Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's just you Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: It's a bright, beautiful day for Gilmore Girls Gazette and we have some some exciting news.
Speaker 3: We do have exciting news. We have so much exciting news.
Speaker 1: And it involves Scott Patterson and Chad Michael.
Speaker 3: Murray and one thing. Actually I have to go get so can you talk and just vamp for a second, just keep talking?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ours, Well, I'll tell everyone about the news. Sullivan's Crossing is on Netflix season one and two, which stars are beautiful Scott Patterson and Chad Michael Murray. If you haven't checked it out, check it out. And season three is launching sometime this week on Netflix. So if you haven't checked it out yet, now you now you can and it's going to be easily accessible to you all. And I have did I gave them the announcement about Sullivan's Crossing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's available on Netflix.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I see the people on Instagram that comment that it's a very good show. Yeah, I haven't watched it yet.
Speaker 1: What did you go grab?
Speaker 3: Oh can you see?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: So this is the new book. It's book Bilmore Girls, good Night Stars Hollow. I won't read it. I want people to get a chance to get it.
Speaker 1: That is so cute, cute.
Speaker 3: Paul Anka's in it, lorealizing it cinnamon.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I have to get that.
Speaker 3: Al's Pancake World. Where can I guess? Patty the Town Troubadour Warner Brothers store. Probably out of Amazon too. Laine is in the Marching Band.
Speaker 1: Do you wear your Gilmore Girls pajamas?
Speaker 3: Haven't yet, but I washed them and they're ready. It's just I'm too hot. I can't too hot for.
Speaker 1: Me live in them, and I the most comfortable pjs. I got a pair for my son and they're his favorites because he goes pizza pizza, there's pizzas on it, and all he will also do is wears pizza pajamas. I'm like, hey, it's Gilmore Girls, not pizza, but whatever, so we're always matching. It's so cute.
Speaker 3: They're real cute, they're real soft. But yeah, this is exciting that this book just came. And then also, did you get your trivial pursuit?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 3: I we'll do at the end, we'll do at the end of the show, so I need to.
Speaker 1: Have mine at the same time.
Speaker 3: No, because I'll do the questions and you'll try to name. Whenever I say name, name makes me think of what's her name? And Foster not set in Foster sundstrack.
Speaker 1: From the name and he watched the show and I know.
Speaker 3: And that things everywhere. So I know what story shall we be get?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I'm gonna be a ball hog. Finally finished it. Let's talk about it. Okay, I'm not gonna tell you the honest. Well, I'm I'm sad for two reasons, happy for one.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell tell me I'm sad for two reasons, happy for three reasons.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: So here's what made me sad that it's over. Like I have a real void in my life right now because I really recommitted. I watched every episode. Sorry, I'm opening the trivial pursue. Wh'll wait, get right. So I'm sad that it's over. Here's what I will say. The second to last episode of the series is so sad, so painful, and so great. The finale was a let down. I'm not gonna lie. The finale is basically like Here's what I would call it, like Andy Cohen's Reunion. It's just like giving you bits and bobs of everybody, but there's no real anything, not like It's not like it was some bu like huge thing. It's sort of a nothing burger like and some of it, I felt like they just tied a couple of storylines up too fast, go ahead to say it.
Speaker 1: I feel like, when something is so great, the finales always suck correct?
Speaker 3: How can you end it right? Correct? So I'm sad there's no more Handmaid's Tale, but I'm very happy that you know there's a spinoff coming, so I'm very glad that i'll have.
Speaker 1: More with Whose character is it again?
Speaker 3: It's one of the Galadia and then Elizabeth Moss's daughter, hand Daughter.
Speaker 1: Yes, it takes place like.
Speaker 3: Five years after a Handmaid's Tail ends or something, so I'm assuming hand is kind of like a teenager. She's probably like get someone's make it, get married. I mean, the show is so dark, a lot of people don't couldn't watch it. But in the finale is Alexis's Alexis Bladell's return.
Speaker 4: Woo.
Speaker 3: Sorry if that was so loud in everyone's ears. She was good it's good, not great because there's not a lot of there there In the finale, she sort of pops up out of nowhere. It didn't totally make sense. You don't really learn enough. You learn like she left her family, but she didn't really leave them. It's just like sort of that's how the whole finale was like Tiabo around this Tyroe, around this Jani, and here's your baby tyround about and you're just like, what I heard.
