Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to the Thursday edition of Fair Territory. I'm Ken Rosenthal here with Alana Rizzo, and before we get into it, I want to thank our co host the last week while I was off, Robert Murray and Tim Kirchin, and most of all, I want to thank Olana because in any business you want to work with true pros. Alana is a true pro. I am grateful that she is my partner here. Now we can get into things, and we can get into Alana's former team, but we're not going to start with.
Speaker 2: Them, all right, Can you start with the Dodgers?
Speaker 3: It was great, Yeah, it was. It was great to be with Robert and Tim. But I'm so happy that you are back and you're right. Let's get to the lead and those mighty mighty Brewers.
Speaker 2: What's going on.
Speaker 4: It's impressive obviously what they're doing.
Speaker 1: And let's go through the numbers first and just explain where they are in terms of the division, the races. All of that twelve game winning streak twenty seven of thirty one, they've won twenty seven of thirty one. They have the best record in baseball by six and a half games, By six and a half games, they're on a one hundred and three win pace, and you wonder how the offense works. We're gonna show you two different full screens here to explain just what they do. Runs per game right now, they are tied for first in the majors.
Speaker 4: With the Dodgers. It's incredible.
Speaker 1: Batting average, second on base second, slugging fourteenth. Why is the slugging fourteenth, Well, let's look at the next graphic here, and this explains it. Home runs per game, they're nineteenth.
Speaker 4: In the majors.
Speaker 1: But what do they do well everything else? Strikeout rate twenty six, one of the best teams in the majors in that regard outs on the basis, that's whatob is. How many outs do they make on the bases twenty six in the majors. Fifth, best extra base taking percentage, that's the last category. Extra base taking percentage fourth in the majors. So all of these little things that they do so well, as Brian Reynolds of the Pirates said yesterday, they just do every thing right. In addition, a lot of they pitch great. They're third in the majors in era, eighth in strikeout rate. They've got it all going and it's really interesting to me that they're doing this in a sport in which what's valued right now power velocity, pitch velocity, exit velocity.
Speaker 4: They don't necessarily have that.
Speaker 1: They have it to a degree on the pitching staff, but that is not the way they go about it, and they're shaming the entire sport doing it their own way, a fundamentally sound way, and you'll wonder why more teams don't follow suit. And there's one more point I want to make on the Brewers.
Speaker 4: We talk about small market.
Speaker 1: Teams, how they can't win, they can't sustain success. Brewers make the playoffs this year, which they are bound to do. It will be their seventh playoff appearance in eight years. And you'll say, oh, Camp, but they haven't won a World Series. That is not the measure. The measure is getting to the playoffs and then hopefully in any case but big market, small market, being lucky enough to put it together, healthy enough to sustain three or four rounds.
Speaker 4: That's how this sport works.
Speaker 1: And they are doing it at a higher level than any other club and.
Speaker 3: Ken because of the way that they're doing it, they may go in as a division winner and not have to go in as a wildcard team, which they have been exited.
Speaker 2: Early the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: How big would that be for them to go in as a division winner, perhaps a host in the first round and not have to go the wildcard route.
Speaker 1: It's big for any team, Alana, and obviously it's something all these teams strive for. And we're going to talk about the Dodgers and Padres in a second. Right now, the two teams with the buys in the National League would be the Brewers and the Phillies. And of course you skip around, you get a buye into the division series.
Speaker 4: You're in great shape if you do that.
Speaker 1: Otherwise you're subjected to what you just mentioned. What the Brewers have dealt with the wildcard round, all the problems that can ensue in a two of three. So they have done this again at an extremely high level. And I want to also mention the Blue Jays here before we get into the Dodgers and Padres, because the Blue Jays do a lot of similar things. They don't strike out, lowest strikeout rate in the majors, high batting average, high on base they slug a little bit more than the Brewers, but they too, are a fairly fundamentally sound team, and it is showing in the American League East what they've done there. They've played at an extremely high level all season long, much like their friends in Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks like the NL West.
Speaker 3: I thought it was going to be a two horse race ken between the Brewers and the Cubs. Right now it looks like the Brewers are pulling away, and it's a much tighter race.
Speaker 2: In the NL West.
Speaker 3: The Padres have leapfrogged the Los Angeles Dodgers. The Dodgers are now in second place. The Padres are playing tremendously well, and they will face off six times in the next ten days.
Speaker 1: They will Alana, And let's show you exactly how this has transpired over the.
