Speaker 1: Welcome into the game plan.
Speaker 2: Logan and I sit down with head coach Dan Quinn to look at the outlook of the Commanders as they head into the bye week, and Logan and I look forward to these last four games and how we can get some wins and finish this season strong.
Speaker 1: All that and what on the game plan.
Speaker 2: Welcoming get head coach dan Quinn, What a way to go into the bye week with a win. What is the message to the team as you had into the bye week after such a great win.
Speaker 3: I think for all of us watching, we know what the vision you know of our team of what we can be. And so this play style, the attitude, the identity, the physicality, that's what we want to be. And so by playing fast, by playing physical, by taking care of the ball, by going after it, those are the things that I want to see.
Speaker 1: Every time we play.
Speaker 3: And that's going to be true now and ten years from now and fifteen years from now, and so that ain't ever changing.
Speaker 4: I think that's probably the coaches like paradox is like how do you get the guys to do it? You know what I'm saying, because it's like that's the goal and I know that's the goal, and you know that's the goal, but how do you get the execution there all the time?
Speaker 3: Well, I think number one logan that has to be for the guy next to them, not for any of the coaches. And that's where real connection takes place. And so if you can get that part right and doing it over and over again, that's a big deal. What I noticed for sure was it was lead sled dog time. Yeah, And I felt that from Terry McLaurin, from Wagner, from Ertz, from others, where Okay, this is how it's how we're going to get down And I love that because the best of the best leaders, they're willing to put themselves out there and make sure all the things that we're going to do on the hardest of days, hard practices, out in the wind and the cold, but like.
Speaker 1: We're going to get it in today, and they were all about.
Speaker 2: It and coach, we are heading into the bie cover. There's still games to be placed. When you look at that win, what can you take from that win and game plan to help us in.
Speaker 1: Our next match against the scenes.
Speaker 3: More than anything, we want to make sure that the things that we do well that that carries over having a late buye. I never really talked about it with the team of the buye.
Speaker 1: No one really.
Speaker 3: Cared, you know, and there wasn't much to be gained from that. Hey, in two weeks from now, we're going to have a buy and you're gonna feel great. You're gonna feel great in two weeks. I knew there would be some silver lining on the end of that, and so I just wanted us to go push to work our skills. Can we get better? And if we could do that, even as you're in a struggle, there is you do gain that. And I'd love to say that the progress comes in all the games like yesterday, there's a lot of progress that came in the three weeks prior, and you have to sometimes go through that hard part to see the growth. And yesterday's game you got to feel some of that growth. Although it sucked to go through the hardest part. It is how you come out the other end that is what you can apply into the next game, into the next lap, into the second half of the season.
Speaker 4: Do you have an example, coach of something that you feel like the guys learned from the tough stretch that they were able to apply yesterday and they can care for the rest of the year.
Speaker 3: I would say the line of scrimmage work is the thing that stood out to me the most on both sides, and we would go as far as our big guys would take them on both sides, and knowing how important that is to have balance to be able to play strong at the line of scrimmage. December cold football, we're playing outside. That part has to go Downloagan, and if we could get that part of our game like we want to. I wasn't going to measure the success of the run game and just the total yards. Did we target right, We're our pads down, could we finish blocks, could we move the pile? Those were the things I was looking to measure. It just so happened that Brian set it off early. But I wasn't going to measure on that. I wanted it the intent taking our shots at it. And same thing defensively.
Speaker 1: And Coach, we have to talk about your boy.
Speaker 2: Bobby Wagner continues to make history thirteenth season with one hundred or more tackles. He got that on Sunday. You have a long history with Bobby Wagner. What has been like to see him continue over and over again to.
Speaker 1: Make that history.
