Speaker 1: Flame Flame. If you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name Flame my bro also known as my Roe Flame. Come in with last and come in with Jim Love loundes. Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tips? Yeah you know? She raised shot towns on speaking to the grown a second year. We're gonna last, coming and kicking and at the end we leave it with just a lift you spirits speak. You want to revisit so your first second listen, young folks, so you slip, oh folks that we dig it. Hey, no fish do what you do? Ca no this do what you do?
Speaker 2: Can't?
Speaker 1: No fish do what I do? No this.
Speaker 3: Week, Hey, hey, hey, this is flam Monroe and welcome to this week's episode of Laugh and Learn along with my great producer mister Aaron and we got a special guest co host today.
Speaker 2: I bring me in at the Man.
Speaker 3: But right now I just want to tell you guys, thank you for joining us. I am a little delayed. It's been a week y'all. When I tell y'all from last Thursday, the thirteenth, un two yesterday I can tell you right now my life has been a roller coaster. Rat I had. I was in a rental car that had an electrical fire that burned up fans, my iPhone, uh, some drags, some costumes, some gowns, some weeks, some other things that I will not mention that y'all ain't y'all be It is my my panties.
Speaker 2: So but thank god, we were not in the car. We were at an event.
Speaker 3: We were at Chris Spencer's one hour taping, which was fantastic, and it just jeep Wrangler, Chrysler. You got to do better. But you will do better because I got a trick for your ass, so get ready for it. I can't talk about it publicly, but y'all get y'all get the affidavia. And then my daughter's out of control, found out we have to move. We don't have to move out of our house to another house. It's just a lot going on in the world, so in my personal life. But I am here today, and I wish I was here On a happy note, on a joyful note, I'm usually a pretty pleasant person. But the world has become so great and so dark than the last four or five days so while it was happening to me personally, it was also happening to America on a different level.
Speaker 2: When we're going to get to that, and I got my.
Speaker 3: Very special guests, who I think is pertinent and very important to have on this part of this conversation today because she's a white woman and the experiences for her. We're watching the same thing, but our experiences can be very different. But in this situation, I don't know that it's very different. It's just the situation were just different skin colors. So ladies, young, please help me. Welcome my friend and yours Flayman for Life and one of my smartest claimants, the one and only Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 1: Why thanks for having me again.
Speaker 3: It's like fifty people screaming but they can't hear me. Yeah, of course, how are you, Bobby? How's everything in Boston?
Speaker 1: Everything is pretty good. We just had the We just had the Boston Marathon. It was the ten year anniversary of the bombing, so that was pretty emotional.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems like only a couple of years ago because it's still fresh.
Speaker 2: In my mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does, it is. It's so it's so triggering. Netflix put out a pretty interesting three part docuseries that I watched. I wasn't sure if I was going to. In fact, I had to. I had to keep shutting it off and getting it up and getting down because it's amazing how much something can like trigger you or make you nervous. Because we were really even though I don't directly touch Boston, they had all of us. Governor Patrick had us all in our houses with our doors locked. You know, anybody within a twenty mile radius. It was pretty It was pretty amazing. It was it was an interesting docusaries if people are interested in it.
Speaker 2: Crazy, yeah, I listen.
Speaker 3: First of all, I never wanted to run a marathon, and after these bombings that at the Boston Minison, that really deterred me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well it was enough. I didn't want to run, but m I got to run and be shut up.
Speaker 3: I'm good.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't even want to get out of the car and walk into stopping shop. I'm exhausted those little scooters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I don't look. I don't even want to be in the vicinity. Y'all run bike rad jump our walk way. I gotta go jumped in my car. But Bobby, you know what was so tragic about that.
Speaker 3: That's ten years ago, and now we're experienced something that with the n RA and these gun laws just not being looked at, just being made an asterisk or footnote.
Speaker 2: It has gotten out of control.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: It's so many crazy shootings now for people accident to mind you, these are accidentally going to the wrong addresses, driving up in the wrong driveway, making them. And mind you, sometimes it's not even our fault because we were right down our era. We wrote down the richest because our eraror me and Bobby was pre phone, pre internet, So in order for somebody to give you directions, you had to write down turn left for this corner, turn right at this landmark, turn turn right and left at this streeting corner. But now GPS will send you directly to where you want to go. Here's the issue. Sometimes GPS is glitchy and will send you to the wrong get dress.
