Speaker 1: Why does anyone say that what good comes out of saying to someone you look tired?
Speaker 2: No, walk it up. It's so mean. Walk it Up.
Speaker 3: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. When I got home last night, I wanted to watch Friends, but I watched Real Housewives.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really sad. We were talking about it on the pre game. Welcome everybody to the Calm Down Podcast. Sad day, Matthew Perry of course passing and you're a huge friend. You never really got into it, huh, not the way that you did, because I should go back and watch the reruns, like I just you know, I remember. This is what I remember is that it was on Thursday night. The new episode would always air, and my mom would have to work. My mom, of course, being so amazing, she had like ten jobs when I was growing up to take care of us, and she worked as a waitress on Tuesdays and Thursday night. So we had to record the episode for us so she could watch it when she came home. And we had so many nights of panic where my brother and sister and are like.
Speaker 2: Did you press record for mom? She only asked us to do one thing.
Speaker 1: Did you press record, and it was like off the old like vhs like recording things. So that's what I remember. She loved that show so much. But yeah, really sad gone too soon, as they say. Yeah, I became more of a fan after it was done because it was really hot when I was in college and high school and I just you know, it's on Nickelodeon and you can I always just have it on.
Speaker 3: I have it on when I'm in a hotel. Just it's like a comfort food kind of thing. It's always on the airlines. So yeah, and then, like I said, we watched the reunion the day that we found out our surrogate, our first sarrogate that the you know, we lost the babies and stuff, and so we were a mess and it was just like what are we going to do? And I was like, I heard the Friends Reunion's really good, and we watched it.
Speaker 2: And laughed and cried. It was so amazing. So I feel so sad for all those people. Just terrible.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be a horrible tangent, not tangent, but transition out of this you know what show. I really want to go back and watch, Like there's a big thing about suits being on Netflix, and like, I think you should start with friends and like just plow through it.
Speaker 2: Dallas Dallas, like the like nine. I wonder if there's a place you can go Patrick Ewing, Patrick Ewing, the basketball player. Oh no, it's not Patrick Ewing, Sorry.
Speaker 1: Bobby Patrick was his name?
Speaker 2: Bobby Ewing. Bobby Ewing was his name?
Speaker 1: New York nickt Dallas, Like I'm trying to connect, Like what I'm one of the dogs? Was Patrick something? And his name was Dallas. Now that's the show I'm gonna watch. But here's a fun fat.
Speaker 2: Dude, Like we need to stop this for a second. Why am I so read?
Speaker 1: Brian's not gonna take this out. I gotta pull the curtain in your like Wizard of Oz.
Speaker 2: Back hold on.
Speaker 1: So oh, So I am in my living room because the garage where I have the office is full of a bunch of shicks.
Speaker 2: I poor Steve. I made him clear out the storage.
Speaker 1: You next up was like, I'm not gonna pay six hundred dollars a month for shit just sitting in the store.
Speaker 2: So now it's full of crap. But I'm in the living room.
Speaker 1: And I'm looking at this and it looks like I'm about to pass out If rosetage is it as red. It's use old medicine drugs you took that aren't working. Okay, that's another thing. Hold on, talk to yourself first sight. Call Patrick Ewing and tell him you love him in Dallas while I fix this. Okay, So Patrick Ewing, it's Bobby Ewing. I forget what his real name is. I know Ryan's gonna find it. But anyways, a whole conversation about this show. My mom and dad used to watch Dallas all the time. I think it was on Friday Night din It was honestly like the first Yellowstone. I want to go back and watch it. My friend's mom was.
Speaker 3: Sue Ellen on the show, and she grew up here in California in the eighties when that show was hot, and her mom was Sue Ellen.
Speaker 2: How cool is that? Okay?
Speaker 1: All I think of a Suellyn is I think, I don't tell mom. The Babysitters dead and I'm right on top of that rose. But the Dallas, I just remember the iconic outfits, like the big pads and like the big hair and all of that stuff. Didn't they try to recreate it or something? I felt like they did. Maybe like a new age anyway. I mean at this point you have Tom Cruise, Passion and John Stark starring in the new show Dallas, directed by Mark Cuban. Sure, so we'll look forward to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I am. I need a good show.
