Speaker 1: Cool Media.
Speaker 2: This is it could happen here or Executive Disorder, our weekly newscast covering what's happening in the White House, the crumbling world, and what it means for you. I'm Garrison Davis Todame, joined by Mia Wong, James Stout, and Robert Evans. This episode, we are covering the week of November fifth to November thirteenth.
Speaker 3: That's how I feel about the week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how you feel.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: The shutdown is now over, the longest shutdown in US history. Last weekend, eight Democratic senators caved on the shutdown, approving a deal to reopen the government without extending the existing Obamacare subsidies, gaining only a promise to have a Senate floor vote on healthcare tax credits sometime in December, with no indication given that this vote would pass the Chamber and no commitment from Speaker Mike Johnson that he would hold a vote in the House. None of the Democratic senators that sided with the Republicans are up for reelection in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think that suggests pretty clearly that this was orchestrated in stage by the Democratic Party as a whole. You don't have Oh, we picked eight specific people you can't vote against in the next cycle. Yeah that Yeah, it was very clearly just stage managing.
Speaker 2: Specifically with the Schumer being somewhat in charge of the Senate, that Democrats, who likely would have been the person orchestrating this, who himself did not vote for this deal, was able to personally vote against it despite likely being the one orchestrating this entire deal. Yeah, two of the senators who signed on are retiring at the end of their term. But even if we can't get health care through this shutdown bill, you know what these Democrats.
Speaker 4: Did able to squeeze it in.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if the Democrats squeze did in there, but it is in there. That's a Delta eight hemp THHC band, which is inclusive, horrible in the Senate funding bill, absolutely awfully.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course they did.
Speaker 3: A boy hattie, and the hemp industry has gotten angry about this. They're they're planning to fight it in twenty twenty six. I guess we'll all see because it takes a while to take effect. But yeah, that is there's a lot of hemp farms in Kentucky that are pissed off right now.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: So we can't get healthcare, but at least we also can't get HEMP, THHC. So what if there wasn't bread or circuses?
Speaker 5: What would happen? Then?
Speaker 1: Wow, we would vote for the Democrats mere because they have the least bad option. I think that's how that got It's right. I've been on Blue Sky a few times this week. I think I've got it pretty drilled in.
Speaker 2: Catherine Cortes Maestro of Nevada, Dick Derman of Illinois, John Fetterman of Pennsylvania, maying Asan of New Hampshire, Tim Kaine of Virginia, Angus King of Maine. No King's protest member just dropped. Catherine Cortez Mosto of Nevada, and Jean Shaheen of New Hampshire speaking of the Senate and the Oversight Committee, this whole Jeffrey Epstein, things doesn't seem to be going away, does it?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: Like you, I was a skeptic about like, could there be anything in there that's actually gonna hurt Trump if he hasn't been hurt so far by everything that is out there? And I don't know. I guess I'm still a little bit of a skeptic, but it's increasingly hard to be because like, how much? How could it be worse than this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's something that isn't this how to be worse.
Speaker 3: Than Donald Trump was at Jeffrey Epstein's mansion and walked into a glass door because he was so busy oggling children.
Speaker 1: The fact that this is what they released to distract you from the stuff they don't want to release, well is one of the Democrats?
Speaker 2: Oh to be fair, well both This was the emails they were able to subpoena from Jeffrey Epstein's estate as a part of the Oversight Investigation into the federal government's investigation of the Epstein files. Yesterday, the Oversec Committee released this batch of files related to the Epstein investigation, mostly of note a series of emails from about twenty eleven to twenty nineteen, including one from Epstein written to Maxwell from twenty eleven quote, I want you to realize that the dog that hasn't barked is Trump. Victim redacted named victim spent hours at my house with him. He has never once been mentioned, police chief, etc. I'm seventy five percent there. In a short email, exchange from December twenty eighteen, an unknown individual sent Jeffrey Epstein this message.
Speaker 4: Quote, it will all blow over.
Speaker 2: They're really just trying to take down Trump and doing whatever they can to do that, with Epstein replying yes, thix, thanks, it's wild because I am the one able to take him down. Whatever could he mean by that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who knows.
Speaker 3: There's no way to tell. There's absolutely no way to tell.
Speaker 1: If you are currently in high school English class and people tell you will not be able to make billions of dollars if you are unable to use grammar, punctuational capital letters correctly. That that appears not to have been an impediment to Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 4: Jeffrey Epstein's typing style is fascinating.
Speaker 5: It's awful.
Speaker 1: Well, it's extremely distinctive, which I suppose is a valuable thing in itself.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's it's fascinating, But I mean, there's a lot of different emails of note. A twenty nineteen email from Epstein to Michael Wolfe quote Victim marl Argo redacted. Trump said he asked me to resign, never a member ever. Of course he knew about the girls, as he asked Galaine to stop unquote.
Speaker 5: Which, by the way, the way that I've been I've been seeing that quote passed around is just that he knew about the girl's part, which makes it a little bit technically ambiguous as to what he's talking about. But the second part being as he asked just Lane to stop, Oh, that's as blatant as he could possibly be. Right, what Emste's saying there was really clearer.
Speaker 2: The main thing that's clear from this exchange is, at the very least, the tend to which Trump was very aware of Epstein's activities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well, in which everyone was not just fucking Donald Trump, but like the Obama Whitehouse's chief legal counsel from twenty eleven twenty fourteen, right, who he messaged with regularly and seems to have been flirting with him. Right, she seems to have been into him. And they're all just kind of casually or he is with them casually joking about like being a pedophile.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, there's emails from Steve Bannon here, who he's just chatting with, like emails, Yeah, appear keel at one point.
Speaker 2: The Steve benn In exchange is from twenty nineteen from Jeffrey Epstein talking about a recent state visit message Prince Andrew and Trump today too funny. Another reply from Epstein recall Prince Andrew's accuser came out of mar A Lago and response from Bannon, can't believe nobody's making you the connective issue Jesus Christ dwild wildly blatant stuff. In exchange from twenty fifteen from Michael Wolf to Jeffrey Epstein, I hear CNN is planning to ask Trump tonight about his relationship with you, either on air or in scrum. Afterwards, Epstein replied, if you were able to craft an answer for him, what do you think it should be. Wolf responded to that quote, I think you should let him hang himself. If he says he hasn't been on the plane or to the house, then that gives you a valuable pr and political currency. You can hang him in a way that potentially generates a positive benefit for you, or if it really looks like he could win, you could save him generating a debt. Of course, it is possible that when asked, he'll say, Jeffery is a great guy and has gotten a raw deal. It is a victim of political correctness, which is to be outlawed in a Trump regime.
Speaker 1: Managine putting that in writing to a Gmail address.
