Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and he.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty, thank you very much, Flanked by everyday workers. The President talking up his big beautiful bill today.
Speaker 3: Will deliver a record tax cut, a record spending cut, a record investment in border security.
Speaker 1: And revealing a new trade deal with China, although with very few specifics.
Speaker 3: We just signed with China yesterday, right, just signed with China in the China Deal. We're starting to open up China. Things that never really could have happened.
Speaker 4: I remember when the summer was kind of slow news wise back in the day.
Speaker 2: It sure isn't anymore.
Speaker 4: So much going on, so much talk about with Congressman Tom McClintock of the fifth District of California, longtime friend of the Armstrong and Getty Show. Tom, how are you, sir?
Speaker 5: I'm doing fine. You're right. They've been busy little bees around here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And we will get to that in a minute.
Speaker 4: I thought you might be interested to know what just wrapped up A great conversation with Tim Sanderfer of the Goldwater Institute about Independence Day since we're off next week, and the Declaration of Independence and in its role in the nation's history and ethics and the rest of it. And as you are one of the great lovers of liberty I've ever met in politics are out. When you think about the Declaration of Independence, what do you think about?
Speaker 2: What comes to mind?
Speaker 5: Well, there's this revolutionary concept that there are certain rights that don't.
Speaker 2: Come to us from government.
Speaker 5: They come to us from what the founders call the laws of nature, and of Nature's God, God creates these rights. We create governments to protect these rights, and that's their only legitimate function.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I expressed to Tim, I've come to the belief that the idea of liberty is just kind of background noise. It's almost like wallpaper in the American scene these days, and people think that the role of government is to be well, is to do things for us and give things to us, and liberty needs to be an ever present word, I think, or idea as we're discussing the politics of our time, and I think that's been lost, particularly among young people.
Speaker 5: Well, if you want to know the entire history of human civilization and four words, it's freedom, works, socialism, sucks, you know. And I talk to young people all the time, who's a whole well Socialism that's sharing and taking care of one another, and capitalism that's just doggy dog lookout for yourself.
Speaker 2: And I try to explain.
Speaker 5: To them, you've got it exactly backwards. The only possible way to prosper and secces feed in a capitalist system is you've got to figure out what somebody else needs and how to get it for them better than they can get it for themselves. There's no other way. It might be mowing their lawn, it might be doing brain surgery on their child, whatever it is, you've got to help your neighbor if you're going to succeed and prosper. Socialism is taking from one person what they've earned by helping their neighbor and giving it to somebody who hasn't.
Speaker 2: And it's true.
Speaker 5: If I take a dollar from Peter and give it to Paul, Paul's got an extra dollar to spend, Paul's a happy man. Peter's got one less dollar to spend, So you haven't helped the economy at all. But what you've really done is you've robbed from both of them. A dollar's worth of incentive to help each other, Paul because he no longer needs to, and Peter because he no longer profits from it. And that's why socialism always dissolves the bonds that hold a society together and ultimately requires lots and lots of government force because you've got to force people to act against their own interests.
Speaker 4: All right, You've removed the incentives the reward, so all that remains is the punishments. And I love your illustration of capitalism too. Are the free market, as I prefer to phrase it, because I've got to do whatever I'm doing to your satisfaction to profit from it.
Speaker 5: It's an entirely voluntary arrangement. Whereas socialism you've got to apply enormous amounts of force.
Speaker 2: And that's why.
Speaker 5: Socialist socialism dissolves first of all, the bonds that hold the society together, creates enormous misery and deprivation, and ultimately has to be enforced at the point of a bayonet.
Speaker 4: Right, which is why I'm so astounded by the perhaps probable election of this Zorondabi character in.
Speaker 2: New York City.
Speaker 4: The idea that you could run rent control up the flagpole and anyone would salute. We just we need to do a better job, speaking of America's young people, of teaching the basic economics.
Speaker 2: If you choke off the supply of something.
Speaker 4: If you remove the incentives for supplying it, you don't get more of it, for instance, rental properties.
Speaker 5: Well, and I think young people are figuring it out. You're seeing that in all the polling data. Now, this young generation is turning into the most conservative generation we've had since the days of Ronald Reagan.
