Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three oh four, Episode two.
Speaker 2: Of The Daily Guy production of Iyheart Radio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dave into America, share CUSI.
Speaker 1: It is Tuesday, September twelfth, twenty twenty three miles.
Speaker 2: It is indeed, also start snitching on people. Because it's National Report Medicare Fraud Day, focus that National Video Games shout out to that, National jack Ants on a Log Day, National Day of Encouragement, National Hugging high five Day, National Chocolate Milkshake Day. Yeah, hugging ants on a log Day, and hug and high five. We do a hug kiss high five every time we say goodbye. You do my kids? So wait, you do a hug, a kiss, then a high five, hug kiss high five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's they demand it every time.
Speaker 2: Oh so they're like, they're like reverse Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: They're like, Dad, where you Dad, get in here? Give me a little sugar on the It's a kiss on top of the head.
Speaker 2: We're not we're not going pull Brady with it.
Speaker 4: Give me a little sugar.
Speaker 2: Isn't that what Tom Brady said? It felt like he was saying something like that when he was on the massage. He was on the massage table.
Speaker 1: His children were leaving, and he made them come back and pointed to his lips. I don't know if he said give me a little sugar with his words, but he said it with his eye.
Speaker 2: He did. Anyways, my name is.
Speaker 1: Jack O'Brien aka Potatoes O'Brien, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Thrilled to be joined as always buy my co host sister Miles Great Miles Gray AKA you know it's your boy Kasama. I was just at an art museum looking at the part of Yayoi Kusama and shout out to people who recently connected that that aka was a derivation on visual artist Yayoi Kusama. But anyway, and also shout out to museum gift shops. Have you heard as you heard me say on the trending episode, because they are powerful place some of the great snow globes in existence. Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Miles, we're sure to be joined in our third seat by the original super producer. She's the host of Ethnically Ambiguous, the producer of many of the great shows on this network, including this one.
Speaker 2: It is super producer on a hose.
Speaker 4: Hi High High Hi Hi Hi hi Hi high high high.
Speaker 2: High high phrase. Hi hi Hi Hi Hi hi brand I think I think we should be just transparent up front here, well transparents. See. In the moments before this episode episode was scheduled to record, we did have a special expert guest booked with a with a very particular set of skills, and they canceled like fifteen minutes before family emergency. We're not going to say who it is, just you know, sending good energy there. Way it is Liam Neeson, but we're going to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 1: But usually that's no problem because our show is based on the news. We have the news stories and we just get a guest, special guest guest to come in. Today we had a doc full of questions for Liam Neeson in particular.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we were like what we do? What are we gonna do?
Speaker 1: Super producer on hose A steps into the fray bravely and is like, I need to tell you about what I've been watching on streaming. That is what we were going to do today.
Speaker 2: And also, yeah, also been steadily being like Golden Bachelor, when are you always when are we talking about Golden Bachelor? Yes, And we said you know what, let's swap one expert out for another.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's funny. When you said that just now and you said super producer and then my name, I felt like a like a chest pain pain anyway, I don't know, it probably isn't related.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I just sometimes someone says my name and my heart stops because the idea that I now have to respond to something. It's just too overwhelmed.
Speaker 2: Bot lights on you, spotlights on you. You ready? So this is life? Huh? Yeah? Yeah it is three turns out? Yeap, how are you? How are you doing? You're still getting out there whacking the town's balls around? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, definitely, definitely definitely.
Speaker 2: You did the Cocoa Goth title. Were you watching? Yes?
Speaker 4: I was watching Legend Dairy Legone. Oh god, I have a question for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My esteemed partner said, I said, she's a legend, and he said, but she's not dead yet. And I said, I'm sorry what And he said, you have to be dead to be considered a legend. Now, I don't know where this opinion came from out of him because he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Really say much.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, is that true? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: No you you respond with this legends never die? Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: I responded with I'm sorry, are you stupid? Just joking? I'm not that crazy, but I just was like really sort of taken by this opinion of his nose.
Speaker 2: Don't have to be dead to be a legend, That's what I thought.
Speaker 4: I was like, well, I literally say everything is a legend.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. It does feel like the sort of thing that if you.
Speaker 1: Called like a great comedian who was like in their sixties a legend, they would be like, screw you. That that makes me feel old, That makes me sound old, you know what I mean, like that that sort of thing. So I could see that, but no, it's there's nothing that that says you have to be dead to be a legend, and of course legends never die.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. And also if we mean in the more like colloquial way that Ozzie's use it, like where it's like, oh, fucking legiond legion, You're just you're just tied as fuck. Oh yeah, we rock with.
Speaker 1: You, all right, so Anna, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better right now, because.
Speaker 4: Can I just tell you actually no, never mind, go go ahead.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're just gonna talk about that.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I forget we're recording a podcast and we're just hanging on just interruption and.
Speaker 2: Like, wait do you know? And then I'm like, oh, we're doing like a show.
Speaker 4: I started zoning out and then came into like, oh wait, Jack, do you remember? And then I was like, we're recording a podcast.
Speaker 1: Justin cut out the part where I said, do not do not interrupt me in front of the Zeke Gang.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I guys, I apologize. You know, I just spend way too much time with Jack and Miles. I forget what we even do here anymore?
Speaker 2: What do we do? What do we Why are we on zoom? Yeah? Yeah, we're gonna talk about suits mainly.
Speaker 1: No, that's Anna has said that she I wrote a little thing about suits, and she did.
Speaker 4: Did you see what I did to this strike through?
Speaker 2: We did to the entire story. There's just a strike that's quite passive aggressive, more aggressive aggressive, the whole thing. I thought it was really funny.
Speaker 1: So we're going to talk about that and other things on a streaming. But before where we get to any of that, Ana, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history.
Speaker 4: Oh ship, that's when I forgot to look. Call let me just go gole real quick, let me.
Speaker 2: Just google real quick. Let me go what's my Google? What's my search history? Do you want to know what it is? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's How do you cross out text?
Speaker 2: And Google talks? I thought, I'm shocked that you don't have that. I'm shocked that you don't do that. I'm shocked that it's not in the little palette of ships that you can do, because I've shocked not only like Microsoft where it's like default there, because I've had the same kind of experience. I'm like, I'm about to strike this ship through. But yeah it, I guess it's not it's not there. What do you It wasn't there?
Speaker 4: So I like literally was like, how do I do it? And then you just have to do like command shift X.
Speaker 2: Or what that sounds like it's going to delete that damn thing? There? It is? Yeah, it just did it?
Speaker 4: Did it deleted it? It crossed it out. For the mind, it's been deleted.
Speaker 1: My mind cannot read crust the structure text Jack trying to read it because I am a labor ally so anything that is struck.
Speaker 2: Wow, not even touching it. You would make this about you. What is uh, what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 4: Currently?
Speaker 2: What's overrated? Well?
Speaker 4: Actually, I was deeply unimpressed by the matchup of Danielle Medvedev and Novak Djokovic for the men's final at the US Open.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, wow, two great Eastern European players are about to compete. Cool, uninteresting. One will win, most likely Novak Djokovic what he did win? Okay, moving on, I couldn't even bring myself to watch this match because I was like, Wow, they're both gonna play absolutely incredibly.
Speaker 2: I gotta go. I got.
