Speaker 1: I am all in again. Oh, I guess you. Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, we are back on this beautiful day, ready to bring you the news on another episode of The Gilmore Girls Gazette.
Speaker 1: I love it on this beautiful day, Danielle. What a wonderful way for people to start their morning, noon, or night, whenever they're listening.
Speaker 2: To ny To the Beautiful no matter what time of day you're listening.
Speaker 1: Are you a morning person? Yes you are?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I am Rise and Shine baby. Five thirty a.
Speaker 1: M ew five thirty, no alarm, but.
Speaker 2: Okay, forty five is when my alarm goes off. But I like start waking up around five thirty five, and I'd look at my phone, I'm like, I still have ten minutes?
Speaker 1: Oh what and why?
Speaker 2: I just that's just me. I've always been.
Speaker 1: Like that because you go to bed at what nine Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's the flip side is at nine pm, I'm toast. I am so toast, it's not even funny. My brain cells do not work after nine pm.
Speaker 1: Five thirty is straight up the middle of the night for me, truly, the middle of the night because I go to bed at twelve thirty or one, and on the weekends I have to set an alarm.
Speaker 2: Amy this morning called me. She's like, I've been up since six AM, and I was like, all that sounds great.
Speaker 1: The weekends, I set my alarm for ten thirty AM, because it's like, if I have something at eleven, I will sleep through that.
Speaker 2: I would say the last time I did that was probably probably high school. And I have a lot to blame. And I'm surprised you not like this. I think you're just like an anomaly. But ever since I we both we both have worked on a morning radio show terrible.
Speaker 1: It's just terrible, awful.
Speaker 2: And so for five years of my life I was at work terrible six am. So granted then I would literally roll out of bed at five point thirty, get in the car by five forty five, and make it into the studio by six. But I think ever since then, my body has just been conditioned to do that.
Speaker 1: Nope. I had a job, an early job earlier than the morning show we worked on where I had to be in the car at like four thirty, and I thought when I when I switched from that job, I thought, I wonder how many days it'll take before my body switches.
Speaker 2: The next day.
Speaker 1: The next day, like immediately my body was like, yeah, we're never doing that again. And I think, like, now my body truly cannot do it again.
Speaker 2: But you regularly see one am one two am, no problem.
Speaker 1: I'm trying not to see two am as much. I definitely see twelve thirty every day, and then one am is you try to get into I do wordle at I wait for the new wordle every night at midnight. I'm like, sweet, time to do the new wordle.
Speaker 2: And the world puts you to bed like you do the wordle, and you're like, it's time to sleep.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm still going strong a lot when I do wordle. But I try to go The doctor said to go to bed at twelve thirty, so I try to go to bed at one. No one cares anyway. Let's talk headline.
Speaker 2: Either you're an Amy or you're a Danielle. People listening are gonna either an eat me or you're a Danielle.
Speaker 1: That is so true. And either way, Anna say, be a Danielle. Be a Danielle.
Speaker 2: No, there's a lot of people like you that are A lot of people frown upon my waking up early. They're always like, why do you wake up so early? I just it is what it is.
Speaker 1: It is night ELL's rock. Like we need more night els. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like there are a lot of you, more you than me.
Speaker 1: I should bomb with like a lot of rock stars. What Sebastian Bach? I bet he's a nightdol? I do I really? Gil is definitely a night ol. Wait. Speaking of hep alien, Wait, that makes me realize when Adam Brody was on Gilmore Girls, they weren't hep alien yet? Did they never have the nail?
Speaker 2: They were not? They were No, they.
Speaker 1: Were just forming. We should fact check.
Speaker 2: But were they hold on because they were doing the Christian Tour and all the you know.
Speaker 1: They were forming. I don't think they were hep alien until Yeah, when did they become hep alien? In the meantime, while you look at that, I can talk about the fact that there's nothing cuter than Adam Brody and Latent Measter. They are real adorable.
Speaker 2: They are very adorable. They flood my Instagram feed at the moment.
Speaker 1: They nailed it at the SAG Awards.
Speaker 2: Nailed it. I love her hair, I'm going to give it to her. Red is hard to pull off, and she she did it.
Speaker 1: I agree. Now, can I say something since this is a safe space. I was not crazy about the short short bangs. Okay, so I'm glad. I'm glad those are gone. But my question is how did they go away between the Golden Globes and the sag Awards, which were only what a month apart? And that's called a very easy haircut. A bangs? She had the bangs and they're gone.
