Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike sempervb.
Speaker 3: Are you ready? Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday, three Pacific, six Eastern Saturday Mornings with a Jim Valley, a Tenday Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it is Wednesday on the show. You know what that means. We got a let's talk about We got aw Dynamite tonight and we actually now have a lineup, which we did not have yesterday. So we've got six things announced for the show and we're gonna talk about that and a lot of other things. Well, I think they're up to twenty five hundred tickets now, so that was what I guess they were shooting for for this show. We'll tell you about that and also, obviously last night was the first night of NXT Spring Breaking, and in fact we do have a new NXT champion. Trick Williams won the title in the main event. It was actually awesome. The match was great. Trick and Ilia always have great matches and this was another one. And end of the match, it was actually very similar to a spot in the Brian Danielson will Ospray match, and I think they also did a spot similar to this in one of their other matches where they're each in opposite corners. It's a duel in the Old West. They both race at each other and hit their finish and Trick hit that Trick knee first, and it'll always be the Trickney to me, by the way, and he got the pins. We'll tell you about that show as well. And in all of the other news, not the least of which is Vince McMahon's legal team has filed a motion and Janelle Grant's lawyer responded and boy oh boy, man uh, we'll open up with that today and then get into all of the other news as well. Rock's of w WE talent contract details on that, some notes on the raw ratings. Swerve responds to Grays and Waller, I have no idea why Jay Us disappointed in his WrestleMania match. Plenty more back in a moment Observer Live pizza is here.
Speaker 4: Oh great, I love some, but I'm worried about my stomach issues.
Speaker 5: If you're worried about having diarrhea, gas, bloating, stomach pain, or loose oily stools, it may not just be stomach issues. It could be a condition called exocrine pancreatic insufficiency or EPI. With EPI, the pancreas doesn't release enough enzymes to break down food, but EPI is manageable. Use the symptom checker on identify epi dot com and talk to your doctor. That's identifyepi dot Com sponsored by EBV.
Speaker 6: What would you do if you had a broken bone, You'd go to the doctor and use your insurance right, Well, what would you do if you have a serious problem with drugs and alcohol? Most people do nothing until it's way too late. Your insurance can help you get clean and sober with the assistance of a place like the Detox and Treatment Helpline. Many times addiction treatment is fully covered, So why not use your insurance to treat your addiction problem, just like you would if you had a broken bone. And with a Family Medical Leave Act, you're allowed to take time off by law and your employer doesn't need to know the reason. So there are two good reasons. You've got insurance you can use for your addiction problem, and with the Family Medical leve Act, it's completely confidential. Call now eight hundred seven seven one four one two five. That's eight hundred seven seven one forty one twenty five. Eight hundred seven seven one four one two five eight hundred seven seven one forty one twenty five.
Speaker 7: Okay, we are running a car drive right now to help veterans all across America. So if you have an old car, truck, or van, even a motorcycle or an RV sitting around, you can right now give it away and help the vets. They really need your help. And your car will help support the vets in their families. And guess what, you even get a tax donation. Plus we'll even come and pick up your car for free. And all you've got to do is pick up your phone right now and make a free call. Now is the perfect time to do something good for the vets. Give back to the Vets right now for all they've done for this country, and your old car can really help them. So call the Veterans Car Donation Program right now for free pickup of your vehicle. Help the Vets and help your taxes at the same time. Call right now.
Speaker 8: Eight hundred two to one five six eight one two, eight hundred two one five six eight one two eight hundred two one five six eight one two. That's eight hundred two one five sixty eight twelve.
Speaker 9: Hi, this is Quentin. A little thing I love about Chick fil A Chicken strips or how satisfying they are. The chicken strips are amazing. They're always feeling crispy, tinder and juicy. Definitely one of my favorite things on the menu, especially when you add in that Chick fil A sauce. Always the perfect combination. And then personally, you know me, I'm getting a four count. I want as much chicken as possible. I'm that guy whenever I get him, whether it be lunch or for dinner, and my household is always a winner.
Speaker 4: Order the chicken strips on the Chick fil A up Today.
Speaker 10: Customer pay for their testimony.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Albarez and Mike Semper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Networks.
