Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: CNR on FSR Covino and Rich Monday through Friday, five to seven on the East.
Speaker 3: Shout out to all the affiliates. What up Affiliates.
Speaker 2: Oh and it's always a pleasure to be here yesterday. If you missed the show today Friday, check the podcast search Covino and Rich. And we're excited to announce our brand new YouTube channel. It's YouTube dot com at Covino and Rich FSR at Covino and Rich FSR CoV I know, just hit the subscribe button instant access to the very best videos from the show. Again Covino on Rich FSR on YouTube. Subscribe this hour Mahomes Trivia. We're giving away prizes. That's all we ask I wanted to see if you can guess something real quick. And then I do want to talk about some big deals going on in sports. I feel like it's like a turning point as far as how we consume all of our media actually in the sports world. But what company do you think I just read might have to shut down after one hundred and thirty three years. Think about where things have gone in our life technology wise, there's your little hint, but a major company might be calling it quits. Wow, really, I'll give it away with one more hint. Yeah, Pitbull shouts him out two times in a song. Kodak, Kodak, think about it, Kodak. Does anyone who I mean cameras in film like actually rhymes Kodak with Kodak, which is always bothered me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Kodak, they're saying, after almost one hundred and fifty years, might have to close up shop. There's so many old school companies that when you think about it, just the other day, you're talking about newspapers and magazines and things that meant so much. I know Kaveno's on the History Channel quite a bit. Yeah, Well, they misstepped, like Blockbuster and like Toys R RUSS. Instead of moving with technology, they sort of fell behind. But when at one point they were the league leaders. Blockbuster's big mistake no film. They really leaned into film. Film we need film. Blockbuster's big misstep was they decided that no late fees was more important than trying to go digital. Maybe like no, no, the digital who cares no late fees?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 2: But yeah, Kodak was you know one that's going away and again, because we're constantly evolving, which set of ties into where I wanted to go? Here cove which was you saw Dana White and the UFC knowun cahoots with Paramount Plus. Breaking news yesterday, UFC agreed to a seven year, seven point seven million dollar exclusive US media right and Paramount Plus. Beginning in twenty twenty six, all UFC events will stream on Paramount Plus, with select events also airing on CBS. And that sort of coincides with what Turkey Ala Chic and the World the Boxing said recently. He said no more pay per views moving forward. He said he believed it ruined the sport, and I get it because it was great at one time. We all tuned in to watch Mike Tyson knock people out. Sometimes you paid a lot of money just for ninety seconds.
Speaker 3: But you made I'm not be doing what I'm sorry. You paid a lot of money for ninety seconds. Yeah, watching Mike Jos, Yeah, watching pay per views.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you were thinking, but yeah, because then I would have said thirty seconds, but ninety seconds to watch a fight. And then again it was Mike Tyson, So you would do that, but you start losing a grasp and interest on the sport when you had to pay for every goofy fight where you didn't even know the people anymore. So sort of ruined the sport where he said he wanted to turn that around. So with Turkey Ala Chic making moves and boxing in fact, with Dana White and then Dana White making this d with paramount plus for UFC seven point seven billion dollars? Is it the death of pay per view? And I think it is. We talked about cable TV and how does anyone even have cable anymore? Because like I'll watch my met games on the MLB app, you have Sunday Ticket or Red Zone for NFL, And I don't know if you just saw ESPN and Fox are launching a new Ultimate Sports bundle.
Speaker 3: Did you see this? So I did we all canceled? Another breaking story?
Speaker 2: Yep, we all canceled cable to now just have all these apps and streaming services that.
Speaker 3: Are adding up to more than what our cable bill is.
Speaker 2: You're right, you're still paying, but you're not paying the same way, So no more pay per views?
Speaker 3: Most likely.
Speaker 2: Yesterday ESPN and Fox announced a plan to bundle their direct to consumer offerings. The agreement will allow consumers to purchase the two services bundled together starting October tewod for thirty nine to ninety nine per month. Did you say, I did say offerings offerings And that was according to Yah Who's Sports Yesterday, Breaking News, Fox won. So with all these changes with Dana White, with Turkey Ala chic and what used to be a fun thing but then it became an expensive thing? Is pay per view the newest to say goodbye?
Speaker 3: Yeah? IDPV no longer.
Speaker 2: I think we're looking at a world where and I don't you know, I feel like it's a very boomer thing to say, so I won't harp on it. But the whole idea of you know, our cable bills were like one hundred two hundred bucks and we're like f this And at first you're like, I'll just go Netflix, and then Netflix has since like tripled in price.
Speaker 3: Remember Netflix is like five to ten bucks a month.
Speaker 2: I feel like my Netflix bill, I don't know offhand what it's like twenty thirty bucks.
