Speaker 1: Oh my god, what did we just witness?
Speaker 2: Sunday's divisional round all wrapped up? The divisional round period is wrapped up. We've got conference title games set, massive injuries to discuss. Welcome to the Favorites, presented by DraftKings. I'm your host, Brandon Kravitz, joined by my fellow NFL cappers Kendra Middleton and Stuckey. We've got our goats and votes queued up. Our biggest takeaways from this round in the NFL postseason. A very brief parlay recap. We were toast before we ever even got to Sunday. Broncos Bills flew over the total we had the under Rams Bears then flew under the total Bears plus four and a half. That one did come through, so shout out to Kendra for that. We're gonna do a quick reaction of what we just witnessed. We've got AFC title game news and some Josh Allen opinions to get out there. The Bears were down seven in the final two minutes, ball at midfield. They make it down to the fourteen, fourth and four. Caleb's backpedaling heaves the ball. I thought he was just chucking the ball. Into space wide open Cole Comet back of the end zone, and what was deemed a fourteen yard touchdown pass obviously was much greater than that game goes to overtime. Caleb then throws a pick just completely inexplicable to force the ball down the field. In that situation, the Rams then work the ball down the field. Harrison MeVis with the walk off field goal and rip to the Chicago Bears, who were the best watch in the postseason, Kendra, your initial reaction to what we just witnessed with the Rams walk off.
Speaker 3: I thought Caleb was so screwed on that play, I really did.
Speaker 4: I thought he was going to get sacked. Thought he was just chucking the ball up for somebody.
Speaker 3: He's just the that he plays when the entire world is on his shoulders makes me feel like that is like his preferred place to be and he plays his best football that way, which I don't know if that bodes well or not for the rest of his career, if he continues to kind of need to rely on this final fourth quarter, last second drive heroics, but damn does he do it better than anybody else. And but then that pick that was that was tough so I don't know, I'm not excited for the potential of another Seahawks Patriots Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: But I was gonna save this from my goats and woats.
Speaker 3: But Nick Foles really kind of giving us some hope after trolling the Patriots today saying maybe backups are really the key to beat them.
Speaker 4: So hey, if it gets there, that would be kind of funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they backup had some time to marinate in the offense. This one might feel a little different for the Denver Broncos. Stuck he arey being too harsh on Caleb with that, I int because DJ Moore wasn't exactly where he needed to be either.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I don't know. I can't put that pick all on Kale. But they did have three turnovers in the game. The Rams didn't have any, which might have been the difference. But I thought it was two poorly coached teams today. I mean, I was so excited to watch McVeigh versus Ben Johnson. I mean, how many how many dives are you gonna run on third and fourth and one and fail? Then? I mean that was it was some I thought the Bears were better on a down to down basis in the game. They just they had three failed fourth downs, a lot of them were awful calls. So I'm not sure what Ben Johnson was doing that. I don't know what McVay was doing. I mean, at one point they had like thirty six dropbacks and twelve rushes even though they had a fifty five percent rush success right against one of the worst run defenses in the league. Abandoned his thirteen the heavy personnel, which should have worked all day against the Bears. So yeah, and McVeigh to sum up how bad the coaches were in this game. Two thirty eight to go or too yeah, two forty seven to go. Ben Johnson doesn't call a time now, which is a brain dead because you could run it down to you know, seven seconds two oh seven. You can run onceid a clock out on a two o seven, You could run a passing play and end the game without a penalty. And then McVeigh decides to run a surrender run and the only time they say by doing that is the time that it takes on the shank punt that they had. That was horrendous in game coaching, you you have a veteran quarterback you can throw to end the game. And then you have the Cardiac Bears come down and score on one of the craziest so that won't really be remembered now. But I thought both coaches were really bad. I also thought McDermott was really bad at the end of the first half. We talked about this last week. At the end of first halves. It cost teams games. What were you going to get out of Josh Allen scramming there with no timeouts ends up a fluky fumble field goal which ended up being the difference in the game, and uh, the Bills losing overtime up break City again for Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Bears defense was better today than I thought they would be, too.
Speaker 4: I will say that.
Speaker 5: Brisker played really well. The Rams also weren't prepared for like a slot blitz, like what did you watch the second half last week? So I don't I don't know. Maybe they were just were too cold after all. But the Bears defense did play a lot better than I expected them to today, So had to to Dennis Allen in that group.
Speaker 2: I did think the Bears were the better team today, but Ben Johnson doing what I mean, We've seen this from Sean McVay Sean McVay and Stuck.
Speaker 1: You mentioned it. We saw it a little bit today.
Speaker 2: These offensive geniuses that end up in these big game situations, they just end up frozen hard in the pun with the weather out there, but they just they don't call their traditional game. I mean, you had how many fourth and short, third and short situations where you have a chance to get creative and instead they're calling the most obvious plays in.
Speaker 1: The middle of the field.
Speaker 2: I mean, we had one where Caleb Williams was throwing the ball just into traffic down by the goal line, absolutely inexplicable.
