Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It is the Dan Patrick Show here Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Sandy Quinn, Jonas Knox with you in for Dan and the guys here and uh well, not exactly the way many people were hoping for that game to finish up.
Speaker 3: Last night.
Speaker 2: It was the Nations face off, and I'll say this, Q sounds very disappointed.
Speaker 3: It was a bummer. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know about you, LeVar. I wasn't rooting for Canada, It's truly not.
Speaker 3: I said they were better than Native Now if it was football, is that a ukulele playing? What it sounded like?
Speaker 5: I think so?
Speaker 3: Jesus.
Speaker 6: I mean I would have been ready to cut my wrist open if if we played them in like US versus Canada and football and we lost.
Speaker 3: But is hockey.
Speaker 4: See that's the difference between you and me. Like I would still be feeling that way. And I don't even know how to play hockey, but I'd sure as well try. I'd be giving it my best effort, falling down, flopping around out if.
Speaker 6: I lost, I'd be like, you know what, there's more frozen ponds in Canada than there are in the United States, and I get it.
Speaker 3: Here's well.
Speaker 4: First off, Canada was the better team last night. For anyone who watched, it felt like the US had a hard time controlling the puck. It felt like there wasn't the same impact as far as the physicality. You know, to some degree that the defense held up. But I also felt like, and the stats aren't always indicative of this, it just felt like when Canada had the opportunities to score, they were a bit more legit, They're a bit more on net. It was some close calls you maybe want to say luck, but there was just moments where if you're watching as a fan of the US, you're kind of holding on the edge of your seat, being like, okay, got by one there, Oh there.
Speaker 5: Was another one.
Speaker 2: Bennington was unbelievable, but you know what was super I don't know.
Speaker 4: And overtime was fine, But I'm saying but leading up to that point, I thought the US was was better defensively.
Speaker 3: I watched for the first three period.
Speaker 6: First of all, I watched the game because you guys made it a big deal on the show leading up to the game. That was first and fourth we did get all.
Speaker 3: Right, and think about this.
Speaker 6: So then secondly, then then it really dawned on me, like, Wow, what an amazing setup in a situation to play off of the NFL Super Bowl and everything that has happened during the course of this calendar year. You get the most ideal matchup in a sport that could be obscure to other categories groups of people, and you guys are wondering where I'm going with this right then it's like they're not like us. They're not like us, Like it's probably a minor and I'm sitting there thinking of myself.
Speaker 7: Damn.
Speaker 8: Kendrick Lamar. Drake is sitting somewhere. Drake is sitting there proud like.
Speaker 6: We finally won one this year, even though it took twenty twenty five to get it, but we got something.
Speaker 3: We won something. Canada won something. I let y'all down.
Speaker 6: Kendrick Lamar's been spanking my ass for a whole entire calendar year, won awards off of going at me? Does it at the Super Bowl and everybody's like pro America and forgot about how dope Canada is in lo and behold, here we go when it really mattered for us in a sport that really matters to us.
Speaker 3: And to them, we won. We won. Drake won last night and I was watching it and as I'm watching it from Drake, I'm like, damn, I bet you.
Speaker 6: Drake is sitting somewhere like, please don't lose, please, please, please don't lose please, And it made it more interesting to me. And I just wonder how many people around the country that were in on this whole. There's a lot of people that are connected to this, Draken and Kendrick Lamar Beef And I'm telling you, somewhere, Drake was sitting there and it's going to come out at some point he's going to reference that game and he's going to try to use it as a way to say that I told you Canada is better than America based on actually it made it interesting.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, well, I was just going to say it the based on the attire at the super Bowl, the Bell Bottom. I don't really see Ken clairmar as a hockey by the way they call him. It doesn't strike me as a hockey fan, don't. They don't call him bell Bottoms anymore, Jonas. It's called flared bottom.
Speaker 3: By what you want, I'm just telling you, just telling.
Speaker 5: You, I don't know whose calm it was.
Speaker 4: I was reading about it, but it was kind of interesting, and they were play on the adversarial position of the Drake Kendrick Lamar conversation because the popular opinion the easy thing to say, Oh, Kendrick Lamar won this stuff, you hit super Bowl, you know all this stuff, and they actually he said the fact that the biggest moment for Kendrick Lamar was the super Bowl halftime show and he couldn't do anything other than perform a song that's a distrack to Drake because that's where Drake lives in his head, rent free. And if you're comparing the two as far as what they've accomplished so far in their rapping careers, it's not even close. I mean, obviously Drake's been way more successful. So I was actually, I've root in this column and I was thinking, I don't have a dog in the fight.
