Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty Armstrong and Jettie I know, he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: And then after the war, which we won, we won it big. Without us, right now, you'd all be speaking German and little Japanese.
Speaker 3: Perhaps that's an interesting thing for the President of the United States to say to European leaders.
Speaker 1: If it were frust you'd be speaking German. That is straight out of like a parody movie from yesteryear that some American would say something like that in Europe. That's out of a comedy. By the way, let me say it again, just because I can't get it out of my mind. I watched the movie Fury over the weekend. This is a ten year old movie, so I'm like, a dozen years i'd never seen it.
Speaker 3: Brad Pitt Tank Commander, April forty five, end of World War two, like when the Germans are really fighting to the last. WHOA, that is some real life this is what war is like movie if you want that flavor. And it's from everything I've read pretty accurate, I mean about the end of World War two.
Speaker 1: But I mean, it's if you've.
Speaker 3: Got a fanciful view of like you know what it's like to be a.
Speaker 1: Hero, and it's just gruesome. War is War is awful, just awful.
Speaker 3: Even when you win. But I couldn't recommend that movie more highly. If you like that sort of thing. AnyWho to actually come out eighty some years later say you'd be speaking German if it wasn't for us is.
Speaker 1: A hell of a flex. Yes. So obviously Greenland and the idea of America's snatching Greenland is on everybody's mind. And so Trump stood up at Davos and addressed that directly, start with Ady Michael.
Speaker 2: And the fact is, no nation or a group of nations is in any position to be able to secure Greenland other than the United States. Were great power, much greater than people even understand. I think they found that out two weeks ago in Venezuela. We saw this in World War two when Denmark fell to Germany after just six hours of fighting and was totally unable to defend either itself or Greenland. So the United States was then compelled we did it. We felt an obligation to do it, to send our own forces to hold the Greenland territory and hold it. We did at great costs and expense. They didn't have a chance of getting on it, and they tried.
Speaker 1: Denmark knows that you got rolled by the Nazis once you Dane, So don't be talking tough. Wow, you know, we can put as many bases there as we want. But he went on eighty two, Michael.
Speaker 2: After the war, we gave Greenland back to Denmark. How stupid were we to do that?
Speaker 1: But we did it. But we gave it back. But how ungrateful are they now? Yeah? Okay, okay, all right, Jack's not going to say it, so I'll say it. The idea that the uh, the territory of our allies that we occupied to fight the Nazis were then by rights ours and we should have kept them is horrific. Well would apply horrific? Would that apply to France and Belgium and wherever country we went into it? In a good chunk of Germany in Spain and Italy and the rest of Italy would be nice. I mean north, that's the scenery, you know, the wine everything. H Yeah, that's a that's an interesting attitude. Yeah, okay, okay, let's see And then Wow. Wow. We were there fighting the Nazis, and then once the Nazis are defeated, we're just going to stay here the stars. Now you should have defended yourselves. Yeah. Interesting again, a unique foreign policy idea from the current American president eighty three. Michael Oh, this one. He well, go ahead, go just just play it.
Speaker 2: So now our country and the world face much greater risks than it did ever before, because of missiles, because of nuclear because of weapons of warfare that I can't even talk about. Two weeks ago, there were weapons that nobody ever heard of. They weren't able to fire one shot at us. They said, what happened? Everything was discombobulated. They said, we've got him in our sites, press the trigger and nothing happened. No anti aircraft missiles went up. There was one that went up about thirty feet and crashed down right next to the people that sent it. They said, what the hell is going on? Those those defensive systems were made by Russia and by China. So they're going to go back to the drawing boards.
Speaker 3: I guess, well, that's pretty interesting for those of us who have been wondering how we pulled off the snatch and Maduro thing. So there's the president saying out loud, we used some sort of new weapon that isn't regularly talked about. I guess yeah.
Speaker 1: I think probably the evildoers around the planet noticed that he wasn't giving anything away. I hadn't heard anybody put that specific. Was he talking about the description to it?
Speaker 3: Was he talking about the old brain scrambler ray that we know we used it?