Speaker 4: Last six weeks. It's actually been one day less.
Speaker 1: Than six weeks in which this whole thing has turned. July third n West standings, Dodgers fifty six and thirty two, a nine game lead over the Padres. Today, it is a ten game swing in a span of forty one days, including the All Star break San Diego sixty nine and fifty two. The Dodgers one game back at sixty eight and fifty three. That's as rapid a turnaround as you will see. And Alta, We've been talking about this all year. The one thing that has bugged me about the Dodgers, and I understand it because they're coming off a deep run into the postseason, a World Series title, but there's been an overall lack of urgency. They've slow played injuries, they've kind of just drifted along without putting down the hammer. Now again, you had injuries coming off of the World Series title, Blake Tryan and Evan Phillips, others who were worn down from that, and you have, naturally this kind of letdown every team experiences. It's, let's face it, old hat for the Dodgers to make the playoffs, but at some point, at some point, they've got to turn it on. Now, maybe it's as you mentioned, these six games in the next ten days against San Diego, first at Dodger Stadium, then at Petco Park. But you wonder if the Dodgers will be able to do that. And you've got with the Padres a team that has shown urgency, a team that acted with far greater urgency at the deadline. We saw what aj Preller did. He basically fixed every weekness they had. So yes, the Dodgers are going to get Tanner Scott and Kirby Yates and Michael Kopek back. Okay, but what level are they going to pitch at and is everyone else going to stay healthy? We just saw Brock Stewart go down. He just got there. So this kind of thing. If I'm the Dodgers, I'm a little alarmed right now. And if I'm Dave Roberts, I'm saying, guys, it's time to go. They should know that. I understand that, but it is time for them to go. And on the other hand, the Padres all the credit in the world what they've done offensively, the moves that they've made with Loriano and O'Hearn and Freddy for meen transformed the offense, made.
Speaker 4: It much deeper. And of course the bullpen is utterly ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It's disgusting.
Speaker 3: It was the best bullpen in baseball before they even added Mason Miller. Now, the Padres haven't won the division, Ken you know this since two thousand and six. Is this the year that it changes? Do the Padres win the NL West or do the Dodgers get it together?
Speaker 1: If I had to bet right now. I would bet the Padres. I just like everything that is going on with them, the way they are going about it, the way they're playing, just the overall vibe, for lack of a better phrase, Dennis Lynn and the Athletic Today explains by the numbers, just how the Padres have done this in less than six weeks. I'm curious to your opinion. Do you think the Dodgers can win this division as they've done so many times over the last decade.
Speaker 3: Well, I can tell you that I don't think that they've gotten any sort of positive traction the entire length of the season. Can we are very close to what thirty games left in the year thirty thirty five something like that. There's not been these amazing streaks of time in which the Dodgers have rattled off, you know, nine ten eleven wins straight, like what the Brewers are doing right now. And I know that they keep saying that, you know, everybody's not healthy. As long as the Dodgers are healthy to the key components at the right time, which is the end of the season going into October, you know, end of September going into October, I do believe that they win the division again, but it's not going to be by a very comfortable margin. We're not going to see a ten eleven game cushion. And I honestly think whatever happens in the next six games with the Padres determines the division entirely. So if they win these next two series, then I think they win the division. If the Padres win the next two series, I think San Diego wins its first inn Al West title since two thousand and six.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll just add one more thing. I'll believe the Dodgers are going to be healthy and reasonably full strength when I see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you and me both, Yeah, you and me both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're getting healthy. They're coming back. They're coming back.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: The Foul Territory Network has both sides of this race covered, Friar Territory and Dodgers' Territory. We're turning out multiple no episodes every single week. Tune in for our crossover today with Friar hosts Kyle Glazier joining Clympsius and me on the Dodgers Territory Show at noon Pacific that's three pm Eastern after Foul Territory subscribe on YouTube and wherever you get your podcast to the entire Foul Territory network all right, from the NL West Ken to the AL West and the Houston Astros. I don't know how this team continues to be a top of the division almost every single year despite losing a lot of key pieces to their starting rotation Alex Bregman as well as Kyle Tucker. How are they doing this?
Speaker 1: And then you're Don Alvarez in early May. We have not seen him. It's amazing what they've done. And yes, Christian Javier and Spencer Araghetti are back in the rotation.
Speaker 4: It's a great thing for the Astros.