Speaker 1: Oh, speaking of shows, defending Jacob, I just watched if you haven't. If you and Jared are looking for a new show, this is another thing I'm opening up. Jacob Owman. He's not available for comment. He's still sad USC is not living up to its expectations.
Speaker 2: Fight on, we sell their merch. Your stuff is so good.
Speaker 1: It really is, Aaron, And I'm not trying to like make this like some infomercial whatever. Every time Michael Smith, when we're in our production meeting, I got up, had an NFL sweatshirt of yours on, and he goes, is that Aaron's line? And I said, yeah, it is, and he goes, she does a great job. I get compliments every single time I wear something. And it's not just because I'm saying that, because it's you. I truly do.
Speaker 2: What was I saying?
Speaker 1: Okay, I would love from the all of you viewers and listeners out there. I need you guys to submit shows you've like bingehosh because during the football season, with all the traveling blah blah blah, I give myself Friday afternoon after I get home from Thursday night to like do nothing, to just like chill out and like recharge. I need do shows. I just watched Defending Jacob and I think it's on Netflix. No, it's on Apple.
Speaker 2: I don't know. It was so good.
Speaker 1: Chris Evans is the actor, and then the woman from Downton Abbey the main character, one of the main daughters, as the main character.
Speaker 2: She was in it. It was fantastic. We're Offending Jacob.
Speaker 1: If you're looking for a new show, you watch the I did watch it, but I can't hear the chef anymore.
Speaker 2: I can't hear chef. I can't hear it.
Speaker 1: I've I've heard it so many times and I'm like, I love it and I think the actors are amazing, But like, do we can.
Speaker 2: We just like cut down the amount of chef But that's what they say.
Speaker 1: I will say this. David Chang, who's part of our crew for the Vision night. He's incredible, world renowned chef and admittingly I am not a foodie, but I know that someone is very important. When Andrew Whitworth and Tony Gonzalez are like, oh my god, David Chang so because they're the foodies of the group. But he we were talking about it, We're like, how accurate is that show? When he say to like life in that, he said, it's identical to it. It's so it's so spot on where it's just like the madness and the chaos and all this other stuff. So he's like, they did a really good job portraying what actually happens in a kitchen.
Speaker 2: I love that. So who's the actor in that?
Speaker 3: I don't know before No, he was on another show, but I don't. Yeah, I'm not helpful with this stuff. This is a Kendra Andrews conversation.
Speaker 2: I'm terrible with it.
Speaker 1: Which it always goes back to that I can't believe that I ever worked in entertainment because I didn't know who anybody was.
Speaker 2: What's your name is embarrassed? Robert?
Speaker 1: Is that with an exactly? That's I'm fuck embarrassing, Julie Andrews. AnyWho, how was your week?
Speaker 2: Lover?
Speaker 1: So you were in Jay Glazer wanted to come on the podcast at all times.
Speaker 2: Calling it Let's manifest this.
Speaker 1: Big week for Glaze trade deadline, lots happening. Speaking of football, girlfriend, you were in Dallas before we get to your week. That was okay, this hair is fresh and looking fabulous.
Speaker 3: You look great, squeezed in a roots situation, got the roots, got their grays touched up, got the brassiness out. You know, It's all fun and games until I have to do it myself on the sidelines and then it's like.
Speaker 2: Whoof no, it's fo's really good in it? So long? Thanks love you? How is Dallas so long? So fresh? In Dallas this weekend? And you know what? I love forget that? Dallas was great.
Speaker 3: I felt like it was in an off week for us, speaking because Kevin was doing World Series. Greg didn't come to dinner like I didn't love that. I love our fellowship group. That's a word Greg started with us. I loved Thursday night. I just took a shower, I'm getting into bed, and all of a sudden, it's like ten thirty and I get a FaceTime and I'm like, Okay, what are these crazy cats up to? I get a FaceTime from Buffalo and it's the whole Thursday Night crew, and I was in my pj's with wet hair, and I just couldn't have been more happy, Like it was just so much fun. I felt like, I feel like I'm a part of Thursday Night anyways. But then like everybody's at the bar and they can't hear you, so they're doing the FaceTime to their mouth so you see their forehead.
Speaker 2: And it's just so much fun.