Speaker 5: I honestly could care less.
Speaker 4: But it was an interesting perspective that, like, if you really think about it, as much as people want to kind of give Kendrick Lamar, oh he's the winner. He did that, it's like, well, yeah, but I think Drake's solid, Okay, I mean his name is like still out there. Granted he's saying what he's saying and there's different accusations, but he's been way more successful. He'll continue to be more successful. And like, I'm not sure that after the super Bowl halftime show, Like did that help Kendrick Lamar, Like I think people who knew Hi knew him. People like his rap, like it's wrap. I'm not sure like grew anything. I think if anything, it's just kind of like all right, no sweet like the US one.
Speaker 5: I felt like we won that one.
Speaker 4: But ultimately, if you're looking at like the long term, like I mean, I'm not sure Kendrick Lamar wins in the long and in the long run.
Speaker 6: Between this, I'll just say this. This, this to me was one of those scenarios where you're looking at a guy and and Drake has always been considered like the sexy, light skinned it lover right, like people are so by, well, that's super light, that's like super white chocolate sexy lover.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You know, I take exception to that. I've got somewhat old skin. I'm pretty sure we uh we.
Speaker 6: Well light skin, and your category is very compare in New Orleans to one another. And yeah, I mean, you're not too many shades off from me, and I'm I'm on the darker side.
Speaker 3: But like you you you you were white.
Speaker 5: I just you're going to go, you go. We're not doing this.
Speaker 3: This is not okay.
Speaker 6: We could do it over the radio, but we are not going to do this live and in person. I mean, we're just not going to do it.
Speaker 3: But I will say, I look like a paper towl that still a arm. Huh.
Speaker 6: Some of some of Che's mannerisms when he got a little bit of oil in him are very light skin.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 7: Me.
Speaker 3: Damn, I'm just gonna say.
Speaker 6: And you see the way people flock to light skin cats, Man, they just seem more. They just seemed more, you know, like approachable, you know, very like seem like more attractive.
Speaker 5: To My name is Tyrone.
Speaker 6: I get it, bro, I get it. That's what I'm trying to say. And in the end, the point of the matter is is that if I was Kendrick Lamar and you was Drake at that bar on Thursday in New Orleans, Drake was still winning.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 6: And that was culminated by a win and a dub by Canada in this this World Cup last night.
Speaker 4: That's I take one extent with the format, and I realized we have an NHL season to play and so we can't drag this thing out.
Speaker 5: But they split. It was a round robin. They got to.
Speaker 4: Play twice USA, one on their turf. The first time they won on the USA's turf. It feels like for the championship it should be like a best of three, like, let them play at least one two.
Speaker 5: More games to figure this thing out.
Speaker 4: Now, this is gonna sound like a sore loser, teddy Canadians out there, And if you feel that way, I'm just saying you got beat up the first time around.
Speaker 5: We took it on the chin this last time. I'd love to see two more. Let's run it back, let's run it back.
Speaker 4: I'd love to see I'd love to see a best of three for the actual championship of the four nations as opposed to the whole round robin you know format, which again, it just I understand how it works.
Speaker 5: It just it would have been nice to see a best of three series.
Speaker 2: Somebody brought it up post game, might have been Steve Levy or got to forget who Ray Ferrara. Somebody made the comment that there was an idea that was floated out there kind of in jest, like, eh, well what about this thought that they would you know, you don't really need anybody else if you just every year did a hey, just for the hell of it, best of five series between the US and Canada and hockey.
Speaker 3: That's all you need. People would watch.
Speaker 2: They would like, you don't need Finland, you don't need no like, just have those two go at it yearly. Make it a tradition, do some sort of a I like it.
Speaker 3: It's fun.
Speaker 6: Man, Like, you know, does that apply to the NBA. Maybe the NBA could stand and learn something from it. A coros VERSUS Americans.
Speaker 2: A couple of years ago, Baseball did this World Baseball Classic.
Speaker 6: Before that, I mean we would lose, We would get our asses kicked, but people but people loved it because we would lose.