Speaker 1: That the second to last episode should have been the finale?
Speaker 3: Correct? You agree?
Speaker 1: Should?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes? The second to last episode. The series is a ten out of ten, Like I will put it up there with West Wing, Walking Dead, Gilmore, Girls, Sex and the City as like amazing series. Second to last episode is so good because it's so heartbreaking you can't believe what happens, and you're just like, oh my god, don't they should have tacked on ten more minutes to that?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: It was? The finale is just not good?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, but I'm telling you everyone listening, watch the whole thing, Watch the whole series. The series. The series is a ten out of ten or more. I don't know what to give it higher.
Speaker 1: How would you have ended it?
Speaker 3: Okay, you mean, how would I have ended it? Like in my brain? Or are you just saying, like ten, just end it with the big dramatic thing in the episode the second to last episode.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, so the second last episode happened whatever. Then we're in the finale. How would you have ended the finale?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is a great question, I think.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 3: I like, so basically June goes back to the original Waterford house and like it kind of ends in the same room where she was like a handmaid. I think I would have, like, I get it, they're sort of alluding that she's gonna go try and find Hannah or she's gonna continue the fight. I don't know what I would have done. I think she should have teamed up with Serena in some way. They sort of put Serena on a bus. I think that, like the core relationship one of them. We don't even really know what happens to Moira, so I think we need to know that Moira has gone to find Hannah. Maybe I don't know whatever or fight more. I think I would have liked to see Serena and June together going off somewhere that they are gonna they're gonna make this right somehow or continue to fight. They put Serena on this bus with the baby, and there's always this weird thing with Joel from Parenthood, and you're always like, do they love each other? Like it's kind of weird. Yeah, So I think I would have liked to see more of Serena and June figuring out how they're gonna like deal with.
Speaker 1: This this night.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, I'm gonna go with that.
Speaker 1: That's too and I I don't I haven't and.
Speaker 3: Seen the third season, so you only watched the first two? Get first two?
Speaker 1: Got Scar?
Speaker 3: Oh god, I'm starting Criminal Minds now. I was too sleepy when I started it last night, so I'll started again. But now I'm going to watch the new Criminal Minds. Oh my god. Can we talk about something for a second that has no tie to Gilmourt Girls, but I just really want to talk about it. Yes, I might be able to find a tie. Julian McMahon from Niptock just passed away. Yes, from Charmed? Can I just say he was? I met him many times. I don't know if you did. He came to like he when when his daughter was younger, they brought her to like jingle Ball. He could not be nicer and he was so nice and so cool. So Nip Tuck is such a great show, such a great show, so like different and clever and crazy weird. He was so nice. He is so handsome, he is so nice. I was so sad to see that, and it was so shocking and just.
Speaker 1: Like ugh, right, no, I know. And he was like privately dealing with it for a while.
Speaker 3: Although I wondered, now, like is that why he left that show FBI. He was on that like oh maybe one of those fbis or something. That just made me so sad, And I just like have been thinking about his family and just you can hear about people in like Hollywood all the time, and I'm not trying to be like we do you know, hollywould because we don't know Hollywood, but we know Hollywood enough. Nice. He's so nice. Oh my god, I'm so cool. He was so friendly. He's so nice. Love that kid. His ex wife, brook Burns, is the loveliest, coolest lady. His current wife is so cool, Like these are just the nicest, coolest people anyway, that's my.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: And then I was reading so much about him, and then I didn't remember he was married to Kylie Minogue's sister.
Speaker 4: HM.
Speaker 3: Anyway, his wife's so nice daughter, So everyone in that family is so nice. So that was just like, really sad. I don't know how to pivot. Maybe we take a break and then we'll come back with more the real Gazette.
Speaker 1: Let's do it all right, we're back and there's there's a lot of things on on Instagram right now surrounding Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be another what's your cookie? That means Gilmore Girls? Not quite.
Speaker 1: But first, oh my god, this is the pregnancy brain. Give me a say it, mad Zukree, mad Zukrie.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you've got a mad Zucree story.
Speaker 1: Yes, and uh, he was on you know, one of those convention carpets and somebody was interviewing him and they brought up the you jump I jump Jack episode.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I saw this.
Speaker 1: Right, And so she was she was asking like, are you like logan, like would that be it was old?