Speaker 1: One thing I will say.
Speaker 5: Is sometimes the ball like it's not that it's not that difficult. The two times they did it, they got it. The two times they didn't, they didn't get it.
Speaker 2: The reverse game that we've seen, the trickeration that we've seen from the Ben Johnson offense, it was just not there at all in these critical situations. I do agree with his self awareness though the decision, and obviously in hindsight, they lost the game. So maybe people are going to pick at this, the decision to kick the extra point at the end of the game, with how much he had zapped his own creativity in these short yarded situations. I don't think they were going to convert that two point conversion. So to go to overtime where you had been out playing the Rams put the game essentially on the home field advantage that you have in that situation. I had no problem with him kicking the extra either.
Speaker 4: I absolutely agree with you.
Speaker 3: I he was actually texting my friend group about that because we all we have a Bears fan in our group, so we've been silently kind of cheering for him, and.
Speaker 4: We all texted each other.
Speaker 3: I wholeheartedly expected him to go for two just there, and I'm so glad that he didn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree, I agree. I think if you're on the road as the underdog, or if you're at home like getting clearly outplayed, I didn't mind them kicking extra point there and then you know, look to add the ball with a chance to win at midfield. So yeah, I don't think he I don't think he watched that call at all.
Speaker 2: So that sets up a Rams Seahawks NFC championship game. We'll talk about that in a bit, but we got to get to the biggest news of the weekend.
Speaker 1: It's the injury to bo Nicks.
Speaker 2: Like it or not, we are getting Jared Stidham in a conference championship game.
Speaker 1: Stuck.
Speaker 2: He'd we can talk about the Bills aspect of it, and I think that's probably where we'll end up spending most of our time. Do you give the Broncos any shot here against New England with Stidham at quarterback?
Speaker 5: Uh? Sure, it's I mean it's one it's one football game.
Speaker 1: Uh so.
Speaker 5: Uh like they they're they're gonna need to force turnovers. Peyton's gonna have to be super creative with his play calls. But you know, there's still a lot of uncertainty with this Patriots team, Like, can we see them play a team like that has any starters available? I mean, even today, you get Nico Collins out Schultz I thought had the biggest matchup advantage of all uh and this game gets hurt in the first quarter after he has fifty yards. They were without their right tackle. I mean, like, can we see them play any team with stars? We're not gonna win. The Broncos have offensive line and wide receiver injuries too that have to be monitored, and you're gonna have Trevor Simon in there. So I I just say, Trevor Simon, I'm getting flashbacks for the un today. Yeah, they still signed Ben de Nucci, but uh Stidham. Yeah, I mean, we don't have a huge sample size on Steadham. He had that one huge game randomly against like a good, good forty Niners defense. I think I think that was like late in the year and a meaningless start. But I got to dig in.
Speaker 2: I started, by the way, in over seven hundred days. JAHI has not started a game in over seven hundred days.
Speaker 5: I do think that we've seen, Like the other thing is that the Patriots have faced nothing but backups the entire year. But they've also they didn't face any good defenses the entire season, and we've seen them play two good defenses in the playoffs so far. And Drake May has not looked great. I mean he has what six fumbles and two interceptions in two games. They were pretty lucky to get that one fumble, which maybe the game is different. I mean, Stroud was just so bad it probably wouldn't have mattered. But May and that offensive line are vulnerable and that Benito own company. They're gonna have to get pressure and they're gonna have to force turnovers may his pocket presence has been really bad. So that's how Denver is gonna have to win this game. Peyton's gonna have to be creative. Yeah, they have a chance. I think this it's gone it's out to like five and a half. I think it's gone too far now, like it could end in disaster like that. Clearly, there's still a lot of uncertainty with this Patriots team. But like this is now assuming that bo Nix is worth like a touchdown, come on, like.
Speaker 2: I would have Yeah, I probably would have had him prior to watching him orchestrated game winning drive against the Bills, probably would have had him closer to three three and a half.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think four is like a four to four and a half. You know, maybe like given the circumstances, like with some of the other injuries, you could maybe stretch it to five five and a half, I think. But you know, it's not like bow Nicks lights the world on fire on a weekly basis and is one of the elite quarterbacks in the league. So yeah, I think Denver has a chance. But other injuries to monitor. Patriots are still hardened not to crack because we just don't the data set that we have, and we won't. If they win this game, they're gonna going to the super Bowl with the easiest stretch in the in playoff history and the easiest stretch in regular season history that we've ever seen. So but yeah, the Broncos have a chance. It's it's one football game with an oblong ball, and they're gonna be playing at home against still a young team.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I agree, I think that their chances aren't great, but historically playing in Denver in the postseason has given the Patriots fits. And I also feel a little bit better that he's like the jar. It's not going to be traveling to Mile High.
Speaker 4: He lives there.
Speaker 3: It's not something that he doesn't deal with every day. The Patriots are going there. If like it was the other way around and I was a backup quarterback who hasn't been training in altitude going to play a playoff game essentially off the couch, I'd probably have a.