Speaker 3: That one.
Speaker 2: You saw you know, up and coming stars. You saw these players from Japan that nobody had seen before.
Speaker 3: It was aged in.
Speaker 2: The US at different ballparks around and it was before spring training, before the season, or in the midst of spring training and they're going to bring it back. I think in twenty twenty six is when it comes back. But you saw that there was a wow. This worked a lot better than we thought it was going to. And this had the same feel last night to where they kind of fell upon something that they've got to build on. And for as much as we want to say about well it's you know, it's hockey and how many people care about it in this country, I guarantee you people will start following the sport and start following the NHL based.
Speaker 6: On what an easy marketable deal, right, you can leverage that in the market. It's relevant within each market. And let me ask you, what do you think the percentage of Canadians playing in the NHL are plus you'd have you have NHL franchises that are in Canada, So like what would that like, what would that population be? I'm sure it's significant enough. I know we get their biggest stars coming to play in the NHL.
Speaker 3: Listened, Like, imagine that Canada for the way three percent?
Speaker 4: Just a little history on this, uh, dating back to the nineteen eighties, it will used to be seventy five percent.
Speaker 6: Damn Yeah, they're better taken I mean in theory you would consider them to be better. I mean, I just would. I think it would be interesting and and honestly, maybe every single sport could benefit from that. Instead of doing the Pro Bowl where you take the all pros and you do this weird ass water down deal, have them play the best mother lovers that play in Canada have had like the second tier guys.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't watch that. We just don't know that they could field a team.
Speaker 6: No, bro, they played football in Canada. I don't know if you watch Canadian football. They played football in Canada. All I'm gonna say is it would bring a different market into watching a singular game because of the pride of Canada versus the US. The US versus Canada. Don't use the best of the best, Use those ones, give them a bonus and send them out there and have a real ass exhibition game against the best of the best in the Canadian Football League. That gives you what you want with the American viewers, It gives you what you want for the Canadian viewers, and it gives you an opportunity to showcase players that might have needed an opportunity to get some exposure.
Speaker 3: I would do it in basketball too.
Speaker 6: You want to make a different format that matters to the fan, where it's like there's a sense like Q was talking about earlier in the week, where there's a sense of pride or the intensity. You think an American NFL football player wants to lose a game to a Canadian League football player.
Speaker 3: Let them lose that game.
Speaker 6: You know how much scrutiny and criticism would come upon the NFL and the players if they lost. I guarantee you, with that bonus money and with them playing that game with the pride of the USA, they would play their asses off.
Speaker 4: It's like the Olympics watching the NBA. You know, players go over and play in the Olympics for USA.
Speaker 3: You don't want to see them lose.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you you do not want to see what we believe is we're the superpower. We are the ones that are superior to everybody else. If you lose, it is the end of.
Speaker 2: The world unless you bet on the other team. Oh, you know, like you like who they have. I think the Sudan uh they almost won, took the US to the wire last year or something like that.
Speaker 3: One. I mean, you got them at plus forty or something. That's a big pay. Yeah, but that's you.
Speaker 6: You're moving the gold post like like forget Sudan, like like I'm saying, take the superpower of taking the best players, which, by the way, a lot of those players are American football players that air quotes did not We're not able to make get playing in the NFL. Imagine you take the All Stars, the best of the best out of the Canadian Football League, off their teams. You put them together and they represent Canada in an exhibition game against what would be perceived as the best of the best of the NFL. But it would not be the best of the best. You're not You're not putting Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen out there. You're putting Dak Prescott.
Speaker 3: Chad Kelly lighting up Vic Fangio's defense.
Speaker 6: Come on, man, come on man, you tell me you wouldn't want to I would rather attend that game than the Super Bowl. I would actually want a ticket to go watch that game.
Speaker 5: Jonas is an idiot.
Speaker 3: He was an idiot.
Speaker 4: I did not realize how he slipped that in there. Chad Kelly is not born in Canada.
Speaker 3: Jonas place for the CFL.
Speaker 5: I figure it doesn't mean, he's gonna represent that.
Speaker 2: You think he could do a twenty three and meter and find out he's got a relative from Toronto somewhere.
Speaker 5: Probably not?