Speaker 1: But the news on Josh Hater is rather disturbing, to say the least. Joe's spot is saying yesterday it looks like it's going to be more than two weeks because of that shoulder. It just does not sound good here. And if it's more than two weeks, then we're looking at the end of August, assuming he is actually all right to pitch. Even at that point, then he has to build up again. So will we see Josh Hater again this season? At this point that is a legitimate question. Now, the Mariners had their eight game winning streak end yesterday in Baltimore. But they made the two big moves of the deadline, Naylor, who has been great, Suarez eh okay, and they also have a pitching staff that we've been talking about for years that is capable of doing big things. To me, you've got to slay the Giant, and what I mean by that is you've got to prove you can beat the Astros and overtake them in a division race before we really believe that the Mariners are that team. But they are positioned to do that. It's just the Astros have this way about them and even if Hater is down, obviously it's compromising their bullpen.
Speaker 4: If that's the case.
Speaker 1: In a long term sense, Brian A. Brady proves he can close, I'm sure.
Speaker 4: He'll do that.
Speaker 1: He did it last night. But everybody gets moved up a notch. It becomes more difficult, as Eric Kratz pointed out on Foul Territory yesterday, to go back to back days and close out games because your A guys are used, your A relievers are used in the first game, and you might not have them for the second or the third, whatever the case might be.
Speaker 4: It's a difficult spot.
Speaker 1: They're in without Hater, assuming it's going to be that way for some time, but I would still pick them until proven otherwise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that the Hater loss, obviously is a huge loss. I'd be surprised if we saw Josh Hayter back with the Astros, certainly in this regular season. Much more to come on Fair Territory with Ken Rosenthal. It so great to have Ken back, of course on his show. Next we're going to have Grill and Ken, So get your questions in for Grill and Ken right after the break.
Speaker 2: And a word from our Foul Territory partners.
Speaker 5: Hey, we love ripping flap packs on Arena Club. I just ripped one in a ruby pack. Those are fancy schmancy. And I pulled a Matt Shaw twenty twenty three Bowman Draft Aqua Lunar Creator refractor card and I guess what. Guess what? I got a little offer. You get the instant offer right away. Okay, so they're offering me one hundred twenty one bucks, sell it back and then I can get a new slab pack.
Speaker 4: What do I do?
Speaker 6: I want to see this thing? Hold on, look at that. That's a beautiful card. You know what I think that's a safe bet. I think it's gonna make you a little bit of money. I think the more more big league time he gets, I'd almost take the deal, though I'm in it for the chase.
Speaker 4: I like opening more packs.
Speaker 6: I think that one hundred and twenty one can buy you a couple more slabs to open. And uh, I think you keep chasing until you get someone you really like. But that's the best part about it for me.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: You can sell it back one hundred and twenty one bucks and then open up another slab pack. Use the code foul to receive twenty percent off your first slab pack or card purchase at arenaclub dot com slash foul.
Speaker 2: All right, we welcome you back.
Speaker 3: That's a fair territory as time now for Grill and Ken an opportunity for you to ask Can Rosenthal some questions. The first question is, in regards to you, Ken, whether you believe in peaking too early? Are the Brewers peaking too early?
Speaker 1: It's a fair question, right, because the Brewers are so incredibly hot, you wonder if they can sustain it, and the answer is they probably cannot. Just that the Detroit Tigers earlier this season could not sustain what they were doing. The better question is which teams will be hot in October going into October? And that is when this matters. Actually, some teams have had recent success, the Texas Rangers in twenty twenty three without even being hot going into October, and then they got hot once the playoffs started. So I don't know that the teams that were talking about the Tigers the Brewers can peak too early. They're good and they're going to be good, but how can they sustain it and how can they regenerate themselves coming into October?
Speaker 4: That's going to be the question.
Speaker 1: What I like about the Brewers in this regard is they are such a strong pitching staff and with Miserowski back, presumably at some point they're going to be a dangerous team in October. With Peralta Missowski, Brandon Woodriff doing what he's doing, Quinn Priester, they've got a really good group going right now. So I like that about them a lot. They've got depth to in the pitching, so that's going to be there. The offense can do what it's doing right now, I don't know, but certainly they will drive teams crazy, And I was thinking about this today. Let's say the Brewers played the Yankees in the World Series. Let's say it was this year's Brewers against last year's Yankees. Those Brewers, these Brewers would have driven the Yankees' batty much like the Dodgers did. And they're going to do that to other teams as well. So I am anxious to see how they look come the postseason.
