Speaker 1: It's staff story time. One more thing.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and getty.
Speaker 1: One more thing his staff demeaning term. After I said it, I thought, is that demeaning now, Michael Katie, nobody's offended by stato. I'm glad to hear that first Katie's story. You mentioned on the radio show you you did a Bang bang for the first time. I learned that first from the Louis c k TV show. I'd never heard of it in my life. He's got one episode where Louis c k is fat and him won one of his fat friends. They do it for real. They go to like real restaurants, you go back to back different kinds of meals, and they standing that you want to do a bang bang Ah Man, I don't know if I'm in the mood. Come on, all right, but what's it gonna be? And then they go back and forth and they go like steak restaurant, Italian place or something. I don't understand that.
Speaker 3: I couldn't do it physically, but he should try it on.
Speaker 1: It's it's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: I don't want to.
Speaker 1: There's something I don't know what there is it that I find entertaining about it. I've only done it. Did it once by accident out of politeness. My brother I did Gladys. Gladys is glass is not on the stick. She's got senioritis. Because we're almost on vacation. This is when I had cancer, actually, but my brother and I, after I got done with a chemo, we went made a pizza and then found out on the way home that my wife had made a big dinner because my brother was in town, like a big, home cooked fantastic meal. He can't say sorry, I already ate to that, so we ate again. We did a bang bang, but I have done like Black Bear Diner in an eehop or something like that.
Speaker 3: I don't understand the impetus are hungry, No, no, no, the whole point is you're not hungry anymore, but you do it anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, anyway, so Katie it bang bang, what's yours?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, my husband, Drew and I were out running errands and we drove by a McDonald's and I looked at him. I was like, dude, I have wanted McDonald's for so long, for so long.
Speaker 2: He's like, all right, well, let's get our stuff done and we can go by.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay.
Speaker 4: So we're the drive through to McDonald's and straight ahead of us as a Domino's, and I was like, ooh, pizza sounds good, and he goes, well, you're McDonald.
Speaker 3: The drive through the McDonald's eye bowling other restaurants. I am in the drive through.
Speaker 1: It's like a guy staring at the bridesmaids as he walks down the aisle with his new wife.
Speaker 3: I gotta keep that one in mind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we order way too much McDonald's. And while I'm in the car on the way back to the house from McDonald's, I am on the Dominoes app ordering s pizza. So we had our McDonald's, got home and like ten minutes later, the doorbell rang and there was way too much Dominoes delivered at the house.
Speaker 2: So we did a bang bang.
Speaker 4: I had a double quarter pounder and a handpan barbecue chicken.
Speaker 1: Pizza in the same hour. Fantastic. That is a bang squared right now, having not eaten McDonald's in a long time. How did it strike you? Oh, it's so good it is when you're eating.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know, I just I just respect how you initiated the second one, Well, the first one was still in process.
Speaker 2: I don't waste time, Joe.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, being efficient man.
Speaker 4: And the and the coke, just the diet coke hits different at McDonald's for some reason.
Speaker 1: It was I don't drink pop. But everybody tells me that that that a McDonald's diet soda is just better than anywhere else, That they get the right fizz to syrup ratio or something in a way that other people don't. Probably, yeah, they probably haven't dialed in better than any of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you're just feeding your regular coke right.
Speaker 4: When you haven't had it in months, it was Yeah, it was a moment to remember.
Speaker 2: Not I'm not ashamed.
Speaker 1: Oh this is a dumb question that only I will enjoy. But what did you eat at McDonald's. I had a quarter pound with cheese. That's a good sandwich right there.
Speaker 2: And the fries were fresh.
Speaker 1: Oh, McDonald's fries freshly made. And I'm wanting met today.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have McDonald's after show? Aren't you.
Speaker 1: Friends with some odd people?
Speaker 3: What's the matter with you people?
Speaker 1: Okay, now McDonald's another another staff story. What do you got? Michael? All Right?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm really proud of myself. I saved up one thousand dollars that was started last year to do charity work for the holiday season this year, so I bought it. Yeah, it was my wife and I. We bought a bunch of toys and gave some stuff to some elderly people and for the military. So we did a bunch of stuff. But when we went toys shopping.
Speaker 1: And this is this isn't community service that you were forced to do by.
Speaker 2: Mistake or no. Okay, that's surprising, I know, but no. And uh, the thing that was so surprising though, is we went shopping for toys and I couldn't believe how many crappy, cheap toys there are now. I don't know if it's I've gotten old or have toys always been this bad?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, of course the first one is true. The second one is not true. No, No, toys, just like washing machines, used to be solid made, but now stuff is crap. So what I'm always complaining about cheap Chinese crab, I mean it's worthless. So many toys you buy are worthless?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think there's a sweet spot because when we were kids, like Tonka trucks were built in Detroit by like the same people who made real trucks, and you'd buy one of those trucks and you'd leave it out in the rain four hundred and seventy five consecutive nights and it.
Speaker 1: Would still just be great.