Speaker 1: I caught some Medvedev stuff earlier in his run. I didn't watch the final.
Speaker 4: Well, Medvedev versus Alcaa is incredible that I was what is happening with Alcoriz? He Megntev reduced Alcaraz to a child in that moment, and I was actually quite impressed because I was like, Alcaraz is a competitor, he is next level.
Speaker 2: When he did that little jump, that little jump shot jump shot fourhand. Do you see that?
Speaker 4: Yes, honey, No one to understands what's happening. The physicality of what is happening, Yeah, is not human. We need to be testing their blood, is what I'm getting.
Speaker 2: This kid wasn't even up. This kid wasn't even alive during nine to eleven. You know, either was Coco. Yeah, well, I mean Coco's young. But in my mind, it's just seeing his forehand when they're like showing the miles priories, like consistently returning it, like over one hundred miles every time, You're like, what starting across the room?
Speaker 4: Yeah, incredible. So I don't know, Yeah, that was a great match.
Speaker 1: Mevnev has this uh squash shot that they kept referring to where he just kind of like flick the racket at the ball because it was like out of his range, but he would be like hitting winners that way, which is just new to me. I don't I don't know if that's like a new shot they've invented recently or if I just haven't been paying enough attention. But my favorite thing about Mevedev is like when they would interview him after the thing, he was like, yeah, I'm like not that good man, Like this.
Speaker 2: Was I was playing out of my mind. I don't know what just happened here.
Speaker 1: And I like people who are like truly on one and just are like, I'm I don't know what's happening to my body, dude.
Speaker 2: That's why people fuck with suits, dude, the exact same vibe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely not, it's about somebody with a photographic button.
Speaker 2: Also, did you see uh that that clip of uh Sabolenka after the finals? She just fucked her racket up.
Speaker 4: Let's not get into the Sabolenka but all it they actively call her mentally unstable. It isn't crazy how they speak about Sabolenca.
Speaker 2: Wow, you will literally.
Speaker 4: Hear an announcer be like this bitch crazy and you're like, what excuse me?
Speaker 2: What I mean?
Speaker 4: Not literally, but that's how they speak about her, and I just find it is so offensive of like, just stop saying she's mentally unstable, Like, just stop, Like, we get it, she's emotion. She has emotion. But here's the thing, so many of these players from like day one are taught to have absolutely no emotion, like to Igoshwatiks. Have you ever looked at Igashchwatek, who's who used to be world number one and is now world number two? The girl feels nothing, which is why she's such a goddamn stone cold killer on the court. She feels nothing, nothing moves her, but to have now Sabilenka, who is world number one, got bumped up to world number one based off how she was performing in the US Open. To play and still be able to carry.
Speaker 2: Emotion that's unheard up.
Speaker 4: Most of that emotion usually fucks your game up, but to still be able to make it to a final. The way they talk about her is so fucking rude.
Speaker 2: I hate it.
Speaker 1: Indetenant, like Sabolenca like, I'm not usually that intotenant. I'm starting to get a little bit more into it. Sabolenca like, first of all, just like watching her winners are is like one of the craziest things.
Speaker 4: She's a powerful smash the ball, but probably one of the strongest on the court right now.
Speaker 1: During one of her matches, she just like started yelling at her coaches like in the crowd, which I like it my favorite thing.
Speaker 4: When they're really playing and a coach like blinks weird, they'll be like, are you fucking with me? And you're like, WHOA, You really got to act like you feel nothing? And if they hit a good shot. You have to be up out of your seat and cheering them on, like your life depends on it, or you will ruin their game and they will fire your ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's kind of got threatened to fire her team and her like you know, runner up speech, and I was like, oh, oh yeah, you got you can't funk around.
Speaker 2: She like so during during I think it was her quarter or her semi finals, like when she was in the final four match, she was yelling at her team and they were like, so, what was that all about? And she's like, well, they're not my team anymore, are they? I just fired them. No, I'm kidding. Yeah.
Speaker 4: She does that every time, just like and you're like, good a little yeah, She's like no, no, I bought a gun. Like her energy goes from like zero to one hundred and you're like, whoa lincun.
Speaker 2: It's like, just kidding, just kidding.
Speaker 4: It reminds me actually of My Big Factory Wedding. In that scene where they're threatening to kill Aiden. I can't remember his.
Speaker 2: Name, Aid him from Sex and the City. Oh right, I don't know. That's his name.
Speaker 4: Aiden from Saxon the City, who's in my Big factory wedding and the brothers keeping like, we're gonna kill you, just joking. I have a gun a fucking with you. You break the heart, they'll never find your body.
Speaker 2: And I'm always like it always.
Speaker 4: I don't know why, but the Samileka always reminds me that, because she goes back and forth like that and you're like.
Speaker 2: Wait, what, I don't know are they I felt like there was just a lot of incidents too in the US Open where people were just didn't know how to act. Either. There was like that who shouted a yeah, yeah, like the dude who shouted at Zverev like was saying like Hitler quotes and he's like, y'all need this motherfucker out of here. They do that a lot. They do have a lot of problems like that. Then, like the woman who was like buzzing behind sit Zibus when he was trying to serve and he had to go to the umpire ands Like this woman keeps trying to distract me every time I serve, and she's like like is this this like woman who just like like a middle aged white woman is like I'm sorry, I just I'm fucking with him, and she's like please don't kick me out, and they're like, you're out of here. Please no, no, I said, please, sir, Yeah, sorry, I don't like him. I can't even say his name. I just know. It's like it's kind of wild.
Speaker 1: Like if you've ever been to a supporting match where you're like, everybody's not forced to be quiet when they're playing the game, Like, it does surprise me how few incidents there are like that, right in tennis, when there's just a stadium full of people who've been drinking, like it's a it is a drinking event for some people, so yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but tennis, it's like it's just when you're like playing the singles matches, like it's you so like there's nothing to blame but yourself. So that level of intensity someone's been like this and.
Speaker 2: You're like, what are you doing? That ruins your whole game.
Speaker 4: That's why they say you always have to have two balls on you when you serve, because in that moment you serve first ball and you get a fault or something and you have to go get that other ball, that's it. Your game is ruined because your whole still system has been thrown. So like it's like they're so superstitious about these things. But like at the same time, it makes sense because.
Speaker 2: It's just you.
Speaker 4: There's no one else you can rely on but your own psyche to get through this match. It's not like, you know, in a football stadium where you can be like, well, I'll just pass the.
Speaker 2: Ball, thank you. You know, you know what we figured out tom Brady's secret or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know, like every time Tom Brady threw the football, he was just like, I won't even care anymore.
Speaker 2: That's why he was passing it. There's too much pressure. Yeah, this singular, singular performance that relies on that just one performance for sure.
Speaker 4: And also someone is hitting a ball at you going one hundred miles per hour, so you're like, okay, I really have to be in this, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was just remembering. I had an incident yesterday morning where we were playing a match where they like lobbed the ball in the air and you have to hit it out the air, and I felt snot going down my face.
Speaker 2: Oh I couldn't.
Speaker 4: Also was snot or sweat, so it was pretty humid yesterday morning and it threw me.
Speaker 2: And I'm not even.