Speaker 4: Now Netflix, all these streaming services have killed us with the price heights.
Speaker 3: And you know what, I don't mind, because I enjoy my entertainment.
Speaker 5: But Hulu HBO he got his double was like two years ago.
Speaker 3: Hulu's more into Disney Plus. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then so I have Hulu Live and Disney and which will now be Disney and then Paramount Plus, which I got for Dexter, And now I'm like, well, I guess I'll keep it if I get UFC now on Paramount Plus. But and HBO is now HBO Max again and tonight episode two of Hard Knocks Buffalo Bills if anyone's watching, just a reminder there. I mean, you got all these things streaming and you're paying everywhere, Yeah, but you might not be paying for pay per view. That's that's sort of an interesting thought, right, Like I get it, and we have to accept it.
Speaker 3: It is what it is, right.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're gonna end up paying forty bucks or your sports bundle. You're gonna pay for Paramount Plus, You're gonna pay for HBO. You gonna pay for Netflix and Hulu and Petecock and everything.
Speaker 4: Crime. Don't forget about the NFL Sunday ticket. You have to have YouTube TV to be able to have your Sunday ticket, So I have to pay the eighty dollars a month or whatever it is to get YouTube TV every NFL season.
Speaker 3: My cable bill. We're just gonna spend a couple hundred bucks in other streaming services, which is say fine with me, find with you. I'm sure.
Speaker 2: But another said question rich based on technology, what are you gonna do? What was the saddest for you to say goodbye to? For me, it was Toys r Us At one point, I remember taking my daughter there, like take it in, it's going away. She's like what I'm like, yeah, no more, Yeah, no more toys are Rus.
Speaker 3: That was kind of sad. I'm not gonna lie, it is sort of lame Toys r Us. Kid.
Speaker 2: When you're taking your kids to a birthday party, which is I'm sure a lot of people listening live that mom or dad life where every weekend or so you got to bring your it's not those little kids to someone's birthday party. You know, Jackson's party at David Busters or you know little Eleanor's party at the.
Speaker 3: Clay An Amazon gift card. Yeah so but I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying you like Amazon gift card, You're like, let's stop at Target, Like, yeah, the toy store is not Target shouldn't be the toy store, but it sort of is now, so you know they're trying to make a comeback. We know it exists in pop up for little pop Up form. But Jeffrey the Giraffe isn't the same as he used to be, he Steve, Yeah, you still got Fao Schwartz. Okay, yeah that's still around.
Speaker 5: Or I saw one Schwartz. There's no te Okay Schwartz, it's Fao Schwartz. Schwartz, Okay Schwartz whatever.
Speaker 4: I've always called Schwartz. All right, no t Schwarz. If you're a new parent, the Toys r Us not being around is a big hit. CoA turned two last week and uh, my better half an eye. We were daydreaming about bringing him to Toys r Us that day to let him pick a couple of toys.
Speaker 2: And you remember how exciting that was doing you and how you begged your parents to take you Ki.
Speaker 4: My mom used to drop me and my brother off there and let the employees their babysit us for two hours. I'll be back in a couple hours.
Speaker 2: There was something magical about Toys r Us where they'd have the bike aisle, they'd have the action figures, the puzzles, the every you know, the video game section. I remember even like the secondary ones, remember like KB KB toys. What were you doing there for three hours? Danny G was the guy opening up the Crocodile mile and using it in the store. He was doing slipping slide down all three.
Speaker 4: They had the demo video game section, remember, so we would just stand there and play video game.
Speaker 3: You're on the pogo ball man, just jumping around the store for three hours, Danny hear him back four hours. Man.
Speaker 2: They thought it was like a plate play place for Danny G. But yeah, listen, while we are spending more.
Speaker 3: Money on other avenues. Can't deny that. And you know what, he was real sad when the twinkie went away then it came back. What are you gonna do, a bitch and complain about it?
Speaker 2: But the reality is, though, it is sort of cool to know that every weekend, though one of your buddies, if not you, has the Zone or ESPN and the Fox Bundle that's coming out, someone'll have Paramount Plus.
Speaker 3: So the idea of UFC and boxing.
Speaker 2: To me, it just sounds like more passwords to to figure out. Yeah, don't you hate. What don't you hate when you reset your password? Window when you reset your password and like you can't use the previous one.
Speaker 3: I'm like, then that add a one to it.
Speaker 2: It means I have to start new friendships because they have subscriptions to things I don't.
Speaker 3: Now I need a new paramount friend who's got MGM plus exactly.
Speaker 4: Let's have that.
Speaker 2: Let's add them to the friend group. Hey, what was your favorite but my pay per view?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: What is it like a WrestleMania three or like a butt bongo fiesta. No, but one of my buddies would be the guy who doesn't love a butt bongo fiesta.