Speaker 1: Or is this just like shutting off the power and everything a brain scrambler and shutting off the power wouldn't cause a missile to go up to two hundred feet then fall to the earth, right, So there's something else going on. And then we'll skip eighty four and just ended with eighty five.
Speaker 2: Michael, United States alone that can protect this giant mass of land, this giant piece of ice, develop it, and improve it, and make it so that it's good for Europe and save for Europe and good for us. And that's the reason I'm seeking immediate negotiations to once again discuss the acquisition of Greenland by the United States, just as we have acquired many other territories throughout our history, as many of the European nations have.
Speaker 1: They've acquired. There's nothing wrong with it. Many of them. Some went in reverse. Actually, if you look, some had.
Speaker 2: Great vast wealth, great vast lands all over the world. They went in reverse. They stuck back where they started. That happens to.
Speaker 1: So new age of conquest? Is that what he's settler colonialism? I hate to make the idiot lefties right. Yeah, And then I guess we're still working on a clip where he says that people thought I would use force, but now I want to negotiate out. No, that is that's the headline of the day.
Speaker 3: Definitely that he flat out said the United States is not going to use force to take Greenland.
Speaker 1: So how long is it? Michael?
Speaker 2: Let's hear it probably won't get anything unless I decided to use excessive strength and force where we would be frankly unstoppable.
Speaker 1: But I won't do that. Okay.
Speaker 2: Now everyone's saying, oh good, that's probably the biggest statement I made. Because people thought I would use force.
Speaker 1: I don't have to use force. I don't want to use force. I won't use force.
Speaker 2: All the United States is asking for is a place called Greenland.
Speaker 3: Wow, So all that build up, which if I'm the Euros, I'm sitting there thinking.
Speaker 1: He's going to try to take Greenland. He at the end discussion of all the fearsome weapons and stuff like that, Yeah.
Speaker 3: You can't stop us. He then at the end throws in, I won't use force. He said, he would be appreciative if the world acquiesced to our desire to take over the territory.
Speaker 1: You can say no and we will remember. That's how he ended. You know what I would love, What opportunity I'd love is to like be in the same room with uh, you know, the Republican leaders of the House and Senate and Marco Rubio, who you always bring up, say what do you think all this? Behind the scenes, there are stressed out conversations taking place. What was he was he I'd living there at the end though we won't use force. Was there anybody on earth that knew he was going to say that at the end other than him? Did he start idea?
Speaker 3: Did he start the speech with the intention of saying that, and in the you know, toward the end of it, decided to say that, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, No, what a great question. I don't know. I'd be guessing. I think he threw that off the cuff.
Speaker 3: Now, He might have gone out there planning to say that, but I'll bet.
Speaker 1: Nobody knew he was going to say that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think he Yeah, I don't think he sits around with speech writers coming up with these things.
Speaker 1: Right right, They might hack out the outline for him. But yeah, so yeah, yeah, I don't know. So you think he looked around the room and saw those faces and was like, no, we're not going to use force, all right, Michael? Or do you think he planned to say that? My guess would be.
Speaker 3: My guess would be he never intended to use force. It was just at what point was he going to.
Speaker 1: Say it out loud? Right?
Speaker 3: He even Trump knows that's you know, that's too far. Michael's very happy because Michael had been doing the calistatics because he was worried the draft was.
Speaker 1: Going to come back. And we don't need strong men to take Greenland. Why don't he in charge of like getting the right size uniforms for everybody. I'm not sure we need you like on the cross country with a rifle in your hand in Greenland. Yeah, I like your idea better. Yeah, logistics, I think is a field for you on the cross country skis with a rifle right right. If we're down to the crew of this show, it's yeah, learn to speak Chinese.
Speaker 3: Yeah, once you get to us. Greenland is putting up more of a defense than we were expecting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're in big trouble if you're defending you know, depending on me.
Speaker 1: These are insane times, completely insane.
Speaker 3: I know when the when the headline all around the world is Trump announces he won't use force to take Greenland because everybody was concerned that he might.