Speaker 1: They certainly will. Oh, they will send you over the river and through the woods. I always put the fastest. I'm like on the scene. I mean, it's absolutely crazy where it has you go. Take a lot, one way, take a lot.
Speaker 3: They trying to control the whole world with AI, but AI still is glitchy Ie that car that I was in last week, my car is in the shop for the exact same reason why they said my car was not a limit, but then you gave me a rental car that did the exact same thing. Mistakes happened, accidents happen, but people dying because you accidentally weighing the wrong doorbell or went to the wrong driveway. Do you know that a bone? Ladies Jehovah's Witness Girl, Scout cookies and trick and treating are now a thing of the past, because who's going to risk walking up to a stranger's home and ringing the doorbell and facing murder or or maiming or you know, paralysis or whatever. It is out of control, and it has happened a couple of times this week. So I want to start with the young lady, twenty year old young in upstate New York. Her name was Kaylin Gillis. She was riding with friends. They were going to a party. They pulled in the driver driveway of man's home. He was on the porch, Kevin Monahan, that's his name, correct, yep, and he shot and killed the girl.
Speaker 2: He's on the porch, she's in the car.
Speaker 1: No, the gauge shotgun with a twelve gage shotgun, like not even like she was an animal.
Speaker 3: So do you know and do you know what kind of damage a twelve gauge thus the hole that it leaves in a body.
Speaker 1: She was so tiny From the few pictures we've seen, she looks like if she weighed one hundred pounds silk and wet, you know that would have I can't even imagine he got off and just shot started shooting at the car. These poor kids flame. I think of how panicked they must be. They were an upstate New York where the cell phone reception is so horrific that that they couldn't even get nine one one on the phone. They had to go to the next town. By the time they got to the next town, when they called nine one one, they had the paramedics meet him and they pronounced the poor baby dad right there in the car. Can you imagine now he has been he has been uh charged with second to remurder. But it's not going to bring that mother's baby back.
Speaker 2: It's not going to bring the person who was drug because she was a passenger.
Speaker 3: She wasn't even the driver. Imagine sitting with your friends in the carbaby and you watch one of your friends get the light blown out of it. Oh my god, the damage that I've done to the other people in the car will go on forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I kind of even.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's mind boggling. I'm glad they charged him. I don't think he should have been charged with second degree murdered. I think he should have been charged with first degree murder. She hadn't got out the car. She technically she was on his property, but she was in a passenger in the car with the driver. Not that I'm phoning the driver. But this is why the gun laws need. This is why and I already need to have some control of the gun laws. But at this point you're never going to get all the guns from people. People have arsenals. We discussed that before on here. It is too And you were telling me the most disturbing story i'd heard about somebody that said had two year old had a gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what she was on. I think it was the Chris Formo show who she calls in and she said, well, I've already got my two year olds. You probably know the weapon some hand done, and she already had a shotgun to get them started. I'm like, started for what. I didn't even let my kid play with just just any type of playgun because I didn't want to remember picking something up and you know, thinking he pointed at somebody and harm them in case it was a BB gun, put somebody's eye out or whatnot. The crazy thing about New York is they don't even have the stand your ground laws they have. They have a very broad version of I don't know, duty to retreat. I believe that calls when you you know, you think you're in trouble, you remove yourself. So this guy, I don't know what he's going to go on, you know what he's going to try to And you actually had a very good point where just popped in my head is you shouldn't be second agree murder. Maybe not because if you were sitting on the porch with a gun waiting for somebody, that's a plan.
Speaker 2: Right, You're sitting on your porch.
Speaker 3: You didn't go in the house to get the gun because and not according to the report, you were already sitting on the porch, but the gun you you were waiting for something to happen. So they can go down. Now, here's the thing, both Caucasian. But the other story where the black guy was killed with the white We're gonna get to that story. We you know, this guy's only charge with I think he charged with third degree mans slaughter and something else with more charges may be pinning because it's going to be attempted murder because the young man's have added.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll get to that story down the line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is barbaric to me that these gun laws have not changed, and it's happening more and more and more accidents happened by b I have went at the grocery store on the phone or just distracted, coming out pushing my car, walked to a car that looked like the car that I was driving at the time, and had went to the door and actually pulled on the door, you know, and we're.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, you have.