Speaker 2: And if you recall, Ronald.
Speaker 5: Reagan's success was driven by the youngest voters in the electorate. They understood their futures were at stake, and they spend a lot of time figuring things out, connecting the dots and starting to make very good decisions. That's what democracies are all about. In normal times, they may go haywire, but when things get tough, people start putting all of their attention into their decisions. They start making very good decisions, and they set things right. And I think that's what happened across America in twenty twenty four. I think it's one of the great realigning elections of American history. New York is obviously an aberration and frankly, I've developed this morbid curiosity to see just how completely they can destroy a city, and I think they've just got the guy to do it.
Speaker 4: That may be the only way to cure people of their illusion that this stuff actually works. Maybe you have to hit bottom like a drunk. Anyway, in my introduction to Tom, i'd meant to mention that the congressman was voted the best vote for taxpayers two years in a row in the House of Representative Citizens against Government Waste recently named Tom McClintock one of only two perfect votes in the House fighting wasteful government spending. And in that spirit, sir, as you keep an eye on the so called big beautiful bill getting kicked around now in the Senate. What's your perception of where we are and how optimistic are you that we will birth something worth having.
Speaker 5: Well, it's going to pass because it absolutely has to pass without it, and average families taxes are going to rise twenty two percent next year. That's about seventeen hundred dollars a year, and additional taxes that'll make it the biggest tax increase in American history. That's already on the books. This bill stops that tax increase from taking effect, and at the same time it removes taxes on tips, and over time it increases the standard deduction for seniors to protect their Social Security earnings. So that by itself makes it absolutely imperative that it passed. But it does a lot of other very good things too. I could go you know, through the list, among them increasing the border patrol and securing the repatriation of the millions of illegal aliens that the Biden administration led into this country, you know, unleashing America's vast energy resources. But most importantly it comes down to this. The only economic indicator that really matters is how people answer this question next year. Are you better off to day than you were two years ago. You can't spend the answer to that question. Every person in their own lives how they're doing. If we can get this bill into effect this summer, it'll have a full year to work before people will be called upon to ask that question in the next election. And that's why it's going to pass, because it has to well.
Speaker 4: And a third reference to America's young people. I think there could be no more important issue than breaking the choke hold that the teachers' unions have on our government schools through competition and innovation. And I know there's some really inspiring or interesting things in the bill pushing school choice, So I was glad to hear about that.
Speaker 5: Well and well an Aeriel Durant wrote in their history Civilization, what may support a good car Chevrolet competition? You want to improve the public schools, restore competition, Allow parents the means and the freedom to make their own decision on the school that best meets their own child's needs, and you will see a huge improvement in the public and private schools.
Speaker 4: Congressman Tom McClintock is on the line, I couldn't agree more. Hey, in the time, we have left your reaction to a couple of geopolitical happenings, the stunning Israeli raid on Iran and the US's role in helping out what do you make of all that?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, without divulsion classified information, I think I can safely say that that if you've ever seen the film classic Bambi meets Godzilla, sort of.
Speaker 4: Like that, the efficiency and skill of not only the United States fighting forces but our allies in Israel are just awesome to behold.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they did a splendid job. I mean, Israeli intelligence, the UN, the Iran Foreign minister all agree that the Iranian nuclear capability has been, in President Trump's word, obliterated. You know, the only people are saying otherwise are the Supreme Mola of Iran and a CNN rep order. But you know, ultimately, anything can be destroyed can be rebuilt. The Iranian regimes made it clear that it intends to acquire nuclear weapons and once acquired, to use them first against Israel, then against US. And until they acquire that ability, they're still going to be the prime sponsor of terrorism around the world. I mean, they fund and direct the hoodies hezbe Lajamas, and there's no reason to believe they're going to stop. The good news is that regime is like a rotting porch. It is just waiting to collapse. They've oppressed the Iranian people for decades. There is a very strong resistance movement there and in the Iranian diaspora abroad. And the problem was every time it was on the verge of revolution, the Obama and Biden administration stepped in. They sent the cargo pallets of cash to the moulahs. They relaxed the sanctions. That's not going to happen under Trump. So I think ultimately the only way to permanently resolve this danger short of a bloody war is to bring matt regime crashing down from within.
