Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: I didn't know if it was going to be this emotional. I of course had surgery on Friday and I walked in and first person I see is Fritzy, and you looked emotional. And I do appreciate that you were sending me text messages throughout the weekend. So once again, every day is a Super Bowl hashtag warrior. If there's a comeback sports anchor sports Emmy to hand out this year, I would like to think that I'm maybe the leading candidate. But thank you for the emotions that you were sharing this morning.
Speaker 3: Todd.
Speaker 4: You're very welcome. You know we were.
Speaker 5: None of us really jumped out, especially me to open the door for you, you know, none of the swing.
Speaker 4: No, no, I'll keep it positive.
Speaker 2: Seaton came out to my car. Really, yes he did, and he said can I help you? Do you need any help getting out of the car.
Speaker 4: That's very nice.
Speaker 2: Once again, that was just a small thing. He wasn't going to make a big deal out of it. I wasn't either. We're team, It's all about us, and I'm here today. Fifty percent of this audience on Friday didn't think I would show if you're watching on Peacock, I did try to go muted tones so my sling would kind of blend in with my hoodie because it's not about me standing out where I would wear a white T shirt with the dark sling that I have on my surgically repaired shoulder. I'm ready to go, though, because once again, every day is the Super Bowl eight seven. By the way, if you're watching on Peacock, thank you for downloading the app and our radio affiliates around the country. iHeartRadio, Fox Sports Radio as well phone calls. We'll get to those. Operator Tyler is sitting by Hall of Famer Steve Young. A little later on, we'll talk some college football with the former member of College Game Day, David Pollock, and some baseball. We have a World Series matchup that everybody, well almost everybody was hoping for. Jeff Passing from the Mothership will stop by as well play the day pole question stat of the Day. All of that forthcoming might be the busy time of the year in the sports calendar, so much so that we might be just touching on a variety of topics, not delving into them too deeply. But your phone calls are welcome email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handled at DP show football coming up tonight, Ravens at the Buccaneers. The Ravens are favored by three and a half at Tampa. And then you also have the Chargers and the Cardinals, with the Chargers favored by one and a half. It's the night of the Harball, so you have John and Jim both on display in both of these games, all right, in no particular order. The Yankees disposed of the Guardians. The Dodgers beat the Mets. The World Series set to start on Friday. College football, Georgia rolls Texas Tennessee over Alabama, Oregon quietly rolling and Miami survives again. The Bengals beat the Cleveland Browns, but Deshaun Watson looks like he has done with a torn achilles. The Packers beat the Texans, Lions over the Vikings, Chiefs and the Niners and Russ Cook. Last night it's the Steelers beat the Jets, and the Liberty win its first WNBA title.
Speaker 3: Those are just some of the headlines.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day brought to you was always by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program and first time. We're brought to you by tire rack dot com, the official tire expert of the DP show. Go to ti rack dot com, slash Dan try the easy to use Tire Decision Guide, full lineup of Bridgestone tires, special offers, Free Roadhanzard Protection, Mobile tire Installation, tire rack dot Com The way tire buying should be all right. Going back to last night, the Jets and the Steelers and Russell Wilson Junior third, it didn't start out well, but it ended well. He started out two for seven, and that crowd was not too pleased because look, Justin Fields, I think was correct in saying he didn't do enough to keep the job. But still I led you to four wins. I probably would have kept him in there. In fact, that's what I said on Friday. I would have kept him in there. But Russ shaken off the rust he was kind of it was almost like he was Rustell Wilson see what I did?
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah he did it with one arm, Yes I did.
Speaker 3: I am medicated today. I'm just letting you know real quick.
Speaker 6: People are asking you know how they say, you know, Jane Daniels, he's seventy five percent for this weekend's game. Do you have a percentage on your health?
Speaker 2: If it was the Super Bowl, I'd play tomorrow if need to, whatever it takes, because in fact, I'd like to do an extra hour today because we have so many things to talk about.
Speaker 3: Who would like to do four hours today?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we could?
Speaker 9: Are we allowed to?
Speaker 3: Seriously? We can just keep doing it.
Speaker 2: We just do it, whether we're on somebody's radio or on you know, peacock or it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: We just do it. Why don't we just do it and then we put it out there.
Speaker 10: Coming up today on overtime? Yeah, damn Patrick? Yeah, extra yeah, extra innings. Don't forget extra innings coming up after the show live on Twitter.
