Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong is Joe Getty arm Strong and Getty and Key Armstrong and Jetty the brom Studio c say, San you your honesty to come home to interimation has begun. He put them the bowels of the Armstrong in Getty Communications Compound and today we are toiling. Under the title of the show two to two World Cup related headlines. To choose from number one Spain crappy Ali excellent soccer team or if you prefer. World Cup Final was anti entertainment. It sucked entertainment out of the universe.
Speaker 2: Why it's interesting. I'm working on the other side of the street now. I thought it was awesome in terms of excitement the game. Yeah, I've gotten into now and I thought it was amazingly exciting.
Speaker 1: I hate World Cup Finals. They're too cautious. Everybody's so afraid of making a mistake, is just and I love the sport.
Speaker 2: I got into it for the first time in my life, but you know what I made the mistake of.
Speaker 1: For the first time. And I don't know how many years.
Speaker 2: I was rude, like I had an emotional interest in one team winning, and I haven't done that in years. I used to be a big sports fan, and I get wrapped up in various teams, and you know how it is. If you're really into a team and they lose, it's painful. It's like something bad has happened in your life, and it's like, it's what's painful, It's like a loss. Yeah, there's feel hard in the expression since they lost. But I hadn't done that in forever, and I got sucked into the Argentina thing because I'm I don't know anything about soccer, and Messi's the most famous player. I started watching Argentina.
Speaker 1: At the beginning and every every game they'd fall behind and they'd come back and win it at the very end, and it was just amazingly excited and I got emotionally invested. And so because of that, them losing yesterday, I'm not enjoying hearing a freaking word about this tournament.
Speaker 2: Everything I hear about it is making me miserable. I want to move on with my life.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, he runs hot and cold, folks. I'll tell you what. When Argentina did mount a couple of threats very late, I thought, here it goes again, here we go. Well, what Messi's fault?
Speaker 2: He put a pass right there in the middle of the guy had kicked it up in the stands idiots. Anyway, I got to decide, is it better to root for it, get into sports and root for a team or not. Man, when they're winning, it's sure fun and the ride is sure fun when your team wins. But man, when they lose, it's just like, what am I doing with my life if I spend me emotional, emotion.
Speaker 1: And time on this. I think that's the classic case though, that it's the small amount of negative that goes with all the positive. I never did get to actually digging into this great piece by Arthur Brooks about how sports fans are happier, And it's not that happier people become sports fans, it's that the whole sense of community it makes people happier.
Speaker 2: Well, if nothing else, you're paying attention to something that doesn't really matter, And maybe that's a good distraction from.
Speaker 1: The real world. Yeah, sure, yeah, maybe it's that. I don't know, but I'm not enjoying hearing a word about that soccer, so I'll have to force myself to talk about it.
Speaker 2: I am kind of interested. I'll be interested to see what the ratings were. They've been telling me every thing that ever happens in soccer my whole life, that this is the turning point, this is where Americans fall in love with soccer, and it's never really happened. But they're saying that again this time around, and we'll see. I'd be interested in what the ratings were. When there are two teams playing that weren't the United States. Thirty three million people watch the United States lose to Belgium, and that was the biggest crowd that had ever watched a soccer match ever.
Speaker 1: In US history. So I'm interested to see what yesterday was. It's got to be a boost. I mean, your your major league soccer. It's got to see at least a little goosing of the numbers. I would expect that we'll see. You know, it strikes me, since I spent so much time thinking and talking about geopolitics, when a country like Belgium beats of the United States, that's just wrong. A bunch of cheese eaten water up to their ankles, low country goofs. They got nothing, they got no economy, they got a couple of pretty cities, but all of them have gone downhill. I don't remember if I don't think you were here.
Speaker 2: When I came back after fourth of July, I read one piece that I thought was really really good about your Welcome World about how the fact that we don't care about soccer allows the World Cup to be interesting. If we cared about soccer, we'd win every time, and it wouldn't be interesting and.
Speaker 1: It'd be a much less big needle. Oh, I'd like to read that reasoning. I'm not sure i'd buy it. We'd win a lot.
Speaker 2: We'd win a lot if Steph Curry were a soccer player not a basketball player, or you can come up with many examples. So we certainly wouldn't be losing to Belgium if we cared about soccer the way we care about the NFL and the NBA, for.
