Speaker 1: Harry Hamlin's homemade Bognet's sauce spices up Lisa's party. Crystal's non apology pushes Sot into her boiling point, which turns into an insult about Crystal's leather pants. Plus, Kathy has unexpected news for Kyle about their sister. Selling Sunset star Mary Fitzgerald joins me to recap this episode. This is Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Season eleven, Episode eight, The Good, the Bad, and the ugly leather Pants. Let's get into it. Nice to meet you and thank you for being here. How's it going in the entertainment world and your show and your life?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it just keeps going. It keeps blowing up and still doing well. I think we're the longest running show on Netflix.
Speaker 3: And stop really yeah with yeah going on season A and I think seven is the longest that it's run and he shows run.
Speaker 1: So that's amazing. Yeah, So that's amazing. Wow, that's amazing. And it's been a good experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I mean, you know, there's always ups and downs. There have been a couple couple of moments where.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I am not doing this anymore. It's not worth it.
Speaker 2: And then and then you know, I cal him down and I'm like, okay, maybe it is. I just have to go out to my punching bag, get a little workout in, and then I'm like, okay, I can handle it.
Speaker 1: But who are the top five brokers in California? Not no, it does enough to be famous, But who are are they famous?
Speaker 4: Top five?
Speaker 2: I would say, Well, Frederick Ecklin is out here now, and he's really good. I mean there's a bunch of him. There's like Joyce Ray is really good, Brandon and Ranny Williams are really good. There's a lot of there's only maybe five or six, like really really top agents that do all the multimillion dollar homes. I mean, Sean Elliott is amazing too, but he does all over. He does New York, Miami and LA. But that man still is able to get like these hundred plus million dollar listings all the time.
Speaker 1: So well, I would wonder if, because it sounds like the biggest people, which I think might be the case in New York too, the biggest ones aren't the ones that are necessarily famous because they have very private billionaire clients. And maybe that that I want to take their eye off the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's there's a there. There are quite a few of them that that are not on shows and they don't have anything. I mean, Sean will make appearances on He had something, I'm not sure how well it did. He had some show on the East Coast, I think in the Hampton's it's called I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I think I know what you're talking about because I saw like a modern sag Harbor house that they were marketing on there and I don't remember what it was, but I think, yeah, I think I saw that and it was not very good, but it was interesting to me because I'm interested in real estate. I I I'll buy a house with less hesitation. Then I'll order a pasta and am not I'm not exaggerating like I because but I just know out in La, I know, well, I've thought about Malibu. It's just too far to justify, but I thought about Malibu. That's I would be in Malibu, no question. And every time I go, I think about that as an investment and when it drops, et cetera. But I always buy personal real estate that I love and that I am sort of emotional about, but that I treat like an investment where if I had to, I could live there. If I had to, I could sell it in a minute. It's very like marketable to anyone. And I'm always designing with investment in mind, and I'm always buying when it's low. And so I just bought an apartment in Manhattan and I walked it. I just was Usually it's just a thought in my head and then when I see the right thing, I just walked in and I had it by the end of the day. I literally did have it by the end of the day. And the same thing happened in the Hampton's because I'll secret something that I want and then i'll have then I'll get it. And it happened to me in Connecticut. I had two houses at the same time Hampton's, two houses at the same time, and then you're sitting there going which one am I going to keep and which one I will have to rent out or sell one. But I love personal real estate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I would love to start doing that as well. And that's the goal to keep adding and adding to our portfolio. We just did that with this house that we looked for so long for our personal house in La and not just felt right, and and I was like, I'm not. I'm not gonna gonna buy something until I know, because if we're gonna live in it, I wanted to be perfect.
Speaker 4: I see homes all day long, every single day.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know when I walk in, and I'm like, yes, And there's some I have done that. My wedding venue I did that. It was out of my budget though, So yeah, yeah, so you know, there are certain holmes where I'm like, you know eventually.
Speaker 1: This you just know when you you know, but you also have to be nimble that you may love it, but you have to think about how it's marketable to somebody else. Yeah. Anyway, So how savvy on the Housewives are you? I had never seen this episode, and believe it or not, I'm not that savvy. I know many of the people, but I I don't know some of the people and don't know the conflicts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not that savvy with it. But funny enough, I always joke around, like on our show about uh, the Housewives and stuff. I'm likeme, on, we're not gonna be like what the Housewives and stuff? But I've really never seen it.
Speaker 1: So that's funny. Did you say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I just like I've always heard like the wine throwing and all this stuff. Yes, and watch that episode and I was like, I should never say that again actually, because they had more of like camaraderie and like, you know, supporting each other than we do on our show.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was a tame episode, though I've seen Lisa throw a wine glass. That was a tame episode. But yes, Beverly Hills, from my experience meeting them personally and being on that show, they they're more savvy. Yeah, they're very aware of the cameras and that you know, so, so they're very aware of what's going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I've seen her out multiple times. I was on a panel with her at what points, and so I know I know her just from red Carpets and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is sort of a whole event that is at the house with Harry Hamlin cooking, and they sort of lead up and let us know that Harry is always the one doing the cooking and he's cooked for this group before and that's sort of his thing, which is actually nice. They should do a he should do a cooking show or something. And I've been to their house because I used to be pretty friendly with re Lisa. So I've been to this house, and Kyle is right that it's a nice property, Like it's a nice property and it's very home me. A couple of times in this show, and in all shows, I am watching and thinking to myself, like about clutter in the house, Like I always am looking at what's everywhere because I'm like, I'm psychotic about stuff. So I'm looking all over at all the olive oil and all the dishes and all this stuff in their fridge. And it reminded me. Recently, I was talking to another housewife who said to me that on Beverly Hills, the show never pays for events or parties and that the people pay and that, and this person said that Lisa Rinna never wanted to really have a party because she doesn't want to like pay for you know, a TV quote quote unquote fake party, and they really are TV parties. And it's funny because my parties that I had on Housewives of New York, they did pay. I definitely, yeah, one hundred percent. I wouldn't spend for ours.