Speaker 4: Dang well, I mean, are you basing that off of just him being related to Jim Kelly and the inside of the house situation. You know, it feels like a loose accusation that far off. There's something wrong.
Speaker 6: Jonas loves slipping in weird little sad bars.
Speaker 3: I figured that's what he meant.
Speaker 6: I didn't know who the second one was, but I knew who the first one was, so it's fine.
Speaker 5: She she didn't see when he gave you that little grin.
Speaker 6: He looked over with the you know, with his little fang hanging out his mouth.
Speaker 4: Here's Here's all I know is I'm watching the game, and during the course of the game, it comes across my mind. Oh yeah, Lee was supposed to be going out tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah did you go out? Oh? Yeah, sure did went to Uh oh did you hear the way? Responded sure did? He is lit up?
Speaker 8: There's number two. Check out number two.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's the what what damage you do last night? Perfect ingredients?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Damn? Check number three.
Speaker 9: I p a quick quick shot. When the lady went to the bathroom.
Speaker 5: Lady Lady hold On, explain how that works?
Speaker 4: So she gets something, says to you, Hey, honey, I don't use the bathroom real quick? Are you waiting until she's far enough away where you can bet?
Speaker 5: Bartender? Bartender? And you're like trying to get him to rush over to her?
Speaker 3: More so was she?
Speaker 9: And yes, I did. I got caught her attention. I said, hey, can I have a quick one? And you know we sometimes they they kind of get they kind of get the game. I got to make sure you clarify what mem I'm kicking it with a nice gentleman who's in town from Boston. He's watching them, he's watching the game. His wait, he's waiting for a table for his kids are waiting for a table. And I said, hey, you mind me putting this shot glass in front of you?
Speaker 3: Slide it right over. And then she comes back. She's none the wiser.
Speaker 10: So I have myself an I p a is shot and then uh, and then she goes to the movie and I have myself a little long island.
Speaker 3: As I'm paying the bill out the door, he did you go meet her at the movie? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh, and if you're doing an I P A A shot and a long Island, you gotta suck it back quick so she doesn't know it. She clearly doesn't care about it, probably floating by the time he walked in there.
Speaker 3: Listen to what he said. She left him twice for the bathroom.
Speaker 6: So do you leave your your crackhead buddy, family member, boyfriend, girlfriend alone in front of a crack dealer? I mean, you want some rocks crack his Why I'm not gonna walk away and leave you in front of there to.
Speaker 3: I'm not leaving you there to get that rock. Yeah, wait to violate her. She don't really care about you, Lee.
Speaker 6: She left you there knowing that you was at the bar by yourself.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, if she knew he was sucking back Long Islands and IPAs, he would have walked into a gatling gun in the theater.
Speaker 6: Bro, do you understand when somebody doesn't want you to do something? You know what she would have said, walk me to the restroom. You know what she'd have said, You're going to the entrance with me. Maybe you haven't experienced that either yourself, Jonas, But I'm just trying to tell you. If somebody cares that much about what you're doing. Look, he drinking something right now. If you were to do something that somebody that loves you cares about you not doing, like say, drinking too much, you're not going to walk away from them one time and leave them there. Let alone go there to the first time, Like, we're not going to the bar together. That's first and foremost. Then I'm certainly not going to leave you one time at the bar. Then secondly, I'm not going to leave you two times like, oh, I'm gonna go get the popcorn and the skittles and and the bond bonds that at the you know, come on, man, you gotta be kidding me. She wanted you to drink bro She wants you to she wants you.
Speaker 9: To ruin it evening other than the USA getting taken out by Canada. And in Canada, I'm at the Folks Place for another week to.
Speaker 3: Back the Folks Place. Is she there with you? She's there with you. Yeah, we got one more week to go. Oh we gotta go. We got brear necks.
Speaker 5: Hold on, visit this hold on. She is staying at your parents place too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened to the roach motel.
Speaker 3: The Roach motel is gone, so our lives.
Speaker 5: That's why she's so out on that.
Speaker 3: That's why she's letting you booze up because she's got a place to stay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're all in case you might get Evicted's free.
Speaker 5: She has been on her best behaviors.
Speaker 3: Yes, there you go, no throwing booze across the room.
Speaker 2: By the way, there's a guy on Venice Beach listening on the iHeartRadio app in a Coleman tent, looking around, going I don't want his situation.