Speaker 1: Back in the show. Ryan Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike SIMPERVB also Wrestling Observer dot Com. I suppose we have to talk about Vince. Vince mcmhann's legal team contends that a binding arbitration clause exists in the NDA Janelle Grant signed in twenty twenty one. By the way, if anybody has any questions about this, send them to uh the text message line four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. I read the entire filing yesterday and UH, there's obviously a lot in the filing that's not necessarily mentioned this particular story wire you onlinem. Although this is the gist of it. McMahon filed a motion in the District of Connecticut Tuesday to compel arbitration of Grant's lawsuit. This means he is asking the court to recognize the arbitration clause and send the matter to private arbitration hearings with an independent arbitrator rather than litigation. Typically, a party makes this motion but it believes that mere mention of the evidence during trial would be highly prejudicial and could not be remedied by an instruction to disregard, says Trellis Law. So, uh man, these filings, man, these lawyers, I mean, it's not like it's funny, but like this is not you know, they don't sit there and say, you know, these are the facts as we believe they are. They have the most outrageous language in these filings. McMahon's team said by publicly filing her salacious false in defamatory complaint, plaintiff as brazenly and intentionally violated a binding contract to arbitrate. Filing alleges McMahon grant engaged in a consensual relationship and references the love letter that she wrote to him in twenty twenty one love letter end quote as proof of this. Contrary to plaintiff's false allegations, plaintiff and defendant engage in a consensual relationship during which defendant never coerced plaintiff into doing anything, never mistreated her in any way. In fact, in a love letter plaintiff wrote to defendant shortly before the parties into their relationship, plaintiff described defendant as quote my best friend, my love and my everything, praising him for being the quote wonderful, tender, vulnerable, heart on your sleeve, soul you really are. It is incredulous that plaintiff, a then forty two year old woman who claims on her resume to have a law degree from Pace University, would have written those words to defendant months have withdraw all the events in the complaint of alleged abuse, coercion, and sex trafficking. They put that in quotation mark sex trafficking to place. Several paragraphs in the filing refute claims in Grant's lawsuit that she was in financial difficulties or was a full time caregiver leading to her relationship with McMahon. At the time the parties met in twenty nineteen, plaintiff was not dealing with profound grief from her parents death, mcmahn's lawyer said, and struggling financially as described in her complaint, and she had not been quote devoting years to around the clock caregiving to her parents. These statements are falsehoods based on a foreclosure action against plaintiff and her parents. Plaintiff's father passed away on April eighteen, twenty seventeen, two years before plaintiff met defendant, and his marital status was recorded as widowed, confirming Plaintiff's mother had passed away earlier. Filing also notes Grant was living with her fiance during the time of her lif relationship with McMahon, and that both parties were aware the other was involved in other romantic relationships. Says during the party's consensual relationship, plaintiff and defendant knew that the other was not involved was also involved, I'm sorry in other romantic relationships. Plaintiff was living in Park Tower, a luxury, multi million dollar building in Stamford, Connecticut, with her longtime fiancee, Attorney Brian gonn Calvis gon Calvis Plaintiff Gonkalvez lived in the same luxury building as defendant, four floors below when the parties began their affair in twenty nineteen. Plaintiff would often visit defendant at his condominium at all hours, including at two thirty a m. To pursue their affair, and returned back to her condominium with Gonkalve's the same night. Filing noted both parties agreed and their relationship in twenty twenty two NDA was drawn up and signed. Agreement includes a closet state's disputes would be resolved through arbitration. In fact, because the parties wish to preserve their confidential and private nature of any disputes them the agreement, they specifically provided in the agreement that disputse would be resolved through arbitration. And so there's plenty more here, but the gist of the story, and a lot of people have questions about, you know, what's this, that and the other thing. So I think the gist of it is Vince's side is claiming that there was no sex trafficking, This was a consensual relationship. They have not denied the text messages. I mean the text messages are legitimate. I mean no one's argued that. Their claim is that, yeah, they were legitimate, but it was consensual. And obviously her side is saying no, they were not consensual, and I was forced into doing all of this. And the other big thing is that Janelle Grant's side claims that Vince stopped paying her and so she went public. Vince's side is claiming, no, she violated the confidentiality agreement and thus I stopped paying her. So you know, a lot of this stuff here. I mean to me, it shouldn't be you know, we should be able to find out as they go, if they go to discovery, which is questionable, like, well, what what's going on here? Like Vince's side claims that she was living with her fiance, and her side claims no, no, no, no, she was going through a rough time and her ex boyfriend allowed her to live with him for three years or whatever it was as she attempted to get back on her feet. So this is kind of like the Ronda Rousey Drew Goulac situation. Well what's this guy say? And and we don't know, but obviously that would be one of the obvious questions. What does he say about this? Was was she his fiance at the time or was she an ex that he allowed to live there while she was getting back on her feet. So like a lot of these things here, you know, did she violate the confidentiality agree before he stopped paying or not? I mean, I think we should be able to determine that, right, I mean, what happened first? So these are the it is a it is a he said she said at this point, and and each side is claiming the other side is lying, and uh, I guess we have to wait to see where it goes from here and and what John Loaurnidis's side claims, because obviously John Laurnidis, you know his claim is that you know what she is saying is true. But I was also forced into this by Vince McMahon and we have not seen his side of the story yet, so that is coming. I presume within the next few weeks. There was a mad deadline. So that's the gist of it. Any comments Mike.