Speaker 3: And future civilizations would find the Tonka trucks of the seventies and now you know, if your kid plays with it for two and a half hours, fifty to fifty the thing doesn't break. I would argue that there's a sweet spot in between there, although you know, if you get the super well made American toys of the past, your grandkids.
Speaker 1: End up with Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, my kids were playing with some of my metal toys. He's forty five years after I was using the fifty years after I use them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we actually have now they're on display, they're not being used. But a couple of toys that Judy's dad had that man, he grew up. Gosh, you grew up the Depression and.
Speaker 1: Just after what were the toys then, Like the hoop was like a.
Speaker 3: Top that you'd press on and its been around like play a song and stuff like that. There you go, yeah, stick in a hoop.
Speaker 2: No, But I remember growing up with Lincoln logs. They were made with real wood, sure building houses and tinker toys. And yeah, I don't know. I guess I've just I'm old. Now, that's all it comes down to.
Speaker 3: But the experiment has been done times fifty million. Do people want cheap crap or they do? They want more expensive quality, and cheap crap wins that fight a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't know why I was telling my son. I was trying to explain to my son the other day, how with many many things, what were we purchasing. It's cheaper to buy the good one. It's cheaper to buy the good one because you're gonna end up buying three of the crappy ones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in the long run, yes, is it just the thrill of acquisition, the thrill of getting something.
Speaker 3: You can do that more and by the time you know it's cheap. Crappiness is in evidence at the high from getting this kind of worn off.
Speaker 1: Anyway, they were at the dollar store the other day and they sell kitchen items there and they're all just so crappy. And Henry said, weren't you looking for tongs the other day? You couldn't find the tongues? And I needed tongues and for like flipping bacon or whatever, and they sell them. They're their dollar and I mean they are just so crappy. I bent them just trying to demonstrate using them.
Speaker 3: Just crap.
Speaker 1: Why do we even allow that stuff to come into the country.
Speaker 3: You probably should wash your hands because a Chinese lead and rat poison.
Speaker 1: Right right, right, all right, right, So if we're going to craft a fantastic bang bang, I would like to do a really high quality bang bang sometimes like a like a Morton's in a really good Italian restaurant or something like that. I don't know which older I would vomit all over.
Speaker 3: But I will put aside my objectors status. Jeez, what's the matter with you?
Speaker 1: The feeling horrible afterwards is kind of the.
Speaker 3: But I am seriously mystified, and I've done some perverse and indefensible things in my life.
Speaker 2: Did you feel bad, Katie after you ate all that?
Speaker 1: I did not feel great. She's a lot younger than us too, Michael. That helps wasn't wasn't great. But I didn't feel like I.
Speaker 3: Was going to die, you know.
Speaker 1: Cool for you?
Speaker 3: You know, I feel like I would have to do a big breakfast followed by a lunch thing, and I had just eliminated the interim period, so it would have that progression of tastes from like an omelet and some bay can do. Here's a big hamburg.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm letting bacon. You could do it, be hard to do pancakes need anything afterwards? Yeah, i'mlet bacon and then a yeah, yeah, then a steak or something.
Speaker 3: I could do that there if not had a stack of pancakes with syrup in probably fifteen years, really yeah, just because I'm trying to minimize carbs and sugar and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: And actually, and I know you remember how it is because it's freaking good. Oh I know, but I would have it forty eight hours.
Speaker 3: It's a delicious, a horrendous insulin crash though, But I want to really really badly. I gotta go get some blueberry pancakes with syrup.
Speaker 1: Nothing will make you tired like eating pancakes. I mean, it's just your feet are made of lead. It's just your head gets heavy. You can't keep it up by yourself. Yeah. Who said that was a morning food?
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 3: Maybe if you're eight years old, you bounce away from the breakfast table.
Speaker 1: But not now. When I eat pancakes, my head's like a baby, like something needs to hold it up. Wow wow.
Speaker 3: I guess I'll just stick with my sensible proteins.
Speaker 2: Oooh no, I'm ashamed to admit this, but you know how I was able to save this money up for the holiday giving. I quit going to the vending machine, and I took all that money. I just put it aside.
Speaker 1: And good for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it shows how much money I was wasting ridiculously.
Speaker 3: Grand in the vending machine.
Speaker 1: Michael.
Speaker 2: I know it's not funny at all. It's really really bad.
Speaker 3: Wow wow. I was about to salute his humanity and generosity, and Katie goes with mocking him.
Speaker 2: Wow. I mean that's that's impressive.
Speaker 1: Well, you think about it, you know, I do think about it. I thought about it every time I saw you at the vending machine for the past hour, many years we worked together. I think you could buy a box a case of those enth the price if you want.
Speaker 2: You should have stoped me years ago.
Speaker 1: Jack, none yet none of my business.
Speaker 3: Well you've reformed yourself and given to those less fortunate, Michael, God bless you. It's Christmas miracle.
Speaker 1: Or lessons or something or other.
Speaker 3: He's like a much less compelling Ebonezer Scrooge character. He's learned, he's reformed, just without the ghosts and the nice job.
Speaker 2: Michael, thank you. Well, I guess that's it.