Speaker 4: Gmail is a fascinating choice by FTV.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah yeah. Also the fact that every goddamn one of these messages ends with synth on my iPad is it's just constantly amusing, said to my h They're always like two extra spaces between sentences, Like you can tell they're old people typing on iPads a lot of the time with their fucking clumsy ass fingers. Yeah, beautiful, It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Tech si is huge.
Speaker 2: Some really disturbing exchanges from Epstein and a man named Lendon Thomas Junior, with Epstein saying would you like a photo of Donald and girls in bikinis in my kitchen?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: Bro, Hawaiian tropical girl Lauren Potrella. Epstein then sent a link displaying an image of a woman quote my twenty year old girlfriend in ninety three that after two years I gave to Donald unquote. One thing I want to note here is that Thomas Junior, yeah, baby, long long time journalist at the New York Times, and she's just handed this financial journalist.
Speaker 3: Yes, so he couldn't do anything with it. He could do nothing with it. Obviously, he's a financial journalist. He can't report on what financier Jeffrey Epstein tells him about Donald Trump walking into a glass door because he was oggling and children at Jeffrey Epstein's mansion. That's a thing that Jeffrey joked about to him, and The New York Times never printed. Yeah, in twenty sixteen they had this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah, there's a tendency and I understand why to get sort of burned out on this right to be like, oh my god, it's more Epstein news. But we should be furious about this. Yeah, this was you know what we have here? And this isn't even the stuff they're trying to hide, right, This isn't the Epstein files. This is just the emails that the Oversight Committe has been able to get right, and it suggests very plainly that we are ruled by a group of pedophiles. And I refuse to call them a cabal, because cabal implies that they work in the shadows. They were not. The entire ruling class knew this was going on openly.
Speaker 4: By joking about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they don't care. Yeah, they think it's funny.
Speaker 2: There's this exchange from twenty seventeen between Jeffrey and an unknown individual where Jeffrey says, you are welcome at my house always and more private. The prisoner's bonds very well. Just send me the address again and the code to the door so I can get to the second floor and send me the day and time. Thanks, Jeffrey said ten pm. Should I bring special cake from New York? The unknown individual responded yes, and then once they arrived, they sent the message quote I'm at the door, but I will wait for my time. I don't want to come early to find Trump in your house to laughing emojis, twenty seventeen.
Speaker 5: Christ.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And the reason they're doing this, right, the reason they're they're so blatant about this reason. They all think it's so funny. The reason they're just doing this over completely unencrypted email in a way that like someone planning a completely legal protest where you stand outside of a building with signs right, would not plan it like this. So the reason they're doing this is that these people and men like them have been ruling this country for five hundred years. In an uninterrupted line from Columbus's fucking crew through on Hispaniola through Jefferson and Sally Hemming's like to Epstein is an uninterrupted mine. They think that they are completely invincible and that no one will ever challenge them, And you know, maybe maybe they're fucking right. For all of the sort of moaning and complaining about woke censorship and me too and cancel culture, these people never shot the fuck up ever at any point. All of these people are running around to their fucking Epstein conferences taking a bunch of money to talk about eugenics.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's I mean, there's there's some fun stuff about that in here too, because he was emailing with Lawrence Krauss less eugenics and more hatred of women where not too like, there were very funny emails where Kraus was being like, you know, I'd made a comment of a speech that half of all the IQ in the world comes from women, but they're more than half the population. Ha like a lot of just like casual. It's it's a really interesting insight into how people at kind of the highest levels of finance and government and just wealth in general and in media communicated with each other during this period of time. I'm sure it's different now. Because people are even less good at writing. But yeah, it's a useful. It's a snapshot that we don't get anywhere else of like this chunk of the I mean talking about that fucker at the New York Times, who, by the way, was shitcan in twenty nineteen for soliciting donations from Jeffrey Epstein and not informing them of his personal relationship. But again, the Times never published anything based on their conversations. It's the same group of people who have been telling us every issue that like it might changentally be connected to, like transitioning is newsworthy, and it's incredibly newsworthy if this like official at a college might have plagiarized once in their childhood or in their youth. But it's not newsworthy at all to talk about the possible future president walking face first and do a glass door because he's staring at naked children in a pedophiles mansion.
Speaker 5: This is the period. This is the period where they were they were running stories about the food at Grenell College. Yeah, and you can and you know, and there's another I think part of this too, where if if you look through these things, you can find these people all complaining about me too. Right, yeah, you can. You can find these people all doing their sort of like oh, these are all those same people who do all of the like oh, like we're the bold truth tellers, blah blah blah, we're being censored by like cancer culture. I want to take a stab at the question that these that you're actually not allowed to ask, you know. And what I say you're not allowed to ask is these people don't want you to ask. All the fucking hedge fund manage, the CEOs, all the senators, all the presidents, every one of these fucking files does not want you to ask a simple question. Why do we have a ruling class? Like we gave them five hundred years of running this continent and do you know what they produced again? Five hundred years of uninterrupted pedophiles. Right, we are on we are on year five hundred of this from like Colabus Jefferson to right, So why do we have this?
