to hear, or who are who are canonically on the wrong side of history, just right for the first time. I also think of Nick Flint as telling about about Democrats.
Speaker 3: Now, like my thing about all these I didn't see that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think my thing with all these people is are they saying things that are on I guess our side of the fight? Sure, but they are only commenting on things they think are so like far from I guess themselves. But the issues that remain here in America, there's still one hundred percent down for perpetuating absolutely lives on on Three of those people agreed.
Speaker 1: But I think I do think it's I think it's fair game for folks to criticize us when if we give laudatory comments about people who otherwise ninety nine point nine percent of the time are opposite us and want to speak to our demise. But the truth is is everybody don't get bought to the savior the same way, right, Different different walks in life lead you down that past.
Speaker 4: That's where I'm cutting it off. I'm not giving these people that much just because you have one good opinion or no.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, if it leads to.
Speaker 1: If it leads to them voting the right way, tossing Republicans out of power and putting Democrats in who will then hopefully have their spine, keep.
Speaker 2: The president and you know, accountable, I'm all.
Speaker 4: Right, But I don't think to a temporary fix or a temporary hurrah.
Speaker 2: I don't think I got after. I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't believe it's a marriage made in forever. I think it is a trans stand there it is. It's a transition.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 2: Caution.
Speaker 5: All the young people listening one night stands can't lift. It can lead to a long, long you know.
Speaker 6: I don't know why it is doing off message. He said that Ellen would kill him, But.
Speaker 10: I'm just saying, can't lead to a long day long before we get I think you had a story to tell before.
Speaker 2: Is that a seguestion? That's a terrible segue.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, before we went down this tragic road that I think we can file both of these, even though I don't see the exact parallel. I'm willing to file both of these under broken clocks are right twice a day.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's okay. That's all I got for y'all.
Speaker 4: Said, Okay, yes, I just want to do a little bit of chatting. I guess this is more pop culturey. But the brand owner, Ania of Honeyfa the brand, is deciding to shut down her business.
Speaker 3: If believe, we have a graphic.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of videos out there, but they're kind of long discussing what went down. A little bit of the backstory is she had this super sale over Black Friday. She had like forty five percent off of all garments, but they were all pre order, and unfortunately for her business manufacturing to have so many delays, it pushed people's pre orders back and people were rightfully upset. And so after the initial discomfort, people supposed to get their stuff in December, Decembruary, December, and January, and still some folks have not gotten their things. So she posted earlier this week and says it's a strange thing to grieve something that's still alive, because at times this entire situation feels like grief. The waves of it just heavy in a way that's hard to explain. I've been sitting with this question for some time now. Is it all worth it? I've considered shutting Hanifa down because that was a lot. I think we can all agree when something goes wrong at this level, you don't argue the cost, you deal with it, and you take responsibility.
Speaker 2: This well, is that the only way to take responsibility and ask a question?
Speaker 4: Because I'm not I think there's a lot of measures to try to take responsibility.
Speaker 5: I can ask a question I don't. I don't know much about this, but like and so this question comes from pure ignorance. That's my self awareness. My therapist keeps talking to me about so, like why why why have a sell and sell more product than you can afford to sell.
Speaker 4: I think it's her business model. I was you have a shot at Hanifa before tell you?
Speaker 2: This is how I said.
Speaker 5: It comes stract on you just on a basic like ignorance, like economics platform. Thank you, Angela. I'm trying to.
Speaker 3: Really saying, I don't know that she was asking you.
Speaker 6: I think she was asking generally, Yeah, now you tell us what you were doing, because I didn't know.
Speaker 3: It's fine.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say, I think it's her business model, and sometimes it might be more advantageous financially for a business to do business this way, especially if they have a particular relationship and turn around time with manufacturers. Sometimes it's just the way that they choose. It has worked for her in the past. As someone who has shopped at Hanifa a number of times, there are always items that seem to be on pre order, but I often get them before the date that's said on the website. This just happened to be a really unfortunate situation, and she was on maternity leave, and I think what exacerbated the situation is that the forty five percent off sale brought in a lot of customers that don't typically shop because the price point is a little higher because Anifa is a brand that is more catered to special occasions and a little bit better quality than what a lot of women have options to shop for. But anyway, so it just brought in a lot of people who are not familiar with her model or just with the business itself, and so it just engendered a huge conversation online about whether she herself, as an individual is responsible for this mishap, whether the business adequately try.
Speaker 3: To remedy the prepoty of the situation.
Speaker 4: All I know is that they try to do a lot of communicating about what was going on. But someone made a video that was a great point. I just said that they focused on like special occasional, where so a lot of people order this, banking on it to be here on top for a particular opportunity, and so they've already invested X amount of dollars on this to now not have it, it does create frustration. But I think what that person also said in the video I'm thinking of is that we don't have this same sort of vitriol when we get seventy two items from sin and none of them fit.
Speaker 3: Right well and this is poorly made. This is the thing I think.
Speaker 6: You know, I was raised in a household where it was so important to us to shop black businesses, and so the narrative that a lot of people have around you know, well, if it's a black business, you're not gonna get it on time, or it ain't gonna do you write it and have an attitude.
Speaker 3: We didn't.
Speaker 6: I didn't grow up with that, and so it always shocks me to see that type of vitriol and hate, especially in a public space like on social.
Speaker 3: ANIFA has always been helpful, Like.
Speaker 6: I had some stuff on back order for a while that I ordered in October and I got it basically for Christmas. And I know, like tariffs are impacting our businesses, whether you're black, brown, white, or whatever. You know, manufacturers don't can't afford to stay open because of inflation and all of these other things. There are many challenges that go far beyond you know, this very amazing visual that she's created in her products, which are also amazing and amazing quality.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to wear the four things I ordered.
Speaker 6: But I will just say like I hate this for her, and I hate that it had to be such a public condemnation. It wasn't loving at all. It didn't feel like a build up. It felt like people very much so waiting to tear her down. So I just want to send love to her.
Speaker 2: This isn't her motive operanda, right, This is now.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying is she relied on a manufacturer that fell short, so there was a break of region.
Speaker 1: Are you What I was trying to establish is whether or not. This is kind of how it is. It's always a.
Speaker 6: Del I think one day was saying the same thing, right like, this has never been the case. Normally she would get her items before the pre order date established. Same And I'm saying that there are other implications. And so when we tell people at home to to pay assision to politics, that if you don't do politics, politics will.
Speaker 3: Still do you. This is what we mean.
Speaker 6: It will impact you at healthcare from urgent care to your primary care physician. It will impact the prescription drug that your parent has to rely on. It will impact whether or not you get your bad ass dress to wear in time for that event you couldn't wait to get to. Your politics, will do you step up? Say something, and definitely don't attack one another. We cannot afford to cannibalize each other.
Speaker 5: I was going to say that this is a unique time for black businesses. I think that they're filling the runt of a lot of things. And I feel like, upon my questioning, because I don't I don't shop at ANEFF, I don't know them, and so that's why I was appreciative of you guys educating me on the topic.
Speaker 2: But I feel like they're different.
Speaker 5: Bushels that black businesses fall into, like the general public. But I think that we're seeing whether or not you're to my slutty Vegan that's utilizing all of the resources necessary that they could use in terms of bankruptcy and other things like other business issues, or Uncleaneers which is going through their own issues, or now Hanifa, which is going through their own issues. I think each one of those three are in three different bushels. But I think we should probably talk about that or dig through on this show in particular, maybe in the upcoming weeks, bring somebody on to talk about and educate folks on some of the trials and tribulations that these black businesses are going through during these turmulent times. Because I just identify three that are struggling on different fronts, like in different ways.
Speaker 2: And you know, I wish you say what No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I myself I had a business. I started a business maybe year and a half ago, and it was primarily tea but also fine China, like actual tea cups manufactured in China.
Speaker 7: Cup.
Speaker 3: She uses it on pimping for those to watch not close by.
Speaker 4: But once I saw the things that were happening with the tariffs, and also hearing from my manufacturers that things were slowing down because I know, because I already knew that running the business was already a tax on myself as a creative, and all these things, I liquidated it.
