Speaker 1: Welcome in What's drive in the great episode four to four. This episode, as always, is brought to you by Boost Mobile as we get into the kind of the PostScript era of this iteration of the dynasty of the last decade my Kansas City Chiefs as the season from Hell comes crashing down in sports tragic fashion with Patrick Mahomes suffering a torn ACL and LCL in the waning moments of another frustrating bad game for the Chiefs as a whole, which was every game they played after the bye kind of felt the same, except for the cow Boys game, where the offense got going but the defense couldn't get any stops, And where they all felt the same was they just didn't look like the Chiefs at any point post October this year. So and now what will they look like as we get into whether or not Travis Kelcey is going to continue playing, what Patrick is going to look like post acl and all of that. So that will be the lead of today's show, obviously, But there's other news, and some of the other news is in a weird way tied in with the Chiefs. Says, you could make an argument that the single best defensive player during Patrick's career, he's been the best player in football. You could make an argument that over that same timeline, the best defensive player in football's been Micah Parsons. I know Miles Garrett, you know, would take issue with that, but he's started in the discussion. And Micah also lost for the season to a torn acl so we will get into that. The Patriots collapse against Buffalo that Monday Night football. Are the Steelers for real? All of that coming up. Demons, How are you? I got your Christmas card? That is, you have officially sent out Christmas cards in your lifetime before I've ever sent them out in my lifetime, So hat tip to you on that one. I am a feeling that was more Maddie's doing than you're doing. However, maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to comment on that. Yeah, you're probably more correct than you're not correct.
Speaker 1: But those were. It was delightful to get those. Great to see you, and we'll get right into it. Straight to voicemail brought to you by Boost Mobile. The Commanders are shutting down Jayden Daniels for the year, or they are. Their season from Hell's different from Kansas City's, but maybe in some ways more torturous after they felt so close last year and it's like, Okay, next year, we're gonna be awesome. Instead next year they're they're not good and their quarterback suffers multiple injuries and now they're just shutting him down. Fernando Mendoza wins the Heisman Trophy and Diego Pavia postf all the voters in you know, some Andy Kaufman esque bit to tank his draft stock as much as he possibly can. A reminder to everybody like rate subscribe review that does greatly help us out. That would be a wonderful holiday gift to us if you guys subscribe to the channel on YouTube and or on iTunes or Spotify. But demands, let's get right into it. Chiefs lose, Chiefs eliminated, Patrick injured.
Speaker 2: One of the weirdestest reason that I've had to do for this show. It was very strange. Chiefs eliminated from the playoffs after the loss of the Chargers, Patrick mahomes with the torn ACL and LCL.
Speaker 3: They're done.
Speaker 2: Yesterdayson you said that this was the end of a chapter or in the via chapter.
Speaker 1: So I'll get into that part in a second. First, I want to say this, this is pro football, and this Yes, this is my hometown team, and yes I have a personal relationship for with Patrick, and so Andy's the face of the league and one of the defining players in league history. All of those things make this extra gutting in the short term, and we'll see what it means in the long term. But I don't want to overstate the how do I put this, because the devastation of the moment is real. The sympathy or empathy that folks should have for me or for Chiefs fans or whatever right now, I think that's overstated because this is pro football, and this happens, and it was the Chief's turn to have the year from hell, and it was sadly Patrick's turned to roll craps, and he was fighting through a knee injury the last few weeks. He was on the injury report. The last few weeks. You saw him laboring. We said after Week one, man, he sure ran a lot and sure took a lot of hits. And there's a tax to all of it. There just is. And there is a cost to the twenty game seasons. There is a cost to the offensive line injuries. There is a cost to Patrick's refusal to sit out a game when his knee was obviously bothering him. There is a cost to the Chiefs being in must win, gotta have it elimination games this early in the season. You extend your body, you extend plays, you put yourself out there, and this happens. This is not I am sick for Patrick. I'm sick for myself, but I'm also the Patriots and their fans watch Tom Brady go down the first week of a season. The Colts and their fans watched Peyton Manning miss a whole year with neck injury. The Packers and their fans watched Pete Aaron Rodgers knocked out for half a season with a snapped collar bone. Like the Ravens twice have had Lamar late in a year, get hurt and never come back. The Bengals and Joe Burrow have had multiple seasons derailed by the guy getting hurt. Like this is pro sports and this sport in particular, And so I I am trying to balance how much it sucks that Patrick is going through this, how much the reality of we now have a line of demarcation in Patrick's career that's going to be before and after the ACL and we're going to see how he recovers from it, how he attacks it, how it changes for good or for bad, the player that he is and I and I can recognize that and do me a favorite. Guys, don't put questions in the rundown near the top of it. Sorry, this is a production note while we're doing it. It's good. I lose my train of thought and I can recognize all of that while also not feeling like woe is me? Is appropriate. This has been as good of a seven year run as any football fan base ever gotten. Seven years of conference championship games, five Super Bowl appearances, three Super Bowl victories. That you can put it up against anything any team has done in the history of the sport. This seven years matches any seven years the Patriots had, any seven years the Niners in the eighties had, and