Speaker 1: Round up in information overload. Our here's our toll free telephone number. It's eight hundred and nine four one, Shawn, if you want to be a part of the program. Now officially less than three hours to the Iranian deadline and the President promising this will be bridge and power planned day and that Iran will be obliterated if they simply, you know, don't. What the President is asking is not a heavy lift. He's demanding the free flow of of oil at market prices and not allowing a terror regime to disrupt the lifeblood of the world's economy. That's all he's asking. As well as you cannot be in nuclear power, you are insane. You're the number one state sponsor of terror. You have killed more innocent men, women and children then we could even calculate. And it's not happening anymore. Under his watch, they allow America, they hand over the sixty percent enrich uranium, They open the strait, and they will survive. This can be avoided. It is like Midnight Hammer could have been avoided, just like Operation Epic Fury could have been avoided. And it's the last chance, and it's really that simple. Let me play the President again. I will never let Iran have a nuclear weapon. Here's what he said.
Speaker 2: Forty seven years they've been negotiating with these people.
Speaker 1: They're great negotiators.
Speaker 2: And because they're not going to have a nuclear weapon. And if somebody that takes my place someday is weak and ineffective, which possibly that will happen, because we had numerous presidents that were weak, ineffective and afraid of Iran. We're never going to let Iran have a nuclear weapon. And if you think it's okay for people that are sick of mind, that are tough, smart and sick, really sick ideology from a policy standpoint, from at any which way you want to say mentally, these are disturbed people. If you think I'm going to allow them and powerful and rich to have a nuclear weapon, you can tell your friends at the New York Times.
Speaker 1: Not going to happen. Okay, not going to happen. We're talking. This is not a complicated moral issue here when you're dealing with the number one state sponsor of terror that have killed untold, you know, tens of thousands of people. Anyway, Kevin Hermning is with us a marine held captive. Remember nineteen seventy nine, the Islamic Revolution, the Iyotola Komene coming into power. He was one of the Americans held for four hundred and forty four days during that time. And we'll get to this maybe a little later on. There was that botched attempt to rescue the hostages that just became a Jimmy Carter disaster. And you know, compare that to this weekend, which we'll get to in a second. But after you know, these many decades of being held hostage, he was really one of the first victims of this, this mad Islamic radical regime. I don't think people fully understand the mindset, the evil that is radical Islamis I believe in converter die and that have been waging, you know, this terrorist regime and war against Israel, war against the civilized world. I don't think they fully comprehend how dangerous a threat they have been and what they would be like if they had nuclear weapons. What are your thoughts on it?
Speaker 3: Well, Sean, it's good to be back with you again. You know, there's no question that the regime is dangerous. Right for decades, they funded their own version of a holy war. They've threatened our allies in the United States and our interests, and how many of our own boys died and were maimed by their improvised explosive devices in Afghanistan and Iraq. And we can't forget Hezbollah and Hamas and you know what they did to our marine barracks. I mean, this is this is who Iran's our leadership is. And you know today with these tensions that continued to rise, strength is what matters. And we saw firsthand from inside the prison cells, behind the blindfold, figuratively speaking and sometimes literally speaking, we understood those who were the true believers, the followers of the Iotolic Homanian of course later after he died, the Iotolic HAMMANI who President Trump killed on the first day of the war. These people, it really is their way or there is nothing that would allow their country to join the Community of Nations, and they have. This is the first time that anybody has actually threatened the country of Iran and finally done something about what they did to murder and kill our boys and women over these last forty seven years.
