Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jack Katie and He Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Dinfigure skating the USA gliding to gold in the team event, tied with the Japanese team going into the final skate. It was all up to the US's superstar Ilia Malanin, known as the quad God and the only skater to have ever landed a quadruple axle in international competition. And if you're wondering how does Ilia do it, well, he told us that before every skate he eats chocolate, all right.
Speaker 2: So it's basically tied with japan. Quad God's first Olympic performance is going to make the difference in whether or not we win the team gold medal or not. He goes out there, nobody's ever landed a he does six or seven. There seems to be some difference. But six or.
Speaker 1: Seven of those, oh many quads and a backflip which.
Speaker 2: He lands on one foot, which nobody'd ever done before. Used to be illegal for one thing, But aren't very many people that can do it legal or not? Just like it's too bad that it happened after the Super Bowl, when I think a lot of people were sported out because it's one of the most amazing performances in Winter Olympics history and just really really something. I can't even imagine how you skate and do a backflip and land on want to skate and skate off. It's just amazing. But you know this is.
Speaker 1: I honestly am not trying to be controversial or or certainly bash anybody, because I love everybody. The consistency which with the male's figure skaters appeared to be fellows who said, I'm an effeminate gay man a spectacular athlete, right, I mean, like, mind bogglingly skillful athlete.
Speaker 2: What shall I do? Right?
Speaker 1: I go to figure skating because it's like incredibly athletic dancing, and you get to wear a lot of sequence.
Speaker 2: In fact, your sequence are like part of it.
Speaker 1: So seriously, just just culturally psychologically.
Speaker 2: I think it's interesting.
Speaker 1: It. Guy's a fabulous athlete. God bless him, Thank you for representing the country. I don't want to come off as being negative about.
Speaker 2: It, no, but you'd have to assume that he has the sort of skills that could make him a world class gymnast or a lot of different things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he goes skating headis like a fiend. Yeah, because you get to wear a sequence. I don't want to put that fine a point on it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, more or less, we're going to talk a little more Super Bowl uh later this hour, we'll get into some more halftime showing your thoughts on it and people's comments on it and cheered jerking ads for potato chips and all kinds of different stuff. That was among after after maybe the most exciting playoffs in NFL history, that was one boring game. This is what I was talking about a week or so ago when I said, Joe and I are old. Those of you who are younger don't know, this is what the NFL used to be like. Well, that game yesterday is what, like every NFL game used to be like, a lot of run, running into the pile the art, you know, field goals, low scoring, not a lot happening. That's what all NFL games pretty much used to be like. And then we all get used to the constant scoring, lots of passing, I mean a running back one the MVP. When's the last time that happened? AnyWho, that was not exciting to watch, and neither one of my kids had any interest. So I'm sitting on the couch, bloated from all that cheese dipped for Michaelangelo's recipe, feeling sick to my stomach watching a boring game. Yeah, another field goal, Oh, another sack. Well, that's exciting. Wanted to get this story on for you though. This is important. LA's homeless spending a case study and epic failure. This should matter to you no matter where you live in the country because is an example of when do gooders take tax payer money and start throwing it around, pretending they're trying to accomplish something when I'm not even sure they have any interest in that at all. Sprawling homelessness is one of the most chronic frustrations in Los Angeles. This is from the New California Post editorial board. New York Post now has a California Post based in LA. Now I find out that the LA City Council spend an eye popping four hundred and eighteen million dollars on homeless services in twenty twenty five alone, almost half a billion dollars year, almost half a billion dollars in one city in one year on homelessness. Wow, and it only got worse. Mayor Karen Bass and council members need to account for this, says the editorial Board, and take responsibility for charting an effective course that centers on mental health and addiction treatment for those on the streets. Note that we can't say a more effective course because the current course isn't effective at all. A report