Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Player's Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Hecma Harrison, and Uie Scruggs.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Friday. It is the Players Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. All right, everybody, you are right here Frisco Texts, WBC Podcast Studio. We had three times Super Bowl champion Nate Newton joining us, big fellow, Thank you. Barry Church is out doing. Barry Church still living out that shyt cod bag. I'm mad at you, Barry Church.
Speaker 5: Use it.
Speaker 4: Hey, we got heck Ma Harrison here in the house. Hec Maherrison. Where you broadcasting tonight?
Speaker 2: Sir? I am in our gyalte just tonight broadcasting the Argyle versus Frisco Emerson.
Speaker 4: All right, so heck go on to Big TV tonight. I even knew it, Scrugs. I'm just merely here to facilitate the compensation.
Speaker 2: What the Grammy's Emmys? But you got like eighty nine of them? Yeah, sir, he lived, he'd have aged out the easiest going Q I ever know? Q right, I don't want to miss call them? No, I don't do that.
Speaker 3: Day.
Speaker 2: Well, now it's not Can I talk about aging out of a program? Did y'all see the way? And yesterday for Mike Tyson, I heard it was some swinging. Though there was some swinging. But let's cash our question, man, where Mike Tyson find them? Draws from you?
Speaker 5: Mike?
Speaker 2: You see it, man, Mike had on some suget eighteen year old underwemen. Hey, you can't wear him kind of at fifty eight years old. That's Mike. Man. Listen, that's iron Mike. Listen. No date I got, I got on some delude right now helped Mike out. Man, what's your thoughts? You got your thoughts? Looms?
Speaker 4: So Mike goes in there, he and Jake Paul come met each other and Mike Tyson does a choreographed w w E fake wrestling slat. Paul takes it and then he just kind of stands there like he's gonna do something. Then Mike as he hits him, he backs up and then the people jump in. This is chureo graph just like this whole fight. You know, Hey, look people gonna go there with that. They're going for entertainment. Yes, you're going to You're going to at and T saying to be entertained. Like when you went over there for WrestleMania, which they had it there twice. It was beautiful. I enjoyed it. This is the same thing. Two rounds, you know, eight rounds, two minutes a piece. But this, this, this is not boxing. We grew up with gentlemen. No, it is entertainment. This is sports entertainment, except they're calling it boxing.
Speaker 2: Oh I look at this one. I've been a game. I got a game to work. Are you going? What about you, big fella? I got a critic? No, I just I kind of gave up on boxing. Boxing ain't what it used to be, So I kind of gave up on it. I'm sorry I did, but it's not what it used to be. No. Yeah, I think a couple of us can get up, you know, put up a better scrap. No, it cannot. It's gonna be it's gonna be hard. It's gonna be hard to watch's hard to deal with seeing Mike. If Mike comes out and I guess it's two minute rounds. One thing is it's eight two minute rounds, So that benefits Mike. But I'm still at the point where, like, if I can't get this guy out by the first two rounds, he in trouble. He had trouble.
Speaker 4: It's fifty eight years old. Odds makers have sixty four percent in favor of Jake Paul winning. I know Jake Paul started off as a YouTuber and now he's turned into what's the what's the line we're using international international superstar, International superstar? Yeah, put your money on the international superstar who's younger. And I know he has hasn't fought real boxers, But you know, this is sports entertainment, sir, This is this is sports entertainment, and Mike Tyson is not a boxer anymore. He's a entertainer. And there's a check that comes with it. It's gonna be on Netflix, it's going to be at the most illustrious stadium in the United States of America. Jerry World, you got to see a show?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, guys, I didn't want I didn't mean to draw you off side. I just thought that was funny. I said to myself, man, you know what's fake? Though, I don't want to see the badness man on the planet like that.
Speaker 4: Sure paid him a good whoever whoever he wearing for free.
Speaker 2: Now, hey, sometimes you age out of certain programs. I see a certain thing, I like it looked out of me. But I just know better. I can't. I can't get in those.
Speaker 4: With a certain check you when we running, you ain't gonna do me like that you gonna do You're gonna tell me if they said, hey, heck, we're gonna pay you ten grand, throw Somesis on you.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 2: That's my middle name will be Hegvasati Harrison that Wait a minute, No, don't play around.
Speaker 4: Right right, So I'm sure they're not doing anything for free. Everybody getting something out of that. So you're wearing something like that and.
