Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Let you.
Speaker 1: You'll more Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, then iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 2: We are back for another episode of Parenthood, and this is season one, episode six, the Big Oh.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So before we jump in, here's the synopsis of the episode. Christina's constant worrying begins to take a toll on her relationship. Meanwhile, Max starts with a new young behavioral aide who might just be what he needs. Sarah finds herself torn as she considers going on a date with her daughter, Amber's teacher, and Crosby struggles to find the right moment to tell his parents about your bar. The one thing missing from this synopsis is Julia and Joel.
Speaker 1: But here's the question. Are you mad at Joel? Are you okay with Joel? How are you feeling? M I know because Joel didn't do anything, but I have I have some opinions.
Speaker 3: I go back and forth because.
Speaker 1: Joel stopped it. He stopped it.
Speaker 3: He did tell her, but he also didn't.
Speaker 2: He told her after being confronted versus telling her up front.
Speaker 1: Here's my problem. He stopped it. I believe him. I don't think anything happened between him and Raquel is satur name Raquel Raquel. Ok, she's so kissy, kissy, flirty, flirty. Still it's like she tried to make out with him one night. He says, no, but it's not like she stopped being flirty, flirty, kissy, kissy.
Speaker 3: You're right, you are one hundred percent right.
Speaker 1: That's my problem.
Speaker 3: There are many there are many.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't even know where to begin with this topic because there's a lot to dissect. I worry a little because he did not say anything to his wife, and she had her reservations about her and told him about it, and he basically was like, there's nothing to stop you know whatever.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, there was something. There is something. There is an issue.
Speaker 2: So I worry about that because he was essentially trying to brush it under the rug when there was actually an issue there. Right, So that is part number one, Part number two. Look, I'll give it to her. Julia is being really freaking cool in this situation, and like I would have I would have.
Speaker 3: Done what she originally intended to do. Sorry, our friend Ken, I would.
Speaker 1: Have been so harsh to the daughter, like it would have been she's excruciating.
Speaker 3: She's six. I totally agreed with her. She's six. She can buy another friends, like.
Speaker 2: She can buy another friends, she can what is more important?
Speaker 1: Friend? I kind of agree with what she did.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I think it's very big of her and and that is the right route to go. That is being in the bigger person. I'll give that to her. But like, if you are going to choose that route, Like, personally, I would have gone up to Racol and said, I know what you did, don't do that again.
Speaker 1: Totally. That's the thing. If you want her.
Speaker 3: To be if you want our kids to be friends, don't do that again. Don't do that again.
Speaker 2: And if you do it again, you're to blame that our friends, that our friends are no longer friends.
Speaker 3: That's like I I would have made it known.
Speaker 2: I would have made it known and no, we're coming over my house, stay away. Your daughter can't get you the door, and you leave. That's personally what I would do. What would you do in that situation? Like would you have done?
Speaker 3: I feel like you would have done what Julia did.
Speaker 1: First of all, I don't like confrontation. I know it seems like I do but I don't. I actually don't. I think I would have been like, kids can be friends. I'm gonna just be chill. I think what I would do is some subtle snide comments. I feel like that's what I would do. Like you're thinking, Deraquel, let's back it up. Back it up, girl, Raquel.
Speaker 3: I need to talk to you and need to talk to today. Quel.
Speaker 2: Listen, this is what I know. I know what happened. You're trying to pull a fast one. I mean, guess what. It's not happening.
Speaker 1: First of all, Danielle, what you act so tough? You would not do that.
Speaker 2: I would do it. No, no, no, no, here's the thing. Here's the thing. You're all about the friends being friends. Great, I get that. That's very sweet. By the end of the day, what's a jeopardy is a relationship of that daughter for her parents, right, So like, does she want to have the best friend or does she want to parents that are together.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, she wants the parents that are.
Speaker 1: Together, totally. I'll give it to you. I give it to.
Speaker 2: Protect the most important thing, and in that scenario, the most important thing are the parents.
Speaker 1: Respect. I respect it. You are correct, but it would be a tough situation. It's just, oh, now you hate Raquel, Wow, you hate her.
Speaker 3: Now I do. But she's good for the story.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, she's good for the story. She needs to stay because you know why her marriage is bad is because they bring their kid on date night. I know, I know, like Juliet was right, she's like, what, Mack's our kid?
Speaker 4: Here, kid eats vog wah or whatever she said.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about my favorite part of the whole episode. Her name is Minka Kelly. Her name is Minka Kelly. I know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I didn't remember.
Speaker 1: That Minca shows up so quick. I didn't realize she's for some reason, I thought she was like season two three, Oh real quick. She is great.
Speaker 3: She's so, she's here, She's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: She seems like she's gonna help solve a lot of issues with Max.