Speaker 4: Few more worries. But history kind of likes Denver here regardless.
Speaker 5: I will also say it's like a so two things you have. Now all of the pressure is on New England, right, Yeah, so before for you were going on the road, they would have been underdogs, and you're like, all right, if we win this game, we're going to the Super b It's not that much pressure on the Patriots. But now you're playing Jared Stidham like, if you lose this game, so all the pressure.
Speaker 4: Number two, Jared said him in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: This is a kitchen sink. Kitchen sink game. Yeah right, So number one. You see this when in other sports, when like your star player, your point guard is out, everyone else, you know, tends to rise up. But more importantly, from a play from a play calling perspective, from a schematic perspective, like you're going to get they have to be super creative, everything that you've ever thought of, from Peyton's perspective, Joseph's perspective, you're going to get here. So from a you know, Patriots perspective, trying to prepare for what they're going to see, you know that it might be proved a little bit more difficult. So we'll see if Denver can use that uncertainty to their advantage. Now, the Patriots defense, I have to give them credit. Now, they played Stroud in an injured Texans offense and then you know a Chargers offense with the no offensive line, but you have to give them credit for some of the plays that they've made. The looks they do change up their looks very well disguised things. And now their run defense is much better now that they're healthier at linebacker with Milton Williams. I mean, the Houston can do anything on the ground. The Chargers can do anything on the ground. And you just saw the splits early in the season. Their run defense was dominant late in the season it created with the injuries. Well, now they're healthy again, I do think so. I'm not sure that the reason I bring that up is you have a backup quarterback and a good defense at home, so you might say, like, let's lean on the run game. But that might be a little bit difficult here, which could throw another wrench into it.
Speaker 4: I have a way too big of a look ahead.
Speaker 3: But if Sean Peyton wins a Super Bowl with Drew Brees and wins a Super Bowl with Jared Stidham, does he become one of the goats?
Speaker 1: Can we table that until we have two weeks to talk.
Speaker 3: About Jared I said, I said it was too big of a look ahead, But what.
Speaker 5: Well, there is Sam Donald has an oblique injury, so there is an outside chance that he injures that more and we get Donald Super Bowl, Drew Locke revenge game against Jared Stidham. Yeah, and we'll talk about that for two weeks.
Speaker 4: That would be So America twenty during.
Speaker 5: Those two weeks.
Speaker 2: The last time, I recall, I mean, one of one of my fondest memories as a sports better was betting against Jared Stidham when he was in the Peach Bowl against UCF. They were ten point favorites. Fire recall correctly in that game. Obviously, I went to UCF total homer bet. I bet the point spread and the money line, and he folded like a lawn chair.
Speaker 1: And now we get an opportunity to fade him again. So full circle moment.
Speaker 4: You're not pet of or anything at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, that was that was the claimed National Championship season.
Speaker 2: One thing that I that I did that I feel like, you know, was perhaps the best way to bet into this. I don't even know if I'm gonna bet this game. I took the second the bon Knicks news came out. I bet the Patriots a plus four to twenty five to win the Super Bowl, and I'll just take my chances with whoever they end up against. And we've seen that number beat up now it's it's been sliced in half.
Speaker 1: So that might just be the way that I look at this is.
Speaker 5: Let's I'll just say one.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, this was.
Speaker 4: He literally just said that.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, but I mean they were they were also favored going in.
Speaker 5: But so they won that game. So obviously the odds are gonna come down. Yeah, so I'm excited for Ram Sahawks again, Like I want what I'm going to spend most of my week doing this week, Like I feel like Denver, New England, you just have to take a stick. You could you just like, look I'm passing. I don't know, or you're just like this is too much of an overreaction to Bonix being out. I lean the ladder, but uh, you know, we have all week to dive into two games the other I really want to dive into Ram Seahawks. We have two games to golf of. But how the Rams that last Rams Seahawks meeting where the Rams look like I bet the Seahawks has got extremely lucky. The Rams look like the clearly better team in target and they put up what six hundred yards on that defense without DeVante Adams. I think Vonta Adams missed that game, if I recall. So that's what I want to spend my time diving into that Rams offense versus Seattle's defense. So at least that game should be pretty good.
Speaker 2: What we need to dive into right now is what happened with the Buffalo Bills and the Denver Broncos. So he talked about the Broncos moving forward and whether or not they still have a chance and the awful two week look ahead of Jared Stidham potentially in the Super Bowl. How much of this is on Josh Allen because he turned the ball over way too much in this game. Down the stretch, he put on the cape as he's been doing the last couple of years. We now have seen the Bills first team in NFL history to lose by three points or less in the playoffs in three straight seasons. And then of course you have the controversial was it a catch? Was it not a catch? With ja Kwan, McMillan, and Brandon Cook.
Speaker 1: So a lot of.
