Speaker 1: Welcome and to Jags am kind honest gave me here with Brian next and John Osier, and we are back were fresh renewed from by week as we get ready for Week ten of the NFL season. And I'm gonna speak for everybody and say, we're pretty happy with where the team is at right now at six and two, especially when you watch some of the other games like I did this weekend, you're definitely more appreciative of where the Jaguars are at. At least I'll speak for you guys and say that, cause some of those teams they're struggling right now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and and it's it's my hot takes, so I'm gonna hold off.
Speaker 1: Okay, what did you get to do on your week off? John?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: I went to porch Fest and Springfield and I watched a little NFL yesterday. Okay, look, uh, the Jags are good and it was nice to watch. Obviously Jaguars play knowing that they were either gonna be two and a half three games up their two games up. And I'm getting some emails from people, why aren't the Jaguars playing as good as this team? Why aren't they playing as good as this team. Why did Trevor Lawrence CJ.
Speaker 5: Strett.
Speaker 4: Look, they're six and two, they've won eleven of their last thirteen. They're fine. They're winning games the way they've been winning. Yeah, and now they have a tough stretch and I'm getting emails about that too, Ryan, Oh, it's a tough stretch.
Speaker 5: It's the NFL. It's supposed to be hard.
Speaker 2: No rookie quarterback has ever played like CJ. Strouded yesterday. That's a revelation.
Speaker 1: That was something to watch for sure, And we'll get to that a little bit later on in the show. Let's start with our big things this week, Fell is to go into week ten. They're back at it. That's our big thing because after the bye week they have not much time to get back into it before they're going up against the forty nine ers on Sunday, and that is certainly going to be a big game. Brian. We had this one circled down our schedule beforehand, and you know, the forty nine ers coming off of by as well, so they've had some time to get well. This is going to be a good game.
Speaker 2: We spent so much time Kay talking about old the games they played in that compressed period of time. What which is three and twelve days four in nineteen Now they'll play their first game or their second game, I should say in twenty four days, right, So they've had plenty of time to get guys who were banged up or injured ready to practice this week and find out whether they can come back and play. Plus, you just spent the weekend watching some of the best teams. That Miami Kansas City game yesterday, you know, the Baltimore Seattle game. These guys want to get back out of the field because they want to play. They want to see where they match up.
Speaker 5: John.
Speaker 1: Any chance they got out of focus in this time off or do you think they'll be all set?
Speaker 4: Look, if if they win Sunday, then the bi will have been great. If they lose, they got out of focus, they didn't it, that will be the narrative whether that's to I don't worry about this team being ready, I don't worry about it being focused.
Speaker 5: Whatever. The forty nine ers are good. They might lose.
Speaker 4: They also might win because the Jaguars are gonna think it'd be that kind of a game. But I don't think I'll have anything to do with lack of focus. I think this buy can only help this team to get healthy.
Speaker 2: And I think when you look at Doug Peterson and his body at work as both a player and a coach, you know, he's been in this league since nineteen ninety one, so he has seen it all and he understands he's gone through two by weeks and one by week and how to put it all together. He'll have this team ready to get to practice field this week and then you get a San Francisco team that's lost three in a row coming across the country right to play a ten am game. But they're really still very good. Don't let anybody tell you that they're not.
Speaker 1: They're certainly going to be dangerous no matter who's out on the field for them. Our second big thing this week is deadline addition, because it's been about a week since we've talked to you guys, and trade deadline has come and gone on Halloween and there was an addition to this team, maybe not what people expected, but they added to the offensive line. Doug Peterson was actually on the Pat McAfee show at the time the trade was announced. Here's what he had to say.
Speaker 3: Well, I think that is expectations, and you know, obviously getting a good player to come in here and help us. And we've already got a good offensive line, and Ezra can come in and give us some really good depth and it's just a matter of getting him caught up and get him getting getting him in the room.
Speaker 6: You know, with a with a really good offensive line, guys like Brandon Shriff, I mean, he he's the leader in there, and Luke Fortner and you know, I mean you look at these guys, Cam Robinson, I mean, Walker Little.