Speaker 3: Sounds fun, But I did have that one buddy.
Speaker 2: Whose dad would always get the Tyson pay per views wrestle To me as a kid growing up in the eighties and nineties, wrestling pay per views and Tyson fights were definitely top notch. Looking back, yeah, I'm sure most people would say some sort of WrestleMania would be their favorite moment or a Tyson fight, But I really, looking back, I love the early days of the tough Man fights, the tough Men competitions, and the early days of UFC when it was actual like sumos fighting jiu jitsu dudes, Like, we get that kind of thing early. We could complain because rightfully, so, it's gonna cost a lot of money to watch all your football games. All these streaming services are now adding up to more than our cable bill was. But you got to point out the good too, right, Like there are things that have changed that are better. You buy concert tickets or show tickets or airline tickets, just to think, in our childhood, you could book I saw your buddy Mario Lopez Covino joke about this the other day on Instagram. He goes, when you book a vacation even though you can do it on your phone, He's like, you ever break out the laptop for like bigger purchases because it doesn't feel right, Yes, spending thousands of dollars on your phone. He's like, no, I gotta break out. I gotta break out the MacBook for this. I'm not I'm not booking a five thousand dollars vacation on my phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now you're able to see it really clearly, every detail.
Speaker 2: But just to think, like if your parents had a fan vacation, you don't realize the.
Speaker 3: Pain in the ass.
Speaker 2: They probably went through to their travel agent, a travel agent, and like, like now you could just go to hotels dot com, Hotels Tonight, you know, Kayak or price line, you go anywhere. Back then, your parents had to like strategically make appointments at a travel age. And you're dresting like some lady named Cindy at the travel agency. Cindy, you sure this is the best deal for her. She has a booklet she's showing you, like little pictures and everything. And the other day, you know, Danny, you book concert tickets or ball game tickets.
Speaker 3: You could go to Ticketmaster.
Speaker 2: You could go to stub pub, Vivid, Seed, Sea, Geek, all these places to find your best deal. Back then, I remember, even in the two thousands, waiting outside of Chase Stadium for when tickets went on sale for the playoffs. Do you remember standing outside a record store for the tickets?
Speaker 4: Remember the ticket booths in stadium parking lots, in the lines going up to the window.
Speaker 2: No doubt that the next to the will call. Remember figuring out what will call meant the first like, oh that ties into what we said. Yeah, I had no idea what I'm like, I'm here to see will call will William, call Bill.
Speaker 3: Bill, he goes, I don't know.
Speaker 2: His name, Bill, I will call you back. You remember they will call window the first time I heard that. Not even know if new stadiums have a ticket window.
Speaker 3: They do a lot of them. Do they still will call yeah?
Speaker 4: Windows absolutely.
Speaker 3: So we say goodbye to pay per views.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is there are some things I'm not sad to say goodbye to, waiting in line for concert tickets, going to a travel agent to book things.
Speaker 3: Let's be honest. But not the penny. Where the penny's gone? Right?
Speaker 2: They stopped making them once, he said to see as pennies. I'm not saying it's Ben Mallorre gonna do it out his pennies.
Speaker 3: I do you know.
Speaker 2: What I don't miss having to carry around cash. I know some people that's going away. I mean, but cash is still king in a lot of places. But who carries cash?
Speaker 7: Cash?
Speaker 2: That's why I say all hobos definitely should have a Venmo account. Honestly, the other day so like I felt bad because I did want to help someone else, Like, yeah, you got any spirit change like spare change you need you need a Venmo code.
Speaker 3: My man, like you need you know, I know what it was.
Speaker 2: I was at a venue and it was an open bar, but I wanted to tip the bartender. And I'm like, yo, dude, you got a venmo. He's like, Yo, let me find that. I'm like, dude, no offense. You should have it right now, print it out and be like, kindly accept thettude on your forehead because the reality is who has a five dollars bill in their pocket or ten or twenty to like tip a bartender? So the one thing I won't miss to tie this all together, buying pay per views you take in your chances. Do you really want to spend eighty bucks for a Canelo fight or a UFC event when you're not sure it's even a fight you want to watch? But again, someone will have paramount with like the Zone though, because what the Zone does is they have a monthly subscription for the app and then they still charge you for those big fights.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: But if Turkey Ala Chica is the one putting these big fights together, he's saying, Nah, we'll see what happens in the future, but it looks like it's going away.
Speaker 3: Dale in Ohio, what's up, Dale?
Speaker 2: You're wrong with seeing r eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox Everything at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 6: What's up, Budy, Hey, you were talking about that Jade Girl song. How about the nineteen seventy song Afternoon Delight?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What about that song is about?
Speaker 6: You don't know what that means?
