Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brook and Jeffrey and we've got a brand new Second Date podcast for you today. The guy, I mean, we always talk about often in these how they're not putting in enough effort these days. This band showed up an hour early to his date, yes to make sure he was prepared, and it still didn't work out. So where does that leave us? I guess we're gonna find out here in just a second. But first comments, h said, I love listening to this podcast.
Speaker 2: I almost finished studying sciences at college and I'm going to UNI in a few months to study optometry. You guys have helped me get through hours of revision and other boring tasks like cleaning my room.
Speaker 3: I hope you guys never stopped.
Speaker 4: Good for you. I love a good optometrist.
Speaker 3: You could study Brooks eyes, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Big glasses.
Speaker 1: Let's go all right here, tod is your brand new second Day podcast right now, Brooke.
Speaker 4: And Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Second Date Updates.
Speaker 3: Experts say, with all the competition nowadays on the dating apps, your first line has to be air tight. You might not get a second chance, and that's why our listener, Jamison says he came up with his own strategic approach, and apparently he was successful, at least for the moment.
Speaker 1: Well, it means he's on the phone with us, so we always judge that word pretty harshly.
Speaker 3: Well, I do wonder if the line would work on us. So Jamison, welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, glad to be here.
Speaker 4: Look at that Jason Jeffrey wants you to use a line on him.
Speaker 2: Just your voice alone is working an audio message to her.
Speaker 3: You have a great voice, Jamison.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it. Thank you, welcome.
Speaker 4: Okay, So are we getting straight to the line.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just want Jamison to talk about why are you? I don't know, quiet, I'm quiet and whispery? What's uh?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 3: You said you met a girl on the dating apps? What's her name?
Speaker 6: Yes? So her name is val all right, and.
Speaker 3: What was your strategic approach that you used?
Speaker 6: Uh So my opening line was I've been searching for you.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to.
Speaker 4: Like the whisper voice with the searching is I take it back?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So she responded to that.
Speaker 6: Yes, she was very confused, but she was like, what what do you mean? And I responded, your Valhalla, I've been searching for.
Speaker 3: You Vallla like the Viking Afterworld? Wow?
Speaker 1: Did she get you?
Speaker 4: Did she get your Viking joke?
Speaker 6: She ended up sending an eye roll emoji before she still wanted to talk after that.
Speaker 3: So okay, sometimes and no one's gonna agree with me on this, but someone in the world will. Jokes are so bad they're good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, dude, everyone that listens to this show.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, it must have worked if you're able to get a date with her, because I'm assuming that's where your story's going.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So we talked for a little while. We kind of matched interest, and so one thing led to another, and we ended up going on a date to a farmer's market. Actually, oh wow, not.
Speaker 4: The Afterworld is it? But I guess it'll do.
Speaker 6: But it worked, man, Yeah it did work.
Speaker 1: I was a farmer's market. That's always a cute date. Stuff to look at, stuff to talk about.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I actually went to the farmer's market, especially an hour early, whoa, because yeah, I wanted to familiarize myself with the vendors and whatnot. So I went around, had a few conversations, made myself familiar you.
Speaker 4: So you could be a tour guide to her.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean she seemed like a good idea for me.
Speaker 3: You know that is kind of sweet to be, like, Hey, if you like strawberries, I know exactly where they are, kind of.
Speaker 4: Like in this honey comes from a special group of bees. It only feast on clovers.
Speaker 6: Also, I kind of wanted to make myself look like a big shot, so when we were walking around, you know, people would know me. I get a little recognition.
Speaker 3: You support local weekly. When you don't, someone tells you I met you like an hour ago.
Speaker 4: Was she impressed?
Speaker 6: It only happened once? But you know it did happen.
Speaker 3: Okay, A one time must have felt good.
Speaker 6: You know, I won't lie. I kind of felt like I owned the place a little that day.
Speaker 3: So everybody knows big shot at the farmers market. All right, you're running the farmers market. That's that's super cool.
Speaker 4: It's not a flex for you.
Speaker 3: I'd love to hear, like, did you and vow connect over stuff or were you just going around showing off how cool you were.
Speaker 6: I bought her an ice coffee and then we kind of just talked about stuff after that.
Speaker 4: Okay, guys connect over.
Speaker 6: Some of our interests, books, TV shows, some of the art beasts saw at the farmers market.
Speaker 4: We both like food.
Speaker 3: M hm, you eat me too? Do you like markets? Yep, you like farmers Yeah. Yeah, wow, let's get married.
Speaker 4: We're giving you a really hard times, it does.
Speaker 3: It sounds like a very sweet it does in a way. The fact that there are these crazy things happening is good. You're having kind of a normal date.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean that sounds good now. But she's not calling me back or like returning my text, so I don't know what's up.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I'm sure Alexis is thinking what I am. She's intimidated by the king of the farmers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly where my head was at. Yeah, so many would be. But was it like, when you look back on the Farmers Market, was there any moments that you think could have been seen as a red flag for her, or any like lulls in the date?
