Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, it's your big sister Cheeky's and you've reached my personal voicemailbox for the Dear Cheeks podcast. I'm here to give you a device on anything and everything you need help with. Whether you're going through a breakup or having issues with your family, or maybe you have a question about my personal life. Whatever the case is, I want to hear from you. Remember these are my thoughts in my opinions, and if you're suffering from a serious issue or hardship, you should seek help from a qualified professional. All right, now, go ahead and leave your message at the sound of the beeB, Hey Cheeks, I.
Speaker 2: Have a question, make ard e step children. I'm in the same sex relationship I fail one by partner for proximately seven years, and she has a of your old son with her ex wife, who her ex wife carry. He was about four years old when I came into the picture. Over the last seven years, he has been very difficult. I haven't been able to build a relationship with him, even though we've had a very balanced approach and respective boundaries and just tried to, you know, kind of slowly ease my way into the picture. They moved into my home once we my partner and I made it official, and so we've been living together for approximately I would say five years, so about two years into the relationship. But to this day, I mean, he is just extremely disrespectful and quite frankly and pleasant to be around. He will walk right past me, not even say hello. He I mean, just basic common things like no please, no thank you. He's very entitled, and the other mom doesn't help the situation. She almost fuels his fire because she puts things in his head. I mean, he's made comments to us like, well, you're not really my mom towards my partner, which you know, she's been present since he was born.
Speaker 3: So at this point, I mean, it's just.
Speaker 2: So unpleasant that I've come to the realization that I feel like I don't really want him around, which I have not addressed with my partner because I don't want to hurt her and because at the end of the day, this is a part of her. But I don't know what to do.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Aura, I get it. I understand it's a toughie, but I always say here on the podcast that we have to take care of and protect our peace. I think, respectfully, your partner is not doing her job by putting him in his place. She's probably afraid of doing so because she doesn't want to push him further away. But she's actually not only doing a disservice to him, but also to you by not telling him when he's wrong and correct him. Now, I think you should have this conversation with her sooner rather than later, because this is just the beginning. He is twelve years old and girl puberty. I'm telling you because I raised my younger brother and it was very hard eleven to like nineteen. It was difficult. You know, there's hormones and in school and social media and everything that affects children. So I would definitely have this conversation with her sooner rather than later and tell her that she needs to do something about it. And maybe you guys can have a family meeting, maybe all of you, even the other mom you know, or you could just say, look, I don't want to take your child away from you, but I think that when maybe he is over, I have to excuse myself because it's just going to cause more torment and more separation, and you're going to start resenting your partner. So you have to figure this out. Have the conversation. Hopefully everyone's open to doing it, or you just kind of excuse yourself and just say, look, I don't want to make this situation worse. Let me just not be around when he's around. And I know that that's hard, but something has to give here because it's uncomfortable to live this way all around. So it's difficult. And the parents. It's the parents. I need to correct him and really guide him and not allow certain things in disrespect. It's just it's not okay. So those are my two cents, and I hope it helps.
Speaker 3: Ora.
Speaker 1: Please keep us updated. I hope the situation gets better. Sending you a big, big hug. I love your name, by the way. All right, guys, so our next question comes from an anonymous listener.
Speaker 3: Let's see, hi, Tiki. I recently started a relationship with this guy about a month ago. We've known each other for four months, but we made it official about three weeks ago. And he's amazing. He's a gentleman, he's kind, he's spiritual, he has all those great things. He has no kids. I don't have kids. The only thing that I'm struggling with is his communication. I've been telling him to text me back more frequently, to answer my phone calls because he is busy. He's the main caregiver to his mom because his mom is sick and he has gotten better. If he can't pick up, he's like, hey, i'll call you back in a second. He texts me every day for sure. But do you think it is a problem that he's not blowing up my phone? Because I'm like, why aren't you blowing up my phone? Because other guys have only those have never led to anything serious. And he and I are in a relationship and he does try. He has changed. So am I being just too stubborn or do you think change is good and I should keep going?