Speaker 1: So I will start this story from the beginning before the show even started. So Aaron is so supportive and lovely and such a great friend. So every Thursday, well in addition to every other day that we connect, every Thursday, she will like FaceTime me with Mac and say hello and say good luck, and we'll be watching and it's so cute. So I was on set early and I just couldn't happier to have answered the FaceTime and Mac is like sitting in your lap just being as cute as can be.
Speaker 2: And they always always.
Speaker 1: Buffalo fans behind, like screaming, and I felt like you needed to even have like head like earphones over his little baby ears because it was so loud. Anyways, it was adorable and nothing makes me happier, So then fast forward to you know, on the East Coast those games. Even Josh Allen brought it up on set where he's like, what time is it, and it's like, it's midnight. By the time that postgame wraps up and you get off set, it's one o'clock. And I you know, I've said this before, but I just the same way that you feel about your crew and at Fox, and same for us on Thursday night, where it's all about the people that you work with, right because you're the days are long and all these kind of stuff. So it's like, if you have good people, then it just makes everything better. So go walk into the bar as we always do, like a big group of us after the game, and Al Michael's one point thirty am saddled up to the bar having himself some cabernet or whatever he's drinking, and he says to me, not, how was the game?
Speaker 2: Nothing? Nothing?
Speaker 1: He goes FaceTime Aaron. Al is obsessed with Aaron. He loves He wants to know where Aaron is at every week.
Speaker 2: He wants to tell what.
Speaker 1: She's doing because they have an affinity for only staying at nice hotels.
Speaker 2: And I used to be like erin who cares.
Speaker 1: But as you've spent twenty five years on the road, I understand where it's like the difference of the nice hotels versus the not nice hotels. And let's just say this, Buffalo, I love you guys, but there is not a plethora of five star hotels in the area.
Speaker 2: But I also went to Niagara Falls. What a place.
Speaker 1: I had never been there before. I'm trying to be better about going to touristy places.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you actually went.
Speaker 1: I went, and I got to say this, if you're having a bad day, don't go to Niagara Falls because the railings are so low. They like, I'm not even a mother. But I was like, so like, oh my god, they let people go this close to the falls and I was like, never, Oh, this is terrifying.
Speaker 2: It was beautiful, Eric, it was it was so wait for this word majestic that it was. Were you is that the word you're thinking of?
Speaker 1: Too?
Speaker 2: Oh? Cute? I just don't. I don't know. I just I'm maybe it's like the ranch in me or something.
Speaker 1: But I the further and further away I get from like the metropolis world, the more I appreciate nature and It's just calming, and it just makes you feel very small, which is good to have, Like you know, when you're in an airplane and you look down and you're like, we are so small and insignificant in like the vast world that is so I'm standing there Niagara Falls just like this. It should be one of the seven Wonders of the world. But I just was like, it was very cool and it was so exceeded my expectations. Anyways, did you guys all go together? Me with Jared and Betsy and then Tony, who's just adorable. He went the next day by himself because he got in later. But anyways, I digress to say this. Al then proceeded to ask Aaron all these questions and being so sweet and conser so Aarin, being adorable, stayed on the FaceTime, which, by the way, like nobody would answer, you know, and like you see somebody facetiming you. You're in pajamas, you've just done some you know, face mask on your you know whatever. No, you didn't look scary at all, but most people wouldn't answer.
Speaker 2: And Al loves you. We all love you. Shirm gets on the phone. The whole group.
Speaker 1: Anyways, so, yeah, we have a good time on Thursday night. But Aaron is an honorary member of the T and F crew.
Speaker 2: He did keep saying on the FaceTime calm down. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I told him that Dan was on and he got a little He said, well, what am I coming on? I said, Al, it is an open invitation any day of the week that you want to come on, because this man has some stories, let me tell you. So we'll stay tuned for an al Michael's appearance on the podcast. But yeah, it was good, it was fun. Buffalo is great, man, I'll tell you this, Like maybe the hotels are subpar, but the fandom, it is just so special what they have up there. And I hope for the sake of their you know, Jim Kelly still lives in town. Derman Thomas still lives in town. Like Buffalo is the Buffalo Bills, And so I just I don't know. I'm interested to see how and if and when they can get over that proverbial place, layoff hump and find themselves back in the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: But I'm excited to go there. We haven't spent any time there. We only did one game there and it was during COVID, so there were no fans. We did Kansas City at Buffalo on a Monday morning. It was so crazy because it had been canceled. So we're gonna go this year. We're so excited.