Speaker 1: Instance, Bunch out Waffle Guzzlin, Jack asked us, I mean I can Humilioning.
Speaker 2: Got a new prime minister today who Andy Burnham, who's going to be the Prime Minister of Great Britain. And he is a Bernie Sanders if you're wondering what his politics are, So see how that works out.
Speaker 1: For Old England. Well, I think it'd you work out well because all of their problems are from that sort of policy. Oh wait a minute, No, that'll be the opposite of working out well. It'll be a freaking disaster.
Speaker 2: I just heard him given a speech where he blasted the market Thatcher years as a low point in British history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when people were on their own economically and blah blah blah blah blah. Good luck with that.
Speaker 2: Good luck with that, is right, and then uh to bring this up, but it should be the lead news story. More soldiers lost in the war with Iran over the weekend. I keep hearing the word we're back to all out war. I don't think you know what all out war is. This is not all out war. Now, somebody here and there is not all out war.
Speaker 1: We could we could destroy their entire capital and everyone in it in an hour if we decided to, and not even talking about nuclear weapons.
Speaker 2: That would be all out war. We're not doing that. We're not even within one hundred miles of that. So quick calling in all out war. But the war is definitely back on the MoU is now something for historians to, you know, argue over I'm sure if they'll look at it and say, what what happened when?
Speaker 1: And Jamie Vance said, what did anybody take this seriously at the time, they'll ask but we bombed them nine nights in a row, and nobody's exactly sure what the plan is yet. But we can talk more about that a little later.
Speaker 2: Most interesting thing I've come across today so far, this article in the New York Times about the age of a AI autonomous weapons is just about upon us.
Speaker 1: Oh goodie, they.
Speaker 2: We tested a drone looks like a fighter plane. Really, as has been saying for a long time, we need to come up with a better word than drones. You can't have the same word for the twelve dollars toy that you get your kid gets at Walmart as for something that is a fighter jet that doesn't have a pilot in it, or a boat that doesn't have a driver in it, or a train.
Speaker 1: We can't call them all drones. It doesn't make any sense. It's about as useful a term as airplane. It's even less us fighter jet or a single engine cessana.
Speaker 2: Since it can be a plane, a boat, or a train or a tank, it's not even as useful as that.
Speaker 1: Roab that neither fertilizes the cling nor right exactly. Yeah, I'm a big into be keeping.
Speaker 2: So fighter jet first time ever week before last, according to the New York Times, and we have the leading technology on this in the world, thank god, so far, made all the moves, did all the maneuvering around this and that, and then fired a rocket completely AI operated, no human being making any decisions, first time ever, did that two weeks ago. And so the age of drones making their own decisions and firing off stuff is upon us. All kinds of people are saying, well, well, well, we're not going to do that. A human being will make the decision. Yeah, that's going to last a cup of coffee till a second.
Speaker 1: You need the advantage it gives, right or or or. Various people are going to lie about it.
Speaker 2: But that is upon us, and for better or worse, it's it's it's here, and the New York Times article about it is freaking frightening as it talks about we are entering into a new era nobody's ever seen before, of autonomous weapon fighting each other, making decisions on their own and strict watch.
Speaker 1: I guess the future of exactly. The future of warfare is a giant, bloody game of battle bots on FX or whatever the station used to carry that. Do they still carry it? Where people would craft killer robots that would try to whack each other, burn each other, flip each other over. It must still with human beings dying. BattleBots must still be a thing.
Speaker 2: When I was in Vegas, there's a great big building called the BattleBots Arena where people go watch that sort of thing. It's gonna be kind of like the soccer match yesterday, I guess where we all watch and say, Wow, I thought we would have won that against China, but we lost.
Speaker 1: Huh. I'll be darned at the end since although with cities being obliterated. Yeah, I guess. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it's going to look like, but I'll read some more from that New York Times story later.
Speaker 1: It's it's damned interesting.
Speaker 2: And I don't know how many times I've read the phrase in the last few years. This new age is upon us for the first time ever, this first time ever, that from now on, this, from now on, that too many, too much change, too fast?