Speaker 3: These guys are just busting their tail every week. So getting a guy like Ezra his caliber, we got a you know, a starting type guard really really solidifies, you know, solidifies our offensive line and makes us better.
Speaker 1: Love the Halloween costumes there on the Pat McFee show, they did add to the offensive line, John, that was something we talked about maybe if you can find somebody to add there, that would certainly be helpful to the depth of this team. That's an issue they've had throughout the season. Is this guy gonna help out there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I give some options. I don't really have a great feel yet for whether it's going to be him. It's gonna be Walker Little left guard bare minimum. It gives them options. I think they learned last year that they need in the second half the season two guys that can I mean, three offensive tackles and three swing players that they like, and now they Tyler Satley in there with Cleveland. It gives them the depth and it might make them stronger on the interior, which is why Little might be the odd man out for a week or to until they figure this thing out.
Speaker 2: He's a good player, whether he'd be ready to go this week or not. I think most people have probably heard that he and Rausch were together for a time in Minnesota. Think big picture on this one as well. They need guards. Brandon SHARE's not likely to be here because of his cap number next year, and Tyler Shatley is a free agent next year. He's George the end of his contract, and Walker Little is really a tackle and Cam Robinson has a big number, so you need bodies at guard. Cooper Hodges is a guy that they have a lot of hope for, and Cleveland is a guy who's a second round pick and is a really good player. So I get it. It's a play for today because we're focused on this season. And playing for this season, but it's also a play for the future because if over the next nine games he plays well, he's the guy that you can work into your salary structure and go forward with. He's a big guy, he's talented guy. A lot of people that I talked to you last week we're surprised that he gained for just a sixth round pick, thought maybe he was worth a little bit more than that.
Speaker 1: And as we've seen the depth of something we definitely need because as soon as we got Cam Robinson Backwalker Little goes out with an injury. So this has been an issue point for the team, so certainly doesn't hurt to get a little extra help in that position. Our final big thing though, is standing pat because while they did add to the offensive line, they did not choose to go after a pass rush. Daniel Hunter was out there. There was talks rumors that the Daguars were involved in that, but Brian, they decided to stay with their guys here and not really go after a big name.
Speaker 2: Well where in the street. Hunter was not available last week. If they were only looking at a first round pick for a guy, and no one was going to throw that out there, especially when you saw the Commanders get a second and a third round pick for their two pass rushers, Kai, I think overall, since the Jaguars didn't have two, three and four available, they weren't willing to send a first round pick for a pass rusher that might just be a short term deal for them. Plus, you saw what Sweat got. He got a four year, ninety eight million dollar deal from the Cleveland or from the Chicago Bay and John, when you look at all the players that the Jaguars want to pay next year, we've talked about it. You've got quarterback, wide receiver, perhaps, defensive back, offensive lineman, pass rusher. How are you gonna work that huge undery into your structure with the guys that you want to keep.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's difficult.
Speaker 4: It would have been difficult to bring a pass rusher in and say, hey, pass rusher, here's a nice big contract. Josh Allen, hang tight, you know, because you're talking around here for the last two years about trying to pay your guys and being a draft and developed team, and then the first guy you pay is a trade and develop Well, it gets what Brian trade develop is not drafted, who trade develops, trade develop I'm also not surprised they didn't do it, because again I keep going back, they don't think that their pass rush is a weakness. They think that their front seven overall, the disruption that they create is maybe the strength of the team right now. So I get you could have added one more piece, and why didn't you go make the move? All it says Chips all In. Well, I get Chips all In, but I also get that Trevor Lawrence is in his third year. Yeah, and you also envision this thing being a fifteen year Trevor Lawrence window, not a twenty twenty three window where it has to happen right now. Everything else is nothing else matters, Briandan. They're not else man.
Speaker 5: They're not in that.
Speaker 2: Look, it's about this year because it's six and two. You're right there, and I think everybody would say the Jaguars are a legitimate contender, But it can't be all about this year, especially with the players that you want to play and John going.