Speaker 2: Interesting now, Jason, if it's a company party, Jason pays for everything, but they never pay for any of ours anything we do because they say, no, it's it's your life, at your event, you pay for it.
Speaker 1: But they then will make you have an event that you might not have. And that's not like I would not normally have a s'mores and whores party.
Speaker 2: We just say no, We're like, well, yeah, fine, but it's going to be on our terms. I mean, if you want this big lamb party, that's not what we would normally do. Like if so many times Jason would normally do it. He's he's a bit extra, so he does so big, big, massive things and he loves doing it. It doesn't bother him at all.
Speaker 4: He's spent he spent so much money on parties.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's in line with the labels and the logos and the showing of the stuff that this group in particular wants to have a big pissing contest party. Not that that's what this was at all. Lisa's party was not that at all, But this group wants to have a made for TV party, just like they wear made for TV outfits, you know, like that only the camera people are seeing. Yeah, so and your show's like that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is. I mean, I'm not really like that. I don't feel as much. I mean, if I'm gonna throw a party, I'm very low key and very it. I would throw an intimate dinner party, like very tasteful dinner party. I would not have like a two hundred people there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: We planned for three hundred and there's almost five hundred.
Speaker 1: That's insane. Okay. So now we're at the house and Harry's cooking and talking about the bolgnas, and I like watching them shop together, and I like their dynamic. There's always speculation again about their dynamic, and I just think that every marriage is not one size fits all, and I like their partnership. I like them together, and I want to taste his bolognais. And now we get to and we're at Kathy's and they're doing this tennis and I'm distracted. And I've been to Kathy's too, but I don't think I've been to this house. And I'm distracted by what structure is behind them playing tennis, and there's like all this stuff in the window, and I'm thinking about, like what Kathy, who does all these crazy parties and has so much stuff, what she has in that storage unit. And I was thinking when I saw this house, because there's a lot of house talk on this show, that I personally I like a small house. Now, I have a very big house, and I have a compound where I am now, but I also have a different and homes that are smaller. I've had both. I like a small, manageable, perfect house, not like all these places where stuff can commumulate, dust can accumulate, you have to manage it. And so Kathy's house was beautiful. But I liked Erika's house. I actually did. I liked. I mean, I don't. I'm not a renter. So I don't like the word rent, right because I like things. I like to do things to things, and I would never feel right improving upon a rental, right. And I want to actually ask you about rental versus owning and your opinion, because in some cases, I'm sure it's smarter financially, But for me, I'm psychologically never a renter.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But I liked Erica's home. It just seemed like small and perfect.
Speaker 2: I agree, I'm not no matter if I were a billionaire, I would not have a huge home.
Speaker 4: It's just not It's not for me. But I like the style of her home.
Speaker 2: The whole exterior was of Kathy's was absolutely stunning.
Speaker 4: I think just a smaller scale, right, And I guess.
Speaker 2: For some people would be a huge family whatever, or if you just like it, that's fine, But I would have it on a smaller scale.
Speaker 4: I just don't need that much space. It's it's just more work.
Speaker 1: And she does have three kids, and the three kids kids, and she loves to entertain, and that does make some sense. And yeah, and I was going to say they have a house in the Hamptons too, but those are their two homes and they really are home people. I thought it was a relatable conversation for Erica. And you don't know because you haven't seen the show episode though. No, I mean in life the historically, Erica has always like got a brick wall and hard and I haven't seen it. I've probably seen in my whole life maybe ten episodes Eric has been in. But she's like a brick wall, And here she's being relatable and what she's talking about to me is relatable in that she was on someone else's program, like she you know, just add hot young girl married the rich guy, and she was on his program, which was just insert her, and it felt like now she liked being on her program, and I also liked her being vulnerable about that because we watched her do a song called It's Expensive to Be Me and talk about fifty thousand dollars a month in glam and travel with a glam squad to Dubai and really fly on planes and lay it on really thick and really braggy, you know, really braggy about money.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it was extremely relatable. I mean, it happens all the time at different levels and you know, in different situations, but so many times in a marriage, if it's money, if it's just control of whatever it is, I mean like that is your image.
Speaker 4: And you really don't have a voice.
Speaker 2: So it's almost even if you go through tough times making that transition, it's really amazing and liberating to find that voice and that freedom.
Speaker 4: I've had to.
Speaker 2: I've done it many times, and there is something I think she's much.
Speaker 4: More likable now same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like you know, if you're she's humanized and it's the same relatable where you're like, oh my god, you can feel her emotions and and yeah, I liked it.
Speaker 4: I thought it was very brave of her to do that.