Speaker 3: That's just not how people people. No one's going to a store or to the politics store, or heading out to vote and voting for another year of the pedophile ruling class. People don't really think. People don't tend to think about it that way and in part they don't because the ruling strata of the United States has not portrayed itself in the same unbroken way, right, Like it very much makes an effort not to in public. And there's an extent to which it is. It's certainly different than like the old aristocracy of the British and the landed gentry that ruled the British Empire. It's not exactly the same, but it is like the same kind of people and in a lot of cases the same families that continue to control large amounts of wealth and inherent political power. I mean, there's another fucking Kennedy who seems like a nice kid getting into politics just as we speak, right, I don't know. I think I feel like we'll have a dedicated an episode on more of the Epstein stuff, like and there's an extent to which I keep thinking about that, like bitten community, where it's like no one's on the other side of this issue that's listening to this podcast. Everybody's very angry about the pedophilia. Everybody's very angry about all of this stuff, and I have mostly been interpreting it through just like laughing over the last day or two, which is bad because it's like really bad stuff. You shouldn't just do that at it. But like what else what other reactions? Like you can pick and choose whatever you do. I think to your point, Mia, however you react to this is not going to change anything, right, yeah, like so far it hasn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, but I mean, okay, I don't think that's completely true. You can watch how just like pissed off and scared these people were about like about me too, right, and like you can you can go listen to bann It a couple of weeks ago talking about how if they lose the election, like we're all going to prison. Yeah, right, like these people are like concerned about even like me too, which was a fairly milk like it wasn't like a particularly radical feminist movement right now, and these people were losing their fucking minds about it. And you know, like we we have the potential to organize feminist movements that can actually do things about this shit, Like we we are capable of building new feminist movements. We did one not that long ago that was a big part of this administration collapsing the first time, and we can do it again.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying there's no point in fighting them. I'm just saying, like your reaction the moment to the Epstein leagues doesn't matter as much as is this going to Is this going to cause any kind of like long term resistance to the administration? Is this going to And maybe it will, But like I guess the thing that I'm curious about is like what what is what are what are we doing to try and make this matter? Right, because like that's that's where I am.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But the answer to the question is this going to matter? Is also, don't think that every single one of us decides, right, because if we all just do nothing, then yeah, nothing will happen. Right. If we go mobilize and we go do things to resist these people, we intensify the things we're already doing. If we start doing new things, if we start doing new sort of feminist insertioncies, right, then things can change. But if we don't, they're not going to and we're just going to have another five hundred years with these pedophiles ruling everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I think that it's probably more a matter of like this is likely to shift more people away from the GOP, at least in the immediate future. I don't think in the long term, I don't know that you don't build a coalition off of this, because the dims certainly aren't trying to you at least get this like wider awareness of where the real problem was. But I just don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to be utilized electorally by some Republicans to eventually decouple the party from Trump. Yeah, after this becomes more and more evident and they're looking for a way to get themselves out of becoming the Trump Party, and turning on him specifically through this issue will probably be one of the methods in which they do that. And you see that with some with some people like even like Margor Taylor Green and Lauren Bobert.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Rod Dreer is writing about some stuff adjacent to this, Right, These are the guys who think Vance needs to lead the party away from Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and are already viewing Trump as a as a sort of lame duck presidency in insomuch is that he's kind of failed to do a whole bunch of stuff, especially on the economy, in the past year. The midterms are about to get up and running. That's gonna take up a whole bunch of energy that everyone expects the Dems to do very well in the midterms and then prevent the Trump administration in the final two years from getting much of anything done through blocking things in Congress. And that's what a lot of people on the far right are like taking this situation as as basically January to now was the second Trump administration. This is the most said they're going to get done, and now it's kind of all downhill from here. Yeah, and they're looking far beyond Trump now.
Speaker 1: Yes, I want to tack back to the Times real quickly before we move past this. Like garretson, some of those emails you read, if I'm not mistaken, were like in December of twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, the twenty eighteen ones are Epstein saying I am the one able to take him down.
Speaker 4: That one's from twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, So let's talk about I mean, the week before the midterms and all week after midterms in terms of Times front page stories. Right the week before the midterms twenty eighteen, the Times ran twelve stories on the quote unquote migrant caravan on the front page round twenty fourth. Oh yeah, I remember that right the week after it ran five, the migrant caravan continued to grow as more people are I was physically present in Tijuana right as the caravan was arriving, and I continued to be present for the rest of that year. The caravan conteaum to grow, and what people continued to come. Right, this is and a choice was made not to cover the Epstein stuff that Roberts spoke about. Right. A choice was also made at that time to really like this caravan was not huge. It was large, but it wasn't a hugely remarkable number of migrants, and it occupied twelve front page stories during that one week before the election. Right. I don't know how else I can say this, Like they're literally saying, look over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, and I guess that's part of my fear gear is I think that is accurate as to how things are going to play out, and that the dims will have a good midterm and probably pretty good results in the twenty twenty. That's less clear to me, you know, because in part if the DIM's have a really good twenty twenty six and then things continue to get worse, maybe we'll blame the party. I don't know. Who's going to show up on the you know, after Trump that that's all a little unclear. But what worries me is that in the mix of all that we're going to get away from and I think this is almost inevitable, actual accountability for these people, Like I don't foresee they're being strong punished. I foresee things moving forward, possibly in a way where they get quite a bit better, but not where I don't see the likelihood of these people getting punished. And I don't know that somebody running in twenty twenty eight on a platform of we're going to hang these people in the street would win, But I think it's worth a shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's pretty far off, I really know. Yeah, I'm not sure how much this will still be relevant by then. I mean after Mike John's for seven weeks delayed the swearing in of Arizona representative at Elitea Grihalva. She was finally sworn in yesterday on Wednesday and became the two hundred and eighteenth required signature on the discharge petition to force a floor vote for the full release of the Epstein files. Johnson says this vote will happen next week. During this process. Trump held an emergency meeting in the Situation Room with Pam Bondie, Todd Blanche, and Cash Bettel to convince Lauren Bobert to take her name off the petition, which would then result in it not being complete and forcing the vote. They are certainly in a panic over this. The whole White House team is. This morning Thursday, Press Secretary Carolyn Levitt put out an amazing post on X the Everything app quote. If not for the Jeffrey Epstein story, CNN would be forced talk about how Chuck Shue we're in. The Democrats got shellacked by President Trump and Republicans in the government shut down fight. It's clear this there's another Democrat and mainstream media hoax fueled by fake outrage distract when the President's wins, Republicans don't be fooled. President Trump will remain focused on making America affordable again if not for the Jeffrey Epsteeth story. If not, aren't we all saying that if the President wasn't a pedophile, then everyone would love him.
Speaker 3: If not for the child molestation, he'd be allowed to live in this neighborhood.
Speaker 4: I want to mention the Macon Kelly thing.
Speaker 2: In terms of in terms of Republicans reacting to this and trying to find a way to sort through. And some of them are manufacturing like consent, like making Kelly here, and others I think are quite ready to just throw Trump to the wolves.
Speaker 5: Frankly, Yeah, there's a so Megan Kelly, I'm not going to play the clip from you all because having to listen to Making Kelly's.
Speaker 4: I've listened to four four hours to make and Kelly this week.
Speaker 5: Miya, Yeah, let's no more. But she has this whole line about how she knows someone who's close to the case and has all the details and that person thinks that, Yeah, her exact quote is, I think there's a difference, a difference between a fifteen year old and a five year old. I mean she literally is talking about how, oh he was into the he wasn't into four or five year olds. He's talking about She says this and I quote barely legal types, and then she says fourteen or fifteen, which.
Speaker 4: No legal Just pause, pause right.
Speaker 5: There, fourteen fifteen not legal. I think there was a conversation to be had about descent to which the barely legal like just turned eighteen. Shit is to a large extent of product of like American pedophile culture and misogyny. But like, those are fourteen and fifteen year olds, and this is the like, you know, this, this is the defense of these people are are dragging out for this, which is that oh well he wasn't like literal like like five year olds. So actually it's they're like they're they're they're they're they're doing the libertarian thing. It's like, isn't the be a file or whatever? The fuck?