Speaker 3: Ken, Is this the best use of a twenty six man roster? What Pat Murphy and mark on Tanasio in the front office and the coaching staff is doing right now?
Speaker 2: They're getting a lot out of a lot of guys.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right, Alana, And it really extends beyond twenty six. They've got guys in the miners who have contributed, Chad Patrick, Logan Henderson, and they're not even on the major league team right now. So what they have done, with a piecemeal budget and just a lot of different elements is build what is almost an ideal team. When I say team, I don't mean a collection of individuals, a group that works together, cohesively and is all committed to the same thing. And that's what the key thing to me is with them. They have an ethic about them, a way about them in which there's not much ego. They are all pulling in the same direction, and it's a team concept. The way they offensively go about it is a team concept. It's not just guys swinging for the fences. It's one guy doing this, the next guy doing that, going first to third, sacrifice, moving runner, all these different things that they do. And they will hit for power at times as well. So from that perspective, they're gonna be a difficult team to beat in the postseason.
Speaker 3: Tommy Losorda used to say that everybody should be pulling on the same side of the rope. That is the twenty twenty five Milwaukee Brewers. Okay, on your article Ken recently about Mason Miller, obviously we know that he's part of that unbelievable uh Padres bullpen. But Armand wants to know were when you're talking about the Mets being in as one of the teams, would the Mets just have gotten Miller back, or would have JP Sears or any other a starter been a part of the package.
Speaker 1: Armand That's a good question, and unfortunately it's one I did not ask. I was just more concerned about whether they were in on Miller and how seriously they were in on Miller, And they were, and the way I reported it was that they were perhaps the most serious team after San Diego. They had extensive discussions about this. I would imagine at some point Sears came up because he came up in the other discussions with the Padres, and the Mets certainly needed a starter as well. I don't know that JP Sears would have been the answer. Padres already have demoted him to the minor leagues. But to answer your question, I don't know because I didn't ask and Armand I should have asked.
Speaker 3: Maybe Armand can be an apprentice with you one day and just kind of like follow you around Ken, maybe he can ask some questions.
Speaker 2: He's had some good questions here on Grill and Ken. Likelihood. As we talked about earlier of the Padres.
Speaker 3: Winning the NL West, what is the likelihood of the Mariners winning the AL West or do you think it still needs to be Houston. You got to slay that beast as you were talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as I mentioned before, to me, that's the whole thing here.
Speaker 4: Houston is the team that.
Speaker 1: Has been at the top of that division most of the last decade, and I don't see that changing until it changes.
Speaker 4: Right now. It's kind of a cop out answer, I get it.
Speaker 1: But to me, as I just said, you've got to slay the dragon, you've got to knock them out, and you gotta do it, it's kind of like what the Padres have to do with the Dodgers, and there's something there.
Speaker 4: So I would go with Houston until proven otherwise.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this before we go to break. By the way, Duden, Dork of the Week is next. I don't believe the Padres are scared of the Dodgers at all. Are the Mariners intimidated by the Astros?
Speaker 4: I don't believe.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: I don't know that it's the same thing as the Padres and Dodgers, because the Padres in their minds, had the Dodgers beat last year, and they knocked them out a couple of years before that. Now, granted, the Dodgers came back and won the Division series down two to one in San Diego. We all know what happened. But the Padres burn from what happened. They believe that they were the better team, and certainly now if you look at their roster, they have every right to believe they are on equal, if not greater footing than the Dodgers. The Mariners Astros thing is a little bit different because the Mariners have been more of a little brother, I guess, so to speak. But they have shown this year that they can win in Houston, and they've.
Speaker 4: Shown that they can beat the Astros.
Speaker 1: So I don't know that it's that kind of thing where they're scared of them or intimidated by them. It's just a matter of which team is better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you ask any Dodger fan or player, even Dave Roberts. The Potteris were the toughest team they faced in the postseason all of last year. All Right, we're gonna come back with Dude and Dork of the Week. Right after this quick.
Speaker 5: Break, Kratz tell everyone why they need to look into a virtual private network aka a VPN.
Speaker 4: That's kind of like wearing trousers.
Speaker 1: It keeps everything private and secure whenever you venture out.
Speaker 5: That's good, that's really good. And surf Shark creates user friendly privacy and security solutions to protect your data and your privacy online. It enables you to virtually explore the globe browse privately by encrypting your Internet activity and block ads and malware that may disrupt your experience. So go to surfshark dot com slash foul or use the code foul at check out at surfshark dot com to get four extra months of surf Shark VPN. It's a risk free, thirty day money back guarantee and the ft fam is hooked up with four extra months of surf Shark VPN when you sign up at surf shark dot com and use the code foul. It is time to take control of your online security. Try surf Shark today.
