Speaker 1: Stop ICE from arresting criminal aliens in New York City. This was in his acceptance speech for the Democrat nomination for mayor. Your response to zorhan.
Speaker 2: Manon good luck.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the forty seven Morning Update with Ben ferguson.
Speaker 4: Good Tuesday morning. It's so nice to have you with us on the forty seven Morning Update. Here are the big stories we're talking about. The biggest one is the big beautiful Bill. We have a lot that is happening as we're recording this a little after midnight right now, and there's word that there are some Republican holdouts in the Senate. Much is changing, and the President is working the phone lines. We'll give you the latest that we have for you right now in just a moment. Also, in a shocking move, a major TV network is now helping warn individuals where ICE agents are so that they can get away from being held accountable for breaking our laws. Who's doing it? We'll expose that coming up as well. But first I got to tell you there is an amazing cup of coffee that's sitting in front of me right now, and if you're a coffee drinker, you've got to know about Krocket Coffee. When I had my first cup, I knew it was special. It is roasted to perfection in small batches on purpose by experts who love the taste of great coffee. It's roasted also in our nation's heartland, and it's delivered fresh to your door. You're going to love it. And one of the best things is who has started this company, Buck Sexton and Klay Travis, two good friends of mine, and I can tell you they don't cut corners. They only want quality, top quality. That is what they do with small batch roasting. It is their specialty and this is why I want you to try it, because they don't sell out. Yeah, when companies get big, their quality usually drops. You don't have to worry about that. Here and here's the other thing. You can choose between fresh ground or a whole being coffee. You can also grab the CA cups. That's what I just brewed a moment ago. You choose, and if you're interested in mushroom coffee and positive benefits that come with enjoying that each day, Crockett Coffee is now producing that as well. They've got dark ROAs mile roast, light roast, a decaf version and the Mushroom Organic Blenn. You choose what you like to try first, and a portion of your purchase goes to support Tunnel to Towers Foundation because the good people at Krockett Coffee also pledge.
Speaker 1: To never forget.
Speaker 4: Now you ready to try great coffee, I'm gonna save you money right now. Go online to Crocketcoffee dot com. Use my name Ben, and you're gonna get twenty percent off your first order. That's Crocketcoffee dot Com and my name Ben is your promo code, and you're gonna get twenty percent off. You're gonna get a great, great cup of coffee. Try it right now, Krocket Coffee. Use my name Ben, and you're gonna get twenty percent off your first order. It's the forty seven Morning Update and it starts right.
Speaker 3: Now, story number one.
Speaker 4: So you're tuning in right now wanting to know what's going on with a big, beautiful bill. A lot is changing and it's happening very quickly. I'm going to timestamp this for you to let you know it's approaching midnight as we speak right now. When you hear this, depending on when you download it, it may change drastically from what I'm telling you now. That's why I'm letting you know that as I literally just got the phone with members of Congress to get an update on what they're hearing. And I'm gonna be honest with you. After talking and texting with several different people in Congress, many of them still don't know exactly what this final bill is going to look like. There is a lot of back and forth it is taking place right now.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: There's also a rumor that at midnight tonight they're up to sit GOP senators that are holding out on the Big Beautiful Bill. I talked to another senator who said it's five different GOP members, but they believe that those five will come around after they get some concessions that they need. This is how the sausage is made in Washington, DC. And yes, all of the people I talked to are sitting around their offices waiting for what's gonna happen next. So let's go back to earlier in the day and I want to explain to you how we got to the point that we are at right now. Caroline Levitt taking a lot of heat at the White House Press briefing today on the Big Beautiful Bill because there are so many in the Democratic Party and in the mainstream media that want to destroy this from becoming a reality. I want you to listen to what she had to say about this legislation.
Speaker 5: You speak on it, can you respond to the CBO estimates that the Senate would increase the deficite on nearly eight.
Speaker 1: Three point three trophy.
Speaker 5: This is one of the most fiscally conservative pieces of legen that has ever made its way through Capitol Hill. There's two trillion dollars in mandatory savings in this bill, and not only that, the projected growth that this bill will bring to our economy. It will be an economic boom. The Council of Economic Advisors has an analysis that shows that the bill will generate four point one trillion dollars in economic growth and it will cut taxes, putting more money back into the American people's pockets. That's why this president wants this bill to pass, and I know he's busy working the phones and doing what he needs to do today to make it happen. So we'll see you all later. Thank you, We'll see you in Florida.
