Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and now he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: What we're seeing is arguably the largest ever conflict in the Middle East, with eleven countries that have been hit by Iranian missiles or drones that, as Israeli officials tell me that they believe they'd run, still has about twenty five hundred ballistic missiles which the US and Israel are systematically working to destroy.
Speaker 4: Largest conflict ever in the Middle East. And now that's saying something. Arianna has struck eleven countries.
Speaker 1: Doctor Jeff mccauslan joins us to discuss the conflict unfolding in the Middle East. Jeff, of course, CBS News Military consultant, Jeff, how are you, sir?
Speaker 5: Very busy, guys afraid of I'll bet this.
Speaker 2: Has unfolded, I'd imagine.
Speaker 1: So, so, what are your impressions of the conflict as it's taken shape so far?
Speaker 5: Well, again, this is, first of all, is a war of choice, not a war of necessity. I still think the administration has been able to provide an answer to what was the imminent threat that required this to go down when it did. Now, there's no doubt there's been continued conflict between the Iranians and the United States since nineteen seventy nine when the revolution occurred, but that still doesn't explain why things occurred. Right now, there's no evidence have been preparing for an attack. There's no evidence that they were that close to creating a nuclear weapon. They were trying to recover that, but even our Secretary of State so they were no longer enriching nuclear material. And this whole question of regime change seems to be one that the administration is very unclear about. They certainly want to reduce Iran's ability to project threats in the region blisting missile capabilities. They certainly want to ensure that IRNS does not moved towards a newcure weapon. But the President said, we're going to accept established conditions whereby the Iranian people could rise up and take over the government. Now I can see, as an old military guy, how you can use military force to destroy the blistic missiles, and I can see how you can use military force to grade their NUCRI capabilities. I don't see how you can use air power and naval power alone to affect that type of a political transformation on the ground. And then, of course the last thing I would say, of course, the war is escalated vertically with more and more attacks on Iran, and as you guys suggested, has escalated horizontally now to include eleven countries across the region. It also is expanded by the Israelis and now have attacked hets flow on Lebanon. And of course we're seeing the stock markets Royal and the aftermath, and we've seen the price of oil go up to about eighty five bucks a barrel as essentially the Straits of Horror moves. We're about twenty percent of all oil and natural gas passes through to the globe have effectively been shut down, whether the Iranians can do that militarily or it's just shut down because of fears by maritime countries for the safety of their tankers and crews or even insurance costs. Until does matter that particularly area has been shut down, which will continue to affect the global economy in greater and greater fashion as the days go on.
Speaker 4: So why do you think Iran attacked all those countries near them? How is that supposed to help them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think that was frankly a strategic era on their part. I think what they thought was that those countries, once attacked, would then put pressure on Washington to try to seas and desist, bring this to a close, and allow the regime, albeit bruised in Iran, to survive, because for them, this is an existential moment. I think the reverse has happened, and in fact, what they have done is really solidify opposition the region to Iran. And you'd understand that there's no love loss between the Iranians and all of these sticker countries in the Middle East. The monarchies in the Gulf facuities qataris, Amortis, Kuwaitis, et cetera, have long been opposed to Iran. They are Sunni countries. Largely, Iran is almost solely a she Eite country around since the revolution in nineteen seventy nine, it's been trying to export revolution so called political Islam across the region, a threat to those monarchies. The Saudis believe they have tried several times to incite Shea heights in the eastern provinces where Sali oil is. They've attacked Saudi Arabia before, of course, in terms of in twenty nineteen Saudi oil refineries, so there's no.
Speaker 2: Great love loss.
Speaker 5: But I think they thought that the Iranians, that this would cause the United States to be pressured to restraint, and so far, at least the opposition the opposite.