Speaker 3: But it's not that old. It's not like they it's not from yesterday where he did this interview, but it's not that long. It's not from Gilmore Girl's era. Right, I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 1: No he it's like mad Zuke Greenow.
Speaker 3: Oh this is mad to Greenow. Okay, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Right, and and he was he was basically like, no, I don't, I don't. I don't do heights. But he did say it was his favorite episode yes series, because he felt that like it perfectly captured logan, which I agree that was one of my favorite episodes of Gilmore Girls as well.
Speaker 3: It was just the like, oh my god, the you know what comes to my of it and remember when they talked without the letter E or something. It gives me anxiety because my brain starts to do that.
Speaker 1: And we tried doing we got it out, block it out, walk it out.
Speaker 3: I can't never think about the ground. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So that was kind of funny. And then there was this other post by at Chilton Days and it's things I don't understand about Gilmore Girls as somebody who has seen it eighteen times. So it's like storylines that happened in the show that don't add up, So.
Speaker 3: Okay, give them to me and then we can decide.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the first one is how did three years of Chiltern add up to seventy five thousand dollars. Tuition was only five thousand dollars a year?
Speaker 3: Why did she think tuition was five thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: That's where that is where my head went, because I'm like, yeah, Chilton is seventy five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Right, Children is not five thousand dollars. So for that person, I'm curious why they think it was five thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: That's what I don't understand, and I didn't get that.
Speaker 3: So anyway, can somebody listening help us with that? Like how much was children?
Speaker 1: Did at some point did Richard and Emily say it was five thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: Like where did I think? No? Because that's like nothing, like I understand that's a lot. But I do think that Loralai could have figured on that something or a scholarship, like it was significant. It was like twenty five thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 1: That's what I thought.
Speaker 5: I have the answer, Okay, the answer in the first episode of gilmol Girls, five thousand dollars is the amount that Laurli is struggling to come up with for the initial enrollment deposit.
Speaker 1: Correct, It's like not the full tuition for the semester or the snaps good shob Jackie. Yeah yeah, one yep, so that kind of track seventy five k.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh that's totally three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's start moving out right. So then the next one is a picture of Madeline and it says she was great, but she definitely wasn't smart. Rhough to get into Jim, but.
Speaker 3: I don't know that children is only smarty pants. It's very prestigious. So it's like she might have prestigious parents. So it's there are a lot of smart kids there, but it's not only smart.
Speaker 1: Kids, right, there's definitely a socialite statness to it. Okay, so next thing, how did Rory get valedictorian over Paris? Not only did parents have extra more extracurriculators, but she had better grades too.
Speaker 3: Oh they were like tide or something.
Speaker 1: I mean I kind of agree, but also like as a validictor, I mean I was never valedictorian. Wait, no, the sal what's the other one? Saladatorian is the one that like the people love, Oh yeah, something like that slid saladatorian, the.
Speaker 3: One that the people love, you know.
Speaker 1: Like the one that's like the student body president salidatorian. I'dn't even say it. There is a saladatorian listening right now that is screaming.
Speaker 3: Is that like a you get voted by the students.
Speaker 1: A valedictorian is a student with the highest grade point average versus the salad salitatory Oh, is a student with the second highest GPA.
Speaker 3: So I guess it's just like one too. Well, whatever, maybe Paris was that, or maybe who knows?
Speaker 1: Move on, moving on, Okay, moving on, moving on. Next one. Why did the writers get of Alex He was mentioned one time when he wasn't there and then was totally confused.
Speaker 3: Maybe he got Twilight. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think Twilight, that's.
Speaker 3: Who we're talking about. I think he must have got Twilight and was unavailable. What's that guy's name? Don't tell me, don't tell me. Let's see if I can get it. Oh, it's not going to come. Hold on now.
Speaker 1: The pressure.
Speaker 3: This is like when I couldn't remember Darryl's real name. What is Darryl's real name? Norman reads? Okay, see that's what's back in the front again. Okay, that guy's name, he's a star of fire Country. I don't have it, but we'll come back to the end of the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, do let me tell you. No, I want to see if it comes all right, Jackie, Emma, don't let us forget.
Speaker 3: I always struggle with his name. I always struggle. That's why it's like rolling the computer back of the brain. It makes me think of parenthood when he's like, why you call it a noodle. It's just my brain, my noodle. Okay, go ahead, go.