the Steelers in the seventies is a weird one because they won four super Bowls but they didn't get to the conference championship game every year and they didn't get to five super Bowls. That that's a tomato tomato thing. You can say that one was better, but it's at least in the argument and now the Chiefs received back into football general population and then see if they can emerge once again. And I and I hate that I have talked about this comp so much and now it is even more apropos. But you guys have heard me whenever we have done the Brady Mahomes career stuff, talk about in his eight years a starter, Tom blew out his knee, and then that team had its only real lull. Obviously they missed the playoffs the year Tom missed. They still want eleven games, by the way, which is shout out to how unbelievable the seven Pats and eight Pats were as a roster. And then in two thousand and nine Tom wasn't his best. They won ten games and got annihilated in round one of the playoffs. And in twenty ten Tom was exceptional. That team was fourteen and two, and then they lost one of the weirdest playoff games ever Mark Sanchez and the New York Jets. And then in twenty eleven they started their run. And I don't know what is I here is as far as this not being what's the right way to put this, in a weird way, I feel worse for Packer fans with the Mica injury than for Chief fans with the Mahomes injury. In this regard, I was wrong about this team. They didn't have it this year. And so had they been eleven and three in that game and or I guess ten and three because that was right? How do I have this right? I'm all scattered ten and three going into that game and had looked great. It was like, man, this is another championship level team. I think this would sting even more. But it was pretty clear it became I came to terms with where this Chiefs team was about an hour and a half before Mahomes's injury, the final drive of the first half up thirteen to three, letting the Chargers drive the length of the field, the combo platter of not being able to punch in the Herbert interception and getting seven, and then later in the second quarter allowing them to go the length of the field in forty seconds to take what could have been a seventeen to three or at the very least thirteen to three, or worst case scenario, thirteen to six lead into halftime in a must win home game, letting the Chargers, whose offense right now is not very good, go the length of the field to make it thirteen to ten, and then watching the Chiefs offense do nothing the entire second half. They didn't have it. And so this was not the Chiefs leaving a man, left a potential championship on the table because the quarterback got hurt. They were not good enough.
Speaker 3: This year.
Speaker 1: Was wrong. I talked a lot of shit, poked at a lot of folks as soon as they looked like the Chiefs. Again, that was a brief mirage in who this scene was this season, and I do feel demonse that they are about to have a mirror held up to some of their structural issues that Patrick was holding together over these last three weeks of the year, because I think they are going to lose to the Tennessee Titans. I think they are going to get beat up by the Denver Broncos. Okay, and then we'll see Week eighteen Raiders Chiefs in Vegas. You know who shows up for that. But I think with these o line injuries, this lack of a running game, and one of the bigger disappointments of this season is the lack of development from the wide receivers. I think you're going to see what this offense looks like with bad quarterback play, because I understand Mahomes numbers after the bye the Cowboys game notwithstanding, were ghastly. The Cowboys game is the one thing propping them up. I think you're about to see what actual bad quarterback play would look like with the team right now, with its issues. And I do think that there needs to be some real soul searching is too strong, but some personal accountability by everyone involved in the team. And hey, how do we make sure the next time Patrick takes the field this team doesn't have as many glaring weaknesses as it had in twenty twenty five. And listen, it's hard. There is a reason only one team ever's gone to four straight Super Bowls. There's a reason only one team ever has gone to more than seven straight conference championship games. There is a reason only three other teams ever had gone to three straight Super Bowls. What the Chiefs accomplished was certain things were unprecedented, and certain things were only you know, had only been accomplished by one or two of the other greatest dynasties ever. But you saw some of the where of the late draft picks of guys not developing of some a draft miss here, a free agency missed there, a poorly timed injury there, and they couldn't run the ball and they couldn't rush the passer all year long. And these receivers who I like. I think Rashid Rice has the ability to be excellent. I saw him be exceptional for the second half of his rookie season. I know the talent Xavier Worthy has, but those guys not developing into fully formed, legitimate man beating wide receivers hurt this team a lot too. And so those are the things that you address moving forward for the Chiefs, and then you see what version of Patrick we have when he comes back.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 1: The type of competitor and legendary athlete he is, that there is a very good chance he comes back as a better player as a player that if he especially if he can't early on rely as much on his athleticism, is even more precise in the pocket and traditional drop back since then he's been the last couple of years, and so I'm not worried about Patrick. And I would put I understand it was a terrible injury and he tore two ligaments. I would put all my money on him being back for Week one next year. It's right at nine months, and I think he'll do it. And what will the team around him look like is the question. Demon's know, some follow ups here before we get to other stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were talking about making sure the roster is good from homes whenever he comes back. If Brett Veech hit you up today and asked what they should do to retool the team, how would you go about it?