Speaker 1: She totally befriends uh Monica Potter, whose name I cannot get. Christina now straight Christina. I love the whole thing. I love the way that they bond. I love the way that Christina felt awful at first, Like you really feel that that she's like sad, like it's going so well but she's sad by it, like I tried this a thousand times and I couldn't do it. Yeah, that would be super hard as a mom. That's why it's like they really cover the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, because as a mom, you feel like, or really anyone that takes care of a child, you feel like you know what they need at all times and sometimes and it takes somebody who's not there every day to actually tell you what you need right and like how to do things with your how to how to fix things with your child.
Speaker 3: And so I think she's coming to terms with that. And you see that in.
Speaker 2: The one scene where you know they're hanging out with Max and she goes, oh do you want do you need this?
Speaker 3: Do you need that? Oh?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, don't do that because he won't respond well to it. And Mina Minka Kelly's character was like and she's.
Speaker 1: So chill though she's not like yeah, not like, calm down, mom, let me do my thing.
Speaker 2: She's like, no, no, okay, let him try, let him you know, and sometimes you just need that.
Speaker 3: I love the relationship.
Speaker 2: I love that it's stemming just like beyond backs and actually into you know, Christina and Adams sex life, which is you.
Speaker 1: Know, find out that Christina sometimes is a faker faker.
Speaker 3: She's a faker faker.
Speaker 1: He's so like, not happy about it though.
Speaker 2: I know, but I do find it interesting, like that she confides in this person who's here to help.
Speaker 1: Her, so totally bond. It's so good. And what does she say to her relaxed?
Speaker 3: And Adam's like, you told her about ours?
Speaker 1: What did you tell her?
Speaker 2: Like it was just oh gosh, you could just see that, like actually be a conversation with the writers pulled that from somebody.
Speaker 1: So I think a lot of girlfriends talk about things that the husbands would be like what, But they're not like like husbands. You always hear like maybe boys more like talk about things. I don't know, like in a more Oh, I don't know how to explain it. You have the impression that boys might say inappropriate things, but I think boys say nothing, whereas girls they yeah, whereas girls all together they're not inappropriate, but they definitely talk about it.
Speaker 3: If I had a dollar for every time my husband has said, oh, this friend broke up with his girlfriend, Oh my god, what happened? Why did they tell you? Why? They broke up. I thought they were getting engaged this year. I'd be like, I don't know, it just didn't work O.
Speaker 2: What Like if it was a girlfriend of mine, I would know exactly what happened.
Speaker 3: I would know what they did with the ring.
Speaker 2: I would know, you know, like who's whose fault it was, and you know all that stuff.
Speaker 3: And my husband was like, together, I don't know, I just didn't work out. I'm like, what do you mean to worry out? You to ask questions? No, he's really upset. I just I just I was listening. Screw you give me the juicy details, dude, I need the juicy details.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, but it's very girl friendy to like open up like, hey, this is happening. What should I do?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 1: Also girlfriendy to be like, he texted me this mean yeah, And then girls just spent eight hours dissecting it. No one knows, no one knows what it means.
Speaker 3: Should we talk about Crosby and Jabbar? I thought that was very sweet.
Speaker 1: There's nothing I loved more than the grandparents meeting Jabbar.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Well, and just you know, first of all, he takes them to the line first. He can't do it whims out. Then they go to the diner and they're like, are you okay? They're so worried, and then they're so happy.
Speaker 3: They're so It's one of those things.
Speaker 2: That it just makes you feel so so good when that happens, because it is a situation in which maybe not all parents or not all relatives would be fully accepting of right or just or comfortable with right off the bat. You know, some people would just need time to adjust that their son has a kid that they haven't known about for five years, you know whatever.
Speaker 1: You know what I love. It's the elephant in the room. And I'm going to say it. Yeah, they don't care that he's not the same race as them at all.
Speaker 2: I know, I know that that is true. I mean, and the first thing that the mom.
Speaker 1: Said was or that he's mixed race. I should say, yeah.
Speaker 3: The first thing that the mom says is he has your smile.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh, because don't They say does he look like you?
Speaker 3: And he goes, yes, he does, yes.
Speaker 1: And you know what he does? And I just love the way they they don't they're not they don't have to be on the nose with it. They don't have to overtly address it or comment on it. We got it, we got it, we got it. And then the bike, the bike comes out.
Speaker 2: But even before the bike that they were like, you can call me grandma, you can call me grandpa.
Speaker 3: And then it's just it was just it was one of those things that you literally felt so good, so good about one.
Speaker 1: The way they handled it, the way every and it's very how they would it. Tracks.
Speaker 3: Yes, I agree.
Speaker 2: I agree. So Camille and and and Zeke, we love you. You guys get the Grandparents Awards of the of the week.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know what I want to talk about. There's not a lot of Amber or the kids as much because oh oh yes or no? Check yes or no.
Speaker 3: Jason, it wasn't yes or no, it was multiple choice.