Speaker 1: Is, i'd say, doctor Jeff mccauslon online from CBS News, Jeff, I've got to admit I see things a little differently than you. I see a malign regime that has spilled more American blood than any other over the course of decades. So just no sign of reforming, has no popular support among its people, in which is by hook or by crook, desperately trying to develop nuclear weapons. And you know that the in terms of the urgency to act, the one argument I've heard that's somewhat compelling is that Israel saw an irresistible opportunity and that the when the Iranians counter attacked Israel, they would hit all of our bases and hit them hard. Therefore, we said to our ally, Okay, now is the time, let's do this.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, there's a lot of bad there's a lot of bad countries around the world. I mean North Korea comes to mind, and they have the ability to actually strike us with a nuclear weapon potentially, so and frontmore, You're exactly right. There's been a lot of bloods built in the Iranians, who certainly I have a autocratic, despicable regime. I mean no tears for the Iotola, for sure. But the question is how and the win. And it seems to me if you go back to two thousand and three, which is the imperfect metaphor, Bush made the case to the United Nations or why Iraq was a threat. The entire State of the Union in two thousand and three was devoted to the American people explain to them why this was going to have to occur. He created a coalition of the willing of forty eight countries that were participating initially from the very onset, and that took your conflict. And of course he enmasked a major force in the region, not air in naval, but also ground to affect that. Then mister Trump made no attempt to argue this in the nation. He spent three minutes on it during his State of the Union address, did not go to Congress. Bush went to Congress and got seventy seven Senators to vote in favor. So they had the entire American people behind this, which I think could have strengthened mister Trump's efforts in this regard. And then finally, of course, it seems to me the tails wagon the dog here. I understand the Israelis were going to might want to attack, but they're the junior partner in this allif so, I didn't know that we were going to allow major decisions on going to war and major decisions on the American foreign policy to be made by Benjamin Nette Yahoo in Jerusalem, as opposed to being made in Washington.
Speaker 2: So I've got a military question.
Speaker 4: I keep hearing that the aircraft carriers can only sit there for a certain amount of time before they can't just sit there. What's the story on that? How long can they sit there? And why can't they sit there?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not a navy guy, but you can sustain those things for a long period of time. I mean, take the USS gerald Ford operating now in the Eastern Mediterranean. It left Port on its current operation in June of last year, so it's been under way for about eight months or more. It was in the eastern Mid it went to the Caribbean, of course, for the strikes on Venezuela and Colombian drug boats coming out there in the operation to take down Maduro. Now has returned to the Eastern med The record, as I understand it for a carrier operation in the modern age is about ten months or so, and if they get into May, then the gerald Ford will cross that line. But it seems to me up until that point at least, so these can be operated pretty and definitely, all that being said, over time, of course, maintenance becomes a major problem with the ship and the aircraft, and you've got to sustain it. And an operation like this underscores, if you will, that old adage for World War Two, that strategy intact exits for amateurs and logistics and sustainment is for professionals.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which, how concerns should Americans be about our stockpile of armaments after arming Ukraine in particular, and then this conflict because our manufacturing base is not what it used to be from what I understand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it has up a good bit since the Ukrainian War began, But you're exactly right, there is a concern. I've seen that voice by experts in varying side. Administration said no, no, no, we have plenty of weaponry, but of course the total arsenal is classified. But I'm sure people depending on are very worried about the fact that, of course we transferre an awful lot of weaponry to the Ukrainians in over the last couple of years. Yeah, we also expended a lot of ordnance on our own in fighting the Huthis down in the Red Sea about a year or so ago. And we also expend a lot of ordinance defending Israel during the couple of years of the war in the Gaza Strip in Iran and others attacked Israel. So there is a real concern about sustaining that that industrial stockpile and a lot of what the you know. For example, big Beautiful Bill which was passed in the last few months included a plus up of one hundred and fifty billion dollars on the defense pudget over the over several years to come, a good portion of that money going to expanding the industrial base. And even prior to this operation, administration had talked about delivering its FY twenty seven defense budget at the rather you know, eye watering the top line of about one and a half trillion dollars for the year, which would be a five hundred billion dollar plus up in the defense budget. Again, a good portion of that going to expanding the industrial base and restocking the US arsenal weapons.
Speaker 1: Right, Doctor Jeff mccauslin, Jeff, it's always pleasure. Thanks for the time, my pleasure, all right, you know, it's it's funny. And look, there's there's ambivalence and ambiguity.
Speaker 2: All over this, as there always is with war, almost always.
Speaker 1: But the example of how meticulous and thoroughly the Bush White House prepared the nation and Congress and the UN and everything for that conflict, the coalition of the willing all those countries, and then then the execution of the mission was miserable after the purely military part of it. It's terrible, historically terrible. So it's just it's kind of ironic that we cite that as this is the way you do it.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 4: I don't agree with Jeff mccauslin on any of that stuff at the beginning, as if you've been listening you would know that. And I'm glad he's not in charge because I think he's wrong. But I know a lot of you do agree with them because I look at the texts, So yeah, he represents those arguments worth entertaining.