Speaker 3: So I'm the only one. Okay, Well, maybe I'll just do it.
Speaker 9: It could be shoulder programming as they call it.
Speaker 3: Okay, double okay, once again.
Speaker 2: I nearly died, okay, having shoulder surgery.
Speaker 3: But I'm here, Todd, you are.
Speaker 4: I've never doubted it. I really didn't. Half the audience on the poll did, but I was one that was like, you'll be here.
Speaker 3: You were making fun of me all Friday.
Speaker 4: I could make fun of you but that doesn't mean I didn't think you were going to be You.
Speaker 2: Were treating me the way Steeler fans were treating Russell Wilson last night.
Speaker 4: Very similar.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, boot treatment.
Speaker 2: Yeah you hated me laughing Steeler fans they don't boo normally. But you know that defense is not going to let you score more than fifteen points. And uh, I think if the formula is, hey, how about getting three touchdowns, You're probably gonna have a great chance to win a game with the Steelers, because that's what they did last night. Let me start with the reaction to that game, and here is Aaron Rodgers with the question and his answer, how do you get.
Speaker 11: Everybody to keep the belief? And it seems like a lot of the same mistakes.
Speaker 12: Stop listening to you, guys. Number one, number two gotta be accountable. You know. I gotta play better. That's the key. I gotta play better. We gotta find a way to run the ball better so we can action pass. You know, I thought did some nice things in the passing game. Obviously had a couple of really nice ones. Spread the ball around to Tag and Allen Mike had a nice conversion. But we got to run the ball better and I got to play better.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, did he say stop listening to the media play at the beginning of that, Marvin, Because I was like, Wow, I didn't think players listened to the media. Don't They always tell us that how do.
Speaker 11: You get everybody to keep the belief? And it seems like a lot of the same.
Speaker 12: Mistakes to stop listening to you guys.
Speaker 3: Really, really, that's your number one thing.
Speaker 2: You know why we're we're losing because you guys are saying mean things.
Speaker 3: You're not making good suggestions.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe maybe we should have stopped, like I don't know, a month ago, then the Chiefs or the Jets might be up there with the Chiefs in the ABC. But well, we'll take that under advisement and the things that we'll say, we'll try not to be.
Speaker 3: Too derogatory with the Jets.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Russell Wilson Junior the third and here is the question and his answer.
Speaker 13: Being booed, then justin Field's name being chanted, how do you stay steady handed to go?
Speaker 4: Then put up thirty seven points? How do you work through that?
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's a great question, and you know, I think you know, first of all, you know, I really believe in being neutral, you know, not being too high, not being too low. You know my old mental coach who passed away a couple year. So I say, you know, stay the.
Speaker 3: Course, okay, whatever it takes.
Speaker 2: Like if I'm a Steeler fan, whatever it takes, I'm not going to sit here and dissect it. And like you know, talking about a spiritual coach whatever, which I do think his passing did have a big impact on Russ. But Russ was biting his time, got healthy and he played well after the first quarter. He played really well. And you have that defense that's going to keep you in just about every game. And Mike Tomlin always has a five hundred record, better than five hundred record. Watch though a lot of the Chiefs and the forty nine ers. That was not a good game, not interesting. Well, it was interesting because it's a Super Bowl rematch and that was about defense. The Chiefs are a defense first team. Patrick Mahomes, I know people keep putting him up here for MVP. He hasn't played well at all. They're undefeated. They're undefeated because they have a great coaching staff, their defense is really good. And he'll always have a couple of plays that he'll make it. He's very, very economical in trying not to make those big plays anymore. Like he'll just take it if it's there, and if it's not, it's you know, he's not forcing anything. But he hasn't played well. He has more interceptions than he does touchdowns. Brock Purdy not good either. Now they got a lot of injuries there and uh, can you you know, Debo Brandon Ayuk might be out, may have torn his acl and you got the Christian McCaffery situation.
Speaker 3: Jennings.
Speaker 2: They brought in Ricky Pearsall who got shot a month ago. I mean, this is about your defense. Who had the better defense, and the better defense was Kansas City. Just not a pretty game at all. Brock Purdy getting passes knocked down at the line of scrimmage. It just didn't get any flow whatsoever. But you're watching that game, that's one of those games like appointment viewing, where you.
Speaker 3: Go, all right, I'm looking forward to this is not good at all.