Speaker 1: I mean, I listen. I think the biggest weakness right now is not being able to get a pass rush outside of Chris Jones. And they spent a first round pick on a player a couple of years ago who was put on the IR. This year, they spent a second round pick on Omar Norman Lot, a d tackle who was put on the IR early in the year. This was not a good Karloff this year and they just paid him. So I think that that is the first thing that I would address, and the other one is they need to have listen. Isaiah Pacheco was an unbelievable story as a seventh round pick and he was very productive and then and again it's pro football man, he broke his leg and has him been the same, and I feel sick for him. I hate the fact that he never really got paid. I and he's a champion and you know, really helped the team before those injuries, but he hasn't been the same since then, and they can't run the ball effectively. So what they are going to have demons next year is a third place schedule and something like the tenth, eleventh, twelfth pick of the draft, which are two things that you never would have thought they would have going into this year. And so you have to take advantage of those things, and you also have to prepare for life after Travis Kelcey. Even though it seems like a lot of people are fully convinced Travis's retiring, I am not fully convinced of that. I obviously not only is it possible, you could say it's likely, but I don't know that he has made up his mind, and I because I don't want to, right And so now you don't always get to pick how you go out. Travis's brother played in the Super Bowl against the Chiefs, the famous you know, when they the first Eagle Chief Super Bowl. They lost that Super Bowl. He decided to come back for one more year, and that was the year of the Eagles supernatural funk and meltdown and quitting in the playoff game, and that's how he went out one of the greatest sinners ever. Travis lost in the Super Bowl, decided to come back and now like his last moments with Mahomes on the field are dark, that what that was, and so I don't know. I don't know what he's going to do. He is still a good player. Is he a dominant player anymore? No? Is he still one of the this year? Was he one of the five best tight ends in football? Yes? And so he still has football left in him. The question is if he wants to keep doing go ahead?
Speaker 2: Do you think if it's a note that his brother he sat out that year and then his team won the Super Bowl the next year, I think his brother's got to tell him to stick in and stay with him. Maybe you guys will get this.
Speaker 1: Oh that's interesting. Yeah, I mean yeah, I mean, I guess that's right. Is the first year after.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they won Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Point?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's your predictions for the next chapter?
Speaker 1: Listen, I think that I think that as long as you have the as long as you have Patrick Mahomes and Andy's not going anywhere. And I understand there's been some criticism of Andy. I don't think this was his best year. I think Andy will is one of the greatest coaches in NFL history. And I do think that they, you know, the the Chiefs offense post b enemy with Matt Nagy hasn't been as guys are not running as wide open as they once were and things aren't quite as easy, and so they do need to address that. But I believe Andy Reid is gonna be the coach of the Chiefs as long as he wants to be the coach of the Chiefs, and I'm good with that. And Spags isn't going anywhere. And I believe Mahomes will come back and still be Mahomes, and so I do think that they can snap back to top tier contender. They were the favorites to win the Super Bowl twenty nine days ago. But it's the NFL man.
Speaker 3: Like shit hacken crazy. I mean, ago just weight.
Speaker 1: On the super Bowl twenty nine days But you know, you gotta win games, you gotta play better, you gotta get lucky on the injury stuff, and so I Will I think that they will be the favorites in the AFC West again the start of next year. I think that, and you know, we'll get to Denver and the Chargers later in the show. I think that they will. If Buffalo does what it looks like Buffalo could do, they might have someone to go chase, which you know what, like, that's how it's supposed to be. And I am not worried at all that the Chiefs are not going to get back to being the scariest team in football. I am acknowledging that this year will across the board is looked at as a failure. And then you you double that up with the pain of the injury to Patrick, and you double that up with the Broncos in the Chargers having the years they've had, and it's like, Okay, they're gonna have a fight on their hands every year, so be it. I am. I think having the most talented player in the history of the sport at the most important position, who now has something to go prove, is a good position to start from. Hey, guys, want to know where I bet on sports during the holiday season? Hard Rock Bet not just because it's the presenting sponsor of our show, but because they make it easy to bet on my far favorite teams, players and leagues in just a few simple taps, especially with their brand new for you page that recommends picks based on my favorites and who I like to bet on. I open the app, go to my for you page, find a bet I like, and then bam, my bet is placed, just in time for me to get back to wrapping presents and enjoy my favorite Christmas movie. Sign up today and bet five dollars on any game. If it wins, you also score one hundred thy dollars in bonus bets a winning bet plus an extra one hundred fifty dollars to bet with. Now that's spreading holiday cheer. Plus. Hard Rock Bet fills your stockings with new promos daily, so whenever you're listening, just open the app. Check out what you've got any day of the week. Download the hard Rock Bet app and make your first deposit today. Payble and bonus bets not a cash offer. Offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida in Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital, LLC. In all other states. Must be twenty one plus in physics present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida, call one eight eight to eight. Admit it. In Indiana. If you were someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia. All right, Demanda, let's get to these other games.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So, if Burrow's press conference last week wasn't bad enough, he came out this week and said that no NFL team would have won with him playing at quarterback after getting shut out Ravens twenty four to zero. After the game, Burrow had said that his comments had nothing to do with the Bengals specifically, it was just football in general. Do you think that that might be worse?