Speaker 3: I'll take what I got here. I'll just deal with it. Oh, my plots are the best. They are the best.
Speaker 2: It is a Dan Patrick show here on Fox Sports Radio. By the way, most cars on the road could use a little t LC. At Maco, we bring your card back to life with affordable paint jobs and light collision repairs. Get a free estimate today. Uh oh, better get Mako. So we are going to catch up with the great Albert Breer.
Speaker 3: This was touch and go by the way.
Speaker 2: Albert was on a ski trip, so we are going to find out whether or not he's banged up, and now he's feeling here because there are lots of news and notes and rumors from around the NFL. AB joins you next here on The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: It's The Dan Patrick Show, Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. Coming up here on a little over fifteen minutes from now, somebody not invited, not invited to a big.
Speaker 3: Event in the world of sports.
Speaker 2: We'll give you the details on that for you again here on Fox Sports Radio. Right now, though, we turn it over to a man who I believe he's in the Alps. He is currently trying to trying to win a slalom championship for the Northeast. He's the one and only Albert Breer, the star of Amazon's Thursday night coverage on NFL on Prime, their insider, senior NFL reporter, lead content strategist at the MMQB Get them on x at Albert Breer AB. How is the powder this week?
Speaker 7: Well, I am a pretty good skier, but no competition this week for me. We are driving from from one mountain to another right now, So this might be an all time performance for my phone.
Speaker 11: We'll see.
Speaker 7: Got a car full of kids too, if that helps. Sweet build the atmosphere for you guys a little bit here.
Speaker 4: Is there any chance that we get some of the kids chiming in or maybe someone getting scolded in the car.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, that's definitely possible. I'd say that's in play right now for the next fifteen minutes or so, we'll do it happen awesome.
Speaker 6: One of them, he was getting scolded when y'all were heading to the.
Speaker 3: Hockey Championship.
Speaker 7: My wife, my wife sitting right next to me, was horrified.
Speaker 6: High wife, It's okay though, that's good parenting. We could tell y'all we're.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's why i took it off the bluetooth and I'm on, I'm going handheld here, even though I'm not sure if it's legal or not Vermont, I have I have a phone in my ear right now.
Speaker 6: How does the ice skating skills of your child translate to him on on the skis.
Speaker 7: And on this Actually yeah, it's actually you know what, like it really does help because you know, I think one thing alf like and growing up here you sort of learn how to do both, and you know, it's just it's learning. It's a like not having a fear of something being really like slippery underneath your feet, right Like, I'm just concerning about that. The actual act of skiing versus skating is the same, is that you're you're skating on the edges of your skates, right Like, You're not skating on the flat part of your skates, which is the same as skis. So if you hear the ski on your edges, you'll learned how to skitches too. So there's definitely some carryover if you want the technical explanation for larn.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 6: Was there a carry over into that Canadian USA game last night?
Speaker 3: Did you guys watch it? How did you feel about it?
Speaker 7: That was awesome, wasn't it? Like I mean the intensive I mean that was that was incredible, incredible, incredible level of competition. And it's like, now, I don't know that that would transfer over to any other sport, but you could do that in any other sport and replacing an also game. But I mean, all.
Speaker 4: Right, so Albert Breer with us here, this interview off just so that we could be right here.
Speaker 5: In the middle of the mountains.