Speaker 2: Mahomes is the first quarterback to start out six and oher while throwing more interceptions than touchdowns. Last time that happened was twenty fifteen. Peyton Manning and the Broncos, who ended up winning the Super Bowl that year. The day the day, best stat of the day's stat of the day here comes comes that what stat of the day?
Speaker 3: Gone?
Speaker 2: Are the days where you're throwing for fifty touchdowns? If you're Patrick Mahomes, he all you got to do is get to the postseason with him. Ben't matter the record, Just get to the postseason. And you know, I say that a lot about a lot of different quarterbacks or teams or coaches. I want to see what you do when you get to the postseason. Regular season, I don't care. As long as you get to the postseason. And we say this about the Cowboys every year. I don't care if you go thirteen and four, I don't care. All I care about is what you do opening playoff weekend, second round of the playoffs. That's what you want to see. Lamar Jackson, I don't care what he does during the regular season.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I am curious the offensive philosophy that you're going to have with Derrick Henry and Lamar Jackson that I'm interested in. But as far as your record, how many touchdowns or interceptions?
Speaker 3: Just get to the.
Speaker 2: Postseason and win with Mahomes, you never have to worry about that. There were so many seasons where I didn't know what Tom Brady did during the regular season. I mean I was loosely aware of it. All I knew is get to the postseason and he'll win a championship. You can do Michael Jordan if you want. I don't know what he averaged. I just got to the playoffs. He was going to win a championship. For the most part. There's certain players and I'm watching these games and Okay, that's that's nice performance, or that's good or like Jared Goff, he's been unbelievable in the regular season.
Speaker 3: Let me see what you do in the postseason.
Speaker 2: Now he's gotten to a super Bowl, so in fair fairness to him, we have seen him play really, really well. But there's certain quarterbacks, certain coaches. You just want to see when you're in the spotlight and it's the brightest what are you going to do?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: Poll question today?
Speaker 2: Seat And at least for the first hour of the program, we'll get phone calls coming up eight seven seven three DP show.
Speaker 11: They happy to give you our many options.
Speaker 10: Dan after the break, that's right, wow, yeah, but right out of the gate.
Speaker 3: Why do I have to wait that long?
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, you're going to have to find out in five minutes.
Speaker 3: Do you know that I had surgery on Friday?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 10: That's why we don't want to get you too excited all at once. You're recovering. Oh, I'm this is recovery. I'm hopped up on something. Yeah yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Although they did give me percose, set said not going to do that, so I have extra strength motron.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I think that's what they gave me, prescription motron, because I said, look, I can't be buzzed. I can't be like floating like I gotta be level headed or give the appearance that I'm level headed.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul.
Speaker 6: If there is a positive to a fall surgery, it's that you could spend every day watching sports and people really can't give you hard time to go somewhere, run errands, chip in and do things. You could just recline it for the entire month of October and you have built an excuse. I know it's painful, but it really helps with the TV watching.
Speaker 2: It was difficult because I had to yell upstairs for somebody to get me a beer.
Speaker 9: Oh in your voice.
Speaker 2: Because I was yeah, because I didn't want to go horse yelling upstairs.
Speaker 3: Can I get another? But that was really the only.
Speaker 6: You need some time, a dumbwaiter system, you know, like one of those things they bring things up.
Speaker 9: And down to that.
Speaker 2: Yes, sweet, that would be nice. My otter did go out and buy me a thirty pack of Miller Lite. Jeez, she said, I, Dad, I didn't want you carrying it, and uh, I said, well, that's one of the nicest things you've ever done for me.
Speaker 3: It's very sweet of her thought. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: Kind of like Todd and all the pictures and messages and like inspiration.
Speaker 3: You were doctor Phil like you were, you know. The last one was like, damn, you're getting deep here. I'm going to be there on Monday.
Speaker 5: Summer didn't make sense. You got the boots on a last I don't make you, no cowboy. I don't know you were supposed to do with that. I thought that might be helpful.
Speaker 2: No, but you know there were in so I feel like you're looking into a book that had inspiration books before, so I may have.
Speaker 4: Done that as well.
Speaker 10: The night is always darkest before the storm of the first lighting.
Speaker 4: His big fancy aquarium. Man got no fish there.
Speaker 2: But I'm glad to be here right because we're here to entertain a nation. Let's go, We're going to take a break and we're going to come up with a pole question. We're going to hear from you best in words to the weekend, as we always do.