Speaker 1: Would their history of fomenting terrorism and their unbelievable ambition to build out their ballistic missile systems. We now learned in this conflict that they had a much greater ballistic missile range than we believed possible, and we now know that they're ranged. With their range in its current manifestation, they can hit targets in London and in Paris. We know that with sixty percent enriched uranium they could they have enough over one thousand pounds of uranium at sixty percent that can be enriched to weapons grade in less than twelve days. That means that they have the means to deliver a nuclear weapon if they can go through that final enrichment process, which is not that complicated, and that means that it is an existential threat right now to Europe and other parts of the world, and soon they would be able to build up intercontinental ballistic missiles, which would be a threat to the US. Now, the question is, morally speaking, do we have an obligation to take this threattrie this threat now when it's at its easiest point. None of this is ever easy. I'm not diminishing the threat assessment here. None of it is easy. Every American life is pressure precious. However, when you when you weigh that against the potential of maybe a modern day holocaust and millions dying. It seems to me to be a no brainer. It's it's it's like taking out Hitler before he killed millions of people. In my view, I think it is the moral equivalent, and I don't use those Nazi analogies lightly the way so many others do.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I think that that's one of the unspoken results of what President Trump did down in Venezuela, first president in one hundred years to defend the Monroe doctrine. And what would it have been like if Iran had put onto their their own ships, their navy ships that are now at the bottom of the sea. They're ballistic missiles. They're they're in rich or unenriched or uranium shipped off to Venezuela, their big ally just several hundred miles south of the United States, or haven't even closer in Cuba, seventy miles off the coast of Miami, and suddenly used it to threaten the United States right in our backyard. I'd rather be fighting this battle over there. But I would say this, Sean, you know, America should never apologize for defending itself, and so if iron threatens our troops our allies or global stability. I mean, we have to respond, and we have to do so civili decisively. But I think that what we're going to watch real closely here in the next several hours and days and weeks. Hopefully it'll be faster than weeks or months, but it's how the President leads. We have to continue to lead by I think, targeting the threats with precision, the military assets. It's clear that we haven't destroyed all of their military assets yet. We didn't do it last May or June. We didn't do it yet, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to shoot down r F fifteen the other day. Command structures aren't completely done yet their capabilities, But we have to be cautious, I would say about punishing an entire population. We are not at war with the Iranian people. We know that. I hope that the people of Iran know that we're at war with the regime that threatens death to America, death to Israel, death to the Middle East, death to anybody that is antithetical to what they believe, and that is fundamentalism, Islamic fundamentalism and the Shia religion that does not respect human rights. On any level. What's going to change in Iran is not when it does change. If it changes, I pray that it does every day. It's not going to be a government that looks at all like ours. They're not going to have a bill of rights. That's how we kind of measure things here in the United States. But they have to have more freedom of something, freedom of some type of religion, freedom of assembly, freedom of press, freedom to raise their families without having to cow down to a leadership regime that does not respect human rights in any way at all.
Speaker 1: All right, quick break, We'll have more with Kevin Hermning. He's a marine who is twenty years old at the time the Iranian Revolution, held four hundred and forty four days hostage in Iran. More with him on the other side than your calls coming up eight hundred and nine to four one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program, right, we continue with Kevin Hermning is with us. He was held the youngest at the time, twenty years old, for four hundred and forty four days hostage in Iran with the beginning of the Islamic Revolution in nineteen seventy nine. He knows what it's like to be a prisoner of war in that regime. During your captivity, there was an attempt by then President Jimmy Carter to have a a hostage rescue. It ended in a disaster. Compare that and I'll play for you. It's rattle along the President explaining this operation to rescue this down pilot over the weekend, which was incredibly dangerous, incredibly sophisticated and complicated and successful. This is the President responding. And when we come back on the other side, well, we'll get your comparison.
Speaker 4: Then.
Speaker 2: It was an honor to be involved with it. It's very historic. This is a rescue that's very historic. It'll go down to the books. Late Thursday night, an American F fifteen fighter jet went down deep inside enemy territory in Iran while participating in Operation Epic Fury, where we're doing unbelievably well well at a level that nobody's ever seen before. The entire country could be taken out in one night, and that night might be tomorrow night. Both members of the crew ejected from the aircraft and landed alive on Iranian soil. I immediately was asked to make a decision. I ordered the US Armed Forces to do whatever was necessary to bring our brave warriors back home. A risky decision because we could have ended up with one hundred dead as opposed to one or two. It's a hard decision to make. But in the United States Military, we leave no American behind. We don't do it. Within hours of our armed forces deployed twenty one military aircraft into hostile airspace, many flying at very low altitude, being shot by bullets. You bring rifles into play when you go in that low but there are also certain advantages. And in broad daylight over Iran for seven hours at times, facing very very heavy enemy fire, we have a helicopter that's got a lot of bullets in it. It's amazing. We just realized how good those weapons are, those our machines are. Nobody has nobody as the equipment that we have, and nobody has the military that we have, not even close the most powerful military anywhere in the world by far. The flight crews and warfighters aboard those aircraft took extraordinary risks to rescue their fellow service members. This first wave of search and rescue forces successfully located the pilot of the F fifteen, and he was extracted from enemy territory by an HH sixty Jolly Green two helicopter fabulous machine as our warriors faced gunfire at very close range.
Speaker 1: All right, So when you learned that there was this effort to rescue you and the other hostages, when did you first learn that, Sean, It.