Speaker 2: It didn't have on his his uh black shoes, no socks, no hen I'm just saying like this, this, Mike Tyson, I do only you recognized, man, I don't even I mean, this is this is sad that man come talking about one of my heroes, one of the guys I absolutely love. Mike, love Mike big time. Mike Tyson fans breaking my heart. I just want to see him knock knock him out. Mike we all wear, all of us, fall of us, Mike all the all the fifty eight years, get it, we all.
Speaker 4: Were and Mike Tyson, in my opinion ask the room here. But in my opinion, the when you think about boxing, the boxing that that that I grew up on, he was the most dominant dude since Ali, where you just say, hey, boom, you've got to watch what this guy is doing in the ring, and the way he was was destroying people and he was he was fearful. So you know Ali, you know, and I love haggling now, I love but it was like that the essence of the or of everything is Ali. Then it was Tyson, and uh but he's not that anymore. Buster Douglass took that away and then when he tried to come back, and then holy Field took it away and it's not there since and so I get what he's doing now.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: You know, Mike made a lot of money, but you know, fell on sometimes and here's a check, and you know, hey, man, I ain't gonna be mad at the man for taking a check, but I I know what it is.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 4: This is not boxing, this is sports entertainment. And disguised his boxing when when what was the dude they brought it from mm A econo McGregor. When Coron McGregor fought fought Floyd Mayweather, I'm like, guys, first off, we know what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: He danced with He danced with him for about what four rounds. He carried, he danced, He.
Speaker 4: Carried Floyd Mayweather carried him and made it look good, and Floyd went out there and won to fight because at that point in time, we all knew Floyd wasn't fighting anybody, anybody close who could beat him.
Speaker 2: Now a different, different day. And here's the thing. It used to It used to mean something to be the heavyweight champion of the world. You know, and you like you the bad for real baddest man on the planet if you were the heavyweight champion, middleweight cool, who's the heavyweight champion? And those days are long gone. Man, you don't even consider those guys anymore to be you know, who's the w B O or WBC champion? I don't know. I don't know so either way, huh, Jake, Paul, No no way, no wait, hold on, hold on, hold on, I don't watch box And I told you the guys yes, that's why I ain't been in this conversation. But if you don't know who the WBO, w B A, but you know Jake Paul, I do know Jake Paul. That's who Champion is. That's who it is. That's who it is. I mean not he probably can tell us who is.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I mean it's what we said, perception is reality of part.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm trying to say. Just what I'm trying, bro, he is the bad this Jake Paul. Who if you walk in his room, I'll be like, who does this? Dude? Yeah, Jake Paul, Jake Paul.
Speaker 4: Which which which just goes to show us this is this is our mentality that that people who aren't even we're making stars out of people aren't stars like Kim Kardashian is famous for what But this is this is inciety we live in.
Speaker 2: I won't tell you, but what she's doing, it's a whole.
Speaker 4: Lot of people doing.
Speaker 2: But you know, but how ignorant I am, like, I can't tell you who? Jake Paul looked like, I can't tell you who. Miss Kardashian look like, yeah, yep, I'm being I'm so removed from that. Uh, I don't know what that world it is? People laughing and I have like I didn't know what this young lady who the tight end? Taylor Swift. I knew her name for twenty years, that name. When I first saw her, I asked my wife, I said, baby, who is that right there? She said, that's that's Taylor Swift. Yeah, I never knew. I'm sorry. I am so sorry, so Swift. Yeah, I am.
Speaker 4: The w B O Heavyweight Champion is uh Alexander Usick.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The IBF hits from Ukraine or somewhere.
Speaker 4: IBF Heavyweight Champion is Daniel Dubois. Uh huh, w b A is Usick and WBC is Usick as well.
Speaker 2: So okay, okay, now if they walk in this room, I couldn't take it and see there you go when I when I went, this is going to show how everybody world is different and and and people mad at miss Swift and upset and I'm like, I wish I was her. People like why because I can if people talking about they grew up with this young lady from when she was a young star. They grew up with her. You know how much money she has made? If she said, I'm wearing this dress and the manufacturer said, well, we want you to wear our dress. She said, I want a percentage of everything, you know, the money she's made. I don't know what she looked like, but there's a million people do just like Jake Paul the international superstar, he's got, you know, but this lady has a ton of talent though, Taylor Swift, Yes, I guess she does. I really guess.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I probably listen to her music and not even new Yeah you have yeah, so, but I ain't shamed. Hey, I'm old and goldie. So can we rock and roll the avatar? And even that you are not her?