Speaker 3: We're back after this on the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: I watched a lot of the Giants and the Eagles. I wanted to see what the reception was like for Saquon Barkley going back to New York, and I was surprised they booed him. Now, I get that you're in the same division and you're playing for Philadelphia. You hate Philadelphia. But I think Saquon Barkley did want to stay with the Giants. I think he said he wanted to be a Giant for life. The Giants chose this. Now, I get it. You don't want to spend that money on a running back. I understand that, So you gave Saquon Barkley the opportunity to go out and start dating somebody else, and he found that the Eagles were willing to spend that kind of money. He had a great game yesterday, and I guess now you move on. You've had that moment where you came back and you know the giant situation. You know, I said from the beginning, if you're going to franchise somebody, franchise Daniel Jones, because you need He needs Saquon Barkley more than Saquon Barkley needs him.
Speaker 3: But they doubled down. They gave Daniel Jones.
Speaker 2: Daniel Jones, I don't I think has thrown a touchdown pass at home since he signed that contract, hasn't thrown a touchdown pass.
Speaker 3: They doubled down, They kept.
Speaker 2: Him, gave him a long term contract, and then they let Saquon Barkley go. We've talked about clean victories. The Eagles needed a clean victory. Nobody's saying anything about it. We're not talking about Nick Sirianni engaging with fans, Jalen Hurts turnovers. It was a clean win and it was against a division rival, So that was a really good moment for Saquon Barkley and the Eagles. All right, Satan, what's the poll question for the first hour or at least the nominees.
Speaker 10: Well, you know what, we're feeling good today. You're free from surgery, You're back. Hopefully your shoulder is going to start feeling better.
Speaker 3: Okay, great day.
Speaker 2: I do have to get past this, Okay, this has bothered me. Not gonna lie. I heard from three of the four dan outs this weekend. One dan N I did not hear from.
Speaker 10: And you are just to be clear, you want to get past this or can we drag this out for the next three weeks.
Speaker 2: No, no, I want to get past it. I would like to know why I didn't hear from this dan Atte. I mean, obviously I could have died and then the show is over. But I'm here. I made it through surgery. Marvin did not reach out over the weekend.
Speaker 11: Dang Marv.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you were busy or is there another reason?
Speaker 8: As a matter of fact, I wasn't all that busy.
Speaker 3: Used to say, okay, all right.
Speaker 8: I want you to forgive me. You are the life change.
Speaker 2: Okay, But I don't know. I just thought everybody was. I mean, Todd kept reaching out. Seaton said, hey, got some music for you to listen to. He offered to help me get out, me to get out of my car. Today, Paulie was saying, hey, right before I went into surgery, Right before Paulie goes, hey, good luck man, it's.
Speaker 9: A schedule tweet. I had a post ready to go and I just sent it to you.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I didn't hear from you.
Speaker 8: Well if you sent the picture out, no news is good news is what I was taught.
Speaker 13: So you know what, and I'm glad you're doing what Maybe an emoji, maybe an emoji like you know, like a strong, like a bicep, like hey, be strong next time, hashtag strong, hashtag warrior.
Speaker 2: But h Todd, I could have done without a few of his text messages. But this, you know, the spirit overall spirit of cheer.
Speaker 3: Yep meant well, yeah, you did. You meant well. Usually it doesn't go well, but you meant well, yes, paul Post.
Speaker 6: Surgery, I didn't really send anything because I thought, let's get back to sports and you'd probably want to, like not hear much about the shoulder.
Speaker 9: I did make one joke about you.
Speaker 6: In your chair, but I figured, like, let's, uh, lets you relax yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to move past that, but I did need to bring that up.
Speaker 2: I know you've been kind of joking with me during commercial breaks, and you know.
Speaker 8: Like laughter is the best medicine.
Speaker 3: I haven't been laughing though.
Speaker 11: It's true you haven't been laughing.
Speaker 10: No, no, it's true, you haven't been Yeah, you've not been laughing.
Speaker 11: Actually I'm starting in the break.
Speaker 3: There's soup that was left over from Friday.
Speaker 2: I remember I couldn't have meet Friday, and then I said to Tyler, I want to have that, and then nobody helped me get the large pot of soup out of the refrigerator.
Speaker 6: We're trying to treat your people just like like they're normal people. You don't want special treatment.