Speaker 2: And maybe now is the time.
Speaker 5: To start assisting the opposition groups in any way that we can well.
Speaker 4: And it's just great to see deterrence back on the scene because serious deterrence leads to peace. Congressman Tom McLintock of the fifth District of California, Congressman, is always a pleasure.
Speaker 2: Thanks. Happy Independence Day to you and yours and we'll talk again soon. Thanks Joe, great talking to you. Likewise.
Speaker 4: Clips of the week coming up in a moment or two, and then a report from Jack in Sunny Florida.
Speaker 2: Stay with us.
Speaker 4: Tower grows hungrier with the eating. It's one of those principles that we have either forgotten or just been duped out of ignoring in the modern day, the fantasy that government will just give us everything we need and that there isn't any cost for it. And I don't just mean literally the cost in tax dollars and confiscations and the rest of it, but that it won't be in love with its own power and metastasize, because it always does and every example through human history, but we as humans somehow lose that reality.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: Happy Independence Day a week early to you and yours. Jackie is going to be weighing in from Florida in a couple of minutes where he is on vacation. Lovely of him to join us in enjoying the conversations with Tim Sandford and Tom McClintock and all sorts of people about the declaration and the US and freedom and the rest of it.
Speaker 2: Hope you've enjoyed.
Speaker 4: It too, if you're just joining us, grab the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. All right, So we had to put it off to accommodate the congressman schedule. But it's time for the Friday tradition. Let's take fun look back at the week that was. It's cow clips of the week.
Speaker 3: That place was demolished, totally obliterated, obliterated, obliterated, obliteration.
Speaker 2: Whips of the week.
Speaker 6: Mam bom bom bomber.
Speaker 7: US Central Command executed Operation Midnight Hammer.
Speaker 8: Started with the decoy group of two B two bombers heading west towards Guam.
Speaker 2: From one world was looking the other way. Seven will be twos taking off directly towards Iran.
Speaker 7: With a total of fourteen mops dropped against two nuclear target areas.
Speaker 2: This is not a game playing president. When he says he's going to do something, he will do it.
Speaker 4: The President obliterated the Iranian nuclear program.
Speaker 2: Iran's response came in the form of a missile strike. They don't know what the fuck they're doing.
Speaker 6: You understand that questions remain about the fate of Iran's enriched uranium.
Speaker 8: Everything underneath that mountain is in bad shape.
Speaker 9: At least two of the Iranian nuclear facilities targeted were not completely destroyed.
Speaker 5: But I think CNN is a gut lists group of people.
Speaker 2: I know that better than you know that, and I know that that's not the case. But I'm not see whether the order was given, and the people say that it doesn't matter the order was given. They have everything they need to build nuclear weapons.
Speaker 10: If you want to make an assessment of what happened at four doh, you better get a big shovel and go really deep.
Speaker 2: If I'm the president, we will attack iron. We would be able to totally obliterate.
Speaker 3: Them, totally obliterated, obliterated, obliterated.
Speaker 2: It was called obliteration.
Speaker 4: On all midnight Hammer clips of the Week. We might play the fun one later on in the hour, because we have an alternate Clips of the week that Hansen is prepared for US. I was reading about a great piece written by Credit where it's due Dove Lieber inside Operation Narnia, the Daring attack. Israel feared it couldn't pull off, and my gosh, it's compelling. At midnight on June thirteenth, Israel's general's gathered in a bunker beneath Israel Air Force Headquarters Israeli Air Force Headquarters and watched his jets descended on Tehran in an operation they called Red Wedding. Ooh, anybody familiar with the Game of Thrones gets that reference. Hours later, in one thousand miles away, Iran's top military commanders were dead, a mass killing much like the famous wedding scene from the show Game of Thrones. The combination of intelligence, information, military precision that enabled the attack surprised people around the world, but it wasn't the only improbable success.
Speaker 2: At the outset of the twelve day campaign.
Speaker 4: Another key part of the initial attack considered so fantastical even by its planners, that it was called Operation Narnia after the fictional C. S.
Speaker 2: Lewis series.