Speaker 2: And they're gone, Well, there are fake bangs.
Speaker 1: Do you think they were fake banks?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, maybe no, maybe maybe not?
Speaker 1: Who knows.
Speaker 2: Do you think the red is because of the new role that.
Speaker 1: She have, Well that's what I was thinking too. Oh my gosh. Okay, so thank you for bringing that up. So she's going to be on Nobody wants this with her husband Adam Brody, and I think they also definitely are differentiating her from Kristin Bell's character and the sister who are blondes. That Jackie Tone has dark hair, So I don't know, but I liked it. I'm not mad at her red hair at all.
Speaker 2: I want to know what her character is like.
Speaker 1: I need to know.
Speaker 2: I always find that very very interesting. One couples work together on a show and they're not each other's love interest. So what is she in this? She's not going to be a threat to Kristin Bell, will she?
Speaker 1: No? I don't think so. Because on Single Parents though they were I think they were ex'es on Single Parents kind of reunited if I remember. But they are like great together. They have a great chemistry when they're acting too. With some watch Single Parents, it was like a really cute show. I was kind of bummed it didn't last longer.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm here for it. I can't wait to see what her character is.
Speaker 1: And I forgot they redid Okay, So do you remember the movie River Wilde, which was Meryl Streep and Ca Bacon.
Speaker 2: I remember it being of the news and of the era, but I didn't. I never watched it.
Speaker 1: And then Leyton Measter and Adam Brody redid It. I don't think I watched the Redo. Nope, Actually I think I did. Oh who was the bad guy? Somebody look up? Who was the bad guy in the new River wild Something's making me think it was Adam Brody, But no way, he must have been the hero. Huh, where's my brain not remembering? Anyway? Did you see the SAG Awards when they did their little gossip Girl bit?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, not many people know that Kristen Bell was the voice of gossip Girl.
Speaker 1: So people don't know that. They really don't. Everybody knows it now, Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, fine, if you are well cultured in pop culture, then sure you will know. But some people don't know that. And I love that she not only did that, but she did the Frozen thing. Did you see the Frozen song?
Speaker 1: Oh, so you want to be an actor? That one was so good.
Speaker 2: That was amazing, freaking love Kristen Bell so rocks.
Speaker 1: She should host the Oscars. I'll give Conan a shot at it, but she should host the Oscars.
Speaker 2: That was hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was rad hilarious.
Speaker 2: And yes, the gossip Girl thing too. I did find Layton Mester's bit in it a little weird. She'd taken a bite of bread. I get it because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't a funny joke. I'm just so hungry because she's like, oh, it's just all about food. I feel like the idea of the bit was great, but they could have had better writing yeah, I agree because it was like I loved it, loved it.
Speaker 2: But the payoff of Layton Measter biting into a bag get Yeah, it felt very Gilmore Girls where they took one pe off the plate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I just felt like that's not a funny joke when the bit was could have been so good. Although Kristen Belle has an excellent singing voice and speaking voice.
Speaker 2: I know she is a talented woman.
Speaker 1: She really. She's a great host too, She's great. And Adam Brody was the bad guy in River Wild. I got it right, that's so weird.
Speaker 2: But he was the bad guy and hep Alien was not established until season four, so Adam Brody was off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what they weren't hep Alien?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So let's talk about the new Amy Sherman Palladino show. Tall a tool a twall. Oh, we're embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I said.
Speaker 1: Twall because twall? Do you know what twall is? You don't know what twall is?
Speaker 2: What's twall?
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen that wallpaper that looks like how do I describe it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: How do you describe twall? Not plaid?
Speaker 2: What is that one? What is the wallpaper that's plaid?
Speaker 1: That you like Tartan Tartan, Twall is like okay, it's like I only can just show you Twall. Just google Twall so you can see what it is. It's like kind of a French pattern that is undescribable, like if you could figure out how to describe it. No, it's the blue.
Speaker 2: It's that blue like one with the trees and the people that you always see on plates.
Speaker 1: Yes, but like everybody listening right now that knows what Twall is, try to describe it without showing someone the picture. It's almost impossible. It's like I don't even know how to explain what it is.
Speaker 2: Like very the Victorian field.