Speaker 3: You know, how's go as far as not knowing what it means? Yeah, it's like an ice cream Sunday in the afternoon. Yeah. Yeah, it's like do noon Delight, just a little little dessert after Noon Delight, the sky rockets in flight.
Speaker 2: So your thoughts at Covin and Rich eight seven seven nine nine on Fox and No, we're gonna do coming up next, We're gonna reward you for hanging with us this morning giveaway prize. It's our way of bribing people to check out our regular show and giving back again. We're giving away bribery balls, but in the form of IOUs which are just as good as money.
Speaker 1: You know, that's as good as money, sir, Those are I O us.
Speaker 2: I will say we have a new rule. We have a new rule for playing our games here on new rule. New rule, Okay, okay, new rule, Bill Marstyle, Danny if we're gonna give away a prize, the person that has to confirm that they are subscribed to our YouTube page.
Speaker 3: I like that because you can't.
Speaker 2: I'm giving you anything if you can't simply subscribe for free.
Speaker 4: So thanks for holding our listeners hostage.
Speaker 2: I will definitely do that. Eight seven seven nine nine one Fox. We'll give away some prizes next. If you want to do some NFL trivia. Oh J by the way, don't don't be scarred as as you used to say. Don't do that. Just call eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. It's a multiple choice, so it's easy, easy, beautiful showtime. Mahomes Broke. Mahomes comes here to ask some questions and all you have to do is answer right, you win, Bob bam.
Speaker 3: All right, We do that next right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Pauly Fools Go ahead with Tony Foosco.
Speaker 8: Yeah, as everybody knows, we're the hosts of the award winning Paully and Tony Foodsco Show. Yeah, but instead of us telling you how great we are. Here's how Dan Patrick described us when he came on our show.
Speaker 2: Quick, knowledgeable and funny, opinionated.
Speaker 1: What are you doing interrupting our promo? Yeah, it wasn't talking about you. You took those clips totally out of context.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, well after this promo, I'm gonna take you out and beat you.
Speaker 3: Let me put this into context.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Anyway, just listen to the Paully and Tony Fosco Show on iart Radio, Apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Yeing, Covino and Rich. We're a normally here, but we're here early in the morning for Dan Patrick today. We'll be on again tomorrow and Friday, so catch the podcast search Covino and Rich revery shooting your podcast. Shout out to all the affiliates. Thank you guys for hanging out with us. Thank you Dan Patrick nation in live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Rapid Radios, the official walkie talkie of The Dan Patrick Show, is a push to talk nationwide LTE coverage service, no subscriptions required. Stay connected with your family and emergencies anywhere. Visit rapid radios dot com now for up to sixty percent off and free shipping. Yeah, all right, let's take let's say a couple quick phone calls and then we'll play our game.
Speaker 3: Let's say how to Adam and Tampa. What's up Adam?
Speaker 7: Hey, you guys should play Backdoor Santa later. That's another good song.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 6: I wanted to bring up I maybe showing my age here, but I remember when I had scramblers for the cable box.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so you can get illegal cable. And I also remember a friend of mine was a high school janitor and he was able to get the free direct TV cards from a kid at the school who was able to scramble all the cards, so you could get any type of direct TV cable you wanted.
Speaker 2: Oh, old sideburns. Yeah, it was up to scams old cable boxes. I remember there was always a hetriaks, like if you held it a certain way, like you could see of like a scrambled boob.
Speaker 9: Oh no, no joke, dude. When we first start our cable box back in the early eighties, you could stick a butter knife inside the box and hit one of the connections. Boom, unscrambled the Playboy channel just like that.
Speaker 2: Boobies everywhere there is Big Mike Place. Yeah, alright, let's say hi to Baker in Illinois. What's up, Bakery.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry could do this, but as a chef, I have to correct you. There is vodka in vodka in vodka sas.
Speaker 3: I think I was more. I was more, there wasn't. I was more referencing that like it was an alcoholic Like I.
Speaker 2: Think what rich meant? It's not going to get you drunk? Yeah, mean mean, yeah, I get it, Baker. I appreciate you bringing that up, because that's like when someone would cook with wine like they were like drunk.
Speaker 3: A brazen beer. You know you're not gonna get intox kid off beer, Battered fries are not going to get you hammered.
Speaker 4: So uh.
Speaker 2: But yeah, there is technically vodka in vodka sauce, but again it burns off.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do this. Let's play showtime Mahomes Trivia.
Speaker 1: Come on, the mostly lovable Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 3: Truth is, I want everybody to love me, not just the reps.
Speaker 1: It's time for some NFL trivia.
Speaker 6: But I'm here.
Speaker 1: I'm here, Yes, we know you're here.
Speaker 3: Patrick Mahomes, here to play show I'm a.
Speaker 4: Home trivia all right, FSR security walking our broke Patrick into the main studio.