Speaker 4: It successfully killed nine top Iranian nuclear scientists almost simultaneously at their homes in Tehran, the key being that pulling off the attacks, which required elaborate ruses to ensure surprise at the last moment they nearly fell apart.
Speaker 2: But the point being both the scientists and.
Speaker 4: The generals, it had to be carefully coordinated, because you know, the regime is sensitive to the fact that Israel was on high alert and maybe coming for them the US as well, And if one general got it, everybody else would have gone to ground, and if one scientist got it, all the rest would have vanished into the woodwork.
Speaker 2: So it all had to happen.
Speaker 4: A thousand miles away, nearly simultaneously. And you know, part of the untold story, well untold till now, is that Israel's been conducting drills to get the skills down to do this in very innocent seeming ways, flying large groups of aircraft to Greece and refueling them over and over again on the way without landing, in a way that seemed odd to people, but they've been working on this for years and years and pulled it off off against all odds, and at least for now, the Mullahs don't have nukes. That story will be ongoing, obviously, much more to come.
Speaker 2: Stay with us, Armstrong and Geddy. A couple more segments to go.
Speaker 4: We're going to finish Strong if we possibly can, including with this special guest appearance by the co host of the show, mister Jack Armstrong.
Speaker 2: Jack, where are you now? I took my talents to South Beach.
Speaker 4: Way to go? So first question, you're there in Florida. Is anybody alive? Because I remember they are calling Ron de Santis ron death sentence during COVID.
Speaker 2: Are there any Floridians? Yes, they seem to be alive and scantily clad. Katie.
Speaker 9: Maybe Katie can explain this. Why are bikinis so expensive since they're so little material involved, especially in the modern era.
Speaker 10: Please figure that out for me, because I don't know.
Speaker 9: Good Lord, So I have two teenage boys. We're on the beach in South Beach and they're both playing it cool.
Speaker 5: But I.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't. I wouldn't.
Speaker 9: I don't know that i'd want to be a fifteen year old boy in this environment. It would be a distracting, torturous I.
Speaker 2: Would guess, Oh my god.
Speaker 9: And I was talking to somebody before I came here, and they said, man, you gotta really be careful to not end up because I was explaining to my younger Henry associates like scantily clad with a with danger for some reason, like you're in a dangerous neighborhood if you're seeing scantily clad people.
Speaker 2: And I was talking to somebody about that and they said, Oh.
Speaker 9: It's very easy to end up on a beach where you know it's topless hearing to see a lot of nudity, and he will freak out if he sees that.
Speaker 2: So I'm trying to try to avoid that. Wow, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: I would never think of that as a concern on a trip to Florida.
Speaker 2: But there you are so much nudity. How hot is it? It's freaking hot? Oh my god, Mooie Colliente. So I got here last night. This is kind of funny. So I'm staying at one of those.
Speaker 9: If you've ever seen pictures of South Beach, Miami, the colorful art deco hotels that are like in every postcard, we're staying in one of those. And we, because of Southwest weirdness, we got here like two and a half hours later than we were supposed to, of course, sitting on the tarmac for an hour fifteen in Houston for no explanation whatsoever, and just that sort of thing. But so we get to the hotel and we get dropped off at one am and the doors open.
Speaker 2: We walk in.
Speaker 9: There's nobody at the front desk and there's like no bell to ring or anything. And I thought, oh, you know, fine, they're in the bathroom wherever. So we wait and we wait, and like a half hour goes by and I call the number and the phone rings there right in front of me, and.
Speaker 2: Anyway pick up answer.
Speaker 9: Two hours of a waiting from one am to three am with nobody around, we eventually walked down the street and got some pizza because we were starving, and there was nobody there.
Speaker 2: And I mean the bar was there.
Speaker 9: I could have walked into the bar and poured myself a top shelf drain if I wanted to. I could have stolen many many things, and there was just nobody there. It was so strange.
Speaker 2: Boy, it's not like you're.
Speaker 4: In some sort of village in northwestern Norway or somebody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right right.
Speaker 9: I wasn't visiting Greenland. I was in South Beach, Miami, and I mean there's people everywhere, and the bars are.