Speaker 3: Was about six weeks after the event occurred. We learned by accidents in a couple of ower rooms, and then that started spreading throughout the groups of hostages. We were in very small groups of anywhere from people in solitary confinement to no more than three or four or five people at a time throughout the entirety of the feign and forty four days in captivity. But by April of nineteen eighty, when the rescue mission happened, forty six years ago, by the way, this month, a couple of weeks of forty six years once we learned about it. It's actually what gave us hope that we had not been forgotten, that our government was doing something, at the very least to try to get us out. And I do not want to take anything away from the brave men and women who were on that mission. We had some challenges in our government. At that time, we didn't really fund and respect our military the way we do today as a government. As a society, we were still stuck in some of those Vietnam doldrums that the American people were not standing up in support of the troops. They blamed the troops for the actions of our government leaders. But those brave men who were on that mission. I've met literally dozens of the survivors since then, and to a person, they told me that they would do it all again, despite knowing the danger and the possibility that they could lose their lives. They just wanted us to know that they were committed to trying to rescue us. Sadly, the bodies of those eight men back and were left on the desert floor, because that's what the decision was made during the aborted rescue mission, the burning bodies of our heroes, those three Marines and five airmen who on April twenty fifth died during that aborted rescue mission. But really say, without John, without that event happening, despite its disastrous outcome, it's really what led to the sophistication and the ability of our armed forces, the Delta Force, the Navy Seals, the pair of jumpers and everybody else to go in there and rescue our heroic colonel this weekend.
Speaker 1: Thank god you got out. Thank god you can really explain to people what this regime is about. Kevin Hermning, thank you for being with us foreigner and forty four days held hostage and Iran when the Iranian Revolution, when the Iotola Komane came into power back in nineteen seventy nine. Thank you, my friend, twenty year old marine sergeant at the time, the youngest of the fifty Americans held captive for that period of time. Eight hundred nine one, Shawn. You want to be a part of the program, quick break right back. We'll get to your calls. Eight hundred nine four one Shawn. As we continue today, Linda, did you see the President with Milania and the young children at the Easter egg hunt or whatever you call it? At the White House? Business goes all as usual. Easter egg roll? What's in east?
Speaker 3: Rag?
Speaker 1: You roll the Easter eggs? What do you do with it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They have like they have like almost like spatche Those are like big spoons and they roll them across the lawn.
Speaker 6: It's very cute.
Speaker 1: They roll them across the lawn, and they the White House lawn. They roll them across the lawn and the kids.
Speaker 6: How do you say it? How do you say lawn lawn that has a w in it?
Speaker 1: Hold on, that's correct, l a w the what.
Speaker 6: You're saying is la un Oh my.
Speaker 1: God, that no hurt for you nor for you. You know, I love Linda. She picks her own religion, which is, you know, I have a hate list. She just she just decides to modify Christianity. You know, forget the words of our Savior at our Lord forgive us as we forgive, love others, and treat others the way you want to be treated, all the above.
Speaker 7: I am not recreating the Lord's words. I am just a fallen human doing my best. And what I am doing is being honest, which is, there's a lot of bad people out there, and I am choosing to hate them.
Speaker 6: I get that.
Speaker 7: We're all human and created in our Lord and Savior's image. Some of them had a broken mirror. I'm doing the best I can.
Speaker 8: I think what he's suggesting is that you be the new leader of a new sect of Christianity called Now.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is she's written Bible and missing you.
Speaker 8: Lutheran instead of Protestant, you have Lindarianism, where you're allowed to follow the following, you know, the teachings of Linda and Jesus.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, this is a made up religion. This is fake and phony. This is fake news religion. This is not real religion. Look the words forgive us as we forgive. You know, love those that persecute you, you know, love your neighbor as yourself. What's so hard about those things? You know, I actually get. You don't get to rewrite the Lord's prayer. And that's and then you're trying to justify it.
Speaker 8: The point is that they're hard. It's not that it's easy to love your neighbor. That's why Jesus is the standard.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. The point is she doesn't even want to try. He clings to her hateless like manna from heaven. And then she says, I'm going to go up to the pearly gates. Yo, God, it's me, Linda. How you doing. I just want you to know that I tried my best. I did my best, you know, but I hate that, you know, so ob he's a he's a blanket, you know what? And you know what do you want? You made me? It's your fault.
Speaker 5: First of all, I would never tell him that it's his fault, because you know, I think he made me the way he wanted to make me. And he's like, I'm going to make her a strong, opinionated woman who is very kind and respectful to those who are deserving of said kindness and respect.