Speaker 4: Avatar's got plenty of people out there that are doing it here. Money ain't football Cowboys hosting the Texans Nate when you play Monday Night? Was that was it?
Speaker 2: That was it? That was it?
Speaker 4: Man Monday in that. I always remember when you guys opened up the season of the Super Bowl season you had Washington come to town.
Speaker 2: I don't think we turned that too good without New No you did? We did? You won?
Speaker 4: That one?
Speaker 2: Is that? That was New York? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So it was it was No you guys. One night was on the way to winning the Super Bowl. Beat Washington, and then the next week you beat the Giants and Jimmy came in to the locker and said, hey, told you we beat them. All I want to hear about is the Giants. He was like, whatever, we're supposed to beat Washington. You know, spit the off season getting ready for Washington. Beat them at home in Texas Stadium, and then it was getting on the road to go take on the Giants there. But that was Monday night football was the thing. It's switched now now it's Sunday night football. So how do you view Monday night football knowing you used to play on that big stage.
Speaker 2: Now it's just about It's truly not about the date. It is about the game, because you had to earn the right to be on Monday night football. If you go back five or six years ago, eight years ago, when you were here announcers, when is the last time this team played on Monday night football. So when we got back to that role where we were good enough, even the Dallas Cowboys weren't good enough to have a set spot on Monday Night Football. And so when we got back to that, that was that was a huge thing. The world was watching, and all countries that had that ABC, NBC or whatever the network waves were watching. So that that was a very you know, you want to shine. And we went so far as players like like big fella, big fellows. This Pro Bowl night is all it's all Pro night. It's like what you're talking about, man, you got hey, what the world watching? Even the other players watching this way you get you where you rack up your numbers for the Pro Bowl. I'm like, okay, all right, yeah yeah, so I mean it met the world man.
Speaker 4: Nineteen ninety two, September seventh, twenty three to ten. You guys beat Washington and then the next week you went up to face the Giants and you beat them thirty four to twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now, Monday Night football they throw everybody on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. If you don't get on that own, the owner gonna check. They all gonna check. The big dog at the winter meetings like, hey, home boy, let me pull you to the side. Now.
Speaker 4: Sunday night football. Now is Sunday night football for you. Heck what Monday night means?
Speaker 2: It means everything. I mean the soundtrack to Monday Night Football. Yeah, come on, dog, it was Monday night. You knew you was getting the biggest matchup prime time, and it meant everything growing up to see those matchups. And now, like you said, everybody gets an opportunity to do it. But sometimes, man, you just still you're able to. Every random Monday Night you'll get a matchup that just makes you go, wow, man, this is just so good, especially when it starts on starts on Thursday, and then you get those prime titles, great games on Sunday and Monday Night. It's just a cherry on top. Like but you do what you said Sunday night. Now it's kind of that. You know, everybody that's the one that matters. But no, man, it's Monday Night is everything. I'm in a I'm in that vein of the Dallas Cowboys getting their first home victory. When when is that drop gonna come to an end? That has to come to to a stop. Guys, this fan base is in disarray with all this losing at home and it's just if nothing but for your base, we gotta have this one at home. Mate. Yeah, that just just a turnaround. This Monday Night thing could be a big, a big turnaround. But I'm telling you, man, you got me thinking about it my day when we used to ball bro you you if you wanted to change something, if you want to change the narrative about your team, if you wanted, because nine time out of team ten, you were that team that were on the rise. I mean truly or not not okay, you just drafted a host of good players, but you were truly on the rise like Detroit was last year. You can rest assured. It is how a couple of Monday days to show the world, we're gonna put you on display, to show the world at the Motor City ready, ready to rise up. And I remember them times, man, when we was making that track back because we was we was premium twelve o'clock. I mean you, I tell my dad, Hey, we hard to miss twelve o'clock Dad, one o'clock your time, Florida. You know so because you you just popped up on TV. Everybody popped up at twelve right after church. Everybody go sit on and watch the Cowboys get beat up by the NFC East. And then when that thing.
Speaker 4: Went to changing from the three ye three and thirteen, Yeah, the Landry one and fifteen under Jimmy, Yeah, seven and nine under Jimmy then and will by time we got the coach, Coach Johnson, I thought that was only football that came on TV was at twelve o'clock.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, man, to the point now where we do shows. I be mad because we ain't playing at twelve o'clock, But I forget. You ain't good if you playing ten twelve games at twelve o'clock. If you playing twelve games at twelve o'clock, ain't that good? You ain't that good.