Speaker 3: Well, not only his side of the story, but Vince McMahon and his legal team has not gone after him yet for saying that he's a victim in all this. They are attacking now her character in the same way that she attacked his with trying to point out things about her. Her attorney did go on record as saying Vince McMahon has never known a storyline that he doesn't twist to fit his own shameful narrative. Her father was in home house hospice during his final days, where Janelle continued to care for him around the clock. Prior to his death, she had been caring for her blind, wheelchair bound mother using the grief of someone who has lost both of her parents is an all new level of disgusting. And then later on, and this was in a statement to Post and Russell Namis, she said she was not dating at the time. Her ex boyfriend allowed her to stay in the apartment as she rebuilt her life and resume post taking care of her parents. She had no job and no other financial support to lean on, which you mentioned as well too. One of the things that also Vince McMahon in this response is getting ahead of is this does not fall under the Speak Out Act and that's why, and that's going to be very important here too, Brian, because this confidentiality agreement and whether or not he stopped paying her or not, is it going to cover her allegations of saying that there was sexual assault taking place, And that's going to need to be determined here, I think on what direction this goes, as well as is there going to be any filing or anything that comes federally or state wise out of this as well too against McMahon if they're looking into him that way.
Speaker 1: So that is there's more on the front page, and in fact, Dave for subscribers wrote an even longer and more detailed story on the front page, and uh he'll have more in The Observer this coming Friday, but more after the break Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike semper viv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: In the show, Brian Alvarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike semper vv also of Wrestling Observer dot Com. So I should mention, by the way that in the UH, in the McMahon filing, what they're what they're attempting to get here is obviously all of this taken to arbitration, but also the final line in the arbitration clause reads that the prevailing party, as determined by the arbitration Tribunal, shall be entitled to recover from the non prevailing party all of its attorney's fees and costs. So they're trying to obviously get this shut down and get all their money back. So of course, yeah, we shall see what happens, but I mean, I expect it's very likely that this is, you know, not going to trial would be my guess.
Speaker 3: They're going to do everything they can to get it to settlement. If this fails, then just try to negotiate a settlement so things don't go any further than they have, you know, if you're Vince McMahon's side. But again, I you know, you got a guy who's doesn't have the best reputation going into this to begin with, including last year or eighteen months ago whatever it is, settling that case with Rita Chatterton where he was accused of rape after all of these years. So again it's a lot of he said, she said, and there's going to probably be things that are blown up on both sides, from both sides. But yeah, I don't think he wants to go and fight this thing tooth and nail all the way to the end. But we'll see.
Speaker 1: Also got notes on the Rocks Talent contract with WWE. This was the contract that he signed to join the TKO board in January, which among things, ended up getting him into the WrestleMania main event, and Rand Thurston said the contract was published as an exhibit this past Friday with WWE's annual report. It allows Johnson to quote higher third party service providers in connection with developing concepts, grips, storylines, et cetera. With w w's approval, so that would be Gortz, Brian Gowertz, who has been the guy who has basically been writing for him since the nineties. Part of the process, w WE will reimburse Johnson's seven Bucks Entertainment for the cost of those service providers. One such person naming the contract but their name was redacted, likely was Brian Gortz. Neil's worth thirty million dollars in TKO equity quote the Johnson Equity Award and uh vests.