Speaker 2: Of course, he represents the thoughts of a lot of you. I don't agree.
Speaker 4: I think waiting until it's an imminent threat is a terrible idea.
Speaker 2: So that's me.
Speaker 1: Well, the history of the world is you wait too long. But this debate will be ongoing, and it's an important one and we're more than happy to engage with people who disagree. So completely different topic, the health of your dog. Roughgreens is not in dogfood. You're not gonna change your dog's food. It is a supplement. It supplements the diet with natural antioxidants and anti inflammatory compounds that help produce oxidative stress support, immune defense, and slow age related decline, helping your beloved dog state active, mobile, and alert as they age.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's this live nutritional supplement that you add to your dead chef's stable dog food.
Speaker 2: You keep the same dog food.
Speaker 4: You add this stuff and then you got the vitamins, minerals, probiotics, digestive enzymes, omega oils other stuff that can help your dog. And why not try it because it ain't gonna cost you nothing but the shipping. Roughgreens is offering a free Jumpstart trial bag. You discover shipping. Use discount code Armstrong to claim your free Jumpstart Trial bag at Roughgreens dot com r uffgreens dot com.
Speaker 1: Then you see how your dog reacts and if you love the stuff, you're probably gonna want to try again to buy some more. But again, it's a free Jumpstart trial bag Roughgreens dot Com, ruff Greens dot com, Roughgreens dot Com.
Speaker 2: Use the promo code armstrongs.
Speaker 1: Don't change the dog's food, just add rough Greens and watch the health benefits come alive. Wolf, This is a decent question from the text line, I don't know if you need.
Speaker 2: To phrase it this way. Hey, please ask this bozo. See you don't. There's no reason this all right? Is it? Right off the bag? Come on?
Speaker 4: If there is no imminent threat, then why didn't they accept free nuclear power?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: If there is, If there's any belief that they're not trying to get a nuclear weapon as fast as they can, then why wouldn't they either allow all kinds of inspections because we got nothing to hide here, We're just trying to provide nuclear power. Because it's cheaper than the fossil fuels or other countries had offered to give them nuclear power, but they didn't want that. It's because they wanted to build a bomb. So how long are you supposed to wait until somebody? How close are the uield supposed to allow them to get a bomb.
Speaker 1: Especially a country who's motto is practically death to America?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: And I don't think the North Korea example that he used makes any sense because they already have a bomb.
Speaker 2: That's why we can't do anything.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: That's why you don't want a ran to get a bomb, because once a country gets a bomb, like North Korea, you have to let them do all kinds of crazy ass.
Speaker 1: And in North Korea, No, that that was it's a very bad comparison. We'll leave it there because we're out of time. Very bad any thought. Number of levels.
Speaker 4: Text line four one KFTC. So a couple of things that have nothing to do with the war. First of all, there's a new Pinocchio slasher movie out is it? What is the rating on this? It's not for kids, isom It took the childhood classic beloved Pinocchio, which is all about if you lie, your appendages grow.
Speaker 2: One of your.
Speaker 4: Appendages grows, It's correct, which is not true. By the way, no part of your body does grow. If you if you tell him, if you, if you spread misinformation or disinformation.
Speaker 1: I would agree. I would agree that you know it's it's not for the kids. But the original Pinocchio was actually very very dark story.
Speaker 2: I've forgotten that.
Speaker 4: I mean full of like violence and abuse and that sort of thing. Here's the trailer for the new slasher Pinocchio movie.
Speaker 2: Take Cory.
Speaker 1: Peace, do make yourself. Okay, that sounds good. I'll take the goods. Oh boy, all right?
Speaker 2: And then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Katie, do you want to explain what this next clip is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a podcast with these two guys and they have.
Speaker 2: There are no other podcasts, just ours, but go on, but this one no longer exists. It's only.
Speaker 7: But they have a guest on that is translating the beginning of The Lion King, when Raffiki is holding Simba over the pride Land and it's that big dramatic moment saying.