Speaker 2: Different ways to dissect this. Kendra, how much of this loss do you put on Josh Allen? Do you view him differently because of the way that this went down.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of it's on Josh Allen, but it also just kind of comes down to the fact that when they started this season, they weren't expecting it to turn out the way that it did.
Speaker 4: So it was kind of a little bit.
Speaker 3: Of a rebuild situation for them. As much as you can rebuild when you have a team like they do, I don't think that they really expect it to be in the position that they were in, and there was a lot of pressure on Josh and he just folded once again, and I kind of do look at him a little bit different because it was never going to be any easier for him. It's not like he had the best team in the world this season, but nobody really has the AFC Like there is no AFC team that is just so much better than everybody else right now that I can discount the loss that they had yesterday. Denver gave them the opportunity to beat them time and time again, and he just really, for lack of a better term at the moment, fumbled it away. And I do look at him a little bit differently. I don't look at it differently for crying because people are being way too mean to him about that.
Speaker 4: I would cry as well, So let the boy cry.
Speaker 3: But I don't look at him differently for that, just for how he really kind of seems to crumble in these big moments.
Speaker 1: I don't blame him for crying either.
Speaker 2: He goes through this every year, and now he's got to wait another year to probably go through it again next year. It's like, this guy, as rich as he is, as beautiful as his wife is, and as much as he'll be entering the Hall of Fame one day, his career could end up tormented by this the same way that Dan Marino's was this legendary quarterback that could just never really get to the mountaintop.
Speaker 1: Was it a catch? Wasn't it a catch? Stucky? And how much of this do you put on Josh Allen?
Speaker 5: No, it was not definitely not a catch. I mean, I don't know why people are so confused by it. There was one clear view where he didn't Here's the all you have to ask yourself. If he came down the way that he did with the ball and then it hit the ground, it was not going to be a catch, and it came down into the defender's hands, so that was clearly one not a catch. I don't know why people are so confused, although maybe because no one knows what it catches in the NFL, and they have different rules all the time, Like there was a raven Steelers game which ended up costing that could have cost the Ravens a division earlier this year with Rogers where they called that same play differently. But no, that wasn't a catch. I lowann to take some of the blame he, you know, for some of the turnovers, but he scored thirty points on the Broncos in Denver, like it's the every single every year. By by the way, the last the previous six playoff games, oun didn't have any turnovers and they scored thirty. It's the coaching talked to him McDermot at the end of the half. Some other decisions in that game were very questionable. And it's the defense all the time that lets them down these games and go back and all the Josh Allen playoff losses, they're always scoring into the thirties. The offense has never been the issue. It's always the defense and it once again burned them here. I mean, look who he also number one, He was banged up a lot of injuries on a shore week. He's thrown them a cole hardon and Brandon Cooks like, come on, like, it's how much anything Coleman he put it? Yeah, keon Coleman like, it's been a healthy scratch scoring touchdowns like that. I can't put too much of the blame on Al and obviously has to take some for the turnovers, but the defense has to you're playing the look. I think you have to give credit to the Broncos too, and you have to give credit to the bo Nicks and Peyton I thought had a really good game. I mean they scored two touchdowns on the two plays that the backups were in there, and they targeted them right away. And I mean Darnold Savage shouldn't be in an NFL playoff game, but the Bills had no other options at one point, they target him right away, scored a touchdown, backup corner came in, targeted them late touchdown. So you got to give credit to Bonnicks. You got to give credit to Sean Payton and the Broncos offense as well, but a lot of these losses, it's the coaching and it's the defense to let the Bills down. I think that was the case again. But in fairness to be real, you got to give Alan some some blame for the turnovers that he has. Yeah, I mean the guy who never never turns it over in any of his playoff losses before. So to just put it all on Alan and say he choked, I don't think he's right.
Speaker 1: I don't think he choked.
Speaker 2: I think it was more of a first half meltdown with the turnovers, and then we saw vintage Josh Allen. He did miss that it was Dawson Knox over the middle at one point late in the game. But he does so much right that it's hard to place too much of the blame on him. I don't view him as a guy that shrinks in the playoffs. And I think that's the way the conversation for a lot of people is being is being shaped right now, is that this is a guy.
Speaker 1: That just can't win the big one.
Speaker 2: It's not that he can't, it's that he hasn't and there's always some weird shit that goes on in the playoffs. I'm with you, on the catch itself or the non catch the interception. I thought it was clearly an I int I do wish they had looked at it longer. I agree with Sean McDermott's complaint that for all the things that we spend ten minutes in the review booth four, it was like.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, that's clearly an interception.
Speaker 2: Let's move on with our lives and the biggest moment of the season for both of these teams. But there's a clear difference between what we saw in that situation and on a lot of folks on social media are trying to compare it to DeVante Adams and and him having possession and then having the ball ripped away by the Chicago Bears today.
Speaker 1: I think the sas.
Speaker 5: Adams caught him was down is and he hit the ground like yeah, I don't people are get I don't know why people are so confiused comparing those two.