Speaker 6: You know, I kind of thought I may have spent more time speaking to the vendors than her.
Speaker 3: Oh oh did that backfire?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I think it could have, because vendors they loved to talk. Yeah, so, you know, I tried to get a little bit of a loan time with her at the end, So there was a bar across the street. We went over. There had a few mimosas, but it only lasted about twenty minutes before we had to go.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, well that's I mean Mimosa Farmers Market.
Speaker 5: But it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought it was cute, but I guess she didn't. You know, when we left, I went in for a hug, but it kind of became awkward and left on weird energy.
Speaker 3: I guess how was a hug awkward?
Speaker 4: They can be really bad sometimes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I went in for a side hug and I guess she didn't really read that, so she tried to give me like a high five or something.
Speaker 3: One of those situations. Okay, like that, you couldn't even right. It was bad to leave on an awkward note.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was weird. You know, our navels kind of connected, but they also didn't.
Speaker 3: Oh, actually, it's sexier than I thought the way you described active. Kind of hot. But all right, The bottom line is val is not calling you back. So let's go on an official search for Valhalla see if we can bring her back to the Promised Land and reconnect her with Jamison. When you do your second date update, right, after this, hold on, man.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it. Guys, thank you, We appreciate you.
Speaker 5: Hold On Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Second Date updates.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Second Date updates. As we embark on an epic journey searching for vow Halla. It's just it's Val, a woman that our listener Jamison went out with for a day at the farmer's market, and now she's not calling him back. So we've decided to ban together and take up his noble quest to say, not tomorrow, not yesterday, but now Hella shall be ours or Jamison's or.
Speaker 4: It's gonna end with the Viking funeral. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Something will occur in the next few minutes. I promise you that. Okay, all right, maybe we need to cut the music.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry sound into it and I was excited about it.
Speaker 3: I tried, Guys, I did my best. There.
Speaker 4: You are a good question leader.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I don't know much about Viking lore, so I really should have watched more History Channel. Bottom line is we need to help Jamison get his girl. Yeah, how do you feel, Jamison?
Speaker 6: So I dressed up as a Viking for Halloween ones five years ago.
Speaker 3: Height, I do it. We all appreciate the visual that you just gave us, the nice that's going to inspire us to work even harder to get you to your goal.
Speaker 6: He sounds good to me. All.
Speaker 3: You don't sound nervous at all, by the way, or excited.
Speaker 6: Yeah, anything, I don't know. I guess that's just my personality. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You are kind of soft spoken, Yeah, like a Viking.
Speaker 1: That's right, very calm and collect.
Speaker 3: All right, let's board our boat and take our epic journey. We're gonna call Val and see if she answers.
Speaker 5: Here we go, hullo.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're looking to speak with Val.
Speaker 5: This Val.
Speaker 3: Hey, Val, this is a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Hey, well, hi, hey, good morning, Val. How you doing?
Speaker 5: Is this real? This doesn't sound real. I don't I don't know what this is.
Speaker 4: It's not a dream. Sound could be a are you jo?
Speaker 5: I think it's a reader, That's what it sounds like.
Speaker 3: We're not a It'd be a little bit weird if a I was to call you out of the blue and ask about your dating life.
Speaker 4: Hey, we don't know what a background these days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know what AI got you. Okay, you and me.
Speaker 4: We're together.
Speaker 1: We don't trust that artificial intelligence.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 5: I trust her, okay, okay, Yo, she doesn't.
Speaker 4: Well, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't trust her if you were in the studio right now? Why with her Michael J. Fox haircut? But that's that's a different story.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what that would look like.
Speaker 3: Dude. They have three people who can picture it right now if you're laughing, and the Ais are the ones that don't have the imagination to picture.
Speaker 4: So that's okay happening. That was a bad burn, is what that.
Speaker 3: Was like, Ai, because he could have come up with a good joke. Joke landed, moving on now, joke complete, Sorry, Valve, Sorry val Here's the thing we're we're kind of a jokey, funny show. We like to have fun with each other, but we're really serious about one of our listeners, a guy named Jamison that you went out on a date with recently.
Speaker 5: Oh, okay, you know Jameson. I do know him, I do remember him, but he's there really wasn't much to remember. It was like a pretty boring date. I would say.
Speaker 3: What you're talking about the farmer's market date.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like it just felt kind of an original and like what like if people were music, he would be like elevator music.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, yeah, let's leave the ja.
Speaker 4: Maybe he shouldn't have put the momses at the end of the day. Maybe he should have put him at the beginning and you would have had a different opinion.
Speaker 3: Okay, teen wolf, Jeez, is that another hairb Michael j This is so good.
Speaker 4: Can we start using someone from the last ten years?
Speaker 3: Maybe you he's still doing his thing, Michael, millennial crying in their car line?
Speaker 4: Get that about Jack?
Speaker 3: Okay, fair fair enough? Boring?
Speaker 5: He just like was boring. It's like the color gray. He was just millennial gray.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 5: I don't even know, Like, I don't get why he is reaching out to you, guys. I haven't been responding to him, so I don't really know why he isn't taking the hint.