Speaker 2: I think a lot of this is also the result of like the QAnon idea that like they're traffic four year olds and like, no, this is mostly like really young teenagers. That's mostly what these guys are into and making Kelly specifically was talking about Epstein.
Speaker 3: Is seven really young. They're six fifteen to seventeen year old girls. Right. That's the part of the problem is that a huge number of not just men, but largely men in this country don't see fifteen to seventeen year old girls as children.
Speaker 5: Which they are. And yeah, that's really a pro Yeah, it's just struggling, just incredible structural misogyny, that's just yeah, And so that's what they're sort of trying to bake all of this stuff as now, and I guess we'll see whether it works or not, just because Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think this line from Megan Kelly is going to be very successful on a large scale of but phobophelia. I don't think it's I don't think it's gonna work. I I her motivations for this are I'm sure not great.
Speaker 3: Now, you don't know that, Garrison, and I think.
Speaker 2: It's on She is pulling from this like a QAnon brain idea, right, that these are a whole bunch of like basically infants.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, what else do you want to talk about?
Speaker 3: Let's talk about January sixth and the terrorisms.
Speaker 4: Sure, I love no either of those things.
Speaker 3: I Garrison, you love terrorism.
Speaker 2: I had a fun day, No, honestly, I had a great January sixth.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 4: That was a really fun morning for me.
Speaker 3: That was a hoot of a day. Boy, howdie when they breached the capital doors? Great time? Well windows first, but yeah.
Speaker 4: I think you mean when the FBI breached the capital doors for sure.
Speaker 3: Yes, So this all takes me to the sub stack of a guy named Rod Dreyer. Rod is he wouldn't call himself a fascist. But if you ever bring up is this specific fascist from history bad, he'd say, well, not compared to the communists they stopped, right, that's the kind of conservative if that Rod is he's basically friends with He's basically friends with Victor or Bid. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Didn't he just write a piece called our women ruining the workplace?
Speaker 3: He's written several like that, ye, because think he's just like the piece I'm talking about was ago one he came out with on November tenth called what I Saw on Herd in Washington, and he was at a meeting with President Vice President James Darryl Vance, not Dol. Yeah, James Dolan Vance. That's a good James Dolan. You're a real New Yorker. Now, Garet, are you pissed about the Knicks permanently?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: Basketball's too masculine for me.
Speaker 3: So he came out with this article about this this meeting that that Vance had with Victor Orbon and some other Republican luminaries. And for a little bit of context, Dreyer is again, you wouldn't call him an anti Trumper. You'd call him a guy who thinks that Trump is going to doom the right and doom the right to fascism unless jd Vance can save them. He actually has a recent His most recent column is basically jd Vance is the only person who can save the right wing from fascism. And here's a weird dude who like reads a lot of Hannah a Rent but absolutely does not understand her. But this article of his based on this meeting is useful for a couple a couple of reasons. One that I'm sure Gary and I will talk about more detail later is Dreyer estimates in here that thirty to forty percent of these zoomers who are working for the Republican Party in DC are gropers aka fans of Holocaust. And I are and true true? Yeah? Is that? What is that what eugen z kids are saying for? Truth? Garrison? Yeah, that's okay, okay, that's truth. I can't keep it a great deep track of that's shit anymore?
Speaker 1: Truth nuke Great, Now.
Speaker 3: That makes sense, Duke.
Speaker 2: Sure, Yeah, they're all gropers, or at least forty percent are.
Speaker 3: Thirty thirty forty percent? And I actually eat number one he Dreyer. He's not someone that I I think just makes up nonsense. I think he's like wrong because his brain is bad. But I I he provides some backup, including interviews and conversations he had for this, and this is consistent with other information coming out of the Beltwegh. I think he's probably pretty close to the accurate number here, right, thirty to forty percent seems believable. Gare, I think you're more or less in the same area there.
Speaker 1: Garrison is thirty Toro Bay.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's yes, that's that's what I meant, James, thank you for the most charitable reading of my sentence there. Now, the thing that I thought was the other thing that I thought was interesting from this article is because he's he's trying to talk about why the media, which he sees as an inherently left wing organization, even though we just talked about all of the carrying water for Jeffrey Epstein while attacking trans people, shit they.
Speaker 2: Did, it's it's it's it's a it's a right wing slash liberal organization.
Speaker 3: I would would, yeah, you have to, you have to get over some of his aspects of phrasing. But he's talking about why. One of some of the reasons why he thinks that the institutions in our society, like Zoomers do not trust them. And this is where I think he's on the money, because I think that the reason why so many gen Z Republicans, like Republican staffers, ares is what he gets at, which is that they're having the same problem as the rest of gen Z. They're just approaching it from a fascist standpoint. But they all are starting from the same point, which is I'm fucked. My generation is fucked. Yeah, there's no jobs, I'm not going to own a house. The climate is screwed. Like they're blaming the Jews for it, but they're they're starting at the same place.
Speaker 2: It's school shooter politics, right, school shooter politics. Yes, some people understand this and they decide to do a school shooting. These guys decide to get jobs in Washington. Yes, but it's the same psychea behind the mechanism.