Speaker 3: You guys, a big time in for Dan Patrick. Hey, good morning, Hey.
Speaker 4: It's up. How's your preseason so far?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I was one for one, one yard, one touchdown. We lost, but I brought the heat. But feeling good. Good to be here.
Speaker 4: Whatever you're pointing your teammates for the loss, absolutely.
Speaker 3: Cardinals, don't worry. It means nothing. Preseason means nothing.
Speaker 4: All right, let's meet the contestants. Twenty four time winner Rich Davis right, olay, let's go in for twenty time champion Dan Byer is Big Mike who doesn't run anything that is Patrick and eight time champion Spotty Boy right over there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, a big number nine looking.
Speaker 4: To win an upcoming CNR nerve football in our next shipment. Here, let's go to the studio lines, Big Micha, I'll use you for this. Would you love to travel too? Beautiful San Diego, California, Corpus Christy, Texas, Wittier, California, Whittier where the girls are prettier or downtown La.
Speaker 9: I mean, let's get out of La. Let's get out of California. Let's go to Texas, Corpus Christ.
Speaker 4: Wait, all right, you want to talk to Kevin? What up? keV?
Speaker 3: Hey keV?
Speaker 6: I'm going on guy quick. No, man, I discovered you guys because I'm a big dad Patuss from bron On. Now I'm listening to you guys every day.
Speaker 4: Brother.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you mama. That's how we go big time.
Speaker 4: All right, time?
Speaker 3: Hey, Patrick Mahomes here with somebody.
Speaker 4: By the way, really quick, keV? What do you do for What do you do for a living there in Texas? I'm out here?
Speaker 6: Slang in uniforms by many.
Speaker 4: Here are the rules for showtime of homes NFL Trivia. The first contestant with two correct answers is the champ. If there's a tie, we have a tie breaker question. Your name is your buzzer, but you do have to wait until all three possible answers are read. If there's two wrong answers in a row, we move on to the next question.
Speaker 3: Are you ready now, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Let's get it on.
Speaker 2: Damn right, I'm ready, twenty four days away, baby, let's go. All right, I'm here, Patrick Mahomes, gonna be on a TV show two Someday nineteen seventy three, Fred Dreyer aka Hunter became the first player to score two safeties in a single game.
Speaker 3: Which team was he on when this happened? A? The Rams, be the Packers or see the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Right, bet, Big Mike the Rams? Yes, well La Rams.
Speaker 3: Wow, Mike's bringing the boom.
Speaker 4: Hunter was already in Hollywood. All right, we move on to round two, Big Mic on the board.
Speaker 3: So far was I once quoted saying about youth sports? Sedigan?
Speaker 2: What was I once quoted saying about youth sports? Oh?
Speaker 3: Youth sports? A kids in sports?
Speaker 2: It makes such an impact in life with the lessons that you learn. B I'm excited to coach my own kids and be a junior Andy Reid or see in Pop Warner Football. I was on the Raiders, and that's one of the reasons I love Max Crosby so much.
Speaker 4: Kelevy, Hey, yeah, yeah, Boo. Bring keV halfway to a CNUR prize bringing the heat. All right, Big Mic and Kevin on the board. As we go to round three.
Speaker 3: All right, Patrick mahomes here, what up?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 3: Patrick? Nation? Let's go round three.
Speaker 2: In two thousand, who became the first team to make our first round picks in the same draft. Who was the first team to make four first round picks in the same draft?
Speaker 4: Four of them?
Speaker 3: Four of them? Hey the Browns be the Chargers or see the Jets n.
Speaker 4: Keev keV for the win Brown No, Rich Rich for the steal?
Speaker 3: What was Sea again? See was the Jets? Jets?
Speaker 4: Yes, boom three way tie just like that, keV, Big, Mike and Rich Yeah.
Speaker 2: Shown Elis twelfth, Abraham thirteenth, Pennington eighteenth, and Back twenty seven.
Speaker 3: All right, round four worked out well for them.
Speaker 9: Around those are some winner picks for the Jet.
Speaker 4: Let's try to snap this tie with round four.
Speaker 2: All right, Round four, which NFL kicker broke the record for the most field goals in a single game with eight a Sebastian Jenakowski of the Raiders, b Rob Baronis of the Titans.
Speaker 3: Or see greg'ser line of the Rams.
Speaker 4: Big Mic for the win b.
Speaker 2: Correct seven versus the Texans. Way to go, Mike, way to steal the prize from our caller man like wait to let it.
Speaker 3: You know, I would like to donate my winnings to keV.
Speaker 4: Unprecedented move. All right, Corpus Christy, you're gonna get a gift from CNR courtesy a big Mic.
Speaker 3: Big Mic is transferring his iou over to Kevin. That's right.
