Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Like we always say, an honor, a privilege to fill in for a guy we grew up watching and listening to the great Dan Patrick and the Dan Nets.
Speaker 3: You got Kevine on Wretch. We always say that Fox Sports Radio. And maybe one day we'll fill in a fill in for him in a Sandler movie or something.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, uh, but think about it, right, how many times are you sitting in your bedroom as a kid watching Sports Center. It's like dance Dan Patrick, We fill in for this guy. So don't think we take it for granted. At Covine on Rich doing it live from the Fox Sports Radio studio, and we welcome you and bring some of the biggest guests to Fox Sports Radio. And right now, how about one of the most influential figures in hip hop history, a rock and roll Hall of Fame, an actor, a filmmaker, entrepreneur, and now the guy behind the Big Three which is getting ready to crown a new champion.
Speaker 3: Always great to have him on the show. What's up? What's What's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Great to see you. Thanks for your time, man, We appreciate it.
Speaker 4: They made a T shirt out of it.
Speaker 2: Oh, can I tell you something I wasn't Ice? Yeah, clear the air, Rich listen, You'll you'll never remember this because you do a million things. But can you know what I've worked together over the year is at Fox Sports Radio now ESPN, serious extent back in the day, and these.
Speaker 3: Guys bust my chops.
Speaker 2: Because one of my biggest flubs ever had to be over a decade ago, easily.
Speaker 3: I accidentally called you Ice.
Speaker 2: Tea yeah, and I remember you looked me in the eyes and you said, do you know who the f you're talking to? And I was like, oh, well, I'm going to back them up and say, absolutely knew who we were talking to.
Speaker 3: But man, we never let him live that down. And I don't know if I want to forgive him or not. That's up to you. Do you forgive me before we start this?
Speaker 4: No, I don't forget you for that. But you're not a bad guy, you know what I mean. Uh, it happens. Uh you know my homies, Ice, that's that's that's big bro, You know what I mean, that's the og. So you know it happens. You know You're not the first one though, but you know, you gotta know it's apart, man, Come on.
Speaker 2: But when someone saw the shirt they sent it to me, is uh ice cubes in an ice tea?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I had to wear this, hey ice cube when you see stuff like me.
Speaker 4: A few times, so that that's funny that they actually made a T shirt out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you see that, do you wonder where's your money at? Like you're not getting paid? Like what's your mindset?
Speaker 3: Or do you just are you flattered when you see stuff like that.
Speaker 4: I used to think about like, damn, you know, I'm missing out on some some cash. But then I realized, you know, they wouldn't make stuff like that if if it wasn't cool, you know what I'm saying. So you know, obviously it's cool and and that's good enough for me that you're wearing a shirt with my face on it and it's cool and it's funny and ice tease my man, Like I said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, we're here with a legend ice cube and I see a lot of cool stuff behind you in your office there. Earlier today, we're talking about how Columbia House officially shut down. We're talking about back in the day, buying cassettes and CDs and all that stuff. What is your physical what's your physical music collection? Like, do you still have records, cassettes, CDs? Do you still have all those physical you know music?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have, man, cassette players, DA players remember that, of course, of course, you know. And man, we still got a VHS around here because a lot of my history is on these things Super eights, things that we recorded a lot of history on, and so I want to have stuff to play it on, you know what I'm saying. So people, you know, my wife, kids, like, when are we getting rid of this? I'm like, never, we never get this because might not ever find one again. So a lot of records around here, you know, I got a lot of I got forty years of stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We thought our CD Cluestion and our DVD Cluestion that was our bragging, right, Like you got actual bragging, right, So you got your actual hits behind you that we were buying. Yeah, yeah, we were proud to display your CDs. I'm surprised ice Cube is not shocked that Columbia House was still in business. Were you one of those guys buying albums for a penny and not paying Columbia House like did you use Columbia House back in the day.
Speaker 4: Nah, you know, it was a it's a trip because you know, we would go buy our records.
Speaker 2: We was.
Speaker 4: We was also part of record pools, so they would send us a bunch of free records. We would have so many records, you know, some we didn't even want, so definitely didn't go to publishing clearing house. But you know, fun fact Priority Records who signed n W. A. E Ze myself before before they signed us, they used to do this group called the California Raisins and they they went into all these compilations, so that was their their game. They was like k Cow or somebody. They bunch of compilations and uh and then they signed us and uh, you know it was it was. We was definitely different than the California Raisins.