Speaker 1: She has an identity now where before her identity was a persona an image, a pat the puss, the money, the plane. No matter what rich person you're married to, they're counting. On some level. They know what you're doing, they know what you're spending. On some level. People think that they are, they don't know, and they don't care. I had a friend who was with a very wealthy man years ago. Oh he doesn't care. Oh he doesn't care, and she was running a muck and he cares. They care, And even if they don't care, they know. And there's nothing like not having to ask somebody or answer to somebody when you want to buy something.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Lisa said said that too on the show, that they have separate accounts too, Leban she knows everything going on, but they also have separate accounts, and that's Mermaine and I do that too. We have a joint account, but we both have separate accounts and and we mostly do because I've been screwed over in the past. Wow, So I will not allow all of my money to be and Remaine's a polar option. He's so stubborn and won't I mean, just too much pride to ever take money. He's like, I don't need your money, he said, he is so prideful, But I still just for my own sake, my own piece of mind. No one can take that. It's only in my name. It's only like, no one can do that to me. And because my ex husband did it and I won't, I will ever let that happen again.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever fully shared a bank account with someone. I think i'd sooner share a toothbrush, I swear to God, which is disgusting, but sharing a bank account with someone, And I know I've heard, and I had it on my talk show a woman say, when you get married, and you should have one different account that has a different credit card, that's like for the house and for the household, And that sounds like organized, but it also sounds not like bullshit but not real, Like it's like this little thing that you do to pretend that you're together. But that's like the house account, and you could easily be like, at the end of the month, let's just split everything too. Like it just feels not yeah, it would feel really I can't imagine asking someone can I buy this apartment? Or can I buy this bag, or just even them knowing, even them knowing self consciousness.
Speaker 2: Never, in my opinion, you should never have to tell someone like your partnership, as long as you're not doing anything like that, is you know, of disrespecting the marriage. I mean, but it's somebody's business. If you go buy purse or done mirrors or whatever it is, it's not his business. You work for your money. You can spend it the way you want.
Speaker 1: One hundred. I'm a big fan of having someone's credit card. I'm sure I'm a big fan of having someone's credit card. That's a big I'm a big that's a big big. That's a big Bethany. Yeah, that's big. That's big on the Bethany list. That's a good one. Yeah, poor poor Paul. Okay, so I thought the Kyle family Christmas card. You know, it made me tearfully sentimental. They're a solid, good couple, and they were both very social together and similar friend groups, and they you know, they have different priorities now and grew apart.
Speaker 4: Hopefully they'll find your way back.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it just takes, like you know, some time, apart and hopefully they'll find their way back to each other and and work as friends.
Speaker 1: I don't think they'll find that. I don't I don't know, but I don't think well. And then they talked about Kim with the holidays being alone. I think that's also relatable, and the sisters want to kind of take care of her. But I was thinking right now, because it's the holidays, some people want to be alone during the holidays, and it feels worse for other people to want to feel sorry for you. If you want to be alone or are alone during the holidays, that's kind of worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you truly want to be alone, if you're just alone, you have nobody, you have no options.
Speaker 4: That is sad.
Speaker 2: But if you really do, there are a lot of people that just you're just in a place in your life you just don't really want to be involved at the time.
Speaker 4: And that's okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, if they want to ask one time, just like, hey, you're welcome to come. But if she truly wants to be alone, letter.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a pandemic. During this episode, and it's also the holidays. I'm realizing more and more it's not a one size fits all either, and everybody wants to shove what their version of the holidays is on every everybody else. Families want to do it, people want to do it in their way. The way they want to cook, they want to cater, they want to you know, and it's very hard to find your own identity during the holidays when you're being pushed in so many different directions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is, I think. I mean, I think that everyone should just you know, stand on their ground if that's what you want do it. I mean, it's not once I spits all. Everybody has different needs at different times, and it's the holidays.
Speaker 4: You should be happy, yeah.
Speaker 1: Or if you have to be sad, reflect and the pressure of the day doesn't have to be everything like it's the twenty fifth today, I have to be happy because then if you're not happy, you feel worse than it just being a day that you want to relax and watch movies, you know, Like people have to give themselves a break. I think, especially during the holidays, it comes on quickly, and then if it doesn't become everything you wanted it to be, either as a kid or as a you know, in a relationship or divorce, it becomes it can crash pretty quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree. Sometimes it's easier and better to just treat it like a day. Do whatever it is that you need mentally, physically, whatever. Yeah, on that date, don't be next year, They'll be many many more.
Speaker 4: So Yeah, it's just do.
Speaker 2: What everyone just needs to do what is best for them. I think in general, in life, just people say of each other's business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that book was amazing. It was adult chaka bon a pink queen's book. I don't even know where you find that because I looked it up online after and Sutton is in it twice, Like that is a queen really? Hmm, she was in the book twice.
Speaker 2: Oh I missed that part. Oh my gosh, No, that is that's pretty epic.
Speaker 1: That's kind of epic. She's an adult chake a ban a book wait dressed because I guess she was married to a very wealthy man and like she probably was draped adulta. It's very good for her. I love it, good for her.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we go to Garcel's house. Also cute, charming house. I like Garcel. I know Garcel, I've met Garcel. She is one of the probably five people that asked me before she was on the show what she should do or how is she going to survive? And I always stay quiet during those conversations, almost to the point of being stand offish, because I just don't want any part of giving any kind of Housewives advice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I don't know how it feels to be on that show. But I do have people ask me on ours like ideal for the OC. I've had people call an aspect for advice, and you know, I just I mean, I do give a little bit of advice, but I'm like, everybody's different.
Speaker 1: You know, it's such a bad thing to say, and you feel like you're gatekeeping, but there's no upside and it's not the same dynamic that you're in or walked into, because it's a different game now and mine is. Fifteen years ago, we were like bedrock. We were like cars were starting with like our feet at the bottom of the car. We were like, you know, horse and wagons. It was fifteen years ago. Was that the same? We didn't have HD and we didn't have Twitter.
Speaker 2: Wow, I can't believe how fast time flies. It did not feel like fifteen years ago.