Speaker 2: I said, we can come.
Speaker 4: Back to this later once all this off a six. But I knew it was not going to turn out well for me given my particular products. That's not any sort of shade to anybody else who didn't make that decision. But I want to go back to your earlier question as well, about like why have a model or why sell more than you can afford? Pre order sometimes has to be what black businesses get because they don't have the capital.
Speaker 5: It's not afford Like I don't want to say no, no, no, I want to be it's not more than you can, it's not more than you can afford. It's understanding your production, meeting your the the request or the volume request, and so there has to be some and I and this isn't I'm not I'm not condemning Hanifah. I'm just asking a question of can you produce as much as the request or the supply requires? Can can your can your I mean can your demand? Can your supply meet your demand? Is what I'm is simply what I'm asking. That is the question that I wanted.
Speaker 6: She would have said yes before, and I think's earlier.
Speaker 3: We should move on to the next flip.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like she she got a flood of new customers, So no, in that instance, she couldn't every other time she could.
Speaker 2: I hate to believe you this.
Speaker 1: I just the reason I asked early on was closing the only option here, it seems, and you all may know you clearly would know better than me. But maybe there were a number of things happening and then like this on top of it. Or was this this unfortunate delay and the unique nature of the demand being so much greater than what her normal sales might might solicit. Was was whatever indebtedness that was created from that incident so great a financial burden going forward that she just couldn't keep keep the business.
Speaker 2: Or was it brand harm too? That could be it too.
Speaker 4: I think it was a number of things. She also has a brand spaking new baby boy at the house, and it's could.
Speaker 1: Have been a lot, been a lot too, Okay, all right, I feel that all right? Well, I wish them what's the weather. Funny thing because list of the businesses was that in our community, it's crazy because we can list the businesses on our fingers, and in the majority community we get abused. I mean, I ordered some cologne, my favorite from a very uh well known inexpensive and paid for that two dollars rush because.
Speaker 2: I needed here. I'm not talking to you.
Speaker 1: My point is is that it didn't get here in time almost three No, it's I'm to say two days today, Russia. Let's bring it to the point. That's the point is that if it were a black business, there are some folks who may have gone and blown it up because you paid whatever.
Speaker 2: But this was a.
Speaker 1: Well known hir End brand, and of course that wasn't going to be my default, nor did I make that. The thing that I now think about them is that they don't deliver on that that that's not the new narrative.
Speaker 2: That I have for them.
Speaker 1: And so I guess part of it is is like we also have to show some grace or equality between how we treat works.
Speaker 6: I was wait, I just want to say really quick, as a point of clarification, Anifa has not decided that she's going to shut down. She is contemplating shutting down, so I want to make sure it's very clear about it.
Speaker 2: She has a raise. I hope she reach it. If it works that we know we all have the.
Speaker 6: Same time, the main one saying that you got a heart out at two fifteen, so let me do it. Let's go next clip.
Speaker 2: That's why I need therapy.
Speaker 3: This is why I heard you learned.
Speaker 2: Somebody with a heart out. That's not Is this a segue?
Speaker 3: It's happening, but it's not you.
Speaker 2: Bruh.
Speaker 5: Oh, we do something happening and the global so I didn't know which one we were going to, but yes, I think that this. I think that as we look at.
Speaker 3: Our own.
Speaker 2: Skip.
Speaker 1: I really wanted to use that hard out for the toss that we cut.
Speaker 2: That was gonna be angelus. Oh yeah, but what did No? I picked up the ball. It didn't work. No, it didn't work, but it's cool. I like Clinton.
Speaker 3: I'm so confused.
Speaker 1: I don't know we're going to do Clinton. You're not doing Yeah, slip hard out doesn't work anymore.
Speaker 6: I would have kept that toss, but thank you.
Speaker 2: That would have been hilarious.
Speaker 3: But Andrew Andrew is Comedie Today.
Speaker 2: Book car you got it. So look are we doing a man? My corona were doing Ksey concept?
Speaker 11: She on?
Speaker 2: Which one are we doing? Concept?
Speaker 3: Your clip?
Speaker 2: I have to Angela stop screaming at me.
Speaker 5: Jes so so look I have Uh it's a blessed day. I have been concerned. I've been concerned uh recently, and I've learned a lot. I shout out to Jimani who joined us last week. Uh Williams advocate public advocate in New York, who heard a lot about about Tourette's. And after watching that, I also am somebody who is that weird guy who puts on the NFL network and watches NFL combines?
Speaker 2: And I found a young man named Casey concept she on.
Speaker 5: I hope I pronounced his last name correctly, but he spoke with a stutter. And and watch this clip that we have here where he's actually given an interview, and then we'll follow.
Speaker 2: Up with his remarks. After my meeting with the Bills, it went really well.
Speaker 12: You know, you know I'm actually from you know, well, I was actually born in New York rock you know, uh five a five. You know I mout out a Charlie. You know when I was about five, you know that's that that is the Bills. Is is actually my dad's favorite team. So you know, you know I've been watching him, you know, uh, I I have been watching you know, us since I was young. I've been seeing you know, Josh Allen. You know, uh, he's one of the best quarterbacks in the league.
Speaker 5: And you know, I would be grateful, and first of all, shout out to that brother for standing in front of the mics. And then I'll read a bit of his uh statement that he put up afterwards, in which he says, I want to say something. If you have a speech impediment, there's nothing wrong with us. I've had this stutter since I can't remember talking. This is a part of me. This is who I am. I can I control this. I want to be a role model for those who may be scared to speak up, who may be afraid and not confident in yourself.
Speaker 2: I stand with you.
Speaker 5: He goes all the way through, and his hashtag, I think is even more importantly, which is stopped the negativity. And so you know, I wanted to talk about this briefly because I feel like the way we treat disability in this country matters and depends on the way that you look. And it stuck out to me because we were educated and chastised. Not Jermaine Jimini, excuse me not he educated us in a way, but I'm just talking about just a very generalized way that we were educated and castigated by the way that we talked about the Bathto moment with John Davidson, and educated in just such a forceful way where this young black boy got on a stage at his biggest moment, gave his heart out and yes, he stuttered, and there was lampooning on social media. He was roundly laughed at. People mocked him as I'm sure he's gotten his whole life, and there was no forceful you know, stop treating this nigga like this. There was none of that. There was none of that from our community. It kind of just kind of went fell to the wayside. It was none of that from other communities which we come out and support and then we're forced to learn about these things. And so I was proud that he stood above it. I hope he gets drafted by whatever team he wants to, but I'm a buy a Jersey. I don't know if he's gonna be great in football or not. But I'm about Jersey just because I rocked with him, because of how he'd stood up and stood strong.
Speaker 6: I was gonna ask you what happened because I saw his statement, I heard him, and I didn't even really hear.
Speaker 2: The stutter like for a lot of us Shoe Yeah.
Speaker 6: Even on our show, we'll be like, uh, you know often and we don't have speech impediments.
Speaker 3: We're just trying to collect our thoughts.
Speaker 6: He seemed very clear to me, and there's no shade to people who have, you know, a stronger stutter. I would curious to know what happened to make him issues.
Speaker 5: Well, he had a lot of individuals who decided to kind of pour venom on it. Yes, he he You can tell when you listen to people, and I've listen. I had to educate myself. I ain't gonna lite to you a little bit, uh, and I've learned a lot. So they're feeling words gap fillers that people utilize when they have a stutter. If you go back and listen to them speak again, you'll hear those kind of gap fillers that he used. But at the end of the day, he was when he walked off stage, he was proud so I was proud of him, you know, you know, it was a big moment, and I didn't like the way people treated him, but you know, it kind of is what it is right now.
Speaker 1: I think all of community he was like just picked at, like, oh you don't understand him that, you know, that kind of thing, that kind of which I have to I got to compliment the brother because I've got lots of family members, cousins and whatnot who who has real strong stutters. And what he did with his filler word was he was actually he made the mutable.
Speaker 2: I mean you could you could really hardly hear it.