Speaker 4: Technically, the Cowboys scheduled for just three noon games this year.
Speaker 2: Just yeah, yeah, you know, there was supposed to have been something special this year, regardless of what we're doing now, you know what. And I've never had a conversation with you about the one to fifteen season, and how how depressing that one to fifteen season must have been as a player going through that, trying to give away tickets, begging your friends to take the tickets, and they act and they're asking you where the tickets located. And I put on my phone right now. My dad got mad at me. I put on my phone, Hello, this is Nate Newton at this time, right now, y'all don't want these tickets for the Dallas Cowboy. But if it does happen to change, please don't call me because you will not get tickets.
Speaker 4: From your answering machine back.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah. I used to be I used to be hot because I was born I'm a Cowboys fan. Now all of a sudden, I get to Dallas and nobody want sees tickets. But when we turned that thing around, when we became Monday Night Ready, the phone kept ringing. They wanted that, they wanted them. Man, shame people. You know, they didn't get them. You know they didn't get them.
Speaker 4: You were you were a tougher man on folks back then.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I was a cusser, a drinker, a razor, a womanizer, whatever you needed me to be. That was wrong and not right. That was Nate knew living. And I thought I was living a high life. Oh yeah, I did it all and it ain't shame or none of it.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: Fifteen And that was for me. I'm telling you, I was growing up that that season, particularly for me, was so bad, just that we were getting beat by everybody. You know, good turned off.
Speaker 4: Good because I'm beating in the preseason.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, up, beating in the preseason.
Speaker 4: The first game wasn't that bad and defeated was a super do was twenty eighth to nothing. Yeah, so it wasn't that bad. Okay, rough one, rough one, but then.
Speaker 2: Just an eye opener for coach Johnson. Coach Johnson, you're talking about we did not know. We knew he was tough coming through training camp because y'all saw as we came through training camp, blood bath, every day, war nutrition. Whoever make it out, make it out, you know. But when we lost that game, that was the shortest, ugliest. Never want to get on the plane with this guy again. Ride you ever want to see man? Yeah? Oh, I mean he wasn't speaking to nobody. Everybody thought it was gonna get released, but I think it was more importantly he was shocked. He knew we had a lack of talent, but he was overwhelmed. He was like, I can't believe we have one thing about it. I was always that guy trying to get an ear and so when I heard this, I can't believe we lacked We like this type of talent, and that was his thing. He had an eye for talent, and well he and he just kept every Tuesday, he just kept our lockers full full with other players. I mean you you walk in there, man, and two guys, not one, two guys changing clothes at your locker. And after the second week, you know, hey, man, how you doing that?
Speaker 5: All?
Speaker 2: You know? Hey, you know this is my locker? Can I get over here in the corner get changed? It was ugly man, he was not playing. Uh. You had to have the ultimate confidence in your plan ability. You had to check yourself, like you know, I'm not saying these guys and I hate to classify these guys with us because they can't be classified with us. But a lot of the things you're hearing week or after week after week that can easily be fixed, you know by I know the cap allows you not to touch maybe ten or fifteen players, I understand that, but the other thirty five would be touched. You got to send a mention message. You got to change the culture. Why receiver was running in the same zones, Guys not completing games and twisting stunts that can be rectified. People say it's a new era. Yes, it is a new era. Kids understand more money, even more now today than we did because of lack of it, and get them streets and find out your friends ain't your friends. That's a motivator. That's a motivator.
Speaker 4: Get our first break in here. We're a little late. I want to touch on the tackle position for the Cowboys currently right now, it's an issue. It is an issue. We'll do that next with three times Super Bowl champion named Newton. Heck Harris is here on new scouks. This is the play is not brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com. Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 6: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 7: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately i've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 8: Prescott kits it slide for the first.
Speaker 7: Down, make your icons where everyone is a rookian crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 8: Perfect brow My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 2: Stay connected with the Dallas Cowboys on your connected TV. Catch up on all the Dallas Cowboys content like player interviews, weekly TV shows, podcasts, docuseriies like Deep Blue, and much more. Download the Cowboys now app on Amazon, Fire, Roku, and Apple TV.