Speaker 3: Exactly right. And I'm going to read a quote from Drer's article and then we'll move past him to the primary thing I wanted to talk about here, and this is him talking about, you know, why these Zoomers don't trust the system and want to destroy everything the institutions of our society as they see it have lied and light and light and still lie. They still lie in many ways about race, refusing to be honest about black crime. They lie about COVID, They lied about males and females, and they force the insanity of gender ideology on us. All the military light about a rock. The university is in bra just the military, just the military rod. The universities embraced in enforced ideologies of lies. The Catholic Church lie about sexual abuse and the connection to the prevalence of sexually active gay priests. Exactly is that the problem? Honeycomming institution. They light about the benefits of mass migration and diversity. They light about Trump and Russia. They sure didn't. The political parties in their corporate allies light about what global is being for ordinary people. The media have lied, and they do lie about most things. This past weekend, everybody was talking about the new report in Blaze Media alleging that the mysterious January sixth pipe bomber was in fact a former Capitol Police officer, the implications being that the whole event was orchestrated by the deep state to discredit Donald Trump. Maybe mainstream media are busy trying to validate this reporting on their own. If The Blaze has this wrong, they're going to be suited to oblivion, and so will all the other media who amplify a false charge. I can tell you that.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: All I can tell you is that nobody in the MSM are talking about it as I write it, even though it is an explosive story. People were in fact talking about it. Yeah, And in fact, before we could do this episode, The Bulwark, which has a both a website with articles and is a podcast network, came up with an article by Will Sommer, who used to write for The Journalists. Yeah, good journalist. We took a billing hat classicgether. I believe it was the post that he wrote for at the time. He was like one of the leading QAnon experts for years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're student Daddy beastssing for a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Daily Beast is I think where I knew him from. And he wrote a really good article called the Blazes pipe on Bombshell appears to bomb and basically Dreer says here, well if the bit if the Blaze is wrong, we'll be soon do oblivion. And the short answer is yeah, I think yeah, because they absolutely named this lady and the Capitol Police. To make a long story short, if you don't want to read the whole Blaze article, you can read the piece on the bulwark. You can read the sections of it, or you can type the link to the Blaze article into like archive dot org, so you don't give him traffic if you want. It's not good. It's the entire their entire claims that this particular woman, and I am not going to name this woman because I don't think she's the bomber.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 3: People as being a terrorist if you're not sure they were. I will say that she's a woman, and that she's a Capitol Police officer, or at least now a former Capitol Police officer who is kind of insinuated by the Blaze and has been absolutely taken up by the right wing media immediately since to be a Now she got poached by the CIA right and that's taken as like proof that she definitely did this. She's a security guard at the CIA's office. She's not a CIA I'm sorry, guys. She's a rent to cop for the CIA, which is, let's be fair, probably the highest rung of rent to cop. Sure, like you know, you're taking a step up as a rent to cop, but she's not. She's not out there over throwing democracies yet. I don't know. Maybe they fast track you once you're CIA enough. But so the whole claim that the Blaze is staking the reputation on because if you're paying attention to like info wars, well not reputation their financial solvency because info wars currently owes like a billion and a half dollars for wrongly accusing people of having faked mass shootings and the deaths of their own children. So their argument that this lady has to be it is based on they have some old footage of her, like the jogging track, and there's a couple of clips from the drug rep they showed. But they're claiming that this gate analysis that they did between the Capitol bomber and this woman is based on footage of her that they are not publishing publicly. That's good so that you can verify it. But that they say is ninety four percent. And they talk to a Gaate analysis expert and he did a personal Gate analysis and he said it had be more like ninety eight percent. So that means basically it definitely was her because gaate analysis is for sure real and not one of the Every kind of forensic science is a lie, lie.
Speaker 1: It's not even very good for flying shoes convicting. We have fear review data to show that you shouldn't choose your running shoes of gay analysis, let alone fucking.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, there's many articles about how it may not be the future of the shoe in stimula, shouldn't be hinging your publications survival. I'm getting right that somebody was a bomber bag.
Speaker 2: This is this is just the latest attempt by the right to run this whole J six false flag conspiracy, which is picking up a lot of steam. Like a few months ago, the FBI released some information on how many agents they had in the area during January sixth, and this led many many conservative commentators to believe, Oh, look, the FBI had just admitted that it was their agents that actually started the riot and was most of the like rowdy, rambunctious crew members and no, the specific wording on the announcement or statement regarding the presence of agents at J six was after after the insurrection had already started and agents were sent there to keep it under control. That's what it's referring to and cash Hotel released a statement days later clarifying this, but of course that doesn't pick up nearly as much traction as the original claims were. So this whole gain analysis thing is continuing on this, this whole conspiracy theory about how the FBI and the CIA staged all of January sixth to crush Trump and remove him from power, and probably warrants of a future episode just on January sixth conspiracy theory instead of propagated the past few months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we probably, I mean honestly, yes, but okay, to continue with this. So gain analysis was half of what their case lay on. The other half of the case was interviews with a couple of different people, primarily an FBI whistleblower, a former FBI agent who made a claim that like, yeah, we tied the woman this officers neighbor to a vehicle that like picked up the bomber. This is not based on publicly available information. This is based on the statements made by former FBI agent Kyle Saraphim, who is now a right wing media personality. Of course, and we're just trusting that this guy who is former FBI agent trying to rebrand himself as an influencer, is telling us the truth about all of this stuff that they're not presenting us with. This is this is kind of dressed up as ocent, but they're not actually providing you with the information.
Speaker 4: There's no actual open source intelligence.
Speaker 3: You can't work back from there because they're hiding a lot of stuff. Right. There's a couple other things that Somber notes and his article here to make their case against the former Capitol police officer Baker is. The author and co author Joseph H. Hannaman focused on a comparison between the officers Gates, some of which was apparently captured in years old footage of her playing soccer and footage of the pipeop such from the night of January fifth. Instead of using suspect footage released by the FBI, however, the Blaze claims that use footage from another source the article doesn't name. Critically, the Blaze didn't release an actual video comparison or significant details with the Gate analysis. Instead, it draws on the work of a man the Blaze called a video sleuth, a little known X user named Armatas, whose online profile image is a picture from the nineteen ninety eight role playing video game Zeno Gears.
Speaker 4: Hell, yeah, Zeno Gears, great twigs Net video game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, You're not gonna get sued into oblivion for this shit. The Blaze, I'm proud of you. Guys.
Speaker 1: Don't believe the people who published vance Bolt's probably last interview would do this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shocking, shocking stuff. Now, to be again totally fair here, Dreyer does not treat this with any sort of critical thought whatsoever. But actually a bunch of the people critiquing this have been on the right, and I w I partially agree with Drere's I think it's a mistake that the mainstream media has not dedicated more effort to busting this immediately and to pointing out the weaknesses and stuff like Gate analysis immediately out the Gate. So it does kind of sound like ignoring it. I think they're largely I think largely this isn't getting covered because it's so shady and bad and because it's dangerous to spread these kinds of claims about a person.
Speaker 4: Sure, I mean, yeah, it's like it's like The Blaze.
Speaker 3: It's not even Fox News, right, there's already law enforcement station outside this woman's house. Because of the number of threats that you see, right, like, like again, there's she has ample claims for damages here.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So a couple of the people who have come after, one of them is after this article. One of them is Julie Kelly, who's a right wing media figure and is a major force in the January sixth conspiracy theory world. And she is largely attacking the Blaze because she's doing her own investigation into the who did the pipe bombing? Right, So she's she's pointed out some very obvious problems. Why don't you post that other video you have, right, why don't you show the evidence of the gate analysis? Right? So she she's been attacking this, as has Joe Hoff, who's co founder of the Gateway Pundit. Hell yeah, oh god, yeah, yeah, great stuff. So there's people on the right talking shit about this stuff. It's worth noting that when this initially came out, Glenn Beck spent days beforehand hyping it up and talking about how like this is the biggest I think that he literally called it like the biggest conspiracy in American history maybe, which is like Jesus Christ dream smaller.
Speaker 4: Come on, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But within like a day of the article actually coming out, the Blaze added an editor's note is wrong, which is pretty damning. An earlier version of this story said it appeared the bombing suspect interacted with police after publication. A congressional investigator with access to a camera angle that has not been made public reached out and told Blaze News a person similarly attired to the suspected bomber who comes out of the alley and crosses the street towards the two Capitol police vehicles is not the same person as the hoodie clad pipe bom suspect walking down the alley just minutes earlier.