Speaker 1: I want to get the name of the restaurant and use fits his name to get us in that you guys went to because I was.
Speaker 2: Telling my Mulberry.
Speaker 1: We got to shout out to the Mulberry yep, and even Josh Allen gave the endorsement too. For it's an Italian restaurant, but it is in the middle of a neighborhood. It's like so random. You're like, wait, did we take a wrong turn? It is adorable. It feels like you walked into like a cool restaurant in New York. Has like a little bit of the Love Waverley in vibe. Yeah, Like it's like low ceilings and yeah, I'm a great owner and great wings.
Speaker 2: I'm not a wing person, but the wings at this place were excellent. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: I'm going to text you after and get a hook up there because we got to make our RESO. Okay, I okay, come in look at him a lot. I tell Steve, I said, well, because all this stuff is in the garage, I'm doing the podcast in the middle of the living room.
Speaker 2: So you have two choices.
Speaker 1: You're either going to stay gone until three o'clock come on, or or you're gonna be on the podcast.
Speaker 2: So here he is. Say hi, say hi to all your fans.
Speaker 4: Welcome America.
Speaker 2: Goodness, gay, Hey, I have a question from pregame here. Yeah, So we had a viewer, a fan of the pod.
Speaker 3: As you know, you've seen our graphics, you've seen our numbers, so we wanted to bring it onto the big show. It was our pregame question about how does your husband sash boyfriend do they get jealous about you working with attractive men? You and Jarrett are very much wired the same, Like you're just like, no because we go golfing, Like doesn't matter, Like we could go golfing with him. Why don't you and Jared get annoyed that we work with such good looking guys?
Speaker 1: Because I told her, and I'll just interject one thing. I was telling her how you I said, do you get jealous?
Speaker 2: And you said no?
Speaker 1: And I was like, well you should get like a little jealous. And you're like, so you want me to get jealous, and then it was like confusing, and then I was like, I'm not fat.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: I think it's because Jared and I are just two confident guys. You know, we know who you guys are coming home to at night. So oh daddy, not something that we need to be worried about. So much other stuff to worry.
Speaker 2: It's not even home.
Speaker 4: We were texting about this earlier. We've been talking about it all week. Kidding, that's my answer. I hope you enjoyed it, America.
Speaker 2: That what that you're just so confident?
Speaker 4: I mean I I yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's because I'm so pretty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys are beautiful.
Speaker 1: He said you look like a death spiral earlier. Okay, you just track that because I do.
Speaker 2: Ah. Sorry, okay, Hi, thanks for joining us. It was a grocery store. I hate grocery shopping. See.
Speaker 1: I love SEE for a lot of reasons. High up on that list. If Power rankings is he grocery shops, I refuse to. I would instacar everything. I can't stand grocery shopping. I wander around the goddamn place, don't get anything that I'm looking for. Overspend, my daisy, I'm not looking for pumpkin loaf, and I hated the old loaf and a pumpkin, but you got me into it because it's delicious.
Speaker 2: I have turned her.
Speaker 1: Okay, Aaron has helped me with alterations, with packing, with being a better you know, traveler, and I have helped. This is almost the same in terms of helpfulness with liking a pumpkin loaf. They're good, They're really delicious. It's fricking my so red.
Speaker 2: It's so hot in here.
Speaker 3: So let's be honest. You're playing her right now. You're a little under the weather. It sucks, but you sounded so good on air. I was so concerned for you how you would be feeling yesterday. You couldn't even tell you were sick.
Speaker 2: I never get sick, and I don't. I don't.
Speaker 1: And it's not just because the AG one seventy five vitamins and minerals, pre biotics, probiotics helps aiden see, I know, but not even that. I just think that I did a bad job of staying hydrated. You know, we know when we go on the road. Where are you this week?
Speaker 2: Al wants to know. Oh, we have a little showdown called cowboys at Eagles. Fine, Holy shit, that's your game. Yes, fine, we.
Speaker 1: Have a good game blowout City every weekend. Can we please just have a game?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: Wait? So Jared, Sweet Jared, the researcher who helps you guys as well, came up after the game was open. He goes another one, like, the margin of victory for your guys' game has been twenty plus points.
Speaker 2: It's awful. It's oh my god.