Speaker 1: Man? I don't know what's going on with Joe Burrow, And you know, my theory is a very simple one, which is and I talked to her this last week, so we don't have to harp on it too much. Year one, he blows out his knee. Year two he plays in the Super Bowl. Year three plays in the AFC Championship Game, and then year four he suffers that calf injury before the year, and then the wrist injury during the year, and he's out. Year five, he's healthy, but the team is just terrible as far as their defense, and it doesn't matter how good he is. And in year six, the really weird turf toe and he's like, man, this sucks. I'm getting the shit kicked out of me. The team since I've been here one year, maybe two years, we had a good defense. The other years the defenses have been a problem. Every year the offensive line has been bad. He won't even shovel off the seats for our fans at the stadium, and like, this isn't a fun life right now. And so I hed he is a thoughtful guy, and he also is a very private guy, and I don't think he's loved the celebrity piece of NFL quarterback. It would be stunning to me if he is actually contemplating being done playing football. I don't think that's happening. It would not be stunning to me if he is considering forcing his way out of Cincinnati that would not be stunning to me. What are your follow.
Speaker 2: Ups here, pal So Ma Ravens obviously got the big win, but it probably wasn't because of Lamar's play solely. I guess how confident are you that he can turn it around in the last few.
Speaker 1: Weeks, Listen, Lamar was good in this game, but it was such it was so. I mean, he's eight of twelve for a bunch of yards. But it's a weird game, yeah, I mean, they just the the Ravens never had the ball. They ran like forty plays and Lamar dropped back sixteen times, got picked once not his fault, sacked four times, only ran twice. Like so, it's a weird Lamar game. Here is the bigger piece of it. Demonsey, I think it's just because the defense did play really well, and I know, like people are excited for what could be Sunday Night Football Week eighteen, Steelers Ravens Division on the line. I'm not sure the Ravens get there because here is the Patriots.
Speaker 2: If they win this Patriots game, I'm all in on them. If they can they can secure this. I think we're sure.
Speaker 3: I'm one hundred percent, not totally confident right now.
Speaker 1: Right, And so if we just say the Steelers are gonna split with the Lions and the Browns, Okay, if the Ravens lose to the Patriots and the Packers week eighteen doesn't matter. If the Ravens lose their next two to the Patriots and the Packers and the Steelers split and those are tough games man, Patriots, Packers, then the Steelers win the division before week eighteen. Another way to look at it, if the Steelers somehow go to and oh against the Lions and the Browns, and you gotta think they're gonna beat the Browns, then if the Ravens lose one of Patriots Packers week eighteen doesn't matter. So if the Steelers get one more win, then Baltimore over the next two weeks and Baltimore has the Patriots and the Packers and the Steelers have the Lions in the do you think.
Speaker 2: We have the more winnable game this week? But but yeah, there's three weeks left.
Speaker 1: I mean you think that I don't know that the Lions are worse than the Patriots or better than the Patriots, Like I think it's a toss up.
Speaker 2: I think I'm more scared of the Lions just because they've got the older, you know, older quarterback, more seasoned team.
Speaker 1: No, that's fair, and they are certainly more death pritt than New England. But New England knows if they lose this game, they're basically eliminated from getting the bye, and all of a sudden, maybe Buffalo can catch them. I just don't. I don't think the Ravens got it, and I think there's a very real chance that Week eighteen doesn't matter. And I guess the bright side for Ravens fans would be if that happens. And because I think the Ravens fans are over it, I think we're done with I think John Harbaugh they have a mutual parting of ways. Yeah, I do think that we'll get more to the Steelers in their win last night, which is kind of part of what I part of the reason I'm skeptical of the Ravens right now is Rogers is playing the best. You know, he was awesome two weeks ago. He was good enough last night. And and the Steelers, after Tomlin's on the hot seat, they get back to back quality wins and now we're staring at you know, they still have the Browns on the schedules we mentioned, if they can find a way to go to Detroit and win, they feel like we potentially can just clinch the division in Week seventeen against Cleveland. All right, let's go to the next game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Denver's on eleven game winning streak after beating green Bay with a little bit of a surprise win. They had the number one seed going into Week fifteen green Bay, but the Packers lost the game and obviously Michael Parsons went down. Where do you think Green Bay fans expectations should be for this season?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think that I think it's now too much injury wise. I think that their best. If you take out their quarterback, their most important all defensive players, Tucker Craft, he's done for the year, Their most important defensive players. Micah Parsons, He's done for the year. And this is why I didn't want to This is one of the reasons why I didn't want to do like too much, like woe is me, poor Chiefs fans off the top, Like I mean, if you're a Packers fan and you haven't been to a super Bowl in fifteen years, and you have felt all year long like this team is super Bowl caliber, and you're coming off finally looking like the team that you thought you could be at the beginning of the year. Four straight wins, beating the Lions, beating the Bears, You're up nine against Denver, and then all of a sudden it turns on you and Mike is out for the year, and now you Green Bay are like, oh shit, for we were staring at the one seed. We're now need to make sure we win this weekend against Chicago or else us. You know, could we slip out of the playoff picture? Probably not. But if we lose this week into Chicago, are we going to be on the road as a wild card in the brutal NFC? Yes, And so I I just don't think you can sustain. This is the comp I used on the show yesterday. If four years ago to Monsey, with a month left in the season, the Chiefs lost Kelsey and Chris Jones, we'd be like, oh, we're just We're just and yeah, they already lost Craft and they were overcoming it, and now to lose Micah. I just think Mike is such a difference maker and such a great player.