Speaker 2: No, god, I would I would say that's in the movie. Yeah, straight out of Compton. So ice Cube is here on the coveno Ur Show. And speaking of you know, your CD collection and your DVD collection, you know, we would obviously display our scarfaces and boys in the hoods and everything like that. Which one would you be proud of and bust out from back in the day. What was What was the one you put out there to display as far as your movies.
Speaker 4: Oh, Man, Friday, Uh, definitely Boys in the Hood. It's the first one Friday because it's the one that I produced and wrote and put together, you know, So it was kind of my first shot at, you know, trying to get behind the scenes and not just be an actor. So extremely proud of that, you know, and especially over the years how big it's become, you know, kind of you know, they still they still quoting the lines from Friday, so that's cool.
Speaker 2: And you had to do all that prior to chat GPT, right, So you had no help. Man, who had you back in the day doing that stuff?
Speaker 4: John Singleton? You know John Singleton who directed Boys in the Hood. He discovered me straight up. You know, he was like, Yo, I want you in my movie. I'm not an actor. I'm like, dude, you know what are you talking about? You know, I'm trying to be the best rapper in the world. And and then he just was like, yo, man, I need you. And then he asked me to write. He said, when are you going to write a movie? And Uh, once again, I'm like, yo, whoa, whoa, whoa buddy, you know, not just start acting. And so he mentored me and helped me write and uh Friday was one of those that he you know, was really helping me on to get it all the way on.
Speaker 3: Point Friday and absolute classic Boys in the Hood. Rest in peace, John Singleton and again ice Cube is here on the Cavino and Rich Show, Music, movies, sports. That's what makes you unique, man, You've you've done it all. Who's the coolest to work with in your career? The musicians, the actors, the athletes, What's what's been your experience with all that?
Speaker 4: I mean, I love working with Mike Epps. You know, he wanted the actors that we just have fun. You know, we're friends. So it's like, you know, going going to work with your homeboy. That's crazy. You know, it's like I'm in a Friday movie just being with him. And so, you know, he's great to work with. It's been great to work with Clyde Drexler on the Big Three, just you know, just seeing him all the way from his Houston days, the Five Slam of jama days, seeing him, you know, give fits to the Lakers when he was at Portland and then Houston, winning a champion and then working with him. You know, I've been working with him now for ten years on Big Three, and he got to be the happiest dude on Earth.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You know, He's always laughing, always smiling and always, you know, just a great person to be to be with and to work with.
Speaker 3: And they get to work with you, which is an honor. So I'm wondering, you know, when you got your foot in all these different circles, ice Cube, You ever see there late at night and just bug out how crazy your life is with all the people you know and all the things you've done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do, to be honest, you know, I feel you know, blessed is an overused word, you know, double blessed, triple bless whatever you want to put it. I've been able to be in the right places at the right time, doing the right thing that people like. And and you know, so I don't take it for granted. I do smell the roses. I do, you know, reflect, and I'm always looking forward to the next episode.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: Hey, ice Cube, you talk about being at the right place at the right time. What a moment when you were representing the Dodgers in the World Series against his against Covinos Yankees, and uh, I dude, I was there, I don't And that was a.
Speaker 3: Moment that really everyone. The whole sentiment was like, Yo, l A just beat New York.
Speaker 2: I knew it was over. I knew it was over when that happened. And the craziest part is there's a bobblehead. I don't know if everyone knows, there's a bobblehead of you in the Lowrider. And it's like you can find it online. It's it's expensive as hell trying to find one of those.
Speaker 3: Now do you have what?
Speaker 1: You have?
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 3: He has in his office?
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, I got one right here. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love that, man, I love that. It means a lot to you. Oh yeah, and to be a part of that. How cool is that we got two male one to us?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so just the first one, you know, when I dropped the mic, you know what I'm saying. So that's sweet.
Speaker 2: But I love that those moments mean so much to you, a guy that's done so much.
Speaker 3: Do you ever get any nerves in those moments?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I'm a Dodger stadium, it's a world series, like I'm presenting, Like do you still ever get nerves or no.