Speaker 3: Well, he is understanding that you're distancing yourself. He just wasn't sure if there was a specific reason for it. And your reason seems to be that he was too boring for you.
Speaker 5: I mean, Doug, I have said that. I feel like then he's boring.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, listen, that's your take on the experience, and that's fine. We appreciate you being honest with us, so now it's our turn to be honest with you.
Speaker 4: This is exciting.
Speaker 3: This is usually the fun part of the call where we tell you that Jamison has actually been listening in on this call the entire time. Quiet little wallflower on the side of the room. Wait did it jump in?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Yes he Jeff met like a panther ready to attack.
Speaker 3: Got biking, not in a scary way, but yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just trying to make something more exciting, totally.
Speaker 6: Jameson, Hey, well, how's it going.
Speaker 4: There's that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jason Jameson, did you you heard what she said? Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I heard all of it.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, what do you think she's saying things about you and your personality?
Speaker 6: Honestly, it's fine. I'm not for everybody, so it's whatever.
Speaker 1: That is such a wow, emotionally mature response. I love that.
Speaker 5: Well. I'm glad, honestly, Jamison, that you heard everything, because I feel like you weren't getting it when I wasn't responding to your check. So if this is how you needed to hear it. I'm glad, and maybe you'll find somebody else who's a different shade of gray for you.
Speaker 3: You know, seems unwarranted, you know what.
Speaker 6: I'm glad I hear it now, because I'm pretty sure the waitress at the bar he went you won't think that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what does that mean?
Speaker 6: Exactly what you think?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 6: Once you left for the bar, I stayed back a little bit, ended up talking to our waitress, and you know I got her number, so so good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, I did not expect to hear.
Speaker 3: That from me, James, and you really did that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know we're not exclusive, so I figured why not expand my options? Right?
Speaker 4: Oh, good on you. I guess he doesn't seem upset that this didn't work out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, wonder, which is fine because I mean everybody seems happy then, right maybe.
Speaker 3: But suddenly Jamison isn't sounding quite as boring in Wallflowery anymore.
Speaker 4: You turned on Jeff.
Speaker 3: I mean a man that takes charge and goes out and gets what he wants when he wants, and Jeff wants to go to a farmer's market.
Speaker 5: I'm kind of into this. How Jamison is founding I'm into this.
Speaker 3: This is Jeff I'm the host.
Speaker 5: Of the Oh no, no, no, what you just say. I'm kind of into this side of Jamison though I didn't really know that he could like snap back like that.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of inside vibe.
Speaker 5: I'm more into that vibe you like when he challenges you. Now that I am just hearing his voice with no Farmers Market around, like, I feel like I'm not as distracted the voice and the like comeback. I'm kind of into this. I could be I could be swayed. I could be swayed.
Speaker 4: Really sounds like you could be swayed pretty easily.
Speaker 6: Well, let me say you've you some trouble. I'm not interested anymore. I think I'll be seeing that waitress.
Speaker 3: Oh no way, dude, what a power move?
Speaker 4: Is that true?
Speaker 3: You don't want to go out with her again?
Speaker 6: No, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Because he heard the truth. He heard her. Yeah, value just blew it you guys.
Speaker 5: I think he's joking because I just got a text message from him with a little heart emoji.
Speaker 3: Oh really did you do that?
Speaker 4: Jameson?
Speaker 6: I don't text and tell I won't text intellious, And.
Speaker 4: I'm starting to think that the waitress thing is not true.
Speaker 3: For the purposes of this segment, we're going to pretend that it still is true. Okay, because I'm sensing there's interest from val we would offer to send you to out on another date if you're open to it. He said, no, right, Well, I don't know, he said, he's in a heart emotion.
Speaker 4: Where are you at, Jamison, Yes or no.
Speaker 6: I won't date it, but i'll break her off all of something.
Speaker 3: What an awful Okay, Well.
Speaker 1: Up to you.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm into it, so yeah, yeah, this guy's got so much.
Speaker 2: Risk at the same time.
Speaker 3: Absolute, No, he's the most boring guy in the world. Into I am super into this.
Speaker 1: Gennial, Gray a chance, and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Well look at that, guys. We reached Valhalla and it's a lot different than I pictured it would be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's weird. He is not the person that I thought he was.
Speaker 1: No, I think you know somebody for four minutes and then they go and change on you.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe Vikings do talk soft but carry a big stick. Jameson and you guys think he played us like the market like he got on with us early before he talked to her and then sealed the deal.
Speaker 4: I don't know. He was good though we didn't even see it. He knew exactly what she wanted.
Speaker 3: He was able to fully turn things around in his favor by simply not caring and just being like whatever. Yeah, which is why I don't even care. If you find us on our podcast right now, you know I'm desperate. Don't find like us, don't like us. We don't care.
Speaker 4: We don't cry. It's at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If you go to if you go to Brooke and Jeffrey Second Date Update and you say nice things, we probably won't even read it.
Speaker 1: We will, We're always reply to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah,