Speaker 1: I'm ain't trying to be dounky today no more.
Speaker 2: They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days called Donkey of the Day, and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 1: Damned Charlamagne who got the Donkey of to day today?
Speaker 2: Well, just hilarious donkey today for Monday, March thirty, first goes to two seventeen year olds named Fernando Amaya and Christopher Portillo Luna. Okay, both of these young men are from Texas Houston. I believe, and I want every single teenager, every single young person listening to me right now, to learn from these two individuals' mistakes. See, Fernando and Christopher are friends, and I put friends in air quotes because friends don't let friends crash out. Okay, we don't put enough emphasis on that. We all remember the friends don't let friends drive drunk campaign.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: All that is essentially saying is friends don't let friends and make poor decisions. Friends don't let friends make poor choices. I don't want friends that's down to ride for whatever. Okay, I want friends that love me enough to say, no, oh, I'm not doing that with you, because it's stupid and if he's gonna get us killed or locked up, and that's exactly what needed to happen in this situation. See, Fernando was seventeen and he was dating a young girl. The news report says a minor. So he's seventeen, so who knows how old the young girl was fifteen sixteen, But that was Booth, that was his cinnamon apple. And he found out that she was cheating on him, so he went and got his friend Christopher, and well, if you want to know what happened next, let's go to ABC thirteen I Winnes News for the report.
Speaker 3: Please Christopher Portillo Luna smiled for the camera and refused to sign his bond conditions. The seventeen year old joining Fernando Amaya behind bars, both accused in the murder of Marco's Cato Torres Torres, who was shot to death last week. The target court record stated, in a love triangle involving Amaya and his teenaged girlfriend, gunfire erupted at the complex on Cook Road on March eighteenth. It was one am. Tours was found dead outside his apartment where today chunks of the wall are missing. According to quote records, Amaya and Luna used an AK style rifle, firing eighty four rounds at apartment two twenty seven, also injuring his roommate inside. Prosecutors revealing a motive. Amaya, it reads quote, threatened to kill himself and as juvenile girlfriend for cheating on him with the male who he later murdered. ABC thirteen reached the victim's sister, who was unaware of any relationship. She said her forty one year old brother is innocent and did not have a social life.
Speaker 2: Now, seventeen year old young man shoots up in an apartment because his girlfriend was cheating on him.
Speaker 1: Ain't no love triangle amongst teenagers. Okay, y'all don't even know what love is.
Speaker 2: And I'm looking at this other article from Law on Crime and it says that he actually killed the wrong man, right, So it's so many teachable moments in this situation. I'm just gonna say some things I thought about when I first heard this story. Number One, why the hell does a seventeen year old have access to an AK style rifle?
Speaker 1: Investigators found eighty four.
Speaker 2: Spent shell casings. Why where did he get this kind of weapon? Okay, I'm all for young people learning how to properly use a firear. But Jesus Christ, at seventeen, if you want to use those kinds of weapons, then you need to be joining the armed forces. Second seventeen year old crashing out over your little girlfriend. You know what my dad told me When I was that age and I wanted to crash out over my little girlfriend, my dad said, and I quote, you got your nose open over that girl, and she got here sleeping with you and probably every other man in Mouth's corner. That's my hometown by the way. Now he was exaggerating, of course, but what he was simply telling me was that little girlfriend, not yours. You seventeen, you know how many more women you gonna meet in your life, Fernando.
Speaker 1: Do you know how many other women would have been out there for you to meet?
Speaker 2: But thank God, these women won't ever get to meet you because you needed help long before this situation.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't know, Fernando.
Speaker 2: He's only seventeen, so it's not a long resume there. But there has to be some type of behavioral pattern that we can look to that show us why he thought it was okay to pull up with an ak style rifle and let off damn near one hundred rounds into an apartment because he wanted to kill whoever his young girlfriend was cheating with, allegedly.
Speaker 1: Now, the last thing that came to mind was Christopher his friend.
Speaker 2: My brothers, you have to tell your stupid ass, crash out friend, no, let that man go throw his life away by his damn self. In fact, I'll go a step further, and I want every young person to feel me when I say this. When you know your soul called friend is about to go do something that is going to, you know.
Speaker 1: Be stupid, you have to tell on them. I'm serious.
Speaker 2: You absolutely positively have to go telling a doubt all right, Fernando Christopher.
Speaker 1: You know when Christopher, well yeah, Christopher.
Speaker 2: When Fernando came to you and said he wants to go kill the man and you know his girlfriend cheating with, You know, Fernando told his girlfriend that he was gonna shoot up the apartment and then kill himself. So if he told his girlfriend that, then I know he told you. You're supposed to tell your friend no, that's stupid. You're going to go to prison for the rest of your life, and you shouldn't be threatening no murder suicide at seventeen years old.
Speaker 1: There is so much life to live, too.
Speaker 2: Many other fishing to see, to be caught, to be crashing out like this at seventeen, and guess what, Christopher, If you think it's too much for you.
Speaker 1: To deal with, then tell an adult.
Speaker 2: Kids, you don't have to bear any of this responsibility from your dumb ass friends who want to make dumb mass decisions.
Speaker 1: Tell an adult. I'm forty six years old.
Speaker 2: I made all those same dumb decisions when I was seventeen, and I was around people making dumb decisions.
Speaker 1: But this is what I wish, you know, I had when I was that age.
Speaker 2: I wish we had friends who would tell us no, and friends who didn't care what we would think.
Speaker 1: Okay, they would tell.
Speaker 2: Adults on our dumb ass That's what I wish would happen in this situation. You know how much I wouldn't have gotten into if I had friends around me willing to tell me no, that's dumb.
Speaker 1: I'm not rolling with that.
Speaker 2: And if I was hell been on doing some dirt myself, they were tell an adult on me.
Speaker 1: I wish, Okay.
Speaker 2: I think about the movie Juice often and I understand it's a movie, but if it was real life, somebody and the cruise should have said, no, I'm not going to rob old man Collis.
Speaker 1: That's dumb. That was C. But Q buckled to the pit pressure.
Speaker 2: If Q hadn't buckled the pit pressure, I don't think Still would have rolled either. But they did, and Bishop ended up killing old man Couillis and then ended up killing Raheem. At that moment, Q and Still were supposed to start telling every adult they knew call the proper authorities. Okay, friends, don't let friends crash out. Now, Fernando and Christopher are both behind bars with bonds over one million dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, and guess what, Fernando, your booth.
Speaker 2: That little girl who you just crashed out over, she gonna be out here still living her life, Dayton, who she wants to date? And you gonna be spending the rest of your life in prison, Dayton, whoever other inmates tell you todate.
Speaker 1: The moral of the story is friends, Okay.
Speaker 2: Real friends will discourage each other from engaging and reckless or foolish behavior. Are from making poor decisions that could lead the negative consequences, or to put it simply once again, friends, don't let friends crash out. Please give Fernando Amaya and Christopher Portillo the biggest he hub.
Speaker 1: That's horrible, crazy, Yes it is. That's horrible man. All right, well, thank you for that. Donkey of the Day, Yes, indeed.
Speaker 2: Donkey Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull Lamb is soft. Don't be a donkey when you need a fighter on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to bull dot com. That's Michael to bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you.
Speaker 1: Get the horns. Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club