Speaker 4: Not nerves. You know, it's you worry about things not going right, like, uh, you know, you're in the stadium, so it's an echo, Yeah, ear piece in your ear of the real track, and you're staying You're trying to stay with the ear piece. Now that ear piece go out, that music going out, you're gonna sound crazy in there. You're not gonna be on beat. You're gonna be off. So you just you just worry, Okay. I hope, I hope they got that ship together. Excuse they got that together. And and you know if they don't, I gotta be ready, you know. And being a MC from back in the day, you know the systems we used to have to wrap on. I'm pretty prepared for, you know, a whack system. So I just, you know, I kind of have to like get ready. So that's the things you worry about. But you know, I know my songs. I know, you know how I'm gonna do it. You know, I know the lyrics. I'm a flip, you know. That's what I was really worried about. Am I gonna am I gonna piss the Yankees off and turn them up because I'm flipping these lyrics on them.
Speaker 2: Look, man, I'm wearing my Yalkee jersey and I'm rocking out to you and I felt defeated.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm like, this is It's done.
Speaker 2: Like you couldn't hate that moment, no matter if you were the biggest Yankees fan or not.
Speaker 3: Again, we're here with ice Cube. It's so cool to have you here. The Big Three Championship this Saturday. We're gonna talk about that. But you know, are you to consider yourself more of a music or a sports guy? Because I don't know. Growing coming up in this industry, they always made a sort of choose who we were, and so they're synonymous to that. How do you feel about that? We feel like they go so handed hand man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love them both. You know, it's like peanut butter and jelly. You know, you gotta like to me, sports without music is just a game.
Speaker 3: It's like hand with no burger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so go together. You know, it's Friday, and so you know, I've always loved loved them both the same, you know, you know, but of course I get different things out of it. But you know, I love to see, you know, somebody play the drums just as much as I love to see a dunk contest.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, talent talent, You just like talent exactly. Speaking of sports man, how many kids in the nineties were rocking Raiders starters, jackets just because of you and your style and everything else. I'm one of those idiots, you know, growing up New Jersey wearing the Raiders colors. What are your thoughts on Fernando Mendoza.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, great. You know, he looked great in his first preseason game. Poise, quick with the ball, quick decisions. But I still think he should I still think Kirk Cousins should start. You know, why when you gotta when you gotta vet like Kirk, you got a new new regime coming in, Like, why start everything like that? You know, I think, let let the kid get comfortable, let the kid get anxious, you know what I'm saying, ready to go chopping at the bit and and and and look, you know, I think that's the way to do it. I'm not the coaching staff. I'm just the president of the raided nation, you know what I mean? A just write most of the time, a lot of power.
Speaker 3: Though I'm wondering, do you shoot cousins, a little text or a little DM then saying, Yo, go get them. Kirk, do you do you reach out to these dudes, because that means why not? I mean that would mean so much coming from you.
Speaker 4: I would imagine, you know, I wouldn't want them reaching out to me on on uh on things I need to do. You know, they they got enough people in their ear, in their face. Who know, really what's going on. I'm not in one meeting, you know what I'm saying, So I don't. I don't mess with athletes during the season about gangs or how they play, or what they should do or none of that. After the season, I might talk a lot of madness, and you know, I'll say anything after the season, but during the season they don't need to hear from me.
Speaker 3: Ice Cube is here on the Cavino and Rich Show in for Dan Patrick Fox Sports Radio this Saturday, the Big Three Championship, Dallas Power Boston ball Hogs. Tell us about this man and dude, this is what the tenth season now, So you gotta be yeah, how crazy is that?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Tell us about it?
Speaker 4: It's amazing You not just want to be a part of sports. I just want to bring more cool sports to you know, basketball fans. You know, after the finals, I used to get a hangover and I'd be like, damn, man, one need more. I need more. And so I felt like there's millions of people out there just like me, and and why not professionalize something that's part of basketball anyway? Three on three has always been this step cousin and five and five, and uh, we want to give it some shine, polish it up, put some real pros out there that can play this game. And it's its own sport, you know, like you got boxing, you got UFC, you got uh, you know, rugby, you got football, cricket and baseball, you got five on five, and you got three on three. You know, so guys have their own skill set. You know. Just because you were good at five on five, that don't mean you're gonna be great in the Big Three.
Speaker 2: Are other guys that you think of that you're like, oh, I know they would be good at three on three, like your ultimate Big Three players that you like, I guarantee if they played their game would translate big time to three on three.