Speaker 3: The wrong damn car, you know, because most cars now all you have to have is the key on your person. And the doors were open, So I'm pulling and pulling like what and so it looked like I'm trying to break in because I'm pulling and pulling. But I didn't pay attention that I met the wrong car. So many cars look exactly alike.
Speaker 1: I've done that myself. My mother reminded me of time as a child, but I did it. Like twenty years ago, we didn't necessarily lock our drawers as much. We didn't. I mean, obviously we had violence and we had crime and whatnot, but we didn't. I got all the way in the car, seatbelt on, put the keys in, and my key wouldn't go in, and I'm like, what in the world. I just have a much to look in the backseat and there was amends and unfortunately didn have a in my life at the time. There was a man's baseball cap and I went, this isn't mine. So I hopped out and I had no issue, which is which is sort of what our next? Our next? Uh said of the cheerleaders that you know, the next topic is going to be the same type of thing that happened to them.
Speaker 3: And they were at a great school, and uh where was it in Texas? It was in oh.
Speaker 1: Some private yeah, some some some cheerleaders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they went to the wrong car, young the wrong car and got shot and oh my god, they didn't break They weren't even trying to break here. And you know when somebody is up to violence or up to no good, they look on their face, they look in their eyes. These were just young girls after practice went them and they got shot and shot.
Speaker 1: It is in the driver's sept and looked over and there was a man in the car. And she must have looked around and realized it wasn't her car, and it hopped out well that her car. The man came up. It was a Carlo Pedro Rodriguez, he's twenty five, came up to their car. So she rolled the window down to apologize to him, and he took He just went off with his handgun.
Speaker 3: And this is the climate of the world that we live in. Not only is it is it anger or resentment, it is fear. Everybody is afraid of everybody afraid. We're afraid of kids because kids, especially in Chicago, my hometown, they jacking you at eleven and twelve years old at the gas station. They're setting you up. They'll ask you for some change, or they'll pull if you pull them into park to go into the gas station or pull the gas They'll pull in front of you and behind you and a carra will pull it on the side of you, so you can't get away. It is, Bobby, It is so crazy right now in Alabama.
Speaker 2: Just happened.
Speaker 3: This just happened in Alabama, four k on the fifteenth, four kids were shot going a car in a car.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Bobby. I just I have children, and when I hear about kids, my kids age, I think that could be my fucking kid. That could be one of my kids. And I would not survive it. I think I'm a strong person, but I would not survive something like that. I don't believe happened to my My heart couldn't take it because I'm over it. So going to hard because I'm not gonna make a long episode because I'm feeling very emotional today. We're going to go to Kansas City, Missouri. Sixteen year old Ralph y'all beautiful young man, intelligent and smart and not not that any of that matters. He could have been the worst kid on the planet. He was still a sixteen year old kid went to the wrong house to meet his siblings and according to the man who shot him, he said he rang the doorbell, but a cod to the kid who is survived and is still alive, thank you Jesus and coherent, and it's on the road to recovery. He said, he never even touched the door handle. He never got a chance to ring the doorbell. As soon as he hit the porch, eighty four year old Andrew Lester shot him in the head one time and then shot him in the arm the second time. Bobby, that is so unfathomable to me that you couldn't call the police. You couldn't say get away from my door. You wasn't in the house. You were just on the porch. And the sad part to me, as a black person in this country, because the Constitution made us as black people only three fifths of a person, I don't think that Andrew Lester saw that this kid looked like a ten, eleven, twelve year old kid. In the face. All he saw was the color black. And he shot not once, and the first shot landed in his head. That wasn't enough. He had to shoot him again. The saddest part of that whole story to me, Bobby, was the boy ran off and ran to two neighbors' homes that denied him. So that whole little neighborhood, at least the surrounding area. Thing like they all had the same mindset of how they thought. It was the third person's house that he went to. He made it to three people's house after being shot twice, once in a head and the person who he laid on the ground bleeding and dad, the lady thought that he was dead. That's why she called because I'm not even sure if she would have tried to help him. He was still like he passed out, so she thought he was dead. Bobby white Man, black boy. He's out of bond. He's out on bond for two hundred thousand dollars. I don't know what his financial situation is, but I do know that that is a different level of racism in that age demographic. Let me say this, and say this clearly famous because y'all know I'm fair and you know i'm a give I'm not giving him a pass, but I want to see the whole picture. That age demographic is a different level of racism than our age demographic from fifty to sixty. That one was eighty. They grew grew up in a whole different mindset. That's not to say that what he did was right at all, but damn, you couldn't have called now one one, you couldn't have called the police. But when they don't see a person, they only see a color. That is where we are right now. I want them to take everything from this man. I want them to take everything that he has worked for his entire life, his home, his savings, his PINCHI and everything, because I just don't think it's right. He's out of jail on two hundred thousand dollars a bund. Do I think anything is going to happen to him? I think because he's he's that old, he's that old racist in that demographic, that he would die before going to jail. That that is my take on it. That is how I feel. But I want to hear from This is important to me by because you, as a white woman, I want you to be very honest with us and tell us what you see and what you feel.