Speaker 2: Different Oh sorry, go ahead, how differently do you feel about Micah's future comeback versus malmes.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I also I do think this. I think that that it is. I think an ACL can be a tougher injury for a pass rusher than a quarterback with the bend and the explosiveness and the speed and the athleticism Micah has, so it would I think it is more. Again, I think they both are young enough and sick enough workers and good enough athletes to just come back from it full strength. But if you were to tell me one of those two guys is not quite the same player post injury, you'd have to think it's the guy who relies more on fast twitch and his and.
Speaker 3: That pushing at somebody.
Speaker 1: Pushing, bending and all like all of it. That just so I'm not I'm going to as a football fan just believe they're both gonna come back as good as ever. But it does feel like it can be a tougher injury for that position. And I just I am I'm I'm I'm sick for him. Uh And I'm really really sick for Packer fans because this was a year you definitely had a real chance to win the Super Bowl. And listen, Packer fans. I hope this gets clipped and used against me, and genuinely sincerely, I don't want you guys to be cooked because of injury. I opened six weeks you guys send this to me like fucking told you we could. I don't want to be right that injuries ruined your season, But man, it feels like injuries might have ruined your season. Let's do the other side of the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was on the winning side. Do you believe in what you're seeing out of bo Nicks over the last month?
Speaker 3: Look pretty good? Making the right plays.
Speaker 1: More than making the right plays. That game against the Packers, he was awesome. And I am trying to weigh all of this at once. Prior a month ago, he was unequivocally the weak link of that team. A month ago, going into that Chiefs game, he was having a bad season. They were winning despite him. He then played really well in the Chiefs game, then played really well in was it the Vikings game? I can't even did they play the I can't remember if they played the Vikings. No, Washington. It was the Washington game, the game that Mariota had the two point conversion knockdown, and then he played the best game he's ever played against Denver against Green Bay. He's a young player. As far as he's in year two, he should be getting better. So all of that is fair and true. What is also fair and true is this, there wasn't a thing from his first year and a half that made you believe he could be the starting quarterback of a super Bowl team. Now the last month he's been excellent, and if he just plays be football, Denver can win a super Bowl. The defense is great, the offensive line is great. Sean Payton, as much as he annoys me, has been excellent, and they have a stranglehold demands on the one seed. Their comeback, combined with the Patriots collapse, put them in such a great position to get the one seed, which is so valuable. So I still don't believe, to be clear, but I am wow. No, I I am giving credit for the last month of football. I also think it is going to end up having been an aberration in who he is as a player. But I also have to be prepared for this to be a classic Category three.
Speaker 2: This would be a seat like a real, real, real season from hell for you.
Speaker 1: Oh well yeah, but I mean it's alright, listen, the the Broncos potentially being the one seed when I picked him to finish last in the division. That's already a category three. That is, they just stone wrong and I gotta eat it bo Nicks turning into a legit franchise quarterback. I might have to create a new category on how wrong that would make me. I still have a hard time believing that's actually going to happen, but I can't pretend like that Packers game didn't happen. Now. Do I think this Bronco season ends potentially prematurely in a home playoff game because Nicks plays poorly? Yeah? I do, But we'll see. We'll wait and see how it goes. Hey, guys, Buying men's jewelry used to be a nightmare, especially around the holidays. There's either cheap stuff that broke after a week or overpriced with ridiculous markups. That's why I rock with g l D. They've changed the game. You get quality jewelry that's built to last without blowing your entire holiday budget on one item. And unlike a lot of other companies, GLD only uses real gold. Every single stone is meticulously handset. Plus the proprietary production process make sure you're getting the highest quality jewelry possible. You can literally see and feel the difference and listen. Don't just take my word for it. Over two million customers and fifty thousand five star reviews back it up. Not to mention, it's worn by some of the biggest names out there, from Justin Bieber to Kevin Durant, A Sabaracki and a ton more. Best part, every single piece is guaranteed for life. This holiday, you have the chance to give more than just jewelry. You can give a gift that lasts forever with GLD. GLD has an official collab with the NFL, so you can get every NFL team on a pendant this season. They also have official collabs with the NBA, WNBA, MLB, NCAA, MLS and even DC Comics Change Impendance that let you rep what you love, work hard, and change the game. Right now, GLD is making holiday shopping easy for limited time only. New customers getting Insane deal use code right to get fifty percent off at GLD. That's fifty percent off with code right wr ighd at GLD dot com. After you purchase, they'll ask where you heard about them, support our show, tell them we sent you. I do imagine they'll know that though with the promo code right wrighd again, work hard change the game. Right now, GLD is making Holidays shipping easy for limited time only new customers get this insane deal again guys, fifty percent off at GLD dot com with code right wr ighd GLD dot com. All right, demonse, let's do Bills pats here.