Speaker 1: When the people I know with strong stutters you can hear the filler until the next full work comes through. And the reason I wouldn't have picked it up, and I didn't pick it up initially when you first shared that CLIPB, I was inteding and then I you know, I got your point that it was about a study.
Speaker 2: I was like, I didn't have no stutter through.
Speaker 1: I'm like, okay, I hear it, but this is the mildest exact format.
Speaker 2: But you know I've heard.
Speaker 1: But regardless of mild or severe, what a stupid thing to do to go off on somebody because of what clearly is not a nobody's choosing to elongate this sentence. It's the thing is a thing move onne.
Speaker 2: I know you were about to say something I don't quite.
Speaker 4: Remember, but I just think people are miserable because when I saw that clip, even with I mean, I know, I knew what the context was, but I was waiting on the stutter for so long. All I saw was this young man super proud of himself and like doing a gary thing already that is public speaking, like I just stopped sweating on stages like maybe a year ago, you know, like it's it's a muscle that everybody I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: I think I just I just be showing up places. I tell everybody. I live my life on Google calendar in by at a time, so I don't really have time to be stressed anymore. But no, like I just I was proud of him, like as an auntie, I was like, oh, this young man who is like going after his dreams and also having this conversation in this pressure fieled environment. I'm not I'm not understanding why people are choosing to exploit his what they perceive to be a weakness in this moment, and it's I think he just speaks to a larger culture online of people being miserable, of people just wanting to dog pile or feel some sort of community in the nay saying in the negativity because it makes them feel good about themselves. And I just hate that for people who are just in him his hashtags, stop the negativity, who are just trying to be positive forces on this planet when negativity is trying so hard to consume it.
Speaker 1: I feel that what my favorite part about it was when he threw to his dad like weight, like he's in a sentence, but he's like, that's my favorite dad favorite team, by the way, you know, parenthetically, just so you know, that's my dad's favorite team.
Speaker 2: And I was born here, but I was raised.
Speaker 1: Here, and there's a lot of pride in him, and I'm certain that there's great reason for him to feel the kind of pride that he does. But car is gonna wrap up our f y s A before we move into our meth topics.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. I'm like, God, this is the last.
Speaker 5: First of all, Andrew, No, no, no, we're not well, We're not gonna do Andrew's doing a great job, Andrew, and this.
Speaker 3: Is Andrew is your fault.
Speaker 2: It's all of us. But I love it. Nobody knows. Wrap it up.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna wrap it up because it's kind of a natural segue to one of our topics we're gonna talk about in the long form. But Emyuel Macaron, you heard how I rolled that c n R. That was nice, Thank you.
Speaker 7: I just.
Speaker 5: Talked about how the effect that the Iranian war is having on his nuclear start power. And my wife is a conspiracy theorist in this type of stuff gets her going.
Speaker 2: Let's listen to this.
Speaker 13: I have ordered that we increase the number of nuclear warheads on our arsenal in order to put pay to any speculation. We will no longer communicate on the figures regarding our nuclear arsenal, contrary to past practice. In order to be free, therefore, we must be feared, and in order to be feared, we have to be powerful. This increase in our arsenal reflects that approach. But in order to be powerful, and this is the second part of my intervention, we have to be united. And I am going to speak about europe decision.
Speaker 1: To powerful, you must be feared that's kind of scary, which is clearly not what he brings, right. I mean, he's basically saying Donald Trump has reset the world order, and by basically using American strength through the military going in the countries, extracting presidents, sitting presidents of sovereign nations, choosing overnight to just bomb another country kill their leaders, he's ba I mean, I didn't believe a word. I don't think he is feeling this with his whole heart. I think what he's doing is saying, America, you have reset the table. In order to now basically prevail for your for your position to prevail, you must have a strong military and a sizeable nuclear armament so that you can throw your shoulders when.
Speaker 2: You have to.
Speaker 1: Uh to basically accomplish diplomacy in the new world order that Donald Trump, I think has you know, has ushered in. But Karie, the one thing I would just what's interesting about the timing of Macroom making this announcement this week is that February fifth, twenty six, so just the other day the US in Russia nuclear disarmament agreement evaporated. It evaporated, so for the first time, there are no restrictions or controls on the amount of intercontinental nuclear weapons that can be built by the superpowers of the world, the two greatest of which from a stockpile standpoint is the United States of America and the former USS are now.
Speaker 2: Russia, who were both.
Speaker 1: Broke ground with disagreement by allotting fifteen hundred and fifty intercontinental nuclear weapons that each could hold.
Speaker 2: There were also spot checks where.
Speaker 1: You could go when you could either inventory the US or the US and reverse inventory Russia stockpot to make sure that what they're reporting was consistent with what they had, and any nuclear fossil material that was moved had to be reported through the a Nuclear Atomic Agency, International Nuclear Atomic Agency.
Speaker 2: All of that goes away now.
Speaker 1: And the point that maclron was making in a statement was, and by the way, we're not going to share data on how many nuclear warheads we build, how many we contain, or when we move them. That's a big deal, and they really out of shutter all of us that we're going in reverse.
Speaker 2: We're going in reverse.
Speaker 1: Since World War Two, we've been moving in the direction of disarmament. And because of Donald Trump nearly single handedly changing the world order, even our allies are saying, we can't be safe, right.
Speaker 5: Well, I just want you to know fifty billion dollars is being allocated to defense contractors to expedite billion with the BEE to expedite the creation of new military weapons. They're not including nuclears ever know of. And they are actually meeting at the White House this coming Friday. And so just know that this is going to be a topic of concerning your tax dollars are going to be going to building nuclear weapons, and respectfully or disrespectfully, I don't expect Pete Hesketh, Christino, Cash, Fortel, Tulca, Gabbert or Donald Trump to be able to negotiate or Marca because he, I mean, he just can't to be able to negotiate a nuclear treaty across the world.
Speaker 1: So, by the way, but car you're pointing around not negotiating. Putin said, let's extend one more year. He said this to Donald Trump. Donald Trump was excited about extending one more year to give them time to negotiate, but then decided he did not want to extend one more year. And so the news now coming out of China is that they are not going to enter any nuclear disarmament agreement until they build at least as many nuclear weapons as Russia and the United States have.
Speaker 2: That's their position.
Speaker 1: Now, why does all this matter moving into our mejor topic, Because hey, you have a good Friday night. Well, now, under Donald Trump's America and World, you wake up Saturday morning realizing that American men and women have been forced into a global war that was supposed to be between two countries and one other, Iran, Israel and the United States. But because of their short sightedness, absent planning, and any real ability to gain theory a war in today's day and age, what started as two countries combining together to go after Iran has now become Iran looping in seven I think at last count eight now individually sovereign countries into what could easily become World War three if not contained properly. I mean, I have to tell y'all went half the day not even knowing we were at war, simply because my phones. I love them in the car for the you know, on Friday night, and I didn't want to bring them the house and wasn't watching news.
Speaker 2: And then I got to them.
Speaker 1: I was like, you've got to be kidding me, You've got to be kidding me. And worse over, y'all, Americans are in these regions of the world where bombs are being dropped on civilian hotels, and while other countries are moving their citizens out of harms way. The Secretary of State of the United States and the President began yesterday, began earlier this week saying that Americans were responsible for their own safe ways out of harm's way. Other countries are chartering flights, and that was our initial response until they got enough blowback that the Secretary of State had to come out in a hurried press conference to basically say, Hey, we're going to organize and plans and get y'all out called us, let us know where you are.
Speaker 4: November is so far away, and it's not even though guarantee that's true.
Speaker 2: I don't think November. I mean. The problem is that I heard in one of the clips earlier, I.
Speaker 5: Can't remember who it was, but they said that we had six lives that were lost, four lives that were lost, excuse me, and that number six at the time of this show.
Speaker 2: Now number is going to go up drastically.
Speaker 5: Even Cromer today even said he came out today and said that you're going to have to put boots on the ground. The fact is, Iran is going to We've heard Blumenthal say it, We've heard Mark Warners say boots on the ground. The fact is, and I think one of the tasks the four of us have is being able to show people how the Iranian war affects your daily lives. And it's not just gas prices, it's the market dropping on thousand points.
