Speaker 1: Ten Takes is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio, Good Mom, Mom.
Speaker 2: One of the hottest memes right now that I keep seeing is that man stands up in a small town meeting and says something brave. Peter sent it to me recently. I won't say what it was about, but Peter sent it to me recently with the take. But I saw one of these yesterday. It was the guy standing up and it was Joe Burrow is the best player in the league. Like, that's our bold take, and we're in a Josh Allen world and that's fine. But I don't really remember a season quite exactly like this where the player is so good and certainly the receiver is so good, and yet the record is still coming off a win, coming off two wins in a row, it's still so bad. So we started it to begin the segment. Let's just talk about it now. Bengals, they have the chance, they're alive. I think we did the Gone Fishing mock up like a few weeks ago.
Speaker 3: I'm like, they're done, they're done.
Speaker 2: They're a sub five hundred team, and yet bring up the AFC playoff.
Speaker 3: Standings like gay question yeah, look at them. Did the boat turn around? All right?
Speaker 2: The Dolphins had a terrible loss yesterday. It's really really bad. So did Indianapolis. And then in order to avoid going fishing, you have to have a team that.
Speaker 3: Comes back down to earth.
Speaker 2: Now, Peter just basically lambasted the Chargers to say that they're fake tough guys will never beat anybody. We don't have the exact scenario yet, but all we have right this time of year is you want to see.
Speaker 3: The Bengals remaining schedule, just give it to I don't love it.
Speaker 2: It's versus Cleveland at home five win, versus Denver.
Speaker 3: At home to new win. And then who do they finish with at.
Speaker 2: Pittsburgh who might be resting, and there's divisional games you never know, like they just can go anyway, So that would be the miracle upon miracles.
Speaker 3: I don't have the percentage in front of me.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that when they were four and eight it was point zero zero three percent repeating.
Speaker 3: But the Bengals somehow won.
Speaker 2: And if they don't, Joe Burrow I think it's like I think he's the runner up for MVP behind Alan. It's just that weird and that bizarre, but it's really fun and now I'm.
Speaker 3: Kind of rooting for it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was wondering if Cincinnati came down hard on you, Kyle after that graphic with the gone fish in a couple of weeks back, or is that boat just lingering out in the sound like waiting for the fall gourd side here it is. Apparently we have it graphically. We just have it at the ready.
Speaker 3: This is David.
Speaker 4: You guys, we should have put a date on this. You did this, Kyle, speak to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Peter Jamie.
Speaker 2: It was week thirteen, after they come off the by and they lose to Pittsburgh. They give up forty four points, they go to four and eight, and I'm like, we.
Speaker 3: Gotta let these guys go.
Speaker 2: At the time, they had the passing leader, the receiving leader, the sack leader, and they could never win a game.
Speaker 3: They beat the Cowboys, they beat the Titans. We'll see.
Speaker 2: I gotta say for the Lions fans out there, who are probably a little shell shocked and a little nauseous, they have a ridiculous amount of injuries on their defense. I was going to show you a list of it. We can't even fit them all on the screen at the same point, it's getting worse. This Aaron Glenn defensive that had so much swagger and so much dominance is really, really, really hurting. But I would say the biggest compliment and the biggest tribute we can give Josh Allen is none of the stats and none of the historical perspective. It is the fact that Dan Campbell looked from across the sideline yesterday and said, on side kick it, yep, on side kick, talk about it.
Speaker 3: Down tent with twelve minutes left to go, a really ludicrous decision.
Speaker 2: Understand, down ten twelve minutes to go, you go with an on site kick. Now this happens with mac collogy makes a great play. But Romo was saying this on the broadcast. You guys understand, it's a seven percent chance.
Speaker 3: You get it seven and it has to be announced. Can't even surprise them, there's no surprise factor. You have to let them know you're doing it.
Speaker 2: So Dan Campbell looked up and said, I'll take the seven percent chance as a better outcome than trying to stop the Josh Allen offense right now, which.
Speaker 3: Is crazy crazy.
Speaker 2: And by the way, it was a beautiful on side kick from Jake Pate. You don't get a better third bounce than that, and they still need to come close to getting it, and then you go a look bit later the Lions again had a chance down ten and the fourth order and didn't do it. It was so strange, and that to me is a quarterback and an offense with the Bills.
Speaker 3: That is in the other teams coaches heads.