Speaker 4: Of course. Yeah, you know, I'm looking at you know, a person like Westbrook. You know, I know you just stepped away. But his game would translate, you know, d Rose game would translate. You know a few people. You know, if you could pass, dribbles, shoot, and defend at a high level, you'll be alright in the Big Three. But if you're weak at any of those, you're gonna have trouble. And we got our best teams going at it this week on Saturday.
Speaker 3: And you're your twenty twenty six Big Three MVP. Pargo is playing too for the Boston team. So yeah, I got some big names there. Yup, Greg Monroe, Dallas Power, Beasley's on that team. So yeah, dude, it's cool seeing the sport grow. And I'm wondering, you know, obviously you got some big names involved. Now what about these social media guys that go viral. Do you keep your eye on like those MK type of dudes that are doing all these crazy viral videos when it comes to his one on one game and things like that, or do you always just have your eye on the former pros?
Speaker 4: No? No, you know, we're we're open to players who can play at this level. So it's twenty twoing up. You know, we don't want we don't want to get youngster's too young playing because it's a real you know, it's a man game. It's called the three, not the little three. So twenty two one up. We've had some guys, you know, Drew League MVPs like Frank Nitty come in. We've had you know, guys who are you know, viral sensations like Nasir Corps one on one guys who you know made de Mark in the one on one game. I think he's like thirty six and oh, you know, one on one against some of some of some big names or a pretty good name. So and he can play our game. That's the key. Can you play Big three basketball at a high level? And if you can, we want you. But if you can't, we don't.
Speaker 3: Hey, speaking of basketball too again, Big Three Championship this Saturday. Magic Johnson recently said that people shouldn't foo Lebron James in his return. I want to know your thoughts on that as an LA guy. Should he get bood coming back or do you give him the respect? Like if you were there, how do you handle that?
Speaker 4: You give him his respect walking through the door. There's no reason boring in the layuplind but you know, once the ball comes in and he hits his first three on you.
Speaker 5: I agree, yes, bat of competition.
Speaker 2: And then when he retires and he officially retires and then he comes back. Yeah, you give him his pomps right now, he's competing against you. I'm with you on that. Now we're gonna go to our producer, Danny G. He's he's a big, big fan. He's got a music question for you, Danny G. What's up man?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, congrats on the success of the Big Three, because remember when you first came out with it, the naysayers, this ain't gonna last.
Speaker 4: How you like cute? Now? Really quick?
Speaker 6: I want to ask you because as a youngster, I was programming fifty thousand watt KCQ in the late nineties, back when West Side Connection came together. So I got to see you guys at the House of Blues in La just tear it up. It was a crazy time for West Coast hip hop. So, looking back almost thirty years later, what stands out to you about that time?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, of course, with the West Side Connection, what was great. You know, we we had just had a ride in La. There was a gang truce in ninety two, where you know, Bloods and Crypts decided to not fight and do those things. So putting together the West Side Connection, you know, we had you know, one guy mac ten he was from a Blood neighborhood, and then we had f C from a Crypt neighborhood, which we grew up in the same neighborhood. So it was cool to be able to show the unity and music. But at the same time, there was an East Coast West coast beef going on, so it kind of got a you know, it really didn't blossom like he wanted to because of the friction that was going on in hip hop anyway. So that's what I really really remember about the time, is you know, trying to bring the red and the blue together through through the success of the West Side Connection.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, it's crazy to hear those stories because I also think of ice Cube now as you know, lovable dad and you are, and I got to ask you about your son's career too. You know, we have kids and we take so much joy and their accomplishments. You've done so much. I'm wondering how you feel about your son's accomplishments.
Speaker 4: Oh, man, I love it. You know, he's having a ball, which is the most important thing. He's having fun with the industry. He's a second generation Hollywood. He's been he's been around movie sets before he knew who he was. So it's great to see him live out his dreams, you know, doing Godzilla movies and Star Wars movies and all this stuff that he grew up on. I remember buying him all kind of Godzilla toys. And now he's in the movie with with the Monster.
Speaker 5: You know, that's so cool. You gotta bug out on that too.
Speaker 2: You're sitting there watching your son with Godzilla.
Speaker 5: That's wild, man.
Speaker 4: It's wild, and it's fun. And as long as he's having fun with it, and long as he keep the industry in perspective. You know, it's a job, it's not an adventure, and have fun with it, dude.
Speaker 2: Ice Cube a pleasure. Thanks for your time, man, Big Three this weekend, and thanks for sort of forgiving me for accidentally calling you to you back in the day.