Speaker 2: Yesterday.
Speaker 5: Ellen couldn't sleep night before last because one of her friends, Nicky. Shout out to Nikki, who's from Maine. She is, She's she's with my brother in law, Aaron. They have an amazing little boy king. But she got a text message from her best friend that he's going to Iran or close to it. You know, I've been working with Don Staley to we got three young ladies who played basketball for the University of South Carolina who are playing professionally in the Middle East, who you have to get home. Shout out to Tiffany Freeman who's stuck over there in the UAE, who's trying to get home with her three cats. You know, you have individuals and these are just the people that I know that they've reached out to me to try to help put them in touch because there is no plan. Right you're trying to get people to Cyprus, you're trying to get people to Egypt. You're trying to get people to where you can get away out where there's only one flight out every morning. And to to watch Mike Huckabee. I can't curse as much as I used to, but to Mike, to watch Mike Huckabee flail as much as he's been flailing, to send out, to send out a notice from the embassy in Jerusalem saying that you would have pretty much Americans are on their own while you watch Alex Berkowitz. I believe that's his last name.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I believe you know he's the one who organized the Nicki Minajas of the World, et cetera.
Speaker 2: He's the influencer coordinator.
Speaker 5: How he was stuck over there able to get a charter plane out, or how other countries Serbia is able to organize private planes out and we're stuck here trying to get Americans out. I just find it to be incompetence from the top down. And Iran is fighting a war. First of all, the Irunian regime is awful. Nobody's going to shed a tear over there over their leadership dying or being taken out. No one should, No one is. I mean, they've been oppressive for a long period of time. The Persian people are amazing people. They deserve to live under freedom. But you should walk into this with the plan. You should actually go to Congress and get you know, approval. We should know how we're going to get out. And they have done what they accused Hillary Clinton doing with embassies a thousand times over. They've done what they accused Joe bid enough when you talk about the Afghanistan withdraw a thousand times over. And this is what happens when you have your premier real estate developers run in the country.
Speaker 6: I want to toss to there's a clip of Jonathan Carl talking about Americans trying to get out of the area. So I want to I want to roll that clip, and then I want us to call the number to see what happens when people call this particular number.
Speaker 14: Right, So, Secretary of State Marco Rubio urged news organizations to put the twenty four to seven State Department emergency line out so that Americans who are stuck in the Middle East can help get help getting out of the region, register their names and not but listen to what happens when you dial the number.
Speaker 2: Please do not rely on.
Speaker 7: The US government for assisted departure or evacuation. At this time, there are currently no United States evacuation points. Please continue to check the embassy's website for updated information.
Speaker 14: So in the event, on the bottom line is if you're looking for help, you're stuck in the Middle East and you can't evacuate, there's no help yet from the United States government, you can call that number. You can go through the website, you can register your name so you might get updates later. But the number that the Secretary of State gave out, what it does for you is it tells you right now that there is no help from the United States government in getting out of the Middle East.
Speaker 6: So I wanted to play that clip, and then I want to see if the United States government has somehow found itself equipped and competent today, because that was on Tuesday, So maybe we record our program on Wednesday. Maybe within the last twenty four hours it's been resolved. Let's see what happens when you dial two zero two is the number. Two zero two five zero one four four four four.
Speaker 3: Let's call Paully.
Speaker 11: Welcome to the Department of States, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Office of Overseas Citizen Services serving US citizens abroad. If you are calling about the crisis in the Middle East, please press one. If not, press two.
Speaker 1: The US's community helping US citizens want to leave the region to do so.
Speaker 14: If you are calling for assistance with travel, please stay on the line.
Speaker 3: Okay. If you are calling.
Speaker 11: Regarding a US citizen in Israel, press one.
Speaker 2: If you are.
Speaker 11: Calling regarding a US citizen in Iran, press two. If you are calling regarding a US citizen in other countries in the Middle East, press three.
Speaker 3: Let me just hit too and see what happens. That's eran.
Speaker 2: You have reached Middle East Task Force.
Speaker 5: Please hold for the next.
Speaker 3: Available Okay, Well, at least there's progress.
Speaker 1: I'm glad updated, that is progress. I'm glad you day real time. They but you know what that should have been right yesterday. That's because I was watching when they When he came out, he asked the media, will you call please run this number now, and all the and the television network stations and the cable put it up.
Speaker 2: They put it up on the screen and.
Speaker 1: Said, Americans, wherever you are, we can Yeah, wherever you are, you're listening, please call this number now.
Speaker 2: But but again that was the American DA.
Speaker 6: Weight on whold because we don't want to clog the lines, right.
Speaker 3: Course, But but consider this, you don't know what happened to the president.
Speaker 1: The president sent us into war on Saturday. And when they were asked about the plans to help Americans get out of harm's way, that initial position of the government was that the US government was not facilitating travel for American citizens out of the danger zones. That was their initial position. Guess whose initial positions weren't that every other nation in the world, every who had no heads up that we were dropping bombs in their backyard, no heads up, But somehow they were able to prioritize getting their citizens out when our very own goddamn government, who knew they were going to drop bombs and listening to Benjaminett and Yahoo, they apparently knew for months that they planned on dropping bombs, but had no condition to get Americans safely out of harm's way.
Speaker 2: None.
Speaker 1: It was the pressure of US senators and the American people calling them basically saying.
Speaker 2: Have you lost your mind?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you? Have you? Are you crazy? You're not moving Americans out of there.
Speaker 1: So just consider that, y'all, that they never had a plan outside of dropping bombs to get you out of harm's way, right, And there's no better indication of what this administration is than that example, that unfortunate, truthful example that they never planned to get you out of harms way.
Speaker 4: Don't have And I'm running out of words, derogatory words for this administration, but just to your point, I just want to reiterate they knew for a long time that they were going to drop these bombs. The initial response that recorded line said you find your own way out of there, and they did not change it until they got backlash. Did you not expect to get backlash? Or were you like? What is the thought process there? If you were never going to care? What why does the backlash make you switch? Like if you you at least had a plan to say, no, we're not going to help you, that's at least what you had a plan to say.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you it was Republican senators telling them that they were going to get this right, and you're going to get it right right now. That's what he got the heat of them. But for Marco Rubio, there's Secretarial State who also happens to be the National Security advisor to the president, so he's carrying a million jobs, but didn't consider what it meant to keep Americans safe.
Speaker 2: I just did.
Speaker 1: What's insane about this is when I said game that they don't have a war plan, they don't have game that they can't game this out, is that we haven't had diplomatic relations with this country.
Speaker 2: And you think that you saw.
Speaker 1: Some protests erupting in the middle of the nation, a huge pushback to the Ayatola hamone that all of a sudden they were going to welcome Americans with open arms and then have the have what it takes to overthrow a well armed revolutionary guard. Guess what happened when then people walked out in the streets celebrating. The revolutionary guard had already backed up themselves threefold on the streets, and quickly those folks were ushered back into their apartments, houses, and neighborhoods.
Speaker 2: It doesn't work that way.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump and intelligence about a place would have told you that.
Speaker 4: And I never want to hear again that women are not fit to lead because their emotions run everything. This is the equivalent of an undisciplined and uncompassionate child walking into a store in touch and shit.
Speaker 3: And knocking shit over, oh blown, saying that's all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I just want to read this just real quick. The ambassador, former ambassador Algeria and Greece, name is David Pierce, and what he said was, when there's even a chance of impending military conflicts, you plan to move non essential personnel and families out. This administration did nothing of the kind. It bragged it had been planning these operations for months, and yet it made no move to provide for authorized or voluntary the departure for the military and diplomatic personnel in the region, or recommending the same for American businesses, students, and tourists until two days in two combat operations. He surmised by saying, this is a disgrace. Somebody what we're talking about, And the only reason I wanted to quote somebody is people will always say, well, what should the plan be? You know what, you guys are up here just postulating and opining what should the plan be. And that is a diplomat telling you that they he ain't do nothing about what the plan should be. And I'm glad we're here to talk about it. But I think elections have consequences.