Speaker 1: Can I opt out? Is there an opt out? Apparently? There's not Let's start the show officially.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna plug my ears for this opening clip because I don't want to hear it. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this It is Monday, July twentieth year, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: We are armstrong in getting we approve of this program. All right, here we go officially according to s SEE rules and regulations, the show starts at Mark sulks it in, Williams knocks it down. Will not be the Dolls. The Winds Spain their second World Cup titles.
Speaker 2: Spain, for the second time in their history, have won.
Speaker 1: The World Cup. You know I'm a straight man, Jack, you know van about me. But I tell you what, between the Urgentines and the Spanish, there are some handsome devils running around that pitch yesterday. Tell you what, young youngs, good looking young lads, more more tattoos than I would prefer, more neck tats.
Speaker 2: Specific Chloe learned something about Joe Michael. He likes some young and not tattooed.
Speaker 1: And and Hispanic catsh Yeah, both teams spoke Spanish and you never hear anybody complaining about Spain deal and colonizer even though you got two teams completely different parts of the world that both speak Spanish, colonial oppressor. Well, and you've got like light skinned Spanish speaking quote unquote Hispanic people in the United States saying we didn't cross the border. The border crossed us. Wait a minute, Your forefathers slaughtered people by the hundreds of thousands and took over that entire land mass. What are you talking about, right, Uh, Spain had the young men, Argentina had old men. That was one of the problems.
Speaker 2: The thirty eight year olds playing against nineteen year olds gets the oftentimes inevitable result, hence the lopside of score of one zero.
Speaker 1: Here's the argument for it. So I found it exciting of actually understand soccer enough to have found it exciting, But I can understand old me complaining about you had one hundred and twenty five minutes of the sport and one goal was scored at the end. Okay, I'll pass. Argentina didn't have a frigging shot. No, not like one hundred and fifteenth minute time, one shot until the game was over. Oh stupid. Though, Yeah, I still can't figure out when the game actually ends because they always say okay, they're adding four minutes, they're adding five. I don't know what they're doing. I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: The thing I really don't understand is the penalties. I don't understand that at all. Next time foul comes around four years from now, I'm gonna have to chat GPT the actual rules and the penalties because I'm just completely people beating the crap out of each other.
Speaker 1: But something else happens and they throw a flag or whatever, like what what was that over there? I don't know. Yeah, yeah, it's amazingly physical. People just flat out tackling each other and rolling out of bounds like it was that a foul of any kind of Okay, fine, I ambsolutely brutal the rules. That was the most violent soccer game I've every Okay, we'll get to some more headlines coming up. There's quite a bit of news to get to.
Speaker 2: Didn't get a chance to see The Odyssey, couldn't get good tickets to the IMAX going this week. Read a lot about it though, and other stuff on the way. Stay here, hetty. Coming up, highly disturbing story from the Washington Post about our situation in Iran? How are how our military is doing? Anonymous source so they just have to be a little skeptical. But uh well, we'll we'll talk about it at the bottom. Also later, I want to get to Elon Musk with a little da tribe about where where i AI is going to take us within three years?
Speaker 1: God, if he's right, Oh my god, how do you it's hard to get out of bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to be the most depressing show show.
Speaker 1: And I'm too late. Those two back to back were too much. I can't take it. Oh my god, we'll speak for the audience. Stop it. And I was with your nothing's going my way. I watched the British open for hours yesterday and my guy lost that too. It was just a downer, downer weekend. A couple more headlines. You got your Spain winning, You got your Tate brothers arrested in Miami on various charges of rape, pine and sex trafficking. Isn't this like the third country they've been arrested on those charges? They look like rapists. Doesn't help him any Uh? No, No Iran did turn LOOSEI gal On, an American gal dual citizen I think, had been held for nearly a year and a half. Trump called to release a gesture of goodwill. Oh my god, and fighting was paused for a second and a half and then I've said, I have no idea what's happening. Then they launched drawn attacks on military bases and killed our soldiers, is what they did. Yes, indeed, uh, several dads have quite a few more wounded. And it just came out. I don't have it right in front of me, but that in the last round of attack they were far more wounded than we knew.