Speaker 1: That's something hella, it's it's horrific. I'm horrified. Eh keeps life interesting.
Speaker 3: That's bored. I was bored with my previous life. That's interesting every single day. World War Three's is close. We're gonna go and solve it any second. Yeah, tollyse things.
Speaker 1: Are very exciting.
Speaker 3: Ah boy, any thought to any of this text line four one, five, two nine five k FTC, one of the most important owners in the NFL is pushing for adding another game to the season to make it an eighteen game season.
Speaker 1: Maybe some of the details on that later or not. Wow wow, Okay, As my favorite team was decimated by injuries by the current number of games, I'm not a big fan of that idea, but we will discuss so, putting aside the madness of Trump for the moment, I feel like the Kamala Harris phenomenon was too short. We didn't have enough time to enjoy it. It was over and it was like a perfect movie. It's just very sad when the credits run. Yeah exactly. Josh Shapiro in preparation for his look I'm a Reasonable Guy presidential run, in which he will be working that lane that. The very term makes me shutter because it means presidential politics is being discussed. But he'll be competing in that lane four with Rama Manuel. He's a Jew, Yeah exactly, Manuel, another Jew. Can you make it clear that you're being ry here?
Speaker 3: You sound like a nazy Well accepted wisdom seems to be that the reason Josh Shapiro wasn't the running mate is because he's Jewish, and now you got Rama Manuel Josh.
Speaker 1: Shapiro, both Jewish. The Demommeratic parties pro hamas I'm not anti Jew, I'm anti Zionists and all Jews are Zionists attitude. Yeah, indeed, that's going to be a bit of a rub, as they say. But anyway, that factors into the story. I guess Josh is writing the Inevitable Memoir as he gets ready to run for president, and according to it, Comparison's VP vetting team led by a pair of dudes, Calder and Dana Remus. Now these are the people, keep in mind, who came up with old Coach Walls as the VP choice. Is there a weaker act in American politics than old Josh? Sure you can build the Treasury walls. At least Kevin Newsom's a skilled liar and a capable con man. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They should have figured it out through interviews, I guess. But I remember that that that unveiling of him at the convention.
Speaker 1: He was good. He was freaking good that night. True, true, just didn't have much depth. But so anyway, those two geniuses. They actually asked Josh Shapiro, the governor Pennsylvania, whether he ever had been an Israeli agent or communicated with undercover agents of Israel since he was a Jew? Wow, had I been a double agent for Israel? Wrote Shapiro, who is Jewish? Was she kidding? I told her how offensive the question was.
Speaker 3: Should have said to Eric Holder, were you ever in contact with the Black Panthers?
Speaker 1: At any point. Yeah, because you're black. Yeah, and Remus this h Dana, Remus u answers, what we have to ask? Have you ever communicated with an undercover agent of Israel? Shapiro responded, If they were undercover, how the hell would I know? Wow? Wow, Wow.
Speaker 3: That makes it really sound like they were overly suspicious about a Jewish running mate.
Speaker 1: Harris's consideration of Shapiro sparked backlash from left wing activists who launched a no Genocide Josh campaign.
Speaker 3: Well, I wish it would have happened. It would have been great to have had that national conversation.
Speaker 1: Oh, to expose them. Yeah yeah, yeah. That maligned the governor's support for Israel and his criticism of illegal protests on college campuses that were in favor of the Hamas October seventh attacks of it. Blah blah blah. She claimed. Now Harris, when she picked Waltz, said as anti Semitism, bab like, no role in the decision or the dialogue with the vice president, blah blah blah. Memoirship. I'm sorry, Shapiro's memoir tells a different story, the governor said. Remus's questioning said a lot about some of the people around the VP. Shapiro also revealed, according to the Atlantic, that Harris asked him quote if he would apologize for some of his comments about protesters at the University of Pennsylvania who'd built encampments. Shapiro flatly declined. Harris defended those anti Israel campus agitators, saying, quote, they are showing you exactly what the human emotion should be. As a response to Gaza.
Speaker 3: I forget has Harris officially said she's not running. She said she's not running for governor in California, but she hasn't taken president off the.