Speaker 5: Forward, they're also a legitimate contender with this group. What's it? Right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: That's it?
Speaker 2: And you don't want to sacrifice the future for the president, not in the third year. If he was at year fifteen and you're trying to eke out something at the end of his career. Well, yeah, then then you swing for the fences. But I think it was a It was predestined. You weren't going to get one of those pass rushers for a fifth round pick, and you weren't gonna give up your first round pick. You just weren't gonna do it. But I think if people look at it objectively, the salary that Sweat got in Chicago tells you why the Jaguars couldn't do it right.
Speaker 1: And if you're gonna be dishing out the money, I would imagine you want to give that to your own guy and Josh Allen with what he's been able to do this season, all right, stay with us. Coming up after the break, we're gonna look around the AFC South because the Jags didn't play, but a whole lot of stuff went down. Welcome back to Jags am as we moved the freight. Move the freight. Magellan Transport is what the coolest office space in Jacksonville. You can apply online at Magellanlogistics dot com. And of course our show today is also brought to you by Carshield. If you're out of your car's manufacturing warranty. Don't get stuck with those expensive mechanical and computer repairs. You can call car shield right now. Welcome back to Jagsam. We're here in the Hundai studios after a bye week feeling very refreshed. We're happy to be back talking about football. And the Jags didn't play, but there was a lot of stuff going down in the AFC South this week. On Thursday Night Football, we saw a team we just played in the Steelers, facing off against the Titans. And Levis had those four touchdowns in his first game. Didn't look quite as good in his second game, but he still seems to be a little bit better option I'm gonna speak and say than what they have had at quarterback, and he seems to open up some stuff for the Titans, who look a little bit more dangerous than they have so far this year.
Speaker 2: Well, Tanne Hill's in the final year of his deals, so you're obviously not going to go forward with a thirty five year old quarterback that didn't get you over the hump. When I look at Will Levis, I see a Ben Roethlisberger type quarterback. He's big, long, powerful as a rocket for an arm. Now, he's not Roethlisberger, at least not at this point his career obviously, but he can make all the throws. What he's got to figure out from what I hear is how to read the defense, especially in the fourth quarter of a game in the red zone, which he didn't do very well the other night. But this was his second start. I mean, he he's got a cannon. He's a nice looking player.
Speaker 1: He'll stand in there and take a hit as well. TJ and Watt was very complimentary of the opposing quarterback in this game, and John, there's a lot of young quarterbacks in the stiff all of a sudden that don't look too bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Levis has arm talent. He gives them a shot, and most importantly for the franchise, he gives them something where they probably don't have to worry about going to get quarterback this offseason so they can start building now. They feel like they can be legitimate with this guy. The Colts, I think, feel the same way about Anthony Richardson. There has to be major concerns with him hurt three times early in his career and then out as a rookie. He's got to come back and prove that that's not what he is. Obviously, CJ. Stroud looked very good, didn't look great the last two weeks. I'm getting a lot of emails why can't Trevor do what CJ. Stroud did because in the last five game he hasn't had to. When you're down late in games, you have to throw a lot. The Jaguars, remember, haven't been down in games, so you're not gonna have four hundred and fifty yards passing when you're up in the second half of games. Usually those are usually these kind of games. So I'm not worried. Jaguars fans have been bad for so long that when they see another team excel, they think that it's unfair that other team excels. But the Jaguars are doing fine. There's anything wrong with Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 5: Just because CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud had four to seventy terror Lawrence was off, it doesn't make Trevor Lawrence a bad quarter.
Speaker 2: But not usually exclusive. Right. Look, here's the thing about Stroud, and Jeff Loghman said this to me the week that we saw them. He's an effortless passer. It makes it look he makes it look pretty. He makes it look easy. He's fearless, he loves the game. And you know what he does. He throws out all those test scores because remember that was the knock on you that he didn't test all that well. But when you listen to his press conferences and you hear how articulate and intelligent and well spoken the kid is, you realize this is everything that you want. The arm, the person, the leader, the intellect, the love of the game. What I see when I watch him is, oh boy, we're gonna have some great matchups in the AFS South, especially if Levis and Richardson come along. You'll go from a quarterback desert right to the oasis. It looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun to line up against c J. Stroud. I say that not being the defensive coordinator obviously, but if you're a fan watching these games, I mean it's it gives you real hope that this division is going to be a lot of fun to watch.