Speaker 2: So the Bills came out there and showed the Patriots who was big bro. And in that tamgame winning streak, they were up twenty one zero. Now that you were done with Kansas City, are you on Buffalo for the rest of the year.
Speaker 3: Who's second in the as well?
Speaker 1: Listen, right now, the Bills are my pick to win the conference. My pick the Chiefs got eliminated, and so right now my pick would be Buffalo. There's no question about it. And Bill I was on Bill Simmons Show on Friday and he said I was trying to put like the milochia on the Bills and Josh Allen trying to jinx him. I'm not trying to do any of that. I am flatly saying that this is an opportunity that I do not imagine is going to present itself again anytime soon. That's all. I don't think Josh is likely to be in the playoffs another time in his prime, where Mahomes and Burrow and maybe Lamar are out. Also, if we assume that Drake May is only going to get better than we also have to assume that this is the worst Drake May's going to be. This is a great opportunity for and in his prime, future Hall of Famer veteran quarterback to go get to his first Super Bowl. And yeah, they're gonna probably have to do it from the wild card position, but they should have a Round one game against the AFC North winner that's nothing brutal to overcome, and then a Round two game either in New England where they just came back from twenty one to nothing down pretty easily, or in Denver against a Broncos team that they annihilated in the playoffs last year. That's the path. And so I thought that was a great win for Buffalo. And I want to make clear my thoughts on the Patriots here because I seem super anti Patriots, because Wilds has annoyed me so much. I picked the Pats to make the playoffs. I have said for the last month and a half that I think Drake May is just a top five quarterback in the league moving forward. I thought he's second in MVP all year long, certainly top three all year long, and I think they're ahead of schedule. The my where I say Wilds has annoyed me with it is if you believe this team can actually win the super Bowl and want to judge them by that standard, then by that standard, that was a devastating loss. This weekend. You have a chance to lock up the division, stay alive for the one seed, really stamp yourself as better than Buffalo, and you're up twenty one nothing and then they just walk you down and Drake May has his least productive passing game of the season. So if you're looking at this Pats team as this is a building block to the future, then no big deal. But if you're like man, it's the NFL, it's year to year, Washington, the last year was a building block to the future. Look at them now, I then that's a devastating loss. And I will also say, while my pick would be Buffalo, look out for the Jags now look Out average thirty two points per game since they're bye, that's like seven weeks ago. Since Thanksgiving, they're beating people by twenty two points a game. Trevor has ten touchdowns, no picks, a one twenty rating. He's played's come off a six touchdown game. He's playing his best at too early. I never bailed on Trevor. I never.
Speaker 2: I guess it was the betting the Jags, and I couldn't bet the Jags.
Speaker 1: I traded Jet. I traded Wilds, the uh Royal Trumpeteers because they were such a good part of the show that I thought and we thought the Patriots were going to be more relevant. But I always held out hope for my guy. Now early in the year, I thought he was going to have to prove how good he could be somewhere else with a different team. Uh. Later in his rallied and there they are a lot. They played Denver, There's they are alive for the one seed. Unlikely, but they're alive for the one seed. Hey, guys, I am so excited to see some Knicks basketball. Uh. You know this winter this winter break, Demons's baby sister Deanna made a point that she's somehow never been to MSG, even though we go there all the time. And so we're gonna go to a game over winter break. And that's why I want to give a sponsor to today's video. Seat geek a huge shout out. Over thirty five million downloads, seat geeks the number one rated ticketing app. More than seventy thousand events listed on seat geek, including concerts, sports festivals, and more. NFL in full swing, college football playoffs coming, NBA's officially back right now. You can even get World Cup tickets on seat geek. So again, you guys know that I've used seat geek for basically everything, but I am going to use seat geek to get let's see what game I think we're gonna go to Nick's Heat, which is Saturday the twenty first, or Sunday, pardon me, the twenty first at MSG. A couple of tickets, you can, you know, scroll through all the sections right there on seat geek. You guys know how it works. Big green dots those are great buys. Little red dots means stay away. They also score them on a scale of one to ten, which helps you out. Ten is a great deal, one's a bad deal. You guys understand how it works, and I've got a code for you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: You can use code right ten Wright ten for ten percent off your next set of tickets at seat Geek. That's ten percent off any tickets with promo code RTE ten. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later. Thank you to our friends at seat Geek. All right, demantay, let's talk a little Seahawks colts.
