Speaker 1: Lastly, as we were about to record, major news dropped.
Speaker 2: Wanted to keep you updated.
Speaker 1: We'll have something more on the Memphis Grizzlies tomorrow when we record. But Steven Adams of the Memphis Grizzlies, the strongest man in the NBA, the guy that is in a movable force, has a PCL sprain and will miss the next three to five weeks. Oh my god, I don't know that I can overestimate how big of a deal this is for the Memphis Grizzlies. He's not only important to the Grizzlies in general, he is very important to chaw John Morant in particular.
Speaker 2: Not only does Steven Adams.
Speaker 1: Average you know, a decent amount of points, you know, eight point six points, eleven and a half rebounds per game, two and a half assists per game, but he also leads the NBA offensive rebound rates. More than that, he is a hard rock and someone who enforces and keeps John Morant from losing his life every time he gets airborne. Right, you're not gonna mess around with him when you know the JA Morant has Steven Adams right there. Jaw drives does not get hit and struck out of the air like a bird right by a hunter. You could probably make an argument that Steven Adams is the second most important Memphis Grizzly player right now, and that's saying a lot considering that Jared Jackson is probably gonna win Defensive Player of the Year. Memphis currently in second place, They're gonna face ten to fifteen games with doubt them. You're probably gonna see more Brandon Clark, who I love more, santi Al Dama, who I like and does not get nearly enough minutes, I don't think, and probably a heavier dose of Xavier Tillman, which has the Internet right now a tizzy.
Speaker 2: People are losing their shit over.
Speaker 1: Xavier Tillman starting tonight's game. And I tell you what, I can't blame them. Honestly, I can't blame them. None of them, no matter how good they are as a collective, are gonna come close to Steven Adams.
Speaker 2: He's the only person on the floor.
Speaker 1: Probably that made Shannon Sharp in his four thousand dollars cardigan that he was popping out of look small.
Speaker 2: Next to him.
Speaker 1: And then when he said, oh, John didn't want smoke, Team Moran didn't want smoke.
Speaker 2: Dylan Brooks didn't want smoke.
Speaker 1: Remember, Shannon Sharp somehow mysteriously forgot to mention that Steven Adams did not want any smoke, So.
Speaker 2: Just be aware of that.
Speaker 1: Injuries they always impact the NBA season, as we know, and Memphis has actually faced their fair share of it, the fact that they're in second place right now, considering that Jaron Jackson has been out for the beginning the season. He was out, Desmond Bane missed time with his toe. Now you've got Steven Adams missing considerable time. Even Jaw has missed eight games. So we're gonna see how the Grizzlies do and how they handle their business over the next month, because if they can hang out and just stay steady, that would be a huge win. I tell you what, though, there are a lot of teams that have the Grizzlies in their crosshairs, and without Steven Adams, our Sacramento Kings put a beat down on them and they don't have their incredible Hulk to protect them when they talk all that shit even from the stands.
Speaker 2: Next up, really Quick, could not end.
Speaker 1: This show without telling a little bit about the latest from our favorite holy roller in the NBA, Joe Missoula. Yep, we gotta talk about him. Yep, Hey Joe, Joe Missoula.
Speaker 2: Is everything. Okay, my guy, you okay. I think you're under a little too.
Speaker 1: Much stress out there in Boston because, according to Celtics beat writer Adam Himmel's back, Joe Missoula just just walked past Marcus Smart in the locker room, did a fool, did a full summersault in front of him, turned instead, turned and said you can't do that, then walked out. That's a real story that sets how crazy it is. What what's happening?
Speaker 2: What is going on? I am worried. I am worried about Joe Missoula. What is he doing? What? What?
Speaker 1: What kind of ninja summer salt mental health cry for help?
Speaker 2: Nick? Is this? Are you a six year old girl in tumbling class or are you the head coach of the Boston Celtics. Random somersaults? You know those girls that just randomly do just out of nowhere, They just start they do what's the other thing? Was the one you do this side.
Speaker 1: The handstand, handstanding, the sumrsault.
Speaker 2: And they just land it. They're like, see, bet you can't do that, Like that's a girl. The people who do that are girls.
Speaker 1: Named Tanya, not not Joe.
Speaker 2: Missoula.
Speaker 1: The head coach Himmel's Bach probably saw this up close, because otherwise how would he even know about it? No one's gonna tell him this story. He viewed this like all of us and me who is currently in tears. Bewildered by this, he went to Marcus Smart and said, hey, dude, was that some kind of inside joke between you guys? And Marcus Smart literally shook his head no, and he said, I have zero idea where that somersault came from.
Speaker 2: Then he rolled his eyes and said, we need to stop giving.
Speaker 1: Him sugar did Are we sure that's not a story about Deuce Tatum? I have so many questions about this. Why for what reason would a thirty four year old man just pop out in a gymnastics move in the locker room and say, bet you can't do that. Second question that I have is this a Is this gonna be a pattern? Has this happened before? Are we going to see more progressions of gymnastics in the locker room? Are we gonna see him do a forward role into a tuck jump, a hop to safe landing into a log roll, I.
Speaker 2: Need to know.
Speaker 1: Third question, even though Marcus Smart said he had no clue that this was coming, why was it he more shocked or shook by this. I am reading this, and I, personally, who was not there.
Speaker 2: Am shooketh.
Speaker 1: I would if I had anyone that I worked, would jump into a somersault right in front of me and say, bet, you can't do that. Yeah, no, I can't do that. And I don't think you should be doing that either. Jesus Christ, we have an insurance policy out for you. We got one coach who's already been suspended for it is fucking own gymnastics in the bedroom.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We got another guy, Bible thumper, doing gymnastics in the locker room, and we don't even get one side eye from Marcus Smart.
Speaker 2: And you know what that means. Marcus Smart has seen some shit.
Speaker 1: You know. If that doesn't phase you, you've seen things. And if you had to pick one guy in the NBA who's not getting a lot of adult gymnastics in his life, it's Marcus Smart.
Speaker 2: He's way up at the top of my list.
Speaker 1: I hope, I hope that there's more of this story to be told. And this I think is just a sign that Joe Miszula is just a strange cat. If this is a sign of him crying out for help, like Blink twice show if you need something, things are only gonna get weirder in Boston. That is all the time that we have for the Heat Check. My God, Joe Mizula, come back Friday for.
Speaker 2: An all new episode.
Speaker 1: As we have trade deadline coming in less than three weeks, We're gonna be very busy filling you in on all the details. Do not forget to read this story about Joe Mizzula because I did.
Speaker 2: Not make it up. It seems like I did, and I did not do.
Speaker 1: Not forget to follow us on Twitter, at at Trista Underscore Criek, and on TikTok at this heat check, and tell all your friends, every single one of them,