Speaker 4: And that's how Again, a lot of Jawars fans don't feel that way. It's not fair that c. J. Strouds and the division. Look, if you're it's part of my hot take too. But if you're going to win the division, it's not always going to be and it's not supposed to be one team thirteen and four, right, and the other team seven and may not seven and ten. This is a hard league. You're supposed to have division rivalries at the end. You're supposed to have stuff that's fun.
Speaker 5: It's okay for c. J. Strow to be good.
Speaker 2: The Jaguars can be bad, just a little perspective. I can only think of two rookie quarterbacks where I went whoa one was Roethlisberger who I mentioned earlier, who got into the lineup, started as the third quarterback in two thousand and four. Charlie Batch gets hurt, Tommy Maddox doesn't play well. He goes in and they win thirteen games right, eleven regular season, and he gets them to the AFC Championship game where they lose to Tom Brady and the Patriots. Of course he step that team had four Hall of famers on it already, Jerome Bettis, Hines Ward, Alan Fanica, and Troy Polamalu. So right then you get and it wasn't really his rookie season. It was Pat Mahomes, who started only one game as a rookie at the end of the year, and then he gets into twenty eighteen. Johnny, you think, well, he's gonna struggle, this is his first year as a starter. Well he didn't. He took that team to the AFC Championship Game. I don't think CJ. Stroud's going to do that. The roster isn't good enough in Houston. But it's good enough for him to go and do something like that after two bad games, and to do it again. We see them in a couple of weeks. I mean that he's really talented, really good.
Speaker 1: And it doesn't take anything away from Trevor Lawrence either. I think sometimes we have to forget people like all, but I'm like, no, it's a good thing. It's a good thing. You're going to be facing off against other good quarterbacks in your own division. We talked about Iron Sharpen's iron out here all the time. That's exactly what you're going to see, especially when you're going up against someone that you know you could be in a shootout every time you have a game. When you'd see Tom Brady and Peyton Manning in those shootouts, that made them better.
Speaker 2: And then here's behind the scenes right, how the sausage is made. The Texans are not a big draw when they come here. They don't sell a ton of tickets when they come here. The Jaguars usually. Last year the Texans game was the salute to No sorry that sclute service. It was the Baselli game. They wanted to sell more tickets, so they had Biselli's bust here and they had the alumni here. If that quarterback plays like that, you'll sell tickets to the Texans game. It helps everybody. When you've got good quarterback play in the division.
Speaker 1: It's definitely a good thing elsewhere in the division. We've been talking about the Colts a little bit, maybe outperforming than what we thought they were going to do, especially with Anthony Richardson not going to be available for the rest of the season. But how about this defense we saw from them. Kennymore had two pick six touchdowns for them. I know Gardner Minshew's some more familiar with he's managing the game as manages a game, but when you get two pick six is from your defense, you're probably gonna win a football game. And from the same guy as well. Part of that's Bryce Young. Having Bryce Young rookie moments, but still that is impressive.
Speaker 2: Jaguars fans might be complaining about c J. Stroud, but if you're a panther span you have to be complaining. And we took Bryce Young who has not looked impressive yet this year.
Speaker 1: He hasn't and it's a tough situation to be in. And I'm a big proponent of you know, I don't expect rookies to come out and light the world on fire, either, so I think there's still time for Bryce Young. But it doesn't help when c J. Stroud is doing what he's been doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah the past right.
Speaker 4: I mean, it was a nice play with a Colt Savender, but it was also a phone right to him and he ran it back. So I think the Colts should be in the Jaguars rear view for the rest of the year.
Speaker 5: They've swept him.