Speaker 2: And by the way, if you if you watching, if you're watching on our Fox Sports Radio YouTube channel, that is not an age Stone Colt, Steve Boston.
Speaker 3: That's Big Mica runs this place.
Speaker 2: It was Rick Faull Stars when I got here. There isn't Thank you Mike, and thank you guys. It's a pleasure being on my my third favorite show again. Number two being Dan Patrick. Number three being you guys, Cavino and Rich. Number one New Heights, Baby, Taylor Swift, can't wait, can't wait, New Heights, Kelsey Jeeves, let's go twenty four days baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Thanks Patrick, better luck in your second preseason gear.
Speaker 3: See Patrick.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to see Max Crosby sack him.
Speaker 2: Patrick mahomes way too hyped up for the mornings here on Dan Patrick. I know it's uh, I know it's a little eye roll, ye because we know that everyone for the next forty eight hours you're gonna be talking about Taylor Swift. On Kelsey's podcast, her Big Album Reveal, she reveals she has a new album.
Speaker 3: Patrick wouldn't stop talking about I saw him in the lobby. Travis Kelsey and Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: It's a new era.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: The sad reality is that I guess it's not so sad. It'll likely be the most listened to podcast ever. Oh is that out a doubt?
Speaker 3: You think so?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean the thing is they're not hateable in any way, so I'm not mad about it.
Speaker 3: But again it's it's.
Speaker 2: I'd imagine a really a sit down with Taylor and anyone would get a lot of views. Kelsey already has a high rated podcast. I can only imagine that this would this would break some times like Grogan interview or something.
Speaker 3: I agree with you.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the takeaways like did you hear that there's a new record in town? Two new records, Taylor Swift's record, and the record of people listening to this podcast.
Speaker 3: I'd imagine so.
Speaker 2: And my question for you is they released one other statement from Travis Kelsey was interviewed, I believe by GQ. Well he's on isn't he on the cover? I saw the photos. I'm pretty sure it's the cover, is it not?
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 2: What he loves about Taylor? One of the things is that she's just like his mom. And it sometimes back to.
Speaker 3: That David Justice David Justice story where.
Speaker 2: He said halle Berry wasn't doing cooking and cleaning and all the stuff his mom did, and he just wasn't used to dating a woman that didn't do those type of things. Do you subconsciously feel like we want to be with a woman like our mom because I feel like my mother is nothing like.
Speaker 3: It has to be subconscious and women date men like their father.
Speaker 2: Doctor Melfie always said that everything goes back to your mutta muny, thing you know goes back to your mom. But as far as dating, I was always looking for it, and I say this respectfully the opposite. I would see how my mom, and she's the best mom in the world. I have a smother. She smothered me with love almost too much. But she would, as my dad would say, bust his chops all the time. So I would say to myself, here's what's interesting, man, I'm never gonna be so on a bust at my chops And subconsciously, what did I end up.
Speaker 3: With every woman you've dated? His only bust right squeezing my shoes all day? But they hen peck you so consciously.
Speaker 2: I'm like, hell no, subconsciously, it's what you end up with. So maybe there is truth to that. They would they want to talk about daddy issues and mommy issues so much if it wasn't a thing. Travis Kelsey says Taylor shifts just like Mamma Kelsey, and he gushes over the organic quote unquote organic relationship as they put it. He opens up and says that the pop superstars just like his Mommy gushed over his new relationship in GQ, and mom pointed out how they have similar qualities, like ideal qualities that he looks for in a woman, Like Kelsey, I think we're all going to take from our childhood, you know, for year, for years, I feel like, uh, people have denied like, oh I no, no, do you really look for someone or you know, do your parents have an impact on you? And the answer is yes, Like you may not want to, you know, we always assumed it has to do with looks. No, it could just be personality qualities, like you know, Taylor Swift and his mom apparently both are very kind to everyone in the room, and you know, looking for someone that's just kind and apparently they are in love and that'll be your most listening to podcast ever.
Speaker 3: That's tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That's tomorrow. Patrick mahomes really excited about it. Are you excited about it? Props to them? It'll be number one without a doubt. Well, like I said, a trailer dropped yesterday of the interview within minutes, like twenty over twenty million people within minutes. It really it's really just one line. It was first saying that we're really going to do this, aren't we?
Speaker 3: What did she say? Like that color looks good on you? And he's wearing like a blue shirt. He's like, it's a color of your eyes, baby. Yeah, to talk about the bleeping podcast? Or yeah, really, are we really about to do a bleeping podcast?
Speaker 5: And again, BET's people, it was thirteen seconds. There's some kind of relevance for that significance.
Speaker 3: She reveals the album of their new stuff.
Speaker 2: All right, now, I gotta ask you said this before, Kavino, but I want to dive in for a few minutes before you get out.