Speaker 3: I feel so much better now.
Speaker 2: Ice Cube A true pleasure, A legend, Hall of famer music, sports, It does everything, got all.
Speaker 3: I'm very pump for the Big Three this weekend. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Hey, you're welcome. To come in to the studio next time. I hope to see you again.
Speaker 3: Continued success, caub all right, take it easy out.
Speaker 2: Thank you, mann ice Cube on the Cavino and Rich Show again the big three this weekend, the Dallas Power and Bustin Ballhawks two pm Eastern Standard Time.
Speaker 3: Check that out and enjoy.
Speaker 2: All right, we got more Covine on Rich and for the great Dan Patrick next right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 7: This is Rob Parker, and I'm here with an important public service announcement. Whatever you do, do not listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco show. Fox Sports Radio asked me to do a promo, but I'm here to do a no mo, as in, don't listen.
Speaker 5: To this show.
Speaker 2: No Mo.
Speaker 7: The host of two fools from Philly who have the dumbest takes ever and all of sports talk. And you know, if I'm saying that, they must really be bad. I have no idea why Fox Sports Radio picked this up, but.
Speaker 3: I know where to put it down in the trash can.
Speaker 7: So please don't listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco show.
Speaker 5: No Way, no How.
Speaker 3: I want to thank ice Cube again for stopping bye. That was awesome and thank you Danny G for making that in a hit Till Nate Dog Spit Nate Dog's the Man, ice Cube legend, Covino and rich In for Dan Patrick iOS Sam is here. Thank you guys for being here. The hottest Rookies, biggest superstars all time. Great's.
Speaker 2: The only place to collect the mall is Panini Trading Cards, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show for instant classics, autograph cards, memorability cards, rare inserts and more. Start or continue that collection now at Paniniamerica dot net.
Speaker 3: So yeah, if you missed any of our interviews, catch the podcast Frank Collendo yesterday, he knew it. Hall of Famer Drew Breesube. You just shouted out.
Speaker 2: The late great nathog Right, Danny j Y Yes, would you believe today is his birthday?
Speaker 3: Would have been his birthday?
Speaker 6: I know we missed so many radio hits over the years from you know, with every artist under the sun.
Speaker 2: Covino and I back in the day, we'd only say like, I don't think I don't think there's someone that made a song better when they were on it than nathog Like he was one of the like if he was on a random track, like did any like he just made a song that so so yeah, today would have been his birthday.
Speaker 3: Rest in peace. Rest in peace, and thanks again for rocking with us. Now, speaking of ice Q being here, we actually are gonna have Patrick Renna, the Great Hambino, I mean, who doesn't love the Sandlot and Danielle Fischel. We keep it official, like Danielle Fischele on Fox Sports Radio Tapanga. They're gonna be on our bonus podcast, over Promised, because we never have time on our show, Cavino and Rich five to seven on the East, Fox Sports Radio two to four in the West. Over Promised is available on our YouTube page where we're streaming like live right now at Coven on Rich FSR. But we're gonna play a little clip from that in a few minutes, uh and get into something interesting that Patrick Renna said. Do you think Topega was a lot of guys first crush? It's generationally it's a generational thing, right. It could have been a Lissa Milano could have been when Winnie Cooper could have been Kelly. But yeah, topanga for a certain generation. Absolutely. Yeah, So she'll be on our bonus pod tomorrow but you'll hear from her in a few minutes. But before we get to that, Rich, Yeah, we were talking about PCA before and what he needs to do to be MVP this year. He really needs to pull away from show.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's not impossile, got six got six weeks to really make a mark and again it but three home runs in the past two days, right, Danny g. It's so confusing because, like you said, when we when we do the Dan Patrick Show, which like we said before, a.
Speaker 3: Huge honor and messes up our schedule.
Speaker 2: So it's like like where you're usually up maybe watching highlights or up you know, scrolling late at night, you got get to sleep and then you wake up.
Speaker 3: He wait, was that yesterday? The day before?
Speaker 6: I was telling everybody yesterday that it was Wednesday, and people are looking at me crazy.
Speaker 3: It really does throw off our schedule in a good way because the day so like, we have so much day left after this, so there's a lot of day, but you're like you're tired, yeah. So then you take a nap and wake up and you forget when you saw what.
Speaker 6: Two days and one so his opening home run and walk off so his leadoff homer and walk off ago, that was Monday night. Last night he hits a home run, so he has three homers in the past two days.