Speaker 1: Oh. I think it completely has to be racism. I mean because to me that can't you look at a kid. He was the slightest, little wispful of I don't know how tall. I know that Lester said he looked out and thought thought he star six foot tall man. But that doesn't mean the kid's actually six foot tall I'd be interested to see how tall he was. He also looked like a little kid. And don't you ask first, you don't bring a gun, you know, a gun out without asking. Now they do have the standard ground in the state that they were in, but you have to feel threatened. He didn't threaten. He didn't try to break in, he didn't break a lock, he didn't try to climb in through a window. He didn't. He didn't do anything. And then to shoot him twice once he he's down on the ground that that wasn't enough. They said that the the boy said that. As he was running away, he said, now, don't get you don't come around here again like some old the Western movie or something. I don't. I mean, I'm absolutely I can't believe it. He was has the two charges. One could have a life sentence, the other one could be through three or fifteen years. One was arms criminal action and then the other one was selling assault. We'll see he should get something. I don't care how old he is. If he did the crime, you've got to do the time right. It's not fair and he should be it should be fine or something.
Speaker 3: Well, you say he's he's gonna get a lifcensance. He's eighty four, ain't gonna last much longer. And I'm sure that might be like this, and I'm and I'm sure the stress of this and that this will take a toll on him, because you know, unless this is something that he has regularly done. And I hate to say it like that, but a lot of times they have gotten away with this on numerous a case and so it's nothing. It's nothing to them. There is no no what is the what is that when you're conscious? There is no conscious. I'm like, I've done it before, I got away with it. I'm gonna do it again. The same way with make Bees down there in Georgia when they killed Amad Aubrey. You know, that guy had been a police officer for twenty plus years and there's no man telling me he had gotten away with this. But it was so disheartened by me because he looked like a young boy. I love the fact that his mom brought him home immediately because what it showed to me because he was home in like three days and he's still in bad shape. But he's on the man that if that area or if that part that neighborhood or that town is racist where those neighbors would help him. Who knows who works in the hospital, who's affiliated with this man he's eighty four. It could be a grandson and niece, a nephew, a kid or whatever that wants to say, Hey, we're looking out for him, So we're going to do something to this kid while he's in the hospital. So he could never testify, you know, I don't know. I don't know, but I'm glad that he's home safe because you never know who's affiliated with home. It's just safer for the young man. But by that scary story, it's nine bogglen and I hate to think. I hate to be such a conspiracy theorist to say, oh, wouldn't nobody do nothing to him to in the hospital?
Speaker 2: I watch Lifetime.
Speaker 3: I watch all these crazy movies where you see people doing things in the hospital. So if I didn't think conspiracy theory before, y'all have shown it to me in movies, so I would not think that it really does happen. It had to come from somewhere. Your imagination is big, but it had the story, had the basis of those stories had to come from somewhere.
Speaker 1: Well, you got to think flink when we were kids, would it be a crazier story or something that would be more far fetched than us sitting at our at our desks doing our work and someone coming in with an AK forty seven and shooting the school up. So it's not the conspiracy theories. They might sound far fetched, but that was far fetched to us as kids. But this is the reality that kids that are thirty and younger have had to live with, you know, since Columbine I had to live with. So no, it's not so far fetched. And then me from the hospital side, I already mentioned to you, I'm thrilled that he was home because there's all sorts of infections in hospitals, so the quicker's home health theory is and then the less chance that he has for you know, becoming a more step. And then he got he got a call from the White House, which I thought was great. I'm sure as a young kid that would be like so exciting to me, Joe Biden calling. I'm like, I'd love to see what that conversation was, like.