Speaker 2: So Albert, I have a so football question for you. Here the Matt Stafford stuff that's out there where you know there's money he wants more. There's the potential. We talked to you about this in New Orleans and you said, no, there's like a real potential. Maybe he's not back with the Rams. Is this prickly money or is there maybe more here because it seems like that's a great spot for him, Maybe he would cut him a deal. Yet he has to be paid in the top ten according to some reports.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, it's it's a few different things. It's money for sure. And look like you know, LeVar Brady, you guys know how this stuff goes through your players. Like the raise he got last year, a five million dollar raise he got last year wasn't really a raise. It was they were moving money forward. So they borrowed four million dollars from this year and a million dollars from next year to give him a five million dollar raise. So that basically means like, yes, it's a five million dollar raise on paper for that particular year, but now it's a pay cut a future year. So you have to reckon with that. That negotiation was very difficult. Took about six months for them to find a solution. The solution was very clearly a band aid, and everybody knew they were going back to the table and that's where they are now now. I think for Stafford definitely, you know, you want to you want to be where the market is, and you want some guarantees in there, and you want to know you're going to be the starting quarterback and all that different stuff. As silly as that sounds, but that's part of it. Oh boy, you know, they're much they're much younger than they were a couple of years ago, and you know, so they're building around this younger core, and so the question becomes do you want to pay all that money and still go to year to year? So, in other words, is Matthew Stafford telling you I'm good for this year or is he telling you I'm good for the next three years? And if you're gonna give him a ton of guaranteed money, are you okay? If it's just for this year and then next year you're right back here worrying about your quarterback situation again. Or if somebody comes along with the first round pick, are you better off trading him for a first round pick and going find going and finding a bridge like a Sam Darnold or somebody like that, where you've got a little bit more certainty beyond this year. It's complicated for all those different reasons. I think Matthew wants to remain I ram and wants to keep playing for Sean McVay. I know Sean McVay wants Matthew Stafford to be his quarterback. But whether or not they can find a common ground contractually and an agreement on you know what his plan is, not just for this year, but going forward. I think all that's the stuff that needs to be worked out. Probably, you know, one way or the other, you're you're going to get closer to closure on it at the combine next week.
Speaker 4: Albert, I'm going to ask you about Rogers. Do you think he's done or do you think he wants to keep playing. If he does keep playing, where would be the best destination for him.
Speaker 7: Well, so he told the Jets that he intends to play in twenty twenty five when they were going through everything. Now, you and I both know Brady like that can change, but like that was his intention, and he said that was his intention to the Jets. I also know just for my communication with him, you know, and sitting down with them for a while last summer like that, you know, he really felt like he had unfinished business coming off the Achilles and he didn't want to go out like that. And off the year that does Yets have, I'd imagine you wouldn't want to go out like this either. So so yeah, I mean I think he wants to play. And you know, now the question becomes to the Jets to release him, do they try to trade him? You know, they're still working through how like the divorce is actually gonna be consummated. As for like places that I think would have some interest in them, I mean, for me, like Pittsburgh's the ultimate one for Stafford, for Rogers, as far as like a team that could use like uh an answer for right now that has a lot of guys and a lot of pieces in place at the pee for championship right now. You know, I think Rogers would love the idea of going to the Rams. You know, he lives in Los Angeles, so that's obviously a part of it. With the wo Pete Carroll look at him, and with Aaron be enticed by that, even though like they aren't as close or anywhere near as close to compete for a championship as the Steelers are. You know, I I see all those sort of as as possibilities. And again, like I think, like his amount of opportunity is gonna be very narrow because you're gonna have to check a lot of boxes to want him, and you're gonna have to check a lot of boxes for him to want you. And you know, like then there's the whole thing is like you know it is he still capable playing at a high level over seventeen games. I think you up flashes of it at the end of last year, the jability in particular.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's still there.
Speaker 7: I'm here all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're going a little bit now at the risk of it going out again, And.
Speaker 7: I agree, you guys fight through this with me. It's going to be an all time Yeah.
Speaker 3: No worse, no worse. Nort Really Kujas in the background tearing tobody.
Speaker 6: It's a good Can I ask you the Michael Parsons contract situation, Is there anything that we could be missing? You know, when there's a new coach, it's always always say you go into the Russian Roulette type of play. You keep removing bullets from the chamber. Oh not from the chamber, but from like just the whole entire you know. Deal when when you get a new coach, like remove it because you're not that guy. You know, you get removed from one more guy. It's not that guy. Next thing, you know, you know, the bullets in the chamber. Is there any way that Michael Mike Michael Parsons could be I guess view differently than what everybody's looking at and saying, Okay, we need to build our offense up, which they do and that's probably the biggest priority than anything else. Does that does Micah's contract situation super seed or does it fall in line with what Jerry Jones is going to have to spend in order to one keep him and keep him happy, but to make this this team better for for Shottenheimer.
Speaker 7: All right, So like LaVar, if you're talking about him as a player, I don't think there's any disagreement. He's a unique talent.
Speaker 11: You know that.