Speaker 2: So Philip Rivers came really close and one of the fun games of the weekend to defeating the Seahawks, but he couldn't quite do it.
Speaker 3: Is this just a field goal feel good story or is there something here?
Speaker 1: No, I everybody was talking about this like it was a make a wish thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, can we just see the.
Speaker 1: Guy threw twenty seven passes for one hundred and twenty yards and at the end of the game through the interception down two that ended the game. Like again, now they only had twenty seconds, it would have been an amazing job. So I'm not killing him for it. But this was not a success. It was And if it's like, well, we just wanted him to get out of there without getting injured. Your defense did an amazing job to forest Buckner back. Your defense did a great job on Seattle, holding them to six field goals. That was a winnable game. But when all of your passes go for two yards, you're gonna be in a rough spot. I was shocked they didn't have that. Seattle didn't blitz him more. It almost like it seemed it seemed I mean, yeah, but they needed the game, like Seattle in Seattle, San Francisco and the Rams they all look awesome, but two of them are gonna be wild cards. And Seattle and the Rams played each other this Thursday, and go ahead, I know you have follow up here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yes, yeah, you've been on the Seahawks.
Speaker 3: You've been on the Seahawks for a while.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Are you concerned? And how close this game was with Philip Rivers at quarterback?
Speaker 1: No. I think honestly, they saw Philip Rivers was starting and they're like, okay, this game is not for and they have the Rams coming up in four days. So the fact that they were able to escape with a win, I think your concern about Seattle is going to be is Darnold gonna play really poorly come the playoffs. But since that Rams loss, uh, you know, they blew out the Vikings, they blew out the Falcons, they escape against the Colts, and then now they go Rams, Panthers, Niners and really tough slate to end the year home though against the Rams. Rams won't to have DeVante Adams, and you know that could determine the one seed in the NFC. All right, you want to do a play a game here before we move off.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Cam Newton came out and was really mad. I shouldn't say really mad. It seemed like he was a little upset that he didn't get called for that.
Speaker 1: Was really mad. Oh, totally fair to say he was really mad.
Speaker 2: So I just tried to think in my head, like, would the Colts have won that game with Cam Newton? And I gotta say yes, But I'm gonna ask you a number of quarterbacks if they would have had instead of Philip Rivers, would they have won the game?
Speaker 3: So first off is Cam Newton? Oh go ahead? Sorry, sorry, I love Cam.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I shoulder was shot when he last played, Yeah, was shot. He couldn't throw the ball anymore. And so my answer is no, they wouldn't have won the game with Cam Newton.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll go to the next one.
Speaker 1: No, his shoulder was also shot. They wouldn't have won the game with him.
Speaker 3: Drew Brees.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Okay, I I given out. Maybe I think it was a close. Wasn't blitzing him. I'm gonna say maybe.
Speaker 3: Eli Manning.
Speaker 1: Eli, No, Eli's retired a year before Philip did. No, yeah, he's or maybe the same year as Philip, but doesn't matter. No, they wouldn't have won with Eli.
Speaker 2: Peyton Manny Eli At I'm not trying to come for the man, but like Eli doesn't really look like Philip Rivers looks like I'm retired. Like he looks like he's been for a minute. It looks like he might still have a little bit of Yeah. But Peyton Peyton, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say yes. Okay, care long he's been retired. I think given what the what we saw from Philip, how quick it was, I'm going to say yes with Peyton, Tom Brady no question might have won him out execut with how it worked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Andrew Luck last one.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say yes as well to Luck.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now Luck hasn't he just left. Yeah, but he's only like thirty six, So yeah, I'm gonna say yes with Andrew Luck. All right. You ever notice how everything keeps going up? Rints going up, streaming services going up, favorite burritos, Spot charging you extra for Salza. Not with boost Mobile, you and your phone don't have to play the will this go up soon? Game? Why? Because Boost Mobile has unlimited talk, text, and data plane at a price that will never go up. In fact, it's the same price you'll pay for light So switch for unlimited wireless at a price that'll never go up. Only at boost Mobile, customers paid twenty dollars per month as long as they remain active on the boost Unlimited plan. All right, let's do quick hitters demanse quick hurts.
Speaker 2: First off, Thursday night football game, Falcons defeat the Buccaneers twenty nine to twenty eight.
Speaker 1: That was a disastrous loss for Tampa and put them in a position where if the Panthers had just been able to beat the Saints this weekend, which they weren't, so we'll address that game here too, that the Bucks were gonna have to sweep Carolina in the week sixteen and eighteen to win the Division because of New Orleans terrible loss. Tampa now retakes control of the division. But that you're up fourteen in the fourth quarter in that game against Atlanta. That is an awful loss for Tampa. And BA got to play better and the defense has to play better. I still believe they're gonna make the playoffs, but that was awful.