Speaker 3: Yeah, consistency, man, it's not the sexiest word, but it is so strong about who you are. And if you know, you'd see many of mornings at six o'clock, and who'd you think you'd see first in the weight room in his wax And so I saw a tackling drill a few weeks ago. I talked about of him over and over again, where he's probably done that ten thousand times, but it was such deliberate practice about how he would bend, try to hit it on the rise, get the rap together. And so consistency for him is just the way he lives. It's not it didn't have to do extra that he's here, but the way that he does. There's a lot of sacrifice that goes into his game. That all of the unrequired work meaning required when you're here, but there's a lot that he does not here, of getting ready, taking care of his body, of watching film and studying, and so all that sacrifice. It takes away from family time. But he also knows he's playing. They'll understand when it gets to the special parts of the season. All that unrequired work, all the extra that he puts in Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I think about him in the same context as like London Fletcher, And I was a rookie when London was in his thirteenth season here, and just how special and how impactful it was to see someone who's been to the mountaintop yep, and it's still playing at a really high level. I know we've talked about it a bunch, but like it just seems like such a huge part in year one to have a guy like that here to just say hey, like this is the way follow me kind of deal, And I just I don't know if you can overstate that kind of importance.
Speaker 3: And how many people can still keep up with him, I know, but.
Speaker 1: They want to what's the workout routine? How do you study?
Speaker 3: They all wanted the information and now it's up to them to apply it, but they wanted to know, like, what's the secret. Well, you're going to be disappointed. And what Bobby has done remarkably is he has raised his floor. So this is where he performs all the time. There's no dips and valleys into his performances. It's consistently good all the time. Like he just doesn't allow himself to dip down into performances that aren't good enough, like he just won't allow it.
Speaker 2: And it's funny Logan mentions his London Fletcher because he's the only other person to have more seasons with one hundred plus tackles. So shout out to London Fletcher. I know they're very close. Now another guy you're familiar with.
Speaker 3: I did see them yesterday in the locker room talking and it made me really proud to see these two linebackers and I thought to myself, how many tackles do these two like they're like it, like, I just saw them talking together and it made me think, like how remarkable the both of them are, and so here they are. They weren't talking as a member of the media or they were just talking as two linebackers, like just two guys that tackle everything and like you know, like.
Speaker 1: Bike, no apologies.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, And it was one of my favorite memories of leaving the locker room yesterday, just seeing these two guys who are elite at what they do, just having a conversation and coach.
Speaker 1: Is interesting.
Speaker 2: You mentioned that because London tweeted today that they he reached out. Bobby reached out to London back in twenty fourteen, just to get advice. When you're a guy like Bobby Wagoner who's just so good that passion, that hunger for knowledge. Man, how special is that when you see a guy like Bobby Wagner that wants to reach out to the.
Speaker 1: Oldest and say, you know what, I want to learn from you, and that's his way.
Speaker 3: Now London paid it forward to Bobby, and Bobby's now doing that to some of his teammates. And that's probably the bigger part of the football brotherhood that most fans don't know about, and how much people are willing to pay their knowledge forward, And it's one of the coolest parts of our game that they get to share the information about it.
Speaker 4: Well. One of the things that I always appreciate when when you're in Atlanta we were there together, was that I felt like you had a knack for that is like that football brotherhood. You know what I'm saying. It is like kind of encouraging guys to do that. And I think that's super special and super important. And why do you think that's so important?
Speaker 3: Anytime anybody's done anything at the highest of levels, you should want to know you know what is? You know what was one thing you know that made a difference in your career? Like why wouldn't you ask Doug Williams, a you know doesn't have to be on the field. Was what was one thing you did that made a difference in your career. I remember, like we were talking about in Atlanta, John Lynch, before he was the GM at San Francisco was doing TVs. Would you come early and spend the morning with Kiki with kind of here was these two physical safeties and what that looked like. And sometimes just all you need to do is make a connection, just connect the dots of people that stand for that kind of football and that brand. And so for us, we're fortunate, you know to have you know, people like Daryl Green that's here by or a guy like Doug or yourself. That's just the ability to ask and the guys that are willing to share that information like that's a really cool thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you're even seeing that on the offensive side with the way that Tera McLain's kind of taking Jaden Daniels others. We and they've made that connection two touchdowns against the Sannessee Signs. We continue to see that connection grow. What have you seen from them and their relationship and how they've been able to work together throughout this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, practice is top of the list. And for the fans that may seem like practice, like how could that be that valuable? You know, we have all these games, But it's the timing, it's the connection, it's the depth of a route. It's knowing where to go if it's man to man and where to sit down if it's a certain coverage, and so that doesn't happen just on and so it has to be an eye contact, a signal, you know, them being in such connection with one another, that's.