Speaker 7: Better than anybody he's I think if you're looking the craft even you can see like psych ab dual Carter and and Jalen Walker from from Jordan almost like yeah, it's almost like it's almost like Mike uh like launched new genre you know of like this kind of Swiss army, nice pass rusher who can also play off the line and all that. So I think everybody's an agreement on what type of player he is. Some of his relationships in that building were strained, and I I like that wor not the content the last off season, But I know, like like with a new coach come in and anybody been around Brian Schottenheimer the other person he is right like and how he's got like a little bit of that Pete Carroll to him, where he's very like just an optimistic guy who's can work with anybody that may wind up solving some of the things.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 7: Now the question becomes are you willing to pay him forty million dollars per year? Because I think that's probably where the number is going to wind up being. And if you have a hard time wrapping your heads around it after you paid Ceeelamb thirty four million and Dak Prescott sixty million, you know, if a team calls and offers you two first round picks and is willing to pay the forty million dollars that Micah Parsons probably will want are you going to listen? And I think that that's where this is right now. Like I don't think the Cowboys are going to call around and shop him or anything else, but I think enough people have heard about some of the relationship issues from last offseason there that if they're willing to pay what it's going to take to go and get him, then and like, yes, you pick up the phone and you see, okay, like are they going to hang up on us? Are they going to listen to us? So I think that's sort of where it's at, you know. And again like I don't know, you know, I don't know what the cowboys appetite for listening is right now, but the based on where it was six months ago in base, on how much they paid those two other guys, I mean, I would think there probably is a price point where they would have to think about it.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Interesting, How I got one more quick one. The combine's coming up in Indianapolis. How much longer will the combine be in Indy?
Speaker 11: You know, I don't know if there's like now it's like, hey, we are maxed.
Speaker 3: Down than jeez, we got greedy. We did. Huh damn, we weren't greedy. That's unfortunate. Well, the mountains adue to you.
Speaker 2: Listen Albert Brier assuming uh.
Speaker 3: You know, oh there is there he is, all right there we go all right, yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay. So that the teams are sensitive about is the medical.
Speaker 3: We're not good. Yeah, yeah, we're not good. I mean listen, you know we're not good.
Speaker 6: But we want you to be safe. Ab make sure we get to your neck. Yeah, you're going in and out so much. Just just be careful and be safe.
Speaker 7: And it was a valiant effort.
Speaker 3: It was. It was we can actually hear you now.
Speaker 7: Okay, well you guys want to finish.
Speaker 3: Come on yeah yeah, Megan, hit it quick too, before you go back out.
Speaker 7: I think the medical.
Speaker 8: Smell that smells like something down on somebody.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, well geez, Johnny, you don't have to pop off of that. All right, Well, we will listen. That was great with Albert Breer. You can get him on X at Albert Breer if you have any complaints. But to be fair, he was driving in between two giant mountains with no cell towers, trying to get to his next ski destination, so we appreciate him hanging out with us here on a Friday morning. It is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. Coming up next here though, somebody just wasn't invited. Big event in the world of sports.
Speaker 3: And they were not invited. We'll tell you why right here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: It's the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Brady, Quinn, Jonas Knox with you here. So coming up top of next hour a little over ten.
Speaker 3: Minutes from now.
Speaker 2: This is a sad day, end of an era in the world of football.
Speaker 3: We've got it for you.
Speaker 2: We'll give you the details on that for you again top of next hour a little over ten minutes from now here on Fox Sports Radio. Before we get to something we do on our show called in case you missed it, I want to remind you that shortly after this show, our podcast will be going up, So just search Dan Patrick's show or Two Pros wherever you get your podcast be sure to also follow rate and review it again. Just search Dan Patrick Show or two Pros wherever you get your podcasts. You'll see this show posted right after we get off the air.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you can't get to everything in the world of sports or entertainment. Good thing, the guys are here to bring you in case you missed.
Speaker 2: It, and for that we turn it over to our executive producer, Lead.
Speaker 7: Lap.
Speaker 3: Good morning everybody. Good morning Jonas, Good morning Brady, Good morning LeVar. Guys.
Speaker 10: In case you missed this, we talked to Hayley. Hey, Brady, we talked the other day about Shador Sanders. He's obviously not going to be going to the draft, but his brother Shiloh apparently not even invited to the Combine, but that doesn't stop him from bringing the combine to him. He had hired Zybeck Sports to come and track his training and his progress. They are the same company that has been providing the official timing to the NFL Combine for the last fourteen years. The question is, though, is like does he get to pick and choose which times he delivers? He says he's going to be delivering these progress reports to the team so that they have it.