Speaker 3: Of here today.
Speaker 2: So Cousta got it. We got a good half hour left. Do you think every winning team, every championship caliber team, needs some type of magic? You see magic, I say corny rally crying. I don't think every team needs that. I think that's kind of lame. It's gimmicky, okay, And I say that because there's a team in Major League Basic you're crasping for moments. But there's a team in baseball that has won ten in a row, and they joke about how it might have to do with a pancake and a pocket. If you don't know what we're talking about, we'll get to that next. Last year, I'll tell you, I think you could argue your Dodgers won the World Series, but outside the dog there was nothing more fun than watching the Mets playoff run And that was all Grimace and Hawk to a girl and all like those gimmicks kept a fan base alive in a way. And we'll talk about that next gimmicky. Or does a team need something like that? Do they need some mojo, something a rally behind. We'll get to that next in for Dan Patrick Kavin on Rich.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. It's Covino and Rich Steve Covino and Rich Davis. Steve Cavino from Union, New Jersey, Rich Davis Franklin Square, Long Island. We live out here on the West Side and Mean Streets of a broadcasting live.
Speaker 3: From the Mario Ato Loco.
Speaker 2: Live on Fox Sports Radio in for DP and for over forty years, Tyrak has been helping customers find the right tires for how and where they drive. Ship fast and free back by a free road hazard protection with convenient installation options like mobile tire Installation, tire Ac, dot Com.
Speaker 3: Tire Act the way tire buying should be.
Speaker 2: Now before we run out of time's getting late early tomorrow, Rich, We're in for DP again and we do two things. We give away more prizes trying to bribe people to check out our regular show five to seven on the East Monday through Friday. And we have a bonus podcast called over Promised on Fox Sports Radios YouTube page. Over Promised. Every Wednesday on our show, we do Mike Big Mike runs this Place. Yeah, you know Mike, the guy that was just here. He looks like Rick from Pond Stars.
Speaker 4: Mike.
Speaker 2: He does Words of Wisdom and you have to repeat him verbatim for a prize. We'll do that tomorrow. Plus Midweek Major. The biggest stories in the world of sports and pop culture are the stories.
Speaker 3: Mid Week or Major.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that mania on the showgram Let me give you a preview, and you tell me if you think this story is Midweek or Major. The Milwaukee Brewers winners of ten in a row, hottest team in baseball, best record in baseball.
Speaker 3: So hot. Want to touch the heini that Veronica v on. This one piece of ace.
Speaker 2: Brewers hottest team in baseball, tan in a row, and they all attributed to manager Pat Murphy's pancakes. What does that even mean? Well, mid interview, right when this winning streak started.
Speaker 3: You've always talked about Pat Murphy's cakes.
Speaker 2: I always have Murph's pocket pancakes are now going to be sold at the stadium starting this week. Now he pulled a pancake out of his pocket, and now the fans are rallying behind this.
Speaker 4: Why why did he this? I don't know the origin of this. A mini pancake. They're like, they call him pocket pancakes.
Speaker 3: The power of the pocket pancake did have lint on it? When he pulled it out.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what he probably I mean, I'm guessing. I don't know the backstory. I saw the clip, but he's just rolling by the buffet or whatever in the clubhouse, picks one up, puts it in his back pocket for later. Next thing, he knows he's being interviewed, and he takes a little bite out of it.
Speaker 4: The team says it used to be little bagels that he had in his pocket, he little waffles, and the latest thing, I guess are small pancakes in his pocket.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I love it because I do think that. Now Cavino would say, oh, you just love gimmicky nonsense, But I do feel like every winning team.
Speaker 3: Not everyone. Some people just believe in winning and playing good baseball. It's not about gimmicky goofiness.
Speaker 5: No, what's that thing you always say that that phrase you gotta swing something in your step and something in.
Speaker 2: Your bass swinging? Am I steppan a pancake in dar is Kyle Dunnagan? I gotta give him problems? So here's what I mean by that. I always take it back to the goofy ass rally monkey. I thought that was the corniest thing ever. The rally Monkey. That's what the Angels are remembered for. That world series twenty three years ago with that Inspizio's weak ass soul patch, that's.
Speaker 3: What you're remembered for. And that's so corny, dude. It was so gimmicky.
Speaker 2: I guess it worked because the fans and the team rallied behind it. It gave something to bond over and run with. And everyone has a slogan like I remember in ninety six, he was ninety six, Mariano Duncan would say, we played today, we went till day dos si dos c it and that became like their T shirt, and of course the cowboy ups and everybody's got something goofy. I'm not really into that. Really sounds play like the Mets. I hate how they lean into any little thing like, oh, that's the good luck thing and that's where we go on a run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, last year, how many gimmicks you had.
