Speaker 1: Wow, Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, November twenty first, twenty twenty three. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show. It's me Your Man, MG, Marcus Grant joined by Michael f Florio. We got a fun episode for you today. We're hitting up the mailbag to answer all your fantasy questions. After week eleven plus, Matt o'cotta is gonna drop by it with his top waiver wire targets for the week. But let's get started by giving the folks what they want and answering some of their Twitter questions. All right, time to get to some of your fantasy questions, you send them to us on Twitter dot com. I know that's not what the label of it says, but when you type that early and that's where you go to. So we got your questions there. We're gonna go through them real quick. Tim wants to know me a quarterback and someone has offered Purdy to me. I have Kamara AJ Brown, Amon Ross, Saint Brown, and Austin Eckler. Who should I give up?
Speaker 2: I've been advocating to trade for brock Perdy. I do not think I would trade any of those four players for him. AJ Brown is untouchable, a'man Ross Saint Brown is untouchable. Alvian Kamara is giving up too much. Eckler might be the one of the four, but I don't think I pulled the trigger and give him that back.
Speaker 1: I mean, if I had to give it one, I guess it's Kamara. But even that feels like an overpay. I would be curious to see who else is on your roster that that maybe you can part ways with. Uh. But those any one of those four, aj Brown and am On Roth are non starters, Like that's not even a question. Maybe it's it's Camara. I don't know. King Savage once in my QB situation is horrible. I got Kenny Pickett, Stafford, and Fields. Who do I start down the stretch? It's a two QB league Fields, for sure you're starting. Uh. I guess it's effort of the other two options. But even that isn't particularly great.
Speaker 2: No to me, it's that I can't you pick it as one touchdown this last month? Yeah, I don't think he's even in two quarterback. He's not someone i'd want tom. I'd play like if it was a super flex, I'd play like a fourth string running back over him.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing to mention, like is it a straight to QB league or is it a super flex league, because I think sometimes in super flex we get hung up on the idea of having to start a quarterback. Depending on how far down the quarterback list you're going, you might be better off starting another running back or a wide receiver in your superflex, So that's something keep in mind as well. Corbyn seventy one, how do you recover from losing Joe Burrow and having three of your four running backs get hurt in the same week? Yikes?
Speaker 2: I don't know. If look, you got a stream quarterback, you could try to make trades. It depends on who your running backs are and how long. I'm guessing Aaron Jones is one of them.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna have to make moves, be aggressive on the waiver wire, and just hope you no boy's next week. Makes it a little bit easier to set your line up.
Speaker 1: Yeah it does. But yeah, man, that that hurts. There's no easy answers for that one. Just you just got to kind of gut through and see how creative you can get setting lineups. This one from chi etn has been costing my matchups recently. Should I start Rashad over Etn for now? So Rashad White over Travis Etn? I don't know. I've liked, I like, I like both those guys. I've liked et in all year long. I've liked Rashad White recently, Maybe I would. I would want to know if you have any other running backs? Like who else are you potentially starting right now? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I say, if you're just debating between those two, you must have, like you have somebody else CMC or something. I will take the l this week on Rashad White, the yardage was bad, but it was, like you said, like six catches a touchdown. That that right there is twelve points before you add in any of the yards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So That's why I think people like Rashad White. Scott wants to know, is it time to bench Cooper Cup?
Speaker 2: It depends on your options, Like I in a vacuum, Probably not.
Speaker 1: Because the upside is so high. Yeah, yeah, I think that's what it is. Like thee I think is really really high. I mean unless somehow you're rolling out there with I don't know, Tank Dell and AJ Brown or something like that. Then maybe, but right now I have a hard time saying yes to that. Last one. Is Tony Pollard a buy sell or? It says gold. I'm guessing that means hold. I'm guessing this is a typo here, So Rohan, is Tony Pollard a buy sell or? Hold?
Speaker 2: You could try to sell high now because he's coming off of a big game. I kind of view him as more of a hold. He's definitely not a buye. But if you're trying to sell him now would be the time.
Speaker 1: Now, it's the time to do it, although I understand that people also probably going to be onto your game. They're staying what you do see, you maybe better off holding him more than anything else. So good luck to all of you out there. As we get closer to the playoffs. Let's get some of the top waiver wire targets are pal Matt o'cattas put together his list for Week twelve. Or quarterbacks Baker Mayfield, one of these Saints quarterbacks whoever is healthy and starting, be a Derek Carr, Jamis Winston, Gardner Minshew with the Colts off of bye running backs, pretty deep there, Devin Singletary, Herbert Zach Sharbonay, Keton Mitchell, and one of the two of Royce Freeman or Darryl Henderson deping on which one Sean McVay likes this week. Ty Chandler in Minnesota also in play for waiver options this week over to some pass catchers, Odell Beckham Junior along with Josh Downs, Jahan or Johann Dotson if you prefer, Jaden Reed and Rashid Shahed I feel the need the need for Shahed, Greg Dortch getting some work in Arizona as well, Elijah more Khalil Shakir Jackson Smith and Jigba starting to heat up. And Noah Brown hopefully he's back and healthy again this week going against the Jaguars, tight ends, Tayso Hill, Logan Thomas Isaiah likely with Mark andrews odd for the season. And then a lot of defenses to stream the Lions, the Dolphins, the Bengals, the Broncos, the Saints, the Giants, the Patriots. Oh my, so many defenses that you can possibly stream this week. Now. To help us wade through some of this, it is our friend Matt o'catta who writes the Waiver Wire columns. You can check it out every single week at NFL dot Com slash Waiver Wired. No team's on a buy this week's so everybody's rosters in theory are fully available to them this week. But Gardner Minshew also back off the buy. I know he's been sort of up and down this week, but this feels like a matchup Bass play with Minshew here now it is.