Speaker 1: We didn't have social media. Really, we didn't have glam budgets, we didn't have green screens, we didn't have backgrounds that were like in a studio is in your own actual house with your actual wall behind you.
Speaker 2: I am so jealous, Like that is the time to do housewives or any sort of reality show when there's no social media, no haters every single day criticizing every single thing you say and do.
Speaker 1: No, and there's no glam. You were yourself. You actually could be who you really were every day. You didn't like walk in wearing a couture outfit pretending that that's what you have lunch, and you just like were what I'm wearing right now, like you're at you know what I mean, We're just normal women in New York that some of us had money, but even the ones who had money were still wearing sweatpants. Now it's like an exaggerated version. So I don't know how I would advise. So anyway, I met Garcela at Mark Burnett's house. I've always liked her, and that's when she asked me how to navigate it. And I was just like, oh, oh, you know, hey, you look great. You know, just like probably just like skirting the issue. But I like garcel and do we have any idea why her son is studying Japanese in particular, it's a very specific language in high school to be studying. That's such a teenager expecting his mom to be quiet in a kitchen, which is the center of the house, when you could easily go upstate. Like it was so ridiculous. She was like, shit, everybody, like what are you talking about. You're in the middle of the kitchen doing your homework, Like, go upstairs, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Go to a different room, like in your room. You should have like a desk in your room. Anyway, the kids thinking count is not where you do homework or you do something like go to your room, yeah.
Speaker 1: Or do it here in too bad, like learn Japanese while I'm cooking and while your brother's like what, I don't even have That's such teen life, where like parents, let the kids were on the show that it's not the same thing.
Speaker 2: I thought, well, maybe they just did that for show purposes, like to give some sort of thing, because surely she would have just been like, this is a kitchen.
Speaker 4: We cook and we do dishes in the kitchen. If you need to study in your room.
Speaker 2: But if you'll like the noise, then don't be in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: So true, she wasn't doing like a cabaret show if you don't like, yeah, she was. She was doing what you do in the kitchen, like she wasn't having sex. She was unloading the dishwasher and cook it exactly right. That's what homeworking is not yet. Yeah, but that would have been really this is exactly what. Here's me reenacting that with Brnn.
Speaker 2: Mom.
Speaker 1: She's like, are you are you okay? Right now? And the kid actually said to the brother are you okay? The kid, the kid doing the homework, because name is Jack's said to the brother, are you okay? It's like I would have said to Brinn, Hi, this is a whole house, other people live here, this is the kitchen. I was thinking about Lisa and Harry, and I was thinking about all of the homegrown tomatoes and how I'm a fit I fiddle around the house like with organizing and things like I'm a fiddler pack of gifts doing. I was wondering if that's like, if he's like the one who's fiddling around in the garden. It just seems like a nice thing for people to take up like golf where you could like just play around in the garden then have fruits and vegetables.
Speaker 4: I do, I have a garden.
Speaker 2: You do tell me, Okay, So I have to be honest about this though, because my husband is more like Harry, where he's good at all those things. It's my ideas to do these things. And I buy the step and I plan it all out, and then he upkeeps everything because I forget, so he is. He's got a green thumb, and I don't, but I want to, so I go check on him. I'm like, yeah, we've got all like the plants, and I'll go pick them. He does all the upkeep and he will actually plant them because he knows how to do everything, and that's better at it.
Speaker 4: And he's a much better cook too.
Speaker 2: But I do make pasta, and I'm very good at blonnaise and chili, but I'm very bad cook in general.
Speaker 4: But my husband can cook quite well.
Speaker 1: You're good with ground beef.
Speaker 2: Like like Harry, and he's very he's very handy so around the house, so that's nice.
Speaker 1: I this is how crazy I am. I have two but I have an apple orchard. And the problem is, well, first of all. I had a dental issue this year, so like I couldn't even eat the apples, and my heart is broken. It's the first year we had like the most gorgeous. They look like Fiji or Gala apples. But I digress and they're so sweet. But the problem is it upsets me because there's so many apples, and what are we going to do? Like now I'm forcing people to take apples home. We're forcing people to eat apple sauce. I feel like I'm giving baskets of apple away. So if I had all of these vegetables and things, I would feel like a responsibility to the garden, not just to take care of it, but to like distribute its goods. And I think that'd be too much of a job for me. Why can't you sell them well that I don't need another job, that's a real job. I'm saying, like what are we doing with all these tomatoes? Like I need one tomato tonight or two tomatoes. I don't need seventy. So Harry, you know, thank God for the show so he could cook and use all those tomatoes. I would love to go pick a tomato and have it, but then the other thirty are gonna go back. I guess, Yeah, I guess, but it's compost. I tell everyone that works to me, just go just do your food shopping outside there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I would have to do that too, because I do. I've got avocados and tomatoes and well there's a bunch of things out there, but I've let a couple of them go bad because we just and I don't mean to, and I get so upset when it happens because I'm like, no, there's my homegrown ones.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm say. That's exactly you're proving my point. And like, if you have a giant thing a basil, and you need just a little now, you got to make jars of pest. Though it feels like a project.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I tell people go take our basil too, because the basil goes so fast.
Speaker 1: Shit, all right, well here's what I think would be cool.
Speaker 4: So I have to have everybody picket picket.
Speaker 2: It still doesn't it's still not enough, Like there's still extra all the time.
Speaker 1: If I were shooting a show, what I would do right now, and I might do it in my real life anyway, is I would say to my whole team, everybody decide one thing that you want. Because I have a wee work building on this property, so my staff works in a separate structure. So I would say to everybody, what do you each want, and we'd each plant something for us, and then everybody would get to take vegetables and fruiton because I have a lot of people here, I probably like six to ten people. So if everybody took maybe I'm going to grow a garden. Based on the Spis and Harry and Lisen you okay, all right.