Speaker 6: Like, no, what does it mean? It means Look there's a lion. Oh my god, what that means? That is not what that means?
Speaker 2: That's exactly. Look there's a lion. Oh my god, there's a lion.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 4: You do it in another language and it seems so like deep and mystical and powerful. You said, look there's a lion. Oh my god, it's not quite as deep and mystical. Well, how many buena vistas are there all over the place. It just means a nice view, right right, right, right right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it is a boy. I can't remember what it was.
Speaker 4: It was a movie or a song or something, but it was one of those foreign phrases that sounds all mystical, but if you put it in English, it's just so banal, like the rock or something like that.
Speaker 2: Right exactly.
Speaker 1: We don't really have time for this, but I want to highlight funk music in a little bit.
Speaker 2: That's right, he said, funk p h O n k okay. I don't know that music.
Speaker 1: People making founk music are making zillions of dollars, mostly because it's become the go to music to back up videos short videos on like TikTok or YouTube in particular.
Speaker 2: Just whatever wacky.
Speaker 1: Video you're watching has that annoying music in the background. You know what the hell, We're already talking about it. Michael play thirteen for us talks about all we can play because of weird podcast copyright laws. But uh, that's that's the sort of music that is fong apparently, huh.
Speaker 2: And is there money in that?
Speaker 1: Oh, zillions of dollars because it's used in all of those those YouTube videos and it's copywrited like any other music is.
Speaker 4: It's you know, if I'm surprised to use there aren't more people that can make that for themselves, or so many people making it that it's cheap. My son keeps making these songs with some program on his iPad that I'm just amazed, just musical stuff. He just adds all these different things in. I'm like, oh, yeah, wow, that's incredible. I would have loved being able to do that as a kid. Oh yeah, it's effortless to make.
Speaker 1: But then if yours gets hot for whatever reason, I mean it's like you pay a three dollars, it's a three dollars raffle ticket. And if for whatever reason your fong track it's hot and people decide to use it, then you get to enormous royalties.
Speaker 2: FONK is a sleeping giants at the head of a and are at a big digital.
Speaker 4: Music I feel like you really enjoy saying that what fong Gavin Newsom has an actual learning disorder, which is pretty damned interesting.
Speaker 2: Among other things. On the way Armstrong.
Speaker 8: And get the Southwest Airlines so that they're refining their new seating process amid complaints overboarding and bin space. Yep, they're going back to their old policy of every man woman in trout for themselves.
Speaker 4: Airlines need to crack down on the bags, like just eyeballing it. It seems like practically everybody in line has got a bigger bag or more bags then you're allowed, and then it fills up really quickly, so they you know, I followed the rules, so it doesn't bother me if they crack down. So this is getting lost in the blur of war. It would have been the biggest story in America today if we weren't at war. They released the videos of Bill and Hillary's interrogation over Epstein last week. They released them today, but because we're at war, they're not getting much attention. It's Epstein and it probably shouldn't get much attention. But we do have Hillary being asked about Pizzagate by Nancy Mace, who's a bit of a kukola, half a nut job for sure about the whole Pizzagate QAnon thing. And I haven't heard it yet. I'm kind of interested in hearing it. We'll get to that here soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just in a couple of minutes, but I wanted to get to this really quickly. Big, big, big, great news for fans of sanity. According to the Supreme Court in a split decision, of course, California public schools cannot keep parents in the dark if their child is trying to bend their gender at school under the sway of activists at the school.
Speaker 2: Of course, court.
Speaker 1: In a split decision concluding that parents likely have a constitutional right to be informed if their children adopt new pronouns, use a different or take other steps to socially transition to a new gender identity while at school.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's abhorrent to the idea of the school keeping it a secret, just like in just in the world of common decency, your rumors, your kids really, you know, struggling with something, So we just want to let you know, whether it's they're getting bad grades or wetting their parents, or want to change their gender whatever it is, you ought to let the parents know. But what's the constitutional right? What's that?
Speaker 2: What friggin groomers?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: I will, I will read part of it.
Speaker 1: When a child exhibits symptoms of gender dysphoria at school, California's policies conceal that information from parents and facilitate a degree of gender transitioning during school hours. These policies likely violate parents' rights to direct the upbringing and education of their children. In short, you can't cut off parents from children barring a serious legal need to do so. The counter courtse three Democrats appointed justices dissented from both rulings for various reasons, partly that some of them are childless.