Speaker 1: Dude, dude, dude.
Speaker 2: Time for due to the week with Ken Rosenthal. Who do you have this week? Ken?
Speaker 1: Well, I know we've been talking about them all morning, Alana, but how can we pick anyone but the Milwaukee Brewers, winners of twelve straight got free burgers for the good citizens of Milwaukee by doing that, And it's just to me a lesson for the entire sport what they've done. Frankly, it's embarrassing the rest of the sport.
Speaker 4: What they've done.
Speaker 1: And there is so much to learn here. There is so much that people can look at and say, oh, okay, we can do it like that.
Speaker 4: You see the twelve straight wins.
Speaker 1: The George Web restaurants are going to have to I don't know what they're going to have to do, but Brewers are dudes of the week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Milwaukee Brewers have single handedly put the George Web restaurants out of business. I'm getting congratulations to the Brewers, and good on you, George Web for feeding your community.
Speaker 2: My dude of the week is a dudet It is Jen.
Speaker 3: Powell, of course, becoming the first female Major league baseball umpire.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to her. That was well earned.
Speaker 3: I mean, she's had to toil through the minor leagues, just as all umpires have had to do, obviously paying her dues. Great to see her becoming the first Empire ever to do a regular season Major league game. Of course, the game between the Marlins and the Braves, and I don't want to hear it about the call. Every single person in their first major league baseball game doesn't have a perfect umpiring scorecard. Just yesterday, Stebe Bugner missed seven calls in the first inning. So congratulations to Jen Powell. Hopefully the first of many. Okay, time now for dork of the week, Ken, who do you have?
Speaker 1: All right? Alta, we haven't talked about this yet, and in any other week, when maybe less things were happening or fewer things were happening.
Speaker 4: We'd be talking big time about this.
Speaker 1: The pole Ad family for deciding to keep the twins instead of selling them.
Speaker 4: They're the dorks of the week, and they're the dorks of.
Speaker 1: The week, not for that decision in a vacuum. They're the dorks of the week because of what has happened in the last several years with this team, how they've cut payroll, how they essentially oversaw a fire sale at the deadline, how they brought this team down from a pretty high perch, and yet because they couldn't get their price, they said, you know what, We're not going to do this and I want one more thing out there. At least from my perspective on this particular issue, you're going to hear as we get closer to the CBA talks that, well, we need a salary cap because owners aren't getting enough money for their teams. Franchise values are not what they should be. It's not on the players to get the franchise values higher. Players are doing a good enough job just by performing on the field. That's what they're supposed to do.
Speaker 4: So you want to make an argument for a salary gap, don't make that argument.
Speaker 1: At least to me, it's weak. And for the Pole Ads to kind of just bawl on this sale and do what the Nationals and Angels have done reverse course after putting the team on the market, it's bad news for the fans of Minnesota, and that's who we should care about the most.
Speaker 3: That is exactly what I was going to ask you in terms of the reverse actions here. How similar is this situation with the Twins to Artie Moreno, with the Angels and the group with the Nationals trying to sell and then deciding not to and then perhaps we will and then maybe we're not.
Speaker 7: Are there similarities in this It's difficult to say without knowing the particulars, Alana, but the similarity seems to be they're not getting the prices they wanted.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe they're asking too much. I don't know. It's not something that we're privy to. But the Twins were pretty clearly in search of one point seven billion, and the minority investors coming.
Speaker 4: In as the Athletic reporter.
Speaker 1: Today the valuation is above one point seven billion, So at that level they.
Speaker 4: Could get it.
Speaker 1: They just couldn't get the whole chunk, I would imagine. And again, each situation is different. But maybe owners should not be looking for X when they're only getting Why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's unbelievable one point seven billion for the Minnesota Twins. My dork of the week as the couple that decided to get married in between a ballgame with the eph Guardians a guaranteed rate field. Not only to me personally, is it bad enough to have a JumboTron proposal, but how about a wedding in the middle of a game? I don't know, in between innings. I mean, honestly, I don't know about this. That's not for me, but I guess I don't know. Happy marriage is that? And my old lady yelling at clouds I don't know?
Speaker 2: This to me is so tacky.
