Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Max is on the phone today for a first date follow up and he's getting ghosted by a woman named Daria. So in a few minutes we'll call her and see if she tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Max, how long has it been since you talked to Daria?
Speaker 3: It's been eight days? Eight days, okay counting you said that, so solemnly, how me reach it out to her?
Speaker 4: Yeah? No, I've tried to text her, but I haven't heard anything back.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, tell us about your date so we can hear about this connection. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, so we went to this pottery class which was which was cool. Yeah, normally it's not like the typical Drakes and Naps thing, but she seemed cool and I wanted to go big or go home for her, you know, and honestly, she was she was super into it and she was good too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we got there.
Speaker 4: I was I was shocked because she made this like beautiful bowl that looked like it belongs.
Speaker 3: To the museum.
Speaker 4: And meanwhile, I've never done it before, so mine just looks like a squash muffin.
Speaker 3: Cute.
Speaker 4: She left at that too, So but it was fun. I think we were really connecting. We had wine, we were kind of we got clay. We kind of had a little clay fight, so we got clay all over each other, and it just seemed like really playful and fun. We ended up getting late night food after and you know, after that, we ended up back at my place. So I you know, I think everything went great according to my perspective.
Speaker 3: I mean, it sounds like it so your place. You didn't just like play checkers or did.
Speaker 4: You you call it checkers? Okay, either way, it wasn't just a friendly hug, goodbye. Okay, got it. Did do you guys make a plan to see each other again? Yeah? We both expressed that, you know, something that we were into and looked, you know, wanted to do again. So you know, we didn't make any specific plans, but she was definitely into the date, and I absolutely wanted to make more plans.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I just don't know what happened. Is there anything that you can think of that may have been an issue? Well?
Speaker 4: I have, Yeah, I've been thinking about it and trying to figure out.
Speaker 3: What could have happened.
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, I was at one point I said, I don't like avocados, and she was really passionate about guac.
Speaker 3: So like we're not like deeply invested in guacamole. Okay, So I'm wondering if that is a thing.
Speaker 4: You know, she may not have been into that or you know, at one point during the date, we we got tacos and I did drop my taco on the ground and I called it five second rule, but I still laid it.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was the avocado thing. I think you're safe there.
Speaker 4: No, okay, Okay, yeah, I mean it's that. I honestly, the last thing I could think of possibly was I told her that I'm emotionally available. But I texted that to her the next day, and up until that, you know, we'd been kind of texting through the date, and then she stayed over at my place and the next day I tried to start it again, but you know, nothing, if you.
Speaker 3: Had to call it and say one thing, what would you think it would be? WHOA? I mean, it could have been the thing.
Speaker 4: I just don't know, like, I, you know, might have waited her out and I said I was emotionally available, like maybe it was rushing or something.
Speaker 3: We'll see if we can figure it out for you.
Speaker 2: We'll play a song come back, and then call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting.
Speaker 3: You and maybe get you another date.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, awesome, thank you, all right, we'll get your first day follow up.
Speaker 1: Next first date follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us for today's first date follow up, Max is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Darius. So we're about to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him a second date if he wants one. Still, But first before we call her, Max, why don't you break down your situation again first?
Speaker 3: Real quick? Yeah, So, Daria and I went to this pottery class for our first date.
Speaker 4: We ended up getting some late nighte food, ended up back at my place, had a great time.
Speaker 3: She stayed the night, and I haven't heard from her since.
Speaker 4: I thought maybe it could be because I dropped my taco and still ate it during the date, or because I texted her that I was emotionally available next day and it weird you're out?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure? So did kiss you after you dropped the taco and ate it? That's a good point, all right. See if we can help you out. You ready for us to call her? Yes? Thank you? All right, here we go. Hello, Hi, I speak to Daria. Please.
Speaker 5: This is her?
Speaker 3: Hey, Daria, how are you? This is a radio show. It's called The Jewbel Show. Hi, Daria, I'm Nina. Hi, I'm Victoria, and I'm Jewel. How are you?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 4: Up?
Speaker 3: Have you ever listened to The Jewel Show before?
Speaker 2: I have?
Speaker 3: Oh? Dope? Okay. Well, guess what, Daria?
Speaker 5: I always thought these calls for sake?
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah, somebody emailed us about you. Apparently you went on a date with somebody. This is the first day follow up, you know the segment that we do that if you go on a date with someone and you end up ghosting them, that person can ask us to get you on the phone and find out why you're ghosting them.
