Speaker 1: Hi, guys, Welcome to another episode of to Teas in a Pod. I am fine. I've been having as you guys have heard if you listen to the pod, I've been having a headache for over two weeks and I ended up going into the hospital yesterday because the headache was so bad. Right after I filmed the pod, and they found that I have two brain tumors that need to be removed, which are getting done today or if you're listening, which I've gotten done today, and then I have three more smaller tumors that will most likely need to be removed with radiation. The only reason I'm even sharing this is because I don't want speculation on anything additional going on that isn't fact. And this is fact. And I feel really grateful that I've been able to have a conversation with my kids about this, that I'm in the hospital with Edwin and my friends, and I'm feeling ready and positive for surgery. Stay tuned.
Speaker 2: To Teas in a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and camradge Edge.
Speaker 3: Before we begin, maybe some of you have seen Teddy's Instagram stories. If not, I just want our listeners to know that she will be taken a bree sabbatical to deal with some health stuff. I'll allow Teddy to tell her story when she's back, but you all know how much she loves this podcast and wants nothing more than for us to continue on recording while she focuses on her health. We want to thank your continued love and support. Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Two Teas in a Pod, and today we have Trishchelle stepping in for Teddy. Hi, Tochelle, Hey.
Speaker 4: What's up? Thank you all for having me.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I mean it's been a tough night. I'm not gonna lie, and thank you so much for stepping in. I can't believe that we were I just me and Teddy both just saw you in your hometown, New Orleans, New Orleans, New Orleans. I always get a round, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: I just hope Teddy is getting well soon, and you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, lots of prayers. Please. Did you have fun with us though? I'm so glad that you got to meet her, And I thought that.
Speaker 4: You guys are a blast. I mean just both of you. Obviously, I know you from Traders, so down to earth, so fun. Yeah, and then my husband even got to meet you. Guys. For a second, y'all were beautiful and yeah, we had a great time.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, did you end up going to the Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: No? I did not. I didn't even really want to go, to be honest, unless the Saints are playing, I kind of don't care.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, gotcha.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I mean even when we were out, you were supposed to go out two nights out of the weekend that we were there at first tight, we had so much fun at you know, the what was it called the Madden.
Speaker 4: Was the EA Sports Madden super Bowl Party and it was a blast. Jelly roll Shaboozie. Chris Stapleton who Teddy was freaking out over.
Speaker 3: I know me too. He's like one of my favorites. Jellywa two.
Speaker 4: I know, he was amazing.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed with them both, but all of them.
Speaker 4: The second night, I couldn't even go out. I was supposed to go to the Sports Illustrated party, and my dress was so tight, and I was like, I could do I could either eat Cane's fried chicken in bed or I can wear this dress. I cannot do both, So like I decided to just get fried chicken and eating bed.
Speaker 3: Well, I saw on social media that Bronwin and her wife was in town. So I text her, I'm like, hey, are you in town. She's like, yeah, I go, let's meet for lunch. So we ended up meeting for lunch and she took us on a whole tour of like Bourbon Street in the French Quarter and wow, we went for those famous yes Beignet's right, yeah, Begnet's I didn't even know what a beigne was.
Speaker 4: Did you like it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was good. And then I saw on Instagram that one of the Kardashians we was there. Oh really, yes, same spots.
Speaker 4: So freaking cool. I did not know Broun when was here. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I'm so glad that you watched Beverly Hills and you're all cut up. So let's get into recappy. So this is Real House with Beverly Hills season fourteen, Episode eleven recap, and it starts. Riba joined Sutton, Kyle, and Garcelf for brunch. Sutton opens up about her father to Kyle. Sutton's father suffered from chronic depression and himself in December twenty oh two. This was a heavy episode for me.
Speaker 4: It was yeah and I know that some people are probably like, Wow, two thousand and two is a long time ago, but my mom died thirty years ago and I'm still not over it, Like I'm still not recovered.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and going back, you know, she's taken them back later on in the episode to taking them to the house that she grew up in and the actual house that he shot himself in, and I can't imagine, you know, it's gonna be her first time back what that would feel like. But learning all this backstory about Sutton's past in her childhood really helped me understand and love Sutton so much more.
Speaker 4: I think that it. You know, she comes off a little tough, a little tough like crass, I guess, but I learned a lot meeting her mother. Reva is a tough woman, and so that says a lot about how Sutton was raised and how she reacts to other people. Well, Riba being a therapist, I was like, what she is from the school of tough love for sure. I mean like I feel like as a therapist, if she were my therapist and I was crying to her, like she would make me cry even more because she'd be like, suck it.
Speaker 3: Up, you know, Yeah, you want something to cry about, I'll give you something to cry about exactly.