Speaker 2: Speaking of elections with consequences, Bacary, we had elections this week.
Speaker 1: The primary season, y'all for the twenty twenty six election cycle began this week in the states of Arkansas, North Carolina.
Speaker 2: In Texas, just to name a few.
Speaker 1: And there was some I don't know, y'all, surprises, maybe some letdowns in some places, potentially some optimism and some others I'm curious to know as we observed election night and North Carolina with is it Roy Cooper who got the nomination for the depocratic nomination for the US Senate? Obviously, I'm actually I wasn't pulling for anybody in Arkansas, Bacary, Yester year, neighbor.
Speaker 2: I don't know if if.
Speaker 5: No Arkansas, Arkansas, Arkansas had a let me just say history was made in Arkansas. And I know we don't look at Little Rock and those type of things often. But Bobby Forrest, who looks like his name is Bobby Farrest, Bobby Farrest man, Bobby.
Speaker 2: Bobby came in with the braves and everything else. I robbed with Bobby Farrest.
Speaker 5: But he won against an incumbent as the prosecuting attorney for the county for the county, and he beat and battled incumbent Will Jones for the district attorney in Pulaski County. He took fifty three percent of the sixty thousand votes passed. For people that want to know what that is, that's Little Rock. Yeah, and so that's that is history being made in Little Rock, Arkansas. Shout out to Frank Scott. They shout out to Bobby for winning that race.
Speaker 2: Who cares about truth.
Speaker 1: In the last morning, well some more history was made in in UH in the state of Texas, as in a very last minute effort, chaos broke out and one of the home districts of one of the leading candidates for the Democratic nomination for the United States Senate.
Speaker 2: Of course, that's none other than.
Speaker 3: Rockett.
Speaker 1: I'm like our congressman, women, I like, I'm claiming her as my congresswoman, but she's Texas's UH.
Speaker 2: And Dallas is her home district.
Speaker 1: Jasmine Crockett a very capable and unapologetic leader within the party, but just a leader and a good person period. Was against represented tall Rico, state state Representative tul Rico there in in in Texas. And apparently, and I don't know if y'all were able to follow this on election night, but but the normal order of events and the state of Texas during primaries and Florida's not like this, so I wasn't really familiar with this structure, but that basically the parties can agree that basically any voter Republican or Democrat can go to a supersite rather than to their neighborhood polling precinct and cast a vote consistent with what their respective precinct ballots would have looked like. And a last ditch effort, Republicans decided that they were not going to consent to the super sites, as had been the customary practice for I heard people interview say, for as long as they can remember being right, so this is what they've done for as long as they can remember voting.
Speaker 2: And in this.
Speaker 1: Particular race, a race where all of the legislative seats in congressional seats in the United States or in this case, Texas's.
Speaker 2: Congressional delegation all those seats were up in all of them.
Speaker 1: Many of them, particularly in black communities, have been redistricted, which means people have for different people, likely.
Speaker 2: Than they voted the last time.
Speaker 1: And Angela correct me from home, but the Secretary of State decided that they were not going to update the state's website that gives people the information on where it is that they can go and vote. It just shook me as very strange to come so late into the voting process and into the counting process that this whole thing erupted with Kim Paxton, a candidate for the US Senate on the Republican side, out of last minute effort weighing in to basically eliminate the cushion of additional hours that Democrats were given to go and vote because of this chaos that they created.
Speaker 6: A court order suggested that the post they opened longer because of all of the chaos, people being told to go to one precinct only to be redirected to another. And Kim Paxton, obviously as a direct conflict of interest being on the ballot, but the Supreme Court cited with Kim Paxton throwing things into full disarray. There's a statement that was put out by Jasmine Crockett. Christopher Boozy tweeted he said, the voter suppression happening in Dallas County, I believe we have that statement. The voter suppression happening in Dallas County is a barrant. The Crockett campaign has put out a statement, and I have yet to see a statement from Tylerico denouncing what we are witnessing.
Speaker 3: His silence speaks volumes.
Speaker 6: Included here was Jasmin Crockett statement that talks about the ways in which the GOP was kind of playing and I think that folks saw this a ays oh see, Democrats are now saying that we do need to save Act. No, we don't, but what we do need is for racism to die in the South and everywhere else. I also wanted to flag a couple of things about this race, and then I'll just yield the floor to everybody else to weigh in. There was a post put up by Ruters and Routers posts on x Let's pull that says Republican Jasmine Crockett said confusion during the dow was primary led to voter disenfranchisement, with polls initially extended by court order but later limited by the Supreme Court as we were just discussing. What's interesting to me here is Ruters getting Jasmin Crocketts.
Speaker 3: This is Ruters.
Speaker 6: This isn't like random Joe blow blog posted Republican Jasmin Crockett. Jasmincrockett is obviously running in the Democratic was running in the Democratic primary. The next thing I wanted to pull is this, because I think this is where we are now. Before the race was even called last night, y'all, there were people who were James Talerico supporters urging everyone to get behind James Tolerco. The Progressive chair in Congress said you know, he was a generational leader and it's time to get behind him. But this particular tweet stood out to me because Dan Green says, again before the races even called for James Tolerco, quote mark my words. If James Tolerico does the unthinkable and somehow flips Texas blue again, he went out the primary. Yet, y'all, he will be a leading contender for the Democratic nomination for president in twenty twenty eight. Why am I bringing this up? I don't know about y'all. Bacari and Andrew y'all have won statewide. Andrew I ran, I ran.
Speaker 3: Yes, So let me cook, my g let me cook.
Speaker 6: Yes, you won state wide in a primary, you ran state wide and in general Andrew as I was getting ready to say, you were the closest contender to a Democratic governor that Florida's had in a.
Speaker 3: Long, long, long, long long time.
Speaker 6: And I'm just saying this because I'm triggered watching this. I can't imagine how you all are feeling, knowing how black people have to show up to even be considered qualified to run statewide.
Speaker 3: So I just was very triggered last night.
Speaker 6: There were a lot of people saying a lot of mean things about Jasmine. You know, people going back into I'm not even gonna name the commentator saying where's the ghetto speak now? The racism, the things they said about her. There are fair critiques to be raised about Jasmine's operation, a Jasmine's strategy on whether or not that would advance her to a general election or not. Fine, but the ad hominem attacks the way that she speaks, the way that she dresses, the way that she wears her hair, the policies that she implements. Whether or not it is fair to say that there is a tremendous amount of light between her position and James Talerco's position on Israel. All of that, to me, policy conversations are fair, but the way in which they are held and the way in which they lie about Jasmine's policy positions, it's.
Speaker 3: A whole other thing. It's a whole other thing.
Speaker 6: I really would love I want to hear from all of you, But I thought of you all immediately because I was so triggered. I was like, I can't imagine how the guys feel about this.
Speaker 3: This is nuts. And well that was actually name checked and brought into the conversation.
Speaker 6: I know we're going to focus on more of that in our mini pot but this room for all of y'all at this table.
Speaker 2: I.
Speaker 5: That that that tweet didn't bother me because there, I think that the question is still outstanding of whether or not James Tillarica is a generational talent or he's Beto oroor and that question.
Speaker 3: Or not even Beto.
Speaker 2: I mean that could be that, that could be the answer. That could be it as well.