Speaker 2: They're like, we have to try something that literally doesn't make any sense at all and then not try it again. We're chasing ourselves. We're trying to stop Jordan. We're trying to keep him under thirty. You're not going to keep him under thirty. The crazy thing is in Peter brought this up. You go back to August the story, the number one through number five stories for the Buffalo Bills. This is a rebuilding year that's out there. Josh Allen's the most overrated player in the NFL that's out there. They got nothing in the huddle. Gabe Davis is gone, Steph Diggs has gone. Understand this, this is not only the best offense in the league right now. It is not only the best offense Josh Allen has ever had. It is one of the best offenses in NFL history. The list of teams to go eight straight games with thirty plus the Warner Rams, the Peyton Broncos, the Prime Brady Pats, and the Allen Bills. They're in a historically good team. They have not allowed a sack in four straight games. He just had the most passing yards outside the pocket in three years. Josh Allen and the first quarterback ever in fantasy football to go back to back.
Speaker 3: Forty point games. It's history.
Speaker 2: It's not only breaking records and running up the win total, it's making good coaches on the other side do idiotic, inexplicable things that even veteran broadcasters are tongue tied being what they're they're on site kicking it. That's the level of this team. And the crazy part is, we'll put a button on this. Eight plus games with thirty plus points. The Kansas City Chiefs all season have zero games with over thirty points.
Speaker 3: Can we get to this game in January? Can we do it? Can we get Mahomes.
Speaker 2: Healthy, Let's get them rested, and let's do it because this Bills team is insane.
Speaker 3: Seattle's in a strange spot right now. But I think.
Speaker 2: I'm ready to say I think Tampa is hosting a playoff game.
Speaker 3: Guys, we're here.
Speaker 2: Tampa Bay has not lost a game in six weeks. And during this winning streak they get picked a part because they beat the Giants and the Panthers and the Raiders. Well, they just absolutely destroyed the Chargers. This was a terrible, one sided football game. Tampa had one hundred yard receiver, one hundred yard rusher Baker through for four touchdowns.
Speaker 3: The game was never close. They crushed them.
Speaker 2: The remaining schedule, I won't even bore you with that. There's nobody who scares you whatsoever.
Speaker 3: I think they're going to have a home playoff game.
Speaker 2: And since all of America cares so much about Mike evans thousand yard streak, including myself, three games.
Speaker 3: Left and he's eighty.
Speaker 2: Five yards a game to do it in the most improbable fashion after a major injury and miss timed.
Speaker 3: I don't listen, Peter. I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Don't want to see the Rams. I don't want to see the Bucks either. They're that team that is hot at the right time. They have the quarterback who's been there, they have the coach's been there, the Bucks, I believe are going to win the South unless the Falcons do something miraculous. There's nobody else's gonna win that thing. After they bottomed out mid season. The Bucks have not lost in six weeks, and I think they're going to host the playoff game. It's really cool. I think it might be on a Saturday. I'm already getting my uber ET's order. It's gonna be pad tie this year, and.
Speaker 3: I love it. I had this whole take coming about.
Speaker 2: You know, Saquon was out for the second quarter and didn't put up many numbers and it's like the Eagles can still win and everything.
Speaker 3: But give me the Sirianni footage again. Let's get into this. I want to do.
Speaker 2: Sorry Billy Siriani on this all right.
Speaker 3: What we have here is an assistant.
Speaker 2: Coach acting like a bodyguard against the head coach who has an actual bodyguard trying to intervene in a white hat.
Speaker 3: You just don't see it much.
Speaker 2: And it's like someone's gonna get hurt here, and the coach's name is literally hurt. There's all kinds of fun here. I just don't remember ever. So what happened is Jalen Carter gets a personal foul.
Speaker 3: All right, don't head it? Play yeah, red DUMPELP. Sirianni wanted to get into it.
Speaker 2: A head coach has the right to walk over.
Speaker 3: It's like I got it, bron I got it, and my no, no, no, I've already handled it yet. But I'm the head coach, but I handle it.
Speaker 2: Get out of my way, coach, I run or do you run this thing? Listen, here's my headline on all this, and this is what should go over this image.
Speaker 3: They've won ten in a row.
Speaker 2: No Eagles team ever has won more games in a row. And it's like last week we kept trying to say, with all this aj stuff, they haven't dropped three out of five.
Speaker 3: It's nine in a row last week. Now it's ten in a row.
Speaker 2: So maybe that's just where we are with this Eagles team and this Eagles staff.
Speaker 3: They're just like a marriage that just likes to fight.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm being told by a lot of folks, and my Philly friends mentioned that of course you showed up and show the hug. Sirianni and Carter hugg dude, like you got to show the hug to give full context.
Speaker 3: So they hugged and they look in it.