Speaker 2: It's very satisfying though, like to be able to pick your own things.
Speaker 4: There is something very satisfying about it.
Speaker 1: When do you plant?
Speaker 4: I think it depends on the thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the thing.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm going to look into this.
Speaker 2: I'm not that good a mcgardner.
Speaker 4: It was just that, like I want it on my property.
Speaker 2: I had a nursery come like actually plant the different types of trees, and then we bought the all the herbs and of keeping them. But I don't know if we did it at the right time of the year or not.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna find out. But you're also in Alla, so that's a produce capital. So Dori, it's funny. She was talking about her bridal collection. I don't know what ended up happening with it, but Nectaria, they've reached out to me. They actually reached out to me to make me a wedding dress before, and I then connected that that was someone that It sounds like Dorita is doing like a collaboration with them for one collection. It doesn't sound like Nectaria is going to be her company. It sounds like one of these sort of housewives business things where it's not really your business, but it's like a thing to talk about on the show. And it's a line kind of thing, right, Like Kyle had a store Alien too, but it wasn't really her store. It was Alien two store, but it was called Kyle. Because a brand has come to you, you're on Beverly Hills, how do we get involved? And so that's what this sounds like. And I bet you it's beautiful. I'd love to actually have a dress or see a dress. I don't know if this comes to fruition, but I like the idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought one that they they just showed the picture of on the episode and it looked stunny.
Speaker 4: So I don't know. I don't know either if if it actually got made or I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, what did you do for your wedding? What did you wear?
Speaker 2: You know? They actually they're not there anymore. It was it was called floor Bear and it's atique beautiful boutique bridal store on Meller's Place, so charming, and then the dresses were just stunning, and so it was actually the opposite of what I thought I was going to do. It was not this that I thought I was going to pick. I had my mind, like I had a vision of what I wanted, and then everything just kept getting messed up, like it was our third venue like that. We went through the first one production and the and the venue could not get on the same page. So I already kind of started deciding, like the whole vibe of the wedding started picking things out, and I was like, guys, come on, we had to get this locked in, and we started doing stuff. I put down a deposit and this happened twice and then and then they were like, no, it doesn't work.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh my god. And Sewn Elliott.
Speaker 2: Actually helped me find us another one. It was this gorgeous house in Malibu, and then the husband and wife got divorced or they decided to get divorced, and the wife it was still like it's it's fine, it's fine, you can still do the wedding there. That husband was really pissed and was like nope. He's like, I don't want any wedding here. We're not doing it. So five weeks before my wedding, what yes, five weeks before and we're filming and they legit got made me. They would not let him go. They're like, okay, wait, because he called production for saying listen, we got a problem. They just backed out and so you guys aren't gonna be able to film there. She can't on the wedding there. They're like, don't tell her yet, don't don't.
Speaker 1: Call her because they wanted it for the show.
Speaker 2: Wanted it for the show. So I I lugit.
Speaker 4: Thought he was this was just for the show. And they never do that.
Speaker 2: But I was like, they never that would say don't.
Speaker 4: Answer your phone too if we're filming.
Speaker 2: And so, and I was sitting there and well and my phone was rking. I just turned it over and they're like, go ahead and answer it. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: I was like.
Speaker 2: And I just kind of like looked away and they're like, Mary, go ahead and answer it. I was like, oh, what are they doing? And so I pick it up. I see it, Sean, I pick it up, and I'm like there. But I didn't really buy it at first. I thought they're just messing with me, just to see what I'm gonna do, because no way, why would they have.
Speaker 1: Now five weeks before?
Speaker 4: They would never, but they they did.
Speaker 2: They were just like, please just wait until like this time where we can catch her role.
Speaker 1: Right of course that's gold.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And after we were done, like what that wasn't real? But right? I was like, I mean why what and They're like, no, that was real.
Speaker 2: We just asked them to call while we were on camera and I was like, no, no, Mary, that was real and they backed out. Oh my, it was deposit.
Speaker 1: Wait did you really pay for your Don't tell me you paid for your own wedding and gave it away for content. What you know. I didn't pay a goddamn dime a my wedding.
Speaker 2: I mean I got I got like things where a trade out, Yeah, like trades. First off, I still wanted to pay a good amount because the show was still new at the time. I mean, but I still got quite a few things I got discounts or or for trade for things for it because I can't show that I can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't imagine paying for a wedding that was covered by a television show, not because of not only because you're giving away something it's so valuable, because it's not the same. Like it's like saying when I go on vacation with Ramona to Mexico or somewhere, that I would pay for that, Like that's it's it's like torture going on show vacation.
Speaker 4: Had had but the house rights been on when you were on it?
Speaker 2: Were you right?
Speaker 4: At the beginning?
Speaker 1: It was my own spinoff show was three seasons, and then I had a spinoff that was Bethany getting Married.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll see so Orizonzo. We were at the beginning of season two and it wasn't like there was anything.
Speaker 4: It was a brand new show.
Speaker 2: And we were just like we were just happy, like second season.
Speaker 1: I know, I just never would oh my god.
Speaker 2: So I was like, oh, I know, and I say yes to everything I know about that. I'm like, I'm a team player.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know, so I know.
Speaker 2: But I did get a lot of stuff, like for free. It would have cost triple what.