Speaker 5: I mean I also think that Texas is and always has been Fool's goal, and I think that this falls into that same category and instead of spending money in Ohio, where we actually have a better chance of winning. With shared uh, we are going to spend hundreds of millions of dollars in Texas, and we would have done that with or without. I think that everything Angela said should be stamped as valid and one hundred percent true. In the way that Jasmine ran her race, in the way that she was criticized unfairly, and the hoops that black women in particular and black folk have to run through statewide, I also think there needs to be space to say, as a very critical and I'm glad I'm able to say this today, she ran a very shitty campaign in comparison, and when we talk about the mechanics of what a campaign, mechanics of what a campaign should look like, and what I mean by is what happened last night, if you look at the numbers, is the same thing. And I don't mean messaging, I don't mean who she is. I mean I ran a shitty campaign for lieutenant governor of things I should have done differently. But I do believe that she got beat by extremely large margins in very small counties, extremely large margins in very small counties. She can her election day vote with early voting one of the things. And I don't really know what happened, which is the norm for Democrats now, which is the norm for Democrats, but which means Andrew that I'm not sure how the whole thing about who runs that. I saw that kind of blurriness on the on social media. Who runs, who's running this time, who's running that time? I didn't necessarily understand all of that. Who got a chance to There was a conversation about James running for this and Jasmine running for this, and we were going to run for this.
Speaker 2: But that means you have to create a new voter base.
Speaker 5: That means that you have to spend the energy party structure, infrastructure, campaign structure to register new voters in places where otherwise you offset that cannibalization. And what happened, what we saw last night is that the voter suppression is real, right, the voter intimidation is real, the racism is real.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But also but also she lost by five points, so.
Speaker 3: He clears million vote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he cleared a million votes.
Speaker 5: So we're not talking about we're not talking We have to have space for this. In my opinion, we have to have space for the fact that the voter suppression and the racism is real. We have to have conversations legitimately about campaign tactics and the way that we tramp, that way that we train campaign strategists, the way that we campaign, the way that we train our campaigns, the way that we change our campaigns.
Speaker 2: We have to have space for all of that. And we have to have space to be able to.
Speaker 5: Call out the things that Jasmine went through that others would not have to. So I think that there has to be space for all three of those. And I know people are going to be in the comments and say, well, you called her campaign shitty, you not for black women. I'm like, well, that's not the case at all. If Jazz was here, I want to get a big hug. I do want to let me just put a pin on a real sick All I want to say is.
Speaker 3: Ask you to go backwards, right, But I just wanted you to.
Speaker 4: I'm not as someone who has never ran for anything, I just could you be a little bit more clear about what made her campaign shitty?
Speaker 5: Like so, I think I don't even know, if I don't even think, I don't even think, it probably has more to do with the infrastructure that's in place in Texas that is replicated at a lot of places, say for maybe Florida and certainly Georgia. And what Stacy Abrams did for Georgia has people a little bit misconscrewed about the way that this thing actually works, because Stacey spent tens of millions of dollars going on not a precinct level, but a sub precinct level in Georgia, in these counties that black folk and Democrats had never gone to, registering voters, building precinct chairs, getting them mobilized and activated. That way, when a candidate came along, whether or not it's ass Off or Warnock or whomever it is, they were able to build on the infrastructure that was in place.
Speaker 2: And so my criticism of jazzmine.
Speaker 1: Barack Obama did the same thing, except he had to fast forward it because the.
Speaker 2: Correct he did it and then and then he kind of destroyed it later.
Speaker 5: But that's a who whole other Yes, but that's.
Speaker 2: A whole other But that's a whole other thing. But but my point is, theory is still the same. The theory is.
Speaker 5: Still the same, and so what Barack Obama did to Andrew's point. What Stacey did, to my point is that she built a whole new voter block. She educated those voters, She gave them the tools necessary to mobilize their own environments. And because Jasmine is the last one to run, I attribute that to her campaign. Now, Jasmine may tell you differently that this is a function of the Texas Democratic Party of.
Speaker 2: Course, of course, and it may be both or maybe one of the other. I don't know that. It's definitely why parties exist. That's why parties exist, but I will tell you that. But candidates and outside entities have done that before. Is my only point. And that's a lot to ask.
Speaker 5: And that's why I also prefaced in my camp and my rant that I don't know what went into who's running for what, how we're going to do this, because I see that kind of percolating. But I think that, like, I love Jasmine and I just really want to have a conversation with people that take emotions out of everything, and like, how do we campaign better?
Speaker 2: Is my only point of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way, you don't have to annotate every coming with how you love her, because I think we're a tour and we should be able.
Speaker 2: To say for sure, and that's funny to understand. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think we should be able to call a thing a thing.
Speaker 1: The truth is is that that kind of infrastructure level building is what parties exist for now. If Texas is anything like Florida, I know that struggle very well, that that isn't what parties have been able to afford and off cycles. And so when candidates come in to six like hours, and I would say Texas is similar, you have to be prepared to not just run your own campaign, but you've got to build your own voters on the way to running your own campaign. And given the point at which she decided to enter this race, it could have been a far gone conclusion that she was not going to have the time or resources necessary to build the back end infrastructure that would allow her to emerge.
Speaker 2: The ultimate winner in the race.
Speaker 1: Tylerico didn't necessarily need that because the default registration my guess is amongst white, amongst the Texas Democrats is that.
Speaker 2: They probably got a lot of liberal whites.
Speaker 1: There are is a is a good strong black and probably black female constituency, and then they have the Latinos in South Texas and along the border that was very, very very helpful to him, And looking at the map, I know what it feels like to not have that help as a black candidate in Florida, seeing the numbers flee from me and the Hispanic vote the way that I saw that showed up for Hillary Clinton. But we're not there two years later and in my race, and we gotta we gotta get to that at some point, and we may not be the ones. We may need to bring folks of the community in to talk about what happened there. Because after the race, I sat down in Orlando with a ground table of Latino leaders and the stuff that they were telling me, that was being said about me on the the WhatsApp channels and all this kind of stuff. I mean, I was like, I was worried about racism with white folks. I didn't know what had to be had to be dealt with here in that way, and I don't want to. I don't want to cast a total and complete expersion here.
Speaker 2: We have won the majority of Latinos, there's no doubt.
Speaker 1: But but but there are real hurdles for black folks competing for the Democratic Latino vote in UH in places like Florida and Texas.
Speaker 2: I will say this, I think that she.
Speaker 1: Of course as a talent, but the party was faced with the choice, and I think she I think the choices will stark.
Speaker 2: It is her theory of change was. The way we are going to win.
Speaker 1: Texas is we have to deepen into our net true constituency and give those voters who have chosen that not to show up and show out because they had no reason to that. The numbers are there, but they were not simple. They simply have not been motivated to get out there and vote for a candidate because nobody has inspired them to believe that when you send me there, I'm there for you.
Speaker 2: I'm your person. When you send me, you sending us.
Speaker 1: She felt like she had the ability to motivate and inspire the base of the Democratic Party to show up in numbers that are that are are impressive enough to win that state in a state wide election, assuming that Republicans would be disaffected enough not to vote for the Democrat, but not to vote at all, not to vote at all. And by the way, I ran on the same thing in the Democratic primary in.
Speaker 2: Florida, and you will make a church away from winning. I'm talking about the primary. Oh, I'm talking about the primary because you've got to People.
Speaker 1: Always say, oh, well, if she wins a primary, she not going to be able to No, no, no, let me tell you this.
Speaker 2: You've got a win. In order to win the general. You gotta win the primary first. And if you can't win a primary, I don't trust you to win a general. So so that was her theory of change.
Speaker 1: His theory of change was, we are a loving and open enough party.
Speaker 2: Forget the party.
Speaker 1: We're an open and enough people that we've got room for Republicans, Independents, Democrats, no party of feelings, whoever you are.
Speaker 2: Let's unite under this banner of love.
Speaker 1: And his theory is that there will be enough Republicans that he will be able to convert to vote for him. That will make up for the absence of a motivated Democratic core base. And I would say that is black voters. So for what they won't show up for him? If they assuming they I hope they do. But but if his calculus, their math was if I can't inspire them at the same level as she can, I will make up the difference by getting Republicans to vote for me and my Christian neo Christian.
Speaker 6: Tired logic using to lose race after race. Linda, you have now waited in here some of you.
Speaker 3: No, that's fine.