Speaker 4: Het Harrison appreciate you. You are in the Players Lounge, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. Nate Newton, three times Super Bowl Champion, joining us here. Barry Church will be back on Tuesday. Cowboy Games Monday against Houston at Jerryworld, so we will be off that day. So there's your programming note. All right, Nate, Let's get into the tackle situation as the Cowboys get ready to go face Houston and their defensive minded coach, head coach Demiico, Ryans, Tyler Gouiden draft in the first round. Tyler Guiden's missed some games. You're awesome, Richards, a third day pick that they'd taken out in North Carolina a couple of years ago. He ended up playing some left tackle, showed himself well. Then he got Terrence Steele on the right side, and this year has not been Terrence Steele's best season. How do you view this tackle position heading into twenty five? In your opinion, what should the Cowboys be looking at it? Oh, by the way, too, Manydoga, is he is down back in terms of being able to practice and work with team.
Speaker 2: I just I just you just stuck where you're at, Tyler Goiden, Tyler Smill, Cooper, Zach Martin is Stell. That's where you're at Austin, Which is you swing tackle? I just think you cannot And I would say our preference this Nate is saying this. I will not play games with the left tackle that Tyler Guiden. I will not play games with him. You either got to give him this year, you know, to see can he really improve himself, Go into training camp, give him some snaps in preseason, and see where he's at. Because one thing you cannot do because you put Austin Richards back at that left tackle, especially against what's coming in here this week and danail Hunter, who's a This dude is a he's nice. I'm gonna put it like that. And he handles his bitness against the nail Hunter. That's the end of the Tyler Guidon era at left tackle. That's the end of that. Now you have to look at him in a different position. So you have to give him every chance, because it's nowhere in the world potential can ever beat performance. If you start letting potential be performance, you'll never have success, not on the NFL field. So they're gonna have to let Tyler got instead the left and ride it out. Because if you put Austin Richards in that he does another nice job. That's the end of that story. You got to try him somewhere else. Now, Adoga, when you're a veteran guy four or five, six years in and you stay on the injury reserved list, you to me, you're a non player. All you can be to me is a backup, a swing tackle, play some guard. That's all you can be for me, because your history, your history, gives me nothing. Coach Johnson always said, the fat player the player can't play and the injured player are all the same. You don't get on the field, you can't give me nothing. That's how I feel about that still hasn't recovered. He had a great year, got injured last year, played through injury, admirable great this year here and see I never understood because I was came up through the Landry and all of the other era. I never understood. But where you can say, wow, this kid is a great kid. But on the field, he's not a great player. He's gonna have to make a tremendous jump here in the next six or seven weeks, He's gonna have to make a tremendous jump, you know. And are you have to? Are you have to open that position up for competition too? I guess my my thing with what you just said is you saw last week and usin Richards like in a very in that simple size that you have from that one game, you saw what he has. You saw that the fight that he that he put up with put up You've been looking for that in guiding, and I like that. I mean potential beats performance. This is I mean, you can look at several other picks first round picks on this roster that you would say the same thing with that the performance had matched what the potential is. But if if you're a team that has a guy like Austin Riches on it and he's been on the bench as bad as your offensive line is played, it's limited some of the things that you could do offensively because you've been getting whooped up front, and particularly how inconsistent you've been at the left tackle. So Nate for me, I guess I'm asking if you have a guy, you got two guys literally, one you drafted lower around, one you drafted in the first round, that you want to make sure that he's your future. But if right now you're not getting it, you're not seeing it, and you're saying, oh, by the way, this other guy is giving us more there at the left tackle, when do you start drawing the lines like, look, I don't know. My thing is this. I've seen it down around here where they play two guys in a game. I've seen it down around here where they play I don't believe in switching in and out offensive lineman. But as of last week, that is that is, that is the only other way that it. He truly coach said something about competition. The only way you can truly have competition is now is the game. You have to put a guy in the game. But I would say this, you have to go back with Tyler Geydon. You have gave up a major asset. You have gave up an asset that is so powerful that it changes it can change your your future. If this kid go through this year and he's that same guy and Austin Richards get in the training camp, which Austin Richards to me, beat him out in training camp. He was the better player to me in training camp. I asked coach to Laurie and he always kind of smiled, never gave me an answer. Oka. And so because you know, I know, I'm thinking what I see is kind on the right. When I came on you guys show, it was always you at the time you was a training camp. I was like, man, this kid need to work on this technique. This kid technique is bad. And I'm talking about Tyler Goyden. Austin Richards wasn't that much better than him, but the advantage he had on was two or three hundred reps at the position more left tackle against Parson against d law. He getting this while guiding is hurt half the time, are sick, so he's getting these reps. That's why I liked it, Austin Riches, not that I thought he was more talented. He don't have the quick feet. If as Riches had the quick feet that this kid Goton had, well he'd have been a first round pick. If he was big and long like him, he'd have been that guy. But he's not. He had to work at it, and he worked at it. So one but one game does not make you a superstar, not in this league. Because I would like to say, se Austin, just go two or three more games, let's see how fares. But he he has earned the right to play for this team. I'm just so nervous now that he may not get a chance to play either left tackle or left guard. And then when his contract up, he's upset and want to leave. No, he go somewhere and get an opportunity to play. And so that's what scared me. He get the opportunity to go somewhere and play, and then he turned into a hell of a player. Yeah, yeah, so that a tricky thing. You asked a great question, but a dooga is the one person. No, and they and now that I look back, they tried everything in their power to start a dooga. He just not he just wouldn't stay healthy. They tried everything in their power to start a Dogah.