Speaker 3: Indeed, we haven't seen really that much Minshew magic this season. He had a crazy, fluky good game against the Browns and he rushed for two touchdowns in that game. But we know that he can put up fantasy performances through the air as well. He's got good weapons with Michael Pittman, Josh Downs, even Jonathan Taylor out of the backfield, so we can stream him if we get the right matchup, and Holy mackerel, are the Buccaneers the right matchup. Tampa Bay has been absolutely torched over the last month. They've allowed twenty six fantasy points per game to quarterbacks, and that includes a six point dud from Will Levis that Levis game. Aside, they allowed twenty seven to Brock Purty, twenty nine to Josh Allen, and forty two to c. J. Stroud. All in the last four weeks. I'm not predicting that kind of ceiling for Minshew, but twenty plus points is extremely viable and a QB one performance feels like a lock. So if you need to stream for some reason this week and having known on by helps avoid that problem, but the injuries kind of cancel that out. Minshew is your guy.
Speaker 1: Thirty points for Minshew.
Speaker 2: You heard it here first. Someone that we've talked of a lot on this show is Zach Sharbonay and Kenneth Walker leaves early this week. Okat a hard schedule coming up, but what are your expectations for ZC Yeah.
Speaker 3: If for some reason you just joined, this is the first time you're hearing of Zach Sharbonay. The important thing to know is the Seahawks spent up in big draft capital to add him in the second round this year, despite the fact they had just done that with Kenneth Walker, and so we kind of thought, well, does I mean he's going to eat into Walker's workload this year? They're going to run a committee of some kind. And he's really just been more of a light change of pace roll guy for these first couple months, but he was just starting to flash before Waffers for this oblique injury this past Sunday, and now he has the opportunity potentially to show out in a lead role. From what I've heard, and this is somewhat speculative. For now, Walker will likely miss one to three weeks, and the next three matchups are not great. It's forty nine Ers, Cowboys and forty nine Ers again, so the upside may not be huge, but Sharboney has sixty plus scrimmage yards in three of his last four games, running primarily as the backup. I do think he will be a flex play in those games, and given his upside and the chance that there may be lingering injury for Walker, I think Charboney could be one of those league winning ads that we always get around this time of year.
Speaker 1: So trying to again he was, He's definitely starting to close the gap a little bit there in Seattle. Gotta take a break. We'll be right back, Ty Chandler, I know we have loved him, and it just seems like the Vikings aren't ready to commit to Alexander Madison. So maybe this is Chandler's time finally coming along.
Speaker 3: Skull Listen, They've done their best not to commit Alexander Madison, So I do believe you there now he was. Chandler was out carried by Madison eighteen to ten on Sunday, and it's worth noting that three point one of his fantasy points came on a fake punt, which it maybe a little fluky, but I just say those things to set the expectations. I do think Chandler is still a really strong pickup. On the ten carries he did get, he had seventy three rushing yards. More importantly, perhaps he caught all four of his targets for thirty seven yards on Sunday Night Football. Madison caught one of his two targets for negative yardage, and he's just not passing the eye test the way that Chandler is. I think Chandler looks much more explosive, and you really want to have that aspect in the run game. We saw what it did for Kirk Cousins when it was Dalvin Cook in Minnesota. I think Chandler is much more in that kind of mold, and Madison can go back to being what he was with Dalvin Cook, which is a really good change of pace. Guys. So hope the Vikings watch this tape, look at this production and start to make the switch. If they do, I think you're looking at like the new version of Devin singletary supplanting Damien Pierce phenomenon, which we've seen work out really well. So pick up Chandler if he's available.
Speaker 2: Every time I hear the name Todd Chandler, I think of the old Knicks Center. And speaking of New York legends, Odell Beckham Junior over one hundred yards this past week for the first time, maybe since he's been in New York. No, Mark andrews, Now, what are you expecting from Odell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is honestly wild that this is a thing. There was a long time ago we never thought Odell would be on a waiver wire. Then recently we didn't know if he'd be on a football field again. Now, since Week ten, he scored a touchdown twice. Then he took those four catches for one hundred and sixteen yards on T andF this past week. That's double digit Fantasy points in three straight games. He looks good. And while we haven't seen an incredible ceiling, I like the fact that the tape is showing more of the Odell of old. He looks explosive. He's taking slants on for long gains, and most importantly and unfortunately, Mark Andrews out for the season, which means Lamar Jackson is going to need a new alpha and a new go to target in the red zone. I think Zay Flowers will be great, maybe the one A between the twenties and downfield, but as possible, Odell becomes the one B possession receiver and the biggest threat to score if he steps up anywhere close to the talent level he's had in his past, I think we're looking at a highly startable wide receiver down the stretch.