Speaker 3: I wanted to do I want to does Joe Biden remember that conversation? That's the better question.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know, but he's been begging. Joe Biden for years, has been begging for some sort of gun control, right, So the more not that he wants to see anybody get hurt. But I'm sure these these cases help bolster you know, background checks and all the different ways that you could. Actually you're not going to take people's guns away, but how in the world do we make it better? And I definitely think strict, more stringent background checks, especially for people that have been met Yaliell. You know, if somebody was pink papered at some point, you know of forceably put into the hospital. I don't think they necessarily should be able to have a gun. If a fella can't have it, then want our legal gun. They shouldn't be able to have gun too. I loved that his case is at actually being more of a catapult. It brought up the cheerleader case, right, It's it's making us talk about all of the other cases that are in the news recently. He got great support. I mean I first started Viola Davis had it and Sherry Shepherd both had it on their pages, and that's where I first went. And all of a sudden it kind of just unfolded from from.
Speaker 2: There and and they do have a go funding page.
Speaker 3: They raise the money for him and his family, you know, for medical bios and meerical he's going to it's going to be a long recovery. It's going to be a long recovery.
Speaker 1: Well certainly is because plains forget about the forget about the physical aspect. You don't think this kid's going to have mental health issues.
Speaker 3: The bank, Yeah, if he has fireworks, if he hears the bank, it may it may send him.
Speaker 1: He's gonna need a lot of He's gonna need a lot a lot of help. I was noticing as I was trying to look up stuff about gun violence, the BBC had statistics out that we're saying that there's a rise in the standard ground states that they there's been a rise in homicides of ten percent over the past three years, which is sort of sort of a lot of alarming to see any type of any type of increase it Also, I was noticing that a lot of these constitutional carry states are the standard ground states. They don't match up one for one, but they're pretty close.
Speaker 3: So, yes, he does have a GoFundMe page. Byby it was created by his anti faith spoon more and at to date, right now, Bobby, I'm looking at he has They were looking for two point five million, he has raised three point two hundred three point two million dollars three point two hundred and seventy seven thousand and thirty and thirty dollars. I'm going to donate. I am definitely going to donate because I want to be a part of this, and I think it's just tragic that we live in such a time and these are children. You know, I'm fifty years old, so I know I'm past the halfway point. Know I'm me and God are gonna be face to face one day soon. I mean, I hope he's previous me. I hope he's as pretty as me. Not pretty.
Speaker 2: But these are babies.
Speaker 3: We're worried about our and at our age, sixteen would be a grand kid. I got a kid at sixteen because I was a late bloomer, but sixteen will be a grand kid. We don't want to We're already old, worried about social security, medicare. You know, at fifty years old, every day you wake up there's a new ailment. You know, at this age, we may yawn and throw our back out, stretch too hard and catch a Charlie Hord. You know you don't need those right, Okay, I don't need those worries on top of my grains. Like you said, my grand baby at church at school, baby go to the corner market for me and get some milk and some bread, and they never come back because some lunatic has come up in here, just grown to the shot the place up and my baby was just collateral damage because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have to really keep our eyes on these cases too, because you know the two the two standard ground cases in the in the recent media where the zimmern George Zimmerman and the Amount Aubrey Aubrey didn't work for them. You know, they they all got life sentences. But for George Zimmerman, he was acquitted of all crimes.
Speaker 2: Which around and still walking.
Speaker 1: Around, yeah, probably in his yellow vest.
Speaker 3: Being Carson is over this case for for Ralph y'all, So I hope that being and being Causon is usually the man to go to to get these civil cases done. You know, I know that the family should be should be paid compensated fantastically, but that still will, like you said about that will never change the fact that this man, who this young man will probably be damaged for the rest of his life with PTSD.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, it's crazy even the the you think of young kids with guns. That they just arrested two kids for that Alabama shooting that happened over the weekend at the sweet sixteen party, and and it was a massacre. That was like the best one news news media outlet put put that it was a massacre, and my god, wasn't. And I'm like, how does the sixteen and a seventeen year old get guns? So we're back to the gun control. There's gonna be there's gotta be a tighter way to keep the guns from the kids. And if they got them from the parents, there were two brothers, do we charge the parents?