Speaker 2: Right, hundreds have been seriously wounded. Was the report they had on ABC this week yesterday. Right, that has been kept from us. Awful. I want to talk about this at some point. The Mumdani administration is weighing whether to arrest Benjamin net Yahoo if he visits New York for the UN General Assembly in September.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. I believe the Prime Minister Netna, who belongs to the hagues is mndami. So a mayor of a city is going to, under the auspices of the International Criminal Court arrest the leader of a country at the UN for whatever hair brained leftist charges. The ICC came lacrosse, It came up with all the rogues, including that the freaking mullas who've come to Iran, all the monsters from communist regimes, totalitarian, just the bloodthirsty dictators. You're gonna arrest Netanyahu, are you, mister mayor? Good lord?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Neil Ferguson the historian with a downer of a piece. We can't have all downers today. Nobody wants to start to wreak that way. With a downer of a piece on how he's failed utterly as a historian, apparently by not convincing people about the evils anti Semitism, he said, he announced every weekend. He has failed, he said, essentially, Yeah, historians have lost to algorithms.
Speaker 1: Ooo. That's troubling. Oh my guds. We gotta come up with something that's good news. We'll do it, we promised catrong Andy.
Speaker 3: Militarily, it's relatively far off, but the economic warfare that is unfolding is quite significant. The US naval blockade of Iranian ports is back in place, and the Iranian economy is once again suffering, losing hundreds of millions of dollars each day.
Speaker 1: We know the inflation is.
Speaker 3: Rapidly rising inside of Iran. The Iranian reality is almost two million to one US dollar, one of the highest levels that it's ever been as a result of the economic conditions that the Iranians are currently facing.
Speaker 2: I've never, since I was a kid, understood hyperinflation.
Speaker 1: I don't understand how.
Speaker 2: I understand what it is and that it happens, but I don't understand how it lasts as long as it does. And I mean, how could that be two million to one US dollar?
Speaker 1: How are people buying stuff? We're back in you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why Mare, Germany or or some South America interscy, some South American country or whatever where they talk about, you know, you need a wheelbarrow full of whatever their money is to buy a local bread. Well, how does that last more than like an afternoon before it completely all falls up?
Speaker 1: Well? Right, does everybody get a seventy five percent raise every Monday to be able to continue buying the bread? Right, and it was able to go to work, I would sell wheelbarrows. Literally.
Speaker 2: Why would you go to work if you make, you know, just to make up numbers. If you make fifty thousand dollars a year, and and your grocery bill is going to be fifty thousand dollars today, why would you go to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know they Does it become the barter system really quickly? Or that's a great question. Something different must happen than the exchange of the money for products, because that doesn't make any sense. Yeah. I've had various teachers trying to pound economics into my head since I was a teenager, and I've never heard, well, I guess I've heard a couple like in World War two, but I've never heard a really thorough account of what hyperinflation looks like over the you know, medium term. That's a great question.
Speaker 2: Weeks or months. Yeah, you'd have to get a raise. We had made a raise in the afternoon from the morning.
Speaker 1: Well, you're right about the barter part, though, because a good has a value that's separate from money. Money is just a signaling mechanism, is you know, economists would tell you, but if I have a loaf of bread and you have, say, four eggs, there you go. You got a transaction. Let's keep our increasingly ridiculous currency out of the transaction.
Speaker 2: That will bring us to Elon Musk's screed about what AI is going to do for money and things. Maybe we'll get to that an now or two which frightened the hell out of me last night. Okay, I got to reset my brain. That was tree yankst with some good news about the war with Iran. It's bad news for Iran, which is good news for us. Have to keep in mind that every channel butt Fox, pretty much in every news outlet and channel butt Fox, wants to give you the worst version of the war with.
Speaker 1: Iran because they hate Trump and want Trump to look bad.
Speaker 2: That is where keeping in mind, because you're not hearing that sort of thing on CBS or anywhere else. Really, what Trayanks just told you about how much economic damage has been done to Iran and how much trouble they're in, including this on.
Speaker 3: The ground inside of Iran, domestic pressure is growing on the regime. There are power cuts and reports that people are being told to turn off air conditioning units.
Speaker 1: Remember, even when there isn't.
Speaker 3: A state of war inside of Iran, the Iranians have trouble getting water to their own people.
Speaker 1: And so each and every day.