Speaker 4: I paid at least, but I know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm still paid probably forty fifty grand or something. Yeah, but I ended up doing it at a client's house and so it was able to sell. Everything worked out because then so getting back to the wedding, yeah, it ended up we just found out. It was this new venue which was which is my dream house that I was talking about, like where it was like one day and it just matched the theme and I didn't I never thought I would pick it. I saw it on the hanger, I was like, nah, And my friend told me to try it, and she's like, just just humor me. Tried it on.
Speaker 1: Oh pretty, it's like romantic and Victorian, where you would have thought you'd do something more like this's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Though traditional, and then yeah that hew, yeah, oh that's funny. That's like looks like the same stand.
Speaker 1: That's hysterical. That's stunning. Yeah, very pretty, that's very pretty.
Speaker 2: Bridge I'm saying actually on my back, like no one ever sees it or anything but the yeah, it's and I got it before I ever met Romaine, and it said the only thing real in life are your dreams in love.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, and you got to have a dress that showcase that. That's amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay, it happened to have that, and then it kind of went along with a romantic vibe of.
Speaker 1: Oh I got it guard, Yeah, it's beautiful. Okay. So their table was gorgeous. Harry did a beautiful job. I like that of not pretentious and fancy, like a homie vibe. I like the whole vibe. I like what he's wearing. I like that she's dressed casual during the scene. I miss and prefer non costume Lisa. I like natural, normal Lisa. She like leaned into the Erica Jane dor read of it all, and so did Kyle. Everybody did. But the show used to be a little more down to earth and I like that, Lisa. So then Sutton walks in, and now the Tomasino thing is said, and I guess it's in another language, peeping tom. So this is becoming like a prodding of this issue and as a side so that's an issue between Crystal and Sutton. And now there's a side issue that seems to be getting resolved between Garcel and Lisa Rinna, because you saw a throwback to like something that happened and they're working on it. But now Lisa's decided that's a very producer thing. Well, why don't you have her birthday party as a show of it was an olive branch. So she has the birthday party on her dime. Because we've talked about parties, but this isn't like a fancy party. But she's got a bartender. So Lisa throws the party for Garcel's birthday, which seems like, like I said, an olive branch. But I'm thinking about the pasta, and I'm thinking about when I shot with Kyle a crossover episode years ago on Beverly Hills and Kyle said, none of these girls eat. She said that to me, she said, no one eats on the show. And I served grilled scallops and I forgot what else, like something very light, because I thought this is Beverally. You know New York. We ate like Marmona ate every sonya ate, I ate, Drinda ate like we ate.
Speaker 4: To tell me to stop eating.
Speaker 2: And almost every scene they will wait to bring it food out because they're like, Mary, can you stop eating for a few minutes so that we yes, I'm this conversation because no one wants to see you with food. I'm like, I'm starving. I want.
Speaker 1: But back in the day before Izenviic, everybody used to like, does Bethany even eat? She doesn't eat people assistance of mind. Everyone used to say that was the number one question.
Speaker 2: Just she eat.
Speaker 1: It was like an obsession, and Dirinda would always look at me. Dinda would tell Derinda would always tell everybody like this girl eats, and she'd look at me and she'd goes, I don't understand how that plate fits in there. She's like, poked my body, A pointed to my body and like the plate is like mounds of FOODGE like that, how does that fit in there? So she's funny about it. But I don't think anybody ate. I was looking at if anybody ate Kyle apparently ate hers. I was thinking bowl and yet's for this group like read the room.
Speaker 4: I would have loved it the same.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was like, oh my god, I want to I wouldn't see how he makes it and like it looks so good.
Speaker 4: It made me crave fasta Actually, when I watched it.
Speaker 1: It made I want past it out. It's so funny you said that I want pasta tonight with Brent. I literally want I was thinking, I want to make homemade sauce. There were a lot of like typical La things I saw. There was the Ivy china that I have at Ivy Pottery, and I saw what I would bet my life as a Sweet Lady Jane cake, which is a place on Melrose that looked like it wasn't.
Speaker 4: That that I think it may have been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it looked.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, and like she did a nice Duckhorn wine was a very nice wine, like and they're all giving each other all these lavish gifts, which I was thinking about the holidays and how I give aways, give out so many gifts, but that like a third of my gifts are like in the little Aramas box or in Bakara perfect wrapping, and a third of my gifts are amazing gifts, but like they're not wrapped that well because I buy gifts in bulk and stockpile them and then at Christmas I'm giving them away, so I don't have them like perfect in the bag like all the Beverly Hills housewives do. And even they brought a bottle of wine with a rose tied around, and I was thinking everything like appearances, even the gifts. It might not be like the most amazing gift, but it's gonna be in the most amazing package.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think a lot of people do do that in LA. You know, I guess it's all almost everything is presentation, though, But I.
Speaker 4: Mean, I don't know. It's a very away thing. I'm just wearing out LA.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a status symbol. Coming in with that bag is like coming in with an air mes berk and coming in with a little shopping bag from the store is a status symbol.
Speaker 2: I was watching it and I'm like, oh, they give good gifts. I was like, I just I do you think I'm a horrible gift giver? And I so when I do, I'm like, yes, I'm so fond of myself because it's something personal. I like doing something if I'm saying I want it to be personal where it's like it's I really thought it through and when something is meaningful to the person and and if I yeah, everybody likes them whatever my bracelet or or something, and yeah, and everyone's gonna be happy with it.
Speaker 1: Yes, you like a personalization of thoughts. Same same with me. I am an epic gift giver. It's a I give about two hundred and fifty gifts over Christmas and everyone is literally with the individual person in mind. I love giving gifts. I love it, and like, it's just funny that Lisa has been friends with ourself for years because she was friends with Denise for years. And Lisa, I just want you to know, is a fixture in Hollywood. Like She's a permanent fixture that knows everyone. Everyone, She's been through every iteration of this business.