Speaker 1: Ahead, Okay, Jess's dad, So it's picture name.
Speaker 3: Give me his first name.
Speaker 1: Billy.
Speaker 3: Okay, what wanted to come out was Campbell, Billy Campbell. But that's a different guy, Billy Ley.
Speaker 1: What is it burn?
Speaker 3: Did say? Billy Burke? Yeah, Burke? Who the character is?
Speaker 5: Jimmy Mariano.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we're talking about Yeah, that's Robastes.
Speaker 3: Emma's a little d hunh.
Speaker 1: It's okay.
Speaker 3: We're talking about Alex the coffee guy. The coffee guy. Are you talking about rob Astes?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: We're trying at Robs his dad right right?
Speaker 3: At one point he left at birth and one point he left later is very confusing. They don't have the story straight.
Speaker 1: I can see. This is just my theory. He left when he was born, came back and left when he was at fifteen. I don't know, but there is that. That is you know, that is a continuity air for sure. And then the last one is, why would Lorli choose to get married on June third when the same day, except a year prior, Rory had her trial? I read flag on that.
Speaker 3: Hey, give me that one again.
Speaker 1: Why would Lorli choose to get married on June third when the same day, except a year prior, Rory had her try I.
Speaker 3: Don't know that anyone absolutely does anyone remember that?
Speaker 1: No, but it's one of these things.
Speaker 3: Anyways, June second is a cool day? Was it June second?
Speaker 1: June third?
Speaker 3: How dare I say? June second?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: Okay, so yeah, so that's that.
Speaker 3: That's it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Those are those are more.
Speaker 3: That was a fun game. There was more.
Speaker 1: Now you have a true trivia? Is it trivia or trivial pursuit?
Speaker 3: Trivial? But I love that you were struggling.
Speaker 1: I know, like, okay, but you know what I want. Did you see the lego?
Speaker 3: The lego was insane. I totally saw the lego and it was fricking. Now is it a thing or did someone make it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Is it for sale? Is it for sale? Or did somebody just.
Speaker 1: Want Somebody made it and it's been petitioned to Lego to create it. And it is I conic it is of the gazebo, a Lego gazebo.
Speaker 3: It's so legit.
Speaker 1: It is truly incredible, and so the it was designed by fan builder Amy Alaska and Amy, you have our support. You go to a Lego if you need us to sign in a petition. We got you girls.
Speaker 3: So many amis. I know so many Amys, Amy, Me, Amy Sherman, Palladino, Amy.
Speaker 1: So it hit. I guess ten thousand supporters and it's officially under the Lego.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, let's get more. Get one hundred thousand supporters sign that thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do we sign?
Speaker 3: Is that on our social that would be epic?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 3: So God, is it a good time to do trivia now? Even if we have more stories, why don't we change it up and we'll do trivia in the middle. Okay, I like it. First of I need glasses, but I'm gonna do my best.
Speaker 1: And Emma and Jackie please jump in.
Speaker 3: Everybody play because I have the answers. Where does Laura La present the movies for the annual Stars Hollow movie festival where where town Square?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is hard. What is the name of Babette's garden note which was stolen and then return by Jess and you get choices? Peer Pont Bernard or Julian Bernard? Incorrect, peer Pont. These are harder than the cards I have, than our other version. So this is the official version. What is the secret code to Emily's panic room?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I remember this. I think I know it?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 5: One?
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 3: Yes, I had a lot of ones. I think there's five ones. Okay? In the season four premiere Ballrooms and Biscotti. How does Emily hold Rory hostage during Friday night dinner? They're watching National Ballroom Dancing Competition. That's when they were working, watching Quirky Ballace. Yeah, marphallus is I think they're watching both his parents.
Speaker 1: In fact, they did, by the way, surely Sureley Ballat's.
Speaker 3: Get How far out can you guys see me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: About five months into their relationship. What item does Jason Styles awkwardly give to Loralai to express his commitment? This is so easy. It's a key. Have a choice, a necklace or a key? A key?
Speaker 1: Come on, that's eazy key to the apartment.
Speaker 3: How does Kirk practice for his upcoming date at Luke's. Oh, the place he feels most comfortable. Doesn't he make Luke practice with him?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: He has a practice date talking to a camera. That was funny. Okay, Hey, do we have any more good stories?