Speaker 3: On old I want treatment. I want special treatment.
Speaker 2: I thought you want to be no no, God, no, no, no, like to have been carried in.
Speaker 11: See I went out there to give you special treatment. Hey man, you need a hand in it with anything doing whatever.
Speaker 10: Now does that absolve me for the rest of the day or did I keep no trying to allow room for other people you give in special treatment.
Speaker 2: That was a big surprise. That was a pleasant surprise. I'm out there is that.
Speaker 11: Fig of No, I'm a relatively nice person.
Speaker 3: That was a huge surprise. WHOA.
Speaker 2: I couldn't open the door, and seating did bang on the window and he said.
Speaker 3: Can I do you need any help? And I said, no, yes.
Speaker 4: I'm more of a you don't need any help?
Speaker 15: Right?
Speaker 4: You got this?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: Poll question for hour one is going to be what Seaton o' connor.
Speaker 11: Hey, why there's Marvin heat Ten.
Speaker 8: Mmm, wait, is this hurting my dinner of the year?
Speaker 3: No, No, because it's not. No, it's not.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want to drag this out. Remember I'm too late. Yeah, this just it happened.
Speaker 2: We move on. It's okay. And when he said, hey, do you need a hand, and then I saw the hand and I go, oh, that's that's you know, like a little kitten has paws, little paws. That's Marvin was reaching out to say, can I give you a hand?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Can you find one for me? No, Todd, sometimes I have to lash out.
Speaker 5: I don't know how that doesn't affect his MVD chances though, that's pretty significant thing.
Speaker 4: At three of the four dead, I said, I just want to check out you told me about him?
Speaker 3: Hey, he came back from having surgery.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 3: He was inadent, which is.
Speaker 10: A pretty selfish of him really to come back here, show up, not do anything, but just be like I made it.
Speaker 2: Back in the room wall. He couldn't even speak because his mouth was all numb. So he came back for a victory lab where he can't.
Speaker 5: And it does affect the rest of us as far as what we can and can't do going forward.
Speaker 4: If we need an hour or two off.
Speaker 2: Okay, got for bid, I've spent way too much time on this. We move on.
Speaker 8: We're gonna rally.
Speaker 3: Come on, I'm here, Marvin. Not all of us could clap, though, so let's I can't clap.
Speaker 4: Marvin was just clapping. You just can't hear.
Speaker 8: Damn.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, seton.
Speaker 11: You're gonna put up all that from him.
Speaker 3: You know, hour two is gonna be a whole lot nicer.
Speaker 2: It is not likely I needed to I needed to expunge this.
Speaker 11: Steve Young's a nice guy.
Speaker 7: He is.
Speaker 2: He is very nice guy. That's his shoulders, Steve. I wonder if he's had surgery on his passing shoulder, because you just did well your non passing shoulder. I head passing shoulder.
Speaker 3: That was a few years and.
Speaker 5: Steve wouldn't be complaining about anywhere near as much as you have over the last HAFM.
Speaker 4: Well, I had four shoulders sargers. Anyway, how about those niners?
Speaker 2: Once again, everybody's laughing but me all right? Seton poll question today, he's going.
Speaker 3: To be one?
Speaker 11: How far ahead of Paul and I for MVD?
Speaker 2: Not as far as you think. I'm just saying, not as far as you think.
Speaker 3: Fair? Okay, fair?
Speaker 10: How about this best of the NFL weekend. Let's start out positive, Let's change the vibe a little bit. Best of the NFL weekend. How about Jordan Love He had a great weekend, had big eight yard eight play, forty something yard drive, set up the game winning field goal, a solid two hundred and twenty yards, three touchdowns.
Speaker 11: That's good against the Texans and CJ's drought.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 11: How about Amari Cooper.
Speaker 10: Amari Cooper had a great weekend, not necessarily stat wise, however, he's clearly the best wide receiver on a contending team.
Speaker 11: Now that is as dramatic a life shift as you.
Speaker 2: Could possibly But the big winner is Russell Wilson Junior, the third.
Speaker 10: Okay, well, we were trying to get through the but I don't need the options. Okay, well I disagree. How about Steve Spagnolo, He always has a great weekend.
Speaker 11: The Kansas City Chiefs are a defensive team now. They Watrick Mahomes and Andy Reid.