Speaker 2: Thumping and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 9: Anyway, so I went next door to a hotel and had even though I'd already paid for three rooms at this one, I went next door and got a couple of rooms just because we needed somewhere to sleep.
Speaker 2: That it was now, that was three am, and I got a street. Not today.
Speaker 9: I took some video, some funny videos though, that I showed to the manager today, and somebody's getting fired. They even left their keys sitting on the desk, like the I'm the janitor keys with like eight thousand keys on it, and all the keys were labeled like bar, you know, a master key for the rooms, you.
Speaker 2: Know, all the different stuff, and they just left it there.
Speaker 9: Whoever it was, I don't know if they passed out or had a hook up in one of the rooms what happened, But wow, good gracious, Okay, I could have made I could have made quite the reality show video out of that if I had been willing to break the law. Just gone into the bar and you know, go room to room, Jess, good night. How are you doing in there? Yeah, get in. Everybody's sleeping. Okay, great, I'm the manager. Enjoy your stay.
Speaker 2: Freak like I was worrying. It's right.
Speaker 9: Anybody need a foot rub or anything? Okay, it gets stabbed. It is so freaking hot here though. If you're not used to humidity, like I'm not, it's just absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, Judy and I were hunting to figure out where are you know, semi golden years pad would be, and we're focused on South Carolina and where we ended up and uh and and somebody said to us, well, it's really hot, but it's not Florida hot. And I thought, good god, there's like a whole nother gradation.
Speaker 9: You know, what I'm noticing is how I explained this to the kids, because we just we just ate the whole Cuban Hispanic culture is so much different than the I'm from Mexico's Hispanic culture. It's just different. It's just like a different well it's a different culture. It's like and I suppose that's obvious, but you know, you think Spanish and often the people together. But the Marco Rubio Hispanic crowd is much different than the you know, California Hispanic crowd in all kinds of different ways that I'll talk about when when we come back. Here's the coolest thing that's happened to me today that doesn't really even have anything to do with my vacation.
Speaker 2: It's more about AI and chat GPT.
Speaker 9: So I could not figure out an espresso machine in the room, and like, I need coffee or I'm going to pull somebody's head off, you know. And it was a new kind of an espresso machine that I'd never seen before, and just I couldn't get it to work. I took a picture of it on my phone, pressed one button and said, how do you make this thing work?
Speaker 2: It went to chat GPT and it came.
Speaker 9: Back and so do you press that button to the left and that other one after it blink and it just it looked at it, figured out what it was, got thet ructions and told me, how awesome is that?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 2: That is great? We did Jack.
Speaker 4: Perhaps you can listen to the podcast. Armstrong and Getty on Demand did a little ab with an article about a galoo was using AI as her career counselor, and how incredibly great it was in ways that I won't redescribe. But and then the b was an article about how, with very few tweaks it could give you some really fine ideas for wiping out the Jews or wiping out white people, or a backdoor portal into the White House it system or whatever just turned evil at the drop of a hat.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I'm sure how to make a bomb out of crockpot if you wanted to, or something like that.
Speaker 2: Oh boobs, I see him right over there. Boobs, hair boobscar boobs. There are bear boobs here. Sam's head is going to pop off.
Speaker 9: When I was a fifteen year old high school boy, I never saw anything like this before. Oh my got he is going to be He's going to be texting his friends on the download.
Speaker 2: Dudes, you can't believe this. Free the nipple?
Speaker 9: What is it, hey, Katie? What is the appeal of a topless beach? Is it tanlines? Is it like feminism?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 10: Probably a mixture of both. The tanlines can get really tacky if you get dark.
Speaker 2: So does it make you feel wild or like seen? Or I just I.
Speaker 10: Don't even understand, I've never gone to a topless beach, so I don't know what they are feeling in that exact moment. I would assume they feel quite free. I'll go ask her a nice.
Speaker 2: Breeze do it? Do it compliment? Or two? You look very fit? Do you work out?
Speaker 10: Oh? My god, I just help here and tell her how pretty her eyes are.
Speaker 9: Man, if it's this hot here on the beach by the water, We're going to the Everglades on Sunday, where it's supposed to be significantly more humid and hot. I can't imagine what that's going to you. Like, I'll be wishing an alligator would bite my head off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, speaking of which, have you seen any of the big lizards with the boys yet?