Speaker 5: Amazing wouldn't there gata.
Speaker 4: Analysis have shown that amazing work?
Speaker 3: Wouldn't you have known that if gata analysis.
Speaker 2: Was the was like, you can't rely on gain analysis to identify individuals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's almost like this is all bullshit anyway. I largely did this just because fuck you, Rod Dreer. I like, we covered this stupid ass story. Will Sommer covered this stupid ass story and we made fun of it. Thank you, Will, Thank you the Bulwark. This is what I've got. I've done.
Speaker 2: That Dreer piece is also crazy and just in surreal, surreal because of how much of it is like talking about how we as in the right, needs to like re recalibrate, how we discuss the reality of like complete Jewish control over our media, and how it's fine actually because a whole bunch of various like ethnicities excel in various skills and that's not weird. So it's not weird that Jews control all the media. We shouldn't be worried about this. And how much of that piece skills like it could have been written in like the nineteen twenties. Yes, it's a crazy time, capsules, Yep. Anyway, that's my opinions on the tree or substack piece anti semitism, for anti semitism, it's a great time. I mean sure, I mean you could have a I would have a slightly more complicated analysis of the piece than just anti semitism, because True approaches that issue really oddly.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's anti Semitic.
Speaker 1: Frankly, I don't think he thinks he's anti semitic.
Speaker 5: I don't think he thinks he is. Yeah, but it's like I think that there's a difference between what he believes about himself of what he's trying to do and what he is doing.
Speaker 2: And yeah, sure, I mean I mean even even in the way that the article is written, and like a lot lot of it is. Yeah, I mean attacking a certain type of anti Semitism on the right.
Speaker 3: Well, you guys know what Rod Dreyer would hate. Other than an editor.
Speaker 4: I think he would actually love some acts.
Speaker 1: God, all right, we are back and we're going to do some very brief immigration stuff and then we will play the song you've all been waiting for and be able to talk to you. The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops based based basically thank you, gare issue a statement this week. It's about the strongest condemnation you're going to see from this entity of anything in a political realm. Right.
Speaker 4: HOPEFULLYO has not been solved on this issue.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, he is. And like we saw it, like with Bishop farm in San Diego, right, like who himself arrived as in what they call an unaccompanied minor, right, a child refugee. I'm going to read from the statement quote, we are disturbed when we see among our people a climate of fear and anxiety around questions of profiling and immigration enforcement. We are saddened by the state of contemporary debate and the verification of migrants. We are concerned about the conditions and detention centers and the lack of access to pastor or care. We lament that some immigrant in the United States barbitrarily lost their legal status. We are troubled by threats against the sanctity of houses of worship and a special nature of hospitals and schools. We are grieved when we need parents who fear being detained when taking their children to school, when we try to console family members who have already been separated from their loved ones.
Speaker 2: This isn't a usual based based, based, based, based based.
Speaker 1: Garrison has got a got a crucifix. I guess they haven't done this for like twelve years. Right last time they did it about contraception. I'm not saying a Catholic church is an organization that I agree with all the time. It's not. It's one that I disagree with most of the time. But I still think this is important, right, Like, this is an organization which has millions of followers in the United States, many many Catholics around the world, a lot of Catholics. Yeah, this is an organization which therefore we should pay attention to right. Uh, and I think it is telling that, yeah, the work Pope has not stop with this and that it seems like the fast madiority of bishops in the United States are on his side.
Speaker 4: No, it's it is.
Speaker 2: It is pretty funny we have like a never Trumper, nominally conservative, woke pope and the fact that he will not black down on this issue and has has actually has a number of statements on this the past the past few weeks and not.
Speaker 4: Softly worded statements either.
Speaker 3: Catholic priests have also been reasonably good on this issue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's important, especially because of how much these like weird like fascist friendly trads are using Catholicism as like a fashion statement.
Speaker 4: And Jdvans included.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna say our vice president have.
Speaker 2: The actual church be like frity freaked out by that.
Speaker 4: I think is good.
Speaker 2: It'd be worse if they were leaning into it, which certainly some cardinals like want when they were doing their selection.
Speaker 1: Well, if you look at the votes in this issue, right, like two hundred and sixteen votes in favor of five against the three ebstentions, so among bishops, which is think from cardinals, Like this is this is almost universal, right, and yet given that our vice president has made being an adult convert to Catholicism a large part of his personality embarrassing. Yeah, this is like, it is remarkable. It's worth paying attention to. Also, I think when I talk to migrants specifically, like when I was in the Darien Gap talking to migrants, their faith is massively important to so many of them, and a lot of people, especially coming from south of Central America, will be Catholic, right, and that is what propels them through, and so for them to feel that the Church has not abandoned them, it is important to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The thing when I speak to people now who are here, the thing that they want more than anything is a priest to come to their hearing, to their meeting with them, Like that is what makes them feel safe. And so I am happy that the church is continuing to try and make them.
Speaker 3: Feel safe, because what else are you going to do? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we're trying everything else and it's not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I defer to what will make the person being victimized feel better and basically all instances, and if it's half like a priest along, then I'm glad the priest is there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I am happy that this is something that can make them feel safer.
Speaker 4: Because critical support to the Catholic church.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, very critical.
Speaker 5: Well, emphasis on the critical part, I think. I think the other thing is worth noting that this same conference also voted to have an official ban on any gender affirming Catholic hospitals, which is like one in seven of all people in the US get their care at Catholic hospitals because there's a million of them, so critical, Yeah, like lots of they're not Yeah, look there they are.
Speaker 4: No Protestants.
Speaker 2: Okay, it does feel bad to have so much Catholic praise on the show, but you know, I will swallow my Protestant prize here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm neither a Catholic nor Protestant, but I'm glad this is happening. You're British, yes, so you not raddled the two. Do we do Catholicism without popes?
Speaker 2: I think we should have popes without See that's interesting, Robert, that's an interesting idea.
Speaker 3: That's Discordianism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, well yeah, that's kind of the least interesting version. A real kind of non Catholic like clerical class. Anyway, I'm gonna put this down in my.
Speaker 3: Sci fi novel folder.
Speaker 4: You know, stock is a forum of you.
Speaker 1: Know, Adam just just just gradually reduced the volume we're going to get. We're back to immigration. We did learn this week that the Department of Home ad Security secretly and illegally kept domestic data on nine hundred Chicago Land residents under Biden, just in case anyone was wondering what they were doing before people started paying attention to them. They also quote irrevocably destroyed video for me inside a broad view, which is an ice tendin facility in Chicago Land.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course did.