Speaker 4: Jaguars have a lead unless something goes very wrong, and I worry about the Colts. The Texans are the team that because they beat Jaguars here, the Jaguars still have some work to do the sort of put them in the rear views. So beating them a couple of.
Speaker 5: Weeks, yeah, that's the work.
Speaker 1: That is the work all right, stay with us. We've got hot takes coming up after the break. Here on jags am, you can sign up for your furry friend for the Jaguars Official Four Legged Fan Club for pets presented by Forever Bets Animal Hospital. Your pet will receive access to exclusive merchandise events sweepstakes throughout the twenty twenty three season. You can visit Jaguars dot com Slash Promotions slash four Legged Fan Club and that's where you can sign up for that. Today, welcome back on jags Am. We're off bye week. It's Monday. We're getting ready for the forty nine ers on Sunday. We've got some hot takes. You've had a whole week to brew on these hot takes. So, Brian, what was your kind of thoughts after this last week in games you watched? In your hot take this.
Speaker 2: Week, Jaguars fans be thankful for Trevor Lawrence. There was a lot of bad and backup quarterback play yesterday. Let me just go through the list of guys. Sam Howe for the Commanders, Mac Jones for the Patriots, Tommy DeVito for the Giants. Aiden O'Connell didn't play badly for the Raiders, but Aidan O'Connell, Tyler, Heineke, Clayton Tune, congratulations to Josh Dobbs, Brett Rippin, Tyler Bagen, Tyson badget the quarterback for the Bears. You get journeymen like Gardner Minshew, Jimmy Garoppolo, Derek Carr. In other words, there are lots.
Speaker 5: Of teams they Cody Kessler play he should right.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the list, right, A bunch of guys, none of whom you want as your starting quarterback. None of these guys you want as your starting quarterback. And the league yesterday had a lot of these guys in the same game. And how about in Deshaun Watson back before you're playing PJ. Walker. There are John There's always been a few of quarterbacks. You win because of a lot of quarterbacks you can win with, and then some quarterbacks that you don't want, right And there are more quarterbacks who you don't want on the on the field right now than the quarterbacks that you can win with, let alone the ones you win because a lot of really apt merged to below average quarterback play. You don't have that problem here. You have a quarterback on a team that twenty five in a row, hasn't trailed in the second half and just playing at a high level.
Speaker 4: And it's very separated, right, I mean it's it's it's Patrick Mahomes, the Chiefs, oh guess what, they're good, Lamar Jackson and the Ravens Eri. So it's it's always a quarterback league. But the solid franchises look really solid there. And it's as you said watching it yesterday, what's hard to imagine is it's hard to imagine a team without a guy right now getting up into that group that it'll happen. Somebody will be playing in the last six or eight, teams that were not expecting. Maybe the Vikings, they're hot, but it's hard to imagine anything sustainable if you're not talking about one of those franchise with a guy right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look not to pick on Gardner Minshew, but Kenny Moore had more return yards than Garden Minshew had matching yards yesterday, right.
Speaker 1: And how about this touchdowns as well?
Speaker 2: And how about next week? You know, yesterday you had a Premier matchup in Frankfurt for the international game, you had Patrick Mahomes and Tua Right next week you have Gardner Minshew and Mac Jones. That's a big step down in.
Speaker 1: That premiere game. John, I know you have a hot take one related to that. Would you see that game?
Speaker 5: Well, the Chiefs still look like the Chiefs. They still look like the team to beat.
Speaker 4: They look to me like the team that will probably be hosting throughout the playoffs. I mean that's not a given, but if you had to pick a team right now, they and the Ravens have the best record chief of host of the AC champion in game five years.
Speaker 5: They look like the team to be good. Go beat them.
Speaker 4: And this is sort of I'm probably angry with my inbox a little bit because I always get these email. Oh, the Chiefs look like they're a team. They have Patrick Mahomes. Again, we're not gonna be able to go ahead and get that. If you're going to get to where you want to go in this league, you're gonna have beat good teams to get there. If the Chiefs aren't good, somebody else can be good. If the Texans aren't good, somebody else is gonna be good. So stop worrying so much about what the rest of the league does and realize that if the Jaguars win they're six and two right now, they have nine games left. If they go seven and two over that stretch, they're thirteen and four, and I would give them a coin flip's chance to have a number one seed or number two.