Speaker 3: And I try to do the best I can, Like I have stuff for Curry Greg that I say, like, hey, I can help you down here if you want it. Yeah, Like those guys they are really making the money. I mean they're sitting up there talking about anything, trying to make it interesting. They get in the car a couple of cute things.
Speaker 2: Greg.
Speaker 3: Obviously, if you haven't heard his episode on Calm Down, you have to listen to it. He's just adorable and so much fun and just a great guy. He gets in, he goes, can we just fucking get a good game?
Speaker 2: Like it's so bad? So Teddy had his son at the game, who is so sweet. He gets in the car.
Speaker 3: We're all headed to the airport, and he goes, how many interviews did you get after the game?
Speaker 2: Aerin Like their rewards. You know, that's a horrible so many did you get Aaron? Stop it, Youte, that's really really sweet smart. I'm excited. I believe, Oh my god, that's going to be great. AJ Brown?
Speaker 1: Hello AJ Brown. For anyone that doesn't follow football, I'm just going to say this name, AJ Brown. He now has six consecutive games with over one hundred and twenty five yards. And we were talking with Julian Edelman about this and I was like, how hard is that? Like put that in perspective. He's like, it's it's so hard.
Speaker 2: It's only been done once Calvin Johnson and this other guy back in the sixties. But I'm like, the.
Speaker 1: Consistency to have over one hundred and twenty five yards receiving and game after game after game after game, Like, dude, I'm excited for that game.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize that yours Yay, Aaron?
Speaker 1: I know, And I would leave early because I'm doing a sit down and are you allowed to talk about what you're doing this week?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I can't wait. Okay, game, No, your game is amazing.
Speaker 2: Rolls and a lightning.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I'm interviewing Garth Brooks hopefully my face is not so red. My face is gonna turn red when I see him. It's Garth brook You's gonna wear I don't know, probably dress up as Tricia Yearwood, so he'll like me.
Speaker 2: Would she be there?
Speaker 1: I would love to sample any of her dishes. I was gonna say music fancy and no, she couldn't fancy.
Speaker 2: What's her? A driving movie? But in the very last row, they're too busy holding on to one another to even care about the show.
Speaker 1: You don't know the song anyways, Garth Brooks. I am going to interview Garth Brooks because he is our Amazon Music Live guest.
Speaker 2: She loves wa to the boy. There you go, okay, so be will always find away. She's gonna marry that someday, Steve. Do you think I have a good voice? Do you think I'm pretty? Okay? So go to Garth Brooks, so tell us about it? Okay, Okay, Okay. I get to interview Garth Brooks for Amazon Music Live.
Speaker 1: He is our Black Friday entertainment and so anyone that knows me knows my affinity for country music. My first ever concert was Brooks and dun faith Hill opened for them. I always wanted to see Garth Brooks. It was like, it's like my number one country artists of all time didn't go, didn't go. He wasn't touring for decades, right, and then he went back out started touring. So Sarah, graciously, Sarah Walsh bought me and surprised me with two tickets to a show. The only show I could go to was in Orlando. She's like, sorry, it's in Orlando, Orlando. We're from Orlando, And so I flew there, went to the con.
Speaker 2: I cry.
Speaker 1: I mean, this was like right on the heels of my divorce, and like the dance came on and I was like crying at every emotional song, happy tears.
Speaker 2: And I just was like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was so it was one of those things that I'd always like, if I could go back in time in like a you know whatever time machine, I would see Michael Jordan play live, and I'd see Whitney Houston in concert.
Speaker 2: And then, thank god, Garth Brooks was my third.
Speaker 1: Thank god I've now been able to check him off because the other two are not in option obviously. So yeah, I get to interview Garth Brooks and I don't know what I'm gonna say, and I found out that it's in his studio, and I'm gonna be like, oh my god, they're at the lead.
Speaker 2: We're Brooks and done.
Speaker 3: But this is the shit we want to hear in his studio in Nashville. I know, I know, Carissa, you have to get a photo. You have to get a photo of you sitting there with him doing the interview. And then I know we hate asking guys to do it, but it's like when we were in studio with Poppy and Jeter. When is that ever going to happen again? You know, you just have to ask, may we please get a photo?
Speaker 1: But I am going to adhere to the Dan Patrick's school of question asking him because I'm still I just ramble, and I ramble. I did it on Thursday night. Let's split the fucking question out for us, and Josh Allen has to go to bed.