Speaker 4: I mean, I thought it was kind of humorous because I just feel like parents from the South are very critical, harsh, and judgmental. It's just how they are. I was raised in a household like that. Yes, just of everything. I mean, my family's still critical of me, but so I kind of understood it. I'm sure it was a shock for a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Though, Yeah, and then garcel thought it was a good idea to sit down with Reba and chat. Garcelle tells Riba that Sutton would love for her to say how proud she is of her. Ripa tells garcel that it's none of her business.
Speaker 4: I died.
Speaker 3: I died, dude. I'm like, garcel what are you thinking? And then Garcela thinks they may have been jealousy between Riba and Sutton because Sutton was so close to her father. And I understand those situations because I kind of felt that growing up. I was the only girl, and I was really close to my dad, and I always felt a little bit of tension between me and my mom growing up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, you know, I don't have kids I know you do, but I guess you're kind of like I birthed you, like I held you in my stomach. Why are you closer to your dad? I guess I would feel that way too, But.
Speaker 3: I think in general, at certain times of you know, ages, that the girls are closer to their dad, the boys are closer to their mom, you know, vice versa.
Speaker 4: So I get that I was a daddy's girl when I was a teenager, So I mean, I totally get it. But yeah, I don't know about jealousy though. I think her mom just went through a lot and and a lot of trauma, and I feel like it just made them a little bit hard.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: I will say that Reba's very good reality TV, that is for sure. So Sutton wants to take Kyl and Garcel to her childhood home. Riba was in the house when Sutton's father died. Sutton says she may have some resentment towards her mother, backing up to Garcel talking to Riba. Do you think Garcel approached Riba properly?
Speaker 4: Uh? Yeah, I think she did. And I don't think that Garcela was overstepping any boundaries. I think that Riba was just not having it, and I just Rebo was like, oh horrors, No, I mean, she's just so southern but so harsh. She's hilarious, she's hysterical. I was dying. Yeah, we need to see more of her. But I don't think Garcel did it in a bad way.
Speaker 3: I don't think so either. And Garcel's like, well, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. I mean, even was dying laughing when Sutton's assistant telling Riba you should get dressed, and Riba was not having it. Why would I do that? She's like, I am dressed. I am dressed. Why would I do that? I mean, she is a real gem.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, you know what. It was weird for me. Why was Kyle there? I feel like we didn't like see much of her or hear much from her.
Speaker 3: No, well, Kyle went running and said and told her to go the wrong way, right to the cemetery. And Kyle comes back like huffing and puffing, like I feel like she got lost.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. It was just like kind of a weird thing to even like that she was even there. I don't know, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And then we move on to Beverly Hills, where Durreek calls Erica Erica shows to read her renovations. Erica says she has been under a microscope since leaving Tom. Erica says after four to five years, she's excited about life again. I mean, Erica deserves all good things after what she has gone through.
Speaker 4: Yes, I feel like at certain points, social media decides to relentlessly pick on some person and she got it really badly for a while. And now that we know everything that we know, it wasn't as bad.
Speaker 3: It wasn't her Well, I think the problem is is like nobody waits to hear the outcome. And you know, she was in that huge all those lawsuits and divorced from Tom, and you know, all the stuff that he was accused of, and they tried to say she was doing things and she was having a hard time with it. And so finally she's on the other side of it. She looks great. You know, she just got roxy on Broadway again. Yeah, and she's decorating her house, make it in her home. So I'm just I'm just happy she's in a good place.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm also like very jealous that she has that amazing designer to do her house because I'm going through renovations now, and I'm like, my house doesn't look like this. I mean, everything's like so put together.
Speaker 3: In the background of her houseful, I vaguely I remember that designer having a reality show, and I can't remember what it was. It was a Yeah, it was like a house design show.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm excited to see the end product for her. She deserves the world. I'm happy for her.
Speaker 3: And then Bo's and her daughter catching up. Bose tells her daughter she wants to have a child. She and Keelee need to do it soon. Her daughter is supportive and opens up to Bo's having another child. I really thought that was a mature response from Bo's daughter about having a baby, since she's like a teenager now. And I think if I said that to my children, they'd be like, no, you're not doing that. You're too old. What are you thinking. I don't want a baby around here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your kids would definitely say that.
Speaker 3: But she's an only child, so maybe she's like, Yay, this could be exciting.
Speaker 4: Or maybe she's just like, this is never gonna happen. I mean, I just feel like I've seen this storyline before on Housewives, Like wasn't it like Ramona or someone or Sonya was like.
Speaker 3: Oh, it happened to Eddie. It's happened on every single franchise. I mean, well, the thing that's confusing to me is she admits that her and her boyfriend have never even said I love you.
Speaker 4: That is so strange to me. If you don't feel comfortable enough sharing those emotions with someone because you're unsure of like how their feelings are, you don't need to be having a baby with them.
Speaker 3: I agree, Well, I did have a robot baby with Eddie.