Speaker 3: That this US naval blockade remains in effect, it puts new pressure on the Iranian regime.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't want to be misled as to how the war is going, and I think we're in a bad situation currently, but Iran's in trouble. They were in trouble before the war started. Definitely in trouble now. That wanted the little good news there leading up to this report in the Washington Post, which Mark Alprin writes is explosive if true. The fact that he put if true in there about a Washington Post article means he's not sure he believes it either. You remember when journy would handle the second part before they even got to the first part. Yeah, this is from an official speaking on the condition of anonymity because they're not authorized to talk to the media. That could be this stuff could be made up. Probably not, but it certainly could be from somebody in the government who doesn't like what we're doing, trying to spread the most negative information they can possibly have exaggerated or made up in the Washington Post, happily reporting it because it makes Trump look bad.
Speaker 1: Or it could be true. You never know. I'll just read it for you. The US is planning for a wider war, said one US official familiar with the internal administration discussions, adding that the Pentagon was increasing the number of military aircraft in the region that was reported by a bunch of places day. We're sending all kinds of more planes there. The official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, cautioned that the expansion of US operations will be limited by dwindling stockpiles of air defense and long long range munitions, and constraints on the ability to surge more troops and aircraft into the area because of battle damage. We do not have enough to safely sustain operations, and I don't think the White House is aware of that, the officials said. Wow.
Speaker 2: Military experts have said that in addition to the toll taken on US equipment and munition stocks, the US is unprepared for possible ground operations inside Iran that Trump last week refused to rule out. The recent US troop deads have revived questions about the safety of American forces at bases in.
Speaker 1: The Middle East. A soldier who had previously deployed to Jordan's air base where the two US service members were killed over the weekend said many of the buildings there are containerized or metal buildings and tents and are not able to withstand rocket, mortar or drone attacks.
Speaker 2: Man if we have soldiers sitting in tents while Iran is raining down rockets on them. That's not good. But even the military's newer construction in some bases in the region, where they are hardened with layers of thick walls, cannot protect against a direct hit from ballistic missiles, said the soldier, who spoke on the condition of anonymity out of fear of retaliation. In early March, during an intense exchange of missile strikes between US and Iran, a direct hit on a hardened barrick in Kate broke through the layers of protection, destroying about half the structure. The soldier said, similar heavy destruction has occurd at US military facilities across the region.
Speaker 1: We're getting beat up across the board, the soldier said, Boy, there's a lot there. One truism that leaps to my mind is that a military, and I'm leaving out the special forces, but a military that has not been used on a significant scale for a significant amount of time is a military that is unprepared. Just because the nature of bureaucracies and you know, budget priorities and that sort of thing. It doesn't shock me at all to hear, you know, we're actually way short of boats and planes and secure facilities and munitions and the rest of it. I don't know how short What does dwindling mean? Are we down to fifty percent or ten percent? There's a lot of vagueness there, but yeah, I'm not shocked by that. I'm disturbed by it, but I'm not shocked by it. We are a comfortable country that's enjoyed a prolonged period of mostly peace.
Speaker 2: How exposed our soldiers are at those various bases don't know either. After we launched our ninth round of pretty serious attacks overnight ninth ninth day, ninth night in a row, they shot more missiles at some of our bases. We've been shooting most of the stuff down, but not all of it. As you saw, we have two soldiers killed in that sort of thing over the weekend. Then another one died in Iraq trying to dismantle a drone or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, trying to controlled explosion of it or something like that. It's dangerous work. No, definitely.
Speaker 2: The other report that came out over the weekend that was highly troubling if true, is that China and Russia are giving Iran the location information that they don't have and that's part of how they pulled off an attack on one of our military bases that killed some soldiers. If China and Russia are helping Iran kill you as soldiers, that's a big deal. And the President so far is not commented on that story. I think that came out Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, the very first thing you said. I wanted to come out on that real briefly too, is that we're preparing for a wider conflict. Well, given the fact that that's a definite possibility, in fact, it's already kind of started. If we weren't preparing for that, that would be insanity. So I'm not surprised to hear that those those sorts of quotes are always difficult, because the military prepares for all kinds of contingencies, even if they think it's fairly low likelihood.
Speaker 2: I think the likelihood of a wider conflict, I'm not even sure what they mean by wider conflict, but I think the likelihood of that is roughly one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: So here's something different to worry about, at least briefly. Thousands of places on the internet have a file with your name on your home address, your cell number, your email address and even like medical conditions, your age, how you vote your kids' names, yipes.