Speaker 4: When I had this conversation earlier this week, I want to throw it to you who we spoke about. As you looking at twenty five. If Richards plays well left, do you take guiding and put it back it right?
Speaker 2: Yes, you do. You don't even think twice about it, So problem solve the problems. Hey, you don't even think twice about it. There you go. Hey, you don't think two birds one stone. You just handled that. Yeah. See the thing is we are not over there. And that's why I always preference. This is how Nate does it. This is how I see it. I see it. If Austin Ridges was to play again and does fairly well at that left tackle, then you don't have to say a word. Still already know, see players know before coaches know. All you got to do is make one significant move and we already we start putting the numbers together. We're not stupid, right, They're like, oh still, oh cap it? Yeah? Players, no man, player, me and him. We don't argue, but I get he knew. He know how I feel about Zach Martin and what is happening to him with his drop off. You didn't think Zach knew before everybody else. You didn't think Zach knew in training camp. Oh, I ain't got the feet I used to have. I ain't as strong as I used to have used to be, and now my back is hurt now bad. But his heart, that's one thing about it. We grow older, but our heart don't seem to grow older.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's get our last break in here. We got to give you the yetti cool customer for Monday night's game.
Speaker 2: Gotcha yetty? Yeah you yetty cool customer got Oh yeah, I got them. Kyle Yomas was throwing them out this past game and I kept a big old yetti yeah freelin nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we didn't get that. We can get Hepan, Harrison mab This is the Players Lounge, brought to you by Rister Crack Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: Hey Danny McCrae, here for Smoothie King.
Speaker 5: You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut, and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new coconuts smoothie bowls only a Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated Colster cankuler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Coowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys Collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss Hugo Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 8: Raisin Caines presents the other rules of Football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkled cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day. Caines rules raising Caines Chicken Fingers One Love Go Cowboys, Back to.
Speaker 11: The players, Loude Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 2: Amanda Foster has been named Your twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboy Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game. Vote for Amanda to be named the Ultimate NFL Fan of the Year at NFL dot Slash Fan of the Year.
Speaker 4: All right, heck, Marris, appreciate you a uh. We got Nate Newton three times in Bowl Champion. Here in the players, I was brought to you by Ristocrat Gaming. I'm nui scrug. So time for our YETI cool customer. This is the player or players that have to be cool under pressure if the Cowboys are gonna pick up their first home win of twenty twenty four. Heckma start with you.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with Micah Parsons for my YETTI cool customer. He's gonna have to have a better game. I mean, obviously two sacks last week. We got to put in another performance. And you have got to help against this run. We've already talked about Joe Mixon and what he can do. You're gonna have to shut down. You're gonna have to shut down this running game from Houston if you're gonna have any success. Right now, my man Stroud, you know he is everything he does is activated off of the play action. So if C. J. Stroud gets going in this game at any point, it's because Joe Mixon is going. And the only person that I can think of that could be disruptive in that situation is my man, Michael Parsons, my Yetti cool customer. You love big playability? Right? Yeah? Do I love consistency? Give me over shown all right?
Speaker 4: Over Showing is Nate yet he cool.