Speaker 2: And then you keep seeing him being interview keep seeing the highlights of interviewed. Today is a day Wednesday, So you know, with PCA on the mind and he's tearing it up right now, dude's on fire. We post this question, who's as hot as PCA? Hot like Handsel great Zoo Lander reference, who's as hot as handsl right now?
Speaker 3: Who's so hot right now? Like PCA? And one guy comes to mind like it could be in the world of sports and entertainment doesn't matter, right like whatever they do right now is just slaying. I mean, and Tom Holland has to be on that.
Speaker 2: Lets say you can say the couple because Zendaya is in both those movies too, So between The Odyssey and Spider Man, is anyone hotter than Tom Holland end Zinday right now?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: So hot right, so hot right now? So we'll take your phone calls at eighty seven seven ninety nine on Fox. It's just our way of giving prompts because you know, it's their moment. You don't know if they if they know, but Tom Tom Holland has to know. P' is probably thinking, no, no, you ain't even seen the best of me yet. Tom Holland has to know.
Speaker 2: This is his moment, right like like essentially, who's the opposite of Edwin DZ right right by the way is on the il So you know, I wishing well, no one want to see a player get hurt, but maybe Danny for your Dodger's sake, you sort of got a.
Speaker 6: Hope that Let's talk about Tatis robbing you of a game, Yes, no, don't. Let's not talk about Tatis robbing the mets of a Grand Slam home run. Let's talk about Edwin ds No, but perhaps the the poor play and the you know, the blown saves were because he is not one hundred percent, because even though he left my match, he is a great player. Wishing him the best, but we're not telling about him, Tom Hollins. Is there is there a hot young woman perhaps or old woman.
Speaker 3: I don't know, however, your algorithm, Yeah, I mean, but you know, you know the Madison Beers, the Justin Herberts of the world that keep coming up in your algorithm, right, who are they? Just the two of them?
Speaker 2: I think just I think uh, Madison Beer and Justin Herbert are definitely I think they're going to get a lot of attention this year.
Speaker 3: I just think people are starting to recognize and realize, all right, here's what happens. Justin Herbert. Even on our show, we start criticizing him, like, yeah, we get it, you're in love, We're happy for you, but you got to know that people are gonna speculate on your fiance on the field, fix your hair. Why didn't people realize how hot she is?
Speaker 2: And then they're like, I believe my mind, you know what, you know, he's really gonna stop. And I think people have now recognized how hot she is and bam, I think your opinions change on that and you realize, man, she's pretty hot right now.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I was glad to see that.
Speaker 2: Drew Brees backed me up yesterday because my thought is when an NFL player, it's just bad optics.
Speaker 3: No one's saying like it's wrong.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, Drew Brees backed me up because my thought was, I rather my star quarterback, if I'm a Chargers fan, I rather my star quarterback be madly in love with his like hot fiance, then be a player that got rando girls in every city and he's distracted scrolling and swiping and dming like that, to.
Speaker 3: Me is a is a distraction.
Speaker 2: I think being in love and happy, I think that makes you more focused, Like, you know, he's got something to play for. So they're both very hot right now. And I think the Charge I guarantee this is the year Danny's gonna hate this being a Raiders fan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I hear this on the radio and TV every single off season.
Speaker 2: I know, but I think this year, I feel like Harball this last year. You see did you see Jim Harbaugh say that he thinks Justin Herbert's like the best quarterback like ever. That's not a misquote, Like he he's like I've ever seen someone with his skill set like Jim Harbaugh is so high on his quarterback. I would maybe so high, we don't know. I wouldn't be shocked if there's a lot of national attention on the Chargers, if they start out good and Herbert with Mike McDaniel as his offensive coordinator, they could really be a team that's sort of because the Chargers always sort of go under the radar because their fan base isn't that strong since they moved to La They're always like.
Speaker 3: It's been it's been getting stronger.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, Remember they were always like they were like almost almost they were the mister almost right, like they would make it.
Speaker 6: Oh, they always have been. They've been like the paper champion. On paper, they should win and they should go deep into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: You think of Philip Rivers in all those years where it was like they're so great, but they just they can't get over the hump and their fan base, like you said, it's not the fan base of like the Races are the chiefs.
Speaker 6: I think it's taken time for them to take over their home games and so far.