Speaker 6: Thank you now.
Speaker 4: As you heard Caroline say there, we'll see you and tomorrow in Florida, meaning right now as you're listing this show. There's also another important part of what she just said. The President is working the phones and has been working them from what I've been told all day long and late into the evening and very well maybe pulling what you would refer to in college is a good old all nighter making sure that this gets across the finish line. Now, there is also other centers that are going on TV talking about where they believe this is going. Centater turber Bilt from Alabama, you may know him as the football coach. Here's what he had to say on Fox Business.
Speaker 7: What is your assessment when you look at the whole thing, what would you have liked to have gotten in that didn't and what do you think is the best things in it?
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, two thirds of the bill is the tax cuts, which obviously we've got to get done. It's necessary. Then one third of the bill is we're reforming most of the agencies, which is Medicaid, you know, school loans, all those things that are really costing us a lot of money. They've right now, we have forty seven million young Americans that are in debt with student loans for one point seven trillion dollars. We can't sustain that. We can't sustain it. So we've done some work on that. We've done some work on Medicaid. Medicaid is basically reforming, kicking people off that's not supposed to be on their illegals and people that should be working. So all this, most of it is good. You just sometimes you hate to do things that you know is going to put people in a situation where they're going to be uncomfortable. But the end of the day, we all have to adjust to this because we can't keep spending the way we're spending right now.
Speaker 2: We can't do it.
Speaker 4: We can't keep spending the way we're spinning right now. We just can't keep doing it now. Senator Turberville brought up an excellent point there as well. Two thirds of this big, beautiful bill are actually tax cuts and one third is reforming most of the agencies that is extremely important. Now, there's also many that are saying the American people actually don't want this. One of the things that Tom Tillis has been saying about this bill that actually is not true. In fact, if you go back and look at what Donald Trump ran on He ran on the issue of making the Trump tax cuts permanent. How are we doing it? It is through the Big Beautiful Bill. So the president United States of America is burning the mid Oil Center. Ron Johnson defending the Big Beautiful Bill as well on CNN, saying this to Jake Tapper.
Speaker 8: Billion So Biden deficits were three times larger than pre pandemic levels of deathsit and spending is just out of control.
Speaker 2: So it's easy to be a Democrat.
Speaker 8: Spend mortgage a kid's future, never be held accountable by the media. It's pretty hard what we're trying to do, and so this may take a little bit more time.
Speaker 7: Well, deficit spending is a bipartisan affliction.
Speaker 2: You know that better than anyone.
Speaker 7: Earlier this month, you were warning about this bill adding trillions to the national debt. You told ABC News quote, I'm worried about our kids and grandkids, the fact that we're mortgaging their future. It's wrong, it's immoral. Is has your position changed? It's this bill. I mean, this legislation is still going to add to the deficits.
Speaker 8: So Democrats their only solution is increased taxes. We don't want to do that that harms economic growth. We will get the revenue you ever look for it. All Democrats do is spend. By the way they're talking about we're going to you know, test cuts for millionaires.
Speaker 2: No, we're just not going to increase taxes.
Speaker 8: They could have done that in the four years when they were in power. They could have gotten rid of the Tax Cutting Jobs Act. They could have increased taxes on every American. That's what we're trying to avoid. So again, Democrats love to spend.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying.
Speaker 8: That we don't have Republicans that are a big spender as well. I've been focusing on spending, spending, spending, trying to put pressure on the process, and I think right now the stumbling block is what the Senate bill does. Even though we actually reduce spending more, we also make sure that those business tax provisions which will incentivize growth are permanent.
Speaker 2: So that holds a bigger score.
Speaker 8: But the difference between the House and Center is about six hundred and fifty one billion dollars. Rick Scott's amendment, which is eminently reasonable. It doesn't kick anybody off of Medicaid. It just limits at some point in time in the future additional adults who are childless, who are working age, who could work. It's going to deny them that nine to one match, which is distorted Medicaid. Jake, for every dollar the state puts into a to provide health care for a disabled child, the federal government puts a buck thirty three. But for every dollar they put in toward a single childless adult who should be working, we kick in nine. That has led to all kinds of abuse, provider taxes, provider fees.
Speaker 2: By the way, that's not healthcare.