Speaker 2: I think it's an easy still shot to compare. But I just my only complaint is that they should have looked at the Brandon Cook situation longer. They were way too fast to just breeze passed it and then and let's keep the game going. And I'm usually anti review, but in this situation, I felt like they expedited that situation in a way that they should have not. Uh, you guys want to get to some goats and wats, Kendra, who.
Speaker 3: You got I'm actually going to do? We talked about most of my goats. Josh Allen and the Texans being on their way to Cancun was my goat. But as we were sitting here, I just remembered that my fantasy football group put down a thousand We won like a gift card for a thousand dollars worth of a spread at Hooters in Saugust, Massachusetts for the AFC Championship game like four months ago, having.
Speaker 4: No idea that it would be the Patriots. So I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Watch the Patriots Broncos game Hooters and Saugus, Massachusetts.
Speaker 4: So that's my goat.
Speaker 6: We have a thousand dollars where the wings booze all the stuff.
Speaker 4: I'm going to eat so many freaking chicken wings. So that's my goat. Because we talked about my other goats.
Speaker 1: How many people are in on that bill?
Speaker 4: Twelve? They capped us off at twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are gonna know how much Hooters.
Speaker 2: That is, that's that's a lot of that's a lot of chicken wings, that's a lot of nuggets.
Speaker 4: So much Hooters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know that you're gonna be uh, I don't know that you're actually going to be available for uh.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to put me in a wheelchair after that much chicken. I mighted in buffalo sauce and having the meat sweats for sure.
Speaker 1: What about you, stucky goat?
Speaker 5: Dalton Schultz had is over and he got there despite playing less than a quarter, So shout out Schultz. I thought that he was a huge loss for the Texans offense after that point. And then my wote is Ben Johnson for all those the short yardage play calling just killed that game in the flow of it.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: Luckily it ended up being a great game, but for most of that game, I mean Bears rams and it was like a snoozer for most of the game. So, uh, yeah, those are my my goats and wotes, and I guess I should say, actually my wote will be the forty nine ers special teams. I mean that that game was over on the opening kick and we just had a game that was unwatchable from that point on after she took the opening kickback. I didn't even I didn't watch the fourth quarter. I can't remember the Las playoff game. I didn't watch every minute of I think.
Speaker 2: We all had a sneaky suspicion that that was going to be when the corpse officially rotted for the San Francisco forty nine ers. That spread was just Kyle Shanahan respect. That's all that was.
Speaker 5: But you also have did Darnald uncertainty all week with Dale Bleak, which but the Niners just couldn't come up with anything. But once you fall behind against that Seattle defense, its lights out.
Speaker 1: My goat is bo Nicks.
Speaker 2: I mean, he played great and do and he did the walk off interview still on one foot. Nobody caught that until after the fact, adrenaline, probably knowing that his season was done, and he didn't mention it, talked about his teammates, talked about the situation, and then hobbled off the field. I thought that was a really cool look by bo Nix, A lot of respect for him.
Speaker 5: He honestly might not have known it and just thought he was saying down though, because well, now, yeah, he knew that he got banned up, but he wouldn't He might not have known aw sears wasn't. I mean adrenaline, I'm sure in that situation end of the Games is high for an athlete as you'll ever see.
Speaker 3: So I broke my ankle and didn't know for like, like I thought that I had just rolled it for a couple of hours and in the middle of the night it like doubled up in size. It like took a while for me to feel it. I'm not an athlete. I didn't break my ankle the same way he did. I'm just saying it took me a while to feel it. So I with the adrenaline and everything, I wouldn't be surprised because I woke up at three o'clock in the morning and like was like, I need to go to the hospital right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've tore my acls, but both my acls ripped a part of me and actually it didn't hurt the time. As weird as that is, but after different story. But yeah, I mean, how of a perform Knicks deserves a ton of credit for his performance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I would have been in tears, so go for me.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna. I guess, I mean c J. Stroud third time in the divisional round. He has a grand total of one touchdown pass and four interceptions. And by the way, that entire stat accumulation all occurred today, hadn't done anything prior to this average margin of defeat fifteen points for CJ. Stroud. I mean, he's he was so bad in these last two games. I know that it's it's kind of like hot take talk radio stuff. I would seriously be questioning is this the guy that we need to be moving forward with? With how bad he has been awful in these situations? Just a complete meltdown.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they had serious conversations about if they want what they want to do a quarterback, I have a championship caliber defense. And mean, I get that they had the injuries on offense too, but Stroud did not play anywhere close to good enough today. And look, Drake may should say he's got to send gift baskets to Herbert and Stroud because Drake may is not I mean, he has six fumbles in two games, but the quarterbacks have been so bad against him. There's just no talk about Drake may So but Stroud. It was ugly like some of the throws he was missing were bad to throw where he just threw it up in the air to nobody. I mean, you can't make that throw in the.
Speaker 3: Playoffs, Josh Allen like toss back weird, like flick yesterday.
Speaker 4: I needed to talk about that. What the hell was that?
Speaker 2: And that's part of the reason why he's not blamed free And while that didn't necessarily go on the.