Speaker 4: Saying like I'm playing at any such level. But it threw me off in a way that I couldn't hit the ball because I was like, what is going down my face?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: And then I just missed the ball because I was like more focus on like the fact that like there was either snot or sweat. I couldn't figure it out sliming into my mouth that I was like what the fuck? And then I missed the ball and I was like, yeah, no, it's not possible. You have to you literally have to just eat your sweat or like nothing can affect your game because you'll like you'll you can't focus so on point.
Speaker 2: If you catch your kid picking his nose and eating their buggers, let it, yeah, you can, let it start. Put a racket in their hands on what is something you think is underage? Uh? Sort of the spread of COVID.
Speaker 4: You guess it's like really happening, Like nine people I know of COVID right now. Everyone I talked to, he goes like I have COVID, and I'm like, Jesus Christ, we're all going to die again, like the way we're all like Kevin n what's cab?
Speaker 2: I heard what like the last round of boosters they said barely anybody like God, And now there's like another round coming out.
Speaker 4: It's when was the last round? Wasn't that the bivolent one?
Speaker 2: I think so? Yeah, Ben ben Bolan, Ben Bolin. But yeah, then I got it. I got it. No, I got it. But then there's like the new one. Then there's a new one that just came out. They just knew the new one that they just the news came out today about it getting the new the new booster getting approval.
Speaker 1: And has anyone done the meme of some of Kevin's mom jumping forward and saying COVID, like she forgot about COVID?
Speaker 4: Why who's Kevin?
Speaker 2: Kevin home alone?
Speaker 1: Anyways, he's down again, folks.
Speaker 4: Is happening.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, the iconic Catherine O'Hara, legendary Cathrone O'Haras someone USA is a legend legend mate, Yeah, it's it's happening. I guess. Deaths are happening at a higher rate than previous rises in COVID, and we're just kind of we're like, oh, I'm ge what what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Like COVID is spreading again, yeah everywhere.
Speaker 2: And then we're like on a plane and we're like, God, I feel like I left so I forgot about something. You know, what did I forget about?
Speaker 4: And I felt that way, I like realized I didn't have a mask, and I started to panic, right oh no oh no, oh no oh no oh.
Speaker 2: No, almost like Catherine here. Anyways, It's it's weird how like the media and like Joe Byron or like we're past COVID and everyone's like every scientist like we're not, and we're still doing this thing too, where everyone's perception is that somehow the pandemic isn't over. But now even anecdotally, like with our friends who have their like kids in kindergarten and stuff, like dude, a ton of kids are like getting going down in their class with it, and it's just the yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Going down in the class.
Speaker 2: Now there's me.
Speaker 1: These are all mean ideas that we're just thrown out there for you guys. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, these are royalty free.
Speaker 4: Wait can I do another underrated yeah yeah, not to overshadow the very important one that we need to be vigilant because COVID is not gone. Just because we can, I reveal that we're recording this on nine to eleven.
Speaker 2: Sidebar.
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, I think it's underrated. That wait, I don't know if you guys are gonna let me do this one, we'll cut it out if we can't. But that, uh, Middle Easterners committed nine to eleven. Okay, underrated?
Speaker 2: Oh we're doing this bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I would find it very disrespectful.
Speaker 2: That people believe nine eleven was an inside job? Right right?
Speaker 4: I'm like, how take that away from US supremacy, being like they couldn't have done this by themselves?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how dare you be?
Speaker 4: Like why would they be upset from years of sort of destabilization of imperialism that they would attack us? It's like stare you?
Speaker 2: But then they wouldn't the counter be like, then they'd be like, well, it's actually our foreign policy that did it. So that's another one in the column for the US.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like, look at how many people died. That's like totally bush. That is like a bush vibe, you know.
Speaker 2: See what I mean?
Speaker 4: No, see how you just sort of erased me from the narrative.
Speaker 2: I just find it rude. Another thing. Yeah, if you can say it's an inside job, you're erasing just what these people You're erasing sort of like a great accomplishment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like what we as I say.
Speaker 2: We, I'm literally just making myself Like everyone we talked about this, everybody tries to make nine to eleven about themselves on some levels. We can't avoid it. We can't avoid it.
Speaker 1: I was almost on that flight, bro, if I had been, wouldn't gone down that way?
Speaker 4: Did you see like the like number one like Timothy challow May fan club Twitter was like, I almost took a job in the world right center. Jesus Christ, what is happening?
Speaker 2: Wait? Wait, it's like a Timothy Shallome the number one Timothy club.
Speaker 4: Shalla May and it like posted like ice I almost took a job but I chose not to or.
Speaker 2: Whatever because of whatever x y Z read. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like they have been in the one of the towers.
Speaker 2: It's like a carbon date to carbon date yourself too. I think I've.
Speaker 4: Already known that this person was like much older seventy This this club shallow May account gets a lot of really funny like people talk a lot of it about them.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know why I'm so deeply online that I would know this, but I just thought it was funny that she was like or he she I actually don't know.
Speaker 2: It was like I too.
Speaker 4: Story about nine to eleven to post on the club shallow may Twitter.
Speaker 1: The like number one cultural output from nine to eleven iselebrities and other people claiming to have almost been there. You've of course got the rand disease.
Speaker 2: You've got.
Speaker 1: Michael Jackson claimed that he was supposed to be in a meeting in the Twin Towers and only missed it because he had stayed up all night talking to his family and then like throwing across country with like, wasn't it with what's her face? Lace Taylor and Marlon Brando.
Speaker 2: There is a whole. There's a holistical called famous people who almost died on nine to eleven. Yeah, oh we love it, folks, We love yeah, don't we?
Speaker 1: Jackone Shan Myles think about the sliding door of like a world where Mark Wahlberg died on nine to eleven, like, but also things would have gone down a little differently.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyway, So respect to.
Speaker 4: Al Qada, I don't even know what I'm doing right now, and I apologize, but I just want to say I don't buy the whole inside theory. It just doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Shout out its white supremacist to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to be like, oh, well, as Middle Easterners, these Muslims can possibly have pulled this off. Guess what they did? And they were trained by Americans.
Speaker 2: Remember we were just talking about Remember talking about that how To with John Wilson episode where he meets the personal trainer that ended up training some of the fucking people from nine to eleven, And he was like, I am proud of what they did because they had a goal in mind and they achieved it with my training. Yeah, dude, this American dude, who you would not expect to take like that to come out from his mouth.
Speaker 4: But and the goal to be like, we're not even going to train at home. We're gonna go have the Americans teach us to fly. That's the biggest fuck you is like, we're not even gonna waste our time home. We're gonna go to America. We're gonna pay people to train us their way, and then we're gonna use the knowledge they gave us against them. That's like, I'm sorry, but like the doing it.
Speaker 1: Like that, Yeah, absolutely, goal eleven goals goals, No, they had goal.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying it's my goal. I'm just saying they had goals and achieved them. Apparently, Gabaret City Bay obviously, you know Precious based on the novel Push right from Sapphire almost died in nine to eleven, but she was late for class. She slept in and mister class, but debris from one of the towers hit the building's supposed to be in and people died. Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow, Well, how many different types of offices were in these buildings.
Speaker 2: It was like every industry possible in these buildings. I think this is a nearby it was a nearby community college. I think that was just in the district. But okay, yeah, it's a long list, folks. All right, well, there's a little nine to eleven stuff to hold you, hold you over until next nine to eleven. We are going to take a quick break and we'll be right back to talk about what you should be streaming, what you are streaming, suits plenty more. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back and on a during the pandemic, we had a regular on a streaming Corner segment where you could tell us what we should be streaming.