Speaker 1: The biggest part of it.
Speaker 3: And they have found that together.
Speaker 4: And one of the things like you know, work with Matt Ryan and work with some other older quarterbacks. So of course of my career is like guys that could basically say like this is the way I see it and communicate that to the you know, the receiver, no matter their level of experience. Have you seen that from Jaden Like his ability to kind of it's leadership, it's charisma, whatever that is. And work that relationship with Terry.
Speaker 3: I see it in the way. Let's stay after, let's go through that again. I should have been you know, those are the responsibilities.
Speaker 1: Yes, and so.
Speaker 3: One of the things that the team admires about Jaden from the very beginning was his ability to be consistently on the details and so knowing where your route was supposed to be, yours was, and so as they were all learning it, it wasn't like everybody else had three or four years of experience in the system before him. He was on the same exact level as everybody else learning it. So they were also asking him, which is a little different dynamic. But he worked at it so hard that they could ask him and he would be able to deliver it with the right hand.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: And coach, we have to talk about Brian Robinson Junr. His impact was felt once again. How important is his game and this running game to our overall offense.
Speaker 3: It's the uh, It's not just the size that's that's part of it as a bigger back, but there's a lot of big backs. It's his ability to either try to you know, run you over or the ability to try to break you off as they're coming down. Into the context of his ability to make the two yard run into four, the five yard run into eight. You know that now it's a first down, it's eight, and then the ability to break a long one like he did to set the whole game off on Sunday. That's an impactful player. And then let's pick up all that went into that. Like I thought, it was a really strong performance.
Speaker 1: Right Brian and coach were heading into the bye week?
Speaker 2: What do you want to see your team achieve, especially a very young team, is such a late by week. What do you want to see them achieved during this by week.
Speaker 1: Number one reset?
Speaker 3: You know, it's been a you know, long stretch for the guys, so it is important to disconnect, even if just for a few days, and then as we come back in Monday, we'll break back to the things we need to improve upon and then we go for it. Man like coming back into the second half of the seasons like going to base camp and you just go for the next one. You go for the next one. And that's what I want to see. But there's a lot of digging I have to do still about what we want to improve upon, but moren anything, coming back as a mindset to go attack and coach.
Speaker 2: I can speak for myself, I can speak for Logan and the fans when I say, we cannot wait to see you guys back on that field. Congrats on the success you've seen thus far, and we can't wait to see the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: We can't either, man, the guys leave them for a week. It's important this time of year there is this over lining. But by the time that week's over, man, we'll be chomping to get back.
Speaker 1: Oh, We're ready. Command is family.
Speaker 2: We know you are enjoying the game plan. However, if you want to see coach and logan Paul said break down plays in the film room, you could check that out on the Commander's YouTube page. Now, Logan, I know we're heading to the buy we However, we still have four games left. So what is a ticket to a win as we close out this season.
Speaker 4: I think the first thing is, let's use this bye we can get healthy, right and this healthy team I think we saw last week first tend to see how physical they can be upfront. I think that's going to be the big driver. Honestly, in my opinion, it's how well the offensive line can play, how healthy b rob can be in terms of getting downhill being physical, Because when you look at when this team is at its best. They run the ball effectively. They got runs targeted effectively, and Coach talked about that when we talked with them. Just the physicality of that group is the thing that's really going to drive this Command is Family. That is your ticket to win.
Speaker 2: Now, we know you'll miss your commanders this Sunday, but we will enjoy our bye week and see y'all next Sunday. For head coach Dan Quinn, Logan Paulsen, and Brian Colbert.
Speaker 1: This is the game plan. Commander is Family.
Speaker 2: You could catch us every Sunday on WSA nine Sunday mornings before your games. This is game plan with Brian cob Junior and Logan Paulson head coach Dan Quinn till next Sunday.
Speaker 1: Command is Family. Yeah,