Speaker 3: War, maybe one of the worst decisions I've seen in the postseason, like recency bias maybe, but that was I literally said out loud, what the fuck was that?
Speaker 5: No, the worst decision is was strout today and then to pick to pick six like that that throw had he just said that's it and just threw it up in the air like down, like take the sat there.
Speaker 3: You're gonna watch all of these games back tomorrow.
Speaker 5: I will never watch that Texans Patriots game.
Speaker 4: I can't wait. I'm gonna hate watch the ship out of that fact of.
Speaker 5: That game went over. Both teams average like three and a half yards per play, neither got the two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 4: Yards turnovers turnovers.
Speaker 2: I feel bad for Kendra that she has to do sports talk in the town that's gonna pretend like schedules don't matter.
Speaker 4: It has been a calling point all week long.
Speaker 3: People, you know, the old guys from like Medford or like, you play the schedule that's in front, Like.
Speaker 5: Who cares? You an easy schedule? That's the dream. I would love for my team to have the easiest schedule in the NFL. Play nobody, go to the super Bowl?
Speaker 1: People?
Speaker 5: Why are people so offended that you don't play anyone? That should be the goal, play backup quarterbacks every week? Just win, go to the super Bowl? Who cares? No one's going to remember fifteen years from now they played nothing but backups all year. But it's okay for people, Well, like what do you Yeah, you'll definitely point out that you played nobody. It's statistical fact that you played the easiest schedule of any team over the past twenty five years. And it's also an undeniable fact that you play nothing but backups every single week. So like, it's okay to point it out. But if I was a Patriots fan, who cares? And why do you care? If other people are pointing it out.
Speaker 2: We're gonna keep it rolling in a moment, But first I'm gonna toss it to Kendra for a word about our partners at DraftKings.
Speaker 6: The Favorites podcast is sponsored by DraftKings sportsbook and in partnership with DraftKings, our listeners get a great off for right now. New customers can bet five dollars and get three hundred dollars back in bonus bets if your bet wins. Love the thrill of live betting, DraftKings got you covered. Bet live on star player props and in progress games right as they happen. To get started, use promo code Favorites.
Speaker 4: When signing up with DraftKings.
Speaker 6: That's called Favorites when signing up with DraftKings for three hundred dollars back in bonus bets. If your bet wins, the crown is yours.
Speaker 1: Both conference title games are set.
Speaker 2: The Patriots are road favorites five and a half points against the Denver Broncos with Jared Stidham at quarterback, and the Rams are at Seattle Seattle laying a point and a half. The Broncos are the largest home underdog in a conference championship game since then nineteen seventy Merger, the largest that we've seen since Brown's cults. That's the Baltimore Cults back in nineteen sixty eight. It's Jared Sidam's first start in seven hundred and forty nine days. Stuckey, I saw you ask the question on Twitter, will this be the worst conference championship game? Or I believe you asked, what was the worst conference championship game that we've ever seen? Perhaps in the lead up to it? I went back to dig through see if I could come up with an answer for you. How about nineteen ninety six the Pittsburgh Steelers taking on the Indianapolis Colts. It was Neil O'Donnell versus Jim Harbaugh. It wound up being a great game, but in terms of the lead up to it, very similar to what we're getting here.
Speaker 5: Well, we had Foles Keenum not too long ago. I will I will say if you're looking for yeah, I mean this AFC Championship game. I was saying that it should be on like ESPN News, Nickelodeon, Flying Game, the if you're looking for a long time, I don't even know if there'll be a number out there. But going back to the Patriots playing backups Rams beat the Seahawks, Stafford tears his knee on the kneeling the ball down at the end of the game. Jimmy g super Bowl MVP. If I could find a number on it, I'll look at it. But in all seriousness, Patriotson, you'll have a chance to prove it, I think against starters in the Super Bowl. And then you can shut everyone up.
Speaker 3: If I saw you go viral yesterday, hate it on the Patriots schedule, stucky, don't you worry here.
Speaker 5: It's it just pointing out facts. I don't know why people get so upset about it, Like it's it's it's okay to be the soft schedule.
Speaker 4: Done that to me, and I was like, this is awesome.
Speaker 5: If you don't like teams drew, if you're not gonna like win your division, you're not gonna make the playoffs. If you're a fan of the team you want to finish in the last you can get a fourth place schedule, improve your odds of getting a better record, improving your playoff positioning. The goal should be to have an easy schedule. And like, if you're think about it, you bet on a team and then it comes out that their quarterback is out, you're happy. You should be happy that you're playing backups. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially when you've already won a million Super Bowls. I guess you know. It's not like you're trying to prove yourself.
Speaker 4: Never enough here, it's never enough.
Speaker 2: I'm still sick that Mike Turrico welcomed people to the broadcasts in the wild card round and said the Patriots back in the playoffs, as the kids say, it's been a minute, Like fuck you.
Speaker 4: The people here are so entitled.