Speaker 2: We've been away.
Speaker 1: From it for too long. It is now time to get caught up on all the things that people should be streaming, should not be streaming. What have we missed in these past years months?
Speaker 2: Thanks Jack, I'll let you know, sold let me roll up over all the things. I'll let you off the call, let me find the leave.
Speaker 4: But so let's start with movies that I've really enjoyed. I watched those, okay, uh joy Ride? Joy Ride was so fun. Did you guys watch joy Ride?
Speaker 2: No, i've seen it's enjoy Ride yet, but I know so.
Speaker 4: It stars Ashley Park, Sherry Coola, Stephanie Jo, Sabrina Wu and it's it's directed by Adele Limb, who you might also know from They Crazy Rich Crazy Riches. Literally couldn't remember what that was.
Speaker 2: Called, which is a travesty, but she wrote, she wrote Crazy Richesians for the screens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, yes, yes, yes yes, And it's so fun.
Speaker 2: I was really enjoying it.
Speaker 4: It's you know, a group of Asian American women and you know, they travel to Asia and it's it's just a wild romp and it's filled with a bunch of really great actors and I.
Speaker 2: Really enjoyed it. I recommend you guys watch it. Joy Ride is it streaming now or is it? Did you go see it in theaters?
Speaker 4: I did not see it in theaters. I saw how I watched the majority of my films, which is on a plane.
Speaker 2: Sorry, oh wow, you're in the sky that often.
Speaker 4: I only watched one was on a plane.
Speaker 2: To watch movies. Yeah, the movies an.
Speaker 4: They just like they kill time quiver, but it will. It is currently available for rent on you know, Amazon, Apple and all the other streamers, So you know, hey, what the heck's spend like how much it is to rent five bucks? Spend some money, give give these great creators some cas strolla.
Speaker 2: I guess, yeah, yeah, that is what they call it. Baby came out right before I think Barbenheimer, so I think got overshadowed by that. But hmmm, how how how could they have known?
Speaker 1: I've heard nothing but great things about this. I'm very excited to see it. And Bottoms I hear is also very good.
Speaker 4: Honestly, girl, But I think Bottoms is also in theaters, So go see Bottoms. I luckily got to see a streamer for Bottoms. Don't worry about it, and I love it. I really thought. Look, I owed a very rachel Senate legends it's a lot, and uh, but who stole the show? God damn Marshaun Lynch. Ho, Holy shit, Marshall Lynch was funny. It turns out he was improvising. He also did the movie. I watched an interview he did the movie because I guess when he was in high school or maybe junior high, his sister came out as a lesbian and he felt that he treated her really poorly. And this was him like sort of trying to make amends and like learn and like understand what it is to be like a queer person living and so like that was his reasoning for signing on to do the film, because he was like I want to do better and like I treated my sister so poorly and it just wasn't okay. Wow.
Speaker 2: I mean, look at Mark. It's wild too, because the first time I saw him improvised was that show Murderville on Netflix, and let's say it. Let's just say he stole the show and I was like, I watched it. Wow, I think it just shows like even if you don't have like the sort of you know, the training of improv and how to do like a herald or whatever, that like just having like being such a pure person. Is this is actually good enough and in a way better because you come off like just obviously like sort of this unfinished I don't know, diamond in the rough as it will.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean he's so funny, like just doing stuff at super Bowl week when he was in the Super Bowl and was just like this is stupid, or even.
Speaker 2: Like at cal when he would take over like the athletic like the physio cart and just depending corners on the field like he was out in the streets. Like everything about him was always like this guy knows how to live, This guy knows how says against all odds. Become a sports.
Speaker 4: Episode, right, this has become a Marshawn Lynch show.
Speaker 2: Yeah what else?
Speaker 4: Wait? What did she say?
Speaker 2: I said, what else did you see on a plane?
Speaker 4: It's funny because I was literally about to say another film I saw on a planet, which is The Blackening, which was a really great film. It's it's like alla like scary movie sort of energy, but it's like a group of friends who go to like a cabin in the woods and then you know, deal with like a sort of horror movie situation, whether being hunted basically in there, you know, they have to band together and uh might throw way out of it. So it's really funny. It stars the hilarious Dwayne Perkins, so I also believe had a hand in writing it. Yvon Orgy's in it, Jay Farrow's in it, just x Mao's in it. She's really funny in it. Oh man, x Mao is so fucking funny. Also x Mao, and watch What Happens Live. We really need an x Mao sance because she's so fucking funny. Anyway, I really recommend it. Really great film. It's not like super super scary, so if you're like not into horror movies, I think you would still really enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Because it's still like sort of it's still playing on like murder film tropes that help them sort of navigate the movie too, Like it's it's like self aware to a point, right, yes, yes, yeh.
Speaker 1: Yeah those a great a great trailer. I saw it in theaters, but I did not notice that it like when it came out, it got incredible reviews and is doing really well. That tends about it a five million dollars seventeen point seven million, But.
Speaker 2: That tends to happen a lot with you know, poc led films where we go about that. Where was the marketing for that? Yeah, like it's so consistent now pretty fucked up, especially like yeah with things that are feature films, you're like, oh, so, y'all really just felt there was no point in putting anything in the marketing, even though it recouped your money. Anyway, it's another show.
Speaker 1: So based on the trailer, like they get in this house and they're like told that there's a killer who's going to kill them and they have to sacrifice one of their one of themselves based on whom they deemed to be the blackest.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a lot of series of really funny stuff like that. Well they'll be like name three, Like they play a game where like they get pulled into a whole like Saw style like game where they have to like name three black guest stars on Friends and they're all like.
Speaker 2: Oh no no, and they're like really reaching to figure out you know.
Speaker 4: So it's stuff like that, but it's really well done. It's so funny.
Speaker 1: I see you got the new Ninja Turtles on there. I did take my guys to see that.
Speaker 4: That's a book that's all your sort of adult friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my guys, my boys, not my son's just just the crew. I call my boys my boys.
Speaker 1: And we came out of that theater doing jump kicks and such cool ninja moves.
Speaker 2: It was awesome. Do they also get sucked into like New York culture though? Too? Who my kids? Yeah? Because aren't they like aren't they very New York? Bacon, egg and cheese? Oh yeah, like chop cheese and stuff. Yeah, like let me get a chop cheese with the BEV. But it's like, okay, we're doing the TikTok shit.
Speaker 4: Okay, I hear you, I hear They're fun. I really enjoyed it. Actually I owed a berry in it as well. Great, great classic film already. I don't know what it's called. I just know I just wrote new Ninja Turtles movie because I don't know what these sort.
Speaker 2: Of movies are. Mayhem a great title.
Speaker 4: So it's it's oh, okay, so teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mutant Mayhem. That's the full title.
Speaker 2: That's that's full title.
Speaker 4: It's pretty fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: And also Seth Rogan, Evan Goldberg you know, behind it, so you know, it's like a real.
Speaker 2: Blast.