Speaker 1: I mean, other notable things. There's a there's a new book called Memia Luke's coming in this fall.
Speaker 3: I forgot about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't really know what it's about.
Speaker 3: Okay, So here's some homework assignments. Next week we will report on the interview that this lady did with Amy Sherman Palladino. We'll listen to that, and we will also listen to Sibling Revelry with Kate Hudson and Oliver Hudson and they are interviewing Sean and James Gunn. So Jackie, will you listen to one? And Emma will you listen to one? And for the for the Sibling revel Really hopefully they talk about Gilmar Girl somewhere in there.
Speaker 1: I don't know from what I can tell, they don't. But Emma and Jackie do you never?
Speaker 3: Oh? Kate and Oliver never mentioned gil Mar Girls. What how dare they?
Speaker 4: Do?
Speaker 1: We want to end on McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, yes, yes, okay. You read me the meal and I'll try it. I have not looked at this. Read me the meal, and I'll try to guess who orders.
Speaker 1: It the takeout? Is this online forum that created this what we think the gun one girls would Lorelion Rory would order.
Speaker 4: At good S?
Speaker 3: The word forum by the way, really good, you said the word thank you, thank you?
Speaker 1: What they would order at McDonald's. So before we get into them, what do you order at McDonald's.
Speaker 3: I don't eat it McDonald's this episode by McDonald's. I don't eat fast food.
Speaker 1: Girl, give a good.
Speaker 3: I don't eat fast food because yeah, but you do, so you say what you eat, and I can give you my old.
Speaker 1: Right, So I don't go there for a meal ever. I go there like if if I'm hungover, like the hash brown, Oh for those things like if I'm like I really want ice cream, I really want to make flurry.
Speaker 3: My old meal was just the regular cheeseburger and fries and a coke. Now I don't eat cheese anymore, and I don't drink coke anymore, and I don't eat onions anymore, which are you know they have those chopped up onions which I used to be able to eat no problem. So that was my old meal and like a happy meal.
Speaker 1: I basically love that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had a friend shout out to Stephanie Greer. Shout out steph Greer. I hope you're listening. Guess what she ordered lay of fish. I think she was the only person in America and she would dip that stuff in some white.
Speaker 1: Sauce when I was When I was a kid, and because I'm Catholic and I couldn't eat me on Fridays during lund we used to get filet of fish.
Speaker 2: Girls.
Speaker 3: She loved it. She would just wolf it down, eat it. She would choose to order it like. That was what astounded me. I was like, that's your go to and she just dip it. It looked like mayonnaise, but I think it's some kind of white sauce. Also, people listening, I think I have a splinter stuck. Like you can't see it, but something hurts so bad on my finger.
Speaker 1: It's probably a splinter, Like is it could.
Speaker 3: A splinter go way down in there and then it's like encapsulated basically.
Speaker 1: That's what it feels that it is a splinter.
Speaker 3: What is the next steps on that? My mom said, soak it in hot water. Yeah, yeah, that's surgery.
Speaker 1: No, you're fine.
Speaker 3: Oh it's so painful though.
Speaker 1: What does Laura Lae I order? Oh?
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to read me the thing and then I'll say, who orders it? All right?
Speaker 1: Sure, it's going to be very very obvious.
Speaker 3: Oh good, even better fun? Okay, that makes.
Speaker 1: Okay, big mcmeal with extra fries and milkshake, and she's ordered, absolutely, ordering a mcfluury and a hot apple pie, then dunking the pie into the mcflurry. Yes, okay, And then Rory is.
Speaker 3: She'd be you're not getting the game.
Speaker 1: There's only two options.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought we'd do luke and low. You know it's okay, take it away, take it away.
Speaker 1: So then Rory, she'd be a McNuggets loyalist, with both branch and honeymustard dipping sauces. A cheeseburger might make its way into the order, but she's mainly there for consistency, hot fries on mcdouble and maybe a caramel Sunday during.
Speaker 3: WHOA So okay, well that's a good enough game. Billy Burke still got it, not for if I'll remember it or forget again. Seven six four one. That was the number I couldn't get.
Speaker 4: Scoop.
Speaker 3: I'll tell the Scoop story on Saturday. Tune in on Saturday for Parenthood and I'm going to tell you another good story. We'll do the menopause in it.
Speaker 4: Then I love it And that's the news.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody to forget. Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com