Speaker 3: On the schedule through the end of the WWE bottom line moving between man to Johnson's. That's what happened here with his good friend Nick Cohn that used to hang out on you know, on the beaches of Hawaii with him. It's a great deal for the Rock. It's an incredible deal for the Rock.
Speaker 1: Part of the equity is for Johnson licensing his name, likeness, and certain other intellectual property rights to w for use in connection with certain categories of licensed products related to professional wrestling from up to ten years, subject to certain earlier termination rights. So if they make a Rock shirt, Rock is actually licensing his license to two WWE to yep the IP which includes the Rock and nearly all of his famous catchphrases cannot be used on things like political ads, alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, porn, or pop up ads.
Speaker 3: They're very annoying.
Speaker 1: Johnson is very gives pop up ads without his approval. At the end of twenty twenty three, he got nearly four hundred niney one thousand for royalties, will continue to receive yearly royalties for the sale of products with the aforementioned ip. By the way, that's he made a half million dollars during a period where he wasn't even there wasn't even there. He made like one appearance on SmackDown and sold half million dollars worth of merchants such so, man, where.
Speaker 3: Do gas station sexual enhancement pills come down on? With all of this, can you can he still do that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I would presume he would need approval. So essentially he got paid basically thirty million dollars for that WrestleMania run, and I don't even know if he's got like another contract if they paid him outside of that as well.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think he'll be okay.
Speaker 1: I mean he's all right. He is definitely doing all right.
Speaker 3: That's the Johnson era. That's that's what you got there.
Speaker 1: So we got Dynamite coming up tonight, and we finally have matches. He's were announced yesterday. We got John Moxley Powerhouse Hobbs IWGP World Heavyweight title, Swerve Strickland versus Kyle Fletcher in a world title eliminator match.
Speaker 3: Let's call it a non title matching geeks.
Speaker 1: I mean the bigger issue is didn't Kyle Fletcher get beat on Saturday? Now he's in a world or whatever. And then Anna Jay versus Mina Shikawa we will hear from Chris Jericho.
Speaker 3: I bet you that gets one of the higher segments on the show. I'm willing to bet that for some reason that bucks the trend of women's wrestling not getting as good a ratings as some of the men's stuff does. I bet you on that one. I bet you that one's up.
Speaker 1: Then we've got Chuck Taylor must choose between Orange Cassidy or Trent.
Speaker 3: What'll come on, Jesus.
Speaker 1: I'll get back to that in a minute. And Willow Nightingale has her TBS championship.
Speaker 3: I hope they do. What's that get make? Maybe one of your daughters has got it. Remember that thing you used to like it was like origami or whatever you used to like, open it up and go different, say day yeah, Like is that how they're going to decide this? Like, you know, whose friend are you going to be?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: I don't know, I gotta do this first, and whatever happens, he can pluck a flower, will it come up with orange or we'll get this is dumb.
Speaker 1: All I know is this?
Speaker 3: You know what's the truth too? You're about to sneeze.
Speaker 1: I'm about to sneeze. Mm hmm yeah.
Speaker 3: Facts. So uh I like it happier when they didn't have a card? Are you better know?
Speaker 1: Well? I mean I was not happier when they didn't have a card. Nor was this person here, by the way, who who messaged me on Twitter? They said, quick note regarding your comments this week on Observer Live about Dynamite ticket sales for Jacksonville. I can speak for myself and many of my friends. We were all totally open to buying tickets even though Dynamite was here just a few months ago. Biggest reason we won't be attending is the fact that nothing was announced in advance. Promotional materials leading up to the event featured Osprey Ocotta, Mercedes, the Young Bucks, Danielson. If there was any assurance that they'd actually be there, I would be running to buy a ticket. Nothing announced, I'll be watching from home. Can also say I'd be really upset if I purchaed a ticket based on the marketing and none of the talent listed above appeared on the show.
Speaker 3: You didn't want to see Daddy Magick against Evil Luno. I guess that's what he's saying right there. Give me some stars, give me some things that are going to be happening around this joint. And by the way, I apparently swear Strickland was on the Jacksonville, one of the TV stations there. So that's a good thing getting your people out to do media, especially you new champion. Try to get him wherever you can.
Speaker 1: Now, I gotta ask a question for all of the hardcore aw fans of which I am, which is why this is actually so astonishing to me.
Speaker 3: So it's a rhetorical question, I know.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the best friends have been together since the day this company started day one. Okay. So then they did that match, you know, and and Trent got beaten, and then he turned on Orange Okay, and Chuck Taylor just kind of stood there. Okay, yes he did, okay, and then confused. And then there was the Dynamite Show and they said they were going to talk to Orange Cassidy about this, and they said, no, stually, he'll speak on rampage. Okay. Now, to be fair, I missed that rampage, but also so did everybody else, because it did you know, under three hundred thousand viewers. Something happened on that show. I couldn't tell you. And then now it's, uh, Chuck has to choose between them. I feel like I've missed months of storylines. Can somebody explain this to me? Lenny, somebody, what if I missed?
Speaker 3: What did Orange do?
Speaker 1: If he's I don't have any idea?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if he have no idea, Orange is probably a horrible persone. Apparently, what's that dumb? I just have an answer for you.
Speaker 1: Okay. Oh you don't have an answer. Oh you do have an answer?
Speaker 3: Yeah I do, I got it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 11: So I believe Orange was getting jumped postmatch and Trent was going to absolutely murder him with a I think a chair. Chuck comes in saves Orange, and that caused Trent to be like who are you with me or him? I think that's what it was.
Speaker 1: Okay, but he saved Orange, Okay, but between them and him choosing tonight, I mean, was there like did Tony in storyline? Did Tony Khan go Okay, Trent, you must choose on Wednesday?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Did I miss a segment where they announced it on Wednesday? Did someone do an interview? Was there a promo? Was there anything to connect these things together?
Speaker 7: Or no?
Speaker 11: I want to say, after Chuck saved Orange, preventing him from getting killed by Trent, Trent like as he's back pedaling up the ramp threatened Chunk and Chuck and said, you're making a decision next week.
Speaker 1: Okay, So he said this backing up the ramp. Yep, So I didn't Okay, No, not Chunk. That's terrible. That's that's what WW is doing now. Anyway, it's a dumb idea.
Speaker 3: And I just I don't know Orange Cassidy, I guess doesn't really need to be in a group. You can use him him like you do Darby Allen and people will respond to it. You know, our Trent and Chuck better together. Well, you're trying to re establish your tag teams at least I would hope you're trying to do that. So just get it out of the way, have them both beat them up tonight, and be done with this whole stupid best friend's thing until a bunch of shows later where we have our our happy, our happy moment again, where ex caliber can say, give the people what they want and they can all hug, and people can all go, oh man, what a great story that was.
Speaker 1: And I think they're all gonna hug to night. Someone's gonna make a choice. Back in the moment, Observer.
Speaker 10: Live Progressive Exients flowing JB and uncing the monster truck rally.
Speaker 8: How the obliterator whoa and he's up on two wheels.
Speaker 3: That can't be safe?
Speaker 8: Ohooo, I don't recommend flipping your car backwards.
Speaker 3: Did he even check his blind spots? And the cars on fire? I definitely don't recommend that. This is one of my recurring nightmers.
Speaker 10: Progressive is all about keeping it safe, So bundle you're all for twenty four to seven protection PROGRESSA Keshalty Insurance Company, Apliots, other insurists, and Everich to not prout your most trucks not available in those states.
Speaker 12: President Biden recently released a massive six trillion dollar budget, the largest budget in US history. And guess who pays the bill. That's right, you, the American taxpayer. American citizens and business owners will be paying more taxes, that's a fact. And if you owe back taxes, they will be coming after you to collect payments. In fact, President Biden also hired thousands more IRS agents to go after you. If you've got a letter from the IRS and you know you owe back taxes or you haven't filed in years, don't put your head in the sand. Call us today. We've saved our customers millions of tax dollars. One quick, free phone call will show you how we can reduce your pass tax bill and save you thousands guaranteed, or you pay nothing.
Speaker 8: Call now eight hundred and nine four nine OO three nine eight hundred nine four nine O three nine. That's eight hundred and nine four nine zero zero thirty nine paid for by the tax helpline. Has your heater or air conditioner busted, appliance, broken, computer crashed, then you need an ARW home warranty. Home system and appliance repairs and replacements can cost stress and cost you thousands of dollars per year. With an A plus BBB rating and the top rated home warranty company on Consumer Affairs and Trust Pilot. ERW Home provides superior service featuring the industry's lowest service call fee. AARW Home has warranty plans that cover your kitchen and laundry appliances, heating and air conditioning systems, electrical and plumbings systems, and much more. Plus, ARW has partnered with Azurian to protect your new and used tablets, laptops, TVs, and other home tech from accidental damage in wear and tear. All plans come with a thirty day money back guarantee eight hundred eighty six seven six ' nine one seven, eight hundred eighty six seven sixty nine one seven, eight hundred eighty six seven sixty nine one seven. That's eight hundred eighty six seven sixty nine seventeen.
Speaker 4: Get the one and done you want for your dog's monthly protection. Next Guard plus a fox'l Honor, moxidectin and Pyrantal chewable tablets for tax against fleas, ticks, heartworm disease, roundworms, and hookworms, all in one delicious be flavored soft chew use with caution and dogs with a history of seizures or neurologic disorders. Dogs should be tested for existing heartworm infection prior to starting a preventive Ask your vet about next guard plus choose.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: AGIN the show Brian Albarez here, Wrestling Observer Live, Mick sempervv. Also Wrestling Observer dot com. Well, spring Breaking is over. We have we have week two next week. Well, the first night is spring Breaking. The next week's show has Obafemi against Ivar for the NXT North American title, Nathan Fraser Naxian versus Aop for the tag team titles, Natty versus Lola Ice in NXT Underground which actually expected to be really good, and the corner people are Carmen Petrovitch and Shana Basler for Lola Ice, we used to team with Nanny. That's the storyline. Theahal versus j C. Jane and Uh, I'm trying to pronounce his name, Tyreek Egway and Tyson DuPont.
Speaker 3: I have to see the names here.
Speaker 1: Did you did you watch the show last night, most of it? Yeah, okay, this Tyson and Tyreek I believe his name. There was a video package because they're coming next week. We have never seen them before ever, and they do this video package. At one point they each very quickly say their name. I had absolutely no idea what their names were. And at no point anywhere ever, did they put a graphic on the screen with their names or I don't know if they have a team name. I have absolutely no idea. Why is this so hard for every company? I watch every company, and there's so much simple common sense stuff that just doesn't happen, and I don't get it. So anyway, their debuting next week, whatever their name is are, whatever their team name is called, we will see them next week, hopefully with a graphic. Now, with that said, I did like the show last night, particularly the main event. I know you will find this very difficult to believe, but Ilia Dragonov and Trick Williams was awesome. They are incapable of having a bad match because Ilia Dragonov is absolutely incredible, and Trick Williams can and will go in there and do an Ilia Dragonov match. This is not ily A Dragonov working a match, a Trick Williams match. This is I'm going to kill you and in response, I want you to try to kill me. And it was just absolutely great. Place was going nuts. Whooped that trick chance. I mean, it was awesome. And then finally at the end they see When I saw this, I immediately thought, Okay, they just stole a spot from Danielson and Osprey, which I have no problem with, by the way, because I watched that match. But they each you know, they did a double down. They both crawled to the corner. They looked across at each other. Each of them has a move where you run at each other, and so it was like the Old West duel.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: In the Danielson match, it was will was going to go for the hidden blade, Danielson was going to go for the flying knee, and I think Danielson hit it first on that one could be wrong, but anyway, they both race at each other and the trick knee wins out and my god, when he hit that trick knee, they went nuts and he made the cover and he got the pin and this place went so nuts, like the cameras are shaking like and not you know, a guy going like this, like in WWE, like it's a hardcam shaking because people are stomping their feet and going so absolutely crazy. And then Eli gives him the title, gives him a massive hug, Leaves gives him his moment, and I mean, must we do it again? Why in God's name did this not happen? It's standing deliver because you know what, Mike Hey, booking a side, Okay, booking a side, Yes, sir, look at the reaction they got. I know from how many people fit in that building? I really don't know it eight fifteen hundred. It's only on three sides, right, I mean I estimate four hundred. I mean maybe someone will tell me more.
Speaker 3: But and there's nobody on the hard side of the camera.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, if you had four hundred, if you even if you had a thousand people in that building, okay, five hundred, all right, it's it sounded like a good ten thousand. You realize it's standing the liver and XT stand in the liver. They drew fourteen thousand, five hundred and seven fans. Can you imagine what the action would have been had Trick Williams won that title instead of instead of in front of four hundred fans instead of in front of fourteen thousand, five hundred and seven total maniacs on WrestleMania weekend. It would have been an all timer, but instead they did Trick and Mellow in a straight match Carmelo versus a babyface murderer, and then a mere three weeks later they give Trick the title. Anyway, in front of four hundred people, I was just like, God, this is another one. Why is this so hard? Why is this so hard? Anybody?
Speaker 3: Well, now, I got a question for you. Got a difficult decision, got a hard decision for you to make. HELI, you're dragging off main roster. Nex.
Speaker 1: We already know he's going to the main roster, he declared for the draft.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: I mean they're not gonna go heading to NXT. NXT is Ilia Dragonov.
Speaker 3: Look, Apollo Cruise and uh Odyssey Jones are a part of this draft. We could hear that. I mean, technically, are they part of the main roster? I guess that they are. But Ilia Dragonov, I mean, with this draft, can't you still be you know, end up in NXT.
Speaker 1: You're not being drafted from NXT to NXT it's not happening. Now, I got a list.
Speaker 3: Does that mean Roxanne is up to hold on?
Speaker 1: I got a list? Okay, because uh, this is my this is this is not an official list. These are my predictions based on watching the show.
Speaker 3: So this is some s you just made up.
Speaker 1: I didn't make it up. But this is why I think is gonna happen. But I don't know, so I guess you could say I made it up. Okay, based on this show.
Speaker 3: Your NFL draft coverage right here, brother.
Speaker 1: You know what you you mock, but get back to me after the draft. Okay, Roxanne retained the title over Tatum and okay, I presume Roxana sting. I don't have any idea why this is another one? Why is this so hard? Do you realize half of her gimmick is that she is like a twenty one year old prodigy or whatever at this point by the time you call her up, it's like Bailey was like the hero to Little Girls in NXT and by the time they brought her up, she was like thirty. So how long are you gonna wait? And you know what, this is not just an NXT thing? Where in God's name is Nick Wayne? I know, they hired him at sixteen sixteen, so then on his eighteenth birthday he would debut as an eighteen year old prodigy. And where are we? He has had what four matches in aw all year. His mother does more talking than he does on the mic. He's literally a few months away from now being nineteen, not even eighteen anymore. I mean, what is the point of hiring young people and then not doing anything with them until they're old? So anyway, I think she's staying because she's the champion.
Speaker 3: To be fair, he's wrestling crash matches in Tijuana now. Actually he's getting pushed.
Speaker 1: He's getting pushed the hardest, not in a w Yeah, that's where they are taking advantage of the eighteen year old prodigy is everywhere except aw So anyway, uh.
Speaker 3: To state in GCW him and Jordan Oliver.
Speaker 1: I think Roxanne is staying. I believe Roxanne is staying.
Speaker 3: That's a sin.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now we add fallon Henley and Jada Parker. Okay, Jada Parker of out the Mud who, by the way, you know, if you look at all of the other green women, I'm talking the green ones not you know, there's there's a NXT. It's like they got people that are really good, and they got people that are green, and I would not consider Fallon Henny one of the green women. But Jada definitely is. She's had what three matches whatever.
Speaker 3: So looks great.
Speaker 1: She won clean Pinner, Clean in the middle. She had a running hip attack in pin Fallon and the moment I saw that Valon Henley's getting drafted, yep, yep. Oh, I thought you were making fun of me earlier. I thought you were making NFL draft jokes earlier. Now all of a sudden, I'm right, uh.
Speaker 3: Oh, I got jokes, and I'm not saying Look, you're talking about obvious things here. You banged your hand on the table and talked about obvious things. You brought up Tiffany Stratton probably before in theory she was completely done with NXT. The character is there. How she can put matches together, Eh, we'll see. But then again she can work with people on the main roster. Things have worked out well so far. But that's why, like Roxanne and Fallon, I don't know what else you could possibly do with them in NXT. It's time for them to probably come up because with again, who is Fallon going to work with there on a consistent basis. That's gonna make her better. Like the gimmick is down. The whole thing is kind of down. She's got to look and now she has people on the main roster in Tiffany Stratton, you can kind of bump up again, so she should be up on the MA.