Speaker 4: I also want to give a go ahead.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, you guys both are have been recommending no hard feelings to me I have, Oh yeah, yeah that's the uh the one with one to Jennifer Lawrence. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And I gotta say, honestly, funnier than I thought it was gonna be. I was actually l lean guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's I don't know if I and part of me was just I think I went in because I was like, I want to see Like when you read how Jennifer Lawrence wanted to do a comedy, That's what he motivated me to see it, because I'm like, Okay, she says she's she wanted to fucking perform, and so I was intrigued by that, and yeah, she's fucking I think just because she is really able to not take herself seriously, she's able to be like a really good comedic performer, where I think part of the tension, you're like, she's such a leading actress, can she do X, Y or Z. And also Matthew Broderick as layered the dad of the one dud. His name's Laired. He is like the most like lib older dude VI Laired ass energy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was, I was, I was lloelling it was good time. I really want to give a quick shout out to They Clone Tyrone, which is actually on Netflix. Hilarious, Holy ship. They really just put out, just casually put out one of the funniest movies of the year.
Speaker 1: Really really have have you not seen They Clone Tyrone? Like a trailer and it seems like that is like very specific.
Speaker 4: John Boyega, Jamie Foxx, he for Sutherland's even the aunt Rando, Uh, it's it's uh, it's got David Allen Greer honestly lolls, hard lolls, hard lolls, hard lolls. It's about you know, it's like, you know, of course, an unlikely group of friends discovers a government conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, and it's yeah, what's it's not nine eleven. No, it's not no, no, no, no. Unfortunately, Well, all right, next.
Speaker 4: Time, those are some of the movies I recommend.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're gonna take a break, and when we come back, we are going to talk to TV. We're gonna talk The anticipation is palpable for the Golden Bachelor, so we're gonna talk about that, and then other recommendations will be right back, and we're back. And so the main thing that we want to talk about on TV is just the absolute dominance of suits. It's been watched for twenty six point five billion minutes total across Netflock, Netflock, Netflix and Pecock.
Speaker 2: For the really line structure, it's hard. I am through text. It's the making. It just hit seven weeks in a row, crossing the three billion minute mark. It's it's a genuine phenomenon.
Speaker 1: That nobody wants to talk about because they're scared, are we Well.
Speaker 4: Let's be real, that show would not really have a resurgence if it wasn't for once again, our People's Princess, Megan Markel sorry, hate to say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how and she would? She was on it for most of the seasons, right except for like.
Speaker 4: It for the majority of the show. I think she got written off later on to go do her duties.
Speaker 2: As the people's princess, obviously.
Speaker 4: Her duties to suffer under a racist, fucking monarchy.
Speaker 2: As every as every person dreams of adventure, yeah will it come for me?
Speaker 1: But again, this is one of those things where because streaming is like such a weird business model, like nobody pays nobody really pays attention to the fact that this is like the most popular thing on TV other than the NFL, Like just everybody's watching this. The show Suits is entering the bloodstream of America at unprecedented rates, and people are just like, yeah, whatever, Suits, I feel like And this was the nineties, and that many people were watching Suits, there would be you know, they'd be on the cover. They Megan Markle and the lawyer with a photographic memory who didn't go to Harvard but is pretending to go to Harvard.
Speaker 2: His name is Mike. Okay, Mike Okay, Rebecca a fan of Suits.
Speaker 4: I'm a fan.
Speaker 2: Okay, I supposed to understand.
Speaker 5: To the viral tiktoks of people watching Suits because it is now on Netflix. I succumb to the algorithm saying top ten shows in the country right now, Suits, even though it was on a million years ago.
Speaker 2: I was someone who four years ago a million Suits rewatch mode.
Speaker 6: I'm on Suits rewatch mode.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: I watched it on cable television when it was out airing every night. It is fun, Okay, it is a fun, good time. If you're like me who likes to watch disassociate of television aka television that is not current because you cannot be tasked with the weight of keeping up with something.
Speaker 2: This is great. It's a great television.
Speaker 1: It just takes you out of your body and makes you feel like you can just sit there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's I watched it all last week as I declaimed my apartment. It's fun to see the shenanigans the team gets into. It's very weird to see Megan Markle now that we know her as the People's Princess Mega Markole in like such a very silly evening television show with like a a love interest that's like, oh my god, you're better than Mike.
Speaker 6: And her hair is poorly done because they didn't know what to do with it.
Speaker 2: Wait, they get.
Speaker 1: Absolutely did you know this before you came out with your hard anti suits stance?
Speaker 4: You don't actually have to speak to me during this segment. I just don't worry about me.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we need beaciate you coming in to speak on behalf of it.
Speaker 2: I needed to everything million.
Speaker 5: Beak on my People's Princess, Megan Markle aka the best pairalegal.
Speaker 2: To ever cry. Rachel Zain Rachel Zayin, Yes, Rachel zain the people because like, Okay, from reading a little bit about it and watching trailers for the first couple of seasons, the thing that I gleaned from it is that like, I'm trying to understand why people are watching it, and I know that based on the sheer numbers. Jack, You're like, something is happening, but is it happening? There's something about the show or it just says to us right now that people are like I just need to fucking get away from it all. And Suits is somehow being the most potent vehicle for something like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like a big part of it is Netflix was really promoting it.
Speaker 6: They're like, we now have Suits. You want to rewatch that shit that you haven't seen in four years?
Speaker 5: And everyone was just kind of like, you know what, all of Netflix originals kind of suck right now. I absolutely will watch Suits, And I think there isn't a lure to it of like, oh did they scrub that from the internet. It just felt like it was kind of scrubbed because she was becoming the princess, like we couldn't watch any of her former work or like the Royal Family.
Speaker 1: There was a conspiracy on behalf of the royal family. Don't keep it from.
Speaker 5: Us exactly like she because she was being when she was in the Royal family, you know, rebranded as this person who is you know, solely out there doing humanitarian work, you know, fighting for you know.
Speaker 6: People's rights all that stuff.
Speaker 5: They're like, we can't have her making out on television, you know, because she'd be having some raunchy scenes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's some guy who didn't go to Harvard Law School and pretends to.
Speaker 6: Who is not Prince Harry.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So in many ways, we are all mega Markle because we were being kept from our true love by the Royal family. In this case, our true love is suits and absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: I just don't I still don't get it. You don't get it though, Like I get that like if those guy from Big yeah, wow, timely reference, but like it just feels like I get that it's not challenging plot lines or dialogue, and I think maybe there is like sort of that like if you have a secret or you've like there's an imposter syndrome element to it that's like relatable. But like at the end of the day, I'm like people really just I feel like people just have this shit on in the background, they do, I guess are people? Yeah, right, so you're not being like, yo, we gotta watch it and we gotta go through every little moment. So it's basically audio visual wallpaper.
Speaker 6: Yes, absolutely, And you.
Speaker 5: Can chime in and you're like, oh my god, TIHI that was a fun joke, or you're like, oh, go get my girl really is gonna make up with this guy right now? And all I can think about is that she's married to Prince Harry now while I'm watching this show.
Speaker 6: Was she ever really gonna know like, oh my god, I'm.
Speaker 5: Marrying Prince Harry eventually, Like you're just watching this is such a time capsule.
Speaker 6: Yeah, in American television.
Speaker 1: Okay, the acting it would take to be on a show pretending to be Rachel Zane with that just breaking into laughter and saying, fuck it all, I'm going to marry Prince.