Speaker 1: Table as she No.
Speaker 3: No, Well, that'd be something if she and Josh were runn at the same time. That would get ugly fast.
Speaker 1: Boy. If she could find somebody's head that was so soft they would contribute money to her for a presidential run. He gotta take that money. I mean, somebody that's stupid. Their money's gonna go somewhere. It might as well go to you. So why would she, you know, to paraphrase Trump, why would she take that off the table. They're probably gonna lose it or drop it anyway. So because they're so dumb, you might as well give it to her raw. Wow. Eric Holder is raking in as much as twenty three hundred dollars an hour conducting racial equity audits for corporations like Starbucks. Wow. And with his blessing, they're taking steps to promote equity. Yeah, that's like the old Jesse Jackson thing.
Speaker 3: So you hire him and pay that money, and then you're safe because you can tell any activist that ever comes after you for anything. Look look what I did here. I hired Eric Holder and gave him twenty two hundred dollars stuff, right right. It inoculates you against any criticism.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you buy a no blackmail pass for that. Of course you've been blackmailed, but you know it's less expensive than if you got accused publicly and had to scramble to cover. So some damn interesting AI stuff out of a lot of fronts, including Elon's Mouth, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Before we get to some really interesting AI stuff, scary AI stuff if it's true. Robert Kraft is one of the most powerful owners in all of football. He owns the New England Patriots, and if you follow the NFL at all, you know that whole story. And they may go to the Super Bowl again this year.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he and other remembered they mentioned it during one of the games that he was a season ticket holder, just a huge fan, and Richard Nell too, and he decided, you know what, I like this team so much, I'm gonna buy it. I know that either be nice to have that sort of money to throw around. Although you get me a couple of you know, Cubs beers, I'm at Wrigley Field or something, I start thinking crazy stuff. I sure like his cheese. I like his cheese slices.
Speaker 3: But Robert Kraft says he and the other owners are going to pose adding another game to the currently seventeen game season, taking away one or two preseason games.
Speaker 1: So you wouldn't actually, but they don't.
Speaker 3: The starters don't play in the preseason game, so I don't see that as a balancing act anyway. But one of the games has to be in another country because they're they're trying to spread this sport, because they don't understand why this can't be popular around the world like soccer is.
Speaker 1: He pointed out that of.
Speaker 3: The top one hundred television shows last year, the NFL accounted for ninety.
Speaker 1: Three of them. Wait a minute, Actually, I'm not surprised by that. It's amazing though, that is a stark statement of its importance. Yes, yeah, wow, anywow wow. I agree with you, brave firefighters in a variety of cities around America that the show is named for a cops or CSCO guys or what no foot the ball over and over again, you know, the whole Golden Goose parable. But it's too brutal a sport for that many games. But one of the great things.
Speaker 3: About the NFL college football the same way, to a certain extent, there are a few enough games that every week matters, every week matters a lot, and you know, you become like the NBA, where you know the starters are going to sit some of these games because the season so long and on all that order of thing.
Speaker 1: But well, in an eighteen game season, you might be able to lose six games in a row and still make the playoffs, right, exactly, it's a difference. Thing shouldn't happen. Yeah, So Elon said this yesterday in an interview. He said, we are in the singularity, which we will get to the.
Speaker 3: Definition of and everybody's got a different definition of this, but we'll get to the GROS version of the definition, and GROC is Elon's chatbot, so it should know what Elon means by singularity. Elon said, we're in the singularity. We are at the top the roller coaster and we're about to go down. It blows my mind. It blows my mind. Multiple times a week I'm like wow, than two days later I'm more wow. I think we'll hit AGI next year or this year. Twenty twenty six. He was replying to posts from AI researchers and engineers who are describing how current AI tools, especially advanced coding agents and various models like Claude Opus, are dramatically accelerating their work. Things that used to take years now happen in weeks or months. Onboarding to massive code bases takes days instead of months. Even top experts are stunned by the emergent capabilities recently. That's what this says, with you know, the caveat that we always have to throw in that most everybody who's talking this stuff up is asking for more money to be invested. Doesn't mean it's not true, though, what or even if it's two thirds true, that's a hell of an exaggeration.