Speaker 1: Okay, So this one's a little difficult to answer because I feel like I need more details. I mean, if he's not answering more than answering you, then for me, that's an issue. Especially if you want to be in a committed relationship, he needs to give. It's both ways. I understand that he is the main caregiver for his mother. Honestly, I applaud that. I think that's amazing, it's admirable. But I don't know. I got this feeling in my heart that something is something's weird there, And I'm not trying to put things in your head, but I'm like, okay, if he's like, oh, call you right back. Maybe he is busy with his mom. Maybe I don't know, have you met the mom? Have you been over there? I mean, where is this? I mean I know that the relationship is very new, but I don't know. Those are my questions to you because I'm like, okay, is there something else going on here? But I think that it's okay for a guy to be busy and not answer as quick as you'd like. You know, but communication is major, especially if you've brought it up to his attention and it still hasn't gotten better. Maybe a little better, give it some time. But communication is huge in a relationship. It's what makes you feel safe, it's what helps the relationship flourish. So if he is not going to be able to give what you're asking for, that's going to become a problem later on, especially if it's happening this early on. You have to kind of mold him to what it is that you want, but he also has to be willing. So I don't know, girl, I let's pray about this one. But that's my advice. I mean, that is my opinion and I hope it helps some and I don't know. I Again, like I said, I feel like I need more details because he's probably seeing it as you're coming off a little clingy or needy. But I think in a relationship it's okay to be that way, but not too much. That's why I feel like I need more details. I personally don't think it's clingy or needy. I mean it also depends, Hey, is he taking hours to respond? Does he never not answer your phone calls? I mean, that's why I am saying I need more details. So maybe you should leave me another question and give me more details, and for sure I'll give you a more SOLF answer. Thank you so much for your question. Okay, guys, next question comes from Rosa.
Speaker 3: Hi chiek Is. My question for you is will you be making an English album in the future.
Speaker 1: All Rosa, I love talking about music, especially right now because I'm super super inspired. If you listen to Cheeky's and Chill. I decided to take a step back from music just to kind of recalibrate and find that passion again in my music, and I have found it and talking about English music. I have recorded some songs in English, but definitely going to tap in more in English. I've been writing a lot of poems lately, and I've been very very inspired by just so much that's going on in my personal life and the changes and shift that I'm feeling. So you can definitely expect English music, Spanish music a little bit different from what you guys are probably used to. But it won't surprise a lot of people, because That's what I'm all about, you know, on social media, and I don't want to give too many details, but I don't feel it's going to surprise the people that really really know my heart. I'm still going to do, of course, regional. I love regional, I love BANDA, but I want to try something very different. I want to really do like a Jane album, you know. So for sure there will be English music on there, because that's very Jenae. So thank you so much for your question. I appreciate it, and for Aura and the anonymous listener, you guys, thank you so much for your questions. I hope that I was able to help. Again for the anonymous listener, pretty please leave me more details and I will for sure hopefully answer better and give you better advice. But I appreciate you guys's questions, and if you have a question about anything, guys, literally anything, I will be happy to answer it from the bottom of my heart and give you the best advice because I definitely have your best interest at heart, and I'm always going to try to guide you, guys and put you on the right track if I can. It's all in your hands at the end of the day. So if you have a question and you haven't a left one yet, or even if you have left one, go ahead and leave us another question or your first question at speakpipe dot com slash Cheeky's and Chill podcast. That is speakpipe dot Com slash Cheeky's and Chill Podcast. I love you guys so much. Oh and also I love updates, Okay, so give me updates. If any of my advice helped you, please let me know. Okay, all right, I love you. See you later on the next episode of Your Cheeky. This is a production of iHeartRadio and the Microuldura podcast Network. Follow us on Instagram at Michael Dura Podcasts and follow me Cheeky's That's c CHIQ for more podcasts from iHeart, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite podcast
Speaker 2: M