Speaker 3: No, you go right there, Bobby there, you go right. You're gonna have to start charging these peers. And I say that, and even though I know there is we have access to some weaponry. That weaponry, but and I say, and I'm saying that because what have you tauched your kids? You know you don't you don't touch this. I don't care. You start them at two up until twenty five. You don't come and you don't touch this. If you get angry, you come and tell me. But you don't touch some things, you know. I think that the garing styles have changed because these children are not afraid of their parents. In fact, they challenge their parents. I'm living there right now. They challenge their parents. We unfortunately were not. Unfortunately, we were afraid of our parents and not afraid to ask or not afraid to be around, but afraid to cross the land in a respectful way. There was some level of respect that we had as parents, as children to our parents. I don't think that these kids, this generation, has that. I think that they feel fearless, and they do shit that they make them fearless and it ends up tragic and they don't understand that you may die, but you break your mom and dad's heart, you break your siblings, your grandparents' spirit and heart because and I'm not blaming the kid, I'm blaming the situations of life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I don't. We definitely don't. My mother would just give you a look. Well, she would put her hands in assist and hold it down by her side. So nobody else could see it, and we knew you stepped your mind because there was the World bankings. You know, we did things a little bit differently. I don't know if we necessarily have to go back to the purporal punishment of when you and I grew up, but I think that there's probably a happy medium. You know, there has to be consequences. You know, I look at teachers. We've talked about this in past episodes. You know, we have to worry about the social emotional well being of a kids. Well, if a kid punches another kid in the face, he should get suspended. There has to be some sort of punishment so that doesn't do it again. But when you say, oh, just go back in and stay away from a little jimmy, pull little jimmy. Now is to sit over there, you know, wetness pants, hoping that the other one doesn't hit them again. You know, there's got to be some I don't know, we have to think about the way that they're raising the kids, because we're not doing it right. We're not doing it even we've talked about also not paying attention. Children have to be more engaged, They have to be aware of their surroundings. They all have an iPad or an iPhone in their face at all times. They text each other instead of just actually say hey, you want to go for lunch? You know, texting it's silly. We've gotta we've gotta do, got a little do a little bit better. Somebody has to sit back and and I'm guilty of it myself. I wanted my son to have more than I had, and I think I did too much because I didn't he didn't have to think about I want those pants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we're all on we're all guilty of that in our age demographics by because that was all of our mindset. I want, I want, I want my kid to have everything that I couldn't have. What we did realize was that we were entitling them and spoiling the hell out of them and damaging them. Because a lot of these children are damaged because they want instant gratification right now, right this moment. They don't want to work for it, They have no patience to wait for it. It is just out of control. And yeah, we can't just blame them. My daughter, my sixteen year old daughter, asked me yesterday, you don't even know anything about me? What is my favorite color? It changes from week to week. So I the last thing I remember it was a orange and purple. No, that's not it. What is my favorite food? That changes when we do. You can't fault the pearance for that, because these young kids change their minds from day to day, especially young girls. So I felt bad, but then I realized, like, girl, you changed. I didn't know you changed it. You didn't send me an email.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Because if you ask too many questions, they think you're grilling her. You know, Yeah, that's exactly it. So you know, so maybe she's telling she's reaching out in a different way. So maybe that's we have to listen to our kids, not exactly what they're saying, but they need more time with mom and dad, and we have to ask more questions, and we have to put more parameters. You know, if they're under eighteen, they still need things from you. So you can hold those things back.
Speaker 3: It's not easy in my house. In my house, they pass eighteen, they still need shit for me good, you know, I know.
Speaker 1: I mean I had a twelve year old at my son's age, and I'm like, Jesus, I'm still picking up your prescriptions.
Speaker 3: We want to send the prayers out to all the victims of these ladies shooting, even and they're still having Meanwhile, no mind you, mad shootings haven't stopped. They're still having mass shoot But to these personal ones, these accidentally going to the wrong homes, pulling up on the wrong driveway, Bobby, people are so bitter, so angry, so afraid.
Speaker 2: Because a lot of people are afraid. I don't think.
Speaker 3: That that eighty four year old man was afraid. I think that he knew exactly what he was doing. I don't think that the sixty five year old man in Upper State, New York was afraid. I think that they knew what they were doing, and they don't know. I'm not going to say that they said that they figured they could get away with him, but I don't think that it's their first time doing something like that. They just seem too comfortable with it.
Speaker 2: You don't go straight to shooting.