Speaker 4: I My comment is actually going to be about James because his his outward whatever he campaigned on. I don't trust him as far as I can throw him because of what he allowed his campaign to do to Jasmine. Like, I feel like people often give these outward messages of togetherness and all these things, But what your camp in a primary? What your camp, what's your party? What your camp is willing to do to another candidate if it's steeped in racism. It's still Unfortunately, the people of Texas don't have an option. They have to choose him in this race against a Republican because that's what we want at the end of the day. But it still feels like we're still having to choose a lesser of two evils or whatever, because we watched to perpetuate this this thing against this black woman and shitty campaign. Though it may have been given whatever reason or the next, they still did it to her. They still allowed all these things to work in their face for him to win.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm just I'm sorry I'm Tallerrico because I didn't know him. I didn't be from.
Speaker 3: Tom Adams castin be twenty eight nominee.
Speaker 1: The reason why, and I'm highly suspicious of candidate's period. I'm highly substicious of politicians spirit because I've been there in that, and I've there are spaces I won't even don't even want to go in anymore, because you feel seed, you know, once you walk.
Speaker 2: Into the room.
Speaker 1: I have been optimistically skeptical, but there are things that have gotten the way of it which were one the the the gumption you must feel as a young white man to refer to a black man as a mediocre candidate for Congress, right, So to let that cross your lips in this day and age, given your profile, I was wondering what was going on. Number two, to the same point you made the kind of tack in the way in which she was skewed in a paid advertising way by the opposition. And then third, I got to say on election night when Jasmine, within moments of learning about the Supreme Court's stay on the Court's decision, got out in front of the cameras and she didn't blame him, She didn't talk about a conspiracy these She said, this is what Republicans do, right, So she kept the thing the thing, the target.
Speaker 2: The target was the opposing party.
Speaker 1: I thought to myself, if this man has a brain, and if he's got people who are smart advisors around him, they would be telling him right now. You have the opportunity, given where we sit right now, to be magnanimous. You should go out in front of the camera and say, while I would love tonight for one of us to be able to declare victory, no one within our party can declare victory until every single vote legally cast is counted.
Speaker 6: He's said that he didn't, but this is the test.
Speaker 1: This is the test when you were less certain about how South Texas numbers were.
Speaker 2: Going to roll in, when you didn't know what that was going to look like.
Speaker 1: As a Democrat, and given what your propaganda, what your message has been, you have to believe at the beginning and the end of the day, every goddamn vote must count, especially in the Democratic primary against Jasmine Crockett. You gotta say that. And the fact that it came at the end of the night, after he begged his supporters not to leave the room because he was coming out one way or another, and that one way or another meant to me that they were hedging.
Speaker 2: They were hedging on how far he could go with his statements.
Speaker 1: So his statement was he said what I what the with the big picture is, which is kind of a vote, But it was the most benign way in which a thing can be said. And all I'm saying is given what his posture was when when when the news came out, he could have gained signficantly, I think with the Black community had in that moment he come out and say this thing, this thing matters, and I wish I could declare victory or one of us could, but not tonight, not until every vote is counted.
Speaker 5: Well, I was going to say three things, but I was going to try to end on a lighter note. But go ahead, Angela, because I was, well, I might as.
Speaker 6: Gonna be complimentary too, because what I don't want our your sister to hear from the show is just critique, especially in your hardest moment, like you know, when Andrew ran, I feel like there were days where I took it harder than him because because right now I still don't understand, but I want to be very clear as of right now, when ninety seven percent of votes counted, Jasmine garnered one million, sixty seven and thirty eight votes. That is a formidable Yeah, you know, a formidable I just let me make my point. That's a formidable candidate. If Jasmine were running outside of Texas, Jasmine's ass will.
Speaker 3: Be senator of a lot of other different places.
Speaker 6: And I think the thing that this moment requires of us is not to start pointing blame. Yes, again, there are things that we in our lives as human beings, can do different.
Speaker 3: There are things that we can do different in our places.
Speaker 6: Of work, from when she announced to where she got.
Speaker 3: That is to be commended.
Speaker 6: What Jasmine has done in the House of Representatives, to be courageous, to have to stand up in the face of a fascist, even getting fit for a bullet proof vest. Jasmine is to be commended. For every little black girl, little black boy, little Asian child, little white child that she has inspired in all of the elders.
Speaker 3: That is to be commended. I don't want that lost upon us.
Speaker 6: Yes, we can do post mortem, Yes we can figure out what needs to be done better. But I don't want to see her just go and become a private citizen.
Speaker 3: Sister. I know that's where you leaning, but you are an.
Speaker 6: Important voice in public service, and I just hope that you use this to continue to push forward. I would love to see her, as you said, McCary, start to build the type of ground game that Stacey did in tandem with some other black organizations like New Georgia Project and.
Speaker 3: Black Voters Matter as well.
Speaker 6: I would love to see and I'm not saying that that those apparatus do not exist in Texas. I would like to see them strengthen. I would like to see that happen in Arkansas. I want to see it in Mississippi. I want to see it in Louisiana. I want to see it all throughout the South, South Carolina, North Carolina to continue to grow, because while we're building that, they are shutting down precincts on our kids' campuses.
Speaker 3: So we have to we have to be clear about that as well.
Speaker 6: If Jasmine was not up against white people saying well, we need to vote for the electable candidate, if she were not up against polling precincts being said, being told they're going to stay open un till nine and instead they close back at seven because y'all. We're sending people all types confusion and they couldn't even figure out where they could go to vote on the Secretary of State's website. We have to be clear that in spite of all of that, she came to into a very close second numerically, maybe not percentage wise.
Speaker 4: I think it's that she should give Yeah, I saw the number two.
Speaker 7: Yeah I was.
Speaker 4: That's one hundred and forty thousand candidates, and just to sum it all up here, we see once again, yeah, I'm sorry, votes. Once again, we are very close to We're showing that we could literally win if we didn't have all these impediments.
Speaker 1: But that's all that's I apologize because I was. I took it as default, and I shouldn't because as as a candidate, by.
Speaker 2: Having run myself that.
Speaker 1: Jasmine was not only eminently qualified for the post that she was seeking, she got out there every single day since she has arrived in Congress fighting, I'm telling you, every single day, not just for her district, not just for her state, she has fought for the nation and on FO. Fortunately, we still live in a society, and this society there's no party affiliation to to cure anybody from the symptoms of this that white supremacy is real.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know, Tyler. I wish him well.
Speaker 1: I also wish him deepening into.
Speaker 3: He needs another seniors well.
Speaker 1: His philosophy and his and his actions have to meet what you say must meet.
Speaker 2: Uh. Those two. But the other thing is is that.
Speaker 1: If there is sadness by people in Texas for having lost your fighter, champion member of Congress who was was was all the way down to do what was ever, whatever was required obviously helped to prop her up on her leaning side, and we would be here to do it and any day of the But Jasmine isn't done, and so she can't be put out to pasture. She needs to now be shrouded in the encouragement, embrace bosom of the community and not just black folks, but the community of Texas that she has gone out there and sacrificed and fought for and it still is fighting for in this moment, to let her know not just speak things into her, but to sow them into her. If a consultancy and a job and this and a stretit was necessary to hold her over until her heart can become clear.
Speaker 2: About what she wants to do. Then you do that.
Speaker 1: Thing, because I'm sick of the usury. This is why I've been so obstinate about.
Speaker 2: Okay, Andrew, you need to get back into the da da.
Speaker 1: I have a thing on my shoulder because now it is you again.
Speaker 2: You want me to be in service too. And when I needed and couldn't.
Speaker 1: Even form the words to express my need, it was me and the wall, yeah, and the breathing, living bodies in the confines of my home. So I can imagine that one of the thoughts that she is speaking to herself is I am only useful when I am in service to you, my God. And what she should know is she is useful every day of the week, in and out the week in twenty four seven seven day whatever.
Speaker 2: She's such a gift. I know God is going to continue to move in a mighty way.
Speaker 1: And it may not be clear today, but the clouds will clear and it will become.
Speaker 2: Obvious and irresistible what the thing is.