Speaker 4: I remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, astro astro. He was a robot baby. And I think that everybody that's thinking about having a baby that's older should get a robot baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just to remind you, Like, I mean, people are kind of setting their ways, I feel like after a certain age, and I just don't see how that would be beneficial to them. She has everything in her life.
Speaker 3: Now, like I know, I know, but she probably also would have people to take care and get up in the mill of the night like all those things. Like I'm like, just bring me a baby that's three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't want to change any diapers.
Speaker 3: I would have this old lady's too tired for the shit.
Speaker 4: Same same, yeah, yeah, I don't think it's going to happen, but we'll see.
Speaker 3: But back in George's, Sutton, Kyle, and Garcel head to Sutton's childhood home. Sutton gets emotional seeing the house. Sutton says this is the last step in her healing journey with her dad, and she wants to say goodbye. Sutton says she had the privilege of being Daddy's girl. Sutton gets emotionally remembering the last time she saw her father. Sutton wants to make things right with her mother. I mean, this has to be so difficult for sudden, Like I'm like, she's in the car, She's like, nope, I'm not going in. Yes i am. No, I'm not, i'man And it also the owner's allowing them to film in that house.
Speaker 4: I know, But then again, I just wouldn't turn anyone away if they told me that story and they were like, I really want to see.
Speaker 3: Well I would hope not for you know, most people of course come see.
Speaker 4: But to be honest, I feel like when our parents die like that, especially if she was younger, it makes you think about your own mortality, like my mom was forty four. When I was forty four, I was just like, oh my gosh, like it was making me nervous and I feel like sudden and she's like reliving all this. I've only been to my mom's grave one time. I don't know how Sutton did that. That seemed so difficult.
Speaker 3: That's what I was thinking too, or like I can't even imagine being in the same room where she saw him last, and just the way she was talking, like I'm like, I just want to hug you, Sutton. And that's not usually how I feel about Sutton.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, but this really gave her a lot of depth, I think, and like I needed to see this side from her, and it explains a lot for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what everybody's saying, Like it kind of humanized her and gave people perspective of why she is the way she is. And I think that she really needed this for the show because so many people have opinions and that's why, you know, people jump to conclusions and how somebody is and why they react a certain way, but nobody ever thinks, well, why why do they act that way?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I also feel like, you know, she's very southern and Southern people just have like I feel like we don't know how to communicate very well. I feel like they don't want to. We don't want to make our problems other people's problems, so instead we internalize it and it makes us like nasty.
Speaker 3: Where were you born?
Speaker 4: Cut off Louisiana on the Bayou south of New Orleans.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, So you've been You've grown up in that area?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, And I went to college in Mississippi. Just very southern, and so I know a lot of Southern people are like that.
Speaker 3: Well, I saw the Mississippi River when I was here.
Speaker 4: Did okay you saw the things.
Speaker 3: I did, like the Bruswold Look, I'm like, uh huh, yep, okay, let's go like good. It's good. So back in Beverly Hills, Bo's Erica and Jurite Meat. Bo says she and Keeley have never said I love you. Bo says she loves Keeley, but she wants him to say it first. Durite says she spoke to p K like nothing had happened. He ask PK to slow down and communicate for the benefit of the children. Bo says it feels like a trick, but Darit disagrees. Bo's and Erica agree PK is trying to calm du eat because he wants the upper hand.
Speaker 4: Okay, Bo's is a real one for this conversation because she's telling the hard, tough truth to Toreat and I feel like we can all see it, and she's just not seeing it being in it. Uh, p K does not want to be with her. It's over.
Speaker 3: It's over. He doesn't want anything to do with her. You can tell.
Speaker 4: It's and it's sad and I don't know what happened with him and why, but I mean, it's just and I feel like it's getting nasty and it's going to get nasty for her and I hate that. Well.
Speaker 3: Eric has said the best. She says, PK's ruthless. He's ruthless in business, so he'll be ruthless in the business of divorce. And I always say, like, you really know who you married when you go through a divorce, because that's when all the ugly comes out.
Speaker 4: But why do you think it is that Dree doesn't see it.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know. I mean she genuinely acts shocked at ericam Bows's vice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I saw that on her face, and it's like, I don't know if she I guess she's just still in love with him as the father of her children, and she wants the best and she doesn't she doesn't feel like it's going to go that route.
Speaker 3: But I just she needs I'm not understanding. I never thought there'd be anything more confusing about Dui than her accent. And now we have this. Yeah, honestly, this is what we have here. We are here, we are so going back to Georgia. Sutton is on edge about talking to her mother. Sutton has been working on her business set in Green Line, and she wants her mother to be proud of her. Sutton tells Reba she spoke to her brother John Clark about how she isn't proud of her. Riba questioned why she'd think that. Reba says she doesn't need to say she's proud of her. Sutton says it's important to her. Sutton invites Riba to her fashion show and Riba accept Reba says they can do better together and Sutton is very happy. Do you feel like Reba gave Sutton all that Sutton needed or is it just a good start?