Speaker 1: I'm not shocked by that, I will say, like I would have been shocked if that had happened under a previous administration. Put it that way, like, it's not massively out of character for them to be incompetent at soaring and this kind of thing. And Ken Paxton has attempted to sue Harris County, a place in Texas, for donating not to nonprofits to provide a legal aid to migrants. He has some justification to this, which is theater careers. But I'm just going to name a few of the ngngos, here Gals and Houston Immigrant Representation Project, Kids in Needed Defense, Justice for All Immigrants, but Asis and Baker Ripley, Yeah, this does I think show part of the strategy which we saw and we have seen since twenty eighteen. Right, Like you'll remember that lets of Angelo volunteers and twenty eighteen were placed on a watch list, as were many journalists for crossing to cover the migrant caravan. But this I did that The n g os are quote aiding and am betting is a phrase you always see, right like that that that somehow people would come here if it wasn't for NGOs. Often this takes on a specific form of blaming one n g O, which is highest or he Us Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society.
Speaker 3: Right and well if you're one, guess as to why they blame that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like repeat guest of the show Anti Semitism coming back again, which resulted directly in the in the Tree of Life shooting, right, Like this is that same intellectual family of thought. I guess that is what I will say as ludicrous. People come here because their lives are not Liverpool where they're at. That's what I got. Play the song.
Speaker 6: Jazz jazz.
Speaker 5: All right, so there is actually a surprising amount of tariff news. All right, the tariff freebate checks. Are we getting tariff freebate checks? I think probably not? So what is this? Trump started talking about this on November eighth on True Social per QSA. Today he truthed, I refuse to call it truth. I am recommending to Senate Republicans that the hundreds of billions of dollars is the hundreds of billions are capitalized for reasons that are baffling, currently being sent to money sucking insurance companies in order to save the bad healthcare provided by Obamacare be directly sent to the people so that they can purchase their own healthcare, their own much better health care. And so originally this was going to be like a two thousand dollars thing to your health savings account from tariff proceeds or something. And then the second time he stopped talking about the health savings account stuff, and he was just saying a two thousand dollars check the USA today. The piece notes that the Secretary of the Treasury, Scott Bessett, said and ABC News on November ninth, which was Sunday, that Trump's proposed tariff dividend quote could come in a lot of forms, adding it could just be the tax decreases that we are seeing on the president's agenda. No tax on tips, no tax in overtime, no taxes, social security, deductibility of auto loans. He said, So those are substantial deductions that are being financed to the tax bill. So he apparently like hadn't heard any of this is what it seems like. And then a few days later this was this was yesterday. On Wednesday the twelfth, Caroline Levitt, who's the ghoulish press secretary, said that Trump is quote committed to the payments, So who knows.
Speaker 2: You can't call her goulish just because she's a twenty seven year a woman who looks like that, and ya, that's not cool.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know what, We're not gonna working, We're not gonna do this. But she she she is ghoulish, not because she looks like she's forty and she's like a ghoul, but like no, but like she also acts like a ghoul constantly, which is the actual thing that she is ghoulish for.
Speaker 2: Right, every press secretary I've ever seen has made me so mad, like the job of a press secretary is infuriating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, remember thesak bonds.
Speaker 4: Well, also like they've never been good.
Speaker 5: They also did used to be more normal than this, Like they didn't used to be this unhinted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Biden didn't bring him back. I feel like like like the first Trump had been moved to a mini a certain way.
Speaker 5: Too. It's just awful, terrible stuff. Didn't used to be like this. One are the few things I'll ever say that anyway. As you were saying, yeah, so so, she said that Trump is committed to the payments. I again, I don't think we're gonna see this probably not definitely, don't plan on having an x two thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: I think he's I think he's committed to the payments as much as he is his like first or second wife.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which is not much so. The second, the second incredibly important piece of tariff news is the pasta tariffs. The Department of Commerce seven percent pasta tariffs on imported Italian pasta garrison.
Speaker 3: It's fine, the first tariff. It's still available. You can still get your mac you know.
Speaker 5: As as as the Guardian points out, most pasta in the US is made in the US, so it's not really affected by.
Speaker 4: Those hold on, hold on, let me let me allow me to finish the sentence.
Speaker 5: Garrison, I will address.
Speaker 1: Hu.
Speaker 5: So it's it's mostly just gluten. It's mostly gluten free pasta. And also like imported fancy pasta, which is like nice little pasta.
Speaker 4: Well fancy is a bit of Okay, it's like two dollars more.
Speaker 1: Okay, attack some pretension, you know, and so.
Speaker 5: This but this sucks for people who like pasta, that's good. And also for people who are loot to gluten or who just are trying to reduce the amount of and they're eating for diabetic reasons, et cetera, et cetera. That all really sucks. In that same piece, Yeah, that same Guardian piece, the unbelievably named Scott Ketchum, who is the founder of like an artismal.
Speaker 3: Ketcham is a real last name. That's why the Pokemon game.
Speaker 1: Is ida Scott.
Speaker 4: I don't understand why Ketchum is funny? Why Ketchum funny?
Speaker 3: Did you not play the Pokemon to.
Speaker 5: No? Also, also it's so close to being ketchup and I think about okay, think about Italian pasta.
Speaker 2: Whatever, Okay, you put ketchup on Italian pasta?
Speaker 4: Interesting, No, but you do you know who does do this? Chinese hotels.
Speaker 5: In two thousand and nine, the thing I discovered when they, for some reason fed us tried to feed us American food instead of feeding us Chinese food, and dear god, awful zero attest.
Speaker 3: My favorite thing in any foreign country is when they're like, I know what you want. You came to Grease to eat it, TGI Fridays, didn't you?
Speaker 2: Burger is all over Berlin. Burger's not America, and it is now.
Speaker 1: I feel like he'd be disappointed to Garson if you knew how many people in continental Europe or eating pasta and catch up on a daily basis brown sugar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Europeans are. Europeans are obviously sick.
Speaker 1: You've been to Belgium.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's wrong, I have Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, locking locking back in, locking back in on the past. Anarchist cafe was closed two pm. Those lazy words. God, look a look at the conditions that happened to with every and I mentioned inflation. Out came the inflation joke. Kerry Talmer's trying to finish it as what pasta God okay, finishing this. Scott Ketchum agrees that the manufacturers will quote take advantage of the news and slightly raise their prices. That's just business, he said, So this actually probably will increase pasta prices across the board because they'll uses as justification for raising prices.
Speaker 1: Canonically, how old is Ashketcher. I'm trying to work out of this is a sibling, since.
Speaker 5: It's like he's been like thirteen for no, but he's been thirteen for these entirely, Like.