Speaker 3: They won the Super Bowl last year because of their defense.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, and he's finally maybe getting a little bit of credit for like, you know what, it's not just Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 11: My guys are actually killing it too.
Speaker 2: I think I've never seen a defensive coordinator get as much TV time as Steve Spagnolo. I haven't, not recently. It's like out the area like Buddy Ryan used.
Speaker 3: To get this with the Bears.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Steve Spagnolo gets a ton of air time. Any other yes, Paul.
Speaker 11: I'd like to go after the Bills.
Speaker 6: The Bills Kean Coleman, the rookie had a really nice game, Amari Cooper, Dalton Kincaid. Remember they got him last year. Their receiving situation is drastically better than it was last They're good and that was a big question mark.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, nice little upgrade to get Amari Cooper. I loved it. Yeah, yeah, anything else?
Speaker 11: Yeah, how about the Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you guys have been down on the Seahawks, and I've been up on the Seahawks, and then they go cross country and beat Kirkty Cousins.
Speaker 10: Well, I think we were up on the Seahawks because they won three in a row, and then we're down on the Seahawks because they lost.
Speaker 11: Three in a row. And now they've got gone cross country and beat a I think they're struggling.
Speaker 10: They're not struggling a possibly overrated Falcons.
Speaker 11: There's still a good win to get on the road.
Speaker 3: Though, Damn, I shouldn't have commended today.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So how about the Cincinnati Bengals offense?
Speaker 3: No, No, that's not a great way.
Speaker 10: They didn't have a great first half, but they got they got going.
Speaker 3: It's not a great one.
Speaker 11: Got Jamar involved, got to Higgins involved, I know.
Speaker 2: But you beat the Browns, although I will say Deshaun Watson was playing really well and then the non contact injury, you know, probably the achilles.
Speaker 9: He was fifteen of seventeen one eight when he got injured.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, how about Russell Wilson junior, the third Yes, there's your winner.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, he played well. Now he got helped out, but he played well. At the end of the day, there was some some flashing memories of Russell Wilson.
Speaker 10: It's not often you get booed by the entire stadium and play well.
Speaker 2: Yes, first, but first half of the first quarter was kind of rough. And then after that he got cooking and then maybe the Steelers found their cornerback.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul I would throw Jared goff On.
Speaker 6: There's these games where he what was he twenty two of twenty five for two touchdowns. They're becoming normal for him to throw over eighty percent in the game. He's got a real opportunity to steal the MVP if you look at other.
Speaker 9: Out not that much. I'm overacting.
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't.
Speaker 2: I just don't think he's going to get the credit, right, Yeah, I mean, Jamiir Gibbs is awesome, Amon Ross Saint Brown is awesome. Dan Campbell gets a lot of credit. Here's here's here's his stat for you. Over the last four games, the Lions have eighteen offensive touchdowns. They have a total of sixteen in completions. They have more touchdowns than Jared goff In completions.
Speaker 3: The last time you had.
Speaker 2: A stretch like this, you have to go back to nineteen fifty nine.
Speaker 3: Fifty nine.
Speaker 11: Whoo Dowels, Stall of a day, stall of a day, stat of a day.
Speaker 4: Start outa day.
Speaker 3: This is the Stele of the Day.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by that Chiefs fan Melissa Ethridge. Daniel Jones last touchdown pass at home came in January of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is so bad.
Speaker 2: That was January first, so it wasn't even a playoff game. Since then, he's thrown two hundred and six passes, had eight interceptions. They're zero to six. His passer rating is sixty. Dang as not good. You might say that's worse than that good. That's terrible, terrible, But they'll have a new quarterback next year.
Speaker 3: But watching that, I mean, there in that at that place.
Speaker 2: Now, obviously I was there during the Super Bowl year when it was rocking. I mean, that place can really be an unbelievable home home field advantage. That place was dead yesterday, just nothing. You know, if it was an EKG, you'd be flatlining there. But not gonna get any better anytime soon, you know. I think the most noise they made was bullying Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, PAULI aren't you isn't okay to boo Saquon because he's with Philly. Specifically, if he was Saquon Barkley went to the Seahawks and came back to town, he'd probably get the video tribute and maybe the walk in ovation because they're not bothered by the Seahawks Giants fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I can't blame.
Speaker 2: It's like when you say, hey, you know, I think we need to see other people, okay, and then you see who you know they're dating after that, and you're like, wait a minute, I didn't know you were going to be dating somebody good looking.
