Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We're joined by Bloomberg's vil Donna Hirich. She joins U here in a studio with Dona. What are you looking at?
Speaker 3: I'm taking a look at IBM shares, of which are dropping some six percent a day after the company reported results that showed strong profit but also suggested the economics, uncertainty and US government cost cuts could be denting its business. So obviously, this has been a theme that we've been discussing over the last couple of weeks, how White House policies are actually impacting companies themselves. So we're seeing more evidence of that. We have the CEO saying that in the near term, uncertainty may cause clients to pause. And obviously IBM has been working to transform itself over the last couple of years. Shares been doing okay up until this point. There are up some twelve percent for the year, so holding up a little bit stronger than the market overall. But we do see shares declining today.
Speaker 2: What about Pepsi?
Speaker 1: It cut its fullier profit out look.
Speaker 3: What are you seeing there?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Shares of Pepsi are down two and a half three percent today. It's lowering its full yer profit outlook, and it's saying it's given the unpredictable US trade policies as well as worsening consumer sentiment, which is driving up costs and denting demands for the company's snacks and soft drinks. Obviously, it's an owner of a lot of brands that we're all very familiar with, and so it gives us a really good good look and a pretty broad view into the state of the consumer.
Speaker 2: Isabelle and Odona? Are you soda drinkers? I'm not partly well, yes, partly a coke versus pepsi. You've got opinion.
Speaker 1: But if I were to choose, I think I like pepsi more. Is that right?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Person?
Speaker 2: But I'm not.
Speaker 3: Can you put ram and pepsi?
Speaker 2: I think you can.
Speaker 1: I thank you.
Speaker 2: John John from the Shore asking can you put rum in your pepsi? I think the answer is yes. American Airlines, what's happening? But it's known as rom and.
Speaker 3: Coke is management PEPSI, I'm sorry. American Airlines shares are down point five percent today. It withdrew its full year earnings outlook, and it's obviously joining a growing number of companies that are saying that unease about the economy is making it difficult to make forecasts and how the rest of the year will be playing out. Last week we had United Air taking a very unusual step in offering dual earnings forecasts, so one for a stable environment and one for reduced one based on the presumption of a recession. So again just coming back to that theme of how policies are actually impacting companies and what they're saying on their earnings reports on how they're seeing things play out.
Speaker 1: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.