Speaker 1: Now based on your own judgment of but that's not what the teachings of Jesus say. You're supposed to love people to persecute you. If somebody hit you on that, you're supposed to turn the other cheek. Well I'm not. I'm actually an agreement on that part. Somebody hits my cheek and I'm going to deck him. You're going to knock him out. So are you rewriting the first prayer?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 1: You know I think he was speaking metaphorically in that instance, but forgive his pretty straightforward and you just want to rewrite it, and then you want to go to heaven one day and plead your case to God and my kids, He.
Speaker 6: Already knows all my decisions. He knew them before I made them.
Speaker 7: Because you know, what is the joke warning you cannot write.
Speaker 1: It's sort of like, oh, I'm going to forget the adultery part of thou shalt not commit adultery. Oh wait, take it easy.
Speaker 6: I didn't forget that part.
Speaker 7: The part that I am not I am remembering is if I see a scumbag on the subway, going up to and punching them in the face.
Speaker 1: I see this at the Pearly gates. This this, this debate.
Speaker 8: Take got God, Let me explain to you what happened exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh God, the guy was saying sauce wrong. Okay, God, God, God, you you made me this way? And what what am I supposed to? I'm sorry? Not allowed to curse up here? Oh what am I?
Speaker 6: But seriously if.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right. I couldn't give up cursing for because it was too hard, so yelled ten years in a row. In year eleven, I decided to give up chocolate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I really love it. I love it a lot, and I gave it up.
Speaker 1: Have you had chocolate yet?
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 6: I had it on Easter Sunday. It was amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, imagine life without chocolate, forget about it. Imagine how hard that is for you to give it up.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 1: It was very hard. Let's go to our busy phones, Aaron Colorado, Sean Hannity Showank.
Speaker 9: Sean, I hope you're having a good day.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 9: Building on with the last two collars set being a Christian soldier and a Trump saparder. The miracle that happened in the Middle East this past weekend. I think the copyright movie rights should be bought up by somebody like Freedom Studios so that it doesn't get twisted and get some Yahoo in.
Speaker 1: There is Freedom Studios connected to Angels Studios, which did The Chosen.
Speaker 9: Studios my fault? Okay, yeah, I was thinking Angel Studio. They're the ones.
Speaker 1: By the way, The Chosen is one of the best series I've ever seen, one of the best. There. There's another series if you If you liked The Chosen, you're gonna love The House of David. There are two seasons that have come out. I don't know why they stopped production of that that series because it was really well done. But I read that they have not even signed up for a third season, which bothers me. Uh. If you're interested in in another great series, it's The Bible. And another great series is a d that's by Roma Downey and Mark Burnett. Those are great series. You know, I've learned. I've I've actually been digging deeper and deeper into the Old Testament because I studied the New Testament most of my life, and I've found that I was not as well versed in the Old Testament. So I'm getting more versed in the Old Testament.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 9: But I'm just saying before somebody else with TDS snatches up this miracle, Angel Studios should be the one presenting, you know, because they're the ones that can show how the Lord worked with our soldiers and to get our airman home.
Speaker 1: They have they have transformed Hollywood, and Hollywood hasn't figured it out yet. They really have. They've done it. They've done a great job. I applaud them completely for what they've done. They've done amazing. Anyway, my friend, I appreciate you being with us eight hundred and nine four one, Sean, if you want to be a part of the program. Mohammad in Miami. What's up, Mohammed?
Speaker 4: How are you h Good after noon, Sean. I've been I'm a long time listeners, first time on the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Welcome aboard glad you called.
Speaker 4: You're welcome. Okay. Regarding the you guys are great and you've been doing great thing. But the only thing you bought any us. Right, know, this is not the war. This is a liberation through the unity of the What we want in the world to know, we love America and we love all the people. And what President wants to make a decision to destroy the bridges and the electricity, that's not for the people of the Iran people of Iroon wants to for example, if somebody mom is sacred, if we don't have no belgions, we cannot go to the hospital, or we don't have no electricity, we cannot do nothing. We don't have internet for two months, and that's we're already suffering. So this is this is not a very.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're putting the blame on the wrong people. And what this will now do, This will decimate the regime. And hopefully, and the President mentioned yesterday, there have been attempts in our attempts to arm the Iranian people so that they can take control of their own destiny. I would love to see the reemergence of the Persian culture and once great society. One's great culture contributed so much to humanity, and and all of that brilliance has been suppressed all these years because of this Islamic regime. I think what the President is saying is it's now at a tipping point that or for there ever to be a lasting piece, that this is what it's going to take to make that happen. And I have every belief that the Iranian people are more than capable of building back their society after it's been decimated by the Iranian leaders that have made horrible decisions, killed you know, tens and tens of thousands of people in the name of their religion.