Speaker 9: What if I said you could date anybody with Steve and you date Steve?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Quarterback?
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean he could have gone to the Cowboys.
Speaker 9: That'd have been bad too.
Speaker 3: That would have been bad too.
Speaker 2: I was watching The Commanders because I you know, I wanted to watch Jayden Daniels. Then he gets injured on a weird play and Marcus Mariota came in. I thought he looked pretty good aside from the mustache.
Speaker 3: I thought he looked pretty good. And that offense. It was fun.
Speaker 2: It was one of those all Marcus Mariota is still in the league. I have my autograph Marcus Mariota, Oregon Duck Jersey over here. But I thought he played pretty well. And then I hope Jayde and Daniels is going to be able to play next week because you got Caleb Williams versus Jayden Daniels.
Speaker 3: That'd be number one versus number two. Gus in la gous Best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 7: Good morning, mister Patrick. Good to see you on the men. I hope you boys had a great weekend. Oh worst of the weekend. Look, let's just get into it. The USC football program, it's a dumpster fire. Come one, Come on, let's watch the destruction of once great program of mind. So let's get into the best of the weekend. Got two bets for you, mister Patrick. My first, my Steelers. Wow, what a tale of two games and one. When Russell started, it was like first quarter. I was like, Wow, Fritzy, let's ride, yay, this is what you experienced in two years. And then all of a sudden, I'm like, what in the blue hell is going on? Who is this guy out there? But I'm a little skeptic. He beat a bad football team. Okay, he beat a bad football team. I'm kind of like, look, let's see what Russell does with an actual competition, good football team, and then we'll make a decision on who's the best quarterback out there and then the other one. Boys, I'm finally able in my lifetime to see my Dodgers take on the New York Yankees in a World Series. You were right, mister Patrick. The Dodgers didn't close it out on Friday. I was hoping they would, but they didn't. They had to come back home close it out in front of our hometown fans last night. To be able to do what my Dodgers have done thus far with a limited pitching staff and pretty much the entire bullpen, to me, has been the most amazing thing of this like, other than the iconic offensive push that they've been doing. I'm so damn excited for Friday. You boys have an incredible week. I'll speak to you boys too.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you. Gus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the USC situation once again, you get the team going cross country. The numbers aren't good in the Big ten, but that's going to be the way of life back and forth. You know, you spend the weekend in Maryland, and Maryland came up with some big plays, the big hit at the very end, knocking the ball loose. But you're up a couple of touchdowns. Come on, you're up a couple of touchdowns on Penn State at home. Got to win those games. By the way, in case you haven't noticed, Clemson has rebounded, quietly rebounded. It's one of those where you're not thinking about Clemson because they're not going to be competing for national championship. I think they're tenth in the country right now, and uh so I want to give credit to them. They were down, they're not out. Their tenth in the country. All right, Well, take a break here, we'll get to more phone calls coming up. Our play of the day is up next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio. Wapp Oh my God, the play of the day. This is the play of the day.
Speaker 4: Check this out. Nico back to throw on this drive.
Speaker 15: Fighter for the ends of the pass, gonna be a diving catch.
Speaker 3: Did he touch the day ensa.
Speaker 15: Chris Prazzle stretches full out on the back right corner of the end zone, caught him on his fingertips a touchdown of sixteen yards. Want to throw it by Nico and what a catch by Chris Krasel caught him in the back right corner of the end zone and Tennessee is back in front.
Speaker 3: That's courtesy lear Fields Sports.
Speaker 2: Alabama hasn't lost two games before the end of October since two thousand and seven. That was Nick Saban's first year at Your Play of the Day, brought to you by Rapid Radios Instant Push to talkuwalkie talkies offering national LTE coverage, new subscriptions or monthly fees. A great alternative to a mobile phone for your kids. We use them on the show all the time. Go to Rapid Radios dot com and get sixty percent off and free shipping the difference. Though last time Alabama lost two games prior to the end of October Saban's first year, Saban was coming in not to a good situation.
Speaker 3: Kaitlin de Bor is coming into a.
Speaker 2: Really good situation because you have a Heisman Trophy candidate at quarterback. You have one of the top receivers in the country, and you've got a couple of younger players on defense who were going to be impactful for years to come. You have had, at worst, I think, the second best recruiting class in the country the last few years.