Speaker 2: No? We just we are.
Speaker 6: We are.
Speaker 9: We arrived, as I explained it, three in the morning, basically, so we haven't done much yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I just had a U I just had a lobster onlet that was pretty fantastic.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll bet, I'll bet so.
Speaker 4: Is there surf there or there crashing waves or is it pretty placid?
Speaker 2: It's I'd say it's in between.
Speaker 9: It's like perfect for being out there in the water and bob up and down, but not going to drag you out to see and kill you.
Speaker 2: I might run a jet ski and had to Cuba the good Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the little reverse mary l boat left good idea. Yeah, they'll welcome you with open arms. H isn't it crazy how warm the Atlantic is compared.
Speaker 2: To the Pacific.
Speaker 9: And then yet but salmon henry are out there right now, and sam and hates cold water, so it must be pretty comfy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I still remember the shock of stepping into the Pacific Ocean for the first time, having grown up is kid who vacationed on the East Coast and thinking.
Speaker 2: Sweet mother, God, go wrong. No, the Atlantic Ocean in the summertime is like a path. Seriously.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's like so all those beach boys songs, you know, all the surfing you know, they're all shrunk up underneath those shorts.
Speaker 4: It's freezing cool, right, or they're wearing wet suits or whatever, But certainly more than.
Speaker 2: The harlots of South Beach. I don't approve.
Speaker 9: I liked the way everybody on the plane last night just accepted the fact that we sat there for an hour fifteen with no explanation whatsoever. Before we took off, and everybody just accepts that now because it's just part of the deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody felt the need to explain. Nobody even ask. You just think, well, I guess this is just the way it is flying now. Didn't used to be that way.
Speaker 9: Somebody would have made a big deal out of the fact that we've been sitting here for an hour fifteen before we took off and we're gonna be late for everything.
Speaker 2: That's just part of the deal.
Speaker 4: Now, switching to my business reporter hat, it'll be interesting to see the evolution of Southwest airlines as they have evolved. Somewhat the late night comedians making jokes about Spirit and Jet Blue and all those other alternate airlines. That's not from nothing. They didn't make that stuff up. That derision came from somewhere. Which direction does the great Southwest go?
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you don't want to end up being like a Spirit or a Bowling, where you're just an endless punchline.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, absolutely not so obviously. Rest of today that way more boobs. I gotta gotta turn my head this way. I don't want to be I don't anybody think I'm staring.
Speaker 2: I'll look this.
Speaker 4: There's a cop car over there. I'll stare at the cop car. That's what ill did, Jack have vacation in the South of France. You'll get used to it, They'll get used to it. Everything will be fine, very very soone we have the breast arm. The breast alarm has sounded. Ladies and gentlemen, head to the shelters.
Speaker 9: I don't want to be old guy at the beach staring at twenty year old's boobs, So I got to make sure my head is going the right direction.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna stay. But you don't have to look at a cop car either. But do you have to right to look in the direction you choose?
Speaker 2: Jack, this is America. That's trouble.
Speaker 9: You wouldn't You wouldn't be able to tell it because I haven't heard anybody speak English and quite some time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Although, getting back to the Cuban culture thing, it's a shame that goddamn communists are in charge of Cuba, because the food is incredible, the music is wonderful, the people are hardworking and industrious.
Speaker 2: It's it's a shame.
Speaker 9: I was thinking that last night, this whole South Beach vibe would be all of Cuba, and people would be traveling from all over the world to spend the kind of money they spend here in Cuba. Those idiot communists, uh, you know, missing out on all that.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what used to happen until Chae Guovera and old weird Beard Castro got the nod. But what are you gonna do? Nothing's forever anything exciting this afternoon, or you just chill out after your all night shirts in Miami. Oh my god, punch of minute. Probably not quite as cool to do. Yeah, no kidding, I guess yeah.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, excuse me, you and the T shirt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jacob Vera and his guys they executed my grandfather for no reason other than he was a school teacher. So yeah, yeah, try that in South Beach beaches. Anyway, go vacation, have a good time.
Speaker 2: Did we lose him? That's fine, We're going to break anyway.