Speaker 2: Sea. That's why I say we don't argue. Now, we don't argue because he ended If we having to argument, he'll end it with what little I know about here champions job hit me with that. I don't want to hear that thing, the thing that we talked about on the show earlier. If over Shown ever learned to break down, I didn't hear. Yeah we did. If he ever learned to break down, he'd be flying. But right now he is that guy where you ever heard the coach saying you didn't do exactly like I want, but you were going one hundred miles. Yes, so you can teach a kid like that. And so I don't know what that YETI YEI besides drinking a good cool drink out of it, But that dude there. I like overshowing, and I was not sold on him. You know I wasn't. I was not. Boy, he's made a believe out of me. He is one of the few bright spots. And I got a boy seven to eight, but he's one of the He's the shining is.
Speaker 4: Like may Yetti cool customer is going to be The offensive line last week had forty nine yards of passing. If they're going to do anything at all, even try to get ric o' Downald going, they've got to be better up front. They got a block, got to open up some holes, got to be better. And it's a challenge because Demiico ryans the company. They go test them. So if the offensive line doesn't hold up, then next thing you know, you're punting the ball and your defense is gonna be on the field for thirty three minutes. And that's a recipe for disaster.
Speaker 2: Nate, this is the most active defensive line to this date. I don't care if it's Pittsburgh, I don't care if it's the Ravens. I don't care if it's Cleveland. I'm talking about pound for pound the most. This kid, Tim Sis, he's a beast. He is nice number ninety one. I cannot pronounce, but they I guaranteed to hit four or five between them plays for losses. They they are at You can get on them and it don't matter. You can have your hands inside your head, play side and have stepped the correct way. And he they these kids are active. I don't know where they get them from or how they found them. They are the most under talked about two tackles in this league. They are They are nice, and we are nice.
Speaker 4: We all know what The forty nine ers have had their magic against the Cowboys recently, and Dimiico Ryans comes out of that. They're gonna run some of that system there, so they know the blueprint to beat the Cowboys. So it's gonna be tough. All right, let's get to picking some games here, Christie, you got totals right, we're all tied up right?
Speaker 2: Actually, oh we're not.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 12: We we dropped a couple of games last week. He can you drop a couple of games last week? Five and four last week? And and Newie they decided to do the same picks. It looks like seven and two for both of them. So so far we got thirty eight and twenty six for Newie and Church and thirty seven and twenty seven four.
Speaker 2: Heckbount, I'm down by one. You down by one, down by one.
Speaker 4: We got two one one, you got one.
Speaker 2: I was scared last night. I was scared last night. But now you're down two because you said Washington dead queen turned back into dad queen.
Speaker 4: Yeah he did, Yes he did. We got we got some good games this.
Speaker 2: Week.
Speaker 12: Since Church hasn't sent me his picks in yet because he's probably drinking a mohito somewhere.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he joink. I am going to.
Speaker 12: Let the Great Nate Newton make churches picks.
Speaker 2: Church forgive me, all right, you guys ready for this? Yeah? Okay, first game up? We got a good one.
Speaker 12: Baltimore at Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: Okay, Pittsburgh.
Speaker 12: Baltimore is favored by three, Baltimore favored by three.
Speaker 2: On the road.
Speaker 4: Man, I really really really really really want to take Russ, but I'm gonna go with Baltimore winning this one twenty one to nineteen.
Speaker 2: Chris, won't you pick for him? Man? I can't pick the game. What are you talking about? I don't know the players. Come on, I'm just.
Speaker 4: Get BC said he'll send him in.
Speaker 2: Ok. Yeah, yeah, Well, I don't want to mess up a pick BC a whole against me, man, the whole. Who would you Who would you pick? Who? Me? Yeah? Who would you pick? I like the Ravens and I like everything about him and Lamar's having a super year. But I just like the grid and grittedness of everything about Tomlin, So I would pick Tomlin. Them easy us, you might, I might have them out. I'm gonna go with the Ravens on this. Man, I'm not gonna mess this one up. Let me you mess up. Yeah, I did twenty I'm gonna go twenty four, twenty four to twenty two. It's go be close, all right.
Speaker 12: We got Rams traveling all the way across the country to the New England Patriots.
Speaker 2: Rams. Okay, Rams, I've seen them in live color. I'm gonna go with the Rams too, You gotta I'm gonna go with the Rams. I will go. It's to be this can't be ugly. I'll go twenty three seventeen, this one, twenty one seventeen, Rams twenty one seventeen.
Speaker 4: Be the Rams to win this one twenty six to twenty all right.