Speaker 2: Oh, some or all of them are childless.
Speaker 4: I think God, you people that want to have children doing secret things against their parents at school with they help with the teachers.
Speaker 2: You are evil, you people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're absolute freakin groomers. Stop sexualizing children at school.
Speaker 2: Sick. Atlanta Kagan had a bit.
Speaker 1: Of a principle the argument she dissented the She criticized, rather the majority for using quote shortcut procedures on the emergency docket to essentially resolve a complex legal question without full briefing or arguments.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: Today's decision shows not for the first time, how our emergency docket can malfunction, she wrote, adding the court is impatient, it already knows what it thinks and insists on getting everything over quickly. There may be some truth to that, because the idea of schools sexualizing and indoctrinating children into a bizarre theory of sexuality and then keeping it secret from the parents is abhorrent and sick. That's probably you why the Supreme Court wanted to get to it. So it's a victory. It's kind of temporary issue. I don't want to explain the full details of it. What's a stay on what and reverses the countermanding order?
Speaker 2: No way.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, it stands well, even if it goes back and forth a couple of times.
Speaker 2: There's just no way it ensures us better. Not so crazy.
Speaker 4: So is the whole Pizzagate theory, in my opinion, that the Clintons were running a pedophile ring out of a pizza place in the northeast somewhere. Remember some job believed it and went there and shot some people. Remember that a little he shot into the ceiling. I think it's a QAnon thing. Is that where it originated?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Wow?
Speaker 4: Is that where the whole pedophile thing originated from? Pizzagate all spread from there.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey Epstein really liked getting with underage girls, many of them. So there's there's basis for you know, there is some fire as well as the smoke there.
Speaker 4: Right, But then when did it morph into the you know, the bushes are raping babies and eating them.
Speaker 2: When did that happen? You know? And that fits in with the pizza gate thing? AnyWho? Right?
Speaker 4: Hillary Clinton was asked about that by Representative Nancy Mace last week when she's being grilled under oath. Here's how it went.
Speaker 9: You described pizza Gate as a baseless conspiracy theory, alleging you and others ran a child sex trafficking ring from a Washington pizzerie based pizzeri a basement. Have you reviewed any twenty twenty five, twenty six Epstein files that were released that you believe reference or relate to those specific twenty sixteen claims regarding the Podesta email comet ping pong pizza used as code possibly, I'm sorry her whether.
Speaker 2: She's reviewed emails relate to the wacky pizza Gate.
Speaker 9: Excuse me, characterize it however you want. I just would like to know if she's familiar with any of them.
Speaker 10: Pizzagate was totally made up. It was an outrageous allegation that ended up hurting a number of people, that caused a deranged young man to show up with his assault rifle and shoot up a local pizzeria. I can't believe you're even referencing it.
Speaker 2: Is there more to that or is that more or less word ends? That's that's that part of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I Bill Clinton. I would never have left Bill Clinton with my sister alone in a room if I had a sister. I don't like Bill Clinton, and I don't think he's a good guy when it comes to how he treats women. But I don't think they were running a child sex ring out of a pizza place in the basement.
Speaker 2: I think that's crazy.
Speaker 4: And Nancy Mace, does it sound to you like she was trying to take that seriously or believes it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, she is half a whack job, definitely.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know her act pretty well. And now, how are you ever going to get past any of this? I don't know that we can.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely become the case that there are too many whacky online conspiracy theories and subgroups and activists of yours. You just you'd spend all your time running around trying to refute their whack of doodal arguments.
Speaker 4: I suppose we should hear from Bill Clinton ask a specific question here there clipped thirty five, Michael, I.
Speaker 2: Do think you should be talking to me. I think you should have called me.
Speaker 5: I did take those blind trips with them, and you have a right to ask those questions.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was thirty four. Do we have thirty five or they misnumbered? Yeah, that's that's I've got the right numbers. Okay, So what's the one about did you have sexual contact? Because thirty six, did.
Speaker 11: You ever have any sexual contact with young women or girls in the presence of Epstcen or Maxwell? No, did you ever have sexual contact with any young woman or girl introduced to you by Epstein or Maxwell?