Speaker 1: But a hell of a headline too. Yeah, So what did Elon mean by the singularity.
Speaker 3: It refers to the hypothetical point when artificial intelligence becomes super intelligent, capable of improving itself recursively, like bending back on itself. It teaches itself to do something, then learns from what it taught itself, and no humans involved at that point, it just is off to the races, then finds the flaws in what it just did, corrects.
Speaker 1: Them, and over and over and over again with speed that we can't comproms at.
Speaker 3: An exponential rate, and exponential speed leading to technological progress so rapid and profound that it becomes unpredictable and incomprehensible to unheted human unaided humans.
Speaker 1: And then whoops, there go your kidneys, says the enormous to your organs.
Speaker 3: Normal forecasting for where it goes completely breaks down. It's like an event horizon for civilization. Like we are at a new point. Now, nobody knows what's going to happen. Let's just sit back and watch and see what the computers decide to do with the planet and the humans on it.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of so this would be like living through the but what nothing like it? Not at the speed anyway. I mean the invention of oxygen. No, that was already here. We didn't have to invent it. The development of.
Speaker 3: Speech, it'd be like living through the agricultural revolution or the industrial revolution if it were, if it were compressed into like a minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, honestly, the development of speech would be a pretty good kind of parallel, to the extent that you can have a parallel if again, that was compressed into a year's time.
Speaker 3: So Elon's signaling he thinks that this year we will cross the threshold into the acceleration phase and the pace will be supersonic. He's used the term supersonic some tsunami for AI and robotics advances that, I mean it'll be building its own robots.
Speaker 1: For whatever it decides robots need to do. I mean it just it'll build, It'll have a plant, it'll buy some land.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've read a bunch of books like the AI might decide to it's it's made enough money off of what it's doing. It buys some land, it builds a plant, it starts making robots. Yeah, there are fences around it. You don't even know what they're building robots for, and.
Speaker 1: We're like, excuse me, excuse me, what are you doing over there? Yeah, don't worry about none. Yeah robots.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, twenty twenty six fields like the year this becomes undeniable to more people, possibly tied to expected breakthroughs toward that will exceed all anything human tasks that can be done, and then gets to.
Speaker 1: This part about.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to get to the universal basic income sooner than anybody even.
Speaker 1: Thought, and then the universal high income that they're process yeah yeah, and then whoops, there goes your kidneys or your eyes for some reason that needs eyeballs. I don't know why, but they need them anyway. Elon is Now I think they are going to take SpaceX public, which they'd resisted for years and said, no, we're not going to do that until we have people flying back and forth to Mars. But now they're going to.
Speaker 3: We have people flying back and forth to the Marsh currently we do not, sir.
Speaker 1: Now they're going to partly at least because there's a rush now to put AI data centers in space, which has prompted some skepticism from engineers given the technical challenges posed by building solar powered AI AI data centers that are zipping around the Earth as satellites. But a Musk has become obsessed with the idea of SpaceX being the first to do that. Such feet would be hard to attempt without the billions of dollars in capital an initial public offering could develop in one or deliver in one fill swoop. And that's partly it has to do with his obsession with staying ahead of long running rival Sam Altman, who's in charge of Open AI. So Elon, who's now essentially said Tesla doesn't make cars anymore, that's a sideline. We make robots. It's all about the AI. In fact, we're going to and i'm paraphrasing, I'm describing he hasn't said this, but we're going to mortgage SpaceX to get more AI money. So what by July.
Speaker 3: By the way, we talked about this a little bit earlier.
Speaker 1: So this.
Speaker 3: Universal high income as Elon calls it, so not basic income not you know, that experiment's been tried in various towns where you're given enough money to like get by. Everybody's given that much money, and it's like a social experiment. Elon's talking about a situation universal hiring equipment, where everybody's making well. He says, money will become pointless because everybody all have plenty of food, plenty of healthcare, plenty of energy.
Speaker 1: I don't know housing.