this week from the city administration officer found that la Is pumped hundreds of millions of dollars into the homeless program black hole with nothing to show for it. Of the more than of the more than four hundred million dollars spent last year in homelessness, just ten percent went toward actually getting people off the streets for good. According to the California Post, Uh, there's a variety of reasons for that that we can get into in just a second. Well, yeah, and I would point out we're a year and three months from the end of twenty twenty four, barely so what does for good mean? Surely, Oh, that's a good point. Wow, the vast boat. So the number should be inflated on the high end, since for good could mean you've been off the streets for a month and a half, year and a half whatever. Yeah. Uh. The vast bulk of money LA shoveled into homeless program simply made it easier for people to be and stay homeless. That LA is an epic failure, according to the Edatorial Board, it's a failure to meaningfully help nine out of ten of those that were on the street, cycling people through temporary programs, rolling out laundry trucks for those on the street. Did you know that that's one of the programs. They'll take in your laundry, your dirty clothes, wash them and give them back to you in LA. That's part of the homeless program to help people out. So they well, you couldn't. How are you going to go to a job interview in dirty clothes? You know it would be the sort of tear jerking car appeal you'd mainke. That's how they're going. Junkies supervising areas where people sleep in the car, so they have law enforcement or people acting as law enforcement walking the streets where people sleep in the car so that they can stay safe, to obviously make it easier to stay a drug addict and live in your car. It's all a behemoth money pit that offers no light and no end of the tunnel. And that's before we even get to the mayor's pet homeless initiative Inside Safe, which provides temporary motel rooms that cost taxpayers two hundred and twenty six dollars per night apiece, while solving little in the long room, because long run, because all it does again make it easier to stay a drug addict. Half a billion dollars in one year with the homeless problem getting worse is really quite extraordinary. And people who think that doing the laundry of the you know, let's just go back to the root of it that we always do. It's a bunch of drug addicts almost entirely, until we still start calling it a drug problem as opposed to a housing problem. We'll never get anywhere the end.
Speaker 1: Because those who are not junkies can be helped by specific, carefully regulated programs. But then, so here's here's the world's simplest to understand formula doing people's laundry for them, I know, simple to understand formula above government if they can sell the people on the idea that there is a crisis and that government can help solve that crisis that gives them an unlimited platform to hand out money to their cronies. Now, like most things, it reminds me the whole I've got some great evidence that it is hardcore Marxist groups who are really pushing the demonstrations in Minneapolis. But in the same way, you've got the cynics or the activists who are doing precisely what I suggested. They're exploiting this because it's a way to hand out tax beyer cash because nobody knows how it's spent, nobody tracks it. And then you've got the fools who are soft headed, soft hearted people who think we really do need to help these people that are unfortunate, and that government official just said that they're going to help it help the problem with these tax dollars.
Speaker 2: So I'm in favor of it. For I'm in favor of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so you've got the two layers, the cynics or activists and the fools, and people assume everybody's sincere here and the fools are.
Speaker 2: But at the core of it, it's.
Speaker 1: People who understand that government exists from their point of view, as a way to take money from the treasury. After identifying a problem. It's the fact that people don't recognize it for what it.
Speaker 2: Is makes me insane. But it is something I must accept, So get them out drugs in some cases, booze needles, all kinds of your drug paraphernalia, policing the streets so you can sleep in your car. And no, you're not gonna get robbed. Taking up your dirty laundry and bringing it back Clayton to you.
Speaker 1: Send the laundry truck by my place. I spill some barbecue sauce on my jeans at the super Bowl party.
Speaker 2: What's the motivation for the drug addict to stop when you get new repercussions.
Speaker 1: I'm staying in a free hotel room with free laundry, food, needles, other services. This hit and bottom thing I keep hearing about. I can't see it from here, right.