Speaker 2: You can't read that file, but anyone with a credit card can buy it, can buy your information. That file is a product of a multi billion dollar industry called data brokers. Your file is collected, packaged, and sold legally around the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that leads to every scam call, every fishing text that knows too much that you get. Last year, Americans lost a record twenty billion dollars plus to fraud, and you gotta do something about it. Like in cognate yep.
Speaker 2: In cogny goes broker by broker and forces each one to delete your file the opt out forms that they bury in cogni file. And when your Dada tries to creep back and Cogney wipes it out again, go to.
Speaker 1: In cognity dot com slash armstrong right now for sixty percent off. That's in cognity dot com slash armstrong, I n cog Ni dot com slash armstrong. Take your private life off the market in cognity dot com slash armstrong. Before we take a break to make room for Mailbag, executive producer Hanson had an interesting point about the halftime.
Speaker 2: Show of the soccer match yesterday. Gotta admit I just I had. I had the entire thing on all day long, but I never sat down for a moment.
Speaker 1: I was doing other stuff. All those is on, But the halftime show was a big super Bowl looking halftime spectacular, and Hanson pointed out that it looked like what halftime shows used to be. It wasn't like politically edgy in any way or anything like that. It was like kids dancing around on the turf and Madonna and stuff like people and Madonna. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was that and ted Lasso came out and did a thing or whatever, and it just didn't have that that. Jay Z's been running the halftime shows for US football for years and they are all like in your face in one way or another, and I think designed to create controversy, and the one yesterday looked like the pre controversy era of halftime.
Speaker 1: Shows, just fun and innocence and Madonna. What I thought was interesting before the whole thing started was talking about the.
Speaker 2: Billion people around the world that are watching. They always say that for the Super Bowl for our sport, and I always think, are they Who's watching this in some town on the other side of the world where they don't.
Speaker 1: Even play this sport, nobody plays.
Speaker 2: I just find it hard to believe that they give a crap whether you know New England's team wins or Philadelphia's team wins or whatever. Whereas with the soccer, the most popular sport in the world, I believe there were probably were a billion people around the world watching.
Speaker 1: Yeah here here, it was great. I noticed before the things started, Tom Cruise called it football. We might have to change the name of our sport. Wait a minute, he's a scientist, a scientologist, and a globalist. Bastard. You're right, he's a scientologist and he calls it football. We can't come to sports called football. That doesn't work. Well, No, no, we gotta. Are we going to start calling our football American football? I don't know, and be a little weird, but collar's American cheese from the think of it, I don't know. I'm gonna have to think about this coming up in mailbags and exciting Skylar coal Fax information Skyler cole Fax, of course, is that everybody knows vice President of the US in eighteen seventy. Okay, I did not know that stay tuned for that. You don't want to miss it. And Elon scared the crap out of me over the weekend with what where are we going to be in three years with Ai? They can wear it fast. I've made so many bad decisions UH preparing for this. A lot on the way stay here.
Speaker 2: A lot of fights broke out after the UH soccer match was over one hundred and twenty five minutes with one goal Spain wins one nothing, and then a whole bunch of people were fighting rolling around on the field, which is not a good look. No, it's not super sportsmanlike, but they're beating the crap out of each other for a couple life. And somebody gives you, you guys suck you know whatever, you're like f you. I'm tired and mad and I ain't putting up with that.
Speaker 1: Here's your freedom loving quote of the day. I promised last week to do this, and now I'm gonna do it. Some great quotes from Stephen Pinker's Brilliant Enlightenment, now one of the great defenses of Western civilization ever written. He points out in the memories of many readers of this book and the experience of those and less fortunate parts of the World War. Scarcity, disease, ignorance, and lethal menace are a natural part of existence. We know that countries can slide back into these primitive conditions, and so we ignore the achievements of the Enlightenment at our peril.
Speaker 2: I got something good on that for later. I'm gonna put the Terrek back in esoteric, but it's it's on that very topic.