Speaker 1: Speaking of startable wide receivers, Josh Downs has been playing well all year long. People haven't really seemed to get on board. But maybe after the buye people will jump in. I don't know what it takes at this point, Matt, Yeah, Well, what it took was his October when he was absolutely red hot and was averaging sixteen point six Fantasy points per game and hit seventy plus yards or the end zone in all four of those games. Then the problem and the reason he's available again is he scored a combined eight Fantasy points in weeks nine through ten and then hit his buy. Weeks nine through ten were matchups against the Panthers and the Patriots spoiler old hurt. Neither of those opponents are friendly to fantasy wideouts or good game scripts for Downs. Coming off his buy, you already know who he faces in week twelve because we hit at the top with Gardner Minshew. No team is allowing more schedule adjusted Fantasy points to the wide receiver position than the Buccaneers over the last five weeks. I absolutely love Downs as a start this week, and he gets the Titans in week thirteen, who are also a top tier matchup for wide receivers. And I just like Downs despite the two down performances against those bad matchups. So I think he's in for a bounce back, will be good down the stretch. You're gonna want him on your roster for the fantasy playoffs. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And speaking of rookie wide receivers, Jayden Reed just continues to produce by air, by land, by sea.
Speaker 3: Maybe who knows?
Speaker 2: Like he just he's finding different ways to be productive. So what he think think about the rookie going forward?
Speaker 3: Yeah? If we put the Packers on a ship in the ocean, Jayden Reid would still produce. I'm pretty sure. Listen, if Jordan Love was Patrick Mahomes or apparently CJ. Stroud, this annoyingly even distribution of targets in Green Bay might not be as frustrating because maybe he could support several of them. Unfortunately he is not, which means it's been very hard to zero in on any single Packers wide out as a reliable fantasy option. But I do think Jayden Reed is nearing the point where he is that guy. Over the last month, he leads the crew in touches with twenty and scrimmage yards with two hundred and ninety nine, and he's playing essentially on par with Christian Watson and Romeo Dobbs in snaps and routes. And the fact that I used touches and scrimmage yards and the way Florio injured him is worth noting because it's a nod to his creative usage in the run game. He tallied forty six yards and a touchdown on three carries this past Sunday against IT Chargers. He also just looks the most explosive on tape. Christian Watson has not looked consistently good. Reid has sixty plus scrimmage yards and or a touchdown in four of the Packers' last five games. That's as consistent as we're getting from this crew. I think he's an excellent stash. And he gets to Buccaneers in week fifteen, so that's a quarterfinals win right there. Thirty points there.
Speaker 1: Is is lock it in. Yeah, and like you know, he's running the ball, he's catching the ball. So no, obviously that means he's Deebo Samuel, because that's how it works nowadays in Fantasy. Taysom Hill, we know you love Taysom Hill. I'm just gonna I'm gonna stand back and let you gush about Taysom Hill here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we amazingly. I think by now even the pod listeners all know that I love Taysom Hill because this is maybe what the third or fourth time we mentioned him. And the problem is that we have to keep mentioning him. So here we go back to the lab again. He had a dud in week ten. I told you these would come. He will have duds. Every fantasy tight end has them, but certainly Taysom Hill is a little more suspect to them. But that was the only one in the last several weeks of action from Taysom Hill, and then he had his buy in week eleven, so once again he's available in more than half of NFL dot com leagues. We need to fix that. You must pick Taysom Hill back up if you're in need at tight end. So I'm looking at you, Mark Andrews. Managers, here's your reassurance if you need it. If you take that single digit outing in week ten and you take the week off for the bye, Taysom Hill still has seventy two Fantasy points since week six. That ranks six among tight ends over that span in total, and fifth if you remove Mark Andrews from the picture, which obviously we have to do moving forward. So I think Taysom Hill is a locked and loaded tight end one. You will have some down weeks, but you will have ceilings that very few other tight ends can hit. And whether Derek Carr plays banged up or Jameis Winston gets to start in the near future, we could see increase snaps for Taysom given his wonky rolls. The alternative QB and snaps for Taysom equals fantasy points.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely they do. And I do think having Carr quarterback probably helps them because Jamis is probably gonna take some shots down the field that may not include Taysom Hill, but definitely worth adding. Matt is always good stuff. Man, appreciate it. We'll talk to you soon. And that it is pretty much where we're gonna shut things down as well. That is it. We are done. We appreciate you hanging out with the NFL Fantasy Football Show. Tomorrow, we are previewing all of the Thanksgiving Day games and more. You know the drill. Tell two friends to tell two friends, rate review and remember, strive to create a world where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives. Be safe, take care of yourselves. We'll talk to you again real soon. Wow, I don't help ba