Speaker 2: And then just roll that next one.
Speaker 11: Mister President, with the benefit of hindsight, where there things you witness that could have suggested that Epstein was trafficking and sexually abusing young women and girls?
Speaker 4: I did not believe, so HM put a little thought into that one I just read. He was asked specifically about Trump, and he said, I never saw anything that would indicate to me that Donald Trump was doing anything illegal or on tw with young girls. Although the crowd I personally know that believes all this but Ophelia stuff. They think the Trump and Clinton's and Bushes in Hollywood are all working together on this. So of course he would say that can we go back to Hillary briefly? This was very jazzy, speaking of half a nut job. Lauren Bobert took a picture, evidently and sent it to a right wing podcaster, dude right, who put it out immediately, and Hillary got wind of it in the middle of the hearing, even though that's strictly against the rules that they had all agreed on.
Speaker 2: And it went like this thirty one Michael.
Speaker 12: Excuse me, Can I interrupt? I have another odos that are being released of the secretary as she is testifying from inside this room. Can you please advise me as to whether or not that's promissible and consistent with the rules, particularly given that we have asked for public hearing. Are photos that are being released of the secretary, she is testifying. Can you please explain how.
Speaker 2: I've done with this? If you guys are doing that, I am done.
Speaker 10: You can pull me a contempt from now till the cows come home.
Speaker 2: This is just typical behavior all for heaven.
Speaker 12: I would like to understand how that's commissible for the hearing was It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: We all are abiding by the same rules.
Speaker 6: I will take that down. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Well, I would like to take a break at this one.
Speaker 2: I'd like to have gone for now. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hillary comes off as sharp and feisty through the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Bill is a very old fella who Scarborough alway should play that just because it's kind of interesting. We have time.
Speaker 4: Nobody'd ever let this cat out of the bag. Scarborough's friends with all these people, Joe Scarborough and MSNBC.
Speaker 13: And then and then there was this scene of an aging Bill Clinton obviously suffering through Parkinson's being held there for hour after hour after hour. You all are doing something to an ex president that nobody's ever done.
Speaker 4: Good for just the fact that he said Bill's suffering with Parkinson's. No, that's never been released before. No, I wonder if he accidentally let that slip I think he did.
Speaker 1: If this is a grand standy crap, And look, I'm a proud conservative or reluctant Republican more or less.
Speaker 4: I can't stand the Clintons, but I think it was grand standy crap.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, If you were serious about this stuff, and anybody who's done any serious reading of reasonable sources about the whole Epstein case over the years, you would be subpoenaing and questioning local authorities in the Palm Beach area in Florida and state prosecutors in Florida. There are half a dozen FBI agents who you ought to be subpoenaing.
Speaker 2: You ought to be talking to.
Speaker 1: Some of the prosecutors in New York who took a look at these charges and passed over them, or thought there wasn't enough evidence, or mysteriously just let it go. You would be talking to cops, FBI agents, and victims. You witnesses who filed, who called the FBI and said hey, I just saw this and were ignored for a year. That's who you would be talking to.
Speaker 2: Not freaking Bill and Hillary. Oh for heaven.
Speaker 4: Now, if you were grilling Bill and Hillary about the Clinton Foundation and what they were giving people for the tens of millions of dollars that people gave them.
Speaker 2: Now that would be a hearing. I'd be all for oh for heaven. Oh yeah, it's pretty easy to understand.
Speaker 1: You get hundreds of millions of dollars and you spread a fair amount of it around doing good, but then you use the rest of it to live likely your king creases of old you pay go anywhere and do anything we want for the rest of our lives.
Speaker 4: We travel around the world on a private plane, give a speech that you pay us three hundred thousand dollars for because you needed to hear this speech because it was gonna help so much.
Speaker 2: All for family and friends are on the payroll too.
Speaker 1: It's great, and we actually do some good with the money sometimes, but it's mostly for us.
Speaker 2: Now, that would be a hearing.
Speaker 1: Yes, grand standy crap, hey, hey, two hundred and fifty years, it was a good run.
Speaker 2: What Bye Sweet America? So you think it was the last time I said that? It's been years. Goodbye Sweet America. That's right, that used to be your slogan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you're thinking, you think this is a little grim, but you think you're like sometimes people get really old. They hang on long enough to turn ninety or one hundred, or their daughter, granddaughter's wedding or whatever. We're as a country hanging on for the two hundred and fiftieth birthday.