Speaker 4: I can only speak to my own personal situation.
Speaker 1: My wife would not have gone for such a stunt. Not the proposal, the wedding, not the ballpark, not any of it.
Speaker 2: To me, it is so unoriginal.
Speaker 3: I obviously she has I would imagine she is a large baseball fan, or she probably would have put the kebash on this whole situation and the whole thought of doing this. But in between I mean that that is a rushed wedding, right, talk about shotgun wedding. You only have in between innings, Like there's a pitchclock, Like, guys gotta get on the mound and throw and throw the baseball cain like do you I do?
Speaker 2: Do you sure?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Great? Go back to your seats and have a hot talk.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 5: An easy way to support the show and wear super comfy clothing is by heading to foul Territoryshop dot com. Yes, foul Territory Shop dot com is loaded with foul territory gear and lots of fair territory gear. If you want to give some love to Ken and Alana, go check out a hat, a T shirt, and a lot more coffee mug in the morning. Foul Territoryshop dot com is the spot.
Speaker 2: Ken.
Speaker 3: There was an interesting article from Tyler Kepner talking about Pete Alonso and what he means to the New York Mets. Should Steve Cohen and the Mets sign this man up for a lifetime contract to retire as a Met.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm experiencing deja fulana. We were having this conversation last year at this time, and it's going to be a very similar conversation this offseason.
Speaker 4: Alonso has an opt out.
Speaker 1: He's going to opt out as he should and explore the market again. He wants to be a Met. The Mets wanted to stay with the Mets. The question is will they pay him what he wants, what he thinks is appropriate. With his agent, Scott boris Now, Pete said the other day after breaking the team's franchise home run record, that it's on Steve Cohen and David Stearns, and I know what he meant. He meant it's got to start with them wanting him. But ultimately this is a negotiation between the two parties. And what happened last year, it dragged on and on and on because they could not agree on Pete's future value, and it's.
Speaker 4: Going to be very similar.
Speaker 1: He's a year older now, and heaven forbid a player turned thirty in this day and age, but that's what happens, and teams look at that. And while he should be a Met forever, the question is going to be how much is that going to cost the Mets. If it's going to cost them in Scott Boris's mind, I'm just throwing this number out six years, two hundred and ten million.
Speaker 4: It's thirty five a year. Mets are probably going to say no.
Speaker 1: If they can get to some lower number that both sides find acceptable, Yeah, it'll happen, But I don't know that it's going to be easy because the same dynamics are in place.
Speaker 3: Anything for a price, right, it just has to be the right price point for both sides of the equation. Okay, you have on Fox on Saturday, the Cardinals versus the Yankees. I'm not certain that that one is a barn burner in terms of a fourth place team going up against a third place team in the New York Yankees. But what are you hoping ken to see from this matchup this upcoming Saturday.
Speaker 1: I'm just really interested to see the Yankees and are they going to come out of it. They had a decent series against the Twins, winning two of three, but they have to at some point somewhat like the Dodgers turn it on again, and they've been unable to do that, and maybe they will be unable to do that.
Speaker 4: So that's what I'll be looking.
Speaker 1: At and focusing on here, just where the Yankees are, the way they're playing, how it's all coming together for them. One guy we should mention, gian Carlos Stanton. It's kind of amazing to me, Alana, how he's turned it around both with his career in some respects and with the fan base.
Speaker 4: Suddenly he's appreciated in New York.
Speaker 1: Anthony Baldi, Austin Wells and all the other beleaguered Yankees. Aaron Boom, there's hope for you all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: One day they want to send you to the moon, the next day they're over having you over for Cannoli's.
Speaker 2: That's gonna do it for us.
Speaker 3: Here on Fair Territory with Ken Rosenthal, do not forget that. Foul Territory is next, Scott Broun. Of course he is your host. He's going to be joined by aj Przinski, Eric Kratz and Tom Berducci, Dan Hayes and Alden Gonzalez stopping by as well. Dodger's Territory follows that myself with Clint Psias and Kyle Glazier, and of course Ken is back with a fresh Fair on Monday.
Speaker 2: We'll see you then.
Speaker 3: Betmgm is giving you the chance to win a prize every day during the baseball season. Step into the batter's box for BETMGM Swing for the Fences free to play game. Visit the betmgm app to access the game, and you'll score a prize if you hit a single, double, triple, or home run. Strikeout, No problem, Try again tomorrow. Gambling problem or concern, There is help. Call one eight hundred Gambler