Speaker 2: Harry is pretty That's crazy.
Speaker 1: It is weird that so many of our shows that we you know, we're in a time where like work is killing us and there's too much work, and work is driving a lot of unhappiness that like we end up gravitating towards the office and suits and these like workplace shows. But maybe it's just like revisiting the you know, the scene of the crime, like the thing that robbed us of our humanity, to like see it made right by this person who's like actually the best lawyer, even though he didn't go to the best.
Speaker 2: Schools, right because with the Office, I thought it was something to do with the time it came out and people are getting nostalgic for that. But this shit only came out four years ago, and it's not even like like I know people who are you know, like like in laws who are like, are you watching suits? And I'm like, wait, you're on this scrave too? Yeah, yeah, all right, well all right, the mystery continues. We should get back to super producer on a jse A stream Are you there, Anna, Yes, thank you Becca Grazie, Thank you Beca.
Speaker 1: But this is this is not America's streaming corner. This is on a jsey A streaming corner where she's going to tell you, so what what should we be streaming? Everybody is streaming suits? What should they be streaming? The television they need to be put their eyes on.
Speaker 4: So you know, there's a lot of great shows that are actually ending this year, which is sad. It's sort of an end of an era. But I just want to give some shout outs to what we do in the Shadows. Okay, we finally find out if Germo is going to become a vampire or not. You know, we'll find out anything could happen. Yeah, yeah, Anyways, she love saying that how to what John Wilson ended this show is so good man devastating. Honestly, that show could have gone on for eighty six more seasons. I like in season three it becomes very sort of like break the fourth wall, like him filming himself at the Emmys and stuff. It just gets so good. He goes to burning Man. Really great episode on that.
Speaker 2: I like how when he went to the own Emmy party for HBO, he wasn't on the list. I have a show on the fucking network. Like, sorry, Josh Wilson, we don't have to. He's ah, like what. The early episode about the penis enhancement guy is one of the craziest things ever. The foreskin rejuvenation. Yeah for skin rejuvenation. Yeah, He's always there was some incredible episodes.
Speaker 4: You know, I really enjoyed the one where he ends up at a sort of Avatar convention.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought that.
Speaker 4: One was so beautiful at the dyeah, it's just like, you know, I don't personally fuck with Avatar due to the aggressively racist undertones, but I I like that these people were able to find something that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're if you're looking for my co sign of the episode, I'm gonna give it to how To with John Wilson. It's like its own genre of media, Like it's totally its own thing.
Speaker 4: But for Nathan Fielder, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's but like he has such an incredibly unique narrative voice, Like, yeah.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to see what he does next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what else we got? What else? We said?
Speaker 4: By to Physical is Ending, which is a very sort of surreal but fun dark show about suffering from you know, eating disorders and body dysmorphia. I thought it was very entertaining. Rose Burnt Brynnnn, I don't know, so good. She's so good.
Speaker 2: I think she has such range rain.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You guys don't agree? Oh yeah, comedy to you know, do you guys not agree? I agree with that take? Why is she making a slashing joke from Australia.
Speaker 4: I really, I mean I've loved her for a while, from her days on Damages, God, God, Damages was great. Damages is what you should be watching, not suit Sorry to say it. And then also you know her and Seth Rogan in Platonic, Holy shit, they are so funny together from their neighbors' days to this Platonic. Guys, you even watched Platonic. I gotta say Apple TV really stepped up and put out some fucking content this year, from Platonic to Shrinking. Even the after Party season two was really funny. Shout out Paul what's his name, Paul Walter Hauser Howser, Walter, let me just Stirling, Paul Walter Houser. You got two last names that both sound like last names. I will never know which one goes first, but everyone in that was really great. Shout out to that. Anyway, go look at Apple TV great content. Shrinking was very funny. I was repressed nice. Harrison Ford does comedy.
Speaker 2: He does. I mean, it's like one of those things too. Chances are you probably get it for free with there's so many things you realize you get for free just from like being a member of some other thing now, like it's I'm surprised. I feel like I don't have to pay for streaming anymore because I'm They're like, oh, you have this insurance.
Speaker 1: Will you get Netflix? Huh, yeah, that's true. Oh you have twelve sandwiches on your subway card. Oh you get Hulu now for a year AD free.
Speaker 4: Oh anytime you buy any Apple product, they give you a year of Apple TV free.
Speaker 2: It is a little thirsty where they're like, here, man, six months, bro, do you want that. It's like, no, just needed a case for my iPhone. Okay, check it out though.
Speaker 4: Well anyway, so that's physicals ending. Reservation Dogs is ending sad. Such a great show.
Speaker 2: This is the third season now third season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they unfortunately canceled Single Drunk Female after only two seasons. Even though that show was so good, really loved it. Shout out to former guests Madison Shepherd, who plays one of the funniest characters on that show. Amazing the what is it was the person that you have to check in with after you like go to jail, p c. Not because she wasn't a pro officer, so maybe like maybe probation officer more more probation officer because this person wasn't on parole, she just got drunk.
Speaker 2: Relax anyway.
Speaker 4: Also, the Great is ending, which is unfortunate. Also a great show. The Other Two. I mean, never forget the Other Two. Regardless of all the drama behind the scenes, that show was next level. That final season of the Other Two was a beat in television.
Speaker 2: Filmmak Jack, did you come around to it? I did, Jack did. We had knives out for Jack when he's like, I don't know about this one.
Speaker 4: But again, glad your goddamn mind is the greatest episode of television.
Speaker 1: For some reason, like because we were like binging it. Going from season.
Speaker 2: Like whatever the penultimate season was to the last season. There's like a tonal shift that like fucked me up a little bit. But I did end up coming up.
Speaker 4: But the tone just was like, hey, you like the Other two, well this is the Other Two times six thousand, Like we are going full pure chaos where you don't know what's real and what's not.
Speaker 2: I did thought it was so good. I did love it.
Speaker 4: Apparently south Side is ending, which I haven't heard this, but I saw it online and that.
Speaker 2: Devastates me because it's so funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and Also, they canceled Zeaway after two seasons, which.
Speaker 2: Is big mistake, big huge mistake.
Speaker 4: But other things to watch that are still going on real quick, I'll do a quick one. Is this full on Hulu? Oh my god, Frankie Sostrata, don't miss it. It's so good, incredible. Ah, Soca New Disney plus Star Wars. Star Wars show follows to women of colors, so get in on it, okay. Also Soca legendary character. Of course, we have to give love too. Only murders in the building. Baby, They came for Martin Short.
Speaker 2: They came from people rose up.
Speaker 4: The whites were like absolutely.
Speaker 2: Y'all came out of the fucking portals to defend that man.
Speaker 4: I saw an incredible tweet the other day. I want to shout out from at YC when they say white people have no culture. I remember the day they mounted up for Martin Short.
Speaker 2: And we both shouted that tweet out and shouted you out for sending it yesterday's.
Speaker 4: Episode you definitely don't listen and okay, yeah, shout out only matters and building great show. And then of course I have to give really quick some love to some reality TV, The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City Season four I believe has started.
Speaker 2: I have not watched a single minute of this and you showed me a trailer for the upcoming season and it gave me a pen.
Speaker 4: That wasn't a trailer, honey, that was an opening.
Speaker 2: Of the show. That's how the show opens.