Speaker 4: Jack weighing in from the hot, steamy beaches of Miami. We'll be back and finished wrong. Next funny coincidence. There's breaking news is I'm speaking these words that the University of Virginia president has resigned. The Justice Department was after him because he had been enthusiastically continuing illegal DEI programs, specifically racial discrimination, you know, relying on the ridiculous but popular canard that the way you fix any racial problems of history through lots and lots of racism. The Justice Department was looking into the schools clinging to DEI efforts and good, I'm glad he quit. It's it's a step in the right direction anyway, because our universities and schools are hotbeds of this stuff. And also the Supreme Court earlier today had ruled that yes, parents can absolutely demand that their kids can opt out of so called lgbt Q plus minus over the power of three stories in Maryland schools as they were teaching kids radical gender theory in like third grade, and the parents are saying, you've got to give us, We've got to be able to take our kids out of school and and and not hear that stuff. It's it's absolutely antithetical to our religion and our morals and our beliefs about the world and the rest of it. So that's that's another a great blow. Oppression comes from the left and the right alike always has in fact, you know, whether it's you want to cite the horseshoe theory that you know, towards the you know, end of the horseshoe, the left and right are pretty close to each other.
Speaker 2: And who was it? Oh? Was it?
Speaker 4: Iin Ran somebody made the brilliant point that affectional that effectively, there's really no difference between left and right. They throw different phony academic rationales at you as to why they ought to be in charge of everything, but what they share is a systematic subjugation of individual rights in favor of government control. And it's funny that those two things should break as I'm getting ready to finish up the last show before Independence Day next week.
Speaker 2: We're all on vacation next week.
Speaker 4: But after Thomas, Jefferson and Adams, mostly with some help from Ben Franklin, drafted the Declaration of Independence and went through Continental Congress and everything. The first paragraph is just saying, look, we're breaking with England, and we owe everybody an explanation why. It's a famous paragraph, but I'm going to skip to the second one. We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness that to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Anything that departs from that, no matter the excuse, no matter the long explanation, the eloquent to Ebrame's kindibook or the phony sixteen nineteen project or what have you, anything that departs from those couple of sentences, feel free to reject it with confidence, because they are false words of false prophets.
Speaker 2: I'm ready.
Speaker 3: To listen to the thought from a strong again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks, weird singing guy.
Speaker 4: Hey, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the week. There he's pressing the buttons, Michelangelo, Michael, what's your final thought?
Speaker 2: Real quick?
Speaker 8: This childhood memory involved uh an entire brick of firecrackers and a lot of bottle rockets and a trip to a certain state with loose firework laws. And that's all I'll say. It's just a fictional, you know thing, but it.
Speaker 4: Was fun, beloved American tradition. That's right, Katie Green or a steam Newswoman. As a final thought.
Speaker 10: Katie, it has been so long since I have had zero plans, and I have zero plans for next week.
Speaker 2: I'm excited about it.
Speaker 4: You know I've occasionally quoted Paul McCartney to my my wife, Oh at magic feeling nowhere to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's nice sometimes, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I'm going to guest guess ad Jack's final thought, look boobs as he is there in South Beach where sometimes the nipple is indeed free. My final thoughts, Happy Independence Day, God bless this country. Read the Declaration of Independence again. It's worth it, It's really really important.
Speaker 2: I hope everybody has a great week.
Speaker 4: We have some very carefully prepared best of and stuff you've never heard, it's never aired before. We'll see you next Monday, God bless them. Ere Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: You're gonna tell me that you don't have no black cats, no Roman candles or screaming mamies.
Speaker 2: No, Oh, come on, man, you don't got no.
Speaker 6: Lady fingers, buzz butterles, sneaker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zif he do dies or craft flappers.
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 6: You're gonna stand there owning a fireworks stand and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, No, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey ladders, hooskerdoos, hoosker don'ts cherry bombs, nips and dazers, whether without the scooter stick or one single whistling kiddy jaser.
Speaker 5: No, because snakes and sparklers are the only ones I like.
Speaker 2: What that might be a problem.
Speaker 6: It's not what you like.
Speaker 2: It's the consumer. Armstrong and getty,