Speaker 1: Wake up call at camp is a lot like home, too loud and too early. The only difference is the Sandy Pass in the ocean view. If only we didn't have so much class time. It still feels so strange here. So do you know when we figure out these so called scuba points? All they said at the end of the bonfire bash was that we earn points for scuba diving.
Speaker 2: Your guess is as good as mine. But if it has anything to do with how well we do in class, my odds aren't too great.
Speaker 1: Well, at least you've been in the classroom more than me. I spend most of my time learning at the kitchen table.
Speaker 2: Wait, you don't go to school. You're really so smart? You don't go to school anymore?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I'm homeschooled.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, I was gonna say, but homeschooled for real? Yep, you're so lucky.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be so quick to say that. Some pros, some coms.
Speaker 2: Don't you get to wake up whenever you want and stay in your pjs all day? Don't you get to eat snacks and take extra days off?
Speaker 1: Not necessarily, but sometimes I get extra time to do what I love or eat snacks.
Speaker 2: And that sounds pretty lucky to me. Come on, though, we've got a classroom to find three hours of marine biology. It should be fun.
Speaker 1: If you're wondering what it's like to learn about marine biology, even after three hours in class, I couldn't tell you. Professor Hayes sure seems to believe he's qualified. He looks like a scientist, with his disheveled hair, funky glasses, dress, clothes from what looked like the nineteen eighties, and an old briefcase with papers falling out all over his dea. But for some reason, all he talked about was one excavation project near the coast by our camp. Some guy named Mark Wilde Ramsing found the actual remains of the Queen Anne's Revenge Blackbeard ship. I guess they found all kinds of artifacts, but no gold or treasure.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 1: I spent the entire class quietly taking notes and somehow earned myself twenty scuba points, enough for an afternoon of diving. And then some organ on the other hand, spent the whole class doodling in her notebook, and even she earned herself twelve points. Whatever their system is, I don't get it.
Speaker 3: At all. By noon, I was.
Speaker 1: Starving and the cafeteria sounded even better than going home, which says a lot.
Speaker 3: If you ask me, beans, get you beans. That's good.
Speaker 2: Just when I thought school lunches couldn't look much worse, this camp food up and surprises me. Good thing. I pack snacks.
Speaker 3: Maybe dinner will be better.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 2: But on another note, what did you think of this Professor Hayes? Wait till you see my drawing of him.
Speaker 1: He was something seems quirky enough to be a science genius, but I can't say he taught much about marine biology?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: What was all that about the Revenge? Did he call it? I can't believe he spent that whole class period talking about one shipwreck.
Speaker 4: Attention, attention, campers. It has come to my attention that our camp is being recognized for its part in the excavation of the Queen Anne's Revenge. Not only have our campers discovered some essential artifacts while on scuba excursions, we are being entered in the running for recognition in the museum just ten miles from here. We need everyone to stay vigilanting and bringing in any and all questionable findings to our attention. We can win this if we band together.
Speaker 2: They sure are passionate about these artifacts, aren't they.
Speaker 1: I guess you could say that I was thinking more they're passionate about finding something specific.
Speaker 5: M And I add that you all stayed vigilant with checking the scuba schedule. I have posted schedules for this afternoon and tomorrow on the back of the wall over there. I've also posted them outside my office. Be sure to not miss this opportunity. Groups are plan to meet ten minutes before their sign time.
Speaker 3: Morgan, Yeah, do you think we need to bring anything with us?
Speaker 2: Well, even if we were supposed to, I literally have nothing that could possibly help me in water.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: True, I just wish we weren't a sign the first time slot. It's sure it would have been nice to stand back and watch first.
Speaker 2: That would have been nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I guess we should get going. Doesn't seem like Professor Hayes wants anyone to be lad.
Speaker 2: Seems a bit too uptight about it all if you ask me.
Speaker 5: All right, y'all are my elite group? Science must be your forte that are swimming anyways, great job on earning those scuba points. Now, I just need to take a quick roll call, and we'll be on our way to an ocean of discoveries. Let's see here, Avery here, Morgan here, Jack not here, Very funny Jack, Jack, And now we know who's the class cloud of the bunch. Just remember, while scuba diving, there is not room for error. One laugh could very well be your last.
Speaker 2: I guess we know who we'll be saving y'all.
Speaker 3: There right, I've got enough to worry about now.
Speaker 5: I'm guessing you all have passed a proficiency test in swimming, as that was one of the requirements to come to camp.
Speaker 3: News to me, shuah, good thing. I just happened to be on the swim team. Wait me too, awesome.
Speaker 1: I don't need too many swimmers, let alone swimmers on a team, Sam.
Speaker 5: So we will not waste any time. Rabbi Garon. Let's load up the boat. Avery, Morgan, you can get those masking first aid bags. Jack, you're with me. We got five oxygen tanks to carrying to the boat.
Speaker 1: Scuba diving doesn't seem easy, but then again, can't be that hard. I'm used to swimming as fast as I can and holding my breath. Morgan and Jack sure seem less nervous though only I was more used to sinking down in the water.
Speaker 3: I'm so used to racing on the top.
Speaker 5: Okay, grow after our initial dive, we will be focused on the search. All good scuba divers have a purpose in ours is to keep a good lookout for anything out of the ordinary down below the surface. Anything strange, anything that catches your eye gets directly reported to me. If it's good, it's just might enter of the running for mister Thatcher's iron diver reward.
Speaker 2: Awesome. Seems kind of early to be focusing on anything other than staying alive.
Speaker 5: Just remember watch your O two and keeping on your surrounding. A hold on, kids, Hold on, holy mackerel. Is everyone okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're good good.
Speaker 5: But it doesn't seem like your boat here is, thank you, captain obvious. Well, we seem to have hit some kind of rocky island out here. We're gonna have to figure out how to get ourselves up on out of here. Humm jack, grab that paddle over there, got it here, Avery, I give the motors and gas, Try and use this power to push off from the bow.
Speaker 3: Okay, but what's the bowl the front?
Speaker 5: Get up there on top and get ready Morgan, Jack wait for my directions.
Speaker 3: Just great.
Speaker 1: This guy goes and gets us stuck out here in the middle of the ocean on the first day.
Speaker 3: And how am I supposed to know what the bow is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been swimming my whole life, but that doesn't make me a boater. I wonder what Morgan and Jack are thinking. I bet they're not as freaked out as I am. Though, deep breath savory just don't fall off