Speaker 2: I related to Dak.
Speaker 3: I started giving Dak knows he threw for three over three hundred yards and fourteen.
Speaker 2: Why do we shut up? Aaron, go with the question. I need to break that bad habit of mine with this big amble.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's come up with questions Okay, let's turn it over to the podcast Nation.
Speaker 2: Asking is his.
Speaker 1: Studio attached to his home because I really wanted him to make like an appetizer, like a spinach dip or something. No, but I am going to tell him about Ruby Ranch and be like, I watched this documentary on you and your sprawling estates in Nashville, and he's got all this acreage and he'd traveled like, you know, in his little mule. He goes around and he's got this like house on the hill and da, And I'm like, when I watched that, I was like, I want that.
Speaker 2: I want acreage. So I'm going to talk to him about the ring of my hat. Bring my hat, bring my hat. Great idea, great idea, great idea. That's good, that's good. Even love that he left. Oh yeah, yep, yep yep. So yeah, you guys, like the child in me is like, oh my god, Garth Brooks.
Speaker 3: Okay, you have to ask about music. You have to ask him about like the evolution of Garth Brooks. And then is he's a football fan. I know he's a college football fan. Is he much of an NFL fan?
Speaker 2: Football fan? I don't know what team I'm guessing the charts. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's the research portion of the program. I'll get together before I interview him on Wednesday. But I am interviewing him, yeah, in his studio, so obviously anything I mean, I don't know, I don't know. I just got to get prepared. I got to get off this cold medicine and get prepared.
Speaker 3: I have a good resource for you. After he's done calling Monday night football. Maybe send a little Texter Roney to Troy Aikman.
Speaker 1: Their friends, they're friends, Yeah, and just be like, oh, no things to do, just you know, part of the research plan that we as goals like to put together.
Speaker 2: Yep, I know. I'm excited.
Speaker 1: That's going to be my night activity since I'm still in my pajamas from the day because I haven't changed from the initial gym when you go on a zoom call and it's like you just get ready from the waist up. I got on a black shirt, did my makeup for the first call, then wipe the makeup off, threw on a sweatshirt and said, fuck it, who cares.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm at right now.
Speaker 3: You know where I'm what I'm interested in doing, and I'm annoyed. I'm going to say this publicly because someone's going to do it make a ton of money. I would like a filter for my face for these Zoom calls. I like doing Zoom calls. I'm into it, you know what I'm not into as a woman having to put friggin makeup on for it. I would like to let this old ass face breathe and not have to put makeup on every single day. Now Still it's like I have red face paint on.
Speaker 2: Like what am I?
Speaker 3: Who wants to partner with us and come up with a filter for Zoom? I'll do a natural one, put it right on for my interviews with the Philadelphias and the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: But why do I have to put concealer on?
Speaker 3: Because Halloween is over with before my game and I don't want to give them the scaries? But could we just come up with a filter for Zoom?
Speaker 2: Enough is enough? We have it for Instagram's a great point.
Speaker 1: The embarment of a makeup, though, is like the foundation, the mascara, and the lipstick.
Speaker 2: That's all you're gonna get for me. I know, but I still look like ass. Why can't we just do a fog filter? Stop it because I.
Speaker 1: Got makeup on it sucks. I did a podcast at eight am this morning. Well maybe she made me cry, Oh stop you did. Why don't you tell me that Aaron did up podcasts with Hodah. No, she's not my friend anymore, she's their friend.
Speaker 3: So she was talking about and I and I talked about our podcast, and I talked about what Dan told us sometimes you got to pull over from the hov lane and just kind of enjoy it before you get back in. And she was saying she tries to do that as well. And she said the other day she got so emotional with her daughter. She was just looking at her daughter and her daughter was playing Taylor Swift and the song Enchanted came on and she just grabbed her daughter and started looking at her and they started singing it, and she goes, there's my moment, my memory I just created with you, you know. And it was like, cute back, enjoy the moment. Don't do your fifty things while the song is on. Look at your daughter, sing it with her, and that's your memory, that's your moment.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I'm not even gonna see my kids till three o'clock today, Like what's Jory.
Speaker 2: But I'll tell you what the memory was.