Speaker 1: Like a drawing in a in a wallpaper or on a plate with like sometimes there's birds and sometimes there's ladies, and sometimes they have vases and like trees to explain it. So for anyone wondering, you're just gonna have to google Twall. So that's why I'm going with it. Twall at Twall, I like it. I mean we'll try, okay. So Michelle Yannie Truesdale is in it, Twall. He is in it with Luke Kirby who was in Maseel. Now what I'm learning is that it seems Luke Kirby is not on Instagram. So when Yanni posted a picture with Luke Kirby, it was kind of exciting because we really got to see the two of them together getting ready for the new show.
Speaker 2: Luke Kirby is pretty cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was good in Mazel. I really actually thought he was kind of sexy in Mazel. I think he played Lenny Bruce. Yeah, I know, look at him. He's kind of hunky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is hunky. Whoa kind of flies him to the ras?
Speaker 1: He does well. It was originally expected to premiere February thirteenth, twenty twenty five, and that has passed us by, so that's not happening.
Speaker 2: Things that we do know it will stream on Prime Video, but there's no specific rollout date yet, and there will be eight episodes in the first season. It's already picked up for a second season, which is interesting.
Speaker 1: WHOA well, better not disappoint? Is that how you say that? Better not disappoint?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So there's an Instagram TikTok whatever you want to call it, going out right now. That's kind of trending of spots at the USC campus that are Gilmore Girls. Now, I always thought that the Gilmore Girls college scenes were filmed at UCLA. Weren't they?
Speaker 1: That's what I thought.
Speaker 2: Well, allegedly there are many scenes that were filmed at USC, and they do like actual this TikTok that's going kind of viral shows you. Okay, So the one that I remember seeing was at graduation when Rory and Logan are talking to each other. That building behind them is USC.
Speaker 1: So no, there was a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it could be a fun project for us to go look at them because oh right here.
Speaker 1: Wait, that's actually such a great idea. Okay, so let's do this. Have you seen on Instagram when how people recreate they stand in the exact spot.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's kind of what this TikTok was doing.
Speaker 1: Okay, we need to definitely do that. I did not know that they shot things at USC. So it's I know what they're talking about. It's the Welcome to Parents weekend sign is in the it was covering what was the auditorium at USC. It's go bulldogs? Is that when? And it's when lore lyin Christopher and Parents we can remember he was messing with the name tags.
Speaker 2: Yes, but it's also the Yale graduation, that that specific episode has a lot of scene at USC so interesting create that we should go to U c. L A And we should go to USC and just god.
Speaker 1: We need to recreate these moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that me. I'm gonna pull up this, uh, these pictures so that you can you can, you can see all of them and then you.
Speaker 1: Know what's funny is, I'm not as familiar with USC's campus as U c l as, so I wouldn't have recognized it, like just on my own, but I get if you went to school there.
Speaker 2: WHOA, let me start the top. Okay, that's okay. So this is a USC scene.
Speaker 1: Okay, you see that scene a lot. It's like when she's always going to the coffee cart.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and look that's that's fully US.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'm into this. It's gonna be hard to find the exact spot, so you're gonna have to wander around from it. Oh, WHOA is US?
Speaker 2: I know where that's at. I definitely know where that's at. That's kind of by the coliseum.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a USC gal. Well, legacy of it. My dad went there, so I grew up in a US all the time.
Speaker 1: I like it USC. The campus is actually gorgeous.
Speaker 2: Look at all these scenes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is awesome. Wait then, no way, it never quite looked like Yale. I'm not gonna lie. Never quite looked like Yale.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Yale feel well, I've never been to Yale, so I can't really comment on it.
Speaker 1: Either, but it just does. It definitely looked like California a lot.
Speaker 2: In that scene where Rory's talking with the girls before the graduation, kind of talking about Logan a little bit. That's right here. This is crazy. This is a later episode USC. So Jackie and Emma, let's definitely make sure that we post this link so people can see this. This is insane. Oh here's the sign the USC auditorium.
Speaker 1: That was Oh that's right. Oh my gosh, you guys. We gotta put these. We gotta show people these.