Speaker 4: That's how the show started. They were like, Oh, you wanted reality TV. This is theater. You're like, oh wow.
Speaker 2: This Shakespeare bringing your kids like a child choir singing underneath that.
Speaker 4: That's the whole show is they like, And You're like, what is happening? What are these women are arguing about?
Speaker 2: Cheese?
Speaker 4: You know you're going on, but I gotta say nonsensical Bible quotes that don't go together. Like everything about this show is pure camp. And I really recommend it. If you want to watch a reality show but you just don't know where to start and you want to get into some true nonsense, start watching Real Housewives a Salt Lake City because they are no one is doing it like them. They have no sense of what is happening in the outside world right because everything revolves around them and it is hilarious.
Speaker 2: And they're all going to jail.
Speaker 4: It's so funny the women in Salt Lake City.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they like a bit of fraud. Turns out they love fraud.
Speaker 4: They love to accuse each other of being in the mafia. They just genuinely have have There's no shame in their game, and that's what makes good TV.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think the real reality show that even I've been anticipating ever since you but you said it was happening. Yeah, go on, what you real believe?
Speaker 4: Love after Love?
Speaker 2: I don't remember y lyrics, but do you believe? Yes, yes, yes, yes, we're talking about the gold sort of singing it lyrics by Oh no, there's no way I could do the vocoder version of share right there. I don't It's hard.
Speaker 4: It's like you can well, I don't need all I don't need.
Speaker 2: There you go, there you go. It's got to do that little little wind pipe action. But yeah, the Golden Bachelor is coming out, and this is like taking exploitation to the next level. But this is exactly the kind of exploitation I needed to see because we have a seventy year old widower who is now looking at how many contestants does he have? How many eligible bachelorettes is there? Usually twenty sex.
Speaker 4: I believe there's twenty women.
Speaker 2: Vying for this man's heart. Yeah, but like the difference being to excuse me, but the difference here being that we've moved on from like, dude, anybody over thirty two is going to make us puke to saying this is this is purely a group of contestants between sixty and mid seventies ish for this seventy year old man whose name is spelled like Jerry but pronounced Gary to experience the whole Bachelor process with. Yeah, so they've spelled j e r r wild no Ja or.
Speaker 4: Spelled g e r r y but pronounced Gary.
Speaker 2: That does that read is Gary or Jerry? To you? That's that's definitely Ja, that's.
Speaker 4: Jerry, right, It's.
Speaker 2: Look, that's scary. I mean, who knows. Again, that's for him to figure out. But okay, I mean and you watch enough Bachelor to know that, Like, I think the thing you always worry about with contestants on it, with like the youthful contestants is like they know there's like this Bachelor to spawn con pipeline that you've definitely put me onto ever since I've come on to Will you accept this Rose, but it feels like with this these are truly like women in their sixties and seventies who are like, I'm ready to be in love again, and there's like a weight to it that just feels, I don't know, the stakes feel much higher.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So they've been promoting this like Senior Bachelor for a while, being like, oh, we're trying to get us.
Speaker 2: You know they do listening, dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've been like, sign up now for the Senior Bachelor for like two or three years now, and we've all been like, yeah, right, well believe it when we see it. You keep teasing us, but you won't give us anything.
Speaker 2: So they finally did.
Speaker 4: They brought out Jerry, but I think it actually took them a very long time to find the perfect lead in Gary Jerry, which I think him being a widower is key because one, you don't have an ex wife being like fucking Jerry Gary, whatever the fuck?
Speaker 1: That would be an episode that's like instead of going to meet with a family, you were going to meet with the ex wife.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, you're still paying alimony. Yeah. Yeah, it's real tough, but yeah, like I think, yeah, the widower aspect definitely gives it a little bit of oomph for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it gives it some oomph. It gives you know, uh, it makes Gary Jerry a sympathetic character. He clearly didn't cheat on his wife or like, you know, I don't know, start some situation that's negative that the ex wife can come out and complain about or the daughters can't be.
Speaker 2: Like he left mom or whatever.
Speaker 4: So it's kind of perfect because he's like, oh, I'm sad even though his wife died six years ago. There is sort of an energy that you might not be ready, but you know, I hat I'm here to watch too.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, exploitation to the level I'm here for, because I'm not even sure Gary is like when he talks about how his wife passed away, it broke my heart, just like that entire studio audience did when they were hearing his story for the first time about like they were retiring together and they picked out this perfect lake house and then like within days of like getting this house, she just like succumbs to like a terrible bacterial infection. Oh my god, you're pasted on, Mike.
Speaker 4: And she was the love of his life, like child or high school sweetheart's been together, you know, a thousand years, however old they are. And but you know what, now he's got twenty two eligible senior women, all sixty plus. There's a great trailer where they're dancing to shares. Do you believe in love after love? I don't even know what the right after love is. Yeah, and let me tell you they are. They are dancing like a like a big pharma. I just discovered a medic caase that's gonna help me with my you know, dot dot dot. And they are living their best lives.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen somebody put on hosiery since the eighties. And they have like a scene or she's like rolling it up her leg. I'm like, that's a visual trope. I have not seen it in a while. Yeah, it was something, and I think, yeah, this is exactly. This is kind of what you want to see her. People who are actually motivated to try and find someone rather than can I stay on camera the longest, which I feel like that's most of these people seem so far out of the range of being poisoned by social media that they are going to come in with, you know, a genuine desire to meet.
Speaker 4: Somebody and look, their fun facts are incredible. Like one of the women, Christina's, her first concert was the Beatles in nineteen sixty four. Like you know, Edith is building an EIGHTYU in her backyard and she's the project manager. Like one lady's like I love Christmas.
Speaker 2: And they're like, of course you right right, because you're just gonna teach Americans how to live better because they're all retired and they just like have amazing like things to do with the time.
Speaker 4: Well, they're like Sandral is very proud of her high credit score.
Speaker 2: Waits Sandra. Of course, Sandra, that was the seventy five year old woman who is ageless. Wow. Yeah, he was.
Speaker 4: A former aerobics champion. That's not a thing anymore because an aerobics champion.
Speaker 2: You know what's there? What's everybody's favorite hobby though? Pickball? They all said they played pickleball, which is.
Speaker 4: Also guess what, Marina not two master's degrees, She's got three master's degrees. Why why Marina?
Speaker 2: Because I got the master's degree and what do you do with that? I'm a professional pickleball player.
Speaker 4: And they're all like, I love Bruce Springsteen and you're like, of course you do. It's incredible.
Speaker 2: They're like, I watched Judge Judy.
Speaker 4: Honestly, you really it doesn't get better than this. It's like, I've never related to people on The Bachelor more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the pickleball thing is interesting because they all are like, and I love to play pickaball and I loved it, Like they cut it together. Everybody talk and then one of them like does a flirty thing where they're like, I'm bringing a pickleball, he can We'll.
Speaker 2: See if you can handle it, if you like my pickleball. That's like the Three Masters. Yes, but a pickleball is just like a whiffle ball. It's not like a sexy thing.
Speaker 1: It's such a weird like flirt.
Speaker 2: They're seventy I know pickleball code. It's it's code for senior orgies.