Speaker 1: But if nothing else, y'all stop using putting us down as tools to be used for an assignment of your choosing. And then when when my ambition makes itself manifest, you have counted me out before I've begun, because that isn't the way in which you thought this tool supposed to be used. And that is my biggest peeve about the race, is that people decided the boxes she was supposed to fit in, and when she decided that there were no borders around her gifts is when they had to kick in and remind her that those there are borders. There are levels to this, and there are conditions that must be met before such and such and such, or quite frankly, that isn't what we see for you. This is the thing that you were really good at, and I just wish you would have gone back to do that thing.
Speaker 6: I'm glad Line has a whole video of breaking down the massagyn Or and this race, because I want to talk about that and whether or not we think Barack Obama called Jasmine and tell her good job based on his fervent support for James Tollerico.
Speaker 3: But I digress, b I think you were going to take us all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we're now at the point of the point.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, call action. I can lean into that. I think that what.
Speaker 5: People outside of the body politics realizes that the ceiling that's placed to plum black folk is that glass ceiling is a lot thicker and harder than people imagine. And you know I ran in fourteen Andrew what you were? You eighteen eighteen? Stacey was eighteen. There was a young man Tyson, you represent their state down in Louisiana throughout the South. And Jasmine Crockett is another name that chipped away at the glass. And I think Jasmine will know it, needs to know and feel that the the person who finally shatters that glass, it'll be because of people like Jasmine Crockett and Andrew Gillam and Stacy Abrams and the many others who put themselves out there.
Speaker 2: That's first.
Speaker 5: And my last point about what we saw yesterday is that to bring a little joy to your hearts. There were four black Republican congressmen. Wesley Burgess I believe was one of their names. Up, I just gave him a name, you tying Donald's John James, Wesley Hunt and Burgess. Byron Donalds is now reverend for governor of Florida. James is leaving a run for governor of Michigan. Wesley Hunt the little ball head no offense. Andrew Guy lost his bid for the Senate in Texas and now we.
Speaker 6: Just have came in a distant third place, beca sneeze on a million votes.
Speaker 5: So right now, right now, you're just down the one I will say, my call to action is is a lot, like Jasmine Crockett, be the very best, particularly black folk. I know we have to be exceptional, but the young people listening, go out and be the very best that you can be. She exhibited that throughout her career. Jasmin Crockett puts me in the mind state of woman that I've been thinking about a lot over the past two weeks that I got the chance to know named Cheryl Mills. Oh yeah, who is the none other than the general counsel been the best friend and confidant and lawyer for the Clintons. And many people just actually found out who she was or that she existed this week as she was shepherding Bill and Hillary through there through their testimony. But Jasmine reminds me of missus Bill's a lot, and that they are really really exceptional. They take no shit, and they really really get at their jobs. And so if I can be a lawyer, I don't mind people saying that. Butcary, you remind me of Miss Sheryl. I think that would be that would be a hell of a compliment. So, young people, call to action, be extraordinary, be the best you can be, and even in your losses sometimes you know, those things turn out to be blessings.
Speaker 6: I would like to say, yeah, I guess it's the call to action. I would like to say my call to action is responding to this James Tolerico text.
Speaker 3: I just received. It's James Tolerico.
Speaker 6: Our movement one, but flipping this seat will take everything we have. Please become a Day one donor. How did you get my number? Have your campaign apologize jazzmin first, and then let's talk be well.
Speaker 1: Off.
Speaker 3: That's my call to action.
Speaker 6: Tell them to hold themselves accountable. I believe in mutual accountability, y'all on this podcast where regularly my anxiety shows up and most times my dear brothers are like, calm down, will be fine. But ninety minutes into this podcast, my anxiety is right, but I.
Speaker 3: Still will be mutually accountable. I love y'all.
Speaker 2: I love you. Back the BVVVVV outcast.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm actually sick of being exceptional, but that's a temporary feeling. I just say that because I'm sick of being exceptional in spaces that are going to try to check track my exceptionality at the very last minute once they figure it out, try to put something in front of me to prevent me from succeeding. So with that said, I just challenge everybody to check on your neighbors and to be better neighbors. I'm gonna say it every time I get any sort of platform. We gotta knock on each other's doors before fascism does we think about it. Canvassing is something that politicians do just when they're trying to get you to vote for them, But we need to be canvassing our own neighborhoods. And I feel like things like that make for a stronger case when the Stacey's come into our neighborhoods when I don't know who Obama had gone in folks neighborhoods. But like when we're trying to build a stronger voting block, it's not about party, it is about our issues. And I've been sort of organizing to myself, I should do better about like working with people and sharing my ideas. But the moment I get some pushback, that I already expected. I'm like, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like we it has.
Speaker 4: To come from us, Like the change we see has to come from the bottom of the government is supposed to be empowered by the people, regardless, and we just have to.
Speaker 2: Take that power back.
Speaker 1: Hey man, not to mention, they don't let nobody plan for them. They plan for themselves. And we got to do the same damn thing. I the Texas race and what transpired at the very last minute was yet another inventive form of voter disenfranchisement and suppression, and voters, we have to get ready with a vote plan to anticipate the many, many, many ways that may be contrived of to get in our way of voting. Something as simple as not having an updated website so you can find where it is that you go vote, shutting down well, by the way, the demand being so great to find where they go vote that it shuts the website down, both at the state and at the county level. And you're telling me you got to pull teeth to get us out to vote. You have people craving information on how to get to the right place to cast the ballot and time so that it could be counted. Why do I say it because I think it was partially a dry run, and places like Texas and Florida, wherever it is that you live, just get on guard about how it is you are going to persist to make sure that we get out, get.
Speaker 2: Our votes cast legally, and get them counted.
Speaker 1: Because it's clear to me that these folks, you know how Bacary prosecutors, when they look they they they they see everything through the criminal mind, Like if my intention was to do this, but they only see what you did through the criminal mind. Well, Republicans under Trump have a sinister mind, and when you're you put on the sinister mind around how it is you're gonna achieve this thing which is keeping us from voting. I mean, God knows the myriad ways you can come up with how you're gonna keep us from doing it.
Speaker 2: So I'm just saying, this can't.
Speaker 1: Be a roll out of bed, go invote election day kind of situation. We have to make a plan, we have to execute, and we have to start now because the inventiveness of the of their of their maniacal and cruel plans require them erecting barriers for us voting in order for it to succeed.
Speaker 2: Make a plan.
Speaker 3: Welcome home, y'all.
Speaker 2: Y'all, Welcome home.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure there's some other things I'm supposed to say at the end of the show, but I don't have it right now.
Speaker 2: So welcome home. Follow us. You need to discover our socials. Follow us on all of our socials.
Speaker 1: Be sure to subscribe to Native Lampard if you haven't already. Also make sure that you download those episodes, get them, get them rooted in there coming to you and all of us, including Lenae even though she she got.
Speaker 2: Her statue behind her so she won her thing.
Speaker 1: We want to thank you all, each and every one of our listeners, supporters, subscribers, faum A home team who went out and voted for us in the NAACP Image Awards. Don Lemon bought a home category this year and you know what, in truth, he's had a hell of a year.
Speaker 2: We have a statue and congratulations on it.
Speaker 1: But thank you all for for for taking the time to go out lift us in your vote and congratulations Don Lemon on your victory. Be sure to subscribe to all of the other shows on the Regent Choice Media platform.
Speaker 2: We are Andrew gillim Angelo.
Speaker 1: Rob Erccari sellers, the vvvvvv b IPNAACP twenty twenty six winner, the Nava.
Speaker 2: Vani Lord vanie Sha y'all wachia.
Speaker 6: There Twitter, forty three days until midterm elections.
Speaker 3: Thank you this mini pot.
Speaker 15: Welcome home to the Native landing on the podcast face that's a for greatness. Sixty minutes or so hit not too long for the grave shit, high level combo politics in a way that you could taste it then digest it. Politics touches you even if you don't touch it.
Speaker 12: So get invested.
Speaker 15: Across the t's and doctor I kill them, got them ass sellers staying on business or why you could have.
Speaker 2: Been anywhere but too Trust us.
Speaker 15: Native Lampard is the brand that you could trust.
Speaker 1: Negative Lampard is a production of iHeartRadio in partnership with Reason Choice Media. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.