Speaker 2: But it's kind of the point like that some couples just like to fight, like you know what comes after the fight, you know what comes after. I mean, let's just say you come back together and you make up. And they do this by winning by two touchdowns over a great Steelers team. So I don't mind the fighting as long as like.
Speaker 3: That's it's and that's them they're doing.
Speaker 2: This is what they are. I'm just they're the makeup sex teams. Just say it's Eastern. I'm on the least network ippogize, but you all know what I'm talking about. Let me get it out. That's what this team is. And it's like you live and die by it. The makeup giveth and it taketh away. But when it giveth, whoo, it's gonna give all the.
Speaker 3: Way to New Orleans. And that's right man. Man.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to see Penical and everybody is. And we'll talk a lot of Pennics moving forward. I want to talk some cousins first because I think it's I think it's easy to say, oh, they should have moved, they should have pulled them out after two losses.
Speaker 3: Do it during the bye week.
Speaker 2: You have to remember how much equity Cousins has not with the Falcons in the league. This is a veteran who's put up a lot of statistical production. And never mind in the past. I want to take you back to Week nine of this season. It's Falcons Cowboys, and Cousins was excellent.
Speaker 3: In this game. This is week nine.
Speaker 2: They beat the Cowboys and the real Cowboys, the Dak Cowboys, to get to six and three. He was actually through three touchdowns, He had no interceptions.
Speaker 3: After the game, every single.
Speaker 2: Falcon is raving about Cousins. Wide receiver Ray Ray McLeod says, knowledge, poise, he never lets us get complacent.
Speaker 3: It's such a blessing to have him out there.
Speaker 2: After this game, this is week nine of this year, Kirk Cousins says, we just got to do it week to week and see where we are in February. In February, he was talking about the Super Bowl and nobody was thinking it was hilarious. It was all cooking and then something completely fell apart.
Speaker 3: I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: I have suspicions about his health, whether it be the Achilles, whether it be hits that he took, because after that Apex of Week nine, six and three team they're going to cruise.
Speaker 3: To the NFC South title. Tampa has nothing going on.
Speaker 2: It was a month of losing, including some of, if not the worst football Kirk Cousins has ever played in his career. Let's not pretend that we don't know how this guy plays, what he's into, what he puts. Sub Statistically, we got a decade of Kirk Cousins. Something either really really hindered him physically where he couldn't move, or he wasn't mobile at all anymore, something psychological happened. This kind of quarterback doesn't just completely fall off the table.
Speaker 3: He did. It's the right move. I can't sit here and.
Speaker 2: Say, how do you not bench Kirk Cousins after two weeks and bad losses? Because he's Kirk Cousins. You know what you're getting is going to pull out of it. You pay her ninety million dollars. I can't scream at the Falcons to put in a rookie one Cousins.
Speaker 3: This is a guy we.
Speaker 2: Knew, and it is a great mystery, and I think we need a little more clarity moving forward of how the hell he went from so good to absolutely terrible.
Speaker 3: Overnight. I'm with you, guys.
Speaker 2: I think they should play Carson Wentz. I think they will play Carson Wentz. And this is fascinating because this is not some run of the mill backup quarterback who comes in and you sort of vaguely remember him everybody you meet us. We have a deep history with Carson Wentz. It's a long, long story to get here. And now he's sitting in a position where, in a roundabout way, Carson Wentz could determine who plays in the Super Bowl. That's this big of a role right now that he's in. So why don't we just get up to speed a little bit.
Speaker 3: Let's go back on a.
Speaker 2: Quick journey and remember how we got here, Who Carson Wentz is, who he isn't you know how this went number two overall pick to the Eagles.
Speaker 3: The Rams took Jared Goff. Carson Wentz would end up playing for the Rams. I'll get there shortly. It happened, but you know the deal.
Speaker 2: MVP front runner incredible, he was probably the biggest story in the league. Blows out his knee in the LA Coliseum. The team goes on to win the Super Bowl with the backup he has a faith based food truck that Mike Garrafolo covered extensively, called that Kingdom Crumb, but an incredible player who at one point felt like he was the future of the NFL. Eventually they draft Jalen Hurts and Carson Wentz is gone.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty one, he.
Speaker 2: Goes to the Indianapolis Colts and he was very good twenty seven touchdown, seven picks, but the Colts were nine to six and they lost their last two games to the Raiders and a two and fourteen Jaguars team to miss the playoffs.
Speaker 3: He was traded for a mid round pick swap.
Speaker 2: Side note, the defensive coordinator of that Colts team was hired by the Bears to become their head coach. Next, he goes to Washington, an old Eagles rival.