Speaker 5: People actually do actually call it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, because ghost sucks, Daria, and you're one of them.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's Max.
Speaker 3: Do you have any idea? Who what email us about?
Speaker 5: You. I'm assuming it's Max, right, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yes it is Max.
Speaker 2: Can you tell us why you're ghosting him?
Speaker 5: Okay? So he literally liked every single photo I've ever posted, every single one of them. I woke up, I had like a million new notifications from one day. I'm just from twenty seventeen that was popping up.
Speaker 3: Because that's the sole reason.
Speaker 5: I mean, I posted a picture of a broken blender in two thousand and eight and he hearted it broken Who hearts a broken blender? Why didn't even post it? It just it felt like, I don't know, it felt like he was like virtually licking my timeline. I don't even remember half of the photos that are there, and it's not even like he just so like he literally like he kind of studied them. It feels like he commented on three different ones. I had fire emojis that I had a comment that this era h and baby Daria, like you really I've met the guy wants any commented on a picture of me, like a picture of me as a baby, an actual.
Speaker 3: A little bit flattered, I mean flattered.
Speaker 5: I'd be flattered if it was like you know, photo or two recently, but like through the whole entire history of me. It's a little.
Speaker 2: All right, well, Daria, thank you for telling us. And you probably already know this though, but Max is on the phone. He's been listening this whole time and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, they're they're on the other line. I got it, okay, Yeah, hi.
Speaker 3: Mas hi, Daria. That's why you ghosted me. You go to me because I liked your posts.
Speaker 5: Dude, you time travel through my entire Instagram and gave me literal chills.
Speaker 3: I just you posted. I was just trying to appreciate you in full starry journey. You know. It was meant to be a compliment.
Speaker 5: It's like you were in an FBI agent that did a deep dive into my life, Like, how about just good luck on your midterms instead of the history of Daria.
Speaker 4: Maybe I got like a little carried away, But it was honestly meant to be just positive. I was was enjoying getting to know you through your posts, and I thought you were so interesting and I just wanted to support your history.
Speaker 5: Dude, you supported it to death.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's just I really like you, Daria, and I was having so much fun getting to know you. I had a great time doing pottery with you, and and after.
Speaker 5: Matt stopped, I'm mad at you. You weren't getting to know me. You were creating stories in your head based off of what I posted.
Speaker 3: No, that's not true.
Speaker 4: I honestly think that you're super witty, beautiful, and I'm sorry if I took it too far with those. And also I hearted that blender that broke because I actually have the same lender that broke as well.
Speaker 5: Max, you are trying to relate to me, You're you're literally creating a scenario in your head. You're trying to relate to me like you just need to chill out.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not. I really have that blender. I didn't take the pictures of it, but I actually I actually had it.
Speaker 5: I guess that's another reason why you think we're meant to be.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can, I can dial it back. I promise I can. Unlike that baby photo of you. You know it's listen. I'm not saying that we're meant to be. I just I honestly just think you're dope. And I really I really.
Speaker 4: Liked you, and I still like you, and you know, I just want to get to know you.
Speaker 5: You don't think you got to know me by scrolling through a lifetime of Instagram.
Speaker 2: Post Daria, would you like to go on another date with Max? We'll pay for it.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I mean, I I do like when someone's into me, but I don't want to feel like I'm being digitally followed home.
Speaker 3: I listen.
Speaker 4: I promise I can dial it back. I know I came on too strong, but you know, just just give me one more chance.
Speaker 5: I mean, are you going to find my mom and start dming her and stuff like that like other suckers.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest. I found Pam's profile, but she look, he didn't message Pam.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: He held back to messaging Pam.
Speaker 5: Gonna hit request?
Speaker 3: I won't. I won't. I promise. What do you think, Daria? One more chance? He sounds legit to me me too. I would love that.
Speaker 5: I did have a good time and you do this little cute thing with your pinky. I don't know. Just don't like me so much yet.
Speaker 3: Right away?
Speaker 4: I promised to be into you, but but not but not that into you.
Speaker 3: You'll do it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: If he if he chilled out a little bit.
Speaker 3: Sweet congratulations Max, You got another date. Oh yeah cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not I'm not that excited about it, but yeah, there you go.
Speaker 5: That's a little left stressful for me.
Speaker 3: Jubile's first date follow up