Speaker 4: Here's why Teresa taught herself all about the stock market. Like it is. This is next level, baby. We are here, We're the golden era of the Bachelor. Literally, they're all like, hey, do you know about four oh one K's And Gary Jerry's like, oh, she's like rolling overfield so heated, you know, Like they're just like.
Speaker 1: Gary Jerry really looks like he is just what a bachelor with agent too, Like he he looks so stereotypically like a bachelor, right right, right, there is something strange happening with whatever his self tannered solution is. But overall, I'm here for it.
Speaker 2: The fact that.
Speaker 1: They've gone with a golden rose as the like kind of central symbol of this makes me uneasy that that feels like it is as likely to be a murder weapon as anything.
Speaker 2: But it's pretty lotty. It looks pretty floppy aesthetics. Bro, I saw him pick it up. It was loppy. It's gonna be the new clue. Well, I will say real quick, there's some mysterious things about Gary Jerry's bois past.
Speaker 4: Watch it, dude, don't come for Gary Jerry. Larry there was really great well. He he was on the Bachelor finale, like after the final rows and all these all the new bachelors were like giving him advice, and they were just saying like all this stuff. I don't know, the way they were talking, you could just tell Gary Jerry had no idea what was going on. Like he genuinely was just like, ha, I don't know what any of this means, Like he just has no sense I think they're really trying to media train him to be like kind of like hip and cool, but like his energy's like hah yeah.
Speaker 2: It's just so it's so normcore, you know. I think that's what's kind of refreshing, is that he doesn't have like he doesn't seem the best on camera, but he does seem like he's genuinely interested in having his skin look darker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're like, everyone's gonna slide into your dms and he was like, oh.
Speaker 2: No, what what well do you remember the promo? They're like, his dms have postage on it and his thirst dress are in a leather bound album and you're like, okay, we get it, Like, don't oop it, don't fuck us up with your bad copy, right, just let carry Jerry do his thing. Oh, traps are these to catch lobster. Here's the thing, though, how many people from this cast are gonna get found out? Because whenever there's a season of The Bachelor Bachelorette, people always find a way to be like this person was actually the former Grand Wizard of the kkk oh and they're like oop, sorry, true.
Speaker 4: Now here's the thing. Kars from Indiana, So we do have to kind of be like Carrie Jerry, We're gonna have to see who you've been donating to for the last like twenty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm just I'm I feel like we're gonna some some people are gonna slip through the cracks, and I feel like, in evident loafer is gonna drop, Yeah, exactly, one's the other foam shoe gonna drop? Yeah, that's true. What do you think the chances are? Is it pretty much guaranteed every season? And you watch enough to know if every season they are, like y'all fucked up again?
Speaker 4: A lot of them more recently, as like the Internet has become you know, easier to find everyone's goddamn everything that they've ever done, Like I know exactly how much you donated to Trump and when you know, like you can.
Speaker 2: Find that out. Yeah, it's called OpenSecrets dot org. Mm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just checking to see if anyone is from Palm Beach, Florid. Most of them seen from pretty progressive hubs, so let's fingers crossed. I also do want to give a shout out to Matt James, our first black bachelor.
Speaker 2: His mom, Patty is one of the women. Oh wow, oh yeah, yeah shit, Okay, well, like everybody's gonna find love, that's gonna be interesting though. The family episodes will be interesting with like young like kids, like what's your fucking problem? Gary?
Speaker 4: And I spell your name Jerry, but you spell it Gary. God, we have to get our moms on this.
Speaker 1: It could go either way, Gary, because it's g E R R y, so like I keep forgetting which one it is, like which one I thought it was when I first saw it, and which one it actually is because it's neither. It's just a It would be Gary if anything, but he's really fucked us with this name spelling, pronunciation.
Speaker 2: Impressive. Impressive stuff from the Golden Bachelor, quite impressive. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 4: I'm at Annahostnia on Twitter. I'm at selling host Nia on Instagram. I gotta say Twitter has been very funny lately.
Speaker 1: Still out there, there's still people out here being funny on Twitter. So that's just your recommendation.
Speaker 2: Twitter.
Speaker 4: Oh is this when I tell you what my favorite social media moments are?
Speaker 2: Let's do that. Anna. Is there something that you've been enjoying on of media, social or otherwise? Sure?
Speaker 4: On Twitter? That was a really funny tweet by Jen Altoyd's at Static Blue Bat, who said, how long do you think George W. Bush waited to have sex again? After nine to eleven happened, which I don't know why, but I was like really thinking about it last night. I was like, now I find was the president on a terrorist attack? What would happen with my libido?
Speaker 2: Does it go up or does it go down? I feel like for him, right, I don't know anyway.
Speaker 4: We'll never know until we ask him. Uh. And then well I really enjoyed watching little Wayne watch tennis.
Speaker 2: Oh is he at the US Open? He was at Cocoa's game? Incredible? Yeah, he's written some really good stuff for The York Times about tennis.
Speaker 4: Well, there was also a letter they published him when he was I.
Speaker 2: Believe he was in in jail about Federer. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He was able to predict like the men and Women's Championships from his cell at Riker's Island in twenty ten, which see smart, Such a smart dude.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, did you see how you performed missus Officer at Kamala Harris's fiftieth Anniverse Hip Hop show? Wait what he performed missus Officer it's that track at Kamala Harris's Hip Hop fiftieth Anniversary show. Wow. Hell yeah, he's out here. He's out here. Although didn't he take money? Wasn't he given into Trump too? Anyway, it's all you broke. All these rappers are all over the place right now. Miles Where can people find you? What is the work media you've been enjoying at Miles of Gray Everywhere? And then find Jack and I on our basketball podcast Moles and Jack on mat Boosti's you can find out you know all about ninety Day Fiance on four to twenty Day Fiance and check out The Good Thief where we talk about the Greek robin hood. All episodes are out now, So yeah, if you want to binge it, go ahead and leave a rating in a review please. I would love that. I would really appreciate that tweet I like is from Nick Hurwitch at He Wizard tweeted all these quote progressives dog piling drewp Aarrymore as if they don't know she has short term memory loss and needs to have to strike explain to her each day by Adam Sandler. That's great.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien and I'm as Jack, I'm at thus D's a couple of tweets I've been enjoying. Brent at Merman five tweeted cutting my forehead when no one is looking like a wrestler so I.
Speaker 2: Can leave work early and then you know, with football coming back and you know there's a crazy sports weekend. Ryan at Barnes RBW tweeted name the fan base and it's a bar graph with trash talk really high levels versus championships. To back it up, Zero and the Thick husband and father responded the Confederacy me, okay, yeah, got their ass.
Speaker 1: You can find on Twitter at daily zeikeeist were at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website daily zeikeis dot com where we post our episodes and our footnote where we look where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy.
Speaker 2: Myles, what's the song we think people might enjoy? We're gonna go out on an artist who has been sampled by you know, Future and other rappers. I think also want to say, like Juice World even sampled some of her work. But this is Rosie Love from the UK and the track is called Paris Texas and it's just like really good like new R and B. Her like you know, her like singing style is kind of spooky whispers style, but she can sing and the production on it is really good, super dope rhythm section. So you'll like this Paris Texas by Rosielolwe.
Speaker 1: All right, we will link off to that in the footnote. The Daily Zeitgeist is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app Apple podcast wherever you listen to your favorite shows.
Speaker 1: That is going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you all then what like who you believe