Speaker 1: It's Max sitting in his little chair because he's a big boy now and consider in his own little chair. And it's Howi's swimming in the pool and you got your music on in the background, and like that was a memory and I'm not even in your family. I was like, oh, I was a good little family. I know that was a nice moment. Okay, I need a MAC update. I know all things Mac, but I know that our viewers love to participate in your life as they've been on this whole journey with you through for till mat And now that we have immaculate reception, what do we got?
Speaker 2: We should get this sponsored a MAC moment sponsored by what's he doing these days? What's a MAC moment?
Speaker 3: I got home yesterday and before he went to bed, I made it in time before he was out, and I changed his diaper just because I was like, I'll do it, I'll do it. And he's eating a lot more right now, which I guess that means they spit up a lot more.
Speaker 2: Like my man is projectile.
Speaker 3: It's like for Christmases, like like it's coming out and you gotta be ready and speaking of Orlando, yeah, your name's Orlando, and yeah he pukes a lot more so I was able to get home in time for a little dipey change and a wipe down because now you've got to get all the crevices, like under the neck, because that's where the puke got.
Speaker 2: Like a sharpai dog that doesn't get stuck in there.
Speaker 3: A couple of times that have gotten to me is our nanny will be holding him and I'll go to reach for him and he reaches.
Speaker 2: Back, and that gets you Aarlyn, No he does it. They'll reach back and you're like whoa. And then another one today is like he is reaching for the bottle and like holding it, like won't be able to hold hold it itself.
Speaker 1: But it was like right, oh, oh good boy in my middle macash Mac, I know, I was just selling Steve this morning. I was like, we're not going to see Mac for two weeks at least because just like schedule, why it's not gonna work out. But I feel like if I don't see him every week, he grows up so much. I know, I know what they do, they grow up. I look like absolute dogshit. I need to like put ice on my face. It's like a heating up by the moment.
Speaker 2: But I just love this.
Speaker 1: The other day I overheard someone say to Steve, you look tired, and I was like, that's why does anyone say that. What good comes out of saying to someone you look tired?
Speaker 2: No, you look you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like unless somebody asks or like, this is the only time I think it makes sense. If you and I are having a conversation, I'm like, oh my gosh, like I got it late last night that d D like I'm so tired and be like, yeah, but that happens. Like just put on a path like a face mask, hydrate, you'll be good to go. But actually, unprompted say to someone you look tired.
Speaker 2: Walk it up.
Speaker 3: It's so mean, walk it up. And I know I look tired. Like right now, Week nine, Week ten, these are tough stretches. It's before the holidays. I feel like once you get into the holidays with games, your humming, Like once we get to December, it's like, holy shit, the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Are around the corner. We're hoping.
Speaker 3: But right now, like I actually went and laid down when I got to where the hell was I Dallas. I like trying to close my eyes because I hadn't had sleep, and I was like, I am tired, and I friggin look tired. I actually told our handhelds on the field pull out from my face, like shoot me from waist up.
Speaker 1: No one needs a zoom in of this girl right now. I am exhausted, but yeah, we don't need any unprompted. You look tired. We get it, Like my face is red, I feel like shit. But this is not us complaining. Let me just no, no, no, Asterix, Like, come on, this is just a conversation.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: I really love you one that you did talking about your sweet cameramen and just because so many of that like cameraman, audio guys, uh, people in the graphics, everything that goes into a television broadcast. I'm really excited. Actually, my parents are gonna come to New York for the Black Friday game. Oh good, my dad's never been.
Speaker 2: To New York. But you know what I'm really excited for that you're gonna see Aaron. He's gonna be there. I can't wait. We will be there.
Speaker 1: This this cat already on the field like the football. Oh Ela Trodge, little dream boats. But I'm excited for my parents to see because they've come to the studio on Sunday at Fox. But see how much goes into a television production, right, like anyone that you've been around, like a you know, on the road kind of production. It's incredible. That's why I loved when Taylor not to bring this back to Taylor Swift, we get it, okay, blah blah blah, but like I love that she gave her truck drivers at some money. Like all these things, it's like none of these presentations or performances or whatever happened without the back end of it. So anyways, I just thought your post was sweet, and it's a reminder that there's a lot that goes into what ends up being on television.