Speaker 1: The Amber has a crush on the teacher.
Speaker 3: I know. I taken there.
Speaker 1: It's taken Max Medina and Laura La to an entirely new level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they saw the gim One Girls storyline. They're like, we're gonna one of that.
Speaker 1: Rory never had a crush on Max Medina and clearly Amber she likes the teacher. It's not weird. It's not like.
Speaker 2: Staying late at school and doing an extra credit. Amber does not do that.
Speaker 1: She wants to do that paper or whatever he's doing. Oh, it's going to be real bad when she finds out that the mom is dating the teacher.
Speaker 3: It's just what did you think? I look, you can cut the sexual attention with a knife. I thought it was incredibly hot that he came to the bar and was like, look, basically, I like you, I want to take you on a date? Can you know? Can you so the question essentially.
Speaker 1: And she's so the way she underacts oh, but she's smiling, it's so good. And then she's like, oh, oh, goes back to her job.
Speaker 3: I mean, and well, let's not forget that they that they kiss.
Speaker 1: I know, I know at the end he comes back. She says, it's complicated, he comes back.
Speaker 2: It's so good, and then she does the yes, and he says that's the right answer. And then you just feel it, you feel the butterflies, you feel all of it, and I'm in great acting, great acting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jason Rider is like an underrated amazing actor. Like I think people know he's a good actor, but I don't think they realized like he's a great actor. Maybe he's having his moment now on Matt Lock, but uh wow, it's so he is just perfect, perfectly cast. Oh so good.
Speaker 2: What did you make of the ending of the show where Crosby's doing the puppet show and and you see Raquel and Julia standing next to.
Speaker 1: You tid it. I liked it because she sees this two that her daughter and her friend Raquel's daughter with the arm around, and she goes she decides, I'm going to sacrifice what I want for what my daughter needs. And I'm like, that is great.
Speaker 2: And then Christina and Adam have really good sex. My favorite is when he's like, was that good?
Speaker 3: Are you sure? And she's like, I haven't felt this good in two months. She's all, be quiet, be quiet, it's so good.
Speaker 1: It's such a great show. Am I right?
Speaker 3: Like you know it's fabulous? Honestly it is. It is so great. It is so if.
Speaker 1: You're not watching Parenthood from fifteen years ago? When was it out two thousand and ten, twenty ten, fifteen years ago, you should be like, if you're listening to us, watch it. Watch Parenthood. It's so good.
Speaker 3: No, it is really good.
Speaker 1: It's very good.
Speaker 3: Now there is like go girls, tie it in from our producers that I feel like I should read.
Speaker 1: We talked about it, isn't it the teacher stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I didn't put it together Max Medina and the Amber's teacher.
Speaker 3: They're both English teachers.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, yeah, right, fine, fine, nice little that's good good fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so same same subject, school subject.
Speaker 1: Really good job, good job, good job, crackstaff, good job. So I don't remember how we end the Braverman's Out, Braverman's Out.
Speaker 3: We didn't read the episode though. Did you want to read the episode? Oh?
Speaker 1: Of course I did. Nine point and seven five. Like, I could give them all tens, but I'm just holding back so that I don't just seem like I'm a loosey goosey with my tens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this was a nine to four to me.
Speaker 2: It is my most rating, not because of content, not because of content, it's just there.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of good stuff in this, really good. But the last episodes were like, you know, like, ok, yeah, but this was this was I have not rated lower than a nine to four. You guys, that's that's how good this thing is.
Speaker 1: Quick shout out. I saw Michae O'Malley on something and I wanted to remember to tell you that he was doing fine because I saw my he's doing fine. What did I see? I'm very worried.
Speaker 3: About Michael Malley, you know what I need to do.
Speaker 1: That or something. I was watching and I'm like, Oh, there's Mike O'Malley. He's all good. What was it? I don't remember if it was something old or new, And now I have to go to his.
Speaker 3: IMDb and that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 1: I can jog the old noggin.
Speaker 3: Oh man, what did I just see him?
Speaker 1: Docsey, thank you so much. I think maybe it was stock Odyssey. It was it was okay, Thank goodness. This is why IMDb helps me so much. Does Michael Malley come.
Speaker 3: Back one more episode?
Speaker 1: So anyway, Josh Jackson, I feel like you're a fan. Are you a Dawson's Creek fan? No?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: But anyway, so Josh Josh Jackson Pacey has a new show, Doctor Seat, which I watch, and he thinks maybe he's going to leave the ship and just go back home and be a doctor in his hometown. And Michae O'Malley is a doctor who like runs the hospital, and I was like, oh, Michael Malley, you're getting work. I'm glad.
Speaker 3: Michael Malley is doing fine after being dumped at the coffee shop.
Speaker 2: He's doing all right, all right. Well, Braverman's officially out.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody's altoget. Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.