Speaker 1: Especially the sixty five year olds. I'm with you on that he could see them. You know, I don't know he meant to kill them, but I certainly meant to scare them. Something that just popped in my mind is so eighty five and I'm thinking eighty five with a gun. If I'm telling my mom who's in her late seventies, that she really likely circle on the drain were driving. You know, if they get to a certain age and they need to start having they need to start to be retested and whatnot. Maybe we should be doing that with that's another gun control. After X age, you know, our eyesight starts to go and stuff after whatever age and mental acuity. I have people in my own family to two of my aunts and uncles, their brother and sister both have dementia. They should they have weapons? No, I don't think Maybe they shouldn't have weapons. Maybe we need to start pulling some of that stuff down.
Speaker 3: And what and what? What would this was a sixteen year old black boy and a twenty year old white girl. What Why wouldn't the warning shot have been enough? If he would have shut there the shot gun in the air, they would they would have pulled out and rolled away from there. If the man would have shot that gun through a window, his window, that boy would have ran off the port.
Speaker 2: That's what makes it like, is this were.
Speaker 3: You trying to do this?
Speaker 2: Did you want to do this?
Speaker 3: Because there's so many other ways, even in that crucial moment, I'm just want to scare you.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hurt you.
Speaker 3: Get off my porch, So shoot through the window, shoot up in the air, you know whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, think of the girls and the cheerleaders. What were they doing. She ran back to the car, got inside, she lowered the windows, say I'm sorry, there's no standyard ground there. He came after. He was the aggressor and came after her. What was the point? And I think of, like my son, you raised some of this public is very sexist. But I always said, don't hit anybody. Don't hit a girl. Ever, Like he had to go after a little girl in a little costume that made him feel like what more of a man?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What was what was she doing that? He felt threatened?
Speaker 3: And with that and with that situation, he damn sure did wrong because if she had the time to go and get in her car and pulled up to his car, he had time to think about it or pull off with just he sat there. It's like I'm gonna do it? Is it is mind boggling. I'm going to ask everybody just to be safe. You don't know what's going to happen. Stay prayed up, if you pray to whoever you pray to, stay safe. And again, this episode I would like to be called self preservation is the first lot of nature. But how can you self preserve when you're a teenager. You're not supposed to have a weapon, You're not supposed you don't even you shouldn't even be thinking about dying at fifteen to sixteen. You should be thinking about the next dance, or the next girlfriend or boyfriend, or what snacks I'm gonna have. But what I'm gonna do with my friends this weekend, when we go to the mall or to the movies. None of that is even safe anymore, Bobby the word They always say, we're too old. No, unfortunately, y'all too young. Y'all don't know why we ever feel like to safely walk through a mall and shop, to safely hang out, to go to lunch with your girlfriends or your guy friends and play basketball on the basketball court for fear of anything going down, and you don't make it home to your family. It is, it is. It is a situation that I hate that we have to still talk about in twenty twenty three, And unfortunately, it looks like it's going backwards instead of forwards. I was never taught to walk backwards. I was only taught to walk on.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to look for back when we were kids, it was gang violence, right, So that's what you were afraid of. Your kids were going out with the gangs. These are gangs. These are adults that are coming after him. Like again, what the cheerleader is with that? Rodriguez, he was twenty five, He comes up, he shoots her. He knew enough to run away and go home. They arrested him as home he fled to see. It wasn't like he stood around and took its consequences. So and I even the sixty five year old guy that shot the girl in the wrong driveway, he shot the car as it was fleeing. He didn't come up and shoot it like look in her eyes. So I mean, talk about a coward. I don't know as a society. A for a while I took a reprieve from from the news. Only now I feel like I'm kind of out of it because it's so depressing. There's nothing. We're getting worse and worse.
Speaker 3: And those those are very valid points by because they can't use their mental illness. Because even the eighty four year old man Andrew Lester, his neighbor tried to help him clean up the damage that was done. So you can't say that you're afraid or you exactly and he ran away. If you try to clean it up, yes, if you try to clean it up, then you knew that you did wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because if the guy was really so, if he really sought it, Let's even say he was mentally ill. Let's say he did have some sort of dementia, right, and he called the police. You would have left everything so that the police could see the state and see where he broke in or where he was doing whatever. But he didn't do that. He tried to hide everything, so he knew he did wrong. There was no dementia. I don't think there was. He was terrified for himself, not for the poor kid.