Speaker 3: Like there's some three year old right now who's only experienced one title and it was the Celtics.
Speaker 4: Like, oh no, oh, seven.
Speaker 3: Year olds have had like three titles since I've been here. That's insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, highly entitled.
Speaker 2: All Right, we're gonna spend a lot of time on these games on Tuesday and Thursday, so let's just quick read on either one. On either one of these games, are either of you rushing to the window to bet the Seahawks, Rams Pats or Broncos. Kendra, we'll start with you. The ans or no is acceptable in this particular situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of like the Broncos to cover this number for reasons that I kind of that I already said, just because if that we saw what the Patriots did today and struggling against a good defense. I think if the Broncos can attack them in a similar way and make Drake May uncomfortable and make him turn the ball over like that, and they can get a little bit more lucky.
Speaker 4: I expect them to probably run.
Speaker 3: The ball a lot more op be as dangerous as C. J. Stroud was at times today. Maybe they could keep that a little bit closer.
Speaker 4: So the five and a half I don't hate.
Speaker 3: And then the total for the Seahawks game, there's a forty seven and a half out there, forty eight and a half. I feel like there's probably gonna be points scored in this game because the Seahawks have a great defense, but we know that the Rams can score, and we know that the Seahawks can put up points.
Speaker 1: Well about you stuck.
Speaker 5: On the number, I lean Broncos right now, but running to bet at no, it's a five and a half, You're in like a dead zey And so where I don't know where this number is going to go? I really don't. So like this's there's a lot of uncertainty. So and like it's a huge game. Public can have a say in these on like a regular season game, just because the volume is so big, and if there's not you know, especially if there's not like strong sharp money opinions, I don't know, it's just going to be a wave of this is the Pats who cover all the time against backups playing another backup and uh you know Stidham stinks and then could we get a six? Like there's no downside of waiting and then this ticks down? Uh so, like I think it's worth just seeing where this line goes. So but I definitely would lean Broncos at the current price. And what's Seahawks two.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah, that's I'm.
Speaker 5: Not running yet. I got to dive into that in the RAMS.
Speaker 2: I I was gonna say Seattle minus one and a half early bird got the worm. I did not, So I will have to reassess that as we jump around some key numbers there. But I don't know how you could look at Seattle this weekend and not come away from the weekend saying that that looks like your Super Bowl sixty champion. I know that San Francisco is all sorts of banged up, but when you look at all three levels offense, they can kill you. In the past game with JSN run game. They've got two studs special teams. Shaheed is playing at a high level defense. They've got probably the best left right there with the Denver Broncos.
Speaker 1: So it in terms of.
Speaker 2: Who I see as the best team that is still around, it's the Super Bowl favorite right now in the Seattle Seahawks. But I'll have to see if that one settles back down.
Speaker 5: I will say your special teams no is no, no, The Seattle special teams are elite. The Jets, I'm out of the best special teams in the league this year the only they did well, but Seattle was right there. Big special teams advantaged for Seattle in this game. But teams, remember, teams are never as good as they look the week before. So they had a really good matchup against the forty nine ers and everything just snowballed on San Francisco. The Seattle offense has sneakily been broken for two months, and they've had games where they're able to mask it because they get a bunch of defensive touchdowns special teams touchdowns. I mean, Darnold threw for one hundred and ten yards against the Niners. So it's not like we saw this offense magically fixed. I think even like twelve or seventeen, like one hundred and fifteen yards or something. So and look, we saw Seattle beat the Rams recently, but the Rams dominated that game, but of like six hundred yards offense didn't even have their full compliment of weapons, So I think at three i'd have to look at their rams. But I really want to spend a lot of time in that game.
Speaker 2: And we will do that as a collective coming up on Tuesday. Before we get out of here, let's toss it over to Brandon Anderson for the hot read for conference Championships next week.
Speaker 1: Hot Wraps who sevent day on ice Rights? Ice Cream? How Real.
Speaker 7: Championships Sunday? Hot Reid can't say these are the four teams or quarterbacks we expected heading into the season. A little different today on the Hot Red than usual. Only four teams left, So you gotta get a little creative with the picks here today. And I'll tell you from I give you my pick, but I also tell you why this time you might want to wait just a bit to place your bet, and that is because we're going to the AFC, and I mentioned the quarterbacks we are riding with Jared Stidham and the Denver Broncos plus five and a half in the AFC Championship game. What a sentence. I can't believe we're here. Bonneck's broken ankle in overtime, Stidham's gonna make his fifth start over Who in the world wants to Backstidham here? Of course, if you've been betting a while, you know that is exactly when you got to make the play. Start with the line. The look ahead on this game heading into the weekend was Denver minus one and a half. That means this is a seven point swing from Knicks to Stidham, and that is insane to me. There's no way this is a seven point drop off at quarterback. That is Josh Allen, that is Patrick Mahomes type level.
Speaker 5: Stidham.