Speaker 12: Next game I got is Atlanta at Denver. Oh man, we got Denver by.
Speaker 2: Two Atlanta at Denver, Yes, yes, oh yeah, oh yeah. Sean Payne gonna have that boy, right shamp Sean Paynton bringing that kid on nice two touchdowns, baby, yeah, yeah, this is war, my boy, throw two picks. What time do they play?
Speaker 4: I said, Denver so three, It's gonna be afternoon five, So I've cut that down by seven.
Speaker 2: So twenty one, twenty eight, all right, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go Denver on this too, Go Denver, I'll go Denver twenty seven to twenty.
Speaker 4: Broncos winning any close one nineteen seventeen here.
Speaker 12: Yeah, all right, we got this Cincinnati at the Chargers.
Speaker 2: I ain't never so Barry. I know you're hating. I'm glad. I ain't picking for you. I ain't going against Burrows. Come on, Burrows upset upset twenty one, No. Thirty one, twenty seven, thirty twenty seven. Yeah, now I'm gonna I'm gonna go with BC people. I'm gonna go with his other other boys. I'm going with the Chargers on this one, and I will go thirty. I'ma go thirty one. I'm gonna go thirty one, twenty four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chargers win this one.
Speaker 2: I'm going so you've believing in the coach and you've be leave it in the quarterback because I'm believing in the quarterback. You know what, I'm committing.
Speaker 4: The coaches now knows how to coach for well, he's a he's a head coach.
Speaker 2: Yes he is. They run the ball, Yes you are saying they are only No. I just like to coach Stu. But I love some Boroughs. I love him Broye.
Speaker 4: The problem is Joe Burrows. They don't play defense over there.
Speaker 2: So yess sir, I agree one hundred percent, but I love Boroughs.
Speaker 4: Thirty four to twenty.
Speaker 2: Trade half this tea for that cat boy.
Speaker 4: Thirty eight Chargers.
Speaker 12: She's all the last, well the second last one I gave you.
Speaker 2: This is a big one.
Speaker 12: Could be the potential to try to get this team off the.
Speaker 4: Try to get them from being undefeated all year.
Speaker 12: Kansas City at Buffalo.
Speaker 2: I don't care, I don't care. I don't care. Give me Kansas City. I don't care. Certain quarterbacks I roll with to the end my homes from home in that defense seventeen to twelve. Now, man's this City. Chiefs I'm rolling with them. I like that. That sounds good, it's convincing. But I'm going with Buffalo would be all wrong. All I probably wan't win a game. Well, Buffalo, I'll go. Let's go twenty twenty four to twenty. Don't count of the coach, don't kind of the divisive cording.
Speaker 4: No, not to what Big Jones into the Buffalo in the Dallas Warning News picks. This is when they need. I think there's this kind of stinch that's been hanging over Buffalo since that Kansas City playoff game. So this is the kind of game I think they get up there. I think Kansas City has gotten away with a couple of which is what you do when you when you have this kind of run. So give me a twenty four to twenty three game.
Speaker 2: Buffalo Buffalo. Okay, I'm probably picking all runs. Please these ain't for Barry, Please head them.
Speaker 12: He just Center picks.
Speaker 2: Thank you. When it comes to the.
Speaker 4: Cowboys Monday Night, Barry's picked the Cowboys to lose to Houston twenty one fourteen. I got the Cowboys losing thirty one seventeen, and that leaves you hecking me.
Speaker 2: I'm picking the Texans thirty the six. But y'all gonna be so shocked at Coach McArthur is sticking to his word with ric o'donal with thirty one carriers, twenty one runs and ten catches out of the backfield. So when we do this thing, when we do this, when we roll like that, we move, we show dog side to side. I'm trying to win Newie over. I know.
Speaker 4: I you got Mike Tyson in two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna pick the fight. What you said, it's all the show. You said, it's all the way show. You got to fight Jake Paul. Who you got to fight? Oh Am, I going with Mike Tyson. I'm gonna get my head knocked off. Go with Jake Paul, get my head knocked off. I'll tell you I ain't good pick good at picking nothing.
Speaker 4: So that is all right for Chris Bean.
Speaker 2: Josh. She appreciates Barry.
Speaker 4: Church who somewhere out here, Nate Newton, appreciate you coming in. Maharrison new Scruggs. Have a great weekend, everybody.
Speaker 2: I'm guaranteed you to have a losing record.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys football Club