Speaker 2: I think there's a chance that that team, with the personalities of Harball, McDaniel together, Herbert, Madison, Beer being the you know tail, they may there's probably Travis and Taylor fatigue and we always look for you know, couple or something cancel, you know, So I think that's going to be a storyline I got one for you.
Speaker 3: Is there is there a drink that's so hot right now? Is there a food like? Is the crispy caramelized Brussels sprouts with the balsamic lace still like the hottest item? You know what I mean? Like, you know how every food has their runs? I think, yeah, I know. So is there something else that's so on? TikTok?
Speaker 6: There's these gummy worms that have a lot of fiber in them, so hot, right, and people have been taking them yeah help themselves.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So yeah, these like these ice cream filled cookie dough balls that all over TikTok from Trader Joe. So hot, right, Yeah, my wife eats like three bags at once.
Speaker 2: Did you see the new trends? My daughter's like, da, can we do it? Where you make watermelon ice cream? Have you seen this?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: You you sort of puls it, you know, you scoop some out of a watermelon, right, and you make like a little like a little pool.
Speaker 3: You freeze the watermelon.
Speaker 2: Then you pour some heavy cream and you mix it with a frozen watermelon, and everyone's it's a hot trend.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, it's a hot trend. So you know, you know, it becomes the IT drink, the IT entree that it like vegetable. I don't know, like sometimes things go in cycles like that. It's weird. You know, it's hot right now.
Speaker 2: You go to a restaurant, people are so sort of not done with drinking, but people don't drink as much as they used to.
Speaker 3: That you see in more mocktails. Yeah, and I can't imagine.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine going to a steak cast and by twenty dollars drink without alcohol.
Speaker 3: That would be Yeah. No, mocktails are so hot. You're right rich, you know. I hate to say this. We mentioned it before. Of course, the Tampa bay Rays are legit along with the Brewers, Like we got to recognize that Tampa Bay Ray's seventy five and fifty and the Yankees are five games back as we speak. But you know how Boston went on that hot streak. Yeah, forget about them, dude. The Blue Jays are so hot right now.
Speaker 2: They went from like are they going to be sellers at the trade deadline to turning it around completely where they're seven and three in their last ten.
Speaker 3: But they're playing hot. Alejandro Kirk is back. Dude, so hot right now, and that's what they were missing, that dude's leadership, that dude's bat. As a Yankees fan, hate watching that meatball. Hate watching that dude because he destroys them every time. That Fato Loco.
Speaker 2: Let it be known that they're hot as of right now in the al I'll wrap this up and we will hear from like I said Daniel Fisher and Patrick Reddan. Next, the Rangers are your third wildcard at sixty two and sixty four as of now. With team two games under five hundred would be the third wildcard, which means keep rolling down the standings. Teams like the Tigers that are sixty one and sixty five, Baltimore Orioles, and the Cleveland Guardians, they're all one game out of the wildcard and there are four games under five hundred, So anyone's in it. You're Blue Jays. They just said they're half a game. The wildcard fire at.
Speaker 3: The perfect time, and that's scary to say, and I hate it make the postseason. You never know what could hapen. One last observation, Look, young people set the trends right, and my daughters in high school and school already started here on the West coast.
Speaker 1: Lame.
Speaker 3: I will tell you this. It's so hot and you're gonna be like, oh yeah. When you see it and recognize it, you're gonna understand. Kids are rocking little kid backpacks now and they're called senior backpacks. So the seniors represent by wearing like little kid backpacks and you're gonna see it everywhere in the school year. So hot right now, Well.
Speaker 2: Listen, we got more Covene on Retch, wrapping up to Dan Patrick Patrick next on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: Oh I am hot today.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: All right, Welcome back to the Coveno and Rich Experience. By the way, the Jimmy Hendricks Experience, Bob Marley legend all CDs. I got for a penny rest in Peace.
Speaker 5: Columbia House.
Speaker 3: AH so worth it. I can't believe Columbia House was even around seventy one years. We talked about it first hour, We talked about it with ice Cube. If you missed anything, catch the show. Watch the show at Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube, streaming live again.
Speaker 2: It's been a fun week. Thank you for being here. Big project coming up. Chat GPT has a new agent for larger projects. Chat gpt work. Give it a goal and help turn scattered materials into finished work. Get started at chatgpt dot com by selecting work mode available on Plus and pro plans.
Speaker 3: Thank you, chet GPT.
