Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's see what's happening out there in the world with stocks are moving higher. Let's take a look at some of the movers here today. We can do that with Bloomberg's Christina. You know, Christine, what are you looking at it?
Speaker 1: Let's go look at AMD. Paul big news today of course, given that Meta deal, and of course that is doing well for its shares ticker AMD. Those are up now more than seven percent, extending the opening gaze that we've already seen. And so the deal is this Meta will buy AMDI chips and computers designed to run their artificial intelligence models over a five year stretch beginning in the second half of twenty twenty six. There's also a share purchase component of this deal, and the series of transactions, according to AMDI CEO Lisa Sue, will be worth double digit billions of dollars. So that's gonna be a big deal for AMD, being reflected in their shares now. You know, if there were any concerns over circular funding here that is not evident, because it seems like Mark is really just want a little bit of a break from the tech downer narrative that we've been dealing with the last couple of weeks. And so and again for Meta, you know, this is part of their push to aggressively frontload computing capacity per ceo Mark Zuckerberg, and I guess the circular funding story is no longer so concentrated to justin Vidia.
Speaker 3: Now it's expanded exactly. Here's the thing I don't get. I mean, in this US economy, in this US stock market, company A does not buy a stake in company B. They just make investments in each other. I mean, they don't take equity stakes. And but we see that in Asia, we see that in lots of other economies, but not here. But that's changing.
Speaker 2: Does that become MESSI or you think I.
Speaker 3: Don't I don't like it. There's a reason we don't do it here. You don't buy stakes in your competitors, your customers, or things like that. I'm not sure it's good governance, but we'll see. But again, other parts of the world they do it. So here we go.
Speaker 1: There you go, All right, what's next, Let's take a look at Warner Brothers again in the news given the latest developments there, so ticker WBD. Those shares are up seven tents of one person, so extending small gains as well. And so the latest is that yes, Warner Brothers is indeed considering a new takeover proposal from Paramount sky Dance. They didn't specify what the new terms are, but we did report that it was going to be hired in the thirty dollars a share that Paramount offered previously. And so the kicker is that if Warner Brothers deems this superior to the one that has already accepted from Netflix, then Netflix will have four days to make a counter offers. Just a reminder, Netflix is still offering twenty seven to seventy five a share for Warner Brothers Studios and streaming businesses, and they're still looking for a spin off of some of its other businesses there, so it's not going to be the whole company. So we'll see how that's going to be received by the board and investors. It feels like the slowest moving of an a deal ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was telling Tom Keane early there's no juice around it, and there should be a ton of juice for these juicy companies, I think you know. But it was whatever was ever run in this process for Warner Brothers Discovery. They're just not into the whole. Let's have some fun with it, you know. It's very deliberate, exactly, very deliberate.
Speaker 1: Whatonerarys We're going to still be talking about this twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: I think you know Netflix, if Netflix really wants it, they have a much better capital position to do it, So we'll see.
Speaker 1: Okay, one more, all right, let's talk about Eli Lilly, a soo ticker l l Y. Those chares not doing too all of this morning, down one point two percent there, It was down a lot earlier, about three percent, so pairing some of those opening losses. And really the news comes from its rival Nova Nordisk saying that it will slash it's US list prices for we govy and a zembe next year by as much as fifty percent, and so the RIDA cross for Lily is initially negative. Those City Group analysts, Jeff Meach, I'm saying that the price production that could bring back price swarkincerns, But at the same time, the main beneficiaries of this are likely going to be people with high deductible plans or those who pay co insurance, which really represents a relatively small proportion of news starts. But you know, bad for lily stocks today. Let's see what they're going to answer.
Speaker 2: Back lit the Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.