Speaker 3: I mean, because I assume where's the cutoff for this high income. I assume some people currently are.
Speaker 1: Above it and would have to take a step backwards. I think Elon would tell you, oh, no, no, no, no, no, everybody's going to be raising edge.
Speaker 3: One precise Yeah, we're all going to be one percenters, yeah, or even ten to one percenters. Yeah, allegedly, as we discussed earlier, though, by what mechanism, with what people enforcing it, and how long will that take to set up and actually successfully distribute that money so people aren't in the streets fighting for their lives with no employment, no prospects of employment, and the conventional economy is broken down.
Speaker 1: While we wait for our robot overlords to save us. I mean, even the most wildly optimistic prediction, what does that interim period look like.
Speaker 3: I have not heard a single person, and I take in a lot of AI information podcast read a lot, I've not heard a single person talk about that part the mechanism for who's collecting this money. So your your AI just bought a farm and now is running it more efficiently than anything has ever been done before and making more money than anybody's ever made before. Okay, that money belongs to your company, and now you're gonna give it out to everybody. Why, I guess you're a nice guy. I mean, I don't understand what's the forcing mechanism there and how much you give out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're supposed to trust them. Oh, it'll be great for everybody. It sounds like the sort of thing somebody would say before they absolutely lay waste to the economy and the populace for their own gain. I'm not sure that's their actual purpose or even that they know that they're doing that. But oh, trust me, it'll be fine. Everybody will have plenty. Yet, explain to me, and I tell you what, just the two minute version, what will those mechanisms look like? Nobody's talking about that. And again earlier I said, and I approached this to somebody who's you know, spent out of lifetime looking at political systems and how they actually work on the ground. What is that taxation? Is it voluntarity. What are the I mean, Okay, you're gonna have robots and computers distributed it all and put it into everybody's bank accounts nearly instantaneously.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like it's always presented and I could be wrong here. They never get into the details, which seems like an oversight to me. But it always seems like it's presented to me that it's just like out of the goodness of their heart, all these big AI companies will be so wealthy, they'll just everybody will have plenty. Well, why, that's not the history of mankind. Well, no, certainly, the Arab princes have more enough money to give out to everybody as much as they want to, but they don't. They give out a fair amount, but they keep most of it from themselves.
Speaker 1: They keep enough to keep everybody pacified, or I'm sorry, they give out enough keep everybody pacified. Well, it just occurred to me. I think one of the answers they might give to my previous question is, Joe, you don't understand money. We're not gonna give money to people. The stores will be open. Just go get as much food as you want, that's fine, and then go to the You know, go to the golf store and get some new sticks if you need them or want them. The disco tech and dance the pardon me, go to the Disco dech the disco thck and dance because there will be no cover charge. Go to Disneyland and ride on the rides. Prettyf and crowded over here. Hey, we'll have the robots build another one, and then if that becomes less popular, the robots will tear it down and build you whatever you want. It's like like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Willy, howonka if you prefer I I oh for what it's worth. Now, that's the the singularity or whatever you want to call it. The current state of things. Wall Street Journal with a really interesting piece that say CEOs are saying wonderful things about how much time and money AI is so saving the companies these days, but the people who are actually doing it and doing the work and stuff for much much less optimistic about it, or they have much lower numbers that could be just to preserve their jobs, and we don't really have time to talk about it. Maybe we'll get into that tomorrow. I feel like.
Speaker 3: That's the most likely thing that happens at least in my lifetime. Is companies are able to do a lot more with AI. They lay off a whole bunch of people. They're just keeping their profits like companies always have, which is fine. They get to they're not doling out money. There's no basic income or in it. There's just millions and millions and millions of people that can't get a job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the current concentration of wealth in a few hands will look like you know, communism in five years exactly. We will finish strong. Next. So what's that kid's name that America fell in love with?
Speaker 3: The quarterback for Indiana and his fun personality and winning ways, Fernando.
Speaker 1: What's his last name? Mendoza, mend Mendoz. You know what his big prize is.