Speaker 1: Mail bag. Please drop us a note mail bag at armstrong e getdy dot com. Nick and San Jose rights guys. Some trivia I thought you'd find interesting. Vice President Jade Vance and his wife Rushia welcomed their son, Alec on July nineteenth. This marked the first time a sitting vice president has had a child while in office in over one hundred and fifty years, with the last being Skylar Colfax in eighteen seventy.
Speaker 2: Boy, there's some trivial trivia.
Speaker 1: It's a happy occasion. I didn't realize JD's only forty one. He's really young, but he's got the dishonesty of a man twice his age. I used to be a big, big fan. Now I just I check my I checked to see I still have my watch every time you shake my land still very popular with the bass. You've probably angered many people, all right, Anna Louisa and hot La Mesa rights guys. After watching the FIFA final match, I felt very sad, not just because I was rooting for Argentina, but because the whole World Cup tournament was over realized. How much I'm gonna miss all of it, the games, the fans, the singing, the joy, and the enthusiasm. It was infectious. I especially loved hearing the fans singing and chanting in pregame rallies and during the games. She lists a bunch of stuff in the Viking rowing chant American sports. Could she use more singing, maybe there'd be fewer fighters joy. I'm not sure. We don't have as much joy, I think as the as your World Cup soccer teams do. I don't know why. I don't know either. I got into it too.
Speaker 2: I was looking forward to I would on a day by day basis know when the next match was that I wanted to watch. I'm kind of it's gonna leave a hole in my life now that it's over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I really really enjoyed the fact that folks came from all over the world and discovered the United States is nothing like they'd been led to believe. You're not gonna get shot. We're friendly, welcoming people. We think it's fun that you're here. We hope you have a great time, and we have enormous stores.
Speaker 2: I had the very experience running into the Swedes drunk Swedes at the bar in Vegas.
Speaker 1: That was fantastic. Oh oh wow, that would have been great, Tom writes, Dear President Trump, the word you're looking for but can't seem to find when it comes to the current Iran regime is vanquish. To defeat thoroughly, not deal, not ceasefire, vanquish. That's exactly what we did the Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, imperial Japan, and always the way to defeat tyranny. Once you get this right, I'll be back in touch to educate you on the right words to use for Greenland T Y F Y A t TM. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Speaker 2: And we aren't gonna bomb Tehran into rubble though that's what we did to Germany to win.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna do that with Iran. It's just not on the table as an option. Yeah, yeah, we're gonna talk a lot of iran. I'm gonna shelve that one for now and go to this from JT and Livermore. Kaiser Permanente literally says, it is it's important that my race be identified correctly. Federal law requires that Kaiser Permanente medical records identify your race because this information could improve your health care. Blah blah blah. So federal law requires that I correctly identify my true race because it could improve my health care. Nobody's saying anything about correctly identifying my sex, which is a much more important piece of information that impacts my health care. Obviously, I'm not surprised the left cares about race, but they don't care about misdiagnosed gender related issues, just like they don't care about mutilating miners with experimental drugs and disfiguring surgeries. I would agree, sir.
Speaker 2: Had my physical last week. I declined half the questions they asked me. I'm not answering that crazy.
Speaker 1: What's your race? Declined to state, do you have any firearms in your home? Declined to state, how are you feeling today? Declined to state? How long has this been swollen? Declined to state.
Speaker 2: Why is that bone sticking out? None of your business, mind your own huh huh. Let's see, that's very serious. Why don't we end on that cheery note. I just I'm not in the mood. Sorry, I picked the wrong team to root for. How many goals did Spain give up in the entire World Cup?
Speaker 1: Eight matches? Ten matches?
Speaker 2: How many goals did Spain give up in the entire World Cup? One?
Speaker 1: One?
Speaker 2: One accidentally happened during one every other team they shut out.
Speaker 1: That's unbelievable. Yeah yeah, and their defense and their goalkeeper get a lot of credit. But Argentina's goalkeeper was a monster. Holy cow. Oh they got to erect a statue to him in the central square something. Poor son of a gun deserve to win the game. Well, they didn't need the whole field.
Speaker 2: They could have just played half field and bought the fans them closer, because the bowls never going to get down on the other end.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. World Cup finals are often like that. It's like those bike races in the Olympics where everybody just goes real slow and looks at each other until everybody get job. No. Start from the beginning, we're dumb. According to Elon. We'll have that an hour or two and Getty