Speaker 5: Well, that gets you in the mix. Go win.
Speaker 4: Cincinnati won and Kansas City a couple of years, so it's it doesn't. All teams that have won the Super Bowl have beaten two or three good teams to get there. You're gonna have to beat somebody good. It may as well be the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: By the way, you mentioned that they've hosted five consecutive basically title games, so three and two of those games, not five and all right, the Patriots got them and Cincinnati, Cincinnati got them. And you know, Kansas City won yesterday not because Patrick Mahomes was on fire. They won because their defense, I mean absolutely put the clamps on Tua and Tyreek and that crowd. They didn't score the Chiefs a touchdown in the second half, even when the game got close, they didn't score. In fact, they went three and out on a critical series late in the ballgame that put the ball back in the hands of Tua and Miami, and they didn't get it done. So Kancy's really good because that quarterback can play at a very high level. But they're not the same as they've been in years past. They don't have those other receivers that can take advantage of the downfield attack. Yesterday, the Dolphins threw a lot at the tight end and Kelsey was not as big a factor, but none of the other receivers were either, So it was their defense that wanted four yesterday. If you can put points up, if your offense get started, you can run with those guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not looking past this Sunday's game because obviously, yeah, forty nine ers are as good as any team the Gyrars to play this year, but the Bengals Ravens here, probably even more than the Chiefs because the Chiefs was so early. It's hard to call an early season game of benchmark because so much changes as the year goes on. Those two games against those two teams are as big a regular season stretched as the Jaguars have had.
Speaker 5: Whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh no, you are exactly right. Two home games in three weeks in primetime in December again for those kind of teams for home field in the in the AFC. Oh yeah, that is easily far and away the biggest stretch of games on a Jaguars schedule in their franchise.
Speaker 4: And I think if you look back, I think that's because when they were really good in the nineties, the schedule wasn't quite set up and there were three divisions, if I'm not mistaken, remember that right, So you didn't quite have this one plays one three different times in the schedule, fore most different the way you do now. So now you're gonna play those, So it sets up for more games like this.
Speaker 5: And the Jaguars, I guess what.
Speaker 2: They're good And just one final thought on that. The Ravens. Their offense they almost ran for three hundred yard yesterday, two hundred and ninety eight, and their defense is so good, and they have dominant wins over Seattle, who would look good to this point, and Detroit, who looked great to the point that they went and got hammered by those guys. I think, I think Baltimore might be the best team in the league right now.
Speaker 1: They are, and I think or I think they're one of the hottest teams. Is what I will speak to, because you know, we've seen the Chiefs win games, but they're doing in different ways. They're not doing it necessarily Patrick mahomes doing crazy things. But you know, no one's ragging on them for that as much as they rag on Trevor for not doing things when we work because they have the resume, I know, and they've earned it, so I won't rag on that in that regard. But Jaguars don't get a ton of respect. And my hot take is about the disrespect. I think it's a good thing because it builds character. Right, we've been hearing I've been seeing that graphic on Twitter all the time with Mac Jones compared to Trevor Lawrence. They're three seasons together, and how they're pretty much the same quarterback. Everybody's talking about the Texans and how they're going to give them a run in the AFC South. You know, a whole bunch of other things. I think they're is that they were voted like the worst six and two team when they were going over that last week, and it's a good thing for this team. Yes, there should be expectations here in Jacksonville. We want them to win, but I think they thrive off that. Maybe I'm just the petty kind of person I thrive off of it when people talk down about me or my team, and I think the team thrives off that too. You can see it whenever there was there's any football in Trevor's coming out and getting a little saucy on Twitter about you know, we'll just find ways to win and they can criticize how I play. The Jaguars have that little bit of a chip on their shoulder from that, whether they'll admit it or not, or even those two games that they lost when they lost to the Texans and the Chiefs right there, and then they kind of took that got back on track with things. And I think this little run that they have. They're already underdogs to the forty nine ers this week on Sunday when they're playing at home, and I think that'll drive them to be a little bit. We'll it take it up a little bit. As we've seen them going throughout the season, they're improving every week and I think they're gonna be continuing to do that.