Speaker 3: I remember he showed up to the.
Speaker 2: Press conference in a Garris suits that he heard a lot about, which is still now his Wikipedia profile pick, which I don't think is fair. Played pretty well each of his first two starts.
Speaker 3: He had three hundred yards and three touchdowns.
Speaker 2: I don't remember that he broke his ring finger on his throwing hand. In week six, went on Ir Taylor. Heineke took over and Wentz never got the joback, he was released.
Speaker 3: Then we get this iconic photo. You remember this one. This is when Wentz is like, what is going on with my career?
Speaker 2: We got an Eagles helmets, the Washington Jersey Colt shorts and that could be it the triumvirit not even close twenty three, in the middle of the season, signs with the Rams.
Speaker 3: This is last year he played for the Rams. This is the best part. Week eighteen. He plays for the Rams.
Speaker 2: It's the Carson Wentz Rams versus the Sam Darnold Niners. How weird is though Wentz again played pretty well, got to comeback win in the end with a two point conversion to two to two at well, and it's like, oh, maybe he'll stay in the Rams.
Speaker 3: Didn't stay on the Rams, was released.
Speaker 2: Finally, back in April, Carson Wentz on stop number five, is signed by the world champion Chiefs to.
Speaker 3: Back up Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 2: It happened not midseason, not in training camp, way back in the offseason.
Speaker 3: This is last week.
Speaker 2: Mahomes gets hurts, Wentz comes in, plays pretty well.
Speaker 3: Fine.
Speaker 2: Now we're at the point where I think he's going to start a game with the one.
Speaker 3: Seed in the AFC on the line. This is a quarterback with.
Speaker 2: Over twenty three thousand yards with over one hundred and fifty touchdowns. He is far more pedigreed and successful than any backup in the Patrick Mahomes era. He is one of the most trusted experience backups in all of the NFL. I don't know if he's gonna put up huge stats this week. You know who else doesn't put up huge stats? Patrick Mahomes. This is a different Chiefs team. Come in, run defense, throw here, throw here.
Speaker 3: Win. I think if he wins this game, he looks good.
Speaker 2: You get a luxury, if you know, maybe we run Carson back again on Christmas and let Patrick rest up.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, out of nowhere. We woke up a few days.
Speaker 2: Ago and Carson Wentz is one of the most pivotal players in the entire NFL, and we got a deep history.
Speaker 3: I took my young son to the mall.
Speaker 2: We went to the shopping mall, actually an actual shopping mall.
Speaker 3: I got him an Anian's pretzel.
Speaker 2: We hit the food court. And here's my answer, because I made a purchase for my wife. You take your kid to the mall, you buy something for your wife. But they couldn't. They didn't have it there. They had to ship it to me. The shipping industry right now around gift giving time. God bless you people and your real heroes, and you're working your butts off.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: But I sit here and I buy this gift and I'm really putting myself out there, and I found it and they're like, we can ship it to you.
Speaker 3: I'm like, great, when will it arrive? And they're like, it will arrive on December twenty four. Real risk.
Speaker 2: It's really white knuckling it and it's like, can you guarantee?
Speaker 3: Unfortunately we don't guarantee.
Speaker 2: And then sometimes you buy something, you get these windows sometime between the twenty third and the twenty fifth. It drives me crazy. I've already have too much stress in my life. I waited too long to buy the gifts. And you know what the worst part was when I said, you know what, I'll roll the dice on the twenty fourth, Let's screw it, I'll live wild. They say, now it is signature required. What am I gonna do about that? Then you're gonna show up. He and my wife's gonna be there's just gonna see what it is, or be no one's gonna be there. We're gonna put that stupid cocamade me little note on the door that says we approved to leave it. But then they're like, no, they're not allowed. And then you know what they do if they don't, if you're not there when they bring it, they bring it to the depot, like the UPS depot.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been to one of those hells on Earth?
Speaker 2: You show up and it makes the DMV look like Disneyland.
Speaker 3: You show up and.
Speaker 2: Here's my little slip, and they're like, no, this isn't right.
Speaker 3: Where's the other?
Speaker 2: I don't have the other slip. I get this somewhere back there. My entire Merry Christmas, and really probably my marriage is waiting back in some cargo hold and I can't get to it. I am so stressed by the shipping and there this day is great people. I love Amazon and UPS and all of you guys. You just made me sit at the door, white knuckling it for weeks, and I don't know if they're getting the gift on Times.
Speaker 1: Ten Takes is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio for more iHeartRadio pods. Go to the iHeartRadio app, go to Apple, go anywhere you like, it'll be there.