Speaker 7: We don't know a lot about him, but it's not like Knicks is anywhere near that company. I was already pretty low on Knicks anyways. I personally make this maybe two points, maybe a field goal, something in that range. Nothing even remotely close to seven. Even crazier is I actually thought about betting Denver before this weekend on this line. I had Denver overfield goal before the Knicks injury, so Zoo might have been on the matchup. Both teams a bit unproven as we know, both teams maybe a bit fraudulent on this season, but it doesn't matter. They're here and now you beat who's in front of you. Denver does have the unit I trust the most, its defense, and I like the matchup here some things for Denver to watch for all the focus will be on Stidham, but look at that defense, elite, elite pass pressure, one of the best in the league. And we've seen Patriots young offensive line really struggle both against the Texans and the Chargers. That offense has not been that great and either these matchups not super impressive. Denver's corners are really good and importantly, Denver is the number one defense limiting explosives. That is where the Patriots live. They have not been as good matriculating up and down the field, especially in the playoffs. They rely on those big plays number one explosive in the league, number one explosive passing. If Denver can take away those big plays or limit them, keep things close, that's your underdog formula to give you a shot. Patriots defense, I know they have looked good but here's a big swing for them. Look at the Chargers, look at the Texans. What do they have in common? Offensively? Terror offensive line, Denver is one of the best offensive lines in the entire league. So that's a huge swing. I'm gonna make things look a lot different on that side of the ball. And an important stat here, Patriots have been one of the worst teams in the league in the red zone offense and defense both bottom five, Denver top five there. So again, that is a spot where if you're the underdog, one big stop, one big score when it's unexpected, can really swing things. Conference Championship weekend, you want to back the one seed since two thousand and six, twenty one and five straight up are the one seeds by over ten points a game, twenty four percent of the money line. And here's a few more stats for you among those games twelve and three straight up against the two seed. Both of our matchups are sorry, the AFC matchup obviously features that one and five in one straight up as anything under a field goal favorite. Obviously well underfield goal favorite here, huge underdogs at home, think about this, Jared's didham to me? Instead of bone nicks? You're looking at Denver being more like Pittsburgh now, worse offense, not great I don't want to back Pittsburgh too much. But great defense, great coaching at home, underdog script, chance to win. That's what we're looking at. Here did them in the Broncos plus five and a half at home? Now, I said at the top, you may want to wait. So here's the spot for that four points. Five points kind of a dead zone for the most part in this range. So if you wait and the line moves a half a point or a point, you're probably not losing much. But this is slowly moving up already. And look, everyone's gonna want to bet the Patriots. People think this is a fate accompany. I think we probably hit six. We could even push six and a half or seven. Those are key numbers. You definitely want to wait and grab that if you can. So we're making the hot red pick. I'm giving you Denver. They're the side. I will be ond because this is an insane number, but you may get a better number if you wait just a bit into the week. On the other side of the bracket, NFC Awesome Division, a rematch between the league's two best teams, both games we've saw this season were great. I don't know yet who wins that one, but here's what I do know. I'm gonna like whoever wins that one in the Super Bowl. So last couple of months, I've had these two teams Rams and Seahawks first or second in either order in my power ratings, lapping the field multiple tiers ahead of the field. I have them at least three points better than any other team on a neutral and I don't exactly have Denver or New England third in my power ratings. I actually make either NFC team at this point at least a seven point favorite against Denver and about six against New England as well. So all the better here on this bet. If we think Denver is live at home, you get to face Jared's did them in a super Bowl in that case, But I'm gonna like the NFC team in the Super Bowl, And at most books you can just bet that NFC to win the Super Bowl minus two twenty. At our sponsored DraftKings, that's the bet here. My math makes the NFC about a six and a half point favorite right now. Given the teams we've got left, that would be around a minus three hundred money line about seventy five percent minus two twenty. We're getting about sixty nine percent, so a little bit of edge in our favor there. Hopefully you played this this weekend. My bet we gave out on the podcast Seattle money Line, Rams money line plus NFC. We got this at plus two twenty. Now we're getting it out at minus two twenty, still odds in our favorite And if your book doesn't have this, you can build this by yourself. Take your bet split in a half Seattle to win the Super Bowl plus one sixty Rams plus two twenty five. You just bet both of those together. You've built this bet at about minus two twenty five and you're really not losing much on the bet there. So that is today's hot read NFC to win the Super Bowl minus two twenty in part because Denver is live. Jared Stidham plus five and a half home with the Broncos. That is our championship game hot read.
Speaker 2: That'll do it for us here this evening. If you want to keep up with everything we've got going on this week Tuesday episode Thursday episode found on the Action Network YouTube page. When we talk Conference title weekend in the NFL we'll.
Speaker 1: See you next time.
Speaker 2: Here on the Favorites presented by DraftKings, I'm Brandon Kravitz, She's Kendri Middleton.
Speaker 1: He's Stucky or Out.
Speaker 4: Action Network reminds you please gamble responsibly. If you or someone you care about has a gambling problem, help is available twenty four to seven at one eight hundred Gambler