Speaker 4: I feel like it's a start, but I feel like they have like they butt heads. I thought it was so odd that her mom said saying I love you is trite, and I'm like, saying I love you?
Speaker 3: What is trite?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 3: Not necessary? Over overused?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Like it? Yeah, wait, what does trite mean? Yeah? I think that's what it is. It's just sort of like you don't need to say it or something. I don't know, you should just know it.
Speaker 3: We should just know it overused, So it means overused, overuse.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I grew up in a household where nobody said they loved each other. Ever, I remember, like you know now, going through therapy. I'm like, I remember when I was twenty maybe twenty one, and I was going I was flying somewhere and it was the first time my parents like said it and I started crying. Oh my gosh. Really like I'm like, wow, wow, okay, we're doing this.
Speaker 4: I just feel like her mom is so harsh, but I think it's a good start. Also, I am so confused by this line that Sutton is doing. I feel like she needs to do like a quirky clothing line with like cats on sweaters and not like cashmir like, I don't know, was.
Speaker 3: That like a cargo jacket or something like that.
Speaker 4: It just didn't make any sense. And I'm like, she's not known for her style, so I don't understand why, Like she's a quirky one. I don't get that.
Speaker 3: And Ripa going well that she's comparing her line to ground beef at one point, ah, and it's.
Speaker 4: From Cuba, Cuba, Cuba.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's like ground beef.
Speaker 4: That was so weird.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, oh my god. I think the funniest part was Kyle and Garcel Garcel eavesdropping and then as soon as they called her name, she she like scattered. They scattered like cockroaches. They're like what huh.
Speaker 4: Kyle started walking back down the stairs to pretend like she was just That was the scary.
Speaker 3: It was hilarious.
Speaker 4: Also, I died at Kathy and Kyle's FaceTime when Kathy's trying to put her ear to the phone and Kyle's like, you're on FaceTime. You don't have to do that.
Speaker 3: Do that, Baker. She is always doing something like that.
Speaker 4: I can. And then Kyle was talking about like mo going to Greece, and I kept thinking, is that where you met his new girlfriend on that trip that they're talking about his girlfriend like gree something anyway.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just like think about things. And when I see the show from what I know now, and I'm like, oh, but I.
Speaker 3: Just she was saying, Oh, he's going to Europe to meditate. I'm like, I want to go to Europe to meditate.
Speaker 5: You're going to hook up with twenty year olds like stop said he's going to take shots and mikon O's going party in a bisa and he's gonna hook up with hot girls.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Do you feel like Riba actually gave Sutton like that love that she needed? Do you think because Sutton's not used to it, that was enough for her? And Okay, we're good. We're good for six years.
Speaker 4: I feel like, yes, I do. I actually feel like Sutton for her, she was just like, yeah, we're fine, that's great, just because she's not used to getting it, and so I think that'll be fine for them. I'm sure her mom is a lovely person. She just has a funny way of saying it. But that's why Sutton's kind of funny too, Like, yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Comes from that, and well, please her mom agreed to come to California go to her. I don't know if it's a fashion show or whatever she's having. Yes, and I'm just saying I can't wait to see that episode.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we need more Reba, we do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a feeling they're they're off that day to head back home, and we're gonna have to wait a little while before we see some Riba.
Speaker 4: Yeah. By the way, who is Sutton gonna end up with? I'm just so curious. She's just an odd bird.
Speaker 3: I like it, She's just not But what didn't sentence mom say something like, yeah, I'll come to California, but I ain't staying and your sons weren't room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 3: I don't like that dish tank?
Speaker 4: Oh she Yeah, her mom is tough. You cannot please this woman. So I don't think that anything Sutton does is going to like wow her mother. I think that she just needs to like accept that her mom is just who she is.
Speaker 3: Well, that's it for that episode. I thank you so much for thank you. Yeah, and it was so nice to see.
Speaker 4: You you as well, And we hope to see Teddy back.
Speaker 3: And what are you gonna do? The real Housewives of New Orleans.
Speaker 4: Uh, New Orleans. We need to do a real Housewives every year. This city is amazing. It would be so fun to film. There's something every single day, Like, look at all my mask, I'm like covered in glitter from doing theme party decorations. Yeah. I hope that we get to do one soon. Will be great.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And Andy loves you.
Speaker 4: You know that. I love Andy too. I think he's amazing. I wonder if he saw that we were all hanging out. I was gonna write him we should have FaceTime.
Speaker 3: Oh all right, oh my god. All right, well, I'm gonna go make myself a scrambled egg sandwich with mayo like Sutton used to have.
Speaker 4: Sounds good.
Speaker 3: All right, love you, all right, okay, bye bye bye