Speaker 1: So we can think siblings more than parents.
Speaker 4: Fstein's dream.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm okay. Ash Kitchen's brother put it in the law.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, okay, okay, two more things. Two more things they got to get there, I threw out to god, okay, one fifty year mortgage. Trump has become obsessed with the idea of fifty year mortgage is just an idea, so unhinged I have any Republicans talk about positively. The mortgage industry is like, don't do this. This is a bad idea. I'm not going to read the full paragraph I had here from CNN, but you know, CNN did a very basic calculation of instead of a thirty year fixed mortgage, a fifty year fixed mortgage. So the basically their calculation on like a four hundred and fifty thousand dollars house was that you would save about three hundred dollars a monthechnically, but over the course of the loan, instead of spending about five hundred and fifty thousand dollars in interest, you would spend a million dollars in interest.
Speaker 1: And that's pools. Yeah, rue, that's how we save money by give me half a million dollars to the bank.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, you're not even talking about the fifteen neur auto loans. Yeah. Everyone who buys a Kiya can trust that it will keep working for fifteen years.
Speaker 1: He's going to say he's driving.
Speaker 5: How worn't lasting fifty years? They're made like cardboard, right, Like they're just more than twice the value of the house in interest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make America affordable again? Yeah, okay, unbelievable.
Speaker 5: And then finally I want to close with what is actually going on with the jobs and inflation numbers for October, because I think people are getting a lot of very bad information about this. I mean, and it's not their fault. It's again because.
Speaker 2: The Democrat shutdown made it impossible to get any reliable data, so now we can never have data ever again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so okay, okay, so let's let's let's let let's go into like what is it? What is actually going on here? So on Wednesday, Caroline Levitt said that we might not ever get October the October jobs and inflation data. Oops.
Speaker 4: So however, Comma, I'm sure this number is would have been five Comma.
Speaker 1: Let's fair it hallowed bump would have been huge Comma.
Speaker 5: On Thursday, National Economic Council Director Kevin Hassett, who by the way, is the guy whose whole thing is that he wants to he wants to impose taxes on holding US bonds the worst, said maybe the only idea I've ever seen fifty year mortgage. Astonishingly bad ideas. But he said on Fox News this is today as day of recording, said on Fox News that we're going to get some of the data, but the data we're supposed to get is very weird. Now, so this is the September data we're supposed to get next week because that was already recorded before the before they got mentioned, right, Yeah, and there is legitimately even in a sort of not if a normal Bureau of Labors toatistics was trying to get these statistics out, it would be a little difficult for them. However, come we're only getting the jobs added numbers and not the job lost numbers.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, wow, good brides.
Speaker 1: What a great strategy.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm sure that I'm sure that number is fine. I'm sure it's not negative seventy thousand jobs or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Right, And you know, and apparently that's because the survey, the collected information never went out and I I mean, it probably didn't because of the shutdown, but also like you could, you could work this out. They're just not doing yet. We talked a few months ago about Trump's attempt to take over the Buera of Labor statistics, which with his attempt to install the hideously incompetent Heritage Foundation economists and I use that term very loosely here EJ and TONI. And Trump was actually forced to like pull back on installing this guy who's ahead of a buer of labor satistics. So it's being run by the interim head and has been for a long time now, but it seems like a there's conflicting information going out and be it does seem like Trump has been able to get a decent amount of control over the beer of Libortistics, which is supposed to be a nonpartisan body that just releases the data because everyone in the entire coples economy reclied relies on it. And it is possible that this is that we have already gotten our last unbrigged like peer labor statistics reports. I mean, I can't confirm that they're straight up breaking it. And it's also possible that oh, well, this wasn't the product of that, and we are going to get some of the data like we are supposed to get inflation numbers, but it's not good. Oops.
Speaker 2: Well to end on some good news, I guess. On Monday, this Supreme Court rejected a call to overturn or here it's previous ruling on legalizing same sex marriage nation wide.
Speaker 4: So this is where this is where they're this is where they're drawing the line right now?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 2: I think I think I did predict this a few months ago, and then which people we got a little bit mad at me for saying that I didn't think they were going to pick this one up.
Speaker 4: Another w in the gear column.
Speaker 2: But I think it is fairly interesting that this is this is the point in which they're like, nah, nah, it's not worth it. Like this this is more settled to them than even the abortion thing was. I think I think some of the general like economic issues, shows that there's not a real desire for pushing on this right now based on you know, gestures broadly at other economy stuff and some of the some of the some of the anti woke fuel maybe maybe running out as the as the economic situation becomes more and more dire dire, right Like, how much longer can the Republicans just scream about trans people as they're ruining the economy? Do you think it's going to still work for them in twenty twenty six? Maybe not. They might be scared that they've put all of their eggs in this whole anti woke culture basket and now that they're in charge in the country's still getting worse. They're like, well, I wonder if we can replay that card or not.
Speaker 5: As a final economy note, I want to note that SoftBank sold all of their shares in in video Share.
Speaker 4: Don't worry about it. It's part of regular stalk rotation. It's fine.
Speaker 5: These are the biggest rubes who have ever resisted, have come rid of all of.
Speaker 3: Ships.
Speaker 5: These are these are the we work guys told.
Speaker 3: The bag for we work, Yes, which I mean does that mean that they're they're getting out too early of ay I or does it mean that, uh, they're hesitant their gun shy enough that they got out just in time. We'll see you can say.
Speaker 5: We reported the news scarce. I'm stealing your line this week.
Speaker 3: Why we all stole that line from a terrible man.
Speaker 2: You haven't seen the Newsroom that's stolen valor. Ye, great show. I would love a new season of the Newsroom where he works for some like bullshit like internet news company. He's he's like a substacker and he has like a home studio.
Speaker 1: Oh top ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah God, I would love that he's super big in it.
Speaker 3: But they don't ever make a direct point of it.
Speaker 6: It just becomes like subtly caught obvious that like, oh wow, this this is a guy who's bought into some weird conspiracy theories. Sure I was thinking because I mentioned it came out the same year as True Detective. I would like a new season of the news Room that's a crossover with the first season of True Detective, or where we get we get Woody Harrelson and we get that British lady all all in the same room together.
Speaker 3: It'll be great.
Speaker 2: They would be a nasty combo. Imagine how which funked up ship they could get up.
Speaker 3: To be awful? It would be awful. Hell yeah, well we're not even on the air anymore.
Speaker 4: Oh no, we're still in the air.
Speaker 3: Well I stopped recording.
Speaker 4: We reported the news.
Speaker 1: Weeds.
Speaker 7: It Could Happen Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website folzonmedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can now find sources for It Could Happen here, listed directly in episode descriptions. Thanks for listening.