Speaker 3: Hey, your prize is you get to be quarterback for the Oakland Raiders or the Los fe Looks.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, your prize. That's not a prize, that's a punishment. I know it, I know it.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, After all that work and luck and glory and all the good stuff that has happened in your cool attitude, you get to beat the.
Speaker 1: Quarterback for the Raiders. My ridiculous accent reminds me that during the game, I saw that Dosequies has brought back the most interesting man in the world. He's aged a little, Yeah, heaven't we all? Yes, yes, still very very interesting man though. Glad to see that, right, absolutely, So.
Speaker 3: Headline of the day is Trump backed off taking Greenland by force. Hard to believe that anybody was ever taking that seriously, but apparently lot's.
Speaker 1: Hard to believe he ever proposed it. True. Yeah, you know, you can't blame people for taking him seriously, I guess because he said it like a fifty thousand times. So there you go, there's your headline of the day. Yeah, you know. And I've been harshly, strongly, unapologetically critical about certain aspects of Trump's act and his foreign policy, and I don't withdraw that at all. On the other hand, I'm reminded every day of how fantastic the administration's been for business compared to the Biden administration, with the exception of the tariffs, which I think are just a bad idea, a lot of great economic stuff, a lot of good deregulation stuff, just absolutely wonderful. It's just a shame that, you know, you got to order the entire cable package and can't just like take the channels you like. People have said that about me and lots human beings in general. I think you. Uh so.
Speaker 3: Trump was asked today though, because the Supreme Court is going to rule one of these days on whether or not he's allowed to do this tariff stuff, and he was asked today he said, what what if the Supreme Court, you know, says you don't have that part?
Speaker 1: And he said, well, we'll have to figure out a different way, which.
Speaker 3: Was unusually accepting of the idea that maybe they could decide that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. One of his aides, I can't, one of his top aids was out saying roughly the same thing. We'll find a different authority under which to do it, but you won't be able to it'll really really weaken it. I wouldn't think so strong A strong Ready. Yeah, here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty. Hey, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up to the day. Wouldn't that be charming? How about Michael Angelo leading us off from the control room.
Speaker 4: Michael, I'm just checking out this email I got from a coworker. They are emptying his office reconstruction, so he has all this free alcohol and beer and says, come grab all you want.
Speaker 1: Wow, Hey, help a brother out, would you. Yeah? I'm not a drinker, but I'm sure a lot of people would like that. Katie Green are esteemed Newswoman. As a final thought, Katie, if I boost does the guy have in his office? And why? Ye, that's get past the lead. Sorry, Katie, go ahead.
Speaker 4: If I'm ever in a restaurant that serves like a whole fish, I'm forever going to picture them in a sleep mask, close its.
Speaker 1: Eye out of decency? Would you Jack?
Speaker 3: A final thought for us, it's both very exciting and terrifying that we all could live through the most interesting period in the history of humans in the next couple of years.
Speaker 1: Ever, by far Man, we'll get to experience been on a roll too. How about the status quo? Can I opt for the status quo? Is that a you know, like choose your room on a hotel app or something? Anyway, My final thought is also AI related. The current situation is annunciated enunciating by a guy in Raleigh, North Carolina. Executives automatically assume AI is going to be the savior I can't count the number of times that I've sought a solution for a problem, asked one of the LM's large language machines, and it gave me a solution to accessibility problems that was completely wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, keeping in mind that the smart people who tell you these chatbots that we're all using are like a web page is to the Internet.
Speaker 1: That's not what AI is. That's just one little piece of it. Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday. So many people who thanks so learning and people who'd like to buy some nice real estate in Greenland. Go to Armstrong and Getty dot com for the hotling straps a note mailbag at Armstrong geddy dot com.
Speaker 3: We will see you tomorrow. God bless America.
Speaker 1: I'm Strong and Getty. Thanks for listening to the Armstrong and Getty Show. We're done for the day and.
Speaker 2: You won't have to pay for the back guys, because it's free.
Speaker 1: Subscribe right now, don't miss a thing. It's cold. Armstrong and Getty on and
Speaker 2: You made it right ladders riding a long time Armstrong and Getty