Speaker 4: Start One thought on on on this worst six and two teams in the NFL.
Speaker 5: First, they're still better than all the other thing is that coming.
Speaker 2: From Jaguars fans.
Speaker 1: No, No, No, it was like they were doing like a like a lot of the different pundons were doing like, oh, of all the six and two teams, and they're like, well, I can't trusts because they're the jaguars'n't trust don't trust it. If you.
Speaker 4: The six teams they've beaten, if the teams that they beat would have won those games, every team they've played would be over five hundred. Series are five and three, Saints are five and four.
Speaker 5: You know, so to me, this has not been a soft schedule.
Speaker 4: This has been a not a great schedule so far, but you would feel differently about these teams. If the Jarares hadn't beaten Seis would be six and two without that and everybody talking about him as a hot team. So Jags to take care of business against some uh not great, but good teams the last five weeks.
Speaker 2: The best thing about it is you get a chance to go proven on Sunday by San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Sure will previous what coming up the rest of me Karen jaxxam Jags fans. If you want customize Jaguars furniture for your home, check out zip chare dot com to browse all of the customizable options. ZIP chair is furniture for fans back here getting ready for the forty nine Ers game on Sunday. That's going to be a good one. I've been looking. I had that one of the ones circled on my schedule. For sure, it's not a primetime one, but it's going to have that primetime feel even with whatever the forty nine ers are rolling out there, because I know they've been dealing with a lot of injuries. That's going to be a great matchup and just kind of a measuring state game as well.
Speaker 2: Brian, it is primarily for your offense because even though you can look at the Niners and how they've struggled to score the last couple of weeks, and how Brock Purdy has had to play from behind for the first time in his career and hasn't necessarily performed up to the level that he did last year, their defense is well, it's one player better now that you've got the pass rusher from Washington added in there and Nick Bosa. The last time we saw Nick Bosa he year, he was devastating. Juwan Taylor had to block him and Juwan was constantly in Trevor's back pocket. This was in two years ago, in twenty twenty one, and there they George Joon Hargrag the eighty million dollar tackle that they plugged in there from Philadelphia last year. Fred Warner. I mean, they're just they're gifted at every level with two or three players, so your offense is going to have to be ready to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think it's a big game for the Jaguars defense because what you just talked about will be a storyline this week. Oh the forty nine ers defense is this, this, and this. I don't think the Jaguars defense will get talked about very much, but they're good and it'll be a game where the Jaguars defense can show that we can hang with this keviny what they get.
Speaker 2: I think they get Deebo Shamuels back this week, right, because he's been he's been that guy who's been that trigger point is he's gonna run the ball, you're gonna throw it to him. We saw him again at twenty twenty one and he took the Jaguars defense apart that year. So Brandon Ayuk has come and he's playing at a high level. Kittle is one of the best, most difficult to cover tight ends in the game. It's a big challenge. This is a really good football team that hit a rough stretch. They remember they beat the Cowboys on Sunday Night Football forty to ten and you thought, oh, oh, you know who's gonna get in their way? Well, a couple of teams have since then. Remember the Bills came to London and everyone thought, well, I mean they're scoring forty one points and only giving up ten. The Jaguars got in their way, So here's a chance to go and do it again.
Speaker 1: Should be interesting, and hopefully the Jaguars have had some time to get healthy in the bye week as well, because we know Tyson cambell Andr Cisco Walker little of course, so hopefully all of them will be back and then we'll get to see both these teams at full strength or close to it in this matchup on Sunday. Coming up later in the week, we'll talk more about that forty nine ers matchup. We'll see you back here on Jagsam on Wednesday in compete in still p