Speaker 2: This is very USC have huh. I like it.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is exciting news that I haven't seen. McKenna, Grace, fred Armison, Bobby Lee, and our very own Sean Gunn have joined the cast of New Year's rev the Green Day inspired comedy movie from writer director Lee Kirk. Okay, so let's talk about this. So Seawan Gunn we all know is Kirk McKenna Grace. I think I know her from Handmaid's Tale the most.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: She was also in that. Am I getting it right? I think she was also in that cris Pine movie where she played like a math genius gifted. Yes, yep, that was good, So I'm into her. Fred Armison we know from Saturday Night Live and so much more. And then Bobby Lee's that funny comedian who's also on and just like that, the Sex and the City, I don't know what to call it, been off, reimagine, Like, it's not a reimagining, it's the Sex and the City continuation.
Speaker 2: That's a good way to say. Yeah, that's a good way to say, just because it is not.
Speaker 1: A way to go. No, it's not a reboot, like it's just a continuation. Okay, Well, I don't know. I'm not into Green Day, but that seems like a cool movie.
Speaker 2: Green Day was of my high school, like it was. Green Day was had many high school anthems.
Speaker 1: For sure. This is gonna be very most famous Green Day song.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, why can't I think of it?
Speaker 1: For some reason? You know, it comes to my mind and this is not a green Day song?
Speaker 2: Uh, closing Time, No, that is not a green Day song?
Speaker 1: What is that? Semi sonic?
Speaker 2: I don't even know who that is.
Speaker 1: It is closing Time.
Speaker 2: That was like the first song I can think of, and I don't know. It's not even their most popular song, but.
Speaker 1: It's wake me up.
Speaker 2: When the temper.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm not a green Day fan and everybody can be mad about that American idiot on.
Speaker 2: The boulevard broken James. What are the city sleeves? And I'm the only one and all go Al was.
Speaker 1: On a game show and they said one million dollars if you can sing a green Day song, I'd be like, I'm out, I can't. I don't any I know that. That guy's name is Billy Joe something or other. Billy Joe Armstrong is that his name? I'm the singer of green Day. You call yourself a fan, Danielle, You're.
Speaker 2: Not the singer of green Day, is not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Billy Joe Armstrong?
Speaker 2: Is are you thinking of a different No? I, Jackie, please come on the songs they just sang. Those were green Day? Right am? I thinking of Lincoln Park? No?
Speaker 1: Those are green Day?
Speaker 2: Okay? Billy Joe Armstrong is the name of.
Speaker 1: Dookie was their major label. I'm a big Green Day?
Speaker 2: Did I sing the songs? Right? I just remember literally, that is my green Day?
Speaker 1: I know it's not I knew it wasn't you know. I'm pretty simple. When the end is right that one, I hope you have the time of your life. It's very similar to closing time that one. I might have been able to pull out of nowhere for some reason. I also you wanting to go, and I know this is not a green dy song, semi charm kind that's a best third eye blind? Yeah, okay, thank you. I'm in the right era, all right. Yeah, Danielle, what do you know about Sebastian Bach.
Speaker 2: Sebastian Bach is leading a cancer research benefit concert or show rather at Griffith Park.
Speaker 1: Terrible that we haven't cured cancer, but yet good.
Speaker 2: To be amazing that he's helping.
Speaker 1: Rock for Ronnie. I've heard of this.
Speaker 2: And it will be at Griffith Park on May eighteenth. The event honors Ronnie James Dio, who passed away from gastric cancer twenty ten.
Speaker 1: Wait, that's kind of cool, but let's say that again because people might want to go so it's called Rock for Ronnie. It's in la at Griffith Park May eighteenth, and tickets are as low as sixty five dollars with VIP packages for one twenty five. Now I love that we have that information, but how do people get to yets? We might need to tell them. Let's go maybe second while we try to figure out how say something interesting while I look this up.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, I'm looking at up. You say something interesting.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll say something interesting. Oh wow, I didn't even have to be interesting.
Speaker 2: Event bright dot com. Oh cool, cool, cool, Okay, cool, it's an event Bright.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask while we were looking what you're binging right now? I'm binging Paradise, which I think I've told people.
Speaker 2: Oh, I need to watch that. I I haven't seen it. I haven't seen it yet, but you told me on the last episode. I think, really episode for that. I'm also catching up on Chicago Med really good.
Speaker 1: Really seeing.
Speaker 2: I'm not binging anything at the moment, but I'm watching. I'm watching. I'm watching Houseves of Beverly Hills. I'm watching. Our cues are just so different, you know, it could not be more different.
Speaker 1: They're so different.