Speaker 8: But you have the federal government's kicking out nine dollars for every one of the states. That's what we're trying to address. We're not trying to take Medicaid away from disabled children. We're trying to stop that scam the states and providers have been using to draw down one hundreds of billions of dollars for the federal government that we can't afford.
Speaker 4: So you listen to Ron Johnson there defending the big beautiful bill. DEM's only solution has increased taxes and saying, quote, it's easy to be a Democrat. You can also find it very interesting that Jake Tapper it see it and now actually cares about government spending, something he didn't care about under the Biden administration, not one single time, but all of a sudden, the media now is like, well, we need to be looking at the deficit. At the end of the day. Donald Trump promised to make the tax cuts permanent and to rein in the size of government. That's clearly what he's advocating for and what he's trying to do right now. Now, I'll say this for the five that are apparently holding out at this hour a little after midnight as I am recording the show, anything can happen in the next few hours, and I have a feeling that at the end of the day, Donald Trump will be working those phones and making sure that the big, beautiful bill gets across the finish line for the American people.
Speaker 3: Now, story number two.
Speaker 4: The media yet again putting ice agents lives at risk, this time CNN featuring a segment on ice Block. It is an app that lets users anonymously crowd source ice agents sightings across the app and send alerts to others within a five mile radius. Now, the app's creator framed as a quote harmless early warning system to help people avoid ice, not to incite violence against the agents. Ice block enforces constraints, they claim as well, one post every five minutes, auto deletion after four hours, and explicitly recommends users not interfere with officers. That's their get out of jail free card. Apparently, the White House Press Secretary Caroline Levitt accusing CNN of encouraging violence by publicizing the app, especially amid a reported five hundred percent surge in assaults on ICE agents nationwide. The acting ICE Director called CNN's coverage quote reckless and irresponsible, warning that it paints a target on federal law enforcement officers. Backs and Tom Homan, the former ICE director, and the current borders are branded. The app is simply disgusting, and urge the DOJ to investigate CNN's role in all of this. I want you to hear more of what Tom Holman had to say on Fox News Channel about this.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 9: This next story is outrageous. A new iPhone app is alerting people about ICE sightings in the area. As if that's not bad enough. Seeing in it appears to be promoting the app, talking to the creator, and doing a whole story on it. That is not sitting well with my next guest the borders. Our Tom Holman joins me. Now, Tom, they've crossed the line here. This is out of control.
Speaker 10: I know. It's just simply disgusting, and any network that covers that is disgusting as well. So I'm hoping DOJ steps in here and see if they cross that line. I'm competing federal law enforcement offshoes. Look, Lawrence, you're not talking about this. Passaulting concise is up over five hundred percent. Now you've got an app that's going to tell where ICE operators are going to be. It's only a matter of time for ICE stages are ambushed by some nut like we're happening in LA throwing them a top cocktail, throwing bricks, and these officers. This is just disgusting at every level. So I hope DOJ dives in this deeply, because you know, ICE is constraint on public safety threats and national security threats. This shouldn't be a partisan issue. There shouldn't be an issue anybody's is against. So they're already a dangerous job going after the worst of the worst. These guys are putting their lives on the line every day, going after the worst and worst international security threats, and this app makes it that much more dangerous. It's it's incredible that those who enforced law, all of a sudden, they are the bad guys you want to break the law, they're victims. It's disgusting.
Speaker 9: Why I was seeing in promote this, Why would they do a story on this?
Speaker 10: I can't figure out. I've been look, I've been doing this for four decades. I've never seen anything like this in my life. You know, it's got to be they hate Trump more than love law enforcement or I can't figure it out, but something needs to be done. I mean, you advertise this guy's app National TV Network, They're just going to bring more followers, sick followers to the app and use it again, letting the bad guy know Ice is coming. They're here, here's where they're going next. This is dangerous for the men and women.
Speaker 9: So true, Tom, I want.
Speaker 2: To get you.
Speaker 4: Tom Homan clearly slamming CNN for promoting the ice tracking app and now is saying maybe it's time for law enforcement, the DOJ to step in here and see if they cross the line. Competing federal law enforcement officers. Yet again another example of how the left is doing everything they can to protect illegal immigrants and put American lives at risk.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to the forty seven Morning Update with Ben Ferguson. Please make sure you hit subscribe wherever you're listening to this podcast right now and for more in depth news, also subscribe to the Ben Ferguson podcast and we will see you back here tomorrow