Speaker 4: Correct, we all for that, But the only thing you have to give it off the regime, not the structure of your own because what happened actually what I said, I understand that in two nine stages almost thirty five thousand people, this is anheerzal and befull. They want to destroy your on So we don't want to help put the fire on, you know, to destroy the bridges and the electricity. And we are all for it to you know, to get rid of the regime, not the not the structural you know, structure of their I mean their amidation those things that they are already you know, which is mostly destroyed, and hopefully we'll get get rid of it.
Speaker 1: There's another there's another way to look at it, Muhammad, And I know it's painful, and I what the what the Iranian people have had to live through the last forty seven years is painful too. And and watching this regime have citizens surrounding the stated targets of America and Israel is unconscionable to me that they could care less about about your fellow Iranian citizens or the people loved ones, maybe people you know, they're they care they don't care about the people there. But this also would precipitate, I believe, the greatst opportunity for the Iranian people to take back control of their government. As painful as it is, the president up to this point, you know, again, they're not targeting densely populated civilian areas. They are targeting military targets. Bridges are military targets. Infrastructure, these are military targets, and that prohibits and prevents the regime from getting at the Iranian people. The president is trying to, you know, strike the perfect balance here and ultimately, now the Iranian people. Both the Prime Minister of Israel and the President said their moment is at hand and it's up to them to take their country back at some point here. And that's going to take the Iranian people rising up and and throwing this regime out on its head. And I'm hoping that the arming of the Iranian people is quick and they can expedite that, and I wish them only the best in this. Unfortunately, you have leaders that have decided a path of death and destruction and have killed, you know, untold tens of thousands of innocent people themselves, and that regime now is on the precipice, and the President's going to push push it to the end here. Unfortunately, sometimes the only answer is victory. The President has tried to negotiate in good faith without any luck at all whatsoever. Anyway, I appreciate the call. Our prayers are with the Uranian people. We don't have a problem with the Iranian people. We're not targeting the Iranian people. We're not trying to make their life more difficult either. The natural consequence of getting rid of this regime, unfortunately, and our prayers are with them all coast to coast.
Speaker 2: Order the voider Sean Hennity is on the radio right now.
Speaker 1: You know, it is amazing as we've been covering this all day, and the president is trying to prevent future generations from having to deal with the nuclear ar Duran that Democrats don't care. Democratic leader, Democratic leaders in the House calling on their members rush back to Washington so they can undermine the war effort. They released a statement calling for lawmakers come back in session immediately vote to end the war in Iran. And well, they don't have the votes to do it, they don't have the ability to get it on the floor number one and number two. But it just it shows you where their mind is at. One Iranian American Democratic congresswoman wants to remove the president for under the twenty fifth Amendment. Oh, you mean stopping them from getting nuclear weapons. Now, let's remove the president. That's crazy that you don't want a nuclear arm to rem This is you know what's insane. They're insane If they ever get in power, God help us. All. You know, an unexpected call voicemail saying that you owe back taxes. Probably every one of you listening in my voice right now has had that call. That is likely a scam irs impersonators try and scare you into paying or sharing personal information. Do not answer those calls if you don't recognize the number. If you do, hang up, don't give any details. The real IRS makes contact by mail first. They don't demand immediate payment on the phone. If you're unsure, only contact the IRS using a phone number that is real from its very real website. It is critical. It's important that you understand how cybercrime identity are impacting all of our lives, and there are lots of places that can accidentally expose your personal information. That's why LifeLock dot com monitors millions of data points every second of every data to any risk to your identity. LifeLock dot com detext and will alert you to potential identity threats that you will not spot on your own loan's taken out in your name, crimes committed by thieves that pretend to be you, and God forbid you're a victim of identity theft, you will get a dedicated US based restoration specialist that will fix it for you, guaranteed or your money back, also backed by the million dollar protection guarantee. Now it's easy to protect yourself now join now you'll get forty percent off your first year. Use the promo code Hannity when you call one eight hundred LifeLock, or simply go to LifeLock dot com one eight hundred LifeLock LifeLock dot com Today. All right, full complete coverage when we come on the air tonight on Hannity, the latest with Iran and the deadlines and the temporary setbacks and whatever else is going on on, We'll have it all. We have the great one, Mark Levin, General, Keith Kellogg, Mark Wayne Mullen tonight, also Governor Ronda Santas, Ari Fleischer, Greg Jarrett, Brett Vlokovich, Victoria Coates and much much more. You DVR nine Eastern tonight Hannity on Fox. We'll see you then back here tomorrow. Thank you for making this show possible. And God bless our military and keep them safe.