Speaker 2: That is amazing, And that's a tremendous amount of money. Wow, half a billion dollars in a year in LA. I'm looking up at the TV. They're showing the Mister Beast super Bowl ad. I missed that one. I heard it teased. I don't know what he was advertising, mister Beast, but he's one of your biggest stars in the world that I'm sure a lot of people didn't recognize at all because they don't watch him on YouTube. Now, I wouldn't know him if he walked in the room. Quite a few AI ads of various levels of troubling that really bothered me. Did you see the ad? The ad for it was set in a dunkin Donuts and it had been a young Ben Aflack and a young Joey from Friends and a young Ted Danson. Was that AI or was that the actors with AI or what was that? They were obvious.
Speaker 1: Altered through some technology to look very young?
Speaker 2: Again? You think they participated in that? I mean, I'm sure I could google that. Yeah. Well, yeah, I don't know if that's gonna help me any answer my question. Did they? I mean, because that's a serious star power in that ad. What did they pay to get all those people to be in that ad? If they were actually in the ad, well you gotta oh, you'd have to pay them. What do you mean if they're actually in the ad.
Speaker 1: You can't generate Georgeica Jason Alexander's face and body and use it to sell dunkin Donuts.
Speaker 2: So somebody had enough money to get everybody, including Rachel from Friends and Tom Brady and everybody has a lot of money, and this would be the up ultimate point. As somebody who's in the advertising business, I don't remember what the ad was for. I always wonder that about Super Bowl commercials.
Speaker 1: A lot of a commercial premise was Matt David works at a Duncan.
Speaker 2: But was it for Duncin Donuts? Yeah, they ad was for Dunkin Donuts because there was something that ran at the end that I thought, what was this? Add four?
Speaker 1: I don't know how I can help you. I'm not possibly hit me over the head over it with it.
Speaker 2: Well, they'd had a different tagline than Dunkin Donuts, though at the very end of the commercial it was.
Speaker 1: The punchline to the joke. I think, okay, hmm man, they spent a ton of money on that one. Uh the halftime show. It's getting so much attention.
Speaker 2: I suppose the NFL feels like that's a win just so people are talking about it. I'm not sure that's true, but we can get into that coming up in some of your texts. So some of you love I gotta admit I haven't come across anybody who liked it. I've come across people complaining about us, complaining about it, but nobody that actually liked it, which is a different thing. Right, Yeah, all right, stay tuned. Hey world, did.
Speaker 1: You arrange the munchkins in the Fibonacci sequence?
Speaker 2: I got a genius worker fun such a genius in white he put ice in his coffee. Huh, come on, Shackie, I'm just well hunting. I'm not a genius. I will marry the first man that can help me with the Sibonacci sequins.
Speaker 1: Oh, end, don't you have a girlfriend?
Speaker 2: We rona break. I don't need her huts. Look at everything I need right here with Duncan.
Speaker 1: They kid, if you're still single doing this Boston stick and working for Duncan when you're fifty.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be very disappointed.
Speaker 1: Is it that your girlfriend?
Speaker 2: You like donuts? Yeah? Well this is my new boyfriend. I like these nuts. I'm tiring.
Speaker 1: Duncan.
Speaker 2: I did not have Jennifer Aniston doing a D's Nuts joke on my list of things I expected. That's subtle and has a lot of star power in that commercial. So USA Today puts out the ad Meter every year. That's where they actually have focus groups turning the knob left or right watching the ads in a minute. Is this another Jennifer Aniston joke about to happen? Here's your turn these knobs? Huh? Top five that people liked, I'll tell you the bottom are almost all tech AI stuff, So the uh. The expert for USA Today said people did not like the tech ads, which is kind of interesting. Wonder why people automatically rejected reacted poorly to any AI ad. Your top five michelob Ultra the Ultra Instructor humors take on fitness training themes. I missed that one, sorry, Duncan. Was number four, the one we just played Pepsi. The choice that was with the polar bear, with the polar bear exactly clever. Yeah, poor polar bear got caught up on the kiss cam at the concert with another polar bear. Number two, though most popular ad, was the one that I hated so much, the Lazed Potato chip ad, an emotional father daughter potato farm story that tugged at art strings. I only rejected because, I mean, if it were a movie that ended with the farmer given the farm, that's fine. You know, it's a little smallzy for me, But that's fine.