Speaker 3: The sad part is they have allowed this mental illness to get away for so long that everybody used it as a scapegoat, and it's just not working for everybody.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: Ladyesmen, I don't know what to tell y'all, but please be careful, be safe, be cautious, because we just aren't. We just don't know, but we have to watch this case unfold. And I hope that this case is a landmark breakthrough case. I hate that it happened to this young man, but me and Bobie talked earlier.
Speaker 2: This young man's life has a purpose, and this may have been purpose.
Speaker 3: God will make some changes hoping from this case, because it gets worse. When every time you think it's you're not gonna hear anything worse. Good God, two days later it shows up. So be safe, be cautious. Thank you for joining us here at Laughing, Learn and listen. May fifth and six, I'm a Youngers Comedy Club and the Youngers New York. Get your tickets on the website. May first through fifth, i am tentatively hosting the Breakfast Club. I don't know for sure today that y'all know. And May fourth, I'm doing Sherry Sheppard Show Comedy Corner. We appreciate you guys here. Every Monday, I'm at Free Voices at the Hollywood Lab at the world famous Hollywood Laugh Factory on Sunset in LA with my co host Memphis Will and we have the most bonkers banana adult grown up time that all the stuff that you miss as a kid, from musical chairs to dance contests to birthday shoutouts at fifty years old, Come and get your come and get your twelve year old life, because we act like twelve year olds.
Speaker 1: He was a running man, Willy. He was setting the Bobby Brown for the.
Speaker 3: Love of God, Bobby Cliff. I had never seen my co host do a vacclap. He took his two hundred and sixty pound ass and did a backslip, and I.
Speaker 2: Was in print. Now, mind you.
Speaker 3: I thought I was gonna have to give a mouthful mouth off because.
Speaker 1: Because we forget, we forget that our minds we're still eighteen years old. And then all of a sudden your body catches up and you're like, oh shit, excuse me.
Speaker 3: I say, if you fall out now this laugh alone, you can do that. I can't pick your big ass up. I ain't no frame. But we have the.
Speaker 2: Most fun time. Y'all have to come out.
Speaker 3: It's on seven thirty every Monday night at the world famous Hoby Wood laugh Actor. Come and get your life, Come and get your joy. Thank you guys for joining us here laughing, learn and here in laughing. We have the same model that will never change. Here and laughing that we are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind, because the mind is a terrible thing to waste. If you independently think for yourself, you don't always won't always be agreed with, You might not always be liked, but you will love that you made a decision for yourself. You didn't allow anybody else to control the puppet strings. I cut those strings a long time ago. We appreciate you, Bobby Cliffin. I could not have done the show where I can say my mind is all over the place, but I appreciate you for your love, your support. I appreciate you, Bobby for coming on as a wonderful Irish woman and as white as you can get with your blond hair and your black glasses, always being fair and Bobby of every American that looked like you, thought like you, and treated people like you. God, I would love this country to live in and fightful.
Speaker 1: Oh God, bless you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: God, bless you, Bobby.
Speaker 3: Thank you for being a fair person and seeing people for people and not what you want them to be, but for who they are. We appreciate you here. Thank you Aaron, Thank you Flaymett. Thank you guys for supporting us here Laughing Line. Please download, listen to us on Apple, Ieheart, Spotify, and Amazon or wherever you listen to your podcast under the Black Effect Network. This weekend in Atlanta, Georgia at the Pullman Yards to show it sold out they are having at Black Effect Festival.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately I will not be there.
Speaker 3: I got another gig, but you guys go and show support for my boy Charlamagne, the guy who's hosting along with Jesse Hilarry's Horrible Decisions, who were there, Michelle Williams, so many other podcasts. It's a great meeting, greed a hobknob. It's a great place to sell your businesses and to segue and interventions and all of that. So I look forward to you guys telling me all about it next week, because a bitch got a book and I'm going to get my paper. But I thank you for joining us here Laughing Learn. Thank you Ain. We will see you guys next week. Be safe and in the words of TTG, and keep your head on the swivel. This is Slay Monroe and Bobby Clifford. Hey, don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, Alight Heart Radio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and I Heart Radio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Chrissy Payne. Thank you guys, this is Flaming Row. Don't forget to laugh. Listen and Learn