Speaker 3: Different.
Speaker 2: This is different because you could have lost to South Carolina, you lost to Vandy, you lose to Tennessee. What else do they have, Paulie.
Speaker 9: They've got Missouri, They've got Auburn, They've got Mercer.
Speaker 3: Don't sleep. That must be Mercer before they play a big game.
Speaker 6: Right, and I think it's after the recovery game after LSU. Oh okay, well you know, I'll tell you though, if you compare to Oklahoma Sooners year man, the Sooners got whipped up on by South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Well, now you know, when they start calculating the buyout for a coach, that's when you know the clock is ticking. When you when you turn the hour glass upside down and you start to see the sands go through the hands of time.
Speaker 3: But yeah, interesting football though.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend and you know, you now have a situation, and we talked about this. There are a lot of people who were critical of me, saying twelve team playoff makes the regular season more important because you can play good opponents, you can play a tougher schedule, you can have two losses and make the postseason. More teams Army, Navy BYU Iowa State, we wouldn't be talking about them previous years. Now you have twelve teams, so that means, let's double that twenty four teams are probably at least holding out hope in the mix that they might make the playoffs. That makes it better for college football. I was watching, I watched a lot of Georgia and Texas. You know, Georgia is not an underdog. We just kind of forgot about them because we're looking for something new, all Texas something new. Well, Georgia is still, you know, one of the top two to three teams in the country.
Speaker 3: They just armed.
Speaker 2: Now they don't have skill position players like they have before. They're wide receivers. That quarterback has hit or miss in my opinion. But Tennessee beating Alabama was fun. Oregon rolls along, he survives. You got Notre Dame and Navy coming up this weekend on a neutral field, so there's some interesting matchups. Indiana scoring a lot of points you know, maybe they knock on somebody, but you know, got a lot of teams still in the mix. I think that's great, great for college football. Buddha in San Francisco, Hi, Buddha, what's on your mind?
Speaker 16: What a VP hashtag warrior athlete?
Speaker 15: Dan?
Speaker 16: I believe you showing up this morning in a sling is rivaling Bob Costas and Stinki Olympics. A parents, Dan, you proved you proved all the doubters wrong this morning.
Speaker 7: And and Dan real quick.
Speaker 16: NBA Tuesday, NBA two at TNT Tuesdays is back tomorrow. The Boys reunite for the possibly their last dance. Definitely gonna enjoy this season. But Best and Worst of the Weekend DP is kind of crazy. Obviously the best rob Manfred getting his prayers answered, getting really what America wanted, and having the two story franchises in the World Series. My God, the Yankees and my Dodgers are set to entertain a nation mob is rejoicing, Let's go Fritzy, and worst DP even worse than my Niners looking lost and incomplete at home yesterday. I mean, we've all been harping on this all year. The whole is Shaun watson saga. It's sad. I mean, it's polarizing, and I like I thought, I actually felt for the fan base all year. But to see the fans boo Deshaun Watson while suffering an injury like that yesterday, it was just perplexing.
Speaker 3: And just not good. Thank you Buddha. Well, he shouldn't have been booed. Okay, he's your quarterback.
Speaker 2: If he was playing well and he went down with an injury, you wouldn't have boot So you signed up for it all in. That's your team, that's your quarterback. And you know now you look and sound hypocritical. If you really want to take his stand and you didn't want him, then don't go to the games. But he was your quarterback, your owner stupidly spent all that money and all those draft picks as well, and he gets hurt, non contact injury, and then people were booing. Miles Garrett has to understand, though, Deshaun Watson's not getting sympathy from anybody, just not. Now, did that mean he needed to be booed in that situation from the home fans, Probably not, because you already signed up for him, and if he was playing well, you'd be heartbroken.
Speaker 3: You'd be like, oh my god, there goes our chances.
Speaker 2: Now you're like, yeah, now we can get out from underneath this contract here.
Speaker 3: But you know this faux outrage that you have save it.
Speaker 2: Nobody's buying it. But Deshaun Watson. That might be the last time we see him on a foot. It might be the last time we see him, certainly with the Cleveland Browns. If they can get out from underneath, maybe there's insurance that can be paid for an injury like that. This is third time he's had a season ending injury. Stat of the Day has always brought you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Hall of Famer. Steve Young said to join us. Coming up more of your phone calls as well Best and Worst of the weekend Hour two after this