Speaker 1: But then when you try to sell me freaking potato chips, right, you tug on my art strings and sell me a bag of chips all to process stuff I should never eat, and I love Laize potato chips.
Speaker 2: I don't know why that just seems odd to me.
Speaker 1: There's no emotion involved in a potato chip at all. You know, I had an explanation for the ai ad unpopularity and that just absolutely made my point. A lot of not all of them, but a lot of them were fairly straightforward saying here's what we do and here's how we do it. Interested here's the company which is not a lot of entertainment value for the sort of people who went gaga for the freaking potato chip ad.
Speaker 2: Right, wasn't meant for them. And number one Buttweiser American icons are stirring patriotic ad tying the brand to American icons like Clydesdale's and bald eagles. Okay, that settles. So did people watch that ironically, like it on an ironic level or just completely seriously in that I love the Budweiser ads America? And then a bald eagle writing on the horse, why don't I munch it. That's when the horse started flying.
Speaker 1: And why don't I munch on a bag of potato chips and think about my answer to your question? Yes, people, did I think that the ad meter people took it completely?
Speaker 2: Sincerely?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the little horse is helping the little bird learn to fly. That is so sweet. It's not at all a giant international beer corporation trying to manipulate my emotions.
Speaker 2: But huh, I'm about some cynical man. I have hate brimming in my heart. I'm about in the ads where we're all supposed to get along and like each other and all that sort of stuff. Should I say to those heads, Okay, we'll talk a little bit about bad bunny, some of your responses coming up in a little bit. I found it pet efecto. I I don't know what it was about because I don't speak Spanish.
Speaker 4: Armstrong and geddy, but bless America, Santatina. I have Nina pudu ba wand Bolivia banaa Amicoana Ama you mad st Kannada.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, love me body Puerto Rico. Say you moucky that we're still here, despike the football. We're still here. I that was the ending of the Bad Bunny halftime show. I'd be offended or or in agreement or mystified if I understood a single word of the whole thing. But I don't speak Spanish, so I don't. I don't know what I wouldn't know what was happening, and uh, I don't feel like it's something I ought to do to go try to figure it out.
Speaker 1: So it just it was.
Speaker 2: It wasn't for me. I guess I'm not annoyed by music I don't like, like I guess most people are. I guess that makes me rare.
Speaker 1: People unite more quickly around things they don't like than what they do like, so it's a big conversational topic.
Speaker 2: I get it. Yeah, I don't. I don't understand hating someone else's music tastes. But I just assume that's not for me. It's not or you know, it's not my thing. So I'm sure other people enjoyed.
Speaker 1: But if it's all in a different language, that's a perfectly reasonable thing to be upset about, I think, right. The big German World Cup game was the halftime was tirely and Mandarin and all the Germans sat around saying I have no idea what's happening. Yeah, if you think it's just right wingers in America, go ahead and do what Joe just explained that the big, giant, biggest soccer match they have that year in Germany. Have it in some other language and see if they just accept it because multiculturalism on its face is just wonderful, or obviously try.
Speaker 2: It in China or anywhere else like that. God right. So I was reading the New York Times review of the Halftime Show, which is about what you'd expect it to be. Just absolutely loves it, and it's explaining all the intricacies of it, and it was pretty intricate. I guess, although I don't know what you accomplish if ninety plus percent of your audience has no idea what you're saying and what's going on, and those numbers are literal. I did some research on it last night because I was wondering how many people are Spanish only in the United States. A lot of people speak Spanish, that number is not even that great, but a lot of people speak Spanish, but so English. The number of people that only speak Spanish is single digits. Best I had come up with and as I pointed out, Telemundo had the broadcast entirely in Spanish, and you know, during only English things they would have subtitles. And the part that bothered me the most was I knew the music was going to be in Spanish. I didn't know it was going to be basically a music coal like a play set to music. And they opened with a still shot with words on it to explain what the setting is I guess, or what was about to happen. And it wasn't all Spanish, no subtitles. I mean, that is just letting me know you do not care whether or not I get anything out of this or not.
Speaker 1: Right, it would have been the easiest thing in the world for the NFL and whoever was producing the halftime show to have it in English and Spanish.
Speaker 2: So did they feel like at least understood the premise. Did they feel like that would be insulting or caving to a certain community or something to put it in the subtitles. I don't know, I truly don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've got a pretty strong opinion on all this, including it's a cynical but practical move by Roger Goodell to try to sell the game in the rest of the Americas and around the world. I get that, and he's given a finger to his traditional audience. But no, I don't understand why you wouldn't make that incredibly small, simple gesture of here's what's happening here to your English speaking audience, which is virtually everybody.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know what it said on that does anybody know what said? But if it said a sugarcane field, Puerto Rico, nineteen seventy five, okay, I'm kind of interested in what you're going to show me then, even if I don't understand the words. But I didn't have any idea, and then you didn't care whether I had any idea, a New York Times critic after a very very very long explanation of all the things that were going on, and there are tons of stars and people of note that he interfaced with that I didn't know who they were or what was it about, because again I only speak English. For some, the mere fact of Bad Bunny's selection for the halftime show could only be read as a political statement. For some, it even inspired a counter programming event, the All American Halftime Show, presented by the right wing organization Turning Point USA and headlined by kid Rock. So the kid Rock event is right wing, but the event that is in all Spanish and features dudes kissing and hinting toward open borders are good and all that's not left wing. That's just mainstream entertainment that if I don't like it, there's something wrong with me. Exactly right. Yes, you've explained the New York Times. Bad Bunny's tent was and always has been far bigger, far more musically generous, and far more imaginative. Near the end of his performance, he shouted God bless America, then ran through a list of countries that make up South, Central and North America, from Chile all the way up to Canada. He held out a football read together, we Are America and then spiked it before his final song. So what is that message there? So he's saying, I love America, but buy America.
Speaker 1: I mean the America's yeah, open the border, yeah yeah, like the football said together we are America and then spiking the football, ending with We're still here, We're still here, meaning you know you ice f you Trump administration.
Speaker 2: There was a narrative through the event which went from a proposal to a wedding to the appearance of a child watching Bad Bunny's Grammy acceptance speech, which of course he said ice out. So he didn't say ice out during the performance yesterday, but he had a little kid watching him say ice out. So that was and a kid who looked precisely like Okay, that's what the critic is about to get into the appearance of a child watching Bad Bunny's Grammy acceptance speech. Though that thread online, people speculated the young boy was Liam Connel Ramos, the child at the center of a recent contentious federal immigration action in Minnesota. He was in fact an actor, but the confusion underscored the urge to apply an unwieldy political literalism to Bad Bunny's performance. Oh so, weirdly picked a kid that looked precisely like that other little kid. We're applying in unwieldy political literalism, that little kid who looked just like the kid from the big news story. I'm forcing that on this.
Speaker 1: That's not what you meant and gave that little kid the Grammy ord at which he referenced ice out.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, that's well, I'm ready. I'm reading way too much into this. Bad Bunny did not go to great lengths to do that. It's me and my weird racist.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, it's your imagination. You're your paranoid imagination. Yeah, isn't that something is?
Speaker 2: And the New York Times guy reading it some online speculated, okay, yeah, well all right.
Speaker 1: Everybody at the party said, was that that little kid with the floppy hat? Wow, So everybody foisted their racist political opinions on that event. And the word I would choose is unwieldy. Yes, I said, hey, stop that, it's unwieldy.
Speaker 2: Bad Bunny did something quite novel with his Super Bowl sixty performance, turning into an extended presentation on how to make a global opportunity intimate, personal, and historically specific. Well, I'd have to take I'd have to take your word for it because I don't speak Spanish. And again, so I don't have any idea what was going on the stuff about that, So I wondered at one point, I did wonder, what's the deal? I think one of my kids said, what's the deal with the telephone poles? So I guess during the hurricane back in twenty seventeen, lots of the people up on the telephone poles trying to restore telephones and power and everything like that got knocked down by the hurricane and drowned or something like that, and somehow that's the fault of us not sending enough money to help with the blackout. Colonialism or something. According to the New Yorkers, yes, colonialism always. I'm not somebody.
Speaker 1: If I was somebody and not nobody, when I was in a meeting with Roger Goodell, I would work for weeks to learn Spanish everything that needed to be said, and I would just say it all to him in Spanish, and he's like, what are we doing here? I don't speak Spanish. I'd say, I'd give him the middle finger and walk out.
Speaker 2: That's interesting how people go into camps on this stuff, and maybe that's exactly what I'm doing. Although I feel like my camp is pretty easily defended, I don't.
Speaker 1: I would like to hear somebody in the other camp address some of the arguments we've made. I would listen to just the very simple effect of this is the biggest TV sh show of the year. It's entertainment. I don't speak Spanish, and you.
Speaker 2: Made no effort to bring me along for the ride, even if you want to inject another culture into the show and think it'd be good for me. Fine, but God makes some effort to bring me along for the ride and tell me what's going on. But nope, not a word. And then the other crowd is going with If you aren't automatically wowed by this and saying historic and amazing, then you're some sort of caveman scared of brown people, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah, racist nativists to whatever. Yeah, all right, probably a Christian nationalist whatever that is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then people have always complained about the Super Bowl halftime shows. I mean, it's it's a practically a tired act. But I've seen some clips of various halftime shows from the past, and they had one from the must have been the early two thousands. Probably it was Brittany with Aerosmith, some big time rapper. I remember. It wasn't the singing walk this way, and I thought, that is an attempt to appeal to the widest, not whitest, the whitest audience you possibly can with whitest, you know, the young sex pot for the younger people. The ancient even then ancient Aerosmith and rapper and different people. Look, yesterday, you made no effort, not even the tiniest effort to appeal to to me and my family. Yeah, what you get to do?
Speaker 1: But yeah, musically speaking, yes, but I get it. I mean substandard Rabbit has been the number one streamed pop star. I'm not gonna use artist, although I don't know, number one streaming artist for four of the last six years.
Speaker 2: A buddy of mine texted me. He said, if you have the chance to get the number two artist in the world for your halftime show, you do it, period, right right?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think that's absolutely correct. But the utter lack of any effort to bring the English speaking world along, that is inexplicable. Yeah, that is not justified by any of the arguments I've heard made. It was creatively wonderful, and you know it brought forward the Hispanic point of view and the history of blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Okay, fine, but why would you abandon the English speaking audience.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, like you just said, I get so one of the So Taylor Swift, the number one artist in the world, wasn't available. You got the number two artists. You know why wouldn't you have that person? Come on, But if you're gonna tell this tale about your homeland and why we should find it as magical as you do, and here's the ways that you think it was wronged by whoever, and you want us to know that.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't learn any single thing. I can only come to one conclusion. The messages. Learn Spanish, bitches, that's the way I took it.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 1: I could learn Spanish, Dee say one way like Jill Biden has.
Speaker 2: Perfect Michael, it's perfect. No, boy, on those of you are going with And there are some people who are in the radio station I'm hearing out there are going with that. Oh it was magical.
Speaker 3: Why what?
Speaker 1: What did what did you get out of that?
Speaker 2: You don't speak Spanish? I know you don't. What did you get out of that? You went and wanting to love it? You loved it.
Speaker 1: It's as simple as that. Human beings are ridiculous creatures.
Speaker 2: I'm not a fan. I actually would kind of like to know about the history of Puerto Rico over the last several decades. I'd probably be interested. I'd read an article about it in Spanish. No, not right, right? Would that'd be funny. Somebody hand me in here's the history of Puerto Rico since nineteen seventy that he was telling me about in Spanish. Okay, once again, this is of no use to.
Speaker 1: Be low quality hair did not impress me in mind that text line for one KFTC.
Speaker 2: My sister's name was Denise. She died of obecity at twenty five. He had a heart attack. I was so fat, nasty, I will eat anything. I was like three hundred and forty five pounds a quart of ice cream every hour. Okay, you can end U there. That's Mike Tyson during his Super Bowl commercial yester day. I didn't know Mike Tyson was ever three hundred and forty five pounds and of ice cream every hour.
Speaker 1: That's a hell wow. And it was we need to eat healthier ad from fah from the government. When was he that fat? I don't know, post retirement for boxing.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't we have known that? Wouldn't that have made the news? Or I got no opinions on Mike Tyson. He had his Broadway play, he'd had all these different things that he had. I don't remember remember being that fat.
Speaker 1: Apparently it was started in the original Hamilton, Right, he was in hangover.
Speaker 2: He was thin. What apparently it was from two thousand and nine to twenty ten that he was eating a court ice cream an hour or whatever. He said, Yeah, that he ballooned to over three hundred and fifty pounds. Wow, chip cookie dough.
Speaker 1: It's a fine ice cream, all right, blame him, all right, Fat Mike Tyson add to the end of that. Okay, Uh, it's interesting that the government paid for a Super Bowl ad eat better.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that's surprising. Starring Fat Mike Tyson.
Speaker 1: Yes, quick roundup of stories that are probably much more significant than the Super Bowl. Although the idea of a country so steeped its young people anyway in self loathing that it would do what we just did is that's a big story. But the new exciting Prime Minister Japan called for a snap election, which is the thing you can do in a parliamentary system, and got the biggest majority of seats since that government existed post World War Two. Huge mandate to bring Japan into the modern world and to stand up to China.
Speaker 2: Huge mandate.
Speaker 1: And interestingly, her support among the young is between low eighties to ninety percent.
Speaker 2: Among young voters. Wow, that's interesting. So this is where it gets complicated. If Japan is all in on, you ain't taken Taiwan and we're kind of eh, if China really wants it, they're going to get it. What are we going to watch Japan and China fight it out and not come to Japan's eight when we do have a treaty? Right? Where treaties are worth you know, anything on paper? Right? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It depends when it happens to and who's in office, obviously, as the president has.
Speaker 2: Near cartilanche for foreign policy.
Speaker 1: Moving along, a terrorist killed at least thirty one people in Islamabad, Pakistan, after entering a Shiite Muslim mosque opening and fire than debtening a suicide bomb, deadliest attack in the capital since two thousand and eight. The Sunni Muslims believed that that mosque in general, Pakistani Shiites are a human reservoir for potential recruits into Shiite militia groups fighting the Islamic State in Syria. But don't worry, Islam is just another religion like Christianity. The Iran negotiations have continued. Everybody's saying they've been very positive, although the US still and demands a complete dismantlement of its nuclear enrichment. An Iran says that zero enrichment will never be accepted by US, and in the Ukraine negotiations, Vladimir Zelenski says there is zero chance we will give up the entire don boss, and Putin says, unless you give up the entire down, boss, we have nothing to talk about. But everybody described those negotiations in positive ways as well.
Speaker 2: Putin bomb does some more apartment complexes yesterday, and maybe we'll talk about this.
Speaker 1: In the first of his kind decision, a federal jury in Arizona found Uber responsible for a woman's rape and ordered them to pay her eight point five million dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, how are they supposed to control every driver in the country.
Speaker 1: You'll have to stay tuned and or if you don't get our four, subscribe to our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 4: Armstrong and Getty