Speaker 2: But why didn't he get invited to the combine? Was he not good enough or not considered a good enough prospect?
Speaker 3: Why? Like, why the decision not to bring it in? That's wrong? How does this stop work? I don't know any answers.
Speaker 5: I mean, what are you asking?
Speaker 3: Why wasn't he invited to the combine?
Speaker 4: Well, there's a list of athletes they feel like have the best opportunity to get drafted, and those guys are the ones invited. That doesn't mean he won't get drafted. There's players who don't get invited to the combine that.
Speaker 3: Do get drafted.
Speaker 4: But that is most likely the thought to a lot of the evaluators and the people who handle the combine and invite all the participants.
Speaker 5: Is that like simple enough?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, but why wouldn't I just I don't know. It seems a little weird, Like if you if you're trying to get people interested in the combine, wouldn't it kind of add a little little value to have him there, the av a Sanders there along with his along with his brother.
Speaker 3: A serious question? Yeah, I'm serious? Yeah, you think.
Speaker 5: That's gonna move the needle one way.
Speaker 2: Well, I just like, why would you not invite him to the combine? It's it's a little kind of strange to me.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's if he's if he could still possibly be drafted, Like, why wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Mean there's a lot of players who could possibly be drafted that are not invited to the combine.
Speaker 3: Listen, just asking them the question?
Speaker 4: Why just say what you want to say instead of asking questions?
Speaker 5: You want to say on your hands what you want to say?
Speaker 3: Are you guys not listening? Are you are you not listening? We're listening.
Speaker 5: Why would you want to slap it around? Go ahead, go ahead, say what you.
Speaker 3: Want to say.
Speaker 2: Why not bring in somebody who you know is going to generate some more.
Speaker 3: Who's the somebody?
Speaker 6: Sand Okay, what's that connected to?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: If he could still possibly be drafted, why would you not bring him in? If this is an event, why would you not bring him in to try and generate more buzz and more attention to the event.
Speaker 6: Does that generate more I'm with you on this. Does that generate more buzz and more attention to the event? Yes, it does, Yes, because he's shallow Sanders, Yes, I mean, I guess if you follow on that side of reasoning, then there's some merit to or some value to what you're saying. I mean, but I don't know that shallow Sanders is going to.
Speaker 3: Move the needle of what the like.
Speaker 6: I'm going to tune in this day specifically so that I can watch how shallow Sanders performs.
Speaker 5: There's two things people watch.
Speaker 4: They watch the quarterbacks throw, and they watch the forty yard dash.
Speaker 5: So is shalloh Sanders.
Speaker 4: Gonna set a record at the forty yard dash at the combine or now that he's not invited at his pro day? Probably not. There's nothing wrong with that. It's not saying he won't get drafted. But whoever puts this all together doesn't deem him to be one of the guys that is the greatest likelihood of getting drafted. So someone else is taking that spot.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: What's more interesting is the fact that more athletes don't do what he's doing. They're not trying to utilize the same timing and technology for the forty yard dash, which would be like a stamp of approval, right, because you get a lot of forty yard dashes and you're like, well, it's not his pro DA.
Speaker 5: How legitimate was it?
Speaker 3: That's what everybody says.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so that's one unique thing that he's doing that if you can't be at the combine, but you can have a piece of it at least to measure how fast you're running, how higher jumping, all those all those metrics and data points, at least make it so you can be as certified and as close to what those players who are invited are experience.
Speaker 6: I think the same people that are doing the combine, I believe, are the same people that handle the media and the coverage of the pro days anyway. So you're going to get your value out of if what you're saying is correct and accurate. They'll get their value out of going to their pro days, and you'll do it there. You'll be able to double down on that at at Colorado's quotes.
Speaker 2: I mean, Shiloh, I know you're listening. Let me just know that I support you. You know, I can't speak for everybody on this show, but I support you. I think you should have been invited. He was screwed over and wronged.
Speaker 6: See they're right there. That's called fake, fake support. We all know you're a race bit. Yeah, I'm gonna say it how it should be said. He was trying to make it into something he should have been. He should have been invited because he's black.
Speaker 3: Never mind the