Speaker 1: Yes, Valin is going up, I believe. And then we had another soul Ruka Blair dabnport match, which, by the way, God, it was horrible. Let me ask another question. You might have heard this one before. Why is this so hard? You're you're literally in Florida. You've advertised a beach brawl. Why can't we brawl on the actual beach instead? They surrounded the ring. I swear to God, I'm making this up. Beach balls. Okay, you know what a beach ball is, yes, yeah, it's really soft, full of air. And those those inflatable doughnuts that you've float in filled with.
Speaker 3: Air US weapon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then those kickpads, which you know those are also somehow full of air. They're designed to float. They're so light. They are fricking hitting each other with this stuff and selling it. And I'm dying and The only good thing in the match was Sola the ended her soul Snatcher or whatever off the ropes instead of the corners. She did off the middle rope. It looked even more awesome. And and she pinned Blair clean in the middle.
Speaker 3: Now, for so long I thought they were going to hit the rope, so that is an amazing move.
Speaker 1: I will say this in storyline, okay. And by the way, yeah, they got bumped into a ball pit too, and that was just And that's coming from me who got bumped into a kiddie pool and sold it. But the difference is I am allergic to.
Speaker 3: Water and you had a slipping slide, which makes it extra better.
Speaker 1: Now, I will say that in storyline, Blair Davenport put soul Ruka out of action for nine months because when Soul tore her acl, they did the phantom attack and Blair was responsible. Okay, so it is possible that this was just a blowoff to a long feud, but it wasn't really a long feud because soldiers came back. So I watched this and my presumption was Blaired Avenport is going up to the main.
Speaker 3: I would have said that until she got to NXT to me. She showed nothing. And I don't know bringing her up to the main roster unless you got some good plan. I don't know, man, I don't know.
Speaker 1: And then we add Baron Corbin and Lexus King and it was not completely clean. Lexus King kicked him in the ding dong and then pinned him with his finish. But Corbyn's he's out of here, He's going back to the main and an Ilia Dragonov is already declared. And so those are the names I think are going up. Baron Corbin, Ilia Dragonov, Fellon Henley or fella, yeah, Fellon Henley and Blair ed Avenport. And I should also add that at the beginning of the show they had a meeting backstage. Got these meetings with Ava they are something else. It's her and Adam Pierce and Nick Aldis is on his's facetiming on a TV screen behind him. By the way, had like anyway, so uh, that guy's good even on TV. But the point is they're all talking about the draft, and Adam Pearce made a point to say, you know, they both said, you know, we're looking at all the talent tonight wants some people up. And Adam Pearce did specifically say, you know, we're looking for women for raw, So I think Blair and Fallon are probably are both going up. So anyway, backing up with more Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: So we do have an update here. You missed the pre show Angle where Trent Bretta gave Chuck Taylor to ultimate him and he has to decide tonight on Dynamite took place on zero hour.
Speaker 3: Why couldn't you just decide right then and there you're the dude that you've been wronging.
Speaker 1: Well, you know you gotta put you gotta put some thought into it. You know, I gotta put some thought into it.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 1: I like when I want an answer that it is in my favor, I demand a person give it some thought first.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't wait until like you finally hit Craig in the head with a chair, and then Vinnie's got to stand there and actually decide has this man gone nuts or not? Is there something wrong with this man? It's like, you know, what did you do? Nothing? Well, then you know you should be pissed off with the person that him with the or in this case, the knee.
Speaker 1: Says, assuming THEA beats Jac next week, I can see Jac going to the main roster. Maybe THEA is the one to beat Roxanne for the title. Well, the problem is that the draft is like Friday and Saturday. So my guess is that anybody who they wanted is who is gonna be drafted they put on Night one and beat him. I mean, it's possible and everything, but well, it's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Interesting to see who stays in NXT or if somebody goes down there. I mean, obviously you have the rotating people like I think aop and carrying crosses, but I do wonder if we are going to get somebody who gets drafted down or again gets moved over obness. See Jones is a great example, Apollo Cruise is a great example. You can do a lot more with them in NXT than you're ever gonna do with them on the main roster. Because I hate this for Odyssey's sake, but we saw some of those guys who have come up recently, not the least of which is Ovi Feme, and you're gonna get into a shuffle spot again of how many people can you have going at once?
Speaker 1: Oh, we got the draft rules forgot about those, so there's anyway we'll read those tomorrow. We got time we do talk to next time, everybody. Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network