Speaker 4: Good for her. Yeah, yeah, I think everybody knows who she is. I mean it's not just like.
Speaker 2: When I watched it, I didn't know who a couple other people were, the Sutton and I like, I couldn't say Kathy Hilton of course, Yes, Well I just know Crystal because of because of the show, because of like them just seeing her out and stuff on on same panels.
Speaker 4: And then who else? Oh, Kyle, of course I know who she is Racio from from real estate and stuff too.
Speaker 1: Kyle's a fixture to different than Lisa Rinna, but a fixture too.
Speaker 2: Before.
Speaker 4: How is he such a picture?
Speaker 2: Was she an.
Speaker 1: Actress or Kyle? No, Lisa, she was a soap actress, and then she really and she was she was a soap actress, and then doing Dancing with the Stars really like gave her a second chapter. Oh and then she really capitalized that that she took. She Lisa knows how to take an opportunity and squeeze it and get it all out. So that's good for her. Now she's doing fashion and she's got two model daughters and like she's she knows how to reinvent.
Speaker 4: She She's like Chris Jenner.
Speaker 1: She's like another Chris Jenner, but in a way, except she's not managing other people. And I don't think she always makes like as strategic decisions. Lisa Chris Jenner is like really looking at the chessboard. Lisa's just taking all the shots she can take. Kyle's like that too, not asategic, not his chess, but taking all the opportunities and not leaving any nickel on the floor of opportunity. And uh knows all the same people, but yes, so and Lisa's definitely takes and I mean this and this is gonna sound bad, but like they say it, this is gonna sound terrible, Like the most beautiful version of a cockerroach, because cockroaches never like die like Lisa Rinna is the most beautiful cockerroach ever. Like she you don't better, She's not gonna die, like she'll be fashion the model. She'll she'll she'll be ninety two years old then selling something somewhere, so she'll be selling sunset at ninety two. Yeah, so their call. So then now I relate to Sutton a lot. Derinda would relate to Sutton, And I'll explain why Ramona wouldn't relate to Sutton, because Ramona will just like laugh off something. Ramona could say the worst thing about somebody at a table, or make the biggest mistake of her life five minutes later, have a glass of wine and let it go. She literally doesn't care. She would forget it happen. Dewinda, Sutton, myself were in a mood. Someone has set us off. They've said us, they've said something. Someone's irritating us. We can not shake it off. We cannot taylor swift it. We will just like And so Sutton is in the moment and she can't just go with the flow. She just heard detest her detestment, which is not a word, her detest. The way that she detests Crystal is in her body and she cannot do it. She can't avoid it unless she if she's in that environment.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's so I didn't know if there was something bigger when I watched it. I just don't know the backstory. But if that's it, I guess I'm trying to like that. Well, no, like that with when Christine was on our show, like because we had her friendship before, so that was a personal thing for me, Like when something happened and I would just shake, Like when when because I I was just blown away by the behavior and things that were said and I was just like it was a personal thing.
Speaker 4: It just broke my heart.
Speaker 2: Now things have happened since I just stay out of people's business. So if something happened something like it, like with Chelsea like or something like that, I'm just kind of like okay, man, like and I do I forget things like right afterwards, I'm like, oh, I don't well, that's that's good. I don't care. I've moved on because I'm like a bit like is a personal attack of something that is changing my life? Fine?
Speaker 4: If not, I'm like, I don't care what they said.
Speaker 1: Well, you're not taking the bait, and I'm sure you have taken the bait. Everybody makes a mistake of taking the bait. Yeah, the name of the reality show game is to take everything personally and to take the bait. So there could be a next scene, so it could be an explosion then a makeup, like that's the name of this game. And it also seems like this is very inside baseball. But they're like into the season, they're exhausted, You start to get stressed out. You think alcohol is the best idea because you're dehydrated and you're tired, and you just want and you get deeper into it. So Sutton's been called somebody who violated someone else. She just doesn't seem to like this person, which I totally relate to also with certain people. And there is a smugness to Crystal that is not taking the bait, but also taunting and antagonizing. Like there's a little bit of a taunting going on which is totally triggering Sutton, and she wants to lunch for her and I can relate to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was an interesting episode to an interesting scene to me because knowing Crystal outside of that, she's like he always seems like no drama at all and just very sweet. And then I watched that and I was like, okay, but there's a ways to I always believe there's two sides to it too, where if you know that's something personal and with the word violating, she was accurate on the word. However, it can be taken a different way the way it said it, if that's a triggering word for for something, and it's like, Okay, I.
Speaker 4: Don't I see both sides.
Speaker 1: But well, first of all, knowing someone, knowing someone as an acquaintance in LA is very different than being in a pressure cooker with them on reality TV.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I don't know anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just and there's no it's just it was an interesting thing, like like the watching that he was just interesting.
Speaker 1: I agree. I agree.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know who Sutton is either, like this is the person I've never heard of her, or know who is she.
Speaker 1: Sutton is friends with Kathy and she's just a popular one on the show. She's good friends of Corsel. She's was married, she has a beautiful divorce settlement, and is very wealthy. Apparently she rented Kyle's house one season and she seems like kind of real, like meaning she's very you know, she's she's a wealthy woman who holds no punches, And I don't know, I haven't. I think this might be the only first episode, full episode I've ever seen with her, unless we've rewatched something else. I think I rewatched one other one at a party with Crystal in her But get get I get why she's on the show. She's like the Dirinda character of this show. She's abroad and she's real and she's cool and she makes mistakes and I like it. I don't think that the characterization of her being irrational is correct, and I don't and and Crystal doubles down with like, yeah, I'm not apologizing and I'm not changing the word, and she basically says the whole quintessential Housewives' apology, I'm sorry if if it made you upset, which is not an apology. And more importantly, I've always remembered this this this group doesn't have a great sense of humor. They laugh and they laugh at like partying and getting drunk, but like they're not particularly funny, and for nobody to laugh when Cathy said, who is hunky Dory? Fuck?