Speaker 2: All right, now we're gonna give you this interview in its entirety on our bonus podcast over Promised. And this is a new show called Dugout Dad's Yeah, it's gonna be on YouTube and probably a provider be soon enough.
Speaker 3: Right, Well, this is the one I keep seeing. This is what Patrick Renna the Great hand Bino from Sandlot and he got all of his Sandlot friends on the show.
Speaker 2: And Danielle Fischel to Panga from boy Metro places his wife on the show. So we caught up with them. We talked about coaching kids and sports and the Sandlot and we reminisced a lot again that whole interview you'll be able to hear. But we discovered something when we talked to them.
Speaker 3: Well yeah again, So watch the show tomorrow is called over Promised, Episode one two on our YouTube page at Covino and Rich FSR Rich filled them in on Travis Kelsey and Taylor's new dog. Take a listen.
Speaker 2: Did you see Patrick that Travis and Taylor named their dog Wendy, And the rumor is that because he was a huge fan of Wendy Peppercorn from Saylot.
Speaker 4: I know they are that.
Speaker 8: I need to get on their podcast and talk to him. I think his brother is a big one too.
Speaker 4: Jason.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and uh, that's amazing that they named the was the dog a little together?
Speaker 1: A little dog?
Speaker 3: Apparently people like they we figured out the name.
Speaker 2: It's Wendy, and it's because Travis and his brother loved the Sandlot.
Speaker 8: Well, hopefully Taylor can too and she can tell her army to go watch dog got Dad's on the twenty six. I would love some TA followers dead, I mean whifties, so excuse me, swift there you go.
Speaker 2: Yes, it brings up the question awesome, normal lame? How do you feel about naming your pet after your favorite sports player, team, like any celebrity of sorts?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Like if you name your dog like Jeets, Yeah that's my dog Jeats. Well, dude, I got friends that they named their kids after those people, right, I mean my Buddy Barnando.
Speaker 3: His sends middle name is Jeter. Yeah, his son's middle name is that. It's a lot, right, So like, if you're gonna name your dog but the your favorite player, then.
Speaker 2: Again, my brother's name is Jim because my mom like Jim Plunkett.
Speaker 3: That's it. Well, isn't there a rumor that Jim Plunketts is real dad Jim?
Speaker 5: But I uh so, wait again?
Speaker 3: Hold on. Travis and Taylor named their dog Wendy after Wendy Peppercorn from the sandlot she was hot, not after the spicy chicken sandwich. That was what I thought.
Speaker 2: But I you know, I have five friends that have a dog named Wrigley, Big Cups fans, you know how many?
Speaker 3: How many people?
Speaker 5: You know it's school.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's appropriate because what I find weaker than that is when you give your dog, like like a real human name. I've never been a fan of that. I heard. It's like, you know, this is my dog Gregory.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's sweaked to me.
Speaker 3: It's kind of funny.
Speaker 2: I mean, my dog's name is THEO, so I can't complaint, but it sounds a little like it sounds playful, like his name is oh, that's fred my dog, my dog Doug exactly, and truthfully, I was going to take a similar route, and I clearly lost the battle.
Speaker 3: I'll explain. I got my dog, why didn't you adopt? Because I needed a hypoallergenic dog, That's why. And by the way, and many business yea, and if I could him, I would have, right. But I got my dog in Bakersfield, California, right, So when I went to pick him up, little Theo, I was like, Bakersfield, that's where the band Corn is from. I was like, let's name him field Y, after the bass player from Corn. And clearly I lost that battle because my girlfriend was like, no, let's name him THEO after nothing theo von Theo?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 2: Name him worhef the So yeah, but along those same lines, like someone on your favorite team, I was thinking someone from one of my favorite bands, and it sounded like a dog field Y.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's cool dog name? Why not? So yeah?
Speaker 2: I got people in LA probably have a dog or an animal named Mooki or Freddy. No.
Speaker 3: I had a bit bull.
Speaker 6: I named him Tretch naughty by nature.
Speaker 3: Ah yeah, see, so I kind of I like it. I think it's better than like a human name. I'm with you on that. Hey, it's been a pleasure.
Speaker 2: Thank you dan Patrick, thank you Danets, and uh we'll see you guys back on our regular time in the afternoon tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Until then, have a great Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Until next time, Ariba there you baby, see you.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys, get back
Speaker 4: Later, doc my flacious