Speaker 2: I know. I know, but now Traders beyond it's so good.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try Traders. I'm not I like Real Housewives. I love it, but it's just too much so that I just tapped out because it was just too much.
Speaker 2: You see. I love the drama of it because it just makes me feel so much better that I don't have friends like that. Like truly, I'm like that drama does not exist in my life, and I'm thankful for it.
Speaker 1: First of all, that is the best quote about why to watch Real Housewives, because I'm just so thankful I don't have friends like that, but I wouldn't call them friends if they're acting like that. Are they all friend of mees?
Speaker 2: I think some of them are actually friends and some of them are friend of mees. I don't know who knows or.
Speaker 1: Are they just enemies straight enemies are something? There's a little bit of both. Oh wow, wow, wow wow. All right? All right? Is anyone watching that show doc on Fox? Everything is making me want to watch it, so I think I'm going to have to.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I'm watching right?
Speaker 1: Not too what? This sounds exciting?
Speaker 2: White Lotus?
Speaker 1: Oh have you been seeing It's in Mike cueue how many are out once one or two? Okay, I know I'm going to catch that up by hopefully by the next time we do the news, I will have watched.
Speaker 2: Okay. It's it's like it's already a good season. Arnold Schwarzenegger is the creepiest person, grossest, creepiest proper yet.
Speaker 1: He is so good, you said.
Speaker 2: I said, Arnold, said Patrick, because that.
Speaker 1: Was super When you just said that, Because he said Arnold Arnold Schwartzenegger, all I heard was Arnold schwartz and I was like, wait, I heard you see Patrick Schwarzenegger. You do you do private part?
Speaker 2: It's it's tastefully done that you see the thing.
Speaker 1: I saw a headline today that said Chris Pratt looked right at Patrick Schwarzenegger's babe, Wait, do you like, did you slow mow it?
Speaker 2: Or did you just I did not because I was watching it with my husband to be like, hey, distasteful. No, but you do see it. But it's it's like a it's not a full frontal.
Speaker 1: Is it his or is it a prosthetic?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see Gone Girl and everybody slowed down to see I know I've talked about it a million times, but it's like it always makes me think of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, but it's you guys. White Lotus is pretty good. The one thing that's pissing me off is they're not using the same theme song. So though that one, they're not doing it.
Speaker 1: There's this show I watch called From and it has this creepiest theme song that I have to skip the theme song because the theme song jars me so bad. Wait, this is just a question to you listening. Would you like a show? I'm just gonna throw this out there and hopefully you can comment, Jackie, if you could do like any kind of a poll on Instagram for this, I would be so grateful. Would anybody listen to a show where Danielle and I just talk about whatever show we're watching that week, kind of.
Speaker 2: What we're doing right now. So you're listening, I guess.
Speaker 1: But these people are forced to listen because they think they're going to get their Gilmore Girls news at some point, which today they've been slow to get. But I feel like we I want to do like a podcast where it's like TV guide because there's no more TV Guide, so that we help you, like you can listen and you go what should I watch? And then you listen to us and we'll help you.
Speaker 2: Just so, if you liked what you were listening to for the last five minutes, let us know.
Speaker 1: If you like what you've been listening to for the last hour that was totally off topic, you might you might be for us, you might be for us. Anyway, I've got some good news Gilmore girls news, and I'm getting excited about at twelve.
Speaker 2: For sureile at twilee tool. We should figure out what that.
Speaker 1: Actually, somebody mocked us previously when we didn't know what was how to pronounce it. So and they also say, like, do your research. You guys shouldn't be googling while you're doing your research, you know, Like, but it's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna jump in here because I think Danielle's right at toilet as well Google.
Speaker 1: So my whole theory of twall it was. I was trying to mathematically put it together. But all right, so moving forward, we will call it at toilet. Do you say foyer or foyer foyer? Me too? Me too. I learned we're using like the French pronunciation, but the American is foyer foyer.
Speaker 2: Just that doesn't roll off like we always.
Speaker 1: Called it a foyer anyway, And that's the news.
Speaker 2: And that's the news. Do we do trivia at the end of news?
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, I don't have my trivia cards. Oh my gosh, I do not have my trivia cards because I'm not at my house today and I forgot to bring my trivia cards.
Speaker 2: We'll just do double next time.
Speaker 1: Or okay, we don't want to let anyone down, but we'll do double next time. I think that's a good, good idea. All righty, well, that's the news. Hey, everybody to forget. Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.