Speaker 2: Between Timmy Trumpet's grimace, the stupid song, the OMG, I mean, how hawk to a girl? How many gimmicks do you need? You're looking, You're grasping that straw to find where the turning point is. To me, all the things you just said, you water everything down with that, all the things you just said, I feel the complete opposite. I feel like last year the Mets were the most exciting team in baseball. They just bumped into a better team than the Dodgers in the playoffs. But the Mets were winning, but they were winning in dramatic fashion, and they had people dress it up like Grimace. They had you know, Iglacius, who's now in the padres. Well, some gimmicky things are more fun than others, and the whole, the whole sentiment last year is that, well, the Mets didn't go all the way, they were the most fun team to watch. And I feel that way when teams do have gimmicks, like when you see the Mariners and someone hits a home run, they have their their like Titan sphere like that they hold like I tried it the Trident. I love that type of stuff. This is a Titans figure.
Speaker 3: I don't know what it is. I believe you're right, Sam.
Speaker 2: But and of course the Dodgers the goofy hip flexer thing.
Speaker 4: But for rallying for the Dodgers back it probably five to seven years ago. Do you remember the rally banana? I think it was probably twenty fifteen right around there. Key K Hernandez put the You've seen people wear those banana costumes from the whist Up and Key K used to put that on. They called it the rally banana at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I'm opposed to fun. I want to make that clear. Fun is great in the sports and we should lean into that. I just feel like some of these are over the top.
Speaker 3: I want to be a rally banana.
Speaker 4: Your head is too big for that. Cast dude.
Speaker 3: I think they're all fun.
Speaker 2: And again, if you're a Milwaukee Brewer, I feel like it becomes the Mets identity. I feel like the Mets ruin it. It's like you have one, you stick with it, you know, like try to find one and then you suck, and then you try to find another one and you suck again and you try to find another one.
Speaker 3: See. I think the key is if it happens naturally.
Speaker 2: It's like viral video, right, you got you can't force something to be like, let's make.
Speaker 1: It go viral.
Speaker 2: DN the Mets force these things. No, no, no, I think the Mets. I think these things for the Mets have been natural. I think right now. I think when your team is like, oh man, we got we have a weak buzz going on right now, we need to find something, I think that's when it seems forced and lame. I think the fact pancake thing was sort of organic. I don't think he meant to go viral and and for this to become a thing because Murphy made a pancake out of his pocket. And again, not just to talk about my Mets, but last year was a great example when the Mets were playing awful grimace throughout the first pitch and then the Mets got hot and we're the best team in baseball like a month and a half. So the fact that like it's like and fans were wearing the purple costume, that's funny. When Pat Murphy, manager of the Brewers, eats a pancake out of his pocket and the most cavalier wearing people like, wait a minute, did you see a pancake in your pocket? And now it's like yo, the rally pancake. To me, I lean into those things. When you try to force it, it is it's like forcing a viral video. You can't make it happen. You could have the funniest thing, but if you try to force it, no good.
Speaker 3: Danny and I were talking about this yesterday.
Speaker 5: I immediately thought of that scene from Napoleon Dynamite where he had the tots in his pocket. Yeah, and the guy's like, Napoleon, give me some of your tots and you know, and then he said no, and then he crushed him with his foot. I thought of that with a pancake, pocket pocket pancake.
Speaker 2: I think in college football you see this with like, you know, when a guy gets a big player in an interception, they might have some big necklace or something they wear. Or home runs every team that that's fun, that's tradition. I'm not mad at that. I'm mad at the Forceth moment. I don't know what it is with the Mets this year. They when someone hits a home run, they hold up some big flip flop. Now have you seen that. Every team's got their own dugout thing they might wear like a like a warrior big helmet, or it's like a samurai thing.
Speaker 3: Like everyone's got something.
Speaker 2: If it doesn't seem forced, I love it, but I think every good team it seems to be a bit of a superstition too though, right like that just goes hand in hand with sports, sort of like a good luck charm at this point, like you need to do those things or lean into those things to keep that streak going. Well, we got what forty games left in the baseball season, now, forty games left, and Rich and I have a bet, by the way, DP Nation, Yankees are Mets, who has the better record? It's one thousand dollars bet. Of course I'm rooting for my Yankees, Rich rooting for his Mets, And for every game more it's another one hundred bucks. And as of right now, right now, you're up by eight half a game, half a game. So after all this, we're even practically almost that about so twenty four days away from football, forty games left to baseball. It's a good time, good time to be a sports fan, for sure. And we'll be back tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your Taco Tuesday here on Fox Sports Radio again. Subscribe to our YouTube page. We'd appreciate that. We'll see you back here tomorrow or Riven there you baby, see you in the Promised Land.
Speaker 3: Dick Nippy guys laid up