Speaker 3: One thousand percent my posts I put up there really quickly, and I know we're over time, but are handhelds. It's such a team environment on our crew, and I love it so much, and they're very protective of me. They're very like supportive of any idea. And we knew going into the game darn Bland obviously filling in for Trayvon Diggs. We knew dan Quinn Adorable had told us in a pregame meeting that Al Harris, former cornerback with the Green Bay Packers and a couple other teams as well. Dan Quinn had told us a story that yes, this guy has done really well, but it's just him working with Al Harris and hearing it from Al Harris, who played the position, sees the game like he does like dan Quinn's like, I'll never be able to explain it to him.
Speaker 2: He gets a pick six, Thank you, Lauren. Oh no, it's the Wall company sent me. I'm sorry, Yeah, that one that company sent because it was a down gift. What kind of companies? What kind of companies?
Speaker 3: So anyways, it happens, he's scored, he has a pick six, and they're all coming down and I grab our handheld Kyle, who's so great, and I just said I was pointing at Al Harris who was waiting for him, and I said, get this shot. And he stands there and he gets it, and then I said to Ritruser, our director, shot of Al here is coming right now. And then they rolled it in and then we were able to do a good story about it. And it's just moments like that. It happens so fast, and I love grabbing our handhelds and they totally trust me and they get the shot and it just works out the way it's supposed to.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and going back to your job where it's like, oh, look, Sideline reported this.
Speaker 1: And that, and you're like, you have you do so many more things than just giving a report or like, you know, being like, there's a lot that goes into that position. That's also why I can't do it, because I'm terrible at it. I'd be like this, like filing my nails. What was I going to say?
Speaker 2: Oh, droll Bland, is that the ree straight games or was it two strike games? With a pick six? And he's his fourth interception of year, his third pick six of the year. Is that not insane?
Speaker 3: It's gonna be interesting to see how Jalen Hurts does against that secondary.
Speaker 2: Really, really, I cannot wait.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be interesting to see how Pittsburgh secondary makeup. Fitzpatrick got hurt, but now the Steelers handle Will Lovis his NFL debut. Yeah, passing touchdown. This kid came out sling it. San Francisco lost again. They're needing to regroup, get back on track. Like the NFL is kooky Coukerson.
Speaker 3: I was going to show you these friendship bracelets that were sent to us, but I don't know where they are, so I'll show you next time. But here a little selfish plug. We did a collab with bibble Bar and we have sorry woe as I'm throwing it around jewelry out for the NFL.
Speaker 2: Did I show you that? Did I wear that last week?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: But I have seen it in a post. Uh huh, you haven't put it out. So here's our some of our ear rings. Tell everyone where they can get out. You can do it on.
Speaker 1: Whereby EA dot com. We have pendants, we have necklaces, we have hoops. I love her little stuff.
Speaker 2: It's adorable. With bobble Bar, They're so cute, so cute.
Speaker 1: I'm proud of you, per usual. And where by Aaron Andrews dot com is that.
Speaker 2: With the whole?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or by EA dot com? By EA dot com okay, perfect well? Also put it on our Instagram. I love that. Can you hold those up again? For anyone that's viewing this on YouTube, RAN's gonna be so mad how loud this is. You know what I love?
Speaker 1: I love when we get pictures of you ladies or gentlemen watching YouTube on your TV, the podcast and like having a glass of wine. Like you know how sometimes people send pictures of us how they consume the podcast.
Speaker 2: It's adorable. It's so cute. I'm gonna go ice down my face.
Speaker 1: Okay, get ready to go market Brooks interview FaceTime me with Mac. I'll have an ice pack on and I love you so much. Have a great week everybody. As my father always said to me, say something nice to someone today.
Speaker 2: That's what he would say every day before I left for school.
Speaker 1: And remember that this world, as chaotic as it is, we don't have all the answers, but we can only control. We can control and be nice to people because life is short, and I'll be there for you. I have a question for Garth Brooks from Erin Andrews. Okay, submitting question number one? Will he come on the Calm Down Podcast? Okay, fantastic, right after Derek Cheter Garth Brooks. Our lineup is incredible. Okay, perfect.
Speaker 2: We'll have the admitting question. Garth Brooks coming up in our manifestations. Oh and for bonus.
Speaker 1: Coverage, we've got a maculate reception and his his is immaculate conception.
Speaker 2: Say what I did there? Love you all. Bye.
Speaker 3: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.