Speaker 2: Then we will expire. Oh yeah, well kind of.
Speaker 1: It's not going to be that quick, I'm reminded of. You know, there comes a time in a war, for instance, like World War Two, when was it absolutely clear the Nazis could not win. Different people, different historians would pick different dates, but my point is it was well before the end. Then there was the hanging on even though it was never going to be successful period, which is unfortunately because many people died. There are days I feel like our republic is about to clearly move into the Then they hung on out of patriotism and pride because the constitution was so amazing, but it clearly was no longer a functioning democratic republic.
Speaker 4: That part of World War Two is the part in the movie Fury with Brad Pitt as.
Speaker 2: A tank commander. WHOA is that rough? That's a good war movie if you haven't seen it, and just keeps recommending that I got to see it. It's pretty good. It's pretty good. We got more on the waist to hear. Although how many's got to be on high alert.
Speaker 3: I mean, I doubt he's anywhere near a location that obvious, giving the advanced surveillance he's been under from American and Israeli intelligence.
Speaker 1: This is the moment that officials say the eighty six year old Diatola was killed and he stayed.
Speaker 6: In his house.
Speaker 2: Old people are so frecking stubborn. It's like.
Speaker 4: They really are, Like you cannot tell them anything, sir, please, you are in danger here.
Speaker 6: I'm not leaving.
Speaker 2: This is my house.
Speaker 6: I didn't ask you to day.
Speaker 2: You could go on day.
Speaker 5: What did I do?
Speaker 4: It's now being reported that the Israelis struck the meeting of the Iranian Supreme Council where officials were gathering to choose a new Supreme leader. Israel struck while they're actually counting the votes for the appointment of a new Supreme leader.
Speaker 2: So they're counting votes to replace the dude. Pick you got to replace a dude and killed everybody.
Speaker 1: At the same time. So that's that's ironic. They could have, you know, just saved themselves the pain of the meeting. A couple of others, Yeah, a couple other news of the day things. President Trump said it's too late for talks with Iran and warned that the United States has enough humnitions munitions to fight forever. I think that defies logic, but it's a good thing to say to your enemy. No point in saying to your enemy. And we got about another week's forth of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm a little concerned about all of that.
Speaker 4: I think this one is interesting. So Ever since the Iraq War, the whole boots on the ground thing has been a real red line, and journalists love asking.
Speaker 2: What about boots on the ground.
Speaker 4: There's the possibility of boots on the ground, and every president or senator whoever, says, I have no plans on my desk for boots on the ground, because that's a line did not cross. Trump was asked about that the other day and he said maybe. Hexat said, you know, we might. And Trump was asking about it again today and he said, I don't have the yips with respect to boots on the ground. Like every president says there will be no boots on the ground, I don't say that. Trump said, after launching strikes, I say, probably don't need them, or if they are necessary, but I'm not worried about saying it, which is just a more you know, it's odd that that that sometimes Trump can be so childish, but often is the adult in the room on questions like this, Yeah we might, I don't mind saying that.
Speaker 2: Big deal.
Speaker 1: I choked down about ten minutes of the obnoxious. Margaret Brennan on Meet the Press on Sunday, and her lead question to Tom Cotton noted Republican Hawk senator as the president said, this campaign might last more than days, perhaps weeks? Does that mean boots on the ground? And I'm like, what is this a cliche?
Speaker 2: Are you? Are you? This is a parody? Right?
Speaker 1: She didn't even like justify therefore, because of the ongoing might we have nos, just goes with that knee jerk idiotic.
Speaker 2: Good thing or a bad thing question? And what did he say?
Speaker 1: He more or less said, it's it's irrelevant task that at this point.
Speaker 4: Which is true. It is a fact, though, so that no regime has been changed without boots on the ground. It's never been done by air strikes alone, even if you kill the people in charge.
Speaker 1: Right, I think we they are counting on the incredibly low level of support for the regime among the Iranian people. But who got the guns wins the fights.
Speaker 4: That is the advantage of in a country like ours, where we have no we're armed, we have a Second Amendment.
Speaker 2: They don't have that in Iran. Armstrong and Getty