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I am Literally when I watched it, I got I started dying laughing, and I what the fuck up? And my mom's here for a couple of days and I took it and I was like, you've got to see this, and I was I was absolutely crying.
Speaker 4: I was laughing so hard, and.
Speaker 2: My mom just starts She's like, she really doesn't, does she not?
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny because like she said something in one of her interviews that made me realize, now the producers want her to be that person. And she said some other thing that didn't land. It was around a Garcel scene, but it was an interview and Kathy said something else that was like not that smart and dit see, but it didn't land. It wasn't like hockey Dory, which was real.
Speaker 4: Or was hilarious. Yeah, I thought.
Speaker 2: I was like, is it a Midwest thing? Is it? Or it's like just her like or like a country. I don't know, but she just didn't get it, and I thought it was the funniest, funniest thing ever.
Speaker 1: Same it was something about with her what was in her purse that they were trying to make force another funny thing in the interview, but it didn't land Crystal said, you're just jealous. I hate the word what? Like what what upside? Okay? I tell you Mary, you're jealous of me? Like what why would I say that? What would I like even if even if you were jealous of me? Like what? What? What is me saying that to you? Everyone else is gonna think I'm such a jerk because like, why would I think anyone is jealous of me? Why wouldn't you be jealous of someone twenty four with like a tight ass or a billionaire or some like You're not jealous of me? And why would she say that out loud? You're jealous of what?
Speaker 2: I know? Yeah, that word is thrown around so much, I think, and I just don't And maybe people are jealous more than I realized. But I mean, I just I'm not a jealous person. So it's always I hear all the time, and I'm like, I don't know, Like if someone has it, I mean, yo, of course people have more. You're like, oh, I want that, But it's like you do it in a like not jealous, like an aspirational yeah, like where yeah you look up to them.
Speaker 4: You're like ooh, how do I do that?
Speaker 2: Okay, Like and it's like motivating. Yeah, like I don't know, I think on a front.
Speaker 1: No, me too. But even if let's say you were jealous, would you admit it like you're jealous? Oh, you're right, I'm jealous, But like why would you say, Like it's you have such a high opinion of yourself to say to somebody else you're jealous.
Speaker 2: Never gonna admit to it. And then that then the person that says it just seems like an ass totally.
Speaker 1: So Crystal said you're jealous, and she seemed like an ass, and she opened up to a comment about about your ugly leather pants, and that moment made me look at everyone's outfit and like, this wasn't a good outfit party. We had one in the Hampton where we all just like clowns, but they were not. I didn't think of everyone's outfit Garcela any better.
Speaker 2: So I was like when she did that, then I did look at the outfits too, and I was like, oh, I'm gonna put out outfits, but like considering question is gone. But I was like, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention to anybody else's outfit. It was just because there was a conversation between the two of them. Then it does it forces you to look.
Speaker 1: So I went to everybody's outfit and I thought, this is not a good outfit party, Like, this is not It wasn't Ky, not Kyle, not Doriet, not Garcel. Garcel had like fur sleeves and a big F pat everywhere with f's everywhere, and Dorie was wearing like a ties Die rainbow outfit and the bolt belt was like all the way in the back tucked in a loop, and like maybe that's supposed to be like fashion. I don't know, it just it didn't land She had a Dio R Barrett.
Speaker 2: I remember that.
Speaker 1: I remember that, and her pink bag, which was a star. Kyle's outfit wasn't Landing. I don't remember Kathy's. I don't really remember Lisa's. Sutton's had like a lot of ornate AND's on them and crystal shirt and those leather pants also weren't great, Like nothing was that great.
Speaker 2: I don't remember anything standing out to me like, oh that's cute.
Speaker 4: But I only remember that two because in that scene, I was like I just looked, and.
Speaker 2: I obviously they pan in on the pants and then and then they go back to to satin and I was like, oh, that wasn't really good choice either, but but yeah, no one else really stuck out.
Speaker 4: I remember the Findy hat. I do remember that one.
Speaker 1: This is the ABC d EFG show. They have all the letters all the time. There was another there was a throwback to a scene with Kyle where she had the G sweater. It has to always be like a bunch of There were two representations of letters in this episode. And I think like Erica's wearing like a Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts band like jacket that had like shoulder pads a red why and I don't know, I don't remember. It wasn't the best outfit.
Speaker 2: It just wasn't a black like leather jacket or something.
Speaker 1: I think with gold or red. I just it's it's flashing before my eyes. I don't remember. But I liked her like plasticy interview look. And I liked Kyle's like for her and four Beverly Hills are own opening like yellow dress and Kyle had a big like geenie ponytail like sequins in the interviews the interview looks. I was always very very simple and did not take it up a notch. For the interviews, they always were like, can you My interview looks were just very nothing because I just couldn't deal.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't let me do anything different in the beginning, and I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I just thought, Okay, we're supposed to look like ourselves.
Speaker 2: But then on interview day they do.
Speaker 4: They have someone for hair makeup. The rest of the time we just take her of our own.
Speaker 1: Amazing Mary, So nice to meet you. Now we know each other. Thank you so much for coming one, Thank you for having me.