Speaker 3: Next Rams defeats the Lions fort like that game.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, so this and we'll get to the Eagles Raiders in a minute. The and let me in fact, let me just do that. Yeah, we'll get to the Eagles Raiders in a minute. Uh. I think that the Rams just weekend week out look like the best team in football, and the Lions are now way behind the eight ball on making the playoffs. He's expanded playoff field Lions, after all the injuries last year, be really devastating for them not to make the playoffs. But they've just gone win loss, win loss, win loss, win loss win loss for like nine weeks in a row. And the Rams. The DeVante Adams hamstring is concerning, especially because they have such a huge game this weekend or not this week on Thursday. But if I'm them, I'm telling Davante, We'll see you in the playoffs. We need you healthy for the postseason. I mean, right now, they look like they have the league MVPN, that they're the best team, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, Eagles to feed the Raiders thirty one to zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so listen, it's hard to have a preseason pick more wrong than my Raiders belief. And they're just the worst team in the NFL, which makes it hard to determine. Did the Eagles fix their issues or did they just play the Raiders? And so I guess we'll see with how but it's just hard to take anything from a Raiders game at this point because they're so bad.
Speaker 2: Next the Sunday night game, Fvikings to feed the Cowboys thirty four to twenty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah. JJ McCarthy played the best game of his pro career, and the Cowboys essentially into their playoff hopes, and George Pickens seems like he's, you know, just really in a quest to tank his free agency market in a way I don't understand, And the Cowboys get their fans hopes up and then the last two weeks they come crashing down.
Speaker 3: Next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Texans defeat the Cardinals forty to twenty.
Speaker 1: The Texans are legitimately very scary team right now, Like you could argue that they are the second scariest team in the AFC right in this moment. And see if CJ starts keeps playing well with that defense. Yeah, they can play with anybody. Next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Commanders defeat the Giants twenty nine to twenty one.
Speaker 1: Didn't watch second of this game. I got nothing for you on it.
Speaker 2: Next, Okay, the Bears defeat the Browns thirty one to three. Yeah, the pass was insane. Oh I thought it was incompletion because I had the sound off, but that that was wild.
Speaker 1: Well, there was a pat so that pass right after it happened, I thought it was picked and it was a touchdown right door at a pass that I thought was a touchdown that ended up being paid. So a little unfortunate. Some of the you know, shador optimism, you know, gets tempered a bit after that game. We'll see how he responds in his final three games. Caleb, though, just shows you flashes where you're like, holy shit, this guy an MVP. He needs to be more consistent. But the Bears now have ten wins, and they win this weekend and they lock themselves into the playoffs. It would now take a collapse for Chicago to miss the playoffs. And so that's a hell of a year for them.
Speaker 2: Next, yep, forty nine to defeat the Titans thirty seven to twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Niners just quietly stay alive for the one seed Purty playing his best ball. And I know that's the Titans, But the Niners dealing with all these injuries and it is, they are quietly a very scary playoff team at the moment. All right, let's go to the listener questions demanse Uh.
Speaker 2: First off, we got a bunch of people in the chat are asking about Eric beenemy coming back and eventually being the successor to Andy.
Speaker 1: Listen, maybe he comes back. I don't think he's gonna be the successor to Andy. I for one reason or another, Like there's a reason nobody has hired bne Me to be their head coach. It just and so I do think that when Andy hangs it up, that becomes a job. The opportunity to coach Mahomes for his thirties makes it one of the most attractive openings in NFL history.
Speaker 2: Next, Yeah, Eric says Nick, You're always skeptical, skeptical about insider supporting on injury slash recovery and their positive spin. Are you gonna keep the same energy with Mahomes or do you think his recovery will be perfect?
Speaker 1: So I gotta tell you, Eric, I don't really appreciate the tone of the question. Uh, I am of like, here is what I know. I know that all of the reporting post mahomes surgery and in recovery will be that he's ahead of schedule, that the surgery went great, and that will tell us nothing, and then we will see what ends up happening by what the timeline actually is. Am I hoping that it goes really well? Of course? Well, I believe that it is going well because of the insider reporting. No, I mean I am. I am pretty consistent with that. All right.
Speaker 3: Next TG asked, you said that Mahomes needs to do more in less time to catch Tom with this injury.
Speaker 2: I think the goat doors closed. The boat door is still there though, thought.
Speaker 1: No, I don't listen, I disagree with you that the goat door is closed. I think that it is. It's always was going to have been a very tough hill to climb. But if he is back week one next year, then he is still ahead of pace. He just as I've talked about, needs to be way ahead of pace because I don't think he's gonna play until he's forty five like Tom did. But that's neither you know, that's a discussion for another day. All right. Reminder, everybody like rate, subscribe review to the pod. We will be back on Thursday with Week Wow Week sixteen preview. A huge thank you to Volume and to Blue Duck and of course to hard Rock, bet